Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu by Giddens Ko (功夫-九把刀)

A rival in love (2)

The vagrant had no head.

But he sat on something that looked awfully lot like a head.

Evil, I said to myself furious.

They definitely were enemies, not friends.

Stay calm, said Master slowly. The tip of his metal ruler pointed toward the ground; this was his sword style.

I calmed my heart, and held my sword out in front of me, the tip facing toward my chest. This was the world-shaking Yi Jing Sword form.

Theres something coming! I thought to myself, just as an object fell down from above. We shot to the side.

Bang!

A corpse landed on the ground in front of us.

No blood exploded out from it, because it had been long since drained of blood. The skin had been sliced to pieces with a blade. But the blade wounds would not have been fatal; it looked like the corpses acupuncture points had been sealed before the slaughtering commenced.

This method, no, I should say this savage barbarity, could only have been perpetrated by one person.

Up there, said Master coldly, looking at the window the corpse had been thrown from.

The window was open, and a faint yellow light emanated from within, as well as the stink of fresh blood.

Had a whole family been slaughtered?

Within the flickering yellow light, a shadow moved, and then suddenly something black hurtled out of the window.

Bang!

It was a child.

The childs bones protruded through it skin; clearly Lan Jin had used his remarkable hand strength to perform this kill.

I was no longer afraid.

My fury surged, and I felt like I was about to lose control.

Something is not right, said Master suddenly.

Oh? I responded. The ruler in my hand grew hot.

Then, the shadow within moved again, and another corpse fell down.

Bang!

It landed right in front of me. And this corpse had no eyes

Watch out!

The corpse shot forward, and dazzling flashes of light popped out from within its sleeves.

Right then, a fierce aura of death surged down from above. An attack from two directions!

There were two killers!

Yi Jing sword finally had met a worthy opponent!

The fake corpse had a sword, a steady, pure sword, pure and direct stabbing directly toward my throat.

My mind was blank, but my body was anything but. All my constant training led to gut reaction; my metal ruler shot out, and I took half a step to the left, avoiding the deadly sword and chopping his hand off at the wrist.

I was surprised at my own actions. My body shot forward, and I slapped a palm onto the corpse. But the fake corpse seemed to absorb the blow like a mountain. And then, I suddenly flew backward, my chest feeling as if it were sinking in.

I dont how the fake corpse had landed a palm strike, but I flew backwards, my organs aching, my hands and feet growing cold.

And Master?

He stood in front of me, without his ruler. Currently, the metal ruler was stuck into one of the killers flying dragon point, one of the 10 Great acupuncture points in the human body. The killer grabbed the ruler with his hand, and then sat down next to a plastic water bucket. His face was comprised of two black holes.

Who are you? said Master, looking at the fake corpse. He stood in front of me, so I couldnt actually see.

Lan Jin, he said in a rough voice.

Master shook his head. Impossible. That fellow I just killed had better martial arts than you.

The fake corpse raised his left hand, the hand that I hadnt chopped off. It trembled.

Furthermore, said Master coldly, Lan Jin wouldnt pretend to be a corpse. He wouldnt plot and scheme. He is simply a zombie, a demon.

The fake corpse suddenly cried out, Ahhhhhh, and charged forward. Masters aura of death flared, and his two hands exploded forward. No form or stance, no skill or subtlety, just pure, unrestrained power!

The fake corpse made a plinking sound; its spine flew out its back like a rubber band, and chunks of ribs showered out in all directions.

The fake corpse had become a real corpse. Its top half was plastered to the walls of the small alley, the bottom half just stood there.

Are you okay? Master squatted down next to me and felt my pulse.

It hurts so bad I want to cry, I said weakly.

Thankfully I did not make you come in alone. He let out a deep sigh and then lifted me onto his back.

So you finally agree? I forced out a weak laugh and then fell asleep.

Am I going to die?

That was the first thing I said after I opened my eyes.

Yes, said Master definitively.

How unlucky, I said, closing my eyes.

But not now, he said with a laugh. I felt my body relax a bit.

The Heaven Reaching sects method of treating internal injuries is first to infuse inner force, and then go about strengthening the tendons and blood vessels.

Its really kind of random.

Thankfully, my inner arts were quite solid, plus I had landed a blow on the fake corpse. Otherwise, my ribs would definitely have been snapped and scattered across the ground like crispy shrimp crackers.

