Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu by Giddens Ko (功夫-九把刀)

Thanks deathblade

Thanks for fresh update!

thanks deathblade

thanks for the updates...really great chapter
    Check out WXFS translated comic of Tian Long Ba Bu
    Last updated: 02/04/2008

Justice and the Law (5)

Lets go out and look for Master, I suggested. We can get a midnight snack while were at it.

Alright, yawned Ah Yi. What do we eat?

The correct question should be: how do we find Master?

We went to the night market in front of the county government building, and went to all the food stalls that we had previously eaten at with Master.

It wasnt the most diligent of search methods; after all, the chances of Master showing up here were really small. Might as well just say we came to fill up our stomachs.

And then, Ah Yi reached out and pinched me.

I followed his gaze until I saw three tough guys squeezed together in front of a stall.

One of them was the unlucky skinny guy who Ah Yi had sent flying with a palm strike. The three of them were having a profanity-laced discussion about last nights events. Ah Yi and I sat down and ordered two plates of sesame noodles and two bowls of pig intestine soup.

Brother Feng must have really been scared, said one of the toughs. Otherwise why would he let you have so much time off?

Yeah right, said the skinny guy. I have to go back in a little bit to take a shift. Theres a lot of us, so rotating through takes a while. I still have time to get back.

The other tough said, Mother****er! If Brother Feng knew who the morons are that scared him, theyd be dead.

The skinny guy laughed. Exactly. A couple dozen guys with guns, it dont matter if those two morons can fight, theyd be on their way to the grave in two or three seconds.

The skinny guy suddenly lowered his voice, Too bad for that girl from last night. After she saw Brother Feng get humiliated, he took her back and pumped her up with so many drugs she ODd. We wrapped the corpse up in a trash bag and dropped her in the river somewhere.

Ah Yi and I had developed incredible hearing, so we heard the skinny guys whispers quite clearly.

It felt like my ears were on fire. The chopsticks in my hand snapped.

One of the other toughs said, Dying that way isnt bad. Its better than being beaten to death by Brother Feng like that call girl from this afternoon. Getting caught up in one of his rages is really unlucky.

The three of them threw some money down and left. Ah Yi and I hadnt even eaten a bite.

You? I said.

Yeah, replied Ah Yi.

I left some money on the table and began following the three guys, keeping a wide distance.

Ah Yi spotted some people selling masks on the street corner, so he bought two. As for what they were masks of, I cant really remember clearly.

That was because my eyes were filled with the image of the fatty banging his head against the ground last night.

Finally, the skinny guy parted from the other two toughs. With a wave of his hand, he hopped onto a tricked out motorcycle and rode off in the direction of Dapu township [144].

Ah Yi and I jumped up onto the electricity poles and leaped into pursuit.

I knew what kind of mood Ah Yi was in.

Because I felt equally remorseful.

What Master had said was completely correct. The real bad guys truly are beyond any hope.

It was a huge villa, really huge, nestled in the suburbs.

However, despite being so large, the sounds of a woman begging and pleading could not be muffled within.

Ah Yi and I stood in a tree on the hillside behind the big house.

From the auras of death emanating from within the house, it seemed there were at least twenty or more people inside.

Or you could say, at least twenty or more people carrying deadly handguns.

How many? asked Ah Yi.

Twenty plus. I said. There are eight or nine gathered together on the third floor. I bet thats where the fatty is.

What do we do? said Ah Yi, snapped off two sturdy tree branches.

We have to be faster than bullets. My heart was completely resolute.

Faster than bullets. He handed one of the tree branches to me.

Faster than bullets. I stretched out my hand.

High five!

Two masked figures descended from the hillside, landing like ghosts onto the water tower on the roof of the big house.

Theres Standing next to the water tower was a man. He said one word, and then nothing more, ever.

Voices rose below, and auras of death exploded out.

If Ah Yi drifted off, looking like he wanted to say something.

Theres no ifs. I looked at Ah Yi.

No ifs. His eyes suddenly filled with confidence.

No, I said.

Without another word, the two of us flipped down.

Master, how can we win against guns? I asked.

Master: Be faster.

Me: Faster?

Master: Palms are faster than guns, and Qi is faster than bullets.

Me: But Ah Yi and I still cant wield invisible Qi swords yet!

Master: Then use good forms to make up for the lack in speed.

Me: Use good forms to make up for the lack in speed?

Two masked figures flipped down, landing on the fourth floor handrail, and separated.

They A man, too slow in loading his hand gun, suddenly saw blood spurting from his neck. The gun dropped to the ground.

Ah Another guy covered his eyes and cried out. The bullets from his gun smacked into the ground.

