Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: A Martial Odyssey 2

Thanks Avidfan for another exciting chapter!!

Thanks!!!!

thanks Avidfan

Thumbs up

can't help drooling for the next excitements! big thanks avidfan!

I knew it. Dirty fighting will win every time. No its not fighting dirty but fighting to win. What is the difference - a deadly blow to the head or a deadly blow to the bottom. Lele my favorite.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to post and giving your support! Big thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsaw View Post
    I knew it. Dirty fighting will win every time. No its not fighting dirty but fighting to win. What is the difference - a deadly blow to the head or a deadly blow to the bottom. Lele my favorite.
    Add three lines to explain Lele's move at the bottom of Chapter 11.

The reason why Lele could succeed in her dirty attack was because she had ensured that all her strokes were orthodox moves even during the most dire situations. A typical fighter may be forced to display a few unorthodox moves when there was an opening. But Lele had waited patiently for the right opportunity to strike to her unsuspecting opponent.

Chapter 12: The Stellar Heaven Fairy

Yi Ping kneeled on the ground and was smashing the ground in front of him furiously until his fists had turned bloodied. He was lamenting woefully and his tormenting pain reached the hearts of everyone that was standing behind him!

Lying in front of Yi Ping were Lie Qing and Yixian; their faces were serene but no matter how much Yi Ping had grieved aloud to them, they would not hear him anymore. It was because they were now in a suspended state of animation!

They had grievously overextended their limitations and broke their meridian channels.

Yunzi covered her mouth as silently tears fell as she said tearfully to Yi Ping, “They have sacrificed their lives for us. The Icy Heavenly Tears is able to protect Sister Yixian’s vital channels while Sister Lie Qing has the protection of the Golden Invincible Body. If we can find a miracle herb, one day, we can surely revive them…”

Yi Ping caressed Yixian and Lie Qing with trembling hands as he muttered coarsely, “Xian’Er, Qing’Er, how can you bear to leave me on my own? Xian’Er, didn’t you promise to be with me through weal and woes? Qing’Er, didn’t you say, you would want to be with me till the oceans dried up and the earth crumbled to dust? After we have been through so much together, you leaving me on my own?”

Yi Ping threw the two Heavenly Relics furiously to one side as he laughed aloud, “Why Heavens is so unjust to me? Why did Heavens allow us to acquaint once more but only to separate us once again?! Why is that I can’t turn these two Heaven Relics into the Divine Dragon Pills? Is it because my internal strength isn’t enough?!”

Mei’Er said melancholy, “Master, it was divine occurrence that the Heavenly Relic was able to transmute into the Divine Dragon Pills the last time. But that was entirely a chance occurrence that may never happen again. That is already considered a great miracle the last time…”

Lele’s eyes were bleary red and had kept to herself even though the other sisters tried to comfort her as well. It was because she was closest to Yixian and Lie Qing, both who had shared the same fate as her.

Lele finally muttered and her voice was sorrowful, “If Sister Yixian and Sister Lie Qing did not try to protect me during the divine ascension, they would not possibly sustain such severe internal injuries and allowed that Lian Longba to seize his chance. Among the three of us, my martial skills are the weakest. I didn’t train hard when I have the opportunity. It is my entire fault. I…I don’t deserve any forgiveness!”

Yi Ping banged his fists on the ground in great misery, “Lele, it is not your fault. It is my fault! If only I am stronger. If it isn’t for my weakness, Xingyue won’t sustain her internal injuries and she may be able to contribute to the fight…”

Shen Xingyue said quietly, “Ping’Er, don’t blame yourself please. No one would have known this would happen.”

Lingfeng cried out softly, “It is because the middle formation is the weakest link. If only we are stronger, everyone would not need to put on such a terrible struggle!”

Youxue broke down tearfully, “We are just trying to take on a ride to the Celestial Realm but we aren’t strong enough on our own.”

She looked tearfully at Yixian as she wept uncontrollably, “Long ago, I try to kill you. But you have not only forgiven me but have even taken me in as your protégé as well as a dear sister…”

She turned and looked tearfully at Lie Qing, “Lie Qing, do you still remember how we have met? Do you still remember the fights that we all had with each other?”

She paused for a while before lamenting aloud, “Do you all know how much I wish that I am the one that is lying down now and not you?!”

Yi Ping muttered, “Youxue…”

Yu’Er sobbed, “Enough! Do you think my protégé mistress will be happy if she knows how depress everyone is now? We should be strong, for their sake. If we want to avenge protégé mistress and Sister Lie Qing, we must quickly recuperate from our injuries and take vengeance on the Dominating Aura Clan!”

The Stellar Heaven Fairy said quietly, “Lian Longba isn’t the only strong Exalted Celestial in the Dominating Aura Clan. His protégé master Ximen Nanqing and advisor She Weilun are terrifying opponents as well. If Ximen Nanqing found out that we have killed his direct protégé, no matter where we go he will surely seek vengeance upon us. We should flee as far as possible while we can.”