Thanks to Master treating me throughout the night, the next day I was pretty much better. I put my backpack on and left behind a yawning Master to go to school.

As I walked, I began thinking hard: why were there so many eyeless people out there calling themselves Lan Jin?

Forget about how they had such incredibly powerful martial arts. Why did they all call themselves Lan Jin?

And not only did they call themselves Lan Jin, they all dug their eyes out.

There could only be one Lan Jin in the world, that was obvious.

Why would a whole group of martial world experts all imitate him? Plus dig their eyes out?

Could it really be that because they didnt want people to realize that they didnt have blue eyes, they just ripped them out?

Why does a group of super experts want to pretend to be Lan Jin?

As I thought about it, my palms began to sweat.

Perhaps the real Lan Jin hadnt been killed by Master. Maybe the four Lan Jin that he had killed did not contain the real one? If that were true, what kind of game was he playing? Just messing with Master? From the way Master had described Lan Jin, he was just a murderous demon, not the type to use cunning schemes.

There was something fishy about the whole thing.
    Last edited by deathblade; 02-04-15 at 11:37 AM. Reason: changed a bit of Master's dialogue style, left out the crucial final line!
    Current Translation: I Shall Seal the Heavens
    Recommended Translation: Heroes Shed No Tears

Intriguing! .... someone using Lan Jin's identity or LJ's clone?

Oh boy oh boy. Four blind Lan Jin's now?! And this time two in a row?!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Thanks!

Edit: hope the ending doesn't turn out to be like the one in Chinese vampire movie "Rigor Mortis"
    Last edited by ycb5959; 02-04-15 at 08:26 PM.

Thanks deathblade

A rival in love (3)

The fishy thing wasnt that Lan Jin might be manipulating everything from behind the scenes. The fishy thing was ... who was Master? That was the key to everything!

According to Master, both he and Lan Jin had magically skipped 300 years of history. But, had Master really done that?

Had Master really emerged from 300 years of slumber in 1974, which was fourteen years ago?

If Master was just a modern-day martial world expert who had a bit of an imagination, then who really was Lan Jin?

If he was just a modern-day martial world expert with an imagination, then where did his martial arts come from?

The numerous Lan Jins we had encountered all had high level martial arts. Where did their martial arts come from?

Id unconsciously slipped into a really dismal mood. The feeling of being weighed down by all these secrets made me feel much more helpless than being told about a mission in which one day we good guys will have to face some really scare bad guys.

Facing all these secrets, especially Masters secrets, made me feel really helpless. I sighed all the way to school.

I was a hero, not a detective!

When I got to the classroom, morning study period hadnt started yet, so I ate my omelet and turned around to tell Yi Jing about the two big events from last night. The first was all the things Masters daughter had told me, and the second, obviously, was my brush with death in the dark alley.

And of course, Ah Yi pulled a bench over, munching on a rice roll and heaving great sighs over having missed the life or death battle. Although, he was super happy that I didnt drag him with me to Yuanlin to do boring detective work.

Yi Jing listened, but didnt have much of a reaction when I finished. She just squinted at me.

Whats wrong? I said, a little disheartened. Id expected her to ask if I was recovering from my injury, stuff like that.

Nothing, she said. Im just a bit nearsighted. And then she went on looking at her English textbook.

My chest hurts a little. As soon as I said it, I suddenly caught a whiff off some sort of fragrant odor.

Yi Jing, are you are you wearing perfume? She never wore perfume, and at that time, it was a big no-no for middle school students to wear perfume in class.

Yeah, she said with a laugh. Does it smell good?

I nodded and then forced myself to ask, Are you mad, or not?

She furrowed her brow. Why would I be mad?

Well, Master and I killed two bad guys last night.

She nodded. You killed people? Thats not good.

I nodded and turned back around sulkily. Her attitude was way too indifferent.

She was definitely mad

But what could be done? Those two were murderers. Forgetting the fact that I had been defending myself, considering that they had cruelly butchered an entire family, they definitely deserved to pay the ultimate price.

And yet, Yi Jing and I had a cold war the entire day. For the most part, I sat on my desk sleeping or practicing internal arts, and Yi Jing memorized English words and ignored me.

When school let out, she packed her bag and walked by herself a few paces ahead of me all the way back. All the way until we reached the corner of the alley by her house, she didnt look back or even say a single word.

How tragic.

I wanted to land a palm strike on my own head.

