Page 1 of 65 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: A Martial Odyssey 2

Talking A Martial Odyssey 2: The Celestial Realm (Complete)

A Martial Odyssey 2 continues from Chapter 70 of A Martial Odyssey 1. It can be read separately or as a continuation.

Cheers and happy reading!

A Martial Odyssey 2

A year after the battle at the Holy Amalgamate Mountains, Yi Ping had finally known of his true destiny. Forced by destiny to transmigrate to the Celestial Realm or forced to face the Divine Wrath, Yi Ping has to find more fragments of the Heavenly Relics.

Together with the Heaveness, they have to transmigrate to the Celestial Realm to aid an old friend of theirs, the Universal Old Man and the other Celestials.

But what awaits them in the Celestial Realm isn't what they are expecting!

Synopsis
    "It is said that when a martial exponent reached the highest state of divinity of their arts, they be able to transcend into Celestials, overcoming the limitation of life and death. And as Celestials, they have to overcome seven celestial divinity, Genesis, Enlighten, Emotion, Transverse, Seventh Sense, Crisis and Ascend in order to transcend to the Heavens."

It is said that the Stellar Sanctuary is created by the first person that has ever ascended as an immortal being and the Astronomic Stellar Formation is the only place that is possible to transmigrate to the Gods’ Realm.

And the final key to unraveling the Stellar Sanctuary may be the Universal Force which does not exist in the Celestial Realm.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/537/ee1R4N.jpg')

Chapters
    Chapter 1: The Three Celestial Maidens
    Chapter 2: The Fiery Phoenix
    Chapter 3: The Ancient Celestials
    Chapter 4: The Celestial Divinity
    Chapter 5: The Celestial Liege Again!
    Chapter 6: The Jade Emperor
    Chapter 7: The Prime Celestials
    Chapter 8: The Ultimate Celestial Star Formation!
    Chapter 9: The Cosmos Stellar Formation
    Chapter 10: The Celestial Realm

Chapter 11: The Awakening of the Heavenly Earth Sword
    Chapter 12:The Stellar Heaven Fairy
    Chapter 13: The Heaven Eyes
    Chapter 14: Epitome Divine Skills of the Celestial Fairy and Heavenly Temptress
    Chapter 15: The Universal Old Man
    Chapter 16: The Dominating Aura Clan
    Chapter 17: The Ascension Goddess
    Chapter 18: The Despairing Heavenly and the Perpetual Darkness Divine Sword
    Chapter 19: The New Domain Lord
    Chapter 20: The Forget Affections Wine

Chapter 21: The Divine Virtuous Force vs. the Dominating Force
    Chapter 22: The Secrets of the Heaveness
    Chapter 23: The Celestial Star Chart
    Chapter 24: The Tranquil City
    Chapter 25: The Immortal Sword Sages
    Chapter 26: The Immortal Saint of Swords
    Chapter 27: The Infinity Swordplay vs. the Virtuous Swordplay!
    Chapter 28: The Eternal Heavenly Tears
    Chapter 29: The Inverting Eternal Occurrence
    Chapter 30: The Immortal Saint of Swords

Chapter 31: The Celestial Alice Divine Sword
    Chapter 32: Celestial Antonym Alice, Celestial Synonym Alice
    Chapter 33: Destinies Reunited
    Chapter 34: The Astronomic Stellar Formation
    Chapter 35: The Dark Lord of the Chaos Cosmos?
    Chapter 36: The Four Aggregates Sword Formation
    Chapter 37: The Epicenter of the Astronomic Stellar Formation
    Chapter 38: The Three Known Realms
    Chapter 39: The Heavenly Wraths
    Chapter 40: The Unmoving Mountains

Chapter 41: The Golden Ascension Hall
    Chapter 42: The Astronomic Eulogy Divine Sword
    Chapter 43: The Goddess Celestial Alice
    Chapter 44: The Lord Supreme
    Chapter 45: The Holy Ascension Sect
    Chapter 46: Secrets of the Eclipse and Axis Heaven Goddess
    Chapter 47: The Pangu Clan
    Chapter 48: The Eternal City at Beyond
    Chapter 49: The Stellar Sanctuary
    Chapter 50: The New Leader of the Infinity Sword Celestial Clan!

Chapter 51: The Celestial Aiel Sect and the Martial Deviant Clan
    Chapter 52: The Celestial Mistress
    Chapter 53: Goddess Aiel the Heavenly Tears of the Melody Palace
    Chapter 54: The Celeste Wind Maiden
    Chapter 55: The Exalt Heaven Fairy
    Chapter 56: The Martial Grandmaster
    Chapter 57: The Divine Constellation Sword
    Chapter 58: The Celestial Fairy vs. the Goddess Isa
    Chapter 59: The Icy Dragon Maiden
    Chapter 60: The Green Dragon Sacred Sword

Chapter 61: The Two Ascendant Custodians
    Chapter 62: Priestesses of the Goddess Theocracy
    Chapter 63: The Goddess Theocracy
    Chapter 64: The Divine Lot
    Chapter 65: The Eternal Goddess
    Chapter 66: The Crimson Gate of the Stellar Sanctuary
    Chapter 67: Inside the Stellar Sanctuary
    Chapter 68: The Ultimate Heavens Encompassing Stroke!
    Chapter 69: The Great Arcanum
    Chapter 70: The Trials of the Stellar Sanctuary

Chapter 71: The Peacock Heresy
    Chapter 72: The Guardian of the Tenth Floor
    Chapter 73: The Eight Heavenly Dragon Generals
    Chapter 74: The White Sage
    Chapter 75: The Goddess of Mercy vs. the Goddess Asura
    Chapter 76: The Heaven Sundering Divine Calamity
    Chapter 77: Prelude to Battle Heavens
    Chapter 78: War of the Immortals
    Last edited by Avidfan; 04-16-15 at 07:55 AM.

Chapter 1: The Three Celestial Maidens

It was a moonless night and the streets were empty.

The four sentries of the Enchains Sect were looking bored and were casually chatting quietly with each other.

The Enchains Sect was a small clan in the Western Martial Fraternity but in this small town, it was now the most influential clan among several clans.

One year ago, a major conflict between the various martial clans took place at the Holy Amalgamate Mountains. It was a terrifying battle between good and evil that saw dozens of martial clans disappearing overnight and hundreds of martial clans were so badly affected that it would take them a long time to recover.

The Enchains Sect was a small clan then and it was the Septuagint Clan that was the dominating clan in this town. However during the battle at the Holy Amalgamate Mountains, the Septuagint Clan suffered a crippling loss and many of its best fighters were killed or injured. Because of that, the Enchains Sect rose to be the dominant clan in this small town.

All of a sudden, the four sentries froze in their tracks as they could sense something was amiss; there was a light fragrance scent in the air!

The leader of the sentries immediately spoke in a firm voice to the others, “Be on your alert! Someone is here…”

But before he could finish speaking, they were all stunned and one of the sentries even dropped his sword on the ground by what they had seen!

It was because an alluring heavenly maiden in white had just come into view and was taking slow strides toward them!

It was she that had caused them to be startled!

In the dead of the night even if she was the most striking maiden that they had ever seen, she was like a haunting apparition that had totally freaked them out completely! Moreover, they could see that her alluring eyes were crimson in color! Indeed no one had seen anyone with eyes like her!

She may be walking very slowly but she was soon in front of them.

The four sentries were all trembling with great fear and they were convinced that she was indeed a ghost. What else other than a ghost could move so quietly and so swift?

The beautiful apparition gave an alluring smile, “I am looking for someone. Can you open the gate for me to continue my search?”

The sentries slowly relaxed after realizing that she was just human and not what they had feared. Moreover, she was not armed and was alone.

The Sentry Leader grew bold as he looked at his men who were harboring the same thoughts as him; here was a beautiful maiden that had delivered herself to them and it would be foolish of them to let her go just like this.

Therefore the Sentry Leader eyed her lecherously after noting that she was really a rare beauty. As a matter of fact, he had never seen anyone like her and was still in disbelief that such a beautiful maiden was now standing before his eyes. He quickly added, “May we know maiden’s name and who are you looking for?”

