Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: A Martial Odyssey 2

hey avidfan just registered to thank you for martial odyssey 2. dont give up.

Thanks.
    Think that many previous readers are not aware of a sequel since avidfan did conclude the 1st part with a closure.

Quote Originally Posted by qin ping View Post
    hey avidfan just registered to thank you for martial odyssey 2. dont give up.
    Hi thanks Qin Ping for giving your support! And thanks for registering just to give your support also

Quote: Ycb5959
    Thanks.
    Think that many previous readers are not aware of a sequel since avidfan did conclude the 1st part with a closure.
    Thanks Ycb5959. I guess so too!

Great to see you

Chapter 4: The Celestial Divinity Stages.

The Celestial Palace was said to be located somewhere in the misty Nirvana Mountains, a region of mountains that were as enormous as the vast expanse of the Central Plains itself!

When Yi Ping saw the map that was drawn on a piece of goat skin, he was speechless. It did not take a bright person to figure how daunting his task was in locating the mysterious Celestial Palace.

It was no wonder that the one year ago the Honor Manor and the Virtuous Palace saw the need to muster the entire martial fraternity on a secret expedition against the Celestial Palace. By all appearances, the expedition was against the Holy Hex Sect but in secret, it was also a master plan to draw the attention of the Celestial Palace.

Plan A was designed to lure the martial exponents of the Celestial Palace into revealing themselves so that the Honor Manor and the Virtuous Palace could at least have someone to interrogate on the exact whereabouts of the Celestial Palace.

Failing that, Plan B would be to expose the Celestial Palace as a direct threat to the martial fraternity and muster all the martial clans to comb the Nirvana Mountains for the mysterious Celestial Palace.

Plan B of the Honor Manor and the Virtuous Palace was not without its flaw and it was a plan that Xiao Shuai the Protégé Master of the Virtuous Palace had hoped not to see in action. His objective was simple; seize the Heavenly Relic and the Holy Maiden from the Holy Amalgamate Sect, invoke the Divine Calamity under an auspicious omen for ascension as a Celestial. He had no real wish to provoke the Celestial Palace until he was more confident.

Previously, there were many expeditions that were undertaken by the various martial clans to gain a foothold in the vast Nirvana Mountains. None had ever returned and not even an outpost had survived!

Yi Ping smiled bitterly as he asked, “So which way do we go?”

Yunzi replied, “There is a small borderland town that is the nearest to the Nirvana Mountains. If we want to know the whereabouts of Lele and the rest, we may find a clue in that town. However there is a possibility that Lele may not go that way and heads toward the Celestial Palace directly.”

She took a glance at Shen Xingyue who nodded quietly to her.

Yi Ping nodded as well, “If there are any clues to the Celestial Palace then that town may have some information for us there. Let’s go and hurry then!”

It took just two weeks for them to traverse past the wilderness before they caught sight of the small borderland town.

The borderland town was serene. There was a river in front and lofty mountains surrounded it on all sides. Along the river bank was tall bamboos, plum blossoms and willow trees.

This was far from the deserted and barren town that Yi Ping was actually expecting. After all, the name of this town on the map was really called Borderland.

Lingfeng took off her veiled straw hat as she eyed the beautiful town as she smiled at the beautiful sight.

Yi Ping asked her, “Lingfeng, why did you take off your straw hat?”

Lingfeng smiled and asked, “Why not? Why can’t I take off my straw hat?”

Yi Ping adjusted his straw hat uncomfortably and sighed, “Your crimson eyes. You can easily scare off the others…”

Lingfeng interrupted with an alluring soft laughter, “Have you ever seen a freak that is as beautiful as me?”

Yi Ping smiled bitterly.

Indeed, no one would describe Lingfeng the Heaveness as a freak. She was more of the epitome of a heavenly fairy!

Shen Xingyue chuckled softly as she took off her veiled straw hat, “I don’t have crimson eyes so I can at least meet some people.”

Yi Ping smiled even more bitterly.

Shen Xingyue’s eyes were gray and most people would be captivated by her enchanting demeanor than noticed that her eyes colors were slightly different from the others!

Youxue adjusted her veiled straw hat and said coolly, “It doesn’t matter to me. At most, I can wait to have a decent meal until we can find a cozy room.”

Yunzi nodded and said, “We also cannot rule out the possibilities that the Celestial Palace have their lookouts in this town. We must take extra precaution.”

Yi Ping said with some irritation to Lingfeng, “Lingfeng, put back your straw hat…”

Lingfeng laughed cheerfully, “Hmph! You seem to have forgotten that I am also the Heaveness. I am your Grand Protégé Mistress!”

Yi Ping smiled bitterly, “That was in the past…”

Lingfeng hummed, “Even now, I am still your Older Protégé Sister. So you got to listen to me and not the other way round!”

Yi Ping was feeling giddy, “We can’t go in the town like that. You will attract too much of an attention.”

Lingfeng sighed softly, “Oh well…”

All of a sudden, her eyes were black again!

She winked at Yi Ping, “How about this?”

