Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu by Giddens Ko (功夫-九把刀)

A decisive battle to span a dreamland (2)

The conductor lifted his baton, and the members of the orchestra straightened up, preparing to begin.

Master nodded, and Ah Yi and I leaped aside and stood next to the stone lions, to keep watch over the heaven-shaking battle.

Are you here to fight for Lan Jin? said Master coldly, lifting up his iron sword.

Hes coming, dont worry. His smile suddenly inverted, and his upper body leaned over. His waist twisted and he hunched his back. His arms flailed almost as if they had no bones. His fine white coat draped onto the ground like a funeral curtain or a quivering sheepskin. It seemed like his skeleton was changing, and his body began to shrink in on itself.

From within the sheepskin shone a hateful pair of wolfs eyes, glowing blue. The wolfs bones cracked and popped, and then from within the sleeve of the long coat emerged a blood red saber.

Lan Jin.

Its you, said Master with a tone of pain. Ive waited for this day for 300 years!

Take out your practice sword. There is nothing better than crossing blades with you. Out of his eyes shot a warlike spirit that I cant even describe. His blood red saber pointed toward the ground. It was so red that it seemed any moment blood would drip off of it onto the ground.

How frightening!

Out from Lan Jins body shot an aura of death so powerful it seemed it could topple the mountains and drain the seas. I almost fell over.

Ah Yi squatted down.

Even he could sense Lan Jins fierce aura of death.

Masters eyes narrowed. Lan Jin! Suddenly, his own aura of death exploded out, filled with sorrow. A sorrow to fill the heaven and earth.

Two matchless auras of death, exploding out and smashing into each other!

Lan Jins blood red saber dashed up the steps.

Masters awe-inspiring iron sword shot down.

Ten Thousand Torrents and a Thousand Crags drifted in the night air.

Stone steps shattered under the feet of the peerless experts.

Master had waited 300 years, not to see the brilliance of crossing swords.

But to take Lan Jins life!

Blades flew.

The iron sword didnt dance about. Master instantly pursued Lan Jins vital points, swift and fierce.

Like a viper, Lan Jins saber blocked Masters iron sword, preventing him from landing any deadly blows.

They didnt avoid each others' blows; saber blocked sword, sword blocked saber. Sparks surrounded them like fireflies, deadly fireflies.

In mere moments, surrounded by the momentous Ten Thousand Torrents and a Thousand Crags, they exchanged over a hundred moves. The scary thing was, neither of them moved their feet from the broken stone steps. Neither of them took a step back, neither of them tried to evade. They just tried to kill.

Masters chin was split. Blood seeped from his right shoulder. His left ear had already flown off to who knows where. But his feet remained planted on the ground, and his eyes focused, not on the flying red saber, but on a pair of blue eyes.

The iron sword in his hand moved without consideration for himself; every blow was meant to destroy the enemy, or at least wound him. I simply couldnt believe it. It seemed Lan Jin couldnt either.

He let out a strange cry, then leaped to the side to avoid the violent maelstrom of Masters sword.

Master looked at him, but didnt pursue him.

Master, he said Ah Yi, looking at Master nervously.

The ground surrounding Master was splattered with blood. And yet, it seemed Lan Jin wasnt injured at all.

It all had come from Master. His right shoulder, right forearm, left ear, chin, and left thigh were all soaked with blood.

But Master was smiling.

Lan Jin, youve become weak! he laughed. Blood dripped down his forehead.

Lan Jins eyes filled with disdain. He pointed his saber out at the level of his chest. Didnt you see the blood on the ground? Whose is it?

Master let out a sigh and then laughingly said, Didnt you see someone run away from my sword? Which bastard was it?

Die, said Lan Jin coldly. He lowered his left shoulder, and then his body spun toward Master. Master leaped into the air, chopping his iron sword mercilessly toward Lan Jins head.

Lan Jin did not try to meet the stance. Instead, the white coat shot backwards as he avoided the sudden attack.