The alluring maiden raised her eyebrows as though she could sense their ill intentions as she said with a soft murmur, “I am the Heaveness. I do not know the name of that person but I am sure that they are inside.”

The Sentry Leader nodded quietly to his men even as he laughed aloud, “Since maiden does not want to reveal your true name to us, that’s alright. Why don’t you come with us to the back alley? We know a backdoor that can get you inside without anyone knowing so that you can search for the person that you are looking for?”

This young maiden who called herself the Heaveness may be innocent looking but she had seen through their little tricks immediately. With a wave of her slender hand, she had immediately knocked all four of them onto the ground as they moaned painfully on the ground!

The four men were stunned!

They had never seen anyone strike with such a swift martial move and disabling the four of them at the same time!

The Heaveness looked quietly at the forbidding iron-gate as she hesitated for a while.

The iron-gate only had a protruding iron ring on its gates. Anyone that wanted to enter the iron-gate must grab the iron ring and knocked it against the gate to alert the guards that were inside. It was because the iron-gate was held into place by a large iron bar on the other side!

The Sentry Leader coughed out a mouthful of blood as he muttered weakly, “Who are you? Do you think that the Enchains Sect will let you off just like this? You may have defeated us but there are still hundreds of us more inside!”

The Heaveness turned to him as she smiled coyly, “Is that so?”

She simply raised her right hand and forced opened the iron-gate with the sheer might of her martial force, stunning them as she walked into the grounds of the Enchains Sect!

Barely had she just entered inside, several scuffle cries could be heard inside as she rampaged her way in!

The Heaveness was immediately surrounded by dozens of armed fighters as she stood serenely at the martial platform leading to the interior of the Enchains Sect.

A man with a bushy beard who was wielding a big sabre shouted aloud, “Who are you! How dare you barge into the Enchains Sect?”

The Heaveness sighed softly as she asked, “Just who are you?”

The bushy man roared with anger, “Just who I am? I am the Protégé Leader of the Enchains Sect! I am Wen Zhong! You didn’t know who I am and you have dared to barge into my territory and even injure my men?”

As he roared with anger, he had suddenly halted. It was because he was captivated by her alluring beauty. But at the same time, he was also alarmed; it was because he had noticed that her eyes were unlike others.

But he quickly composed himself and said with a somewhat soften manner, “Just because you have a petite face, do you think I will be soft on you?”

It was because Wen Zhong had already noticed that more than half of his clan protégés were already mesmerized by her beauty and were staring at her blankly.

The Heaveness said coldly, “Beneath the flesh are just blood and bones. I am no different from the rest of you. So you are the Protégé Leader. Good! I am the Heaveness and I am here to look for something. If you are willing to hand it over, I will go immediately.”

Wen Zhong looked a little startled. He had never heard of anyone with the fraternity name of the Heaveness. Because she did not state her clan of origin, he garnered a guess that she may not be from a major clan.

So he roared with laughter, “It seems that I must teach you a lesson first. It is not a place where you can come and go as you please. It is also not a place that you can make your demands! Just who do you think you are? Just because you have learnt some martial moves, you think you can be insolent in my territory?!”

Even though he was raising his voice fiercely, the alluring maiden did not appear to be daunted by him. Instead she scanned her alluring eyes at everyone.

Wen Zhong was already entertaining ill-intentional thoughts on her. Just as he was about to rebuke her further, an old woman walked quietly to his side and asked him. “Son, who is this maiden?”

This old woman had a walking stick and was helped by a frail old steward.

But when the old woman and the old steward saw her eyes, they were also slightly startled.

Wen Zhong managed a weak smile. It was because there was nothing he feared more than his aged mother. He was really afraid that his aged mother would interfere in his decisions.

Even though he was the Protégé Leader of the Enchains Sect but the real controller was actually the Old Matriarch Wen!

Old Matriarch Wen smiled as she looked at her son, “Son, you have been flirting around and now your troubles come knocking on its own accord.”

Wen Zhong smiled weakly, “I do not know her. This is the first time that we have met.”

Old Matriarch Wen smiled at the Heaveness as she appraised her with her keen eyes. She must admit that the maiden that had intruded into the Enchains Sect was indeed extremely stunning. In fact, she had never seen anyone as captivating as her. If she was a man, she would surely fall in love with her but she was not.

However, the alluring maiden that called herself the Heaveness was looking at her sternly and was saying coldly to her instead. “Hand it over. I know that you have it.”

Old Matriarch Wen growled in bewilderment, “Hand what over?”

The Heaveness said coldly, “The Heavenly Relic!”

Old Matriarch Wen and the old steward turned ashen immediately!

The Heaveness had been searching the fraternity for the Heavenly Relics with her innate senses and her search had led her to this small town. There were two more Heavenly Relics more to go before the Celestial Star Formation could be completed for the transition to Beyond, the Celestial Realm.

The Heaveness said unhappily, “Quick hand it over or I won’t be polite anymore.”

After a while, Old Matriarch Wen said slowly. “Just who are you? I don’t know what you are talking about.”

The Heaveness sighed softly, “You surely know what I am talking about and I even know that the Heavenly Relic is on you now.”

Her innate sense had sensed that the Heavenly Relic was in this place and when this old woman had appeared, she immediately knew that the Heavenly Relic was with her. There was no mistaking the spiritual aura of the Heavenly Relic.

Old Matriarch Wen had suddenly turn hostile and there was a malevolent air around her, “I really don’t know who you are but today you are not getting out of here alive!”

Wen Zhong was alarmed. It was because his mother was not someone that gave empty threats. So he panicky said, “Mother…”

All of a sudden, the frail old steward leapt with surprise agility and attacked the young alluring maiden with a startling speed as he displayed half a dozen of forceful fists!

The protégés of the Enchains Sect were stunned and were in awe of the old steward. It was because they had never thought that the old steward was a super exponent and his moves would be so ingenious!

The young alluring maiden was startled and she barely avoided his attacks.

In a split second, she had raised her palm just in time to parry off the old steward’s strokes. But because the old steward was really too formidable and merciless, she was forced to take five steps back!

In a blink of an eye, they had exchanged dozens of strokes, stunning everyone with their speed attacks!

Wen Zhong was stunned. This young, seemingly vulnerable maiden was also a super martial exponent and her swiftness movements were surprising agile!

However, the old steward was the more formidable fighter and in another blink of an eye, he had gained the upper hand and just as he was about to land his fist on her, he was knocked back by two flashes of shadow!

The old steward stumbled five steps backward as he shouted coldly, “Who is that!?”

Right beside the young alluring maiden were another two extremely beautiful maidens in a fine yellow dress and a gray dress!

It was the yellow dressed maiden that had knocked the old steward back with a forceful palm attack. Like the young alluring maiden in white, she was also unarmed.

However, the maiden in gray dress was armed and carried a beautiful adorned long sword.

The old steward’s fists were trembling and he was startled!

He had received a powerful impact on his fists that his entire arm was trembling lightly. He was already thinking, “Who is this maiden? Why is it possible that a young maiden like her will possesses such a powerful internal strength? It is not possible. Is she using a trick?”

The Heaveness laughed softly, “Who takes you all so long to arrive?”

The exquisite maiden in gray dress replied softly, “You should have waited for us before barging in here. Who knows what dangers await you.”

The mesmerizing maiden in yellow dress nodded, “The heretic sect is not something that you think you can handle alone. If something happens to you, Ping’Er would surely be heartbroken.”

The Heaveness laughed softly, “I hope to get his attention and make him worry for me!”

The mesmerizing maiden in yellow gasped exasperatedly, “You!”

Old Matriarch Wen had stepped forward behind the old steward as she caught the old steward’s shoulder, “Old Yang, are you alright?”

She stared coldly at the three mysterious maidens and was furrowing her eyebrows. It was because their martial skills were simply too extraordinary for their age.

Incredulously, all three of them had the same crimson eyes!

The old steward was also staring at them, “Who are you!”

The mesmerizing maiden in yellow muttered softly but her tone was icily cold, “I am the Endor Vixen Fairy!”