Yi Ping sighed as he looked dazedly at her.

She was the only one in their group that was able to disguise the coloring of her eyes. She was able to do so due to her high state of divinity.

Shen Xingyue was a highly attained Celestial and her state of divinity was also astonishing. But even for her, she was not able to tell the extent of Lingfeng’s state of divinity!

By now, she had already known that Lingfeng was the mythical Heaveness and her divine aura was incredible commanding. In the end, she concluded that Lingfeng was trying to mask her celestial state for an unknown reason.

Even though they had all tried on numerous times, especially Lele to query her on what the upper realm was like but she had always declined to answer politely by saying. “Heaven’s secret is not to be divulged. It is best to wait until you are there. All these are but tribulations to a higher state of divinity.”

Mei’Er the Beautiful Sword Fairy, who was also the Axis Heaven Goddess, was not shy to ask. “Why can’t you tell us? Why are you being so secretive about it? You don’t trust us or you are looking down on us?”

Despites Mei’Er constant taunts, Lingfeng said nothing and was unconcerned.

Whenever she was asked the same question, she seemed to be in a place far, far away and her alluring eyes would be melancholy.

Yixian the Celestial Fairy simply said to Mei’Er, “Some things are best not known. You should be more concerned in trying to attain your divine state.”

Among the group, Yixian was the most unconcerned. It was because she had pushed herself too hard in the past and after ascending as a Celestial, she had grown much wiser. She guessed that Lingfeng did not want discourage them and was goading them toward a higher state of divinity. What better motivation was there other than the unknown and the desire for knowledge?

“Hmph, what are you thinking? Why are you in a daze?”

Yi Ping was jolted as he panicky explained, “I am just thinking of something…”

Lingfeng interrupted unhappily, “You are thinking of something or someone? You are not even paying attention to me.”

Youxue looked at Yi Ping quietly before she said, “So are we going into the town or not?”

Yi Ping sighed heavily as he looked at the four maidens at the same time.

There were seven celestial divinity; Genesis, Enlighten, Emotion, Transverse, Seventh Sense, Crisis and Ascend in order to transcend to the Heavens. Yi Ping was a prodigy. Each of the celestial divinity had a lower, intermediate and upper stage.

He had quickly overcome the Genesis Stage and had now reached the Upper Enlighten Stage. Soon, he was about to reach the Emotion Stage. That was a most critical stage for him as he had to discard away his emotional attachments. This was something that was extremely hard for him to overcome.

Even though he was the White Sage but he had little memories of the White Sage. All his past memories were memories of guilt he had towards the rest of the maidens that he had known through the Emptiness Translucence, a martial heart intricacy skill.

In this present timeline through an impossible probability of coincidences, they had met again. None of them had past recollections of their past except for Lingfeng the Heaveness and Shen Xingyue the Fiery Phoenix.

Shen Xingyue had another fraternity name and it was the Dark Enchantress. After she had lost the Divine Sword the Perpetual Darkness and had perfected her Divine Rejuvenate Force, she had changed her fraternity name to Fiery Phoenix. She was also the highest level Celestial, having just overcome the Lower Crisis Stage and was now in the Intermediate Crisis State.

Youxue, Yunzi, Mei’Er and Yu’Er who had also overcome the Divine Calamity were all at the Enlighten Stage.

Yixian the Celestial Fairy and Lie Qing the Heavenly Temptress had progressed at an even astonishing pace. Both of them had already reached the Emotion Stage!

At that Yi Ping sighed heavily. It was because the Emotion Stage was sometimes also the most dangerous and critical stage to overcome for most Celestials.

Yixian may be the coldest maiden that everyone had thought her but that was not true. It was because she was not willing to display her affections and because the heart intricacy formula of the Icy Heavenly Tears required the practitioners to be cold and emotionless. Even when she knew that her Divine Calamity was going to difficult to overcome, she was not willing to tell anyone.

As for Lie Qing, she was a most sentimental maiden who had pledged her heart to him. But because she was now at the Emotion Stage, she was forced to withhold her affections. That proved detrimental to her and may be fatal to her at this point.

Yi Ping was really worried that Lie Qing may not be able to overcome her tribulations well and may die.

As for Lele the Joyful Goddess, she was the second highest level Celestial and was in the Lower Transverse Stage. It had taken her approximately two hundred years to simply overcome the Emotion Stage and her progression was already considered fast!

Even though there were just seven celestial levels but the difference between each level was so vast and dangerous that many Celestials perished. It was estimated that only roughly one third of the Celestials at each staging were able to overcome their tribulations!

So how could Yi Ping not be worried for them?

He took a quick glance at Shen Xingyue who was also looking at him at the same time. Even though she did not say anything, Yi Ping knew that her tribulations were terrifying at her celestial level. It was because the tribulations were a test on their limitations and it was never going to be easy!

All of a sudden, Shen Xingyue whispered. “Someone else is approaching and from his steps, he is no ordinary exponent!”