Youre just addicted to being a bastard! shouted Master, flying back down, his iron sword flying toward Lan Jins throat. Lan Jin suddenly shrank down and then shot past Master on the left. Master slid to the right, but Lan Jins saber had already slashed the left side of his chest. Master smiled, and his left finger shot out and up, but Lan Jin jumped backwards as fast as a bullet.

It looked like some of Masters ribs had been broken, and I was worried that the broken bones might damage his organs.

Lan Jin didnt seem to be in good shape either. His face was pale and his chest heaved as he breathed. It looked like he might have been injured by Masters invisible Qi sword.

Come again! cried out Master, lifting up his iron sword with his left hand and holding out his palm with the other. His sleeves rippled. It was the Twin Consummate Palm and Sword technique!

The saber in Lan Jins right hand slashed at a vertical angle, and the finger of his left hand stabbed forward with Qi. Master and he connected, light blazed forth, and the stone stairs were once again smashed, sending pieces flying onto the square. Even my face was hit by some of the shrapnel, and I started to bleed.

Sword Qi, palm Qi, sword energy, palm energy, when they were all mixed together, you would be dead beyond dead.

Bam!

They both shouted out as their palms met in mid-air, and then they shot away from each other with a bang.

Masters feet slammed into the rubble on the ground, and after he stabilized himself, two streams of blood shot out from his nose.

Lan Jins left knee was bent at a strange angle and his sword emitted a low humming sound. Bubbles of blood emerged from his ears.

And then the two of them stood there, motionless. Master stabbed his iron sword into the stone steps and then sealed some of the acupuncture points around his chest. He slowly closed his eyes. Lan Jin also stabbed his blood red saber into the ground, then squatted and stared at Master, breathing heavily.

Two word-class experts, standing behind their weapons. Fighting, then kneeling. What were they waiting for?

Once they drew their weapons, one of them would die.

And then, the orchestras Ten Thousand Torrents and a Thousand Crags started to sound a bit off-key.

My god! yelled the woman with the cello. She dropped her instrument and began to run away.

I cant handle it! yelled the fat man with the drum. He stopped playing and started to run.

Get back here! said the conductor, his face pale. We took the money, we have to keep going!
    Current Translation: I Shall Seal the Heavens
    Recommended Translation: Heroes Shed No Tears

Finally, the encounter! Thks deathblade. You celebrating CNY in Hebei? Happy CNY!

Quote Originally Posted by LuDongBin View Post
    Finally, the encounter! Thks deathblade. You celebrating CNY in Hebei? Happy CNY!
    Yeah, thanks so much. It's snowing here on the first day of the new year!

It was pretty loud last night and this morning so I didn't sleep much, but I'll try to bang out another update later today if possible.

Thanks for the chapter Deathblade!

"What hypnotism had he laid onto her? > use "practiced" or rephrase?
    "'If I dont read it now, I'll never have another chance,' he'd said." > "he said."?
    "discussing this evenings strange concert. > "this evening's"
    "Even if theres not audience, we..." > "no audience"

Well developed story how Yuan Zai focused his disorganized thoughts, while finding motivation for the final battle: for Justice! Loved the mood build up as each scene inched closer to midnight with cliche last words. I pictured the three making a slo-mo dramatic entrance infused with heroic air and music, making it truly wuxia-worthy.

Seemed surreal and amusing for an orchestra accustomed to classical music to play a song just recently released on TVB. Had to laugh. That conductor is a true professional. "Get back here! We took the money, we have to keep going!" Red swords are somewhat common in manhua, but a red saber? Fierce fight from waiting 300 years!

Will be interested to see the new movie, after this translation of course. Happy New Year!

A decisive battle to span a dreamland (3)

The other orchestra members hesitated, their faces covered with fear as they played the wuxia classic.

No money for anyone who leaves! shouted the conductor as he waved his baton.

The woman stopped running.

So did the fat guy.

