Thread: Can Zhang Wuji or internal energy cure hemorrhagic diseases like ebola?

Default Can Zhang Wuji or internal energy cure hemorrhagic diseases like ebola?

Can internal energy destroy viruses?

I would say probably not; traditional Chinese medicine (including the fictional varieties) is limited against infectious disease because it doesn't attack the source of the problem.

I've always thought some of the "poisons" in wuxia behaved more like a viral or bacterial infection -especially something like the poison OYF used on the sharks or that corpse explosion technique used by DCQ.

btw: Has anyone seen "Scientific Qigong Exploration"? It makes claims that qigong can do all sorts of crazy stuff like act as a catalyst substitute for chemical reactions, change the half-life of radioactive materials, etc. so if you can manipulate matter at the subatomic level via internal energy... it's too bad none of the experiments are repeatable without the magic user, I mean qigong practitioner.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

i'm not an expert on ebola or infectious diseases in general, but what little i know about the nature of viruses and how they infect their hosts, the answer is "no". qigong and neigong focus more on blood circulation and flow of qi, and that is at a much more macro level than what would be needed to sort out a viral infection, which is not only at the cellular level, but at the level of DNA.
    nostalgic for wuxiasociety? http://wuxiasociety.freeforums.net/

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

How about Shaolin Tendon Metamorphosis Sutra. This seems to be the only art able to make physical changes to the body.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    How about Shaolin Tendon Metamorphosis Sutra. This seems to be the only art able to make physical changes to the body.
    You mean the Yik Gun Ging? I always wondered if learning this skill would have helped Mo Dong Hero # 3 overcome his crippling disabilities and enable him to practice martial arts again.

again, i'm no expert, especially not of traditional chinese medicine. and not having read the sutra, i don't know the basis of its healing method.

based on the name, though, and extrapolating from what sort of physical changes would likely result from it, it still seems more likely that the changes would be at the organ/tissue level--i.e., the macro level. changes can be made at this level of structure without fundamentally changing it at the cellular and genetic (i.e., micro) level. think of it like the belly of a pregnant woman: as the baby grows, the belly has to expand. the body does this not only by stretching the existing skin tissue but also creating more skin cells to form more tissue and surface area. the skin cells, at the cellular level, are still the same--they don't all of a sudden become liver cells that start growing on the outside of the body--so even if the physical structure of the belly is changed, the cells are still the same.

so, in short, it's unlikely that the sutra can expunge viruses like antiviral medication can.
    nostalgic for wuxiasociety? http://wuxiasociety.freeforums.net/

All physical exercises result in physical changes to the body over time, hopefully for the better. If it did not, there would not be much point in exercising.

Quote Originally Posted by skykh18 View Post
    Can internal energy destroy viruses?
    Yes, not only ebola, but hiv/aids, cancer and all kinda incurable sicknesses that modern science unable to cure

Perhaps it can stabilize the vital organs from bleeding or deteriorating until the body is able fight off the infection on its own

Sounds like a novel idea.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Default Can 9Yang or 9Yin cure people who are infected with Coronavirus?

Can 9Yang or 9Yin cure people who are infected with Coronavirus?

Wuxia inner power manuals have never been shown to have any effect on infectious diseases.