Youxue nodded as well. Her hearing was not as good as Shen Xingyue but she had detected the presence of a somber air in this tranquil place.

True enough, an old man had appeared and had walked quietly towards them.

He had a solemn expression and even the alluring beauty of both Lingfeng and Shen Xingyue did not seem to have any effect on him.

Yi Ping eyed him with caution but he did not say anything for he did not know his intentions yet.

The old man simply looked at Yi Ping and asked him, “Are you the young hero Yi Ping?”

Yi Ping said, “I may not be a true hero but I am Yi Ping. How did you know my name?”

The old man said, “Then follows me! My Master is expecting you!”

And he had turned around without waiting for Yi Ping to reply!

Youxue hummed coldly and she made sure that the old man could hear her, “What an insolent old man!”

But the old man did not have any reaction as he continued to walk away!

Yunzi shifted uneasily. It could be a ruse to ambush them if they were to follow him.

Yi Ping shouted, “At least you should tell us your name, who is your master is and why we should go with you?”

The old man paused in his track for a while to say, “My name isn’t important. But my master is someone you know and he is expecting you somewhere not far away from here.”

Yi Ping asked, “I know your master? I didn’t know I have any friends here.”

The old man laughed, “I don’t know his name either. But his fraternity name is the Celestial Liege!”

Immediately, Yi Ping, Youxue, Yunzi and Lingfeng turned pale!

Shen Xingyue noticed their reactions and immediately, she garnered a guess that this Celestial Liege must be a terrible opponent!

Youxue said coldly, “Good! I have been waiting to settle a score with him for a long time!”

Yi Ping said solemnly, “All the more I won’t go with you. Please tell your master that I have no wish to meet him!”

The old man laughed, “Young man, don’t be hasty first. If you want to see your baby girl again, then you have to come quietly. The Celestial Palace does not take kindly to rejections.”

Yi Ping turned pale immediately!

Ch4 End
    Previous Chapter
    Next Chapter
    Last edited by Avidfan; 11-07-14 at 10:40 PM.

thank you avidfan very much appreciated

Thanks for another update

Wonderful. Another update. Just finished rereading MO1. Still astounded by the depth of imagery displayed in this enthralling epic of spiritual ascension via martial transmutations.

Thanks for another exciting chapter, Avidfan!

Chapter 5: The Celestial Liege Again!

Yi Ping and his female companions followed the old man through a hidden mountain path that was surrounded by shades of ancient towering trees. If the old man was not leading them, they would never have found out about this mountain path.

Just as they had turned around a bend, they weare astonished to see a beautiful white and blue palace that was built along the cliff. The only way up to that palace was a series of wooden platform along the steep cliff.

Yunzi commented softly to herself, “This must be a daunting construction, requiring a lot of planning and skilled craftsmen.”

Yi Ping had overheard her and he was sighing, “I hope that such a construction is without the loss of any lives.”

Shen Xingyue glanced secretly at Yi Ping and her eyes were shining with resonant at his compassion.

Lingfeng nodded as she looked gently at him, “Nevertheless since this palace has already been completed, we should admire the artisans that put their efforts into making this possible so that future generations would be in awe of their skills.”

Youxue was in no mood to appreciate the grandeur of this hidden place. It was because she knew how worried Yi Ping was and that a dangerous foe awaited them in that beautiful palace.

Not long ago, they had discovered the secrets of the Celestial Palace. They were a group of Dark Celestials that had to resort to feeding on the vital blood of martial exponents in order to nourish themselves.

She had personally witnessed the martial prowess of the Celestial Liege and it was only through pure luck that they were lucky to survive that encounter.

They were all wary of the old man and their surroundings.

Before long, they were already on the steep wooden platform of the cliff and had entered the iron gate of the palace.

The palace was large, much larger than the exact appearances on the outside.

The weird thing was, there was not a single guard or people everywhere in sight!

Yunzi was anxious. The entire atmosphere was too quiet for her liking. The sheer size of this place would require many to maintain it. The courtyards were cleanly swept, the walls were well painted and everything was too orderly. But there was not a single person other than the old man in sight!

Instead of bringing them to a residence hall, the old man seemed to be taking them on a slow tour and they were now in a picturesque garden.

Youxue said coldly, “Old man, where are you taking us? This looks like the perfect place for an ambush isn’t it? You don’t want to dirty your place with our blood so you are taking us to a fitting place for our execution?”

Even Yi Ping was also getting impatient, “Where is the Celestial Liege? Why is that he got my child? Where is…”

Yunzi touched Yi Ping lightly on his shoulder as she said gently, “It could just be a ruse. With the combined martial skills of the Joyful Goddess, Celestial Fairy and the Heavenly Temptress, it is unlikely for anyone to defeat them.”

She lied of course and would like to believe it herself but the Celestial Palace was the sacred ground of some of the most powerful exponents in the martial fraternity. So far they had only met two of them, the Joyful Goddess and the Celestial Liege. Even with just the two of them, they were not easy to handle!

Shen Xingyue said in a low voice, “Be careful. There are others here.”

