Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu by Giddens Ko (功夫-九把刀)

Thanks deathblade!

Very big thanks too.

Bam! (1)

Im not sure when it started, but I ended up following Ah Yi, Ah Lun, Xiao Mi and Yi Jing from a distance when school let out. If you asked me why I didnt just walk by myself, but instead followed them like glue, I really couldnt say. Maybe I was waiting for something.

Today when I ripped up the paper Yi Jing had passed to me, well, maybe I had gone a bit too far.

Walking the little path down Bagua Mountain, I looked at Yi Jing from afar. I could hear them talking. Yeah, due to my increasingly solid inner force foundation, I could now vaguely make out sounds from very long distances.

Suddenly, my heart seized.

It started beating rapidly. Warning me.

There was an aura of death.

Is Master nearby? I looked around suspiciously.

No, it wasnt Master. This aura of death couldnt compare to his.

Well then, whose was it? Could there be other experts of the martial world at large in society?

Off in the distance I saw a group of middle-aged men, wearing leather outfits and colorful plaid shirts, advancing toward Yi Jing and the others. They carried rolled up newspapers. It looked like there were about seven or eight of them.

The aura of death roiled forth evilly from them. I hoped they werent connected to Ah Yi in some way.

As I hurried down the stone steps, I saw them surrounding Ah Yi and the others.

Agck! So it was trouble stirred up by Ah Yi.

Are you the leader, Ah Yi? The man glared at Ah Yi. His face was criss-crossed with knife scars.

What the hell? said Ah Yi snappily.

At this point I was about five paces away from them, but I could sense the terror roiling forth from Ah Yis heart. And theres no need to even mention the intense fear of Yi Jing and the others.

You guys are looking for Ah Yi? Hes still at school playing basketball! Ah Lun grinned and clasped Ah Yis shoulder. Sheng Yao, just hold on a moment, we can go play video games at your house in a bit.

Ah Yi nodded automatically. The faces of everyone in the group were pale white with fear, except for Ah Lun, who had reacted so quickly to the danger.

My fists clenched nervously, wet with sweat.

Dont move! The lead thug grabbed Ah Yi. Lying punk! Youre not Ah Yi? **** you, you ****ing pussy! You dare to mess with my brothers at Yangming Middle school! And you're not ****ing willing to admit it?!

Ah Yis face flickered between green and white. Well, what are you going to do about it?

Sweat dripped down Ah Luns nose. He wiped it away and said, Brothers, if theres something you want to say, lets discuss it. Why dont we allow the ladies to leave first, okay?

One of the men, a burly fellow, pulled an iron rod out from his rolled up newspaper. No one leaves, he said angrily. Come here, drag them into the woods for me!

Two thugs grabbed the trembling Yi Jing and Xiao Mi, dragging them toward the dense woods bordering the mountain path. Ah Lun and Ah Yi had no choice but to follow. In a panic, I tried to calculate the distance to the nearest police station.

No way, it was too far.

Hey! What the hell are you looking at? Come here! One of the men, his neck covered with tattoos, a stick in his hand, pointed at me. I gritted my teeth and walked into the woods.

What are you doing? Ah Lun said angrily, bemoaning the lost chance to get the police.

Yi Jing. I looked at the iron rods carried by the thugs.

The woods.

A good place to beat someone up.

Cold sweat covered my body. My instincts were telling me that we were currently in very real danger.

Theyre all good students, said Ah Yi, his face white. It doesnt have anything to do with them, let them

****er! The husky fellow gave Ah Yi a fierce kick in the stomach. Ah Yi doubled over onto the ground, his face contorted with pain.

An expression of hesitation filled Ah Luns face. He looked at Ah Yi, then looked at me, as if he was trying to pass along some sort of message.

I looked at Yi Jing and Xiao Mi. They were so frightened that they wouldnt look up. Tears streamed down their faces.

Ah Lun nodded slightly.

I understood. No problem.

From my leather handbag I pulled out two thousand-yuan bills and respectfully handed them toward the scar-faced leader. This is for you, sir. Please let the girls go. This doesnt have anything to do with them. We can talk things out after they leave.

The scar-faced thug took the money coldly. You think Im an idiot? Let them go so they can go get the police? Theyre so pretty, it would be such a waste to let them go.

Ah Lun and I suddenly charged toward the thugs holding Yi Jing and Xiao Mi. Run! we shouted.