When she had mentioned Ximen Nanqing, her body began to tremble; she was genuinely afraid of him!

Yi Ping said bitterly, “With their dark deeds, they are obviously Dark Celestials and do not deserve to be Exalted Celestials. As long as they live, more innocents will come to harm.”

The Stellar Heaven Fairy gasped, “Surely you are not thinking of going to the Dominating Aura Clan? Don’t go, you are not their match! None of you are. Or else…”

She was silent but she forced herself to say aloud as she wept, “Or else…I won’t fall victim to them and ruin my state of divinity…”

Yunzi understood her miseries and the shame that the Stellar Heaven Fairy was facing as she embraced her arms quietly.

The Stellar Heaven Fairy wept, “Do you understand my innermost sorrows? My shame will never go away and nothing that I do can ever cleanse my spirits…”

Yunzi said quietly, “I understand. I surely understand. It is because I have gone through the same thing as you. Maybe not as hurtful as what you have felt but nevertheless, it is a stigma that refused to go away. Your heart is pure and you should put the past aside.”

The Stellar Heaven Fairy smiled bitterly, “My heart is not as pure as you thought.”

She took a quick glance at Lele as she wept aloud, “In the past before I had ascended here, I was Melody Star’s protégé mistress. But do you know that her close sisters and she aren’t our only successors? The Celestial Star Formation is a difficult formation for many of the celestial practitioners of the Melody Palace. If they fail to gain control of the Celestial Star Formation, then they would be killed and another group from the Melody Palace will be there to take their place. This will repeat until a group eventually succeeds in gaining control of the Celestial Star Formation and gain mastery of the three divine swords. If you want to know, I am the ninth group myself. I was there when I witnessed their deaths…they were all my older protégé sisters…”

She could not continue anymore. She had completely broken down when she recalled how her protégé sisters had died as they failed to direct the Celestial Star Formation one by one.

This was the tragic secret of the Melody Palace!

Lele said coolly, “This is to ensure that only the best protégés could inherit the three divine swords and eventually ascend to the Ninth Heavens. Most will die anyway even before they could even reach the Crisis Level. Since they have to die anyway, so you don’t have to feel sorry or guilty.”

The Stellar Heaven Fairy glanced at Lele bewilderedly as she trembled lightly as she thought, “She is not Melody Star but why is that her mannerism is the exactly the same as her?”

She knew that she was only trying to comfort her. By now, she had known that Lele was not Melody Star. But she could not help feeling that the way Lele acted was exactly the same as Melody Star!

Yi Ping cried aloud, “Xian’Er, Qing’Er. Wait for me. I will join you…”

All of a sudden, there was a loud slapping sound as Shen Xingyue gave Yi Ping a resounding slap as she said hurtfully, “You are so selfish. There are still so many of us. If you are gone too, do you think we will want to live in miseries alone?”

Yi Ping muttered, “Xingyue…”

Lingfeng lowered her glances as she said quietly, “We may still have the chance to revive Sister Yixian and Lie Qing.”

Yi Ping’s heart skipped a beat as he said hurriedly, “Lingfeng, why didn’t you say so earlier?! Why wait till now?!”

Everyone stared at Lingfeng and were all wondering the same too!

Lingfeng said melancholy, “I have only just thought of this. It may or may not work. The possibility of it succeeding is very slim and it requires great sacrifices.”

Yi Ping panicky said, “Please say it. No matter how slim it is, I am willing to try it!”

Yu’Er and Mei’Er had both cried out at the same time, “We are willing to try! Please tell us!”

Yunzi said quietly, “Lingfeng since you know the means, why don’t you reveal it to us? No matter how slim the chance is, we are not afraid!”

Youxue added anxiously, “That’s right!”

Shen Xingyue said, “My Heaveness, hurry and tell us!”

The Stellar Heaven Fairy was startled. She was unclear if she had heard it right as she thought, “Heaveness?! One of the seven most powerful Celestials in the Celestial Realm?!”

She looked at Lingfeng but no matter how keenly she had observed from her state of divinity, she did not look like an Ancient Celestial, much less an Exalt Celestial!

Lingfeng looked panicky at everyone before she composed herself and said solemnly, “I will need the internal strength of seven willing maidens to open my Heaven Eyes. I can use the absorbing skill of the Holy Amalgamate Skill and through the use of the Seven Stars Formation to accomplish that. But that is just a chance.”

Everyone was stunned and looked at each other.

Shen Xingyue was the most distrustful as she said quietly, “Surely you are not thinking of stealing our internal strength so that you can overcome your own state of divinity?”

Youxue was trembling, “Good sister, if you think that may help then I will be willing to sacrifice my internal strength.”

Mei’Er cried out, “I am willing no matter the price. My protégé mistress is also my benevolent mistress…”

Yu’Er cried out too, “I am willing too!”