All of a sudden, the old man stopped short of a bridge that was over a man-made lake and said. “They are here.”

“Good, I have been waiting.”

It was unmistakably the voice of the Celestial Liege!

Yi Ping immediately clenched his fists!

Even before he had approached them, a powerful martial force could be felt and the intense pressure of his martial force was suffocating everyone!

Almost immediately, a handsome middle-age man with long white hair appeared at the other end of the bridge and there was a young petite female attendant behind him.

The young petite female attendant was carrying an infant in her arms!

What was striking about the young petite female attendant was that like the Celestial Liege, her eyes were also crimson and her white was silver!

They were both Dark Celestials!

The baby began to cry aloud as though she could sense her father presence and she wanted to get his attention.

Yi Ping turned pale immediately. It was because he had recognized from her cries that the infant was indeed his baby daughter!

The infant’s mother was Lele the Joyful Goddess and she was born with crimson eyes that were unlike others.

The infant was also very special. There was a strong bond between them and Yi Ping was able to recognize her empathically.

Yi Ping was now trembling.

It was not fear but anger that had caused him to tremble.

Shen Xingyue was unhappy to see the Dark Celestials and her malevolent air surged, instantly displaying her killing intent!

The Celestial Liege spotted her and he froze in his tracks as he looked at her gray eyes, “It seems that we have an uninvited guest. Besides the Sage King and the Jade Emperor, there is another highly attained Celestial in the martial fraternity?”

Shen Xingyue hummed softly, “Why did you invite us here for?”

The Celestial Liege laughed as he looked at Yi Ping, “We have met once again, Yi Ping. The last fight we have is indecisive. I have finally figured out why I am unable to overcome you the last time…”

Yi Ping shouted angrily, “Return my child to me now! And what did you do with Lele and the others?!”

The Celestial Liege said coldly, “Yi Ping, only if you are able defeat me then I will consider returning your baby and tell you their whereabouts. What do you say?”

Just as Yi Ping was about to step forward, Yunzi panicky said to him. “Ping’Er, don’t handle him alone. Let’s us attack as a group. He may not be able to win against so many of us.”

Youxue nodded as she said coldly, “It seems that he hasn’t forgotten about the slap that I have given him the last time!”

The Celestial Liege looked at her with interest and he was smiling, “I have been looking forward to repaying you as well.”

Lingfeng had already displayed a martial defensive posture as she hummed coldly, “The same goes for us as well!”

The Celestial Liege laughed, “You are the Holy Maiden. You know I won’t kill you. Your blood is too valuable for us.”

Lingfeng replied coldly, “But I can’t say the same for your blood which I am going to spill on the ground.”

The Celestial Liege smiled with an arrogant smirk, “You can try but you won’t succeed.”

Shen Xingyue had already stepped forward and was at the bridge, “You are a practitioner of the Celestial Force?”

It was because she had already sensed the absorbing force of the Celestial Force around him!

The Celestial Liege was slightly taken aback.

This maiden could actually stand casually on the bridge without any hint of tumbling and unaffected by his powerful Celestial Force!

He nodded coldly, “Yes, this is the Celestial Force.”

Shen Xingyue said coldly, “Good! The Celestial Force is one of the most epitome divine skills. I would like to know how my Divine Rejuvenate Force will fare against yours!”

However the Celestial Liege ignored her and said, “Yi Ping, do you dare to take me one to one first? You don’t have any choice. If you can defeat me, then I will return your baby to you.”

As to make his point, he began to pat the infant that was in the arms of the female attendant lightly as he said. “She is so adorable. Unfortunate, soon she will lose her life because her father dare not take me one on one.”

Yi Ping raised his martial force with his Absolute Equilibrium Force as he forced himself to walk towards the bridge, resisting the irresistible weakening drain of the Celestial Force. He said to Shen Xingyue, “Xingyue, please step back. This fight is between us.”

Shen Xingyue was melancholy as she stared at the Celestial Liege with bloodshot eyes. “Despicable. If you still have any honor, don’t use the infant as a hostage!”

She had already hinted to Yi Ping that the Celestial Force was an epitome divine skill during the time that she was in the Ascension Sect. But the determination in his eyes was unwavering so she stepped back reluctantly with a heavy heart!

Youxue, Lingfeng and Yunzi were all equally upset and their frustrations were shown in their eyes but they dared not make a single move because the infant was everything to Yi Ping!

The female attendant that was beside the Celestial Liege had also stepped back. The air was filled with the suffocating air of martial force that threatened to knock down the weaker opponents that dare to even approach the Celestial Liege!

Yunzi sighed. It was exactly the same as the last time. It was only their wishful thinking that they could approach such a tidal force and move unrestricted. With a soft sigh, she lifted her martial power to display the Invincible Divine Force as three beaming visible blue spheres surrounded her.

Youxue had also surrounded herself with the Divine Virtuous Force as she looked quietly at the Celestial Liege as she stole a look at Shen Xingyue who had nodded in return. They were not going to idle and simply watched what was going to happen next!