We fell to the ground with the two thugs. Xiao Mi and Yi Jing tried to run, but they were immediately grabbed from behind by the burly fellow. Ah Lun and I were held tight on the ground.

If you dare to touch those girls, shouted Ah Lun furiously, Ill kill you!

Let them go! yelled Ah Yi. Ill let you beat me up for as long as you want!

I looked at Yi Jing, struggling, her eyes filled with terror.

The scar-faced thug hit Ah Yi in the head with his rod. Blood instantly covered his entire face.

The tattooed thug kicked his head. Laughing, he said, **** your mother! Kill us? You better not get killed first!

Feet kicked down at me randomly. I struggled to rise, blood clouding my eyes. I could faintly make out the sight of some of the thugs groping Yi Jing roughly.

Master. I struggled to my feet, forcing my breath under control.

There was Ah Yi, being beaten underneath a tree. Ah Lun lunged wildly toward Xiao Mi, but then got clocked in the face by one of the thugs rods and fell flat onto his face.

Nighttime Song, Nine Fragments I slowly stretched out my right hand. The thug slammed his rod into my stomach.

I accepted the pain, my legs bending slightly. I continued: Ox Breath, Flat Ring, Seedling Chestnut Guarding Flank

Blood spurted out from my head, but my eyes never left Yi Jings tear-stained face.

****! What the hell are you saying? You trying to cast a spell on us or something? The burly fellow bashed my nose.

Ascending Tide Shifting Heaven, I murmured, blood flowing from my nose.

Still casting a spell! cursed the burly fellow. He raised his iron club.

Bam. My head split open, and blood spattered. However, my palm had already connected with the burly mans chest. His face contorted.

He slowly dropped to the ground, kneeling in front of me.

Everything suddenly became very quiet.

There is something in this world called justice I staggered toward Yi Jing, continuing to recite: Nighttime Song, Nine Fragments Ox Breath Shifting Heaven
    Last edited by deathblade; 05-26-14 at 08:22 AM. Reason: fixed typo, changed wording
    Current Translation: I Shall Seal the Heavens
    Recommended Translation: Heroes Shed No Tears

Thanks deathblade

Thanks! Action time!
    Last edited by ycb5959; 05-26-14 at 01:02 AM.

can someone pls put up a link of a book just like stellar tansformations and coiled dragon about immortals and gods,i have read both of them using bing translate so language isnt a problem.i heard there is another one after stellar transformations so that will be much appreciated.please am begging you am bored,seriously bored doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by qin ping View Post
    can someone pls put up a link of a book just like stellar tansformations and coiled dragon about immortals and gods,i have read both of them using bing translate so language isnt a problem.i heard there is another one after stellar transformations so that will be much appreciated.please am begging you am bored,seriously bored doing nothing.
    Sorry I don't know of any. Probably better to ask in the threads of those stories, I'm sure the translators have a much better idea.

Bam! (2)

****! Two thugs raised their iron clubs and slammed them down onto my shoulders. As my shoulders soaked up the pain, my two palms stretched out towards their midsections.

Bam, I said. The two thugs pupils dilated. Blood vomited from their mouths, and they sank to the ground, grovelling.

The burly fellow holding Yi Jing and Xiao Mi was shocked. Youre possessed!

The scar-faced leader looked stupefied. You freak! He walked toward me, brandishing his iron club.

Tilting my head in satisfaction, I strode toward Yi Jing. Why didnt you believe me? I said perfunctorily.

Yi Jing could only cry.

Why are you crying? I asked numbly. And then I chokingly said: Ah!!!

The scar-faced thug had wrapped his hands around my neck from behind.

Stop hurting him! cried Yi Jing.

I was almost dragged into unconsciousness, but I forced my palm toward the thugs chin. His eyes went wide, and the hands on my neck loosened.

His face raised toward the heavens, and he slowly dropped to the ground like a de-stringed marionette.

I can do kung fu, I coughed. Im going to save you.

The burly man looked at the glazed eyes of his scar-faced leader. He was so scared that he instantly released Yi Jing and Xiao Mi, then turned and made to run off.