The exquisite and demure maiden in gray looked at them with piercing eyes as though she could see their thoughts, “The Celestial Ocean Heavenly Maiden!”

Old Matriarch Wen groaned. It was because she had never heard of their fraternity names in the martial fraternity.

All of a sudden, she extended out her hands and dozens of shimmering light flew out in all directions as she displayed her secret projectiles!

Immediately, the Heaveness reacted by throwing dozens of secret projectiles at the same time too, deflecting the secret projectiles that were thrown at her.

The Celestial Ocean Heavenly Maiden was not slow either. She had drawn out her long sword with lightning speed and had parried off the speeding secret projectiles harmlessly.

The Endor Vixen Fairy had simply raised her long sleeves and the offensive secret projectiles simply rebound off harmlessly!

Old Matriarch Wen’s secret projectiles were not targeted at them only. Immediately, all the protégés of Enchains Sect had yelled out with agonies as they fell dead on the ground!

The Heaveness scoffed at Old Matriarch Wen, “How ruthless to kill even your own people!”

Old Matriarch Wen was taken aback. It was because she had never expected these three maidens to evade her deadly Butterfly Projectiles so easily. From the looks of it, the alluring maiden in white was also an expert in secret projectiles and could rival her in skill.

Wen Zhong was startled, “Mother! Some of them are my most loyal subordinates!”

Old Matriarch Wen said coldly, “No one must know anything about the Heavenly Relic. Only dead men tell no tales. They have heard what they shouldn’t hear and if there is someone to blame, then it is all thanks to this maiden here. Son, you got to be ruthless if you want to survive in the martial fraternity. There are many more subordinates and other desirable beauties. Never show any weakness. Don’t forget who you are!”

Old Yang stared at the three maidens as he said coldly, “Who exactly are you? Which clan are you from? How did you know we have the Heavenly Relic?”

The Celestial Ocean Heavenly Maiden had stepped forward, “How do I not know you? You are an elder of the Sacred Divine Clan.”

Old Matriarch Wen immediately turned pale but she recovered quickly, “You know?”

The Sacred Divine Clan was a heretic sect and was opposed by the orthodox clans and the majority of the unorthodox clans. It was a secretive sect and had a fearsome reputation in the martial fraternity.

On the surface, the Enchains Sect was an orthodox clan but it was actually a secret division of the Sacred Divine Clan!

Old Matriarch Wen said coldly, “Just who are you? Since you already know who we are, why are you not afraid?”

The Celestial Ocean Heavenly Maiden replied calmly, “I am Dugu Yunzi, daughter of Dugu Zhen. I am Holy Mistress of the Sacred Divine Clan. Now you know who I am, why don’t you pay your respects to me?”

Old Matriarch Wen spat angrily, “It is you! One year ago, you caused the deaths of the Three Evils of the West and you still have the cheek to claim to be our Holy Mistress?! Have you forgotten your oaths to the Sacred Divine Clan and the curse that will follow you if you break the oath?”

Old Yang interrupted coldly, “No matter. Since they have come on their own accord to the gates of hell, we will do them the favor and send them to the King of Hades!”

Yunzi stepped elegantly forward as she said icily, “Have you forgotten who the Matriarch Grandmaster of the Sacred Divine Clan is? It is she that wants the Heavenly Relic and the Heavenly Relic belongs to the Sacred Divine Clan. If you still remember your oaths and hand over the Heavenly Relic quietly, you will be spared the fiery of hell of your broken oath. Or else don’t blame me for not regarding both of you as elders of the Sacred Divine Clan and punishing you.”

Old Yang hummed coldly, “How insolent. Even if our Matriarch Grandmaster the Heavenly Temptress is here today, she will surely stand on our side. The Heavenly Relic is our sect most precious treasure and with it, we will be able to ascend to the heavens as Celestials. We are its guardians. Even if you are still with the Sacred Divine Clan and are our Holy Mistress, you still do not have the right to take it away from us. Why do you want the Heavenly Relic for? You are too young to attempt the ascension…”

All of a sudden, he began to freeze as he stared blankly at their crimson eyes. He began to stammer, “Don’t tell me, you have overcome the Divine Calamity and are now Celestials?!”

Yunzi nodded quietly as she said nonchalantly, “That’s right.”

Old Matriarch Wen began to tremble, “You have discovered how to ascend? How is that possible? What is the secret? What exactly happened one year ago at the Holy Amalgamate Mountains?”

The Divine Calamity was a celestial event that would descend when martial practitioners were able to reach the divine state of martial epitome and they were very close to clearing their life and death channels. It was an event that was to be feared but at the same time to be embraced. Failure to overcome the Divine Calamity would result in instant death. Overcoming the Divine Calamity would mean clearing the martial practitioner’s life and death channel, resulting in extended lifespan not seen in mortals and an elevated state of divinity that gave them an edge.

Old Matriarch Wen and Old Yang exchanged quiet glances quietly. They were the best of friends for many decades and almost knew what was on one another’s mind; if they could eat their hearts then they would be able to become half-celestials. Not only could they prolong their mortal lives, they could even overcome their internal strengths and martial limitations!

Therefore without waiting for Dugu Yunzi to reply them, they had both attacked her at the same time!

Old Matriarch Wen had jumped over and had imbued her hand with a powerful martial force to send a powerful blow towards her forehead while Old Yang had stooped down with surprising agility and had used a despicable underhand stroke to attack between her legs!

A blue wisp of faint blue glowing sphere appeared in Dugu Yunzi’s left hand as she raise her palm to receive Old Matriarch Wen’s attack as a thunderous clap occurred in mid-air. At the same time, she whirled her long sword and sent it flying in a circular spin towards Old Yang!

Old Yang was startled as he changed his attacking stance to an evading stance as he barely avoided the flying sword even as he stammered out, “The Flying Sword technique of the Virtuous Palace!”

Yunzi was not paying attention to Old Yang for she was knocked back by Old Matriarch Wen’s martial power as she was forced to take five steps backward which were followed by dozens of quick strokes that were descended upon her as she was knocked off balance!

Just as Old Yang was about to exploit her critical weakness that was being displayed, the Endor Vixen Fairy had intercepted Old Matriarch Wen’s attacks with her Penetrating Hands martial skill and said anxiously to Yunzi, “Sister Yun, are you alright? Leave this old granny to me!”

Yunzi gasped softly, “Thank you, Sister Youxue!”

She was referring to the Endor Vixen Fairy whose real name was Xiao Youxue.

She had immediately composed herself as she stared coldly at Old Yang, “Despicable!”

In the meantime, the Heaveness who real name was Ji Lingfeng was being encircled by Wen Zhong was heard saying breathlessly, “It seems that we have got ourselves in a fix. They are much more difficult to handle than we have been expecting…”

She paused for a breather before adding, “If we don’t overcome them soon, we will be in serious trouble soon.” It was because she had observed that dozens of fighters were already making their way to the scene and the clanking of loud gongs was already being sounded out throughout the place!

Old Matriarch Wen smiled wryly, “That is your mistake, isn’t it? All three of us have been through hundreds of fights be it big or small. In this aspect, experiences still count.”

Wen Zhong laughed aloud, “Mother, don’t be hasty in dealing them the death blow. Let me have a little fun first before we eat their hearts!”

Old Yang was also laughing wickedly, “There are three of us here and there are three of you there. It will be terrible if there is only one just one heart. It seems that Heavens is simply too kind for the three of us.”

Old Matriarch Wen said coldly, “Indeed. Son! After we have killed Dugu Yunzi and avenged the humiliations of the Sacred Divine Clan, you will definitely be the Holy Master of the Sacred Divine Clan. This is such a rare golden opportunity that has come knocking on its own!”

Yunzi scoffed icily as she mustered her martial force as four wisps of faint hovering blue light surrounded her with a sudden burst as the aftershock ripple around her, “Wishful thinking!”

Old Matriarch Wen turned pale as she took a step backward, “This! This is not the Divine Virtuous Force. This is the…”

Yunzi interrupted coldly, “This is the Invincible Divine Force, a martial skill of the Heavenly Temptress!”

Even Old Yang and Wen Zhong were both taken aback as their confidence level plummeted!

