Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu by Giddens Ko (功夫-九把刀)

Deathblade, even before your final update for this, let me say: thank you for having translated this story. I just read everything again from the start up to this latest update and it was an amazing ride. A loving hommage to the wuxia genre with some modern twists. And your translation style makes the story really exciting.

Regarding HYDRA: do you know the movie "Re-Cycle"? Wouldn't surprise me if Hydras Ending in his final book would be something similar to the movies ending. The Mary Sue of Giddens Ko.

Quote Originally Posted by 9Dragons View Post

Some grammar errors: lay should be lie. You might want to review "lay vs lie" on google.
    Yeah I have a problem with that one.
    Current Translation: I Shall Seal the Heavens
    Recommended Translation: Heroes Shed No Tears

A decisive battle to span a dreamland (6)

I wailed. Masters hand slowly lowered and rested on Ah Yis. Ah Yi gripped his hand tightly.

Masters head rested on my shoulder. Faintly, he said, Master will take Ah Yi with me and go. Ah Yi, can you see? Standing there by the forest entrance, its Hua Maoer. Listen she is singing our song, and holding holding the chrysanthemums I picked for her wave hands with me and say goodbye three hundred years have passed Hua Maoer Hua Maoer finally doesnt have to wait for me for me

I cried like a child. I just could not hold it back. Listening to Masters voice slowly fade away, listening to him faintly hum that tune, Hua Maoers tune, until finally I couldnt hear him any more.

See you in the afterlife of heroes! I cried out as loud as I could. My voice cut through the resounded orchestra music.

I cried at the top of my lungs, because I wanted my voice to be heard in the heavens.

Master was gone.

Two and a half years of happiness disappeared along with Masters voice into the night wind.

Master was Master, regardless of how he had been created.

Nobody has the power to create another person.

Master would finally get his wish, and be with Huang Maoer, who he had worried about for three hundred years.

See you in the afterlife of heroes! I screamed again, so loud that the earth shook.

That year, I was thirteen. An inauspicious age.

That year, Chang Yu-sheng was still alive, Dave Wong was popular, and Fang Jiwei was still the Sweetheart of the Military.

Their songs filled my room every day.

That year, I met him.

That year, kung fu.

So touching. Hydra wiped away his tears, and said sadly, Why does it have to conclude this way? Heaven is toying with us!

I had nothing to say. I looked down at Ah Yi, who was growing colder and colder.

Theres something I have to do with the soon-to-be reborn Lan Jin, said Hydra, still sniffling a bit. If you make it out of here, then later on you can chase after my shadow. He pulled out a wooden box and threw it to the ground, then faded into his aura of death and disappeared without a trace.

The box top popped open, revealing a dozen or more blue silkworms.

It was silent.

I wasnt sure when We Forget Each Other in the Fog and Water had stopped playing.

All the musicians in the orchestra sat in their chairs, twisted in death.

An evil wind screamed across the square.

Thirteen animated corpses. In front, behind, near, far, completely encircling Ah Yi and I.

Listen to me Ah Yi glanced at all the eyeless freaks, and pulled my ear close. I held him, and he weekly said, Run. I can take out at least five. Dont look back.

I shook my head. Give me three minutes, and then we go together.

He gave a weak laugh, and closed his eyes.

Anxiously, I pushed open his eyes with my fingers. Dont close your eyes!

I wont die that easily, he said forcefully into my ear. Im gonna see you escape.

I nodded, staring into his eyes.

The thirteen animated corpses did not approach, yet neither did they retreat. They just stood there, surrounding the two of us, emanating soul-chilling auras of death.

I took the inner force Master has passed on to me and melded it with my own inner force, mentally recalling all the stances and moves Id seen during the duel between Master and Lan Jin.

Hurry Im feeling a bit faint, dont make me wait too long Ah Yis teeth chattered.

Yeah. Watch carefully. I forced out a laugh. Just wait a couple hours and senior apprentice will take you to find a hooker.