Bam! My palm landed right in the middle of the burly fellows back. He fell to the ground with a thud. The three thugs who had been beating Ah Yi and Ah Lun scattered in a panic and fled out of the woods. As they left they chanted under their breaths, Praise to Amitābha. [69]

My head was woozy, but the image of the burly fellow was branded in my mind. I squatted down next to him, and gave him bam three more times. Bam until he woke up and then passed out again and then woke up again.

I wanted to bam him a hundred times, but I didnt have the energy.

I lifted my head and saw Ah Lun helping the girls. And then, I fell asleep.

Mom?

When I woke up, I was laying on the sofa in the living room.

Your classmates brought you here. Youve been causing a ruckus in class lately, and now youve been fighting! When your father gets back, hell beat you to death! Mom wiped my face with a cloth.

I closed my eyes and began circulating my energy through my blood vessels.

I had saved Yi Jing.

I was very happy.

Tears filled my eyes.

There was a note in my backpack.

Thank you. I am really sorry.

They were six simple characters, but they sent my inner force roiling. In a twinkling, I had completed eighteen full circulations.

Master, I want to become an ultimate expert! I gave a loud shout toward the giant hole.

Great! This is the correct thinking! Master stood next to me, looking quite satisfied.

My body was covered with Merchurochrome medicine, Crystal Violet medicine, Guangdong alfalfa powder, and Green Oil . I stretched my body, invigorated, not feeling an ounce of pain. [70]

You used your martial arts today! Master sat cross-legged on the bed. Jianghu is filled with trials and hardships, but you should avoid fighting. You did end up fighting, but Master believes that you comprehend the importance of justice. You had no choice but to fight, correct?

Right! I defeated a group of scoundrels! And I saved the girl I love! I circulated my inner force, excited.

You saved the girl you love murmured Master to himself. His eyes suddenly became empty.

I looked at him and gingerly asked, Was it not the right thing to do?

Master shook his head and sighed. No. You did great. Master is very pleased

Ever since filling my body with inner force, I could not only sense auras of death, I could also feel the whole gamut of emotions emitted by others. Right now, Master had slipped back into grievous memories of the past.

I suddenly realized that I knew almost nothing about Master. I only knew that he was an old man who possessed amazing powers. He had traveled to the four corners of the earth before finding me. Every night he would jump through the hole into my room and happily teach his lucky disciple.

I sat down next to him. Master, I said. Where do you live?

I have a place in Yuanlin[71], he said, sounding lonely. But I usually dont go back there. When Im sleepy, I just find a tree, climb up and fall to sleep.

Master really was a sad, lonely old man.

Master, if youd like, you can always sleep here.

With a laugh, he said, It doesnt matter. Sleeping in trees is another type of kung fu. Sooner or later you will need to do it too.

I sensed a bit of coldness, and forced myself to laugh. Lets worry about that later. I asked another question: Master, I dont know your name. Why did you end up studying kung fu? What was your master like?

As I asked my three questions, Master closed his eyes and waved his hand, indicating that I shouldnt inquire.

One day, you will know. Tears seeped from his eyes, and he suddenly looked much older.

I sat quietly by his side, sadness welling up from my heart.

After a while, Master spoke. Lets continue with your practice. You need to work hard tonight. He pulled the two snakes out from the bag again.

I nodded, courageously sticking out my arms.

Even though they trembled uncontrollably, I couldnt stop from asking, What kind of snakes did you bring this time?

Things went back to the way they used to be with Yi Jing. We talked and laughed.

The only difference was, when we got out of class, Yi Jing grabbed me and asked about all the interesting things that had happened when I was practicing martial arts. And of course, many of Masters absurd recollections of records of the martial world left Yi Jing in stitches. When she heard about my all-night battles with the snake venom, she rubbed the bite marks on my arms in shock and asked me if I was sure my life wasnt in danger.

When school let out at the end of the day, Yi Jing quietly held my hand. Held it tightly.

My heart beat faster than it had when Master emitted his aura of death.

Yi Jing didnt dare to look at me. Her face flushed, she said, Can you let me feel your kung fu please?

My whole body felt like it was on fire. I transferred some of my inner force into Yi Jings palm.

The warm, gentle inner force circulated back and forth between our small, tightly clasped hands.

