Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ode to Gallantry 《侠客行》 - Cai Yida, Zhang Jiani, Li Jingyang

Think this is coming out on 20th September. That's what this site said http://www.lelekan.com/playtime/249957.html
    Last edited by The Mighty Bob; 09-10-16 at 07:44 PM.

Good to hear, any news if remake of a heaven sword and flying fox started yet

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Bob View Post
    Think this is coming out on 20th September. That's what this site said http://www.lelekan.com/playtime/249957.html
    Thanks a lot! I hope this is true .. have been looking forward for this.

what happened to this show? is it released yet?

Any update about the show?

Really hope this series will come out soon. The trailer looks impressive.

Wink

Is this still in production? Any news of this show or producer Zhang JiZhong?

Condor Heroes 2017 is already aired and now there is gonna be a new Xiao Au Jiang Hu but what about this show?

Wink

I'm not sure about the song from this video. I think it's fan made. However the scenes from this video is definitely new. Well at least I haven't seen them before.

I sure hope this series can be as famous as Condor Heroes and Xiao Au Jiang Hu. It's a wonderful novel.
    What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by GazingStar5 View Post
    I'm not sure about the song from this video. I think it's fan made. However the scenes from this video is definitely new. Well at least I haven't seen them before.
    The scenes are all from the original trailer, plus some promotional pics at the end. no new content here.

I sure hope this series can be as famous as Condor Heroes and Xiao Au Jiang Hu. It's a wonderful novel. What do you guys think?
    Yes, that would definetely be great
    Xia Ke Xing is my favorite Jin Yong novel after all

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by shǎ gēge View Post
    The scenes are all from the original trailer, plus some promotional pics at the end. no new content here.

Yes, that would definetely be great
    Xia Ke Xing is my favorite Jin Yong novel after all

What about the music? Is it actually from the show?
    From this video, it look like it's actual music from the show.

However from the other video, it look like it fan made?

Can you show the original trailer you're talking about? I haven't seen it. Is it also a music video or does it have actual scenes with person talking?

What do you think of the 2003 version? I like it compared to the 1989 version by TVB Hong Kong. The 1989 version was too comical and not making the story any great.

What about the music? Is it actually from the show?
    no, it probably isn't.

From this video, it look like it's actual music from the show.
    This is official, yes.
    Can you show the original trailer you're talking about? I haven't seen it.
    Here you go:

it reloops in the middle, but all of the trailer is in it.

What do you think of the 2003 version? I like it compared to the 1989 version by TVB Hong Kong. The 1989 version was too comical and not making the story any great.
    2003 was pretty good, although i rather disliked Wu Jian in the main roles. Cai Yida looks more promising. I never watched 1989 so i cannot judge that.

PS: i'm working on an engsub for the trailer.

i nearly watch the 2003 version, thanks to this thread, i think i better wait for a few months for the 2017 version
    the actors and actress are not well-known, how many tv series success without any well-known actor?

Here's an update for you guys on why this series hasn't aired.

https://www.zhihu.com/question/54642532

For those that can't read Chinese. Someone asked Zhang Ji Zhong why his show hasn't aired. He replied that he just split from his wife and had to give the rights to three of his newly shot series (including this one) to his wife. So it's not up to him whether or not it will air. Kind of a dumb reason for the show not to air, a personal affair affecting the hard work of probably hundreds of cast and crew. But there you go. He says he has no idea when it will air at this point, or if it will even air.

i heard from my local fellow that this show would be released on july 7, 2017 @cctv-8
    could someone confirm it?

I heard it, too. Aired on 7/7/17. 32 episodes.

Oh my gawd please let this be true 😱

Quote Originally Posted by ihavequestion View Post
    I heard it, too. Aired on 7/7/17. 32 episodes.
    Looks like the date's confirmed. Also, quite interesting part of his weibo discussing his fondness of Jin Yong's works. http://www.dramapanda.com/2017/06/zh...antry-and.html

Banned

http://www.dramapanda.com/2017/06/zh...antry-and.html

Zhang Jizhong on Ode to Gallantry and becoming a Jin Yong fan

posted by Anne J on June 26, 2017

Produce Director Zhang Ji Zhong has taken to social media to announce that his upcoming wuxia adaptation of the Jin Yong novel Ode to Gallantry is finally scheduled to air on the small screen on July 7, 2017. ** we have paraphrased parts of his weibo post below **

It is my eighth Jin Yong drama adaptation and my reason for choosing this particular novel is because it explores the simpler and deeper meanings behind a person's growth. The story revolves around Shi Po Tian and Shi Zhong Yu, two brothers who look exactly alike yet are exposed to entirely different environments. The brother that is blessed with all the luxuries cannot compare to the one who was left to fend for himself on the streets in the companion of a dog.

The brothers differences are worth contemplating as it raises many questions. "What kind of environment should people grow up in? How do we keep our hearts pure? What kind of person should we become? Should we be like Shi Zhong Yu who tries to outsmart others through trickery and cunningness or be like Shi Po Tian who is an honest man through and through? Ode to Gallantry has even more morals to share. For example, the world fears Xia Ke Island but the only thing keeping the people trapped in the island are their own desires as the island is just a symbol.

My appreciation for Jin Yong began in 1987 when I read a pirated copy of Smiling Proud Wanderer. I was an actor in Shanxi and was intrigued to the point of no return, becoming a diehard Jin Yong fan. Before that, I used to read wuxia classics like Water Margin, Three Heroes and Five Gallants, etc.

Jin Yong's work represented the new generation of wuxia, it was gracefully romantic and majestic in stature, traditional yet carefree. Every time I read a chapter, it was like being fully immersed in the moment. Mr. Jin Yong's incredible understanding for Chinese traditions and culture and his sharp observations and interpretations of human nature led to the creation of the men and women of jianghu whose values are inherently ingrained in Chinese culture. Every person can see a shadow of themselves and it reverberated with my outlook on the world.

During those years, the Jin Yong dramas that we saw were Hong Kong productions, but the sceneries can be limited. At that time, I thought of creating a Chinese style wuxia. Maybe it was a meeting of the minds but after filming Water Margin and Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Mr. Jin Yong said this on the newspaper, "If China can film my works in the same way that they made Water Margin and Three Kingdoms, I am willing to give away the rights for one dollar."

Upon seeing the news, I was ecstatic and I immediately wrote Mr. Jin Yong a letter to convey our intentions. Mr. Jin Yong responded on the second day and we met in Hanzhou to sign a contract that is historical in significance. As promised, Mr. Jin Yong gave the rights to Smiling Proud Wanderer for one dollar and one year later, the drama adaptation aired on CCTV, earnings ratings of 19%.

Since then, armed with the utmost respect for Jin Yong's wuxia novels, I have been continually making drama adaptations, hoping to turn it into a series. Coming from the viewpoint of a fan, I try to be loyal to the original, to keep the romantic and heroic spirit of a Jin Yong wuxia and to share it with the viewers of today.

I have never watched this series before. Do post the youtube videos when they are out. Thanking in advance.
    Last edited by wkeej; 06-28-17 at 11:36 PM.

this series tells story about twin brothers right? does it similar to gu long's proud of twins where both of them have a different path of life?