But Old Yang quickly whispered as he reminded them, “Fighting is also a psychology battle. Don’t panic or we will surely lose. From what I can tell, her Invincible Divine Force is only at the intermediate level. With our present martial strength, it poses no threat to us. She should be the one that should fear us.”

Wen Zhong smiled as he regained his composure quickly, “That’s right. Let’s see how long she can maintain her Invincible Divine Force before fatigue overcomes her!”

Youxue hummed coldly, “You can try us!”

Lingfeng smiled alluringly as she looked in a different direction, “Unfortunately, they have no chance now.”

A white figure had descended over the high walls and in just a few blinks of an eye, a young handsome man with an righteous air was already in their midst!

His swiftness movement was astonishing!

Yunzi and Youxue exclaimed excitedly as they called out joyously for him, “Yi Ping!”

Yi Ping did not look pleased at all as he rebuked them gently, “Why didn’t you wait for me?”

Lingfeng winked at him, “I want you to worry for me. I want to know how emotionless you have become after you have become a Celestial!”

Yi Ping ignored her and had turned to face Wen Zhong, Old Matriarch Wen and Old Yang. His glance was piercing but what startled them were his crimson eyes!

Ch1 End
    Next Chapter
    Last edited by Avidfan; 11-07-14 at 10:38 PM.

Thanks Avidfan for continuing the story!

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    Thanks Avidfan for continuing the story!
    Thanks Szfong for reading too!

wow. one whole pot of honey dropped on me. Thanks very much Avidfan for this unanticipated continuation.

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsaw View Post
    wow. one whole pot of honey dropped on me. Thanks very much Avidfan for this unanticipated continuation.
    Thank you very very much again =)
    Hope you enjoy this story arc too!

Chapter 2: The Fiery Phoenix

Yi Ping looked at them with clenched fists as he said, “Why did you have to kill your own men? Don’t you have any humane?”

Old Matriarch Wen hummed coldly as she pointed to Lingfeng, “If there is anyone to blame, then it is she. No one must be allowed to know a thing about the Heavenly Relic. Who knows if they are spies of the Celestial Palace or the other clans here?”

Yi Ping sighed as he asked reluctantly, “Let me ask you one more time. Surrender the Heavenly Relic and we will leave quietly.”

Yi Ping was not someone that would take anything from others but this time he had no other choice. It was because without the Heavenly Relics, there was no other way for him to attempt the transmigration to the Celestial Realm.

Yunzi who was also the Celestial Ocean Heavenly Maiden had suggested to him, “I know that the Sacred Divine Clan also has a Heavenly Relic which is in the safekeeping of a clan elder.”

Lele the Joyful Goddess had also said, “There is also one known Heavenly Relic that is in the Celestial Palace but it is extremely perilous to obtain it. You should know. You can barely even win one Celestial Liege.”

Lele was previously from the Celestial Palace. She knew better than anyone else what kind of a place the Celestial Palace was.

Yunzi had sensed the reluctance in Yi Ping’s eyes therefore she smiled and said to him, “There is nothing wrong with taking what belongs to me.”

She stole a smile at Lie Qing the Heavenly Temptress before saying, “And of course, that Heavenly Relic actually belongs to our Sister Qing’Er in the first place.”

Lie Qing nodded with an enticing smile but refused to say anything.

Youxue added coolly, “It doesn’t matter who it belongs to. If they can’t protect the Heavenly Relic then they shouldn’t be allowed to safeguard it.”

Lingfeng quickly said, “They are evil-doers. If you remember what happens at the Holy Amalgamate Mountains, countless innocents will suffer for their ambitions and for their celestial attempts. Only by taking away the Heavenly Relic from them, can we prevent a martial calamity from happening.”

But because Yi Ping continued to hesitate, Lingfeng, Youxue and Yunzi decided to take their own course of action without informing him.

That was what had brought them here to the Enchains Sect after some difficult searching.

And it was a lucky thing that Yi Ping had found them.

But luck did not have a hand in it. It was Yunzi that had deliberately left behind clues for him to find at each new location that she had been to. Or else in the vast fraternity, it was nearly impossible for Yi Ping to find them!

And that was what brought Yi Ping here today!

Upon reaching, he nearly broke into cold sweat when he saw the situation they were in. If there were opponents that the three of them could not defeat easily then the martial level of those opponents must clearly not be underestimated.

Needless to say, his expression was solemn and he was none the pleased with their reckless bravado.

Lingfeng could see his displeasure for they had shared the Emptiness Translucence and was linked like a mirror image together, whether he willed it or not. But she pretended not to see and remained nonchalance. But of course, Yi Ping did not know of it or else he would be even more displeased.

Yunzi was composed as usual and preferred not to think about it. After all, she was the one that left the clues behind for him and moreover she knew that Yi Ping was always gentle towards her.

Youxue could sense his displeasure and she was feeling a little guilty. However, she disguised her feelings by saying aloud, “There are now four of us now. Hurry and surrender the Heavenly Relic or we won’t be polite anymore.”

The truth was that she was already impolite through her icy threatening tone. If it was the old her, she would not have talk so much and fight them to the very end. But she was a Celestial now and killing anyone without a cause would be detrimental to her divine cultivation and even turned her into a Dark Celestial. In short, she seemed more provoking more than pacifying!

Wen Zhong stared at the unarmed young man who continued to look at them calmly despite their fierce stares and malevolent airs. He brandished his sabre and said fiercely, “Your name is Yi Ping? We may not know who you are but you are pushing your luck too far…”

All of a sudden, he froze in his tracks as he suddenly recalled that one year ago, there was a young man with the same name that had shaken the martial fraternity with his earthshaking deeds!

He stammered, “You are that Yi Ping who calls himself the White Sage?”

Yi Ping nodded, “That’s right!”

Immediately Wen Zhong, Old Yang and Old Matriarch Wen began to take a step back. One year ago, the White Sage had single-handedly fought against the best martial exponents from the major orthodox clans and had survived. At the same time, hundreds of top martial exponents were also defeated by him. Overnight, his renown had spread like wildfire but he had also disappeared from the martial fraternity afterwards.

Lingfeng said coolly, “From your defiance eyes, it seems that you still do not want to surrender the Heavenly Relic to us. Then don’t blame us for not showing any mercy…”

But before she could finish speaking, Wen Zhong had suddenly brandished his sabre as he slashed at Yi Ping. At the same time, Old Yang had executed his hands into claws while Old Matriarch Wen plunged forward with a deadly strike that was aimed at Yi Ping’s face!

If Yi Ping was the White Sage, then he was obviously their first target for he could well be the most dangerous!

Even though they had coordinated their surprise attack with a perfect timing and was extremely quick, Yi Ping reaction was not slow as he retaliated immediately!

In one stance, Yi Ping had already knocked back Old Matriarch Wen onto the ground as she coughed out a bout of blood, Old Yang was already swept aside by his Boundless Force and Wen Zhong was struck directly on his forehead by Yi Ping’s Divine Horizon Hand!

All three of them were on the ground and struggling to get up!

They simply could not believe that with their present martial skills, they could be knocked down so easily with just a single hit!

Youxue knew that martial exponents could not readily surrender any martial treasures even it meant the loss of their lives. Only through sheer force could wrestle it from them. She was not a maiden that resort to diplomacy or else she would not be able to amass such a vast collect of wealth and numerous martial treasures. Of course other than her, no one else knew about it.

But before she could step forward, the Heaveness said aloud. “Who is there?”

Youxue, Yunzi and Yi Ping immediately scanned their surroundings.

The number of torchlights had suddenly disappeared one by one as terrifying agonizing cries were heard in the night.

Before long, an old man was seen walking slowly towards them. His eyes were crimson and his hair was silver. Without a doubt, this old man was a Dark Celestial!

Yi Ping immediately raised his hands forward with the Dividing Heaven Stance of the Divine Horizon as he asked calmly, “Who are you?”

Old Yang and Old Matriarch Wen immediately gasped out, “It is you!”

They had recognized him as one of the elders of the Sacred Divine Clan. He still looked the same but his facial was unmistakably youthful and did not fit his stooping figure.