I grabbed a length of rope and tied Ah Yi to my back with a sturdy knot. Then I stood, staring coldly at the soulless killers.

You can do it, said Ah Yi, laying on my back.

Master, you watch too. I am the heir to Justice, which is true power.

My aura of death slowly began to emanate from every pore in my body.

A slow flow.

I was an eminently talented student of martial arts, a genius.

A natural born expert.

Ah Yi, lets go, I said.

He didnt reply.

Keep your eyes open, youre going to need to report to Master about everything. I slowly walked forward.

Ah Yi didnt say anything.

I know that Im fast.

But I didnt know I was this fast.

Yi Jing sword to surpass even the Yi Jing sword!

The stances of thirteen savage killers descended upon me from all directions!

Bang!

I stabbed one of the animated corpses in the chest, and then flitted between the two who attacked me from behind with katanas.

Then two auras of death charged from left and right. But I wasnt scared at all. The iron sword flew back and forth, destroying the killing blades.

Bang!

I shouted, slicing through the necks of the two, and then stabbing forward with the iron sword, skewering the animated corpse ahead of me through the head. At that moment, I felt a sharp pain in my right shoulder. Id been wounded by sword Qi launched from a distance.

You want sword Qi? Take this! I howled savagely, planting my right foot down hard, spinning the iron sword around me and letting off a fierce array of Qi. Blood instantly exploded out, filling the sky.

The animated corpses who had been lucky enough to evade my fierce attack leaped up into the air and attacked.

I stabbed the iron sword into the ground and shot my palms straight up into the air. This technique had been developed during our stone-throwing game.

Ka!!! The animated corpses arms shattered. Two arms flew off into the air, mangled beyond recognition. The rest of the descending animated corpses attacks, with blade, sword, and palm, struck nothing but air.

Because I had already leaped to the side. I swung the iron sword, lopping off the heads of two animated corpses who were to slow to turn around. At the same moment, two katanas shot toward me. I twisted to evade, using my left hand to grab one of the katanas and use it to slice off half the face of yet another animated corpse.

A decisive battle to span a dreamland (7)

Bang! This time my chest was hit with a palm strike. I stumbled backwards, two blades of sword Qi slicing toward my head in pursuit. My right hand lifted my sword, and my left palm suddenly shot forth with the first sword Qi Id ever produced in my life. The sword Qi stabbed into the animated corpses Flying Dragon point, felling him.

I threw the iron sword forward, encircling it with a peerless aura of death. The remaining three animated corpses dared not meet it, instead, they scattered. I leaped into the air, thrusting my palms downward. Sword Qi erupted like a thunderstorm onto the animated corpses, who threw their arms up in defense.

Plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop.

Thats not the sound of palms strikes.

But rather, the sound of blood dripping down from the bodies of the animated corpses.

I dropped softly to the ground, looking around at the Giant Buddha square, which had turned into a scene from purgatory.

Did you see? I turned my head, and stretched my hand out to close Ah Yis eyes. You have to tell master!

Ah Yi didnt say anything, so I knew he agreed.

I hobbled over to Master and picked him up. Looking up at the starry sky, I slowly walked down the stairs.

Master and Ah Yi were gone.

Left over in the Heaven Reaching sect, the fantasy, the non-existent Heaven Reaching sect, was now only me and Yi Jing.

But, Justice remained. Master had already planted the seeds of Justice in my heart.

Justice was not a fantasy. It was true and real, and it had been placed firmly inside of me.

Only, Justice had become very lonely. I sobbed as I walked slowly, step by step, all the way down.

Ah Yi on my back, Master in my arms. Where should I go?

My head sagging, my mind a fog, I reached the city at around 2 oclock in the morning. I jumped from rooftop to rooftop.

My tears, how salty.

How bitter.

I just wanted to lay down next to Yi Jing and sleep.

Hydra?

How far away was Hydra?

Hed stabbed Master through with one hand. How could I stand up to that?

Dont let my head be muddled by thoughts of vengeance. I had no way to even get revenge.