Thank you, she said, finally turning to face me.

Huh? I was a little stunned, but happy.

Im home now, thanks for walking me back. She smiled.

Youre welcome. I tilted my head. After dinner Ill teach you some lightness arts basics, okay? Its really fun.

Lightness arts? She squinted at me blankly. I have class with my tutor in a second. Bye.

I stood there at the corner blankly, watching as she shut the door.

So she was still mad at me!

I sighed, looking fretfully at my own shadow.

I dont know how long I stood there looking melancholy. Maybe I hoped Yi Jing would look out the window and see my bitter expression.

Whats wrong? said a loud, clear voice.

There was another shadow, next to mine.

I turned around and caught sight of a tall, blonde foreigner. He was young, and in his hand he carried several books. He wore a light yellow shirt and white jeans.

I recognized him.

He was the guy who had evaded my paper airplane sneak attack two years ago. The squid guy!

Hed certainly grown quite a bit taller. What is the deal with foreigners DNA?!

I know you, he said with a smile. Youre Yi Jings friend.

Boyfriend, I said resentfully.

The evening sun shone down on the both of us. He was so tall and dashing. He extended a friendly hand.

I am very pleased to meet you. You and I have a connection. I am currently Yi Jings English tutor. The blonde youth amicably shook my hand. Im afraid I still havent asked your name.

So this squid guy was Yi Jings tutor. I suddenly felt like Id been punched.

Maybe Yi Jing wasnt mad at me at all, but instead had been bewitched by this foreign devil! And she had worn perfume today! Shed had one lesson and had already become a completely different person!

Yan Shaoyuan, I said with a forced smile. Your Chinese is amazing!

My name is Hydra Smith, [158] he said with a magnificent smile. Its good to see you again.

Feeling desolate, I walked back home, my shadow stretched out behind me by the setting sun.

The whole way back, the handsome blondes smile chopped like an axe into my neck. Chop, chop, chop, until I could barely lift my head.

Any girl would be entranced by that pure, resplendent smile. Beneath the gaze of those two blue eyes, even I felt a sense of inferiority.

Powerful kung fu cant compare at all with glamour, especially in our modern police state.

When I got home, I sat listlessly on the bed, sighing helplessly. And then my spirit suddenly rebounded. Because Master leaped in through the hole, his clothes soaked in blood.

[158] In the original text, his name is written in English. As you can see here:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i57.tinypic.com/2dij8fk.jpg')

Thanks!
    [scanning this thread almost daily for my fix]

Uh oh! A romantic rival, and this late into the story! I sense an ominous ending for this girl...

Hydra? .. what a name .. the one with many heads ... hmmmm

Omg, the cliffhangers and the mysteries!! More questions than answers! This is why i quit wafching lost after a few episodes!! Ayeee!!

Could this blonde guy the person who played go with master, at the old folk's home?

Is it truly GO that they played? Or is GO just a codename for kungfu, and that he's actually master's first disciple? And that he's such a genius that he keeps beating master? And master went crazy from losing all the time to his own student?

What was the urgent message that master's daughter wanted to tell master?

Could the 300 yo story really just be a figment of imagination that is parrarel to the reality?

Or is it the main character who is delusional in the first place?

Arrrgghhh!!!! More questions than answers with each chapter!!! Judging from the chapter title, it sounds like the 师妹 will end up with someone else. So depressing!! Im more insomniac now after reading this!!! Arrrghhhh!!!

*boom*

My brain just exploded

Haha, I'm glad everyone is liking the story. Soon everything will be clear!

A rival in love (4)

As soon as Master saw me, he sank to the ground, panting.

I looked, shocked, at the bloodstains on his Tang suit as well as the Qi emanating chaotically from him.

Master! I put my hand onto the center of his back and began helping him regulate his Qi flow.

I am injured, he said quietly, closing his eyes.

Dont talk, I said, in a panic. Thankfully, through my palm I could sense that even though the Qi flowed irregularly through its channels, it was as strong as always. It didnt seem that Master had received serious injuries.

If I rest for a bit, I will be fine. With eyes closed, he brought his breathing under control, then said, Just now I was pursuing an evil member of the provincial Parliament, when I suddenly ran into three killers with very high martial arts.

My heart grew cold. Eyeless killers?

Master nodded.

They called themselves Lan Jin? I asked impatiently.

