Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu by Giddens Ko (功夫-九把刀)

No 13 y.o. boy should worry about a girl.

EDIT: Yess.. 2 times in a row "top of page" post !!

Quote Originally Posted by balikpapan View Post
    No 13 y.o. boy should worry about a girl.

EDIT: Yess.. 2 times in a row "top of page" post !!
    Haha. Wait, isn't that the only thing most 13 year old boys worry about? ......... haha
    Current Translation: I Shall Seal the Heavens
    Recommended Translation: Heroes Shed No Tears

A first glance at the way (2)

Shes my very best friend, I pleaded. Even if shes the only one who believes me, thats good enough!

The purpose of studying kung fu is not to gain approval. The purpose is justice. Because our purpose is to pursue justice, we are forced to conceal our true powers. Even if others look down upon us, we must treat it as mental test.

I wiped my tears away and said, So even later, even if I master kung fu, I cant let anyone know?

Master nodded.

I was a little sad. Then, Im going to look like an idiot for my whole life?

Master nodded.

I knew there was no point in asking, because Master himself was a grim example.

I was a little angry. Then whats the point of studying kung fu at all?! I exclaimed.

Master gripped my shoulders tightly. Son, he said sincerely, you will understand!

I dont understand! I said loudly. Bad guys nowadays use guns. Whats the point of learning kung fu?!

Masters hands gripped me firmly. You will understand! he said tenderly. When the time comes, you will instinctively know that you should reveal your kung fu.

I glared at Master angrily.

There is something in the world called justice. Masters face suddenly seemed much older. In a hoarse voice, he said, It dwells in the depths of your soul, and will surge forth, unable to be contained. This is the way of justice.

I sat there dejectedly, looking at the space where the wall used to be.

Continue your studies. The time will come, said master, his legs crossed and eyes closed.

Ah

Yan Shaoyuan! Im going to tell your mother!

I looked at Ah Yi standing there smoking. Ah Lun was keeping watch.

Have you gone crazy lately? Squawking out all day, ruining my naps in class. He blew out a cloud of smoke.

I squatted down. I cant help it. I have a goal, and its not an easy thing. Do you know how difficult it is for a middle-school student to set an objective in life?

Ah Yi spit his cigarette butt onto the ground. Then what are you doing ignoring Yi Jing? Dont you two usually get along great? You havent talked to each other for what, a week?

I nodded, staring at the basketball courts. Its her fault.

You little punk, said Ah Yi. Can you at least tell me and Ah Lun why youre squawking from morning to night?

I shook my head firmly. Even if I told you, you wouldnt believe it. And I dont want to deal with that.

****! Just say it!

I said no and I meant it, I responded resolutely. If you want to know, go ask Yi Jing."

Ah Yi snorted. I asked her a bunch of times already, she wouldnt say anything.

I didnt even respond.

When are you planning to make up with her? Ah Yi asked.

I sat down helplessly. I dont know. It wont go on forever, but, Im really annoyed right now.

Just then, two third-year upperclassmen came running up. They were Ah Yis friends, or perhaps his subordinates.

Well? Did you beat them up? Ah Yi handed out cigarettes to the two upperclassmen.

One of them laughed. As soon as those Yan Ming Middle school losers heard your name, Ah Yi, their ****ing legs went weak and they didnt dare to even fight back. Zhi Min and the others gave them a good beating.

With a laugh, the other upperclassmen said, Whoever told them to bully students from our school can go to hell! Idiots!

With me here at Changhua Middle school, said Ah Yi ruthlessly, Who the hell dares to cause trouble!

I sat on the ground, watching Ah Yi and his awe-inspiring bearing. I started to wonder how long I would have to keep practicing martial arts before I could win in a fight against a violent maniac like him.

Two more weeks passed. Yi Jing and I still hadnt spoken.

I was very confused and disappointed in the way she was treating me.

But luckily, the number of times I cried out in class had declined rapidly. I was now able to control the movement of the energy within my body. Sometimes, controlling the velocity of the Qi as it passed through the acupuncture points was difficult. It required me to forge ahead into the realm of control.

In the evenings, the strength with which master imbued inner force into my body was stronger and stronger, and it seemed I was able to accept increasingly potent levels of inner force.

It was already winter time, and the weather was turning cold. Frigid wind poured in through the empty hole, and occasionally rain, which made my room humid all the time. But it didnt matter; my body was much stronger thanks to the constant Qi circulation.

Mom practically begged me to move into the living room, but I stuck by my decision to live in the crappiest area of the house. I also refused to allowed her to reconstruct the wall. And that, of course, aroused the ridicule of the neighbors.

Today, I will teach you a foundation among foundations of the Heaven Reaching Sect, the Heaven Reaching Primary Destruction Hand. Master sat in the middle of the hole. It was a moonless night.

Foundation among foundations? I said, astonished. The Heaven Reaching Primary Destruction Hand isnt the most powerful art?

Fool. Even the Eighteen Dragon Subduing Palms [65], which struck terror into the Land of the Rising Sun, has strong points and weak points. Just because you master Eighteen Dragon Subduing Palms doesnt mean you can strike terror into the whole world. Master slapped my head.