Yunzi did not say anything but looked quietly at Yi Ping…

Yi Ping was silent. If they gave up part of their internal strength, their state of divinity may suffer and even their next Divine Calamity would be difficult to overcome!

So he said, “I don’t see how it is going to help. No matter how much internal strength a person has, it can’t be used to revive anyone. Lingfeng, what good is your Heaven Eyes?”

Lingfeng replied softly and her alluring eyes were full of affections, “I can’t save them at all…”

Even though Yi Ping was expecting it but he was nevertheless disappointed with the reply as he murmured, “That’s alright. You are only trying to give us a hope…”

Lingfeng said solemnly, “But I am not joking. I am not the one that is able to revive them. It is you, Yi Ping.”

Yi Ping was startled as he looked at her, “I can?”

Everyone was equally startled as they looked at Yi Ping.

Yu’Er asked Lingfeng, “What does opening your Heaven Eyes have to do with master? He is not the one that we are transferring our internal strength to.”

Lingfeng looked up silently into Yi Ping’s eyes as she said, “I have previously used my Great Emptiness Translucence to transfer the essence of the Divine Dragon Pill that I have consumed to you. Yi Ping, you have taken two Divine Dragon Pills. If you are willing to give up the essences of the Divine Dragon Pills inside you, then Yixian and Lie Qing may have a hope of reviving.”

Yi Ping said excitedly, “Lingfeng, do you mean that if we can open your Heaven Eyes then through me, you are able use the same skill that you have used on me to revive them?”

Lingfeng nodded, “It is a gambit but is worth a try.”

Lele protested immediately, “I refuse to allow it! Do you know what this will mean? Yi Ping may die!”

Xingyue looked away tearfully, “Or become an idiot even if he does not die…”

Yu’Er covered her face with both hands as she sobbed, “Master…”

Yunzi said quietly, “What if it didn’t work? Then all of us will lose our precious internal strength for nothing. I don’t mind losing some of my internal strength but if Yi Ping loses the essences of the Divine Dragon Pills, his cultivation will surely suffer a tremendous decline. Either way, Yi Ping is putting himself at risk.”

Youxue said melancholy, “Yi Ping, you may die if you give up the essences of the Divine Dragon Pills that you have consumed. Do you know?”

Yi Ping was silence for a moment before he said, “I am willing no matter what.”

All of a sudden, Yi Ping became quiet. It was because the truth had finally dawned upon him.

He looked at Youxue, Yunzi, Xingyue, Lele, Yu’Er and Mei’Er before sighing, “But there are only the six of you here. We still need one more maiden to help Lingfeng opened her Heaven Eyes…”

In the end, they could do nothing about it.

Everyone looked downcast.

The Stellar Heaven Fairy was greatly moved by Yi Ping love for Yixian and Lie Qing that she had stepped forward quietly as she said, “If you still need one more helper, I am willing to help.”

Everyone was startled!

Yi Ping stammered, “You are really willing to help?”

The Stellar Heaven Fairy nodded, “I am willing.”

Yi Ping could not believe his ears as he asked again, “You are willing to sacrifice your precious…internal strength?”

The Stellar Heaven Fairy smiled gently, “I am willing but the other six maidens have to be willing as well, am I right? Some may not be too willing.”

Lele was startled that the Stellar Heaven Fairy was willing to sacrifice her internal strength for Lie Qing and Yixian as she muttered, “You don’t have to do so for a gamble. This doesn’t concern you.”

The Stellar Heaven Fairy smiled gently, “I am willing. It is not because you resemble my former protégé disciples. But rather, I am touched by everyone’s willingness to sacrifice for one another. This…”

She was suddenly melancholy as her eyes became watery, “This selfless love is supposed to be the law of practice for the protégés of the Melody Palace. It is what it means to be a Celestial. It is exactly why we aspire to be a Celestial in the first place. But this is something that it is difficult to achieve in the Celestial Realm. I have long been disillusioned with living here. I want to do something good to feel human again. I wish I have never ascended to the Celestial Realm…”

Lingfeng lowered her glances and her heart was throbbing with heartfelt memories. She understood her feelings perfectly. That was the reason why she had forsaken her celestial practice to be a human…

Youxue looked at the Stellar Heaven Fairy, “You are really serious?”

The Stellar Heaven Fairy smiled gently as she nodded.

Yunzi and Shen Xingyue smiled at her, admiring her courage and self-sacrifice.

Shen Xingyue knew that if the Stellar Heaven Fairy did not have this self-sacrificing spirit, she could never have ascended in the first place. In the past, she must be a highly attained Exalted Celestial…

Yu’Er and Mei’Er were embracing the Stellar Heaven Fairy happily as they introduced themselves, “I am Yu’Er, she is Mei’Er. What is your name? Your real name?”