It didnt matter. Id already been sucked into his perverted game, and now faced an enemy I couldnt even fathom.

I knew now that I needed, must develop, must have, a more formidable Justice.

But tonight, I just wanted to weep bitterly.

Finally, I jumped onto the rooftop of our neighbor. I looked at the faint glow of light emanating from the big hole.

And then I caught whiff of what seemed like the stench of death. Shocked, I suddenly remembered what Hydra had said right before leaving: I have something to do with Lan Jin Alarmed, I leaped into the big hole.

Fortunately, Yi Jing lay there sleeping just as before. I put my finger beneath her nose to feel for breath, then sighed.

But something was still wrong.

Dad, Mom!

I put down Master and Ah Yi, then opened the door and rushed down.

Dad! Mom! I cried miserably, as I saw them sitting at the dinner table, holding hands.

My jaw dropped, and I felt like Id been thrown into a case of ice. Theyd been tortured.

Yuan Yuan Dads voice was hoarse as he looked at me blankly.

Wah I wanted to cry, but

I was too terrified to speak. Originally Id planned to to seal their acupuncture points to prolong their lives, but my finger paused in mid-air and grew stiff.

Why do this to my family?

There was no resentment between them. Why be so cruel and ruthless?

Killing Master and Ah Yi wasnt enough?

All of it all of it for some crazy game?

All to put me in the primary role of a game?!

I hadnt wanted to leap into the flames of revenge, but as of now, I had already leaped into a hellfire of vengeance.

Ah ah Dad mumbled something, and I moved my ear closer to listen. All I could hear was him repeating: It hurts so bad it hurts

I checked Dad and Moms blood vessels, and found that their acupuncture points had been sealed by Lan Jin with some extremely powerful technique. Theyd been unable to slip away into death, and had been forced to sit there in torment. It was all just so that I could see them writhing in agony? All so that I would be forced to end their lives myself?

It seemed that Mom knew I was here. She lifted a fingerless hand and moved it around looking for me. Sobbing, I hugged her and let her caress my face. I then hugged my ceaselessly moaning Dad, for a long time. And then I knelt in front of them, weeping. Dad! Mom! I love you so much! I love you, I love you, I love you. I will definitely avenge you! I will definitely get revenge for you! Im sorry!

I reached out, my hand trembling, and softly, oh so softly, between their eyes

It was at the dinner table that my lost family had returned to me.

And it was at the dinner table that I lost them again by my own hand

I had reached as much as sixteen year old boy could take.

I couldnt let myself go crazy.

I had no right to collapse.

Because I had felt Masters aura of death, Id lost my best friend, lost my father and mother.

Did I regret it?

If I could do it again, would I kneel before Master and kowtow three times?

I didnt want to think about it.

I was afraid that no matter what my answer, I would detest myself.

It was 3:30 in the morning, and I was sill kneeling there in front of Dad and Mom, holding burned out incense sticks.

In a few hours, Mrs. Wang would come to clean and cook, so even if I didnt call the police, she would.

When the police came, what would I tell them? I didnt know.

Would I be accused of the murder? I didnt know.

How would I explain the bodies of Master and Ah Yi? I didnt know.

Should I mention the dozens of corpses on Ba Gua mountain? I didnt know.

Even though I didnt know, I just knelt there, all the way until I heard Mrs. Wangs shriek. And then the police arrived.

A decisive battle to span a dreamland (8)

Contrary to all expectations, the police completely ignored me. They just mechanically gathered up Dad and Moms corpses and put them in body bags, sealing up the cold zippers.

Officer! said Mrs. Wang, pulling at an officer and crying out hysterically. Its so horrible. This morning when I opened the door Like robots, a few police officers took the mop, broom, and rags and began cleaning the house, wiping way every trace of blood, everywhere. And they didnt go upstairs.

I just stood there. I knew what was going on.

The ultimate fearsome opponent in this game, was not Lan Jin. No, it was a floating demon, a monster who could erase peoples memories.

Dad and Mom were sent to the undertaker and cremated. Their cause of death was listed as a car accident. When friends and family heard, they were so sad.