Because it is difficult for people without heads to run

Two eyeless freaks, or animated corpses as Hydra called them, stood in front of the orchestra, holding the heads of the unfaithful.

Now Ah Yi and I were scared. Theyd finally arrived!

The conductor looked at the wide-eyed faces of the orchestra members, and then turned around questioningly. When he saw the scene, he was so frightened he fell back to sit on the ground. The freaks squeezed the heads between their hands with such pressure that they suddenly popped, blood and brain matter splattering onto the ground.

Please continue, said one of the eyeless freaks in a flat voice.

Its its The conductor was frightened to death, terrified. He kneeled onto the ground and called out, Everyone, dont stop!

No one would stop.

Tears poured down the orchestra members ashen faces. They swallowed collectively, and fervently continued to play Ten Thousand Torrents and a Thousand Crags.

The two eyeless freaks stood there rigidly in front, listening to the musicians, who dared not play off key.

Ah Yi and I held our positions next to the stone lions amidst the surging music, looking at the shattered stone steps.

The sabers Qi formed a circle.

So did the iron swords Qi..

The circles clashed.

The sabers powerful demonic Qi radiated brilliantly, but was instantly suppressed by the dazzling righteous Qi which shot forth from the iron sword. Righteous Qi emanated out in a constant stream, but was immediately deflected by a demonic palm.

The two inner forces contested formlessly. Perhaps victory in this battle would not depend on inner force itself, but on the nature of the Qi.

It seemed neither of them would give up easily. Or I should say, there is no way they would give up.

Masters eyes were still closed.

Lan Jins eyes stared at him hatefully.

I want to ask you something.

Master suddenly sighed, which interrupted the tense, warlike atmosphere.

Lan Jin didnt respond.

In a thoughtful tone, he said, When we were young, we did not talk to each other much. But we learned martial arts together, played together, grew up together. Why did you suddenly go completely crazy?

Lan Jin gaped. After a while he said, I forgot.

Of course Lan Jin forgot. Because what Master was referring to had never happened.

Among Hydras personalities, Lan Jin existed only for the purpose of this game. His cruelty existed only for the game. Actually, Lan Jin was like Masters shadow, his existence meaningless.

Master had his Justice, but Lan Jin, what did he have?

You forgot? asked Master sadly. His eyes seemed to flicker.

I only remember that I was evil and cruel. His blue eyes glowed, and surprisingly, within his fierce killing intent could be sensed a strange misery. It is not important. Tonight, one of us must be felled.

Master nodded lightly. Good.

Lan Jin gave a slight, unexpected smile. Then draw your sword.

Everything would go down in a moment.

Wait! I yelled.

Masters fingers were already touching the iron sword.

What? he said, opening his eyes.

Lan Jin said nothing. He lowered his head, glaring at me.

Lan Jin, I said bravely. Theres something I want to ask you.

Ask, he said, his face expressionless.

Lan Jin, if you defeat my Master, what will you do next?! I shouted.

Masters eyes narrowed. Lan Jins brow furrowed.

Destroy all of the experts in the whole world [184], and become the leader of the martial world! His voice was strong and his fingers twitched.

There was a chance!

I had a chance to ruin the conclusion Hydra had planned for the game!

The only experts in the world are Master and us two disciples! I yelled. The world isnt like it used to be. There is no martial world! There will never be any other experts. Do you understand?

Lan Jin listened silently.

As did Master.

If you defeat all the heroes under heaven, wont you experience infinite loneliness? I shouted out this perennial question from wuxia novels.

No matter how cruel Lan Jin was, he would eventually get tired of slaughtering common people! Perhaps this was a mistake Hydra had made when creating this personality.

I hoped that the question could cause even a millisecond of hesitation in Lan Jin during this life and death struggle.

For the moment, everything paused, for what seemed an eternity. In the square, only the vigorous Ten Thousand Crags and a Thousand Torrents sounded out.

If you win, what will you do? Lan Jin suddenly asked.

