Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Imperial Doctress 《女医·明妃传》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Huang Xuan

Quote Originally Posted by myenson1 View Post
    Don't know what you mean... This drama it #1 online and at that time slot....
    This ... look at the 7.5 rating by audience.
    It was 8.2 on par with the fox spirit drama that started airing 1 day earlier , but tumbled every week to 8.1 -- 7.9 -- 7.5
    Must be downvoted by new audience after they saw the amount of puke and impossible boat pakour jump at first few episodes.

QQ video platform is an official licensed partner , look at the 700million play count.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/vNRBFEI.jpg')

Actually, personally I'm more attracted by the "boring" politics than by the central romance.

It's interesting because the politics isn't this two-fraction deadlock thing, but has each person is out for him/herself with alliances shifting based on circumstances, plus the 'minor' characters (Younger brother of Wallace's character, the senior Empress Dowager and the 'barbarian' Taishi) are well-acted.

I'm still skimming the series, so it's definitely got it's plot attractions!

Quote Originally Posted by krabs View Post
    This ... look at the 7.5 rating by audience.
    It was 8.2 on par with the fox spirit drama that started airing 1 day earlier , but tumbled every week to 8.1 -- 7.9 -- 7.5
    Must be downvoted by new audience after they saw the amount of puke and impossible boat pakour jump at first few episodes.

QQ video platform is an official licensed partner , look at the 700million play count.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.imgur.com/vNRBFEI.jpg')
    热播榜
    659,155,9501女医明妃传
    351,098,4072爱人的谎言
    342,018,1743芈月传
    10400431_898473226941764_4963927946160472269_n.jpg12734025_899144536874633_119713969504821484_n.jpg12742458_898473133608440_4329421560781739421_n.jpg12799297_902148583240895_5088043438851208142_n.jpg12801106_902148536574233_5994837345065713339_n.jpg
    that how popular this series is.. so I don't know what you are talking about//

Oh geez! I just popped into to have a look at a random episode to see what was going on and saw Wallace inside a cow!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by myenson1 View Post
    Don't know what you mean... This drama it #1 online and at that time slot....
    There are obvious haters who selectively publish figures only from one source to justify their hatred.

Auuuugh, Qi Yu is the worst. I got caught up this weekend (episode 44) and it's definitely reaching peak Qi Yu hatred levels. Others have critiqued the drama for making his character "turn" too quickly and without much logical build-up, and I have to agree with that. And it's not like there wasn't material to work with. They could have shown him harboring some resentment in the beginning with being the lesser prince, or shown him struggling with his ambition versus his loyalty to Qi Zhen. Instead, he's perfect Prince Charming for half the drama and then BAM, worst person ever.

I still like this drama best out of the (many) options currently airing but like yanfeng, I'm mostly skimming. I feel like each drama is a let down in its own way, and The Imperial Doctress just happens to be my favorite out of the mediocre selection. It doesn't deserve serious bashing (I mean, did you see Yun Zhong Ge? Or Chronicle of Life?) but it's not going to win any awards, either. I'm just in it for the Liu Shi Shi/Wallace Huo pretty at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovewuxia View Post
    There are obvious haters who selectively publish figures only from one source to justify their hatred.
    If you were referring to me , I'm certainly not a hater.
    Look back at previous pages , I dug out this thread from 12 months of inactivity to update the airdate news and promo photos.

It's a fact 2 tangren productions aired within 1 day of each other , 1 was upvoted while 1 was downvoted over weeks. Was just pointing out my opinion on what could have possibly caused that.
    Last edited by krabs; 03-07-16 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by panda-pop View Post
    Auuuugh, Qi Yu is the worst. I got caught up this weekend (episode 44) and it's definitely reaching peak Qi Yu hatred levels. Others have critiqued the drama for making his character "turn" too quickly and without much logical build-up, and I have to agree with that. And it's not like there wasn't material to work with. They could have shown him harboring some resentment in the beginning with being the lesser prince, or shown him struggling with his ambition versus his loyalty to Qi Zhen. Instead, he's perfect Prince Charming for half the drama and then BAM, worst person ever.

I still like this drama best out of the (many) options currently airing but like yanfeng, I'm mostly skimming. I feel like each drama is a let down in its own way, and The Imperial Doctress just happens to be my favorite out of the mediocre selection. It doesn't deserve serious bashing (I mean, did you see Yun Zhong Ge? Or Chronicle of Life?) but it's not going to win any awards, either. I'm just in it for the Liu Shi Shi/Wallace Huo pretty at this point.
    has the
    click to show/hide spoilers
    rape scene
    happened yet?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    has the
    rape scene
    happened yet?
    ohhh...would love to know which episode this is...might avoid it...

would anyone be able to tell me which episode is it where liushishi and wallace ends up leaving the palace? thinking of skipping all the palace politics and going straight to the 2 alone...