Mrs. Wang became the talk of the town. Everyone said shed gone crazy. A crazy woman who constantly talked about the day shed seen the Yan family, murdered.

As far as all the corpses in the square on Ba Gua mountain, I never heard anything about it in the media. No one ever mentioned all the damage to the slab stone in the square. And no one ever mentioned the disappearance of the orchestra. It was as if none of it had ever happened, except in my nightmares.

I returned Ah Yis comic book for him. But I didnt give his body back to his family. Because Lan Jin had gotten rid of everything related to Ah Yi. Gone in a fire which never actually occurred.

So I buried Ah Yi and Master together in a remote part of Ba Gua mountain. I used my burning inner force to write my thoughts on their gravestones:

Huang Jun. Grandmaster. Married to Hua Maoer in the Huang Clan village. Please watch over me from Heaven.

Cheng Mingyi. My best friend. Died a great hero. If possible, please bless and protect me.

Next to the gravestones, I chopped out a huge rock with my own hands and wrote on it the characters Huang Clan village. Everything that Master had pursued, I would believe in for him.

Before I left Taiwan, I would often come back to sit in front of the gravestones and show them new sword techniques. Or sometimes I would do rock-throwing practice with them. Of course they were always so lazy and didnt participate. They would just sit there and approve silently.

Sometimes I would go there with Yi Jing, wrapped up in her window curtain. I would use inner force to make a hotpot of wild vegetables, then pour it onto the cold gravestones.

And finally, I inscribed two eyebrows onto Ah Yis gravestone and burned a hundred or so of the most recent comic books for him. Then I took Yi Jing and traveled the world.

What happened to Yi Jing?

That morning, after the police left, Id walked upstairs in a daze.

I pushed the door open, and saw that Yi Jing had woken up. Shed wrapped herself up in the window curtain, and was sitting on the bed mumbling to herself.

The early dawn light shone on her fair, white face, and for a split second, I felt a ray of hope. It was my only hope after the nightmare.

Yi Jing! I dragged my exhausted body over and shrank down next to her, holding her small hand in mine.

She frowned and in an irritated tone said, Who are you? How can you be so impolite?

I gaped for a moment, then embraced her. Yi Jing, Master and Ah Yi are both

She pushed me away, fearfully shrinking back into the corner of the bed. With expressionless eyes, she said, Who are you? Are you Xiner?

Her movements and expressions didnt seem fake. Furthermore, the bodies of Master and Ah Yi were still lying there on the bed. She must have seen them.

My teeth began to chatter, and I began to worry about something that I truly did not wish to worry about.

Wheres Xiner? Sounding scared, she once again repeated the strange name

Who Who is Xiner? I wasnt any less scared than her.

Who are you? she said warningly, although she still hadnt even looked at me.

She never looked at me.

Im Yuan Zai, Shao Yuan! I didnt dare to get any closer to her. I looked at her blank eyes and said, Whats wrong with your eyes?

I need to find Xiner, she said, crying. Whoever you are, dont get any closer! I need to find Xiner!

My heart was about to explode.

Hydra! What did you do to Yi Jing!

What memories had you stuck into her head!

I I I stuttered, my whole body trembling.

I need to find Xiner! Are you back yet? My father, emperor[187]! Where are you? She wailed. Why hasnt Xiner come back yet? Did something happen to him!

Father, the emperor?

I felt a deep sorrow. Choking back my tears, I held her tiny foot and said, Im Xiner! Xiner is back!

Why were you tricking me just now? she said happily. You always give me a hard time!

I wiped the tears from my eyes, and with a forced laugh said, Its ok! Everything is ok! Xiner is here at your side!

And what about my eyes?

Eyes?

Your eyes? I asked hurriedly.

There was something strange about her eyes. From the beginning up to now, she hadnt looked at me. She just continued to stare blankly ahead.

You said you would bring my eyes back! She let out a sob and pushed me away. You said, you said!