All of a sudden, Yi Ping realized that he had not asked for her namesake and yet she was doing them a great favor. He was immediately ashamed of himself as he stammered out, “I offer you my profuse thanks on behalf of everyone! May I know maiden name so that I can remember your good deed in my heart?”

The Stellar Heaven Fairy replied, “Shishi. That’s my name. Shi as in poetry.”

Yi Ping said, “Maiden Shishi, thank you…”

The Stellar Heaven Fairy smiled, “You can thank me afterward. It is still too early for that. You are Yi Ping?”

Yi Ping answered, “Yes indeed that is my name…”

Lingfeng interrupted coldly, “If I don’t keep a watchful eye on you, you will be off chasing skirts!”

Even though Lingfeng was just teasing Yi Ping, Lele, Xingyue and Youxue all gave Yi Ping a cold stare.

Yi Ping panicky said, “Lingfeng, look at what you have done!”

Lingfeng said, “What did I do? I am only stating the obvious. If that is not your intentions, you shouldn’t really worry.”

Yi Ping sighed to himself, “I know that Lingfeng is trying to lighten the atmosphere up. She meant well…”

He quickly composed himself as he asked solemnly, “Xingyue, Lele, Yu’Er, Mei’Er, Youxue, Yunzi…are you willing to…”
    But before he could finish, the seven maidens had all grouped around Lingfeng as they said at the same time. “Tell us what to do!”

Lingfeng cautioned solemnly, “The seven of you will form the Seven Star Formation and act as a funnel to transfer your internal strength through me while I use the Holy Amalgamate Skill to gather your internal strengths with mine to force open my Heaven Eyes.”

Lele said, “The Holy Amalgamate Skill is a variation of the Celestial Force Skill. I can give you the intricate formula to offset the risks.”

Lingfeng smiled with gentle appreciation, “No need. I am just using the Holy Amalgamate Skill in tantamount with the Great Emptiness Translucence. There is no risk in that. However, whether my Heaven Eyes can be forced open, it is hard to say …”

The Stellar Heaven Fairy still had a doubt, “I have heard of this Heaven Eyes before. You are really the Heaveness?”

Lingfeng nodded lightly.

The Stellar Heaven Fairy was startled as she staggered back as she muttered, “That’s impossible…”

Lingfeng said quietly, “I explain later.”

Yi Ping asked, “Lingfeng, is there anything I can do?”

She turned and looked at Yi Ping, “Yi Ping, meditate first and try to recuperate as much as you can. I…never mind…”

Yi Ping asked curiously, “Lingfeng, yes?”

Lingfeng sighed softly, “Don’t you turn into an idiot or die. If you dare to die, I will follow you. Do you understand? If you become an idiot, I will care for you forever.”

Ch12 End
    Previous Chapter
    Next Chapter
    Last edited by Avidfan; 12-21-14 at 01:19 PM.

Thanks for the update, Avidfan! Much appreciated!

Thanks!!!!

Great update. We need more information n interaction within the celestial zone. Thanks.

Thanks avidfan

Chapter 13: The Heaven Eyes

Seven maidens stood in a seven pre-determined positions as they aligned themselves according to the constellation of the seven stars.

The order of the alignment was in this following order; Lele, Yunzi, Youxue, Mei’Er, Yu’Er, Xingyue and the last was the Stellar Heaven Fairy.

Lingfeng nodded at them but at the same time, she stole a glance at Yi Ping who was meditating anxiously next to Yixian and Lie Qing who were slumbering serenely.

She quickly composed herself as she looked intently at the seven waiting maidens.

Lingfeng was secretly anxious. It was because she was not sure if it would works but she had proposed it as a last desperate measure. She did not want to see Yi Ping and the others fell into despair. But if she failed, they would lose their internal strength for nothing and even Yi Ping would lose his life!

She sighed quietly to herself, “But if I do not propose this, you will be unhappy for the rest of your life. How can I not know when I can read your innermost thoughts through my Great Emptiness Translucence? Let fate determines our destiny for us then…”

“Lingfeng, are you alright?” Yu’Er asked.

She recollected her thoughts as she smiled, “I am alright. I am just thinking about something.”

Yi Ping stood up as he was not able to focus on his mediation, “Lingfeng, you must be careful. Everyone, I am grateful to all of you…”

Mei’Er nodded melancholy, “Master, we will be alright. You must take care…”

Yi Ping smiled at Meijian, “Don’t worry, alright?”

Mei’Er nodded weakly and she was trembling.

Shen Xingyue, Youxue, Yunzi, Yu’Er and Lele were all looking at Yi Ping with longing glances too. It was because they feared that after today, they may lose him! Compared to his sacrifice, their sacrifices were insignificant!

Lingfeng sighed softly everyone as she forced herself to interrupt their sacred moments, “After I have displayed the Holy Amalgamate Skill, everyone must strike me with your internal strength on my right hand gesture and my heart accupoint. There must be no hesitation and everyone must strike as fast as possible so that I can synergy your internal strengths as one. Afterward I will gather your internal strengths to force open my Heaven Eyes. Now, does anyone have any further questions?”