Ow. That hurt, I complained.

I never thought that I would be able to learn attacking stances so soon. I was really excited.

To my surprise, Master pulled out a large, dark green bag from behind his back. From within the bag, he pulled out a snake. In order to help you master it more quickly, Ive brought this snake, to help you understand the passages through which your inner energy circulates.

I looked at the black and white striped creature, which appeared to be a large krait snake [66]. You want me to fight it?

No, said Master, sounding a bit hesitant. I want it to bite you.

What? I said in panic. Isnt that a krait snake?

Master rubbed his head apologetically. Yes, its venomous.

I rushed toward the door. No way! Dont make me flip out!

If it bites you, your martial arts will advance much more quickly, said Master earnestly.

I I Ill just advance the normal way! I shouted. Ill follow the rules. One step at a time!

You really dont want to reach the level of a master sooner? asked Master impatiently.

[65] This is a famous high-level martial art from Jin Yongs novels. http://goo.gl/xVY6Pw
    [66] This is a type of highly venomous elapid snake native to Asia. http://goo.gl/0CdjMW
    Last edited by deathblade; 05-27-14 at 11:28 PM. Reason: fixed mistakes found by WesY2K, made a few changes to wording and punctuation

Thanks deathblade

Thanks! The ending was hilarious...
    Last edited by ycb5959; 05-16-14 at 01:10 AM.

Thanks deathblade

Thanks death blade

thanks deathblade

A first glance at the way (3)

I looked at the squirming krait in Masters hand, my face pale. No! I exclaimed. I really am going to flip out! I need to set a good foundation for myself. A solid foundation! Dont take another step forward! Im serious!

Remember when Yang Guo ate the snake venom? His inner force increased tremendously. [57]

Then let me eat it! I howled. Why do you need to have it bite me!

Master seemed at a loss. How can you not understand after Ive said it so many times. Stick out your hand, quickly!

I ripped open the door, wanting to dash downstairs. But Master, fast as lightning, closed it before I could move. His right hand tapped my Ding Dong point[58] and I was immobilized.

He held up the krait and said, Do not be nervous. It was difficult for Master to find you, would he foolishly let you drop dead?

I looked at the krait hissing savagely. I was so scared my teeth were chattering. Theres really no other way to speed things up? I said hurriedly

Master was quiet for a moment. Actually there is, he said. But it is somewhat inconvenient. Although, the result will be double.

Well thats great! I said entreatingly. Inconvenient is no problem. I have a nervous personality, its fitting for such a method.

You have heart. Very good, said Master straightforwardly. I will help you to achieve your goal!

Tears popped out from my eyes. Thank you, Master. I will definitely work very hard!

Master put the krait back into the dark bag, and then leapt out of the hole. He left behind a middle school student with acupuncture points sealed, breathing thankfully in the frigid wind.

Master had lost his mind to torture his disciple in this way. It was a good thing I had entreated

Oh, please! If I hadnt, I would have been dead! I could see the krait wriggling around in the sack. How disgusting.

A short time later, Master reentered through the hole. Look! he said jubilantly.

I looked, and just about fell dead.

In his hand was a real, actual cobra.

If both of them bite you together, their venoms will mix. It will be very fierce and brutal. It will definitely be most inconvenient to improve your martial arts in this way, but the power of the Primary Destruction Hand will be redoubled! Master spoke euphorically, grabbing the krait out of the bag. He had a snake in each hand.

Master, I said weakly, Please let me off.

Master gently held the snakes, guiding their heads toward my arms. The venoms of these two snakes are extremely poisonous. Furthermore, the nature of their toxicity is quite different. When the poison enters your blood stream, it will be very fearsome, almost completely lethal.

I tried to force the Qi through my Ding Dong point, trying to break the Masters sealing technique. My heart was filed with consternation and helplessness. The krait bit my left forearm first, and I felt a stab of pain. Tears streamed from my eyes.

If its almost completely lethal, why would you have them bite me!? I cried out. Quickly! Help me force the poison out!

Master looked at me questioningly. Idiot. I was talking about an ordinary person. You are a practitioner, what are you afraid of? Later on, you will find that most weapons wielded in Jianghu have been coated with poison. If you practice a bit now, you can save yourself from the plots of villains later.

Im going numb! I shrieked miserably. Master, save me!

Do not be anxious, he said consolingly. There is still one more snake to go.

I swore to myself, if I could pass through this, I would definitely resign my discipleship and report Master to the police immediately.

I looked at my forearm, which was slowly growing dark. Teach me how to expel the poison! Quickly!

The snake venom is attacking your blood vessels, Master murmured. Therefore, you must use inner force to encircle it, then force it out of your body. This is a shortcut to speed things up, but it will also train you in the use of inner force, and help you to understand the meticulous and wondrous nature of your acupuncture points. Ah, it bit you.

The cobra gnawed my right forearm viciously. And I glared at Master just as viciously. If I die, Heaven Reaching Sect will close its doors for good!

Master shook his head. You must think of a way to use your inner force to expel the venom. Do not let yourself be flustered.