Master nodded. They all attacked me at once, so I didnt hold back. I killed two and a half of them.

More eyeless people!

Fortunately, those three were not anything like the ultimate killer Lan Jin from my memory. After killing two and a half of them, I received only minor injuries. Color began to return to his face, as well as a notch of perplexity within his frown.

Lets talk about it after your injury is better, okay? My inner force was not weak. I circulated Qi through his 10 major acupuncture points.

Yuan Zai, what do you think? Master said, sounding confused. Why are there so many Lan Jins running around? His Qi directed my own inner force to begin filling his Nine Mountains artery.

No matter how many Lan Jins there are, you can take them all out one by one.

Even though there were so many Lan Jins, I guessed that the real Lan Jin had not emerged.

Perhaps all these Lan Jins were like me, disciples of the real Lan Jin, dispatched by him to kill Master!

Well said. It matters not if they are real or false. Just calling themselves Lan Jin is reason enough to ****ing kill them! Master took a deep breath. All the acupuncture points in his body vibrated, and cracking sounds sounded out from his entire skeleton. A massive flow of inner force expanded, then contracted, sinking back into his acupuncture points. He seemed to be completely recovered from his internal injury.

Your body is so strong and healthy, I sighed.

No kidding. Master slowly opened his eyes. I imagine you are thinking the same thing as your Master. The killers that have appeared over these two days are just like the killers that appeared two years ago. None of them are the real Lan Jin. Perhaps his three hundred year slumber caused him to become a bit muddled. Maybe he forgot how straightforward he used to be, and suddenly decided to start scheming.

I nodded, and Master began unbuttoning his Tang suit. His back was covered with fresh bruises, so I quickly grabbed a bottle of Guangdong Clover powder [159]. I was moving so fast I spilled half the bottle.

Did anything else happen? I asked.

Nothing else. They could only hurt me this little bit. Unfortunately, my Qi was in disarray, so I couldnt pursue the severely injured one. I could only watch him as he fled. His eyes closed once again. But how could someone flee with half their body gone?

Master, I think that the reason the killers eyes have been dug out is definitely not random. I think they want you to question yourself as to whether you really have killed Lan Jin. Or maybe to prevent you from knowing who the real Lan Jin is. As I spoke, I pulled a new Tang suit out of the wardrobe and watched Master brush the white powder off of his back..

This Tang suit was also green. Ah Yi and I had bought it as a present for Master least year during Mid-Autumn festival. [160]

That makes sense. Master accepted the Tang suit and began putting it on.

Im afraid the eyeless killers were trained by the real Lan Jin.

I know. Master slowly opened his eyes. They burned brightly.

He stood up and looked out of the hole. Violet darkness slowly consumed the burning red evening sun. So you have kept your promise to find me. And you have sent some evil toys after me to test my martial arts? You want to see how I have progressed?

I nodded, and my heart began to thump.

I am already prepared for our final battle, Master soliloquized. For I have already planted the seeds of justice. Even should I die, justice will once again sprout and flourish in this age, to shade the hearts of men.

I felt proud.

The darkness had once seemed frightening and full of secret plots, but seeing Master face it, I felt the pulse of Justice settling onto my me.

Yes, the purpose of kung fu is to purge the criminals and bring peace to good people; what need had I to fear my own duty?

Great responsibility always comes with great power. [161]

This is the bravery required of the powerful.

Master turned his head. Tell Ah Yi that starting tomorrow you two must request an extended leave of absence from school. The Heaven Reaching sect will being special training.

Okay! I said loudly.

This time, he said with a laugh, all three of us will become stronger!

Of course.

We would become stronger.

Hop! Hop! Hop! Hop! Hop! Hop! Hop!

Ah Yi had a big chunk of concrete tied to his back.

I had two strapped to my back, secured with an iron chain.

On Masters back, secured by a super thick iron chain, was a huge, heavy chunk of lead. Wed pilfered it from a local factory.

On Ba Gua mountain this early morning, dew poured down amongst the endless trees. Or perhaps it was the sweat of the Heaven Reaching sect.

Yi Jing said Ah Yi. Junior apprentice when she gets to vacation is she going to come practice martial arts with us Ah! He panted, out of breath, as he evaded a colony of insects.

Yes. Hives are landmines amidst the field of lightness arts studies. If youre afraid of getting stung by bees, then dont study lightness arts.

I was truly vexed.