Of course he was asking Master.

I will continue to defend Justice, eliminate all the evildoers who exist under heaven. Masters eyes glistened with faith. Anywhere that injustice exists, the sword of the Heaven Reaching sect will find it.

And if you kill all the villains, what then? Lan Jins voice seemed to contain notes of loneliness.

You are talking a lot today, Masters face also seemed to contain loneliness.

Whatwillyoudo? said Lan Jin one word at a time, as if he had to expend a lot of energy to do so.

If that day came, I would take my own life. Masters eyes glistened.

Take your own life? said Lan Jin, sounding unconvinced.

I too was unconvinced.

Hua Maoer has been waiting for me for 300 years, said Master, tears seeping down his face. He wiped them away slowly. I can not make her wait much longer.

If that is the case, said Lan Jin slowly, Then let me send you to see her now! He grabbed the hilt of his saber.

Take your time! said Master, wrenching out his iron sword.

[184] In the following interchange, what I am translating as the whole world should literally be translated as under heaven. But considering the way the dialogue goes Im opting to use a more colloquial expression.
    Last edited by deathblade; 02-20-15 at 02:37 AM. Reason: fixed mistake found by LuDongBin, fixed mistake found by RWX

Quote Originally Posted by 9Dragons View Post

Seemed surreal and amusing for an orchestra accustomed to classical music to play a song just recently released on TVB. Had to laugh. That conductor is a true professional. "Get back here! We took the money, we have to keep going!" Red swords are somewhat common in manhua, but a red saber? Fierce fight from waiting 300 years!
    Sorry, I didn't really make it clear. The song is actually from the 1980's HK version of the show, not the new one.

And yeah, it literally is described as a blood-red military-style saber.

Thanks for catching the mistakes, I'll fix them in a bit!

Keep it up, deathblade! I'm really enjoying how this is all coming out. So cool!

Quick note though; I assume you translated 奸贼 as 'rapists and thieves', right? Although separately those two characters can mean that, together, they usually mean 'wicked and evil people'. 奸 combined with 强 does mean rape/rapist, but when combined with 贼, it has a different (still negative) connotation.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Keep it up, deathblade! I'm really enjoying how this is all coming out. So cool!

Quick note though; I assume you translated 奸贼 as 'rapists and thieves', right? Although separately those two characters can mean that, together, they usually mean 'wicked and evil people'. 奸 combined with 强 does mean rape/rapist, but when combined with 贼, it has a different (still negative) connotation.
    Ah yeah those are the two characters. Okay cool, I will change it. The end is almost wrapped up, more twists and turns to come!

Quote Originally Posted by deathblade View Post
    Sorry, I didn't really make it clear. The song is actually from the 1980's HK version of the show, not the new one.
    I did not misunderstand. Just pointing out that the current story takes place in 1982. Incidentally the TVB show also originally aired in 1982. Chuckled to see these hard core orchestra members already practiced the songs for this performance.

This fight will be won by wits and not necessarily martial arts.

Thed finally arrived! ...

They'd finally arrived ?,,,

Thks deathblade ... so we are coming to a closing?

Quote Originally Posted by 9Dragons View Post
    I did not misunderstand. Just pointing out that the current story takes place in 1982. Incidentally the TVB show also originally aired in 1982. Chuckled to see these hard core orchestra members already practiced the songs for this performance.

This fight will be won by wits and not necessarily martial arts.
    Oh duh, I'm stupid. Haha. Yeah good point.

A decisive battle to span a dreamland (4)

The end of the end.

There would be nothing more.

Just this final attack!

The saber leapt gracefully!

The sword flew like a divine being!

I would forever remember that moment.

For students of martial arts, to be able to witness this magnificent, unparalleled battle, is better than years of hard training.

I watched the final attack, appreciating it.

This attack previously could only exist in the imaginations of Chinese people and in fantastic novels.

The sword in Masters hand had become something unreal, and he himself merged completely with the cold Qi of the sword.