Shen Xingyue and Youxue were both experts in speed attacking techniques and were known for their swiftness movement skill too. At the first opportunity, they were going to grab the infant. Therefore they decided to wait until the Celestial Force that was hindering them could sufficiently be weakened before they made their move.

When Yi Ping had stepped on the bridge, the Celestial Force of the Celestial Liege had already been increased a few folds!

This forced Lingfeng to slide backward as her martial power was insufficient to resist it.

Her Holy Amalgamate Force was a variant of the Celestial Force and was much weaker than the original.

Shen Xingyue looked at Lingfeng curiously. Sometimes she wondered if she was faking her martial skills given that she was the Heaveness.

Meanwhile, the old man that had led them here was already sitting at a nearby pavilion and he had taken out a pipe and he was smoking from his pipe casually!

Shen Xingyue was wary of him. He was no ordinary exponent for sure even if his eyes were not crimson. Celestial divinity may be related to martial progression but that did not necessary mean that a Celestial could not be killed by a mortal. It was the same theory that a highly skilled martial exponent could also be killed by a weaker exponent. Resolve, luck, physical condition and state of divinity played a major part too!

While they were being drained physically by the Celestial Force of the Celestial Liege in an effort to maintain their stand here, that old man was conserving his strength at a distance!

For him to appear so relax was an indication of his state of divinity. How could an old servant not be concerned by his master’s wellbeing and could simply walked off without saying a word?

Moreover back at the Borderland Town when they had first met him, she had only detected him only when he was very near. Given her Celestial Divinity, there was scarcely anyone that could do so anymore!

Therefore that was why she was wary of this old man!

As for the petite maiden that was standing on the other side of the bridge, she was too composed and did not appear to be concerned that they were a threat. That should not be the case because there were five of them here and all of them were a Celestial!

For all her young appearances, she was probably centuries old and was a super exponent as well!

The Celestial Palace had already existed for centuries without any external threats. The number of secret martial skills that had been collected by them far exceeded all the other martial clans!

The Celestial Liege was already waiting for Yi Ping with an opening stance as he said coldly, “The last time that we have fought, it was a contest of internal strength and martial power. I realized much later that you have only won because you could negate the draining effect of my Celestial Force. That was so arrogant of me the last time. But this time, we are going to fight for real.”

Yi Ping replied coldly, “You didn’t turn over a new leaf from the last time that we have met. Evil will not triumph over good.”

The Celestial Liege laughed, “I only saying that because Qing’Er is there.”

He was referring to Lie Qing the Heavenly Temptress.

Yi Ping clenched his fists, “You are a hypocrite!”

While Yi Ping was scolding the Celestial Liege, he had already moved in and attacked him with his Divine Horizon Hands!

The Celestial Liege immediately changed his palm stance into a finger stance as the two super martial exponents clashed furiously!

As they clashed, outbursts after outbursts of furious martial force ripped around them that even the solid bridge was trembling and the waters in the lake had turned into a whirlpool!

The onlookers were all forced to take several steps back as the martial outbursts were lashing too furious at the center!

Yi Ping could feel a burst of fiery windforce negating his Divine Horizon Hands each time he had exchanged a blow with the Celestial Liege. He was astonished that his Divine Horizon Hands that had never failed him would encounter such a powerful martial force that even his hands were now trembling after they had exchanged just thirty blows!

Shen Xingyue was startled as she called out panicky, “Yi Ping, that is the Phenomenon Finger Skill! Be careful!”

She had instantly recognized the finger technique of the Celestial Liege as a lost divine skill of the Celestial Phenomenon Sect!

The Divine Horizon Hands was a powerful martial skill that could increase the martial force of the practitioner several times but it was also an extremely tiring skill. If Yi Ping did not have the martial force of the Absolute Equilibrium Force, then he would have already exhausted himself by now and would have been overcome by the Celestial Liege!

The Celestial Liege was surprised that Yi Ping was able to exchange more than thirty blows against his Phenomenon Finger!

He had deliberately used a finger skill against Yi Ping because he was also wary of the other opponents. Finger Skills were a natural nemesis of palm skills and that allowed him to conserve his martial strength.

Yi Ping had broken into a cold sweat as they exchanged hurried powerful blows. Such was their martial exchanges that the entire bridge was swerving!

All of a sudden, the Celestial Liege sensed a weakening in Yi Ping’s resolve and he increased his martial power. Immediately his Phenomenon Finger went through the defenses of the Divine Horizon Hands and struck Yi Ping on his chest!

The strike of the Celestial Liege martial force was so powerful that the onlookers could see an explosive burst of martial force bursting forth from Yi Ping’s back!

Immediately, Shen Xingyue, Lingfeng, Youxue and Yunzi gasped at the same time!

Just as the Celestial Liege was grinning conceitedly, he did not expect that Yi Ping would actually have the strength to retaliate with his deadly Asper Horizon Hand as he received a heavy impact on his chest at the same time!