She will or she wont? ahhh! His butt had already been stung by several brave hornets.

She wont! I cried. I was going a bit too slow, and now they colony was after me.

You had a fight? said Master. I can be your intermediary! He was soaked with sweat, and the giant chunk of lead on his back threatened to break the iron chain.

[159] This is some kind of medicine that appears to actually be produced by a Taiwan company. http://tinyurl.com/l4wr9xp
    [160] Mid-Autumn festival is one of the major Chinese holidays. http://tinyurl.com/o4cgn
    [161] Considering the narrators affinity for Western pop-culture Im pretty sure this is supposed to be a Spider-man reference. http://tinyurl.com/42gzhbp
    Last edited by deathblade; 02-06-15 at 01:25 AM. Reason: fixed mistake found by ycb5959

Thanks deathblade

Thanks!!!!

error:
    If I rest for a bit, I will be fine. With eyes clothes, he brought his breathing under control
    Should be "eyes closed"

The killers that have appeared over these two days are just like the killers that appeared two years go.
    Should be "two years ago"
    Last edited by ycb5959; 02-06-15 at 01:12 AM.

Too mysterious. I keep speculating more and more ridiculous scenarios. What if Hydra Smith is Lan Jin? Can't be because he is growing boy who speaks English. What if Master is Lan Jin who trained Hydra Smith at the rest home? Plot hole too big here.

Yuan Zai does not appear to be the unreliable narrator. Yi Jing has been the sanity check. She cried in disbelief when he first gloated over learning martial arts. She also questioned how it was possible for him to advance to such superhuman levels. Guess I need to read more to see Hydra and Yi Jing's (tutoring?) relationship.

How many more eyeless killers? Like Hydra, they multiply in body count in each subsequent attacks.
    Last edited by 9Dragons; 02-06-15 at 12:39 PM.

This is getting too weird. Ponder...

A rival in love (5)

Dont talk to me! I need to concentrate on practicing! My mood sank even lower.

At dusk, find your Hua Maoer and have some hotpot together! Master laughed. The Heaven Reaching sect must maintain harmony.

We didnt have a fight! I said. Inside, I thought to myself, actually, if we did have a fight, it would have been better.

My greatest fear is that even now she was being further wrapped up in her enchantment with that handsome blonde.

After jumping around all morning, Master selected a desolate hilltop, and instructed Ah Yi and I to take turns sparring with him.

Yuan Zai, he said, do you remember your battle two nights ago?

I remember, I said. I barely made it through with my life.

You have experienced rigorous body training, and therefore your speed is much faster than you realize. Your moves are like lightning. Thoughtlessness defeats thought.

That was true. If I had waited to come up with a plan before acting, I would have been killed by the fake corpses attack last night.

Your moves really are like lightning. And not only has your body outpaced your thinking speed, most importantly, your aura of death energized instantly, thus increasing your martial arts ability. Master laughed. It has to do with your natural ability, and in this respect neither Ah Yi nor myself can match up to you.

Ah Yi shook his head. Master, I think youre a bit confused.

Thinking back to the bloody battle, I said, So now we need to train ourselves to move without thinking?

He nodded, but then shook his head. Ah Yis strange sword technique is very creative, but his attack speed is about seventy percent less than your Yi Jing sword. The one who needs to practice thoughtlessness defeats thought is him not you.

I understood a little bit, but was still confused.

Mater looked at the two of us. Actually, the pinnacle of kung fu is thought defeats thoughtlessness, not the other way around.

I took a shot at deciphering Masters words: To reach the level where you can move the sword with your mind, and control your stances with your thoughts, is a realm where you can do anything you wish. Not a state in which you attack and defend without thinking.

Master nodded. Your thinking must take place before you make a move, and for that to happen, your moves must be as swift as the wind and as quick as lighting. You must fight a hundred enemies to reach that point, in which you can make a detailed judgment about complex matters before the true danger begins.

Ah Yi rubbed his eyes. Thats deep. In any case, I need to practice thoughtlessness defeats thought, right?

Correct. Come at me, Ah Yi. Resist me with your very life!

What about me? I asked.

Master tossed a tree branch to Ah Yi. You stand by and watch. Think about your movement and speed, and imagine yourself contending with me.

Ah Yi sighed. Senior apprentice gets to stand by and relax, but I Suddenly Ah Yi flew forward, stabbing his sword toward Masters face. Watch my thoughtlessness defeats thought! he cried.