Lan Jin lifted his head. The very spirit of the devil fused with the blade, turning his entire body into a furious, blood-red saber.

The power to accept something as true, was able to bring this supernatural attack from a dreamland into reality.

Crossed over from a dreamland and into Master and Lan Jin.

A huge line appeared, splitting the square in two, a giant crack stretching from in front of the Buddha all the way to the orchestra. It split the piano away from the rest of the orchestra.

From within the crack emanated the smell of blood.

An arm lay on the ground, twitching and convulsing.

Crash!

A saber, split in two, spun in mid air, seemingly forever, before finally landing on the ground.

Master gripped his iron sword in hand tightly. Except, where Masters left arm had once been now remained only a short, bloody sleeve. And yet, Master had not fallen.

The one who had fallen was Lan Jin!

Master stood with chest stuck out, eyes glittering brightly, his heroic spirit emanating with power.

Lan Jins face had been pale white before, but as he lay on the ground now, it was taut, and seemed to be the pale gray that precedes death. A color like that of fresh roses spread to fill his white shirt and long white jacket.

Masters rare, divine sword had slashed Lan Jin from chest to groin, a long, fatal wound.

Blood spurted out.

I almost raised my hands and shouted out.

Master had ended Hydras evil game!

Everything was over!

Master looked at his enemy laying on the ground. Hed waited for 300 years, and was finally able to look down on his fallen foe. How happy!

Lan Jin looked coldly at Master. He didnt even have the power to seal his own acupuncture points to stop the bleeding. He seemed indifferent.

Master said nothing. He stabbed his sword into the ground and then sealed the points to stop the bleeding from the stump of his severed arm.

Its over, I said to myself.

No matter how many eyeless freaks were left, I felt no dread. In any case, there were only two soulless shells down there.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Who was laughing?

Lan Jin lowered his head, shaking it, laughing with mirth.

His body lay limp in a pool of blood, like a puppet cut from its strings. And yet he laughed.

I could sense that Lan Jins life was seeping away, and that the shell laying there in the blood was being replaced by the originator of this evil gameHydra.

That must be it.

He must be the one to face death.

But Hydras way of facing death, was to laugh with praise.

You shouldnt laugh, said Master coldly.

But I am. He tried to stop laughing, and his facial expression became even stranger.

Then die! In a flash, Master drew his sword, and the vital points on Hydras body were instantly enveloped by sword Qi.

Wide-eyed, I watched as Masters sword slammed into the ground.

Hydra, who had just now been lying there dying, was nowhere to be seen!

No!

Up there! I shouted.

Master looked up, shocked. Hydra floated in the night wind above, his blood-stained white coat flapping. He drifted there, seemingly defying gravity.

He smiled like a demon, his feet dangling as he floated there.

Such a powerful lightness art! I was shocked, but not very worried.

He was just struggling against death.

But then I felt a strange pressure on my spine.

Hydras blue eyes began to contract into his pupils. The wound on his chest had stopped bleeding, as had laughter.

Hydra once again was not Hydra. He had become another personality. I knew, knew for sure.

Master stared wide eyed, his sword held level with his chest, watching in disbelief as Hydra floated in the cool night breeze.

Hydra laughed lightly, emanating an elegant, aristocratic air. Coupled with his red-stained clothing, it brought about a sense of hopelessness and uncertainty.

God, whispered Ah Yi. Whats going on? His eyes changed again!

They had changed!

Hydras blue eyes had vanished.

Now his eyes glittered with the color of dark green jade.

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood, shall have eternal life, and I shall raise them up on the last day. [185] Hydra recited the words softly, his voice magnetic, each word clear.

The frightening thing was, he still had not returned to the ground.

You are not Lan Jin! Master could sense something was wrong. Who are you?! he shouted.

Placing his right hand in front of his waist and his left hand behind his back, Hydra gave a courteous western-style bow. I am the King of the Night, Leader of the Souls. I drift along quietly in the river of Time. This is our first meeting, yet it is already time to say farewell.