Instantly, three men burst out of various bedroom doors. All of them had guns in their hands.

Go back up! I said.

Ah Yi and I flipped up once again toward the water tower. We could hear the sound of bullets flying on the fourth floor.

Below us, everything was in chaos. Gangsters cursed loudly, and the man who had lost his eyes wailed piteously.

Just now there had been a lot of people and a lot of guns. Even if Ah Yi and I attacked with our kung fu, the three other men were too far away. It wasnt a sure thing that we could attack successfully from so far away. So we made a quick decision to jump back up towards the water tower.

Our minds shone with clarity: We could only fight at close quarters, if the distance between us and the gangsters was too great, our chances of getting shot down were also too great.

The only strategy which could ensure our success was to circle around and destroy them one or two at a time.

And so, we decided to fly back and forth from one floor to another, making one quick attack each floor.

Counting the roof we were standing on, the suburban villa had a total of five levels.

Where are they? Ah Yi snapped.

Hold on. I closed my eyes and analyzed the changes in the auras of death in the building.

Hurry up, said Ah Yi anxiously.

Four of them came up to the fourth floor from the third, I said softly. The three from just now are closing in on us. Looking at the metal door next to the water tower, I pushed my mask up onto the top of my head and bit down on my tree-branch sword, the top of which dripped with fresh, red blood.

[144] Dapu township is in Chiayi county, which is south of Changhua. http://tinyurl.com/pd9du84
    Last edited by deathblade; 01-08-15 at 11:51 PM. Reason: minor changes and fixes
    Current Translation: I Shall Seal the Heavens
    Recommended Translation: Heroes Shed No Tears

so now they get serious, thanks deathblade

Aww snap. Shit's gettin' real.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Woot - another update - thanks!

Thanks deathblade

Thanks deathblade

Justice and the Law (6)

Do we go back down to the fourth floor? asked Ah Yi impatiently. Or do we charge the third floor?

Neither, I said. Just cover me. I bit down on the tree branch sword.

Sweat soaked through our thin T-shirts.

For the first time, I experienced the feeling of my life being at great risk.

For the first time, blood pumped through my veins so hard it shook my soul.

For the first time, I had to kill.

Or be killed.

Ah Yi and I stood next to the iron door, our auras of death fully awakened.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Bullets shot through the door, and then three toughs kicked it open and burst through, fanning out left and right.

Or actually, I should say that they tried to fan out left and right.

Bam! My palms swirled, and the three toughs suddenly flew back down the stairs.

Dead.

In a moment like that when my life hung in the balance, I had no spirit for compassion, and in fact could not afford to risk offering it.

When I attack with full strength, the power is pretty much unbeatable.

What now? asked Ah Yi, visibly working hard to control himself.

There are four auras of death on the fourth floor, five auras on the third floor, three on the second, and I think five on the first floor. My perception abilities grew along with my aura of death, to an uncanny height.

Which floor do we go to? asked Ah Yi. Should we just attack the fattys room on the third floor?

Let me think, I said. Whatever we do, were going to need to jump around.

You dont need to think about it. We go to the third floor and take out one or two, then back to the fourth floor and take out one or two, then back to the third floor for another one or two! Then back here again. Underneath the mask, his expression was gradually growing colder and colder.

Third, fourth, third, fifth? I said.

Theyll never be able to predict this attack method, said with certainty.

Thats right. The gunmen on the third floor would never expect that we would skip past the fourth floor attackers. And the guys on the fourth floor would be super confused, and would never expect us to come up from the third floor to attack them. Before the third floor gunmen could gather their wits, we would attack them again! And by the time the four floor guys were ready to shoot, we would be back on the roof.

Under such pressing circumstances, this was a good plan. In a couple moves we could take out most of the gunmen. The leftovers would be easy to take care of (in reality, it wasnt that easy).

Ok, lets do it! I said, slipping my mask back on and gripping my tree branch sword.

Two Jianghu heroes flipped down, landing on the fourth floor railing, and then flipped down again to the third floor.

Shit! The four gunmen on the fourth floor only saw two black shadows flicker past. They had no time to shoot.

But the third floor gunmen werent as lucky. They didnt even have the chance to open their mouth to curse.

I kicked off the railing, my body low as I shot forward. My sword stabbed through one of the gunmens Flying Dragon point. Bullets flew over my back, not fast enough to beat my sword. I twisted my body backwards, chopping my hand towards the groin of the guy shooting at me. He let out a horrible shriek. Another gunman slammed by Ah Yis palm shot through the railing and fell down to the ground.

We were done with the third floor!

On to the fourth!