Master dodged lightly. This sword technique is a hideous mess! he scolded.

Ah Yis strange sword technique seemed to attack each and every one of Masters acupuncture points. And Masters moved like a ghost, finding every weakness in Ah Yis movements; it seemed like he could take his life at any moment.

I stood to the side watching Ah Yi and Master interlocked in their sparring, and sweat poured down my back like a waterfall.

Master really was scary!

The tip of his sword pointed toward the ground, swaying slightly. But Masters movements made Ah Yis crazy forms seem as silly as a village folk dance. In the space of a moment, Ah Yi could have been killed seventeen times.

Before, Master had asked Ah Yi and I to create our own sword stances, because stances created by oneself come from the heart, and are the strongest. The protagonists in wuxia novels usually studied out-dated secret manuals, then passed off the techniques as their own. That is the lowest level of martial arts.

Therefore, Master had never required us to study body movement techniques, and had never corrected our movements before.

That is because there are no incorrect movements. Usually, weaknesses in movement is a matter of insufficient speed, or perhaps problems where stances do not line up correctly with foot placement.

Masters movements and killing intent were entrancing to watch, and made your hair stand on end.

At first my mind could keep ahead of his movements by about one or two stances. But when he flew about with full force, there was nothing I could do to keep up.

Time moved along as the sun crawled along in the sky. Ah Yi had already died over ten thousand times.

My visual comprehension of martial arts became melded into the dance of Master and Ah Yis swords. Suddenly, I picked up a tree branch from the ground and shouted, Switch partners!

Ah Yis mouth dropped open, and Master hit his ding-dong point with his branch sword. He tossed him out of the fighting ring, and then turned to face my Yi Jing sword!

My sword shot forward, and Masters movements flew. My mind raced. I ducked, and then stepped forward to block Masters move. He too stopped, and then flew backwards.

Excellent! Come again! Master seemed very happy. The branch sword in his hand flew forward, and I laughed, my body movements following the power of the sword.

Underneath the scorching afternoon sun, I made my first steps into the highest realm of martial arts ability. Two tree branch swords interlocked in a rhythmic discussion.

Sometimes they argued loudly, sometimes they whispered softly, sometimes they roared, and sometimes life disappeared into their shining brilliance.

Thankfully, my life was taken only thirty-seven times.

Excellent. Now, you sit on the side again and watch, I will test you again in a moment to see how much youve learned. He was incredibly happy. Dropping his sword to the ground, he looked at Ah Yi and said, Ah Yi, it is your turn. This time, you must be faster, much faster!

Ah Yi had just unsealed his acupuncture point, and was itching to have a go. He grabbed his branch sword from the ground.

I sat down off to the side, letting myself blend into the sword energy.

At dusk (yes we sparred all the way until dusk), the three of us played a game which involved tossing giant rocks.

But this type of game was not fun, just very tiring.

We took the big chunks of concrete from earlier in the morning and used inner force to toss them straight up into the air, then caught them as they fell. After that, we would toss them straight up again.

Master looked tired too. After all, continually tossing and catching a giant piece of lead required a massive amount of inner force.

Tossing a chunk of concrete isnt hard at all. But to toss it straight up is. And to repeatedly toss a chunk of concrete straight up is even harder. Furthermore, if you have to wait for it to shoot back down, and then catch it, it isnt just a question of whether you are strong enough, but whether you have enough guts.

Thanks for another update.
    [prompt as usual ]

A rival in love (6)

If you dont catch it right, bones will break, internal injuries will be inflicted, and you will be squashed.

This type of martial arts training technique was borderline psycho, but what was more psycho was the boulder-tossing game was my idea. Maybe I was more similar to Master than I realized. It really was becoming a tradition for the Heaven Reaching sect.

And so the three of us stood there like lunatics underneath the mocking evening sun in a remote part of a Gua mountain, constantly throwing giant rocks into the air. [162]

Dont stop! Master encouraged. Increasing your arm strength can make your stances more stable and quick!

Of course.

Also, this type of arm strength training can also awaken inner force that previously didnt exist. It brings about different results that training on the seafloor.

In the modern era, when people work out, they can lift dumbbells, or perhaps attach lead weights to their ankles and jog. I can only say that modern kids sure have it good.