I ground my teeth. Then teach me! Now! I looked at the cobra clamped onto my right arm and my heart filled with fury.

Master gently opened up my acupuncture point. Then he put the two snakes back into the bag and tied it shut.

I sat down anxiously. Quickly! How do I expel the venom!

My hands were numb, and my head was beginning to feel fuzzy. It seemed my neck was already starting to grow stiff.

Concentrate on the flow of Qi within your body. Slowly bring your inner force into motion, slowly increase its power. Use the Qi to expel the venom."

This was nonsense among nonsense! But I knew it was useless to ask any more questions, so I made every effort to stir the Qi within my bloodstream.

I observed the mingling venoms within my body and implored, Master. If I cant do it, you have to save me!

Master nodded.

I focused more deeply on the venom, using my inner force to hold back the venom in the vicinity of the 10 Great Acupuncture points, so as to prevent it from reaching my heart. For the moment, my life was not at risk.

But, as time passed, I saw that my arms were beginning to blacken. I didnt know how to use my inner force to force out the venom. My head was growing murky. There was no way to know whether or not the venom had seeped into the acupuncture points surrounding my heart. Master, I said urgently, Get ready!

Master nodded.

I was beginning to feel somewhat relieved, but then I noticed something shocking: Master was sleeping!

His constant nodding was actually caused by his snoring!

I was livid, but powerless to call out. My poisoned blood was going to cripple my limbs. I was beginning to consider whether or not to give up on trying to expel the poison, and use my last remaining energy to crawl over and wake up Master.

He was drooling.

One drop after another.

Rage surged through my head, leaving me much more sober.

I had to rely on myself.

I remembered that the reason Master had brought the snakes was Heaven Reaching Primary Destruction Hand.

I abandoned the idea of using inner force to block the poison. I might as well withdraw the inner force from the 10 Great Acupuncture points and use it to catalyze what I could remember of Heaven Reaching Primary Destruction Hand.

Catalyze.

Catalyze.

Catalyze

Ha! I clenched my teeth and my eyes went dark. The inner force shot from Nighttime Song, Nine Fragments, Ox Breath, Flat Ring, Seedling Chestnut, Guarding Flank and finally to Ascending Tide in the middle of the palm and Shifting Heaven on the fingertip. And then it surged out of my body!

[57] If I remember correctly, he actually ate the bile glands of vipers?
    [58] This is one of Masters names for an acupuncture point, not a real name.
    Last edited by deathblade; 05-27-14 at 11:30 PM. Reason: fixed mistakes found by WesY2k, added missing word

Thanks deathblade.

Thanks for latest

Very interesting update. What will happen now?

Thanks heaps! Could not wait for next update

Thanks deathblade

Interesting names for these acupuncture points ....thks for the update, deathblade.

Thanks deathblade!

A first glance at the way (4)

From the center of my palm floated a dark red mist. It turned out I had successfully fuzed the venom with my blood and Qi and then dispelled it.

My spirits rose. Even though I wasnt able to discharge all the poison in one shot, not completely, I patiently continued to catalyze the power through my palm. The dark mist slowly grew thinner and thinner. From what I could tell, poison in my body was almost completely expelled. My arms were turning from black to gray, and then from gray to green.

Several minutes passed, and the sky started to grow light. At this point, I was unable to force any more poison out; my inner force was completely depleted.

Even though I felt as weak as ever, I still had the energy to walk up to master and try to kick him.

No energy? Masters head moved to the side, avoiding my feeble kick. His palm shot forward toward my Flying Dragon point, and I fell down with a flop.

It was then I realized that Master had been awake the whole time. He had been pretending to sleep to force me to do everything in my power to save myself, to completely clear my mind and temper my inner force as quickly as possible.

I wanted to curse, but then I suddenly realized that within my chest burned an amazing and wonderful inner force. It turned out that Masters palm strike had infused me with fresh new troops to battle the poison. I sprung into motion, slapping my palms against the wall. Left behind were black handprints. After checking through my veins and arteries to confirm that they were truly poison-free, I finally relaxed and let out a sigh.

I was very happy.

In the winter of 1986, a year of booming scientific and technological advancement, I was able to use inner force to expel poison from my body and heal myself. And despite my fear, I had done it alone! A primordial feeling of confidence caused me to burst into loud laughter.

Even though I was very happy, my body was still quite weak. Two types of poison had engaged in battle with my inner force for an entire night, and my energy was almost completely gone.

Come here, said Master sleepily, his eyes squinting.

Grinning cheekily, I walked over to master. He placed a burning palm onto the center of my back.

Twenty circulations should be enough. Start. Master slipped into slumber.

I circulated the restorative Qi and began packing my backpack.

I had to laugh.

After experiencing such an annoying, alarming hardship, I could still actually laugh.

Maybe my personality really was undergoing a transformation.

Whats wrong with your arm? Why do you have those scary-looking marks?

I looked at the piece of paper Yi Jing had passed over to me, then tore it into little pieces.

Yi Jing wouldnt believe.

I could hear faint, non-existent laughter.

Thanks - liking this for the unexpected humor!

Thks deathblade ...

Thanks deathblade