Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: The Imperial Doctress 《女医·明妃传》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Huang Xuan

I found this video really touching. Huang Xuan's fans and friends surprised him with a birthday party, and he was moved to tears, perhaps because he was pretty much an unknown actor. When he found out there were viewers who actually liked him enough to put together a party for him, he was so grateful. By the way, he looked quite handsome in this birthday video.

I wasn't going to watch this, but my family's watching it, so.
    I liked Huang Xuan since I saw him on Miyue xD He has this kind of honest charisma to him that is attractive even if he's not conventionally gorgeous the way some other actors are. I hope his career goes well

Though, Isn't this just another Mi Yue? >.> I mean, in the sense that all the guys like her, all the girls hate her, so on.

But the medical knowledge I picked up were pretty neat so far.

I have finished watching the show and i really like Ye Xian a lot. Does anyone like him as well? I think he did a great job in the show.

click to show/hide spoilers
    Yun Xian bitten Ye Xian's tongue and i wonder if it was really LSS the one who did it or a substitute. I really hope Yun Xian ended up with Ye Xian...

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I agree; Huang Xuan really grows on you. I don't think he's traditionally attractive at first glance, but after staring at him for a while, he seems pretty good looking. I saw Wallace Huo and Huang Xuan in this show called Happy Camp, and it was absolutely hilarious. From the show, I can tell that Wallace Huo is much more outgoing than Huang Xuan is. Huang Xuan is more quiet and shy.

Huang Xuan!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnee View Post
    I have finished watching the show and i really like Ye Xian a lot. Does anyone like him as well? I think he did a great job in the show.

click to show/hide spoilers
    Yun Xian bitten Ye Xian's tongue and i wonder if it was really LSS the one who did it or a substitute. I really hope Yun Xian ended up with Ye Xian...
    I'm currently obsessed with the actor, Yuan Wen Kang, thanks to his brilliant performance in Princess Jie You, and have been pimping him eversince His performance as Ye Xian seems to gain him quite a lot of new fangirls. I think it's a testament of his talent. He's got an unfortunate hairstyle, but his acting made it up, he's been praised as a "manly man". Although he's indeed very good in Imperial Doctress, I would recommend that you check him in Princess Jie You, especially from ep 10 onward

Quote Originally Posted by lenje View Post
    I'm currently obsessed with the actor, Yuan Wen Kang, thanks to his brilliant performance in Princess Jie You, and have been pimping him eversince His performance as Ye Xian seems to gain him quite a lot of new fangirls. I think it's a testament of his talent. He's got an unfortunate hairstyle, but his acting made it up, he's been praised as a "manly man". Although he's indeed very good in Imperial Doctress, I would recommend that you check him in Princess Jie You, especially from ep 10 onward
    LOL unfortunate hairstyle , hmm reading your comment make me want to take a look princess Jie You, too bad i can't watch it without english sub

Quote Originally Posted by 12blbl View Post
    LOL unfortunate hairstyle , hmm reading your comment make me want to take a look princess Jie You, too bad i can't watch it without english sub
    I can tell you that Mandarin proficiency isn't a prerequisites. I don't speak nor read Mandarin, yet I found it was pretty easy to follow the drama

Quote Originally Posted by lenje View Post
    I am currently catching Princess Jie You and i plan to skip to episode 10 as i am at episode 7 already but i still don't see him a lot! So far, i am starting to like the drama a little because the girl is really pretty.
    I like his hairstyle a lot in The Imperial Doctress though because he looks so cute with it! I know him through this drama and i am glad that more people will fangirl over him. He is a good actor and deserve more fame than he already have!
    Last edited by Lynnee; 03-18-16 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Huang Xuan!
    He really does grow on you. I loved his character's personality in the second half of Red Sorghum. Zhu Qiyu characterisation derailed in the second half of Imperial Doctress - HX's acting was the only saving grace.
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 05-20-16 at 03:04 AM.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    He really does grow on you. I loved his character's personality in the second half of Red Sorghum. Zhu Qiyu characterisation derailed in the second half of Imperial Doctress - HX's acting was the only saving grace.
    I am looking forward to Huang Xuan in the upcoming "Tribes & Empires". I am glad that he is taking on different roles.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Love the series.

Hi l just wanted to ask if this series is a nice story and if Wallace is handsome in it
    Thanks!

Yes this is great story. I really love this one. For me personally I like this story better than TJOF. Don't worry Wallace is handsome here and being an emperor really helps

I am currently watching this series on DramaFever, and in the beginning it was starting out good but I'm around episode 40, and I wish they would just end it. Just kill off everyone now. LOL. LSS has too many guys chasing her, and all of them besides the one she wants is doing so much to win her heart over.

I dislike where this series is going. It wasn't like Sounds of the Desert where she eventually caved for Eddie Peng's character.

I'm only on here because I was trying to find the spoilers of the ending. Haha.
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

No doubt he is good. No wonder he also get choose to play in Ruyi Royal Palace but I forgot the role. Hope it's not minor one.