Looking at the girl I loved, sitting there crying, anxious; seeing her blank eyes which no longer glistened, I couldnt help but let out a howl: Hydra! Lan Jin! This is too much!

Yi Jing was so frightened she started crying again, wrapping herself up completely in the curtain, sobbing.

I knelt on the ground, wanting to cry. But no tears came.

So this is how the story of a hero ends.

Im sorry. Dont cry. Yi Jing bit down on her lip, then lovingly said, Where are you? I want to feel you.

I weekly stretched out my hand. Yi Jing groped around until she found it, then squeezed it tightly. Im sorry, she said apologetically. It must have been so difficult out there. You must have been injured, right? Was it Lan Jin? Im just too headstrong. Ill have father grant you an amazing reward.

My eyes grew dim. I gripped her hand tightly.

The only proof I had of anything was right in front of me.

My treasure, was right there.

[187] She uses a word that the daughter of the emperor would use to address him.

A decisive battle to span a dreamland (9)

Yi Jing was never again Yi Jing.

Who had she become?

Who had replaced her?

She kept talking about her father the emperor. Was she a princess from some fictional country?

There didnt seem to be anything wrong with her eyes. Why couldnt she see?

Who was Xiner? Why was he looking for her lost eyes?

At the moment, I didnt have the strength to consider these questions. I just kneeled there in the shining, hopeless sunlight, looking at the girl I loved disappearing.

Princess, Xiner will definitely find your eyes, I said resolutely. Please dont worry. Tears once again rolled down my face.

Thank you. Yi Jing, the Princess, took my hand and, with a sweet smile, placed it on her face.

I love you. Ive always loved you. So much Princess. My tears fell to the ground.

I know. Yi Jing, the Princess, stared forward blankly, her smile dazzling in the sunlight.

I love you, I love you so much. I cried bitterly, gripping a hand which was both fictional and tangible. I hope you know that. I just hope you know.

Ive always known, she said tenderly. Ive always known, my courageous knight.

The Stance of Justice

I imagine that by the time you reach this part of the story, you will have tears in your eyes. So let me blather on a bit.

A grand event can have a huge impact on a persons life.

There was a farmer in Michigan who was abducted by aliens, and forced to engage in mating experiments with a cow. Its said that after he was returned to Earth, he went completely crazy. At ten years of age, a young boy saw the Loch Ness monster. He spent the next 25 years building a one-man submarine, suffering the ridicule of his family for his failure to make a proper living. And in 2002 I wrote Kung Fu.

The Chinese peoples interest in martial arts goes back a long time. In our imaginations, martial arts can exceed the limitations of humankind. In our imaginations, powerful martial artists can pursue perfect morals and values. Martial arts and martial values should coordinate together in an extremely harmonious way. But if powerful martial artists do not fight for the country and the people, then they are just wanderers who have forgotten the world. They are not true martial artists from a political standpoint. And yet, to truly serve the country and the people, they will surely commit the crime of killing. It requires matchless bravery, iron perseverance. Pursuing Justice is full of cruelty and danger.

What is Justice? From an idealistic theoretical standpoint, Justice should be for the good of the majority. So, when Yue Fei received the 120 gold plaques, he really should not have given himself up to be killed. His return was for the sake of loyalty to the throne, and had nothing to do with the common people. He earned a good name for himself, but it really should not be called a good deed. Similarly, Wen Tianxiang [188] might have become notorious had he worked for the Yuan Dynasty, but then he could have championed the cause of the survivors of the upheaval leading to the fall of the previous dynasty. Instead, he wrote Song of Righteousness and delivered himself to death. Shi Kefa [189] was completely devoted to defending Yangzhou, even willing to give up his own life. But did he ever ask the common people of Yangzhou if they were willing to offer their lives up for the cruel, tottering Ming Dynasty? History remembers many loyal ministers who caused the death of tens of thousands. Whose tears of blood elevated those ministers to their greatness?