The old man hummed coldly as he looked at everyone, “Yes, it is me. You must be very surprised that I am a Celestial now. What do we have here? Four Celestials from the Celestial Palace?”

Lingfeng said icily, “You are a Dark Celestial, a Half-Celestial and not a True Celestial.”

The old man laughed wickedly, “Does it matter? Now I am immortal and I have nothing to fear anymore. From now on, I shall dominate the martial fraternity and united all the martial clans under my everlasting dynasty. Obeisance to me; be my concubine and I will spare you.”

Lingfeng said, “Shameless!”

Old Matriarch Wen coughed weakly, “Sikong Zhai! How did…how did you become a Celestial? Without the Heavenly Relic, you can overcome your martial limitations?”

Sikong Zhai laughed aloud, “You must be very surprise, am I right? I have begged you on numerous times to lend me the Heavenly Relic but you have always refused me insolently. To think that I have actually become a Celestial now. If you really want to know, I can tell you.”

He laughed again before continuing, “A maiden claiming to be from the Celestial Palace threatened to eat my heart and drink my blood. Even though I was not her match but she was too inexperienced and too soft-hearted. In the end, I had dealt her a fatal blow.”

Yi Ping was startled and he interrupted panicky, “Is the maiden name Lele?! What did you do to her?”

Sikong Zhai laughed, “I don’t know her name. After I have my fun with her, I ate her heart and drink her heart. She certainly died a slow agonizing death.”

Yi Ping was trembling and he was clenching his fists loudly.

Yunzi called out to Yi Ping with a soft whisper, “Ping’Er, that maiden may not be Lele. Calm down first or you will fall into his tricks!”

All of a sudden, Old Matriarch Wen tossed a silvery metal to Yunzi with great reluctance. “Holy Mistress, I don’t want the Heavenly Relic anymore. Just protect us from this demon here. We are willing to swear allegiance to you!”

Yunzi immediately caught of the Heavenly Relic and flashed it for the Lingfeng to appraise.

Lingfeng nodded and said, “I really can’t believe it when I have sensed that the Heavenly Relic is on her. It seems that this Heavenly Relic has already been purified or else it won’t be possible for anyone to carry it around. This Heavenly Relic must be same one that Sister Lie Qing had used to attempt her Divine Calamity in the past.”

Youxue was in disbelief, “She will give us the Heavenly Relic on her own accord? I can’t believe it!”

Old Matriarch Wen said, “I would rather not be killed by that vile Sikong Zhai or fall into his hands. In the fraternity, he is known as the Venomous Evil.”

Sikong Zhai laughed, “Old woman, so you fear me now?”

He turned and stared coldly at Yunzi, “Maiden, surrender the Heavenly Relic to me quietly. I am someone that cherishes beauties.”

Yunzi looked coldly at Sikong Zhai and Old Matriarch Wen, “It is just her ruse to distract Sikong Zhai from her. She is hoping to take advantage of us when we are all injured or weakened. Then she can retrieve the Heavenly Relic and get rid of us at the same time.”

Old Matriarch Wen was startled that her stratagem could be so easily seen through by this young maiden but she kept quiet as she thought, “It seems that Dugu Zhen has taught her daughter well…”

Yunzi was full of aloofness at Sikong Zhai and her eyes shown no fear, “I refuse to surrender the Heavenly Relic. Come and get it if you are able to!”

Sikong Zhai had mustered his martial power and there was a burst of windforce that fluttered around him as he shouted, “Hand over the Heavenly Relic to me!”

His hands had turned green as he displayed the Venomous Evil Palms!

Old Matriarch Wen, Old Yang and Wen Zhong immediately stepped back as they nodded silently to each other; let these fools fought among themselves and then they would seize the opportunity to strike!

Yi Ping had also mustered his martial power with the absolute equilibrium force as he gave a great shout as three bursts of circular windforce burst from the ground, “Your opponent is me!”

He was truly enraged and was just suppressing his anger. Because his opponent was a Dark Celestial, he dared not be careless too. He had executed his most powerful martial stance, the Asper Divinity Horizon Hand as he leapt forward!

Lingfeng cried out panicky, “Yi Ping watch out! His palm is extremely venomous!”

But it was already too late as Yi Ping and Sikong Zhai smashed their blows at each other!

At their sudden impact, there was a loud explosive thunderclap and powerful windforces swept through the vicinity, forcing everyone to move backward!

Yi Ping was forced by the powerful martial force to take five steps backward before he coughed out black blood!

He was ashen and his hands were black; he was poisoned by the exchange!

Youxue, Lingfeng and Yunzi had immediately surrounded Yi Ping and were calling his name panicky!

Sikong Zhai was not faring much better too. He was flung off and he had fallen dead immediately!

When he had died, he was still in disbelief that this young man’s martial power would overcome him so exceedingly!

Lingfeng, Youxue and Yunzi were also surprised that Sikong Zhai could not take one blow from Yi Ping. But they immediately knew the reason; Sikong Zhai had not taken the tribulations of the Divine Calamity yet. He may have turned into a Celestial through an unorthodox mean but without the tribulations of the Divine Calamity, his martial limitations could not be heightened. Normally, the Divine Calamity would take place within one year for the Dark Celestials when they resorted to this method of turning into a Celestial. Compared to the true martial strength of the Three Sages and the prominent leaders of the major orthodox clans, it seemed that Sikong Zhai was just a little short of making into the league of the super exponents.

Even Old Matriarch Wen did not believe that the Venomous Evil would die in such a quick manner. She thought, “Weird, isn’t he a Celestial now? His martial power didn’t seem to have improved that much?”

But she was nevertheless secretly pleased as this Yi Ping had been severely poisoned and was no longer a threat to them.

She was smiling to herself as she thought, “What a pity that he got poisoned or else we can take his heart and consume it. So that is the secret to be a Celestial! And after we have become a Celestial, we can use the Heavenly Relic to advance our martial limitations! Sikong Zhai, Sikong Zhai. I will surely enjoy savoring your blood!”

Therefore Old Matriarch Wen, Old Yang and Wen Zhong had suddenly mustered their martial force and were striking at Yunzi for she had their Heavenly Relic in her hand!

Youxue and Yunzi were not slow to react for they had already anticipated this treachery as they counterattacked with burning rage!

Yunzi had drawn out a foil sword that was around her waist and she was trying hard to suppress her tears and anxiety for Yi Ping. She knew that now was not the time to worry. She had to buy time for Lingfeng to save Yi Ping!

Lingfeng did not move from her position and was standing beside Yi Ping calmly.

She raised her hand and patted Yi Ping’s back with her Holy Amalgamate Force as she absorbed the venom into her body. She whispered comforting to him, “Yi Ping, don’t move and don’t struggle. Just relax. I will try to to absorb the venom from your body. This type of venom is extremely poisonous and kills in mere minutes.”

Yi Ping was trembling as he said weakly, “Lingfeng no! If you absorb the venom, you will die! It is all my fault. I shouldn’t have exchanged martial force with him. I am too quick-tempered…”

Lingfeng smiled weakly, “Don’t you worry about me. I am the Holy Maiden of the Holy Amalgamate Sect and I have played with poisons all the time. This amount of venom won’t be able to affect me.”

All of a sudden, there was a terrifying scream as Wen Zhong was struck on his forehead by Xiao Youxue with her entire martial power!

Old Matriarch Wen was suddenly screaming at her, “You kill my son! A life for a life!”

Wen Zhong had seen a critical opening against Youxue and even though he was reluctant to lay hands on such a mesmerizing beauty but the temptations of being a Celestial was too great. After all when he could become a Celestial and had advanced his martial skills further, there were no lack of beauties for his want. Therefore he hacked at her with his sabre with totally no mercy!

But to his surprise when he had hacked at her, he was stopped by an invisible force that was seemingly on her. Before he could withdraw his stroke, another irresistible force had pulled him towards her even as her hands had turned golden.

Youxue had deliberately created a feign opening for him. She was protected by the Golden Impervious Skill, also known as the Golden Invincible Body. Before the full blunt of Wen Zhong’s attack could take effect, she had neutralized it with the Divine Emerald Skill, a skill that was imparted to her by Shui Yixian the Celestial Fairy before she counterattacked with the full might of her Golden Impervious Skill and the Penetrating Hands!