My hands and feet grew ice cold.

Because I could see two sharp fangs protruding from Hydras mouth. [186]

An opponent beyond ones wildest expectations

But then, Masters aura of death exploded out. It seemed as if he felt not a trace of fear. Brandishing his iron sword, he leaped into the air and shouted: I will chop you down!

But even as the iron sword flew forth, Hydra suddenly disappeared from in front of Master.

Behind you! I shouted.

Master, in mid-air, had no time to turn and defend himself. Oh god

[185] This is actually a quote from the Bible. John 6:54. http://tinyurl.com/kysc2qt
    [186] Its probably pretty obvious, but see the spoiler thread if you want to know more details about this.

A decisive battle to span a dreamland (5)

Protruding from Masters abdomen was a slender hand, dripping with blood. He slowly turned his head to look at the demon behind him.

Hydra floated there upside down. He slowly pulled his bloody hand out from Master, who then fell to the ground with a confused look on his face.

Master!

Master!

Ah Yi and I rushed to his side. Ah Yi picked Master up, and I sealed the acupuncture points on his abdomen as fast as I could. Master! I cried. Hold on! Ah Yi and I each placed a palm on his back, pouring Qi in him to keep him alive.

Heh Master waved his hand, indicating that we should not waste our Qi. His pulse fluctuated wildly.

Master! I said, tears springing out. I used my inner force to try to stabilize his pulse.

Ah Yi, thoroughly flustered, shouted, Bastard! He watched Hydra slowly descend to the ground, his dark green eyes once again becoming as blue as seawater.

The wounds on his body, and his previously erratic Qi, had both disappeared. Some strange power had enabled him to resist the summons of death. He stood tall and straight in front of us.

Hydra had returned.

I never imagined, he said comfortingly, that Huang Jun really would be able to defeat his nemesis.

What are you talking about! said Ah Yi furiously. You despicable villain! You used black magic to kill master!

Hydra ignored him, and looked at me, laughing. You really helped out your Master. Do you think I need to adjust Lan Jin a bit, make him completely emotionless? Congratulations to your Master for achieving his life dream. My sincere congratulations.

I stared at him furiously.

He looked at me apologetically. Im sorry. For the sake of continuing the game of Justice versus evil with the next lead character, you, I had to make some changes. Lan Jin was basically dead, so I had to summon another aspect of my existence, a more powerful one, to eliminate the role played by your Master. After all, if I died, how could we continue to play our game?

Ah Yi pulled out his machete and howled, I dont get it! He charged Hydra, stabbing toward his heart.

Get out of there! I shouted.

But Hydra had already grabbed Ah Yis right arm, and snapped it. With a miserable cry, Ah Yi aimed a kick at Hydras groin. Hydra released him and avoided the kick, then spun and chopped his hand into Ah Yis neck. Ah Yi coughed up a mass of blood and collapsed to the ground, convulsing.

Let him go! Ill play your game! I shrieked. Supporting Master with my left hand, I placed the machete in my right hand against my neck. If you kill him, Ill kill myself! Then you can go find someone else to play your game!

Hydra looked at me with admiration. How daring! Lucky for you, Im not as fast as Lan Jin, my speed is a lot slower.

Still holding his machete, Ah Yi struggled to his feet, staring at Hydra hatefully. Hydra shrugged his shoulders and with a bitter laugh said, Sadly, you are the type who becomes more fierce as more people die.

His finger stabbed out!

No! I shouted hoarsely.

Ah Yis machete fell to the ground and blood shot out from his neck. Grinning, Hydra licked blood off of his finger, and stood there.

**** said Ah Yi, clasping his hand over his neck. He cursed Hydra as his eyes slowly grew dim.

Ah Yi! I weeped. Hydra grabbed the back of his neck and tossed him disdainfully toward me. I caught him and sealed his neck, unable to even make a sound.