But luck was not with us! How could we have predicted what would happen next?

We had no way to flip back up to the fourth floor, because the remaining two gunmen had already opened fire!

A fateful moment!

Ah Yis bizarre, shapeless sword technique combined with his strange stances worked well together. Even as the gunman shot, he rolled onto the ground, his sword shooting up and into his opponents jaw.

The other stream of fire slammed into the guy whose groin Id chopped. My face felt warm as red blood splattered across it. I was so scared I was about to go crazy. I slapped the corpse with my palm, sending it flying toward the gunman. He dodged to the side, only to find his neck snapped by Ah Yis cunning sword.

The only thing left on the third floor were pools of blood and five twitching corpses.

The gunmen we could have anticipated.

But our reaction to the life and death situation could not have been.

Wed succeeded not because things went smoothly, but because wed gambled with our lives.

And now our true purpose begantaking care of the evil fatty hiding in the room.

With my sword, I pushed open the iron door leading into the main hall.

The evil fatty hid beyond the main hall, trembling.

I could sense his teeth chattering as he mumbled quavering prayers to Buddha.

What good does it do for a vile creature like this to pray to Buddha?

He begged for mercy from the gods, over and over again.

This was really testing their patience.

Buddha looked down.

And glared with fury!

Ah Yi and I ducked into the main hall.

Does he have a gun? whispered Ah Yi, looking at the room which concealed the fatty.

I nodded. The fattys aura of death barely flickered.

Originally, I had thought to just kick the door open. But then I had a strange feeling.

Ah Yi looked at me questioningly, and was about to say something when I gripped the door handle and slowly turned it. The door opened.

Ah Yi was a little surprised, but he followed my lead as I oh so carefully stuck my head out from behind the wall and looked into the bedroom.

There was a TV on the wall, filled with security camera feeds from all of the corridors.

But there was no one in the room.

Or at least, no one alive.

The body of a girl lay on the bed. Blood oozed out from a hole between her eyes, soaking the bed sheet.

The reek of fresh gore filled the air.

It was so fresh it made me want to throw up.

Ah Yi actually did throw up.

As he vomited he looked at me questioningly.

The answer to the question was in the wardrobe on the side of the room.

Because of the security cameras, the fatty knew wed taken out all the gunmen on the third floor. He killed the girl so she wouldnt reveal his location, trying to trick us into thinking he wasnt there.

That was why hed left the door unlocked for Ah Yi and I.

But he didnt realized that nothing could escape agents of justice.
    Last edited by deathblade; 01-12-15 at 06:54 AM. Reason: made some changes to wording

Thanks deathblade

Thanks for monday blues antidote

thanks deathblade

Sadly, damsels in distress are required to advance Yuan Zai's heroic air. Nicely embedded ethical and philosophical questions on the purpose of utilizing kung fu. Can't totally agree that he was nave to release the evil fatty. Yet, Master's question remains whether you can live with yourself, knowing more innocent lives died due to mercy. Yuan Zai and Ah Yi collaborate well together, one a super sensor detecting multiple baddies on multiple floors and the other a master of the shapeless sword technique. Cool displays of swift reactions in life/death situations.

Quote Originally Posted by 9Dragons View Post
    Sadly, damsels in distress are required to advance Yuan Zai's heroic air. Nicely embedded ethical and philosophical questions on the purpose of utilizing kung fu. Can't totally agree that he was nave to release the evil fatty. Yet, Master's question remains whether you can live with yourself, knowing more innocent lives died due to mercy. Yuan Zai and Ah Yi collaborate well together, one a super sensor detecting multiple baddies on multiple floors and the other a master of the shapeless sword technique. Cool displays of swift reactions in life/death situations.
    The author definitely has something to say with this novel. There's more to this story than just action and adventure... More philosophical stuff to come...

Thanks deathblade

Thks deathblade, looks like you are picking up momentum again ...

Justice and the Law (7)

The victim on the bed only made me feel more guilty and worthy of blame; I hated my hypocrisy.

If not for my cheap pity, this innocent woman might be at home tonight, quilting and giggling as she watched soap operas.

Before, I couldnt wrap my mind around the concept of taking a life and definitely didnt have the courage to commit such a crime. And because of that, I became the accomplice of this evil fatty.

I clenched my fists and stalked wrathfully toward the wardrobe.

Rustling sounds came from within; just like Pandoras box, it concealed something hideously ugly.

This was not for atonement.

This was not for revenge.

This was for justice.

Bam!

I crushed the wardrobe into the wall like a soft cardboard box.

The power of justice twisted it, crammed it, ground it, exploded it into a pulp.

No pitiful cry came from within.