Wen Zhong never knew what had overtaken him!

Old Matriarch Wen cursed aloud as she had instantly recognized her martial skills, “You are from the Virtuous Palace or the Eternal Ice Palace? You actually know the Golden Impervious Skill and the Penetrating Hands of the Virtuous Palace but you are also displaying the secret martial skill of the Eternal Ice Palace!”

Old Yang was also cursing as he could not get past Yunzi’s whirling blades, “For years, we have been collecting information and weakness of the Virtuous Palace. I know all your secret techniques and tricks. Surrender the Heavenly Relic quietly and I will still accord you an honorable death as our Holy Mistress. You can’t maintain this martial move forever. In thirty strokes, I will surely defeat you!”

Yunzi hummed coldly but she still maintained her elegant swordplay.

This four person fight was furious as the four martial exponents exchanged blows for blows, strokes for strokes and exchanging attacking positions all the time!

Old Matriarch Wen and Old Yang were not easy to overcome for they had more experiences and were wily in their martial moves. But they were surprised that these two young maidens were like battle maidens that silently greeted their strokes for strokes without panic. Many of their secret strokes were killing strokes that were never seen by anyone else but they had ingeniously neutralized it.

Even though they were in praise of their martial skill despite their young age, they were not particular worry now. It was because they had already noticed that the two maidens were now faltering and had broken into sweat!

All of a sudden, Old Yang displayed the Dragon Claws Skill, a powerful secret martial skill that he had keeping secret until he got an opening as he suddenly torn into Youxue’s arm. If she was not protected by the Golden Impervious Skill then she would have already lost her arm!

Yunzi turned pale immediately as she hacked towards Old Yang in an attempt to aid Youxue. But it seemed that Old Matriarch Wen had already anticipated that and had struck her a heavy blow on her back with a cracking sound.

The attack was so powerful that not even Yunzi’s Invincible Divine Force could protect her from the blow. She was instantly wobbly but she still retaliated by spinning a flying sword attack towards Old Matriarch Wen.

In her weakened state, her flying sword technique was easy to evade and was just a feign to delay Old Matriarch Wen.

Yunzi and Youxue had regrouped together and both were panting breathlessly even as Old Matriarch Wen and Old Yang were approaching them from two sides!

Old Matriarch Wen said coldly, “My son’s death is not going to be in vain. Young lasses, it seems that you have severely underestimated the elders of the Sacred Divine Clan. We may not be as good as the Three Evils of the West but we hold our strength against them. That’s why we are the elders of the Sacred Divine Clan.”

“Good! Then you have better prove it to me fast!”

Old Matriarch Wen and Old Yang were stunned.

Someone had actually walked quietly behind them and they did not notice her at all!

They quickly turned around and saw an enthralling maiden in a long scarlet dress and velvet cloak standing quietly behind them!

She had a piercing gaze and carried a white-blue sword. She was like a ghostly specter. Her face was extremely white and her long black hair was flurrying in the cool night breeze.

Old Matriarch Wen heaved a sigh of relief when she saw that her eyes were not crimson and was gray. She thought, “She is blind? I have never seen anyone with such dull emotionless eyes.”

When Yunzi and Youxue saw her, they immediately gasped and seemed a little afraid!

Old Yang said coldly, “Who are you? What do you want?”

The enthralling maiden in scarlet replied softly, “I am the Fiery Phoenix and I am here for the Heavenly Relic as well. So tell me, what do I want?”

Ch2 End
    Previous Chapter
    Next Chapter
    Last edited by Avidfan; 11-07-14 at 10:35 PM.

Thanks for another exciting update!

Thanks for another exciting update!
    Thanks Szfong!

These are the missing Chapters leading to the transmigration of the Celestial Realm, hope you will enjoy this story arc

Hi Avidfan,

Will you be discussing what happened during the missing one year? Why were they separated into 2 or 3 groups? How and under what cirumstances did they become Celestials?

What wonderful timing. My wi fi was down and just got remedied. Thanks for the new update.

Hi Avidfan,

Will you be discussing what happened during the missing one year? Why were they separated into 2 or 3 groups? How and under what cirumstances did they become Celestials?
    There will be references to this in Chapter 3 =)

Only a scant mention will be made during the missing one year though.

Quote: Geraldsaw
    What wonderful timing. My wi fi was down and just got remedied. Thanks for the new update.
    Thank you as well

Chapter 3: The Ancient Celestials

At the mere mention of the Heavenly Relic, Old Matriarch Wen and Old Yang instantly knew that she harbored no good intents. Therefore they immediately attacked her!

Throughout the years, they had collaborated on numerous times against many much more powerful opponents. The deadly combination of Old Yang’s Dragon Claws and Old Matriarch Wen’s Eternal Explosive Hands were powerful enough to cripple any opponent. And today, they were using these two secret techniques at the same time!

The maiden in scarlet fluttered her velvet cloak, rising her slender fingers as she moved quietly between her two opponents. There was a red blinding flash as Old Matriarch Wen and Old Yang cried out aloud at the same time; there were blood in their eyes and they were rolling on the ground in agony!

Old Yang was trembling in disbelief, “What manner of sorcery is this?! What skill is this?”

He could not believe that anyone could strike so fast that even with his years of fighting experiences that he could not see how she had executed her strokes!

The maiden in scarlet enthralling replied softly and unhurriedly, “This is my Starlight Divine Finger. This is but a small punishment for trying to hurt my sisters and my beloved.”

She smiled and took a glance at Yi Ping, who was standing in a flustered manner.

Lingfeng had purged out most of the venomous toxins from his body and she was sitting in a mediation pose with her eyes closed. Her battle with the venoms had not ended though and there was beads cold sweat on her forehead!

Xiao Youxue was also looking flustered and her cold demeanor had vanished. She appeared coy and called out, “Sister Xingyue, you are finally here! It is a good thing that you are here or we will meet with mishaps!”

The maiden in scarlet whose real name was Shen Xingyue said, “I have warned you all not to take any actions on your own. You have no idea how many strong opponents there are in the martial fraternity. What if you have met a Dark Celestial?”

Xiao Youxue pointed at the corpse of the Venomous Evil and said, “We have already met one. He is just so and so. Yi Ping had already dealt with him.”

Shen Xingyue looked quietly at Yi Ping and Lingfeng before sighing to Youxue, “You call their situation something that you are in control of? What about the injuries on your arm?”

Youxue protested, “Injuries are common occurrence in a fight or else next time when we have met with a better exponent, we won’t be at a complete loss. Every fight that is won is experienced gained!”

Shen Xingyue continued to sigh softly to herself but it was clearly audible to everyone, “But when you have lost even once, all your experiences will come to naught.”

But before Youxue could protest further, Old Matriarch Wen was already cursing aloud. “You are so despicable, resorting to such underhand means to blind us! You are a completely disgrace on the martial honor of the martial fraternity! I will surely shame your name to the entire fraternity!”

Shen Xingyue said gently, “Up to you. I don’t care…”

But before she could finish, Old Matriarch Wen and Old Yang had stood up again to attack her once again. This time all their strokes were even more deadly than any of their previous strokes as they disregard their defenses; even if they were to die, they must bring her down as well!

Shen Xingyue brandished her Blue Heavens Divine Sword and there were a brilliant bluish white flash as cold beaming piercing sword energies rippled through. Immediately, Old Matriarch Wen and Old Yang collapsed onto the ground, never to get up again!

Shen Xingyue said softly, “This is your just desserts.”

Yi Ping went up to her and was trembling, “Xingyue, why are you here? Do you know if Lele is alright?”

He pointed at the dead body of Sikong Zhai and his eyes were watery, “This old man here, he has claimed to have killed a maiden from the Celestial Palace. Other than Lele, who else could she be?”

Yunzi was solemn as she said, “It shouldn’t be Lele. There are many others like Lele in the Celestial Palace.”