Heh. Ah Yi glanced at me, looking pleased with himself. But I couldnt force out a smile.

Masters body suddenly trembled.

Sit down. His voice was weak.

Weeping, I said, Im going to avenge you and Ah Yi!

Sit down, he said, his voice very faint.

Master instructs you to sit, said Hydra earnestly. He must have an important reason. Quickly, sit down. He clapped his hands and in a loud voice said. Orchestra! We Forget Each Other in the Fog and Water.

Sit said Master solemnly, his lips trembling.

The orchestra changed, jarringly, to the sad and gentle We Forget Each Other in the Fog and Water.

Master, I dont know what to do I wailed. I held him, tears streaming down. I didnt know what to think or do, I could only cry.

God!

How could things end like this!

Yuan

He had a look of reproach in his eye. Slowly, he said, This is just how it is passing from one to the next With that, he placed his palms on my chest, indicating for me to support him.

My chest shivered, and a surging flow of pure Qi entered my Flying Dragon point. I suddenly understood what Master was doing.

There was no way I could refuse his good intentions, not with him on the verge of death.

That was because what flowed into my Qi reservoir was not happy intentions, but a weighty responsibility.

My Flying Dragon point couldnt contain such a vast amount of pure Qi, so with a deep sigh, I sent Masters inner force through my Nine Major Arteries, and from there throughout the rest of the veins in my body.

Master looked at me and smiled. You understand. He looked down at Ah Yi, who rested on my leg, and said, You are really good too

Ah Yis eyebrows moved up and down happily. The weird marker-drawn eyebrows still could not be erased.

As I looked at the two of them, tears and mucus flowing down my face. I held Master up, and pulled Ah Yis hand. Masters vast inner force, his very life force itself, surged into my Qi reservoir.

Yuan Master knows you understand heh Masters inner force suddenly weakened, and then began to flicker.

I bit my lip. I understand.

Master nodded, and looking like a kind father said, There is no need for revenge do not get muddled! You you need to seek

I nodded vigorously, weeping. I know. I seek Justice!

Sounding very satisfied, Master said, There is something called.. called Justice Justice requires high level kung fu!

Okay everyone, I have some good news and some bad news. Good news is, this is the last cliffhanger you will have to endure during this translation. The bad news is that, the reason this is the last cliffhanger is that I have decided to complete the entire translation before posting another update. I think the final conclusion of the novel should be read in one session, and I don't want to break it up.

What remains to be released are the final 4 parts of "A decisive battle to span a dreamland," as well as the chapter I've currently tentatively titled "Stance of Justice," and the Epilogue.

That's not very much to translate, a total of 6 updates, and I figure I should be able to finish by tomorrow or the next day. Not too long considering my previous translation speed was one update per week.

So I will leave you hanging here, stay tuned for the finale to come!

Thank you. I can't wait, but at the same time I'm happy to. Nice work.

I hope there is a good closing. I kind of get messed up here with this Hydra character. Not much fun if he can't be defeated ....

Thanks! A rather forlorn chapter.
    Waiting for the ending.

Thanks for the updates Deathblade!Like everybody already said Hydra is just way too OP >.<
    I mean seriously,not dying when dealt a fatal wound,what is he a wuxia MC? :/

Quote Originally Posted by deathblade View Post
    Oh duh, I'm stupid. Haha. Yeah good point.
    Sorry, I speak in riddles without explanations at times. Actually, I feel stupid because I still don't know Hydra's "obvious" identity. From the descriptions of fangs, King of the Night, and immortality, I'm guessing he is a western vampire? Or perhaps that's just one of his personalities?

Sadly Master won his duel but lost his life. Pretty shocking to be impaled with a claw. Ah Yi didn't stand a chance either. I see some Gu Long elements how complete confidence and clear conscience triumph over superior martial arts.

Some grammar errors: lay should be lie. You might want to review "lay vs lie" on google.

Finally, thanks for the good news and good news. It's not bad news if the wait is only one to two days.