All of a sudden, Yi Ping asked. “Lingfeng, what if your Heaven Eyes cannot be forced opened?”

Lingfeng smiled at him, “We leave it to fate, alright? Let proceed with it now.”

The Stellar Heaven Fairy said quietly, “She will die if she fails to open her Heaven Eyes. She doesn’t want to tell anyone because she did not want anyone to worry.”

Yi Ping was startled, “Lingfeng! Why didn’t you tell us?!”

Even Xiao Youxue, Yunzi, Shen Xingyue, Lele, Yu’Er and Mei’Er were stunned.

Lingfeng took a quick look at the Stellar Heaven Fairy before she smiled faintly at Yi Ping, “Yi Ping, be quiet alright? The risk is small, really.”

Yi Ping was trembling as he clenched his fists, “Lingfeng, I know you are lying. You have exactly the same expression as the Heaveness when you are lying. I can never forget that expression that you have when you lied to the White Sage on that fateful day when you decided to leave. That memory is so fresh in my mind till today…”

Lingfeng smiled gently at him, “You are thinking too much.”

She quickly said to the seven maidens as she mustered the martial force of the Holy Amalgamate Skill around her, “Quickly! I can’t maintain this for long!”

Lele hesitated for a while as she stole a look at everyone before she sighed softly, “Forgive me…”

She imbued her fingers with her martial power as she moved forward and struck Lingfeng’s right hand gesture and her heart accupoint with a forceful impact!

Blood dripped from the tip of Lingfeng’s lip as she trembled lightly when she received and absorbed Lele’s internal strength through her right palm!

At the same time, Lele had turned pale immediately as her internal strength was drained away from her. But she recovered quickly as she called out in alarm, “Yunzi! Hurry! Her vital energies are starting to reverse! She doesn’t have enough internal strength!”

Yunzi quickly imbued her fingers with her martial power, striking Lingfeng in the same position as Lele!

Lingfeng continued to tremble and she was looking extremely pale!

Yi Ping shouted, “Lingfeng, are you alright?! Stop it please…surely we can think of another way?”

This time, he was really fearful for Lingfeng!

But Yunzi interrupted, “Youxue, Mei’Er, Yu’Er, quickly!”

Youxue, Mei’Er, Yu’Er, Xingyue and the Stellar Heaven Fairy ignored Yi Ping’s pleads as they danced forward and struck Lingfeng’s one after another!

Finally, the seven maidens grouped around Lingfeng as they struck Lingfeng’s on seven of her major vital channels with their fingers as they transferred their vital internal strengths to her!

By now, Lingfeng was extremely pale as she tried very hard to remember the intricate formula of the Heaven Eyes as she tried to unblock her Heaven Eyes’ crucial vital channels. It was a skill that she was extremely proficiency in the past but now, she lacked the state of divinity to use it. Knowing the skill did not make it easier for her. The Heaven Eyes was a celestial skill that took her a long time to perfect to its current state of divinity when she was the Heaveness. But as a mortal, that state of divinity was beyond her present celestial cultivation!

It must be noted that she was only borrowing the internal strengths of the other seven maidens in an attempt to clear the crucial vital channels that the Heaven Eyes were utilizing. The Holy Amalgamate Skill like other absorbing skills did not have the ability to absorb the internal strength of others as their own permanently. Rather, it was used to replenish their own internal strength and to clear crucial vital channels. That was what Lingfeng was doing now.

All of a sudden there was an evil laughter from their surroundings and from behind the shady trees, a handsome man in a scholarly robe walked calmly into their view! He had a pair of golden eyes and there was no doubt about it; he was an Exalted Celestial!

All eight maidens began to tremble and turned pale immediately! It was because they were in a crucial maneuver and could not move or else they would have experienced phenomenon deviation immediately!

The handsome scholar laughed lecherously, “What do we have here? There are so many heavenly maidens in this place? I am really lucky. Shishi, why didn’t you introduce your friends to me?”

The Stellar Heaven Fairy coughed out weakly, “He is She Weilun and he is a rotten bad egg!”

She Weilun laughed, ““No wonder Lian Longba did not return. Shishi, you dare to betray the Dominating Aura Clan. Do you know the consequences that befall traitors? It is not too late to yield to me. But I am wondering what did you do with Lian Longba? The likes of you wouldn’t have possible defeated him?”

The Stellar Heaven Fairy hummed coldly.

Yi Ping immediately recalled that this She Weilun was an advisor to Ximen Nanqing and he was one of the two men that the Stellar Heaven Fairy had cautioned him about!

Yi Ping had raised both his divine swords as he staggered forward, “Leave or else I won’t be polite!”