Yi Ping muttered, “But there are few maidens like Lele that can come and go in the Celestial Palace…”

Shen Xingyue interrupted softly, “I doubt it is Lele. It is because I have just seen her just a few days ago.”

Yi Ping was startled, “Where is she and where are the others?”

Shen Xingyue said, “That is why I am searching for you so franticly. They have decided to make their way to the Celestial Palace to obtain the Heavenly Relic. I couldn’t stop them.”

Yi Ping was stunned, “They are going to the Celestial Palace?! Why didn’t you stop them? Lele is a traitor of the Celestial Palace and the Celestial Palace won’t be kind to traitors…”

Shen Xingyue sighed softly, “Do you think I didn’t try? You expect me to subdue them using force or diplomacy? I have tried both means and it didn’t work.”

Yi Ping was silent.

She was right. If Lele the Joyful Goddess wanted to do something, nothing could stop her from doing so. Moreover, there were still Lie Qing the Heavenly Temptress, Shui Yixian the Celestial Fairy, Shui Yujian the Eclipse Heaven Goddess and Shui Meijian the Axis Heaven Goddess.

Yi Ping murmured with a throbbing headache, “Why didn’t Lie Qing and Yixian stop her?”

Shen Xingyue said, “They didn’t know how long it will take to find the Heavenly Relic. They also didn’t know how long it will take you to find Lingfeng. The only place they know where the Heavenly Relic can be located is at the Celestial Palace. They want to save you some troubles and they have perfectly good intentions.”

Yi Ping smiled bitterly, “Now I have perfectly plenty of troubles. Quick, we must hurry!”

He was reluctant to go to the Celestial Palace and he had repeatedly warned Lele not to go back there. It was because a year ago, he had fought with the Celestial Liege who was a Prime Celestial from the Celestial Palace and it was a fight that still dreaded him to this day!

By now, Lingfeng had opened her eyes and she had walked weakly beside YI Ping, saying gently to him. “Let’s hurry then.”

When Yi Ping saw her weakened state, his heart was aching and he said. “Lingfeng, are you alright? Why don’t you find a haven to recuperate first? I will surely get back to you in no time…”

Lingfeng shook her head gently, “I am as worry for the rest as much as you do. My physical condition is nothing to worry about. Have you forgotten that I am protected by my Divine Invigorate Skill?”

She paused before looking melancholy at him, “We have been through much together…are you are thinking of leaving me alone and go off to fight the Celestial Palace alone?”

Yi Ping sighed heavily, “You didn’t tell me when you go off to look for the Heavenly Relic either.”

Lingfeng hummed coldly, “This is just trivial. Why did you put that in your heart? I know you are a petty man! I know that you don’t feel comfortable in taking the Heavenly Relic from the others. That is why I have asked Yunzi and Youxue to come along. Do you know why Lele and the others have also taken the initiative to go to the Celestial Palace on their own? It is because they know that you are reluctant to risk anyone of us. But do you know that anyone of us will be glad to give up our lives for you and the other sisters?”

Yi Ping was startled and he was quiet all of a sudden.

Six months ago, Yunzi and Youxue had successful overcome the Divine Calamity with the guidance of Lingfeng the Heaveness, Yixian the Celestial Fairy and Lie Qing the Heavenly Temptress.

It was not easy for them though and they had almost lost their lives.

Yi Ping had taken the Divine Calamity at the same time as them, taking the blunt for them. This time round, he was truly a Celestial and did not resist the Divine Force unlike the last time.

Lingfeng was the only one left that did not attempt the Divine Calamity. She did not have to for she had awakened as a Celestial on her own.

She was the Heaveness and her true name represented the Heavens of this realm! In this realm, the Divine Calamity would not be able to affect her and she had all of eternity to ponder over the mysteries of the universe.

Her race was the Ancient Celestials who aspired to be Celestial Sages for they knew of another realm that existed above this realm. That place was to be called the Ninth Heavens or Beyond. To mortals, that place was called the Celestial Realm.

Eventually, the Ancient Celestials discovered the means to traverse to Beyond. To traverse to Beyond, they had to ascend! To ascend, they had to undergone the tribulations of the Divine Wrath and a majority of the Ancient Celestials perished during the tribulations!

Before the Ancient Celestials departed, they left behind their heart intricate formulas and other divine skills so that one day, the mortals would gain the knowledge of attaining as a Celestial and ascended to Beyond.

A long time had passed in Beyond and the Ancient Celestials were eventually joined by other Celestials from the lower realm. But it was not before long they had found that the Celestial Realm was not the Heavenly Realm that they were looking for but a transiting realm to yet another realm, the God Realm!

The Celestials were at a complete loss how to reach the God Realm. The only clues to reach the God Realm were in the Stellar Sanctuary and the Astronomic Stellar Formation. Already many Celestials had been killed in an attempt to storm these two places.

The Celestials did not have a choice for them to take the risk for many of them had reached the limits of their state of divinity. Without a breakthrough and without a new divine intricacy formula, sooner or later they would be killed by the Divine Wrath which got more powerful after each tribulation.

Eventually, there were just a few of the Ancient Celestials that were left and even their Divine Wrath tribulation had transformed into the Heavenly Wrath, which was even more terrifying than the Divine Wrath!

Knowing that the next time the Heavenly Wrath were to strike would also be their last, the Heaveness, the Universal Old Man and the Great Sage Lord took a calculated risk to descend to the lower realm in an attempt to find fresh clues that would help unravel the mysteries of the Stellar Sanctuary. It was because during an expedition to the Stellar Sanctuary, they had found clues that the Dark Lord of the Chaos Cosmos, the only one that had successfully ascended to the God Realm had made a trip to the lower realm for a search.

The trip to the lower realm was not easy and not without great risk for no one had ever attempted it before except for the Dark Lord of the Chaos Cosmos. He had left behind the means to do so in the Stellar Sanctuary via the Cosmos Stellar Formation.

The Cosmos Stellar Formation was complex even to the three Ancient Celestials and their hearts sunk. But left with no other choice and finding it meaningless to meditate for another millennium years, they decided to attempt the Cosmos Stellar Formation.

During the attempt, the Great Lord Sage lost his life as he sacrificed himself to bring the Heaveness and the Universal Old Man to the lower realm.

His death was a great blow to them, especially the Heaveness. It was because they had known each other for as long as they could remember and had been through numerous tribulations. She had also admired him for a long time…

When they had descended to the lower realm, it was thriving with numerous celestial sects and martial clans. It was also during this sojourn that the Heaveness and the Universal Old Man had secretly helped many worthy mortals to be a Celestial and many Celestials to ascend. As for their origin, they did not disclose to any of them except for their celestial names.

It was also at that time that they had decided to pick a young lad, the future White Sage to be their protégé. The Heaveness had picked him because this young lad was in many ways similar to the Great Lord Sage when he was young and they shared the same beaming eyes.

Time passed but still they had no idea what the Dark Lord of the Chaos Cosmos was searching for in the lower realm.

Faced with the prospect of the Heavenly Wrath descending upon the lower realm and wrecking destruction upon the innocents, the dispirited Universal Old Man decided to return to the upper realm to look for new clues.

The Heaveness had grown fond of the lower realm. She had yearned to experience the emotions that she never had. She wanted to be a mortal and to die in the place where she came from. To her, that was her true home and not the God Realm.

Not wanting to invite destruction upon the innocents, the Heaveness had chosen a self-sacrificing path as a mortal. For that, she was willing to give up being a Celestial!

She had never expected that she would have such an interweaving destiny with the young lad that she had taken in as a protégé who was the future White Sage who had awakened her memories.

Not only had she awakened as a Celestial, she had also discovered that the Dark Lord of the Chaos Cosmos had actually went to the lower realm in search of the Universal Force which was non-existent in the Ninth Heavens!

The Heavenly Earth Sword was the only celestial sword that could unleash the Universal Force and now it was with the Celestial Fairy!

However, her awakening had also brought about an unintended consequence; her cycle of tribulations would begin anew and she was faced with the prospect of an occurring Heavenly Wrath!

Because of this, she had to leave the lower realm to the upper realm where she could face the Heavenly Wrath.