What is Justice? From a more practice theoretical standpoint, the only thing nowadays that we can refer to as Justice is Law. Its said that law is a magnificent invention, a tool for the week to defend themselves against the powerful. But actually, the people who make the law, and the people who understand it, often stand to the side and use it to strike fear into the hearts of the week. Law cannot be said to be a complete extension of Justice. Even though it tries to be fair, in the end, it often causes further injustice.

Kung Fu is a power which enables one to supersede Law. If you use this kind of power to carry out Justice, what standard can you use to determine its purpose? The purpose of Justice is the core. If you can truly understand what Justice is, or have a firm belief in what you believe to be Justice, then Kung Fu can help you to overcome hardships, regardless of what time period you live in. Its just as Master Huang Jun said, that to pursue Justice, one must have a firm grasp on the concept of human life. People who carry out this type of justice may be viewed as lunatics, or criminals, but it doesnt matter.

There are different degrees of Justice, and some viewpoints regarding it are crap. My viewpoint of Justice is the same as that of the founder of the Heaven Reaching Sect (much thanks to Sociology Professor Gao Chengshu of the Tunghai University[*] for helping the author come up with that name). Justice is not a tool to create cycles of revenge. Even if the entire martial world is destroyed, it doesnt matter. Justice will not disappear with lost martial arts manuals. Even common workers can carry on the ideals of Justice, and even nobodies in society can champion its cause. That is a kind of bravery even greater than that displayed by martial artists, and its the same philosophy I apply to my story planning. In the quote there is something called Justice. Justice requires high level kung fu, perhaps the two characters kung fu, refer to bravery, boldness and passion.

There are many fascinating sayings regarding Justice. Whenever the subject of Justice comes up, I just cant sit still. I feel like I have to jump up and shadowbox in front of a mirror! When i was writing that part of Kung Fu, I felt like I was submerged in a world of chivalrous martial artists, sunsets, and duels. I enjoyed it so much, and was so happy. On the night when I finally finished writing the story, I could just see the faces of the countless friends who waited with baited breath to read it. It was truly moved.

And now, another story. Goodbye, heroes!

[188] Wen Tianxiang was a scholar-general whose resisted Kublai Khan's invasion of the Song. His refusal to yield to the Yuan Dynasty despite being captured and tortured, made him a popular symbol of patriotism and righteousness in China. http://tinyurl.com/n5enpl7
    [189] Shi Kefa was a government official and calligrapher who is best remembered for his defence of Yangzhou from invading Qing-Manchu armies and was killed when Yangzhou fell in 1645. http://tinyurl.com/ppooya9
    [190] Tunghai is a University in Taiwan http://tinyurl.com/lhgoxcs
    Last edited by deathblade; 02-21-15 at 02:14 AM. Reason: added footnote, changed name from Donghai to Tunghai to conform with offical name, formatting adjustment

Epilogue

Zhi Long, that weird guy is here again! said Lian Sheng said curiously, pointing out the shopwindow.

****, its really him, I said. Every time I see him my whole body feels weird.

Lian Sheng and I were sitting in Comic Book King reading Dragonball.

In this issue of, Goku turned Super Sayan for the first time, shocking Frieza and turning the tables. But once that weird guy showed up, I couldnt keep my eyes off him.

Regarding the weird guy outside the shopwindow, there were a lot of stories about him.

He was well known in Changhua. He had long unkept hair and a messy beard. He would often strap a big piece of styrofoam to his body with a chain and walk around. Two red envelopes dangled from chains on his chest. It was super weird. He also stank, really bad.

Sometimes he would sit on the side of the road, eating weird things out of a metal pot. But it seemed he was constantly running into nice people who gave him hot stuff to eat, because the pot was always filled with steaming food.

The weird guy seemed to have a kind heart. He would often gather together a group of homeless people to eat with him. Sometimes he would even share his food with the stray dogs.

Sometimes he would rush into burning buildings and save the people inside! Some people had even seen him beat gangsters senseless on the street

Maybe that was the secret to how he always had food to eat.

I heard that his family used to be super rich, said Lian Sheng. But then they they died, and he went crazy. Now he lives in a room with a big hole for a wall.