[69] This is one of the standard chants in Buddhism. And Amitābha is one of the most common Buddhas. http://goo.gl/iJs2Cb
    [70] Heres a list of all the medicines: 1) Merchurochrome is a type of medicine that stains your skin red. The literal Chinese translation is red potion. http://goo.gl/TsHgJ 2) Crystal Violet medicine: http://goo.gl/Z20fho. 3) Guangdong alfalfa powder, I could only find Chinese articles, no English. 4) Green oil is a super common type of medicine in China http://goo.gl/xpNQXM
    [71] Another city in Changhua county: http://goo.gl/qQ3SpS
    Last edited by deathblade; 05-27-14 at 11:32 PM. Reason: fixed mistakes found by WesY2K, fixed mistake found by LuDongBin

Thanks deathblade

Thks deathblade.

Typo:?
    Sooner or later you will need to do it to. ... too

Thanks - fast one!

Awesome, deathblade. Happy days!

Quote Originally Posted by deathblade View Post

Yi Jing didnt dare to look at me. Her face flushed, she said, Can you let me feel your kung fu please?

My whole body felt like it was on fire.

I had to remind myself, that I wasn't reading Step into the Past

Thanks so much for all your translation effort, Deathblade!

You have to tell me sometime what all these **** mean ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by qin ping View Post
    Well, related to this book: you could start reading the "Legend of the Swordsman from Mount Zu" series by Huanzhulouzhu. ;-)

I'm in a rush so I can't respond to everyone and fix the mistakes now. Will do it later. Next update coming in about 3 minutes

Bam! (3)

That night, the setting sun was beautiful.

I will never forget it for my entire life.

I have to mention Ah Yi now.

He is a natural born fighter. So the day after I bammed the thugs down, he came to me, wrapped in gauze bandages, and begged me to take him to become a disciple.

I already asked Master, but he said he wouldnt accept you, I said awkwardly.

Why?! Because I hit him? Worst case scenario, Ill let him beat me in return! A true man has the courage to accept the consequences of his actions! Ah Yi gripped my shoulder tightly. It hurt.

That was just a secondary matter. Master said you dont have the natural ability. Ah Yi didnt look convinced. Ai, fine, Ill ask him again for you!

Ah Yi banged his fist on the table. How could I not have ability! You do, why dont I? Tonight, Ill go myself to beg him. Ill show off a move or two and hell see how awesome I am! Hell definitely accept me!

But Ah Yi really didnt have the natural ability. As he was speaking, I continuously emitted an aura of death, but he couldnt sense it at all.

Yet, I still took him to see Master. He was my friend, after all, and it would be much more fun for two people to study martial arts together than only one.

If I could go back in time, I wouldnt take Ah Yi to see Master.

It was the prologue to tragedy.

Ah Yi stood next to me, standing tall, his chest stuck out, showing off his physique.

Master looked at him for a moment. Then, shaking his head, he said, This kid wont do.

I wont do? said Ah Yi, surprised. Then how can Shao Yuan become your disciple?

Master frowned, sitting down cross-legged. Your natural ability is even worse than mine was. What good is an impressive frame?

Ah Yi kneeled down. Master! he said sincerely. I wholeheartedly want to study kung fu with you. If my natural ability is poor, then Ill study exponentially harder! I wont do any schoolwork at all, Ill devote all my time to practicing kung fu. I dont care! I want to become powerful!

I looked down at Ah Yi. Id never imagined he would be so focused on martial matters. So I decided to try to help him out. Ah Yis not a bad guy, he just likes to stand up for others. Natural ability well, Master, you must have some other martial arts you can teach, right?

Master glared at me for a moment, and then looked back at the kneeling Ah Yi. Let me ask you. After you become powerful, what will you do?

With a bellow, Ah Yi declared: I want to use my unmatchable courage and superhuman intelligence to strike out against criminals and champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, and the powerless!

As Ah Yi shouted out some of the opening lines of Knight Rider, which was really popular that year, he really seemed like he was Michael Knight driving KITT. [72]

Master listened blankly. After a while, he said, You have superhuman intelligence?

Yes! he shouted fervently.

Master looked at me. Does he? he asked.

I was forced to nod. Hes really smart.

It was true. If Ah Yi applied himself, he could easily displace the top names in the monthly exams.

Master closed his eyes, and then finally nodded. You must remember, having high level kung fu is secondary. Acting in defiance of the law or public good is strictly forbidden. A true hero and swordsman serves the country and the people. Kowtow!

Ah Yi went wild with joy, kowtowing vigorously and shouting, Master! Master! Master! Master!