So she had said to Yi Ping, “I have to leave now. I do not belong to this world and you should know this. If I do not leave, numerous lives would be lost as a result of the approaching Heavenly Wrath.”

Yi Ping was stunned.

He had quickly said, “Lingfeng…we have been together for so long and you are leaving me alone? Can I come with you?”

Lingfeng put on a smile, “You still have the others. Certainly you may have forgotten about me after some time. My presence here will only endanger the lower realm. It is best that I go back to the upper realm where I belong. If you want to see me again, it is best that you put all your efforts towards divine attainment. But with so many distractions, it may be hard on you.”

At the moment, she was suppressing her divine state with her Divine Invigorate Force and had only limited her divine strength to that of the crimson level. After the crimson level was the gray level and then it would be the golden level. After that was the green-golden level and finally the red-blue level. Celestials of the green-golden level were able to revert their eyes to that of a mortal.

As one of the most powerful Celestials in Beyond, the Heaveness was naturally on the blue-red level.

Yi Ping sighed and everyone could clearly see how downhearted he was.

She turned to ask Yixian the Celestial Fairy, “I wonder if I am able to borrow your Heavenly Earth Sword?”

Yixian smiled gently as she took slow glances at everyone before saying gently, “I refuse.”

Lingfeng smiled too. It was because she did not expect Yixian would adhere to her request. So she replied gently, “I understand…”

But Yixian interrupted with a gentle smile, “But on one condition though.”

Lingfeng was startled, “On what condition will you lend me?”

Yixian replied, “You must take us to the upper realm with you.”

Lingfeng was startled, “That’s impossible…”

Yixian sighed softly, “Normal ascension is impossible to take the Heavenly Earth Sword with you. When my celestial protégé mistress the Stellar Heaven Fairy had ascended, she couldn’t bring the Heavenly Earth Sword to the Ninth Heavens because of its weight. If I am not mistaken, you do know of another way but you are not telling us.”

Lingfeng was silent for a while. In the end, she could not fool the Celestial Fairy.

Even Lele, Lie Qing, Yujian and Meijian were astonished. “There is another way to the Ninth Heavens?!”

Yunzi and Youxue looked curiosity at Yixian…

Shen Xingyue was trembling. No one else other than her knows how arduous it was to reach her present state of divinity. She had been through many close encounters and even though she did not show it, she was even afraid to ascend.

It was not because she feared death. She feared losing Yi Ping and having to bear with an eternity of loneliness. Among the eight maidens, she had the highest state of divinity and she may be the first one to start the ascension. But of course, it was easily said than done and it may take her a long time.

Shen Xingyue asked, “Lingfeng, you know a way to get us all to the Ninth Heavens?”

Lingfeng froze and after a time, she nodded before saying solemnly. “Yes I know. But it is extremely dangerous. I come here via the Cosmos Stellar Formation and I can use the same formation to ascend back to the upper realm. However, I have never tried using the Cosmos Stellar Formation more than twice and in a scale like this.”

Yi Ping’s eyes were beaming and he said, “Quick, we can try!”

All of a sudden, the baby in Lele’s comforting arms was crying as though she could sense that her parents were about to abandon her.

Lele began to comfort her baby, “Poor child. Be quiet. You can understand huh?”

Yi Ping was overwhelmed with guilt all of a sudden.

Yixian looked at Shen Xingyue as they nodded silently.

The two of them were the most talented celestial practitioners of their generation. Out of ten celestials, only one or two may eventually ascended to the Ninth Heavens. And both of them hold the most promise.

Shen Xingyue said to Lingfeng, “Can you show us the Cosmos Stellar Formation? With so many of us here, it may not be difficult for us?”

Lingfeng sighed, “What is so good about reaching the upper realm? It may be a place that you may loath as time passes.”

Lingfeng was saying it from the bottom of her heart. In Beyond, all the Celestials guarded their celestial skills zealously, not wanting their rivals to overtake them. And the same goes for here too.

But not Lingfeng.

She began to explain the intricacy formulas of the Cosmos Stellar Formation to everyone.

Everyone was dumbfounded and at a loss to understand the Cosmos Stellar Formation.

Yi Ping had broken into cold sweat while Youxue and Yunzi had nearly fainted. It was because with their present state of divinity, it was still beyond them to apprehend it!

Even Shen Xingyue was silent!

After some hours, Yixian was the first to say. “This Cosmos Stellar Formation has similarities to the Celestial Star Formation. Look at this part here and this part.”

Lele and Lie Qing immediately exclaimed aloud, “That’s right!”

Lingfeng was surprised, “Even for me, I don’t understand these two parts of the formation. Is it possible for you to share with us on the intricacies of the Celestial Star Formation?”

Yixian nodded and she quickly drew the Celestial Star Formation on the ground and explained it. Even though she was a late comer to the Celestial Star Formation compared to Lele, she had grasped its intricacies quickly.

Shen Xingyue was astonished how readiness the Celestial Fairy and the Heaveness were willing to share with them two of the most extraordinary celestial formations. It was something that not even celestial protégés of the same clan would be privy to.

In the end, they discovered that they could use the Celestial Star Formation to move the Cosmos Stellar Formation at a considerable lower risk. Even if it failed, they would still able to stall the fallout of the Cosmos Stellar Formation and escaped from it if they were quick enough.

But there were another problem. In order to traverse from the Celestial Star Formation to the Cosmos Stellar Formation, they would need nine divine relics to act as catalyst for the transmigration for each one of them. The Heaveness was the exception because of her elevated state of divinity.

Yixian had the Heavenly Earth Sword, Shen Xinyue had her Blue Heavens Divine Sword, Yu’Er had her Harp Whisperer, Mei’Er had her Lyrical Whisperer, Lie Qing had the Perpetual Darkness and the White Phoenix Sword while Lele had the Divine Echo.

That was seven divine relics in total in their possessions!

In the end, they only needed to find two more divine relics. Divine and Celestial Swords were almost impossible to find so in the end they had turned their search towards the Heavenly Relics.

Ch3 End
    Previous Chapter
    Next Chapter
    Last edited by Avidfan; 11-13-14 at 01:49 PM.

Thanks for another exciting chapter!

This was fast. Thanks once again.

Thanks Szfong and Geraldsaw =)

I also hope to see more request for A Martial Odyssey 2, so that I can have more drive to continue it =)

It is also great to see that there are readers that continue to read A Martial Odyssey I too, which is actually more than A Martial Odyssey 2.

Cheers everyone and fun read!

Please send in your comments!

Quote Originally Posted by Avidfan View Post
    Thanks Szfong and Geraldsaw =)

I also hope to see more request for A Martial Odyssey 2, so that I can have more drive to continue it =)

It is also great to see that there are readers that continue to read A Martial Odyssey I too, which is actually more than A Martial Odyssey 2.

Cheers everyone and fun read!

Please send in your comments!
    It appears only Geraldsaw and I are the only ones commenting in this thread even-though there are more than 520 views so far while your previous thread has in excess of 66 thousand views..... Most are "Lurkers" I believe you have alot or even a majority of fans who is reading your story but not registered w/ spcnet, so they may not wish and/or have the ability to comment....

It appears only Geraldsaw and I are the only ones commenting in this thread even-though there are more than 520 views so far while your previous thread has in excess of 66 thousand views..... Most are "Lurkers" I believe you have alot or even a majority of fans who is reading your story but not registered w/ spcnet, so they may not wish and/or have the ability to comment....
    I am actually rereading the entire Martial Odyssey 1. The first read was chomping away, swallowing whole chunks. But now its a slow and enthralling read, slowly savoring the bits and morsels that I missed. Eg. the time when Lele and Yi Ping found the scroll and the Dark Echo. Remembered the scroll but did not pick up on the sword. This is actually a wonderful read. And I speak from 50 years of reading sic fi and fantasy. Thanks once again AvidFan.

Wow! Avidfan, thanks a million for the continuation of AMO! Great works!

Quote Originally Posted by harihari View Post
    Wow! Avidfan, thanks a million for the continuation of AMO! Great works!
    Hi Harihari ^^

Sorry for the late reply. Glad you are enjoying it!
    Thanks for your continue support too!