The Asper Horizon Hand, a secret martial technique of the Divine Horizon Hands had unique characteristics that marked it differently. Such was its rippling martial power that when it was used, a shrieking implosion would be heard!

Both men were flung to the other side of the bridge, followed by the collapse of the bridge that could no longer bear the dissipating power of their martial force as it rippled throughout the vicinity!

Lingfeng and Yunzi immediately grabbed Yi Ping as he stumbled back.

Yi Ping smiled weakly as he was held by them as he lifted his vital energies with the Divine Revelation Skill. Aided by the Emptiness Translucence, he quickly purged the pure positive intricate energy of the Celestial Force out of his body!

He sighed softly, “Lucky!”

The injuries that he had received were not light but before he could steady himself, Shen Xingyue and Xiao Youxue had already displayed their epitome swiftness movements towards the other side of the bridge!

Not even the fallen bridge could hinder them from jumping over the lake!

Xiao Youxue had already raised her hand in a downward swing as she aimed for the forehead of the Celestial Liege while Shen Xingyue was seen reaching against the petite attendant and trying to snatch the infant from her!

Yi Ping was shouting panicky, “Back! You are not his match!”

But it was already too late.

The Celestial Liege had lifted up his sleeve with his martial force and swept Youxue aside!

At the same time, Shen Xingyue was forced to withdrawn her intricate strokes because she did not want to hurt the infant and the petite attendant was not as weak as she had thought. Shen Xingyue sighed at her failure and she was beside Youxue in an instant as she reached out to help Youxue to her feet!

The Celestial Liege looked at Youxue as he smiled, “Are you alright? You shouldn’t have tried to attack me while I was down. It is a lucky thing that I am able to restraint myself.”

The Asper Horizon Hand did not seem to have seriously hurt him. His Celestial Force was indeed formidable!

Youxue looked at the Celestial Liege coldly as she said with disdain, “Who needs you to restraint yourself?”

All of a sudden, the Celestial Liege coughed out a bout of bad blood. It was because he had overtly exerted himself when Youxue had forced a surprise attack on him. But other than that, it seemed that his injuries were light and he was smiling conceitedly.

On the other hand, Yi Ping had suffered a more serious internal injury but he had forced himself to step forward. “This fight has not ended, am I right?”

The Celestial Liege smiled, “That is right. But in your present state, can you fight?”

Yi Ping was trembling and his eyes had turned bloodshot, “I only want to know this. What have you done to Lele, Lie Qing, Yixian, Mei’Er and to Yu’Er?”

The Celestial Liege hummed coldly, “I will only tell you if you are able to defeat me.”

Shen Xingyue had already lost patience and had already mustered her martial power as she was wrapped herself with the Divine Rejuvenate Force, causing her real self to be distorted as wavering shockwaves of her intricate energy in all directions.

She was really, really upset and had already drawn out the Blue Heavens Divine Sword from her scabbard as she said coldly, “I don’t care for your martial honor. I don’t care for any agreements with the Dark Celestials. Firstly, you shouldn’t have taken Yi Ping’s baby as your hostage. Secondly, you shouldn’t have injured Yi Ping. Today, I am going to take your head!”

Without a word more, she had flown with startling speed towards the Celestial Liege as she raised the Blue Heavens Divine Sword.

Her speed was so astonishing that the blue aura of the beaming Blue Heavens left behind a trace of wavering blue hues behind that were shaped like the wings of the blue phoenix!

But before she could reach the Celestial Liege, the old man that was at the pavilion had traversed next to her with equally astonishing speed as he struck her on her shoulder blade, instantly flinging her onto the ground with a thunderous impact, sending rocks and earth flying in all directions!

Yi Ping was stunned as he quickly rushed to her!

Shen Xingyue was trembling as she looked at Yi Ping with a startled look. It was because she had never expected anyone to be able to interrupt her while she was on her move. Only a Transverse Level Celestial would be able to do so!

Even though she had landed with a tremendous impact, she was not too seriously injured as she had the protection of her Divine Rejuvenate Force but still, she was badly shaken.

She looked at the old man and gasped in disbelief, “Just who are you?!”

The old man looked at her coldly before he replied, “You have come here to look for the Celestial Palace and yet you are asking who I am? I am the Jade Emperor and I am the grandmaster of the Celestial Palace.”

Yi Ping, Yunzi, Lingfeng, Youxue and Shen Xingyue were all stunned!

They had never expected that the Jade Emperor to be here!

Shen Xingyue said coldly, “I have not lost yet. Since you are here, good! I shall exterminate you with my sword!”

The old man hummed coldly at her claims.

Yunzi whispered, “His eyes are not crimson and his hair isn’t completely silver. Yet he claims to be the Jade Emperor. How do we know if it is true?”

Yi Ping was solemn. It was because he had just witnessed the martial skills of this old man. Even if he was not the Jade Emperor, he was not to be taken lightly. And they were now facing two super exponents instead of one!

The old man that had claimed to be the Jade Emperor pointed at Yi Ping, “Since you are here, I will not disappoint you. If you are able to defeat me, I will not only return your child to you but I will also give you the Heavenly Relic. What do you think?”