Thats okay. Making sure they have it good required the Heaven Reaching sect to be out in the deep mountains doing all this unique special training. It required me to toss a giant rock up into the air amidst a shower of dirt. It required rigorous kung fu training.

Are you tired? cried Master.

No! I responded, although my feet were already starting to lose stability.

And thats how it went.

We did special training there on Ba Gua mountain for two weeks, every day until seven or eight oclock. Then we would fly back along the shop signs and electricity poles back into the hole to sleep. We didnt want my and Ah Yis families to think wed gone missing.

And I wanted Yi Jing to be able to find me.

Even though I did everything I was supposed to do Yi Jing never came looking for me.

Not once.

Master kept asking what was going on between the two of us, whether or not I would go after her. But deep in my heart I was very irritated, and just couldnt summon the will to go looking for her.

I really wished that Yi Jing would of her own initiative show her concern for me during this period of special training.

These two weeks I couldnt go to school, so I especially wanted to know if she missed me. Or was she really too busy with her homework? So busy that she couldnt part with her tutor?!

The hotpot boiled and steamed.

Ridiculous! Jinger is a girl. You should be the one to go after her! Master grabbed the hotpot. Still eating?! No! No eating!

I rubbed my belly. Im not full yet!

Master is right, said Ah Yi. Go after Yi Jing. Were going to be having a battle to the death soon with Lan Jin. You need to lose your virginity, so that you dont have any regrets. Who knows whether or not well get killed. Or maybe Lan Jin will cut off our dicks?

What is virginity? asked Master.

Virginity is just a word, it doesnt mean anything, said Ah Yi. Dont worry too much about it, Master.

Oh... he said. But he still wouldnt give me the hotpot. Go find Jinger and talk with her. Then Master will let you eat hotpot.

Fine, Ill leave! I said irritably. You think I dont have money to buy my own food?

With that, I leapt out of the hole.

I walked slowly in a certain direction.

And that direction happened to be toward the person I loved the most.

The light was on in Yi Jings window.

I looked at the doorbell, and then looked at the window.

And then I stared at the window.

What are you doing? I closed my eyes, and focused on sensing the Qi emanating from of her. Im here to see you.

I leaped up onto the tree in the courtyard of their house and then flipped onto the windowsill like a fidgety sparrow. And then I peeped in.

As soon as I saw the inside of the room, my breathing stopped.

My hands and feet grew cold.

Yi Jing lay on the bed giggling.

This type of cute laugh is the type that I would only hear when I secretly tickled her.

Yet right now, it wasnt me next to her, but a pair of limpid, shining blue eyes.

The blue eyes laughed, and Yi Jing laughed, laughed so hard that her eyes glittered.

The blue eyes, which shone like stars, belonged to none other than the tall, dashing English tutorHydra Smith.

Hydra sat next to her, and she lay against his chest. Her pink lips quivered, and she murmured something.

I circulated my inner force, wanting to hear what they were saying. But suddenly, I realized that Hydra wasnt speaking. He caressed her hair, and she was looked into his eyes, laughing.

At that moment, I felt my nose twitching.

And then, my heart stopped.

My love, laying on the legs of a mysterious person, her laughter ringing out like silver bells.

At that moment, I wished I could be killed.

Let a cloud of arrows pierce my wretched body, let a massive Qi sword smash by unbeating heart, let my head tumble into a forgotten valley in the woods, amidst a shower of blood.

I wanted to fight and then die.

What was happening in there now should be happening to me.

It shouldnt be ending like this.

I should have been able to come back from the bloody battle with courage and self-confidence. But now, I understood the message Heaven was sending me.

I would die in battle.

And because of that, Heaven had arranged a good person to take care of Yi Jing for me.

And this good person could enjoy Yi Jings angel-like laughter.

As I watched, I stabbed my own No Crying point, so that my tears would not seep out.

I didnt cry, because I wanted to say Heaven, youre wrong.

Totally wrong.

No one loved Yi Jing more than me

So I would come back alive.

I would come back and marry my Hua Maoer.

You take a good look at my destiny, Heaven. And you, you foreign devil with your filthy DNA. I am putting my life on the line to protect society and Justice, and youre here holding my beloved.

[162] In this part, the author uses a metaphor to compare the rocks to dice, but I couldnt think of a way to fit it in and make it sound right.
    Last edited by deathblade; 02-09-15 at 08:59 AM. Reason: missing word!

oh a double release thanks deathblade