Because neither the wardrobe, nor what it contained, were alive.

Inside the cupboard, what had once been a bad guy, was now a messy pulp.

And my cheap pity.

Finally, said Ah Yi.

Finally, I said.

Ping! Ping! The sound of gunfire came from outside.

The lock on the main halls outer door was shot to pieces by bullets. Ah Yi and I stared dumbly.

Two armed killers kicked the door in, so Ah Yi and I hastily closed the wooden bedroom door. Suddenly, a stream of bullets smashed through it; wood shavings, sparks and smoke filled the air. The two of us cowered in fear on either side of the door.

It looked bad. We were so focused on killing the fat pig that wed forgotten about the gunmen on the fourth, second and first floors!

And now we were trapped in the room, surrounded by a pack of rabid killers.

****! Come out!

**** your mothers!

The killers howled crazily, presumably because theyd surmised their bosss grim circumstances.

Accompanying their cries were bursts of explosive gunfire.

Ah Yi and I covered our ears and screamed in fear.

The wood door had been blown almost completely to bits, and there was almost nothing left but a gaping, smoking hole.

Get outta there! Get outta there! the killers shouted furiously.

The sound of the bullets and the exploding door had sent my mind into chaos.

No! Ah Yi and I couldnt die here!

Bullets flew through the hole of a door, obliterating everything in the room, and forcing our sense of terror higher and higher.

I needed to remain calm.

How many are out there? yelled Ah Yi.

Covering my ears, I shouted, Nine!

Ah Yi looked at me. Ill cover you!

My heart trembled.

Holding his head in his hands, Ah Yi yelled, Im sure! Im sure I can take out five or six. I promise!

I said nothing.

He continued to shout, Dont look back, dont fight! You can get through the rest of them, maybe three or four.

I said nothing.

The bullets flew, destroying everything in the room that could be destroyed.

BOOOOOOOOOOM!

Trust me! called Ah Yi. In five seconds, we go out together.

I laughed. Your sword technique sucks! I yelled. Im gonna get killed!

**** your mother! he yelled back. I wont even let them point their guns at you.

I stood up, gripping my tree branch sword. Youre full of crap! I yelled. My sword technique has always been more powerful than yours! I can take out nine of them! Not one less. Ill cover you!

Ah Yi laughed.

We didnt need to say anything more.

Neither of us would cover the other.

And neither of us needed to be covered.

Because, we were no longer afraid of death.

Actually, we already won tonight! Ah Yi said with a laugh.

I laughed too. In the end, we got to be heroes for one night!

What remained of the wooden door collapsed to the ground, unable to remain standing. The sound of gunfire remained as ceaseless as before.

See you in the afterlife of heroes! yelled Ah Yi.

In the afterlife of heroes! I yelled back. I grabbed my mask and smashed it up.

Our eyes met, and we knew that our devotion to each other was complete.

Two heroes charged forth.

This would be the Yi Jing Swords magnificent debut in Jianghu.

And perhaps its last.

So, I must use it to its utmost extent, win fame in the whole world.

The whole world, nothing less would do.

And yet when it came down to it, I couldnt actually use my sword.

And neither could Ah Yi.

We stood mutely in the doorway, staring at the gunmen as they gasped out piteous wails.

There in the middle of the main hall was a moldy green color.

An old hero wearing a Tang suit.

It was Master!

Master, more powerful than a spirit!

Palms are faster than guns, Qi is faster than bullets, said Master coolly. It is a general principle.

He suddenly extended his hand, and a powerful Qi sword stabbed down toward one of the gunmen laying on the ground.

His forehead split open, and the gun in his hand slowly slid to the ground. His attempted sneak attack had failed miserably.

In this period of time, when you cannot yield Qi swords, said Master apologetically, Perhaps you should study how to use hidden projectile weapons, even though I personally cant.

As for when exactly Master had arrived, and how exactly hed attacked, Ah Yi and I had no idea.

Regardless, we couldnt even speak. But our hearts surged with emotion.

The exact feeling is hard to describe.

Craning his neck, Master looked into the room and said, The work of you two?

I nodded. Master, I cried, I was wrong! I shouldnt have

Master shook his head. You have your own concept of justice. No matter what happens, Master will always be pleased with you.

I couldnt hold back my tears. Master, thank you so much for saving us! I said.

He let out a silly laugh. You two were emitting such powerful auras of death, even if I didnt want to come, it would have been difficult.
    Last edited by deathblade; 01-14-15 at 10:25 PM. Reason: wording changes

Thanks for the comments everyone!

@LuDongBin: yeah, finally. i got derailed for a bit, but I'm back.