Yi Ping was trembling as he asked, “Lele, Yixian…where are they? What have you done with them?! You will release them?”

The Jade Emperor said coldly, “Even if I want to, I won’t be able to. I have already feasted on them!”

Yi Ping was stunned as he stumbled backward in a daze!

Ch5 End
    Previous Chapter
    Next Chapter
    Last edited by Avidfan; 03-03-15 at 12:00 PM.

thanks avidfan patiently waiting for next installment.

Thanks again Avidfan!

Can't wait for Chapter 6...

Thank you qin ping and Szfong.

Chapter 6 won't be long =)

Chapter 6: The Jade Emperor

For the first time ever, Yi Ping had lost his fighting spirit and he was trembling. He was weeping and crying out aloud, “Child, you have lost your mother at such a tender age. Soon you will lose your father too…”

He was dazed and despite Lingfeng, Yunzi, Youxue and Xingyue calling out aloud to him, he did not seem to have noticed them.

He had been though several hardships and misadventures together with Lele, Yixian, Lie Qing, Yu’Er and Mei’Er but now he had lost them forever. This was a huge blow to him!

Shen Xingyue sighed sadly but she knew that this was not the time for sorrows. Unless they could overcome their opponents today, none of them would be able to survive today. She raised her Blue Heavens Divine Sword as she stared coldly at the Jade Emperor.

The Jade Emperor said, “It seems that he can no longer fight. What a pity. I will really like to see how profound the Asper Divinity Horizon Hands really is but it seems that I no longer have the opportunity to witness it today.”

Yunzi cried out emotionally, “You can witness the flying sword techniques of the Virtuous Palace instead when your head is rolled on the ground!”

Shen Xingyue, Youxue, Yunzi and Lingfeng had already stepped forward with defiant expressions against both the Jade Emperor and the Celestial Liege!

The Jade Emperor said coldly, “Go on, I am willing to give you an advance of a hundred strokes before I retaliate.”

The Celestial Liege was smiling, “Then I shouldn’t be less generous as well. I am also willing to give an advance of one hundred strokes.”

Shen Xingyue whispered, “Leave the Jade Emperor to me. If possible, try to delay the Celestial Liege as much as possible until I have dealt with the old freak.”

The rest of the maidens simply nodded silently.

It was because Shen Xingyue had noticed that they too, had lost their fighting spirits!

Xiao Youxue eyes were melancholy. She was really close to Yixian the Celestial Fairy who had taught her the Divine Emerald Skill and the advance levels of the Icy Heavenly Tears. Without her instructions, she would never be able to overcome her Divine Calamity. Yixian was not only her protégé mistress but her sister as well!

The same thing went for Yunzi as well who had regarded Lie Qing the Heavenly Temptress in a similar fashion as Youxue.

Lingfeng who was emotional attached to Yi Ping through the Emptiness Translucent was trembling uncontrollably as grief overtook her.

Asking them to delay the Celestial Liege was really not an easy thing to do in their present state!

Just as Shen Xingyue was about to launch an attack on the awaiting Jade Emperor, a familiar feminine voice said unhappily. “Forget about the hundred strokes in advance. This is not funny at all.”

Yi Ping was startled and his heart was pounding very excitedly. It was Lele’s voice!

A beautiful enticing maiden had just walked into the garden. She was Lele the Joyful Goddess! She was breathtaking to beholden and it was as though the atmosphere had suddenly become alive with her entrance!

Yet, right behind her was four other equally beautiful maidens that were equally beautiful to behold; Yixian the Celestial Fairy, Lie Qing the Heavenly Temptress, Yu’Er the Eclipse Heaven Goddess and Mei’Er the Axis Heaven Goddess!

Just as Yi Ping was still recovering from his daze, Mei’Er and Yu’Er had already surrounded him as they called out excitedly to him. “Master! You have finally come!”

Yi Ping was dumbfounded, “Yu’Er, Mei’Er…you are not dead?”

Mei’Er laughed merrily, “Do I look like I am dead to you?”

Yi Ping smiled weakly, “No. What is going on?”

Shen Xingyue, Yunzi, Youxue and Lingfeng were already embracing Lele, Yixian, Mei’Er, Yu’Er and Lei Qing joyfully!

Lele said coolly, “Welcome to the Celestial Palace.”

Yi Ping was startled, “This is the Celestial Palace?”

Everyone had assumed that the Celestial Palace was deep inside the Nirvana Mountains. It was no wonder it was never found by anyone…

Lele said with a mesmerizing smile, “Indeed this is the Celestial Palace! And this is my grandpa, the Jade Emperor himself!”

Yi Ping was startled as he stared blankly at the Celestial Liege and the Jade Emperor. He muttered, “But they tried to kill us and they even threaten me with our baby…”

Lele stroked her long hair as she sighed softly, “This is a long story. To put it briefly, my grandpa wants to know how you feel for me. That is why he wants to set a test for you.”