She Weilun eyed Yi Ping and everyone with a calculated look as he smiled. It was because he had already noticed that they were all inferior Celestials and none of them were in his league. The difference between an Exalted Celestial and a Lower Celestial was vast. Unless an Exalted Celestial was careless, most Lower Celestials simply did not have any chance against an Exalted Celestial!

So he laughed as he looked greedily at Yi Ping’s divine swords, “What can you do with me? Surrender your divine swords to me and I may consider sparing your pathetic life.”

Yi Ping shouted angrily, “You despicable man! I don’t know how a despicable man like you manages to become a Celestial in the first place!”

She Weilun had already noticed that the eight maidens seemed to be immobilized and they were attempting a dangerous internal martial arts maneuver. If they were distracted, then it may be fatal to them and they may be afflicted by phenomenon deviation!

Lele almost cried out as she gasped softly, “Ping’Er, don’t be rush. I…we…will be ready soon…”

Shen Xingyue coughed out blood immediately as she lost her concentration, “Ping’Er…”

Yunzi and Youxue had immediately coughed out blood; it was because they knew that Yi Ping would surely attack She Weilun in order to protect them!

And before the rest of the maidens could stop him, Yi Ping had already leapt towards She Weilun with a startling speed with his two divine swords as he displayed his Horizon Swordplay, sending two flurrying sword arcs at his opponent!

Yi Ping thought, “Lingfeng, Yixian, Qing’Er, Yu’Er, Mei”Er…all of you. I will protect you with my life…”

She Weilun grinned.

Immediately he sped forward and raised his hand forward at the same time as he evaded Yi Ping’s rippling sword arcs. In a blink of an eye, he had struck Yi Ping on his chest with a tremendous implosion!

Yi Ping was flung off with startling speed towards a large tree with another thunderous impact!

Yi Ping coughed out blood as he rolled on the ground!

He was trembling nonstop! It was obvious that he was trying to stand up but his body refused to heed his will even though he had exercised his Absolute Spirits intricacy! He was not afraid of pain and was renowned for his endurance but this time he was completely at the mercy of his physical limitations!

Yi Ping clenched his teeth as he continued to struggle to stand as he thought, “Oh Heavens, is it because my internal injuries are too severe that I am unable to stand or is my enemy is too strong that my body trembles in fear?”

All eight maidens immediately cried out, “Yi Ping!”

The eight maidens were startled and were fearful. The swordplay that was displayed by Yi Ping was not weak. In fact, it was an intrigue swordplay that was not only swift and deadly. Even a super exponent could not possible evade and counter-attack at the same time against Yi Ping’s swordplay but his opponent’s reflexes was simply too startling!

With one stance and barely a blink of an eye, She Weilun had defeated Yi Ping!

She Weilun hummed coldly, “Even with two divine swords, you won’t stand a chance against me. I just don’t understand how an inferior Celestial like you will have such prized divine swords?”

Just as he was full of boasts for himself, he was startled to see that Yi Ping had stood up again. Instead of a broken opponent, he could sense that his opponent’s fighting spirit seemed to have increased!

He murmured, “That is impossible. I have used seven folds of my Golden Thunder Hand. An Inferior Celestial will not possible still have the strength to stand. Don’t tell me, he could draw upon the strength of the divine swords?”

All of a sudden, She Weilun had sensed a killing malevolent air from Lingfeng.

She had stepped forward while the other seven maidens had immediately sat in a meditating position to recuperate their internal injuries!

Lingfeng said quietly, “Yi Ping, step aside. I…can handle him myself.”

Yi Ping coughed weakly, “Lingfeng, you have succeeded in opening your Heaven Eyes?”

Lingfeng nodded gently and all of a sudden, there was a bright halo that appeared briefly behind her before disappearing in another second!

She Weilun was startled that her eyes had turned into rings of brilliant gold!

He was startled as he thought, “She is an Exalted Celestial too?”

Lingfeng said coldly, “You better flee while you have the chance or else I won’t be polite.”

She Weilun was not someone who could be cowed by anyone, especially with preys that were almost in his hands.

So he laughed, “So what are you going to do with me if I refuse to leave?”

Lingfeng said coldly, “Then you have to die.”

She Weilun laughed aloud, “I don’t mind getting killed by a beauty like you.”

All of a sudden, there was a rainbow halo that flashed briefly behind her and Lingfeng’s eyes had turned green on right and golden on the left. There was a seeping invigorating force that was enveloping her!

She Weilun was stunned by the colors of her eyes as he took a step back, “This…this is impossible...she is an Ancient Celestial?! And the martial force that is around her is the Divine Invigorate Force?”

Little was known about the reclusive Ancient Celestials. They had rarely intervened in the celestial affairs of the Exalted Celestials. But one thing was sure; the earliest records of the Exalted Celestials indicated that the Ancient Celestials were here long before the first Exalted Celestials!