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    has the
    rape scene
    happened yet?
    Pretty sure it happens in episode 45. To be completely safe, maybe skip 46 as well.. both are going to be rough for anyone still shipping Qi Yu and Yun Xian.

This is just speculation so I won't put it in spoiler tags, but I don't get the sense that Yun Xian and Qi Zhen are actually going to get together before the drama ends. I think it's more of a "end of last episode, Qi Zhen rides off into the sunset looking for Yun Xian to spend the rest of their lives together" kinda thing.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i.imgur.com/wkEToL8.jpg')

You may want to check out Douban, a more neutral website for reviewers. https://movie.douban.com/subject/25817053/
    Last edited by xiaodan4869; 03-07-16 at 09:18 PM.
    ~~~

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/mw690/ed47ac0fjw1f1papfoyhmj20c80fi3zt.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/mw690/ed47ac0fjw1f1papfgrhqj20c80bajsz.jpg')

The show is getting mix review, but def popular!!!

Don't have the time to catchup the last 8 episodes yet so I jumped straight to the last episode and fast forwarded .... at least it's a happy ending

I hate these kind of ending!!!! lol Grrrrr

I'm on the "grrrr" side of things too, haha. For those of you waiting on ending spoilers to decide if you should watch the show:

Yun Xian gets knocked up, and she and Qi Yu are back on good terms again. Qi Yu get another personality make-over and finally shows some remorse over stealing Qi Zhen's throne. He promises to keep Qi Zhen's son as the crown prince-- basically, everything's dandy. Aaand then, Mei Lin (Qi Yu's empress) decides to poison Yun Xian. Except Qi Yu drinks it instead by chance. He dies, but not before we spend one or two episodes watching Mei Lin get deposed, Yun Xian become queen, and Qi Yu's mother being all kinds of terrible. Qi Yu *finally* dies in the last episode, and Yun Xian loses her baby because Qi Yu's mom pushes her or something. It was all very draggy and I fast forwarded a lot. She then escapes the palace to just be a regular doctor. "Many years later," Qi Zhen's empress passes away and he leaves the kingdom to his son to follow Yun Xian. The last scene is him entering her home, and the two of them exchange a smile.

I was a Qi Zhen/Yun Xian shipper from the start, but it's a bummer how much they messed up Qi Yu's character. And not even in an interesting-to-watch kind of way.

Welp .... I have to say I agree with a lot of the sentiments here. Qi Yu's turn of character was just not done properly at all, like @panda-pop mentioned there is so much potential to develop that character as to why he became that way but instead it felt more like they "rushed it". His character despite the change is STILL one dimensional (worst kind of character change possible in writing) thanks to no proper development (or any whatsoever) and ultimately falls short. While they emphasized his good qualities as the "perfect gentleman" in the beginning I also wish they showed something like an ambitious side to him which was kept under control only for so long and inner conflicts between loyalty to his brother and ambition to prove his worth/make his mother proud etc, so it makes sense to the audience when he transitioned to the 'dark side'. His self and actions earlier in the series don't add up to who he has became. I get it they were trying to convey the message that power corrupts or changes people and their priorities even in an overnight kinda way, but they could've made more sense outta it by building up to it along with, say - processes involved in Qi Yu's change. In fact it would've even made it a stronger impact if done properly, which it wasn't.
    Last edited by Dmm19; 03-11-16 at 01:34 AM.

【暴走看啥片第三季】29 女医明妃玛丽苏要女权,奔爱狗血大拼盘

~~~

Poor Huang Xuan has an inconsistent and poorly written character in the drama, but I find myself gradually liking this guy after seeing him at interviews and shows. He seems really nice and adorably shy. Plus, watch this video of Huang Xuan during the filming of Imperial Doctress. The guy is hilarious.

I have to agree that Huang Xuan grew on me with his acting. Before this series started and when the trailers first came out, I was severely disappointed that he was the male lead who supposedly LSS's character falls in love with. Mind you that was the shallow side of me speaking, as I have never seen anything the guy was in and thought he literally came out of nowhere. On top of that, I didn't find him the slightest bit attractive whatsoever looks-wise.

@Melanie thanks for sharing the NG clip ! lol @ the part where one of the assasins he was fighting in the lake helped him get up when he fell in the water

I agree; Huang Xuan really grows on you. I don't think he's traditionally attractive at first glance, but after staring at him for a while, he seems pretty good looking. I saw Wallace Huo and Huang Xuan in this show called Happy Camp, and it was absolutely hilarious. From the show, I can tell that Wallace Huo is much more outgoing than Huang Xuan is. Huang Xuan is more quiet and shy.