The Jade Emperor roared with laughter, “I just don’t understand. Why are there so many beautiful maidens that are willing to lay down their lives for you? Now I have finally understood a little.”

Yixian had also walked quietly besides Yi Ping as she looked gently at him, “Yi Ping, are you well? Are you painful?”

When Yi Ping saw her gentle eyes, all his pain vanished immediately!

Lie Qing was also besides him as she said softly, “I didn’t agree to it but the Jade Emperor insists on it. I hope that you are not angry with us.”

Yi Ping shook his head as he smiled weakly, “It doesn’t matter. As long as everyone is fine, I am content!”

The Celestial Liege had extended out his hand towards Yi Ping as he smiled, “You didn’t think that I will really hurt my dear niece, didn’t you? I hope you are not angry with me for beating you up.”

Yi Ping gave a broad grin as he shook the hand of the Celestial Liege firmly, “It is a good fight. I may not lose the next time.”

The Celestial Liege laughed, “We see about that later.”

The petite attendant was also smiling, “I am one of the Prime Celestials of the Celestial Palace and my name is Ye Ling!”

Lele winked at the Jade Emperor, “So grandpa, did he pass your test?”

The Jade Emperor growled, “His martial skills are still too weak. How can I give him the Heavenly Relic? How can my mind be put to rest if I allowed him to take you to the upper realm with his current martial skills?”

Lele said coolly, “I am not worried. We have so many martial skills in the Celestial Palace. Just let him have them, won’t it solve the problem?”

The Jade Emperor said, “The martial treasures of the Celestial Palace aren’t for the eyes of strangers…”

Lele hugged her grandpa, “Thank you, grandpa! Tomorrow I show him some of the epitome skills of the Celestial Palace…”

The Jade Emperor was exasperated, “I didn’t say I am allowing it…”

But before the Jade Emperor could protest further, there was a loud slapping sound as the Celestial Liege was slapped hard by Youxue!

Youxue said with cold demeanor, “I say the next time that I see you, I will surely slap you.”

The Celestial Liege smiled bitterly as he looked at her with interest before he gave a soft sigh.

Ch6 End
    Previous Chapter
    Next Chapter
    Last edited by Avidfan; 03-03-15 at 12:04 PM.

Thanks again for another exciting chapter, a bit short, but welcomed nevertheless... Noticed you've got almost 70K and 1.6K unique page views respectively for A Martial Odyssey 1 & 2! Your 2nd part is becoming drastically more popular in less than a week..

Can't wait to see what happens next...
    Last edited by szfong; 04-27-14 at 12:53 PM.

Thank you very much for the sequel!

I have a question regarding this chapter:

Quote Originally Posted by Avidfan View Post
    Chapter 5: The Celestial Liege!!!

Yi Ping smiled weakly as he was held by them as he lifted his vital energies with the Divine Revelation Skill. Aided by the Emptiness Translucence, he quickly purged the pure negative intricate energy of the Celestial Force out of his body!

Ch5 End
    Wasn't the celestial force of the Celestial Liege a positive martial energy aka extreme pure positive in the original?

Thanks again and looking forward to the new installments/chapters of your series!

Quote Originally Posted by rjei25 View Post
    Thank you very much for the sequel!

I have a question regarding this chapter:

Wasn't the celestial force of the Celestial Liege a positive martial energy aka extreme pure positive in the original?

Thanks again and looking forward to the new installments/chapters of your series!
    Hi Riel!

You are right! Thanks for spotting this spoof! Tyvm =)

The Celestial Liege's Celestial Force Skill is indeed of the pure positive type

Thanks! Missed 2 updates!

edit:
    btw, if you intend to use the different levels of advancement in future posts, you might want to put this in post #1, so that the readers need not search for it:

There were seven celestial divinity; Genesis, Enlighten, Emotion, Transverse, Seventh Sense, Crisis and Ascend in order to transcend to the Heavens. ... Each of the celestial divinity had a lower, intermediate and upper stage.
    Last edited by ycb5959; 04-27-14 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ycb5959 View Post
    Thanks! Missed 2 updates!
    Chapter 6 is a quick review. I need to edit it tonight xD

In case anyone is missing the post in AMO1, a kindle version of the AMO1 is available for free to download now. Thank you for everyone support. It contains some errata.

http://www.amazon.com/Martial-Odysse...dp/B00JX87YEU/

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    Thanks again for another exciting chapter, a bit short, but welcomed nevertheless... Noticed you've got almost 70K and 1.6K unique page views respectively for A Martial Odyssey 1 & 2! Your 2nd part is becoming drastically more popular in less than a week..

Can't wait to see what happens next...
    I notice that for some weird reasons, AMO1 suddenly have a surge of 5k hits, from 66k to 71k...if you notice, within a day span, there is another 1k views @@ More popular than AMO2?

Been trying to log in for some days but although allowed registration, still cannot post. Hope this time is 3rd time lucky. Wanted to say that Lele is the jade emperor's pet and therefore nothing will happen to her.