She Weilun was secretly thinking, “I may not lose to her. It is obviously that she is injured. If I can drain her essence, then won’t I be even more powerful than Ximen Nanqing? I can be the new leader of the Dominating Aura Clan instead.”

But just when he thought that he may have the chance to overpower her, the seeping invigorating force that was forming like vapors around her had aligned into a blue shape of a giant eye that seemed to be staring creepily at him!

He was startled for he had never seen anything like this before.

So he smiled charmingly and quickly thought of a ruse as he said, “Why don’t we talk things over first? I can see that you are an Ancient Celestial. I am the Romantic Rustic Wanderer. May I know your celestial name? There must be a small misunderstanding…”

The Stellar Heaven Fairy opened her eyes and interrupted bitterly, “He is trying to charm you with honeycomb words. Don’t fall for his tricks. His victims are many and his methods are dirty.”

She Weilun laughed heartily, “I am the good guy and yet I am being accused as the bad guy. This is indeed laudable. The Stellar Heaven Fairy must be in a good humorous mood today. You are nothing but a *****. The numbers of celestials that have been lured by you to their ends are so numerous that at the mere mention of your name, the entire Celestial Realm knows of your deeds immediately. Do you dare to deny it?”

The Stellar Heaven Fairy wanted to say something but the rage emotion had attacked her heart. She coughed out a bout of blood and fainted on the ground!

Yunzi called out panicky as she abandoned her mediation pose and quickly hit several of her accupoints, “Shishi!”

This was followed by Yu’Er, Mei’Er and Youxue who did the same as well!

Lele was slower as she was still in the midst of a crucial mediation breakthrough. She quickly got up and said with urgency, “Oh no! We must save her immediately! She is afflicted by phenomenon deviation!”

Shen Xingyue had broken out in cold sweat when she had overheard their conversations but Lele had quickly turned to her to say, “I am here to help the Stellar Heaven Fairy. Sister Xingyue, stay focus and don’t get distract.”

She quickly said to the others, “Yunzi, Youxue, Yu’Er, Mei’Er, keep a watchful eye for me as my guardians. I cannot be disturbed.” Almost immediately, Lele had sat behind the Stellar Heaven Fairy and struck on her vital channels with her Celestial Force!

Yunzi, Youxue, Mei’Er and Yu’Er quickly nodded as they stood in front of Lele and the Stellar Heaven Fairy as they eyed She Weilun with burning hatred!

She Weilun smiled, “What is this? I am only stating the truth!”

Yi Ping said, “You are despicable…”

All of a sudden, Yi Ping turned ashen as he staggered backward as he stared at a dark figure behind She Weilun and even Lingfeng was trembling!

She Weilun had noticed Yi Ping and Lingfeng’s expressions as he asked, “What’s wrong? Why don’t you continue? I am tolerant of criticism usually. After all, I am a good guy…”

Lingfeng said quietly, “Look behind you. There is someone behind you right now.”

She Weilun laughed aloud, “Do you think I will be a fool to fall for one of the oldest tricks in the books? But let me tell you, even if I turn my head back, there is no chance for you to ambush me.”

“She meant well and you better believe her.” An old croaking voice that was behind him was heard saying.
    She Weilun had immediately turned pale!

It was because for someone to walk so silently behind him without his knowing, he must be a frightening opponent!

He quickly turned away and was prepared for evasive action when he was struck on his chest by a powerful palm strike! That immediately sent him flying through the air and crashing into a tree with a tremendous impact!

Immediately, She Weilun coughed out blood when that palm strike broke the invulnerability of his Golden Thunder Martial Force!
    He looked up and saw a fat old man with long white beard saying coldly to him, “Now scam!”

Even though the eyes of this fat old man were normal but there was no doubt that he was an Ancient Celestial with a profound state of divinity. Only Ancient Celestials could disguise their true state of divinity and moreover, could break his Golden Thunder Martial Force with such ease!

She Weilun sighed at his bad luck. He got up and bowed respectfully, “Before I go, can senior honor me with your name?”

The fat old man growled, “You don’t deserve to know my name. Now go!”

Lingfeng quickly gasped out, “Don’t let him go!”

But She Weilun had already vanished out of sight!

The fat old man said, “If I don’t let him go, do you want me to kill him? That is too detrimental to my cultivation. You should know this…”

Lingfeng said unhappily, “You should at the very least break his vital channels…”

The fat old man was startled as he quickly asked, “My Heaveness. How is it any different from killing him?”

All the other maidens with the exception of Lele and the Stellar Heaven Fairy were astonished that Lingfeng knew this old man and was talking to him as though they were old friends. Even though they were arguing but there were no animosity between them.

But they were also relieved at the same time. It was because at first when they had first caught sight of him, they were wary of him and were secretly afraid that another super exponent had appeared.

Lele was focusing on treating the Stellar Heaven Fairy and was not aware of her surroundings…

Lingfeng said coldly to the fat old man, “What takes you so long to arrive?”