Master helped up the somewhat woozy Ah Yi. Suspiciously, he said, Does this kid really have superhuman intelligence?

A fencing sword is not sharp, I replied vaguely. Skill is more important than form.

Master shook his head and had Ah Yi sit down cross-legged. If we were to compare natural ability to weaponry, you and the Sect Founder would be divine swords. Master would be a machete, and Ah Yi would be a hammer.

Master, said Ah Yi earnestly, Youve judged me wrong.

I tried to smooth things over by following up on what Master had just said. What kind of person was the Sect Founder?

Master hesitated a moment. Some things, when the time is right, you two

Master, I said hurriedly, I want to know more about you, and I want to know more about the Heaven Reaching Sect.

Ah Yi rested his head in his hands. Yeah! Yuan Zai joined the Sect so long ago, but he doesnt know anything.

Master knocked Ah Yis head. Call him Senior Disciple! Yuan Zai is your Senior Fellow Disciple! The Heaven Reaching Sect has a system of seniority. The rules of seniority among disciples are a foundation among foundations.

Ah Yis face did not look happy, but he said, Senior Disciple!

It felt really weird to me, but I forced myself to reply, Junior Disciple!

Master looked at us and said, Fellow disciples should have happy and harmonious dealings. They must support each other, and will never shy away from sacrificing their own lives to ensure the wellbeing of the other. This shared spirit of chivalry is a source of blessings for the common people. If any member of the Sect uses the kung fu they have learned to hurt innocent people, I will be forced to cripple all the martial arts in his body, and perhaps even take his life. Remember this!

Yes! we responded in unison. Master!

Master rose and walked over to stand in the cold wind next to the hole. He lowered his head, as if he were hesitating about something.

Ah Yis whole body was shivering. He grabbed my quilt and wrapped himself up in it.

About ten minutes passed, and then finally Master began to speak.

The Heaven Reaching Sect was founded during the Yuan Dynasty [73]. The great Founder was surnamed Gao. His given name was Chengshu, but everyone in Jianghu called him Curly-haired old Gao. The year that he founded the sect, he cleared out eight bandit camps in a single breath. It caused a stir in orthodox and unorthodox circles alike! Then, at the foot of Mount Song he competed against Shaolin. Three days and three nights passed, and in the end he smashed the best martial arts of Shaolins lead fighter. The name Heaven Reaching Sect became known to everyone under heaven! As he recounted the history of the Heaven Reaching Sect, Masters voice slowly became vibrant and filled with excitement.

Whoah! Shaolins Muscle and Tendon Changing Classic and their 72 Consummate Skills [74] cant match up to the Heaven Reaching Primary Destruction Hand?!

The Muscle and Tendon Changing Classic is amazing, said Master sternly. But what was also amazing was Shaolins ability to accumulate prostitutes. The Shaolin Masters were so entranced by the charms of women that their power was not like it was in the past.

Confused, Ah Yi said, Isnt everyone in Shaolin Temple a monk? Monks can be with prostitutes?

Master sighed. Shaolins 72 Consummate prostitutes [75], each as beautiful as a flower. Many old monks couldnt control themselves, and violated the tenants of the extremely manly Virgin Kung Fu [76]. Their martial arts declined, and a sterling reputation earned over hundreds of years saw a huge setback.

[72] Im sure I dont need to explain Knight Rider http://goo.gl/rvG36
    [73] The Yuan Dynasty was the period of time in which the Mongols ruled China, during the 1200-1300s. http://goo.gl/xrZkZm
    [74] These are both real martial arts of Shaolin, which of course also make their appearances in wuxi a novels. http://goo.gl/0thpr http://goo.gl/TfTyfS
    [75] In Chinese the word for skill and the word for prostitute have the same pronunciation but different characters. By switching that one character, well you can see the result.
    [76] Virgin Kung Fu is a real Shaolin art. It was also mentioned in my 7 Killers translation. http://goo.gl/ZLiK5M
    Last edited by deathblade; 05-28-14 at 12:19 AM. Reason: fixed mistake found by 9Dragons, fixed mistake found by WesY2K, forum edited out w-h-o-r-e, so I changed from "w-h-o-r-e" to "prostitute"

Thanks!
    Keep it coming - it's getting ridiculously hilarious!

Wow. Getting interestingly. Thanks for the update.

Thanks deathblade

Thanks heaps! deathblade