The fat old man replied awkwardly, “Aren’t I just in a nick of time? The Celestial Realm is vast and you have come back without informing me. If it isn’t for my skills at divination, I wouldn’t have even known that you are back. You should thank me instead for coming to your aid. But why are you so weak now?”

The fat old man took a look at the other maidens and were grinning, “You have brought so many friends from the lower realm? How can it be even possible? Don’t tell me you have discovered the secret that is left behind in the lower realm by the Dark Lord of the Chaotic Cosmos and…”

All of a sudden, he froze as he caught sight of Yi Ping and looked intently at him. “He looks like our protégé disciple but somehow, he isn’t now?”

Yi Ping smiled weakly as he stepped forward, “I am Yi Ping! It is a long story. I can explain later. My respects to the Universal Old Man!”

By now, Shen Xingyue was done with her mediation techniques and when she heard that this fat old man was the Universal Old Man himself, she simply could not believe her ears! It was because the Universal Old Man and the Heaveness were legendary Celestials and their states of divinities were impossible to guess.

She looked at Lingfeng and secretly thought, “Lingfeng, what else have you been hiding from us?”

Lingfeng said to the Universal Old Man, “Right now, all these are not important. Hurry and give me the Negative Core Divine Pill.”

The Universal Old Man was startled, “My Heaveness, what do you want it for? Do you know how precious this divine pill is? It is the only one of its kind in the Celestial Realm. Have you forgotten how we have risked our lives to take it out of the Stellar Sanctuary? Whether we can survive the Heavenly Wrath the next time, will have to depend on this divine pill…”

Lingfeng said coolly, “So you are not willing to surrender this divine pill to me?”

Yi Ping said weakly, “Lingfeng, we shouldn’t force and impose our wills on others. Let it be…”

The Universal Old Man turned to Yi Ping and said, “I am talking to the Heaveness. Just because you resemble our protégé disciple, you think you can interrupt us anyhow you like?”

Even though the Universal Old Man was speaking slowly but Yi Ping was seized by an invisible chains of fear that caused him to take three unconscious steps backward. The air around them had turned eerie cold!

Yunzi, Mei’Er, Yu’Er, Shen Xingyue and Xiao Youxue wanted to step forward and to interrupt the invisible icy air but found themselves unable to muster their internal strength in their weakened state.

Lingfeng snapped her fingers and broke the invisible icy chains that were strangling everyone as she said coolly, “He is my husband and I am his wife. So you should call him your protégé master or have you forgotten that I am your protégé mistress?”

The Universal Old Man was stunned, “What? He is your husband? That is impossible. Have you forgotten who you are? And when did I become your protégé disciple?”

Lingfeng laughed softly, “It is because our protégé disciple still lives and he is right in front of you now. Therefore I am still your protégé mistress. Have you forgotten about our gambit? You are to address me as your protégé mistress while our protégé disciple still lives.”

The Universal Old Man was bewildered and he was stammering, “I…the Heaveness is always so mysterious and profound. You better explain to me then…”

Lingfeng said, “Not now. I will need the Negative Core Divine Pill now.”

The Universal Old Man asked solemnly, “You still have not explained to me why you need it for?”

Lingfeng looked at Yi Ping as she winked alluringly at him, “I need it to stop someone from turning into an idiot later.”

The Universal Old Man looked at Yi Ping and knew who she was referring to but he asked, “Who’s that idiot? It will be interesting to know.”

Yi Ping smiled bitterly, refusing to say anything or else it would be as good as admitting that he was that idiot.

Yunzi broke into a smile as she said, “Thank you old senior!”

The Universal Old Man asked, “Why do you thank me for?”

Youxue smiled, “Because you are going to save an idiot and we are grateful!”

All of a sudden, Lele interrupted exasperatedly. “Can anyone of you come and help me if you are all so free now?”

Lingfeng immediately turned around and flew to the Stellar Heaven Fairy, hitting several of her pressure points in a blink of an eye as she remembered that the Stellar Heaven Fairy was in a critical condition!

The Universal Old Man was not slow either. He was beside the Stellar Heaven Fairy in an instant as he patted her back gently with his martial force!

Ch13 End
    Previous Chapter
    Next Chapter
    Last edited by Avidfan; 11-13-14 at 01:53 PM.

Thanks Avidfan for another exciting chapter!

Thanks!!!!

Dear Avid Fan. This is updating at a galloping pace. Thank you.

Thanks Avidfan

My very first post and have read all your translations work (flower guarding bell, Odyssey 1).
    Your works are great and thank you !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by boyzzzharry View Post
    My very first post and have read all your translations work (flower guarding bell, Odyssey 1).
    Your works are great and thank you !!!!
    Thank you very much for posting! Very much appreciated!

Darn, I thought it was chap 14 when i saw your new post earlier today...

Big thanks, avidfan