Ive seen a girl with him before, I said. Super pretty, wrapped up in some kind of cloth that looks like a curtain. Shes always talking and laughing with him. The sad thing is shes blind.

My mom said that girl is crazy too, said Lian Sheng. I guess she saw her parents commit suicide, and it scared her so bad she went blind. Its a good thing shes blind and crazy, otherwise why would she be with that weird guy? With that, he buried his face back into the copy of Shonen Jump he was reading.

I fingered the change in my pocket, watching the weird guy sitting on the roadside eating a disgusting 7-11 meat bun.

I decided to give him some change. Compared to him I was rich. I could read a few less comic books and let him have a nice meal.

Suddenly, he looked up and stared me in the eyes.

My heart started beating rapidly, and I couldnt breathe.

Whats wrong? asked Lian Sheng.

My heart hurts. I bent over, sweating, and threw up some bile.

Bang!

The door of the comic book shop suddenly slammed open, and the weird guy burst in, stinking, to stand in front of me.

My god, how stinky!

Do you want to learn kung fu? The weird guys eyes glittered strangely. It looked like it might be the glitter of tears.

"Alternate" comic book ending.

If you're interested in knowing how the comic book ends, and how that could relate to potential sequels or future books in the Urban Horror Stories series:

click to show/hide spoilers

The final ending of the comic is the same, with Yuan finding a new disciple.

However, the comic elaborates on what happens when he says he leaves Taiwan and travels the world with Yi Jing. In the comic, he and Yi Jing go to different countries trying to track down Hydra. Yuan fights some more of his animated corpses, and then in a final showdown, he actually kills Hydra.

I suspect that in the Author's mind, Hydra will eventually be beaten, although if the speculation on the Chinese internet is correct, it might involve multiple characters from the Urban Horror Stories series.

If you want to check out the comic in Chinese, click here. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you can view the comic issue by issue.

And that's that!

After a huge marathon, Kung Fu is finished!

Thanks to everyone for your comments and support!

Please point out any mistakes (I know they are there.)

I have some thoughts of my own regarding the end, but my fingers and eyes are tired, so I will take a break and post them later.

Thanks but I really don't know what to think after reading the whole book ... Just feels weird
    Last edited by baldy; 02-21-15 at 02:09 AM.
    Kindle 2 Global Wireless with 多看 - Perfect e-book reading device

Thanks for the series of multiple chapters, right to the end...

Well, the ending seemed appropriate. Hydra deleted all links for his new lead character, so he could really be the character Xin'Er and mess with him. Starting the whole story again. And most Wuxia novels have some kind of downer ending, don't they?

Does anybody else feel that this seemed like an anti-Gu Long?

Anyway: thank you again, Deathblade! OR ARE HYDRA?

Quote Originally Posted by WesY2K View Post
    Anyway: thank you again, Deathblade! OR ARE HYDRA?

Thanks for translations,the story was moving but in which way I am not too sure...As for mistakes you wrote that Law is the tool of the week instead of weak.I noticed another one but I don`t really care about it.Hope we get more from Giddens Ko

I'm...not sure how I feel about this ending. Hrm. Well, let's hear what you have to say about it first
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

"Week" should be "weak", repeated like 3x
    "lay" should be "lie"
    my mistake: year is 1986, but one of your footnotes had 1982 about money, which misdirected me.

Congrats, your sig has three complete works now. I finally dived into the spoilers. I can't see how the powerful Hydra can possibly lose. Physical attacks are useless. Psychological attacks are possible, but this guy's a psychopath!

In regards to the ending, the author is either shamelessly or ingeniously leading the readers to check out his other works. Was hoping Yuan Zai would develop and mature enough to overcome his losses, especially after accumulating all the complex experiences within the last couple of years. At the same time, he is still a tender 13 year old. Damn, Ah Yi must have been the same age who joked(?) about losing his virginity. A grand event can have a huge impact on a persons life. Indeed.

I hate this ending. Its a scam to make you read more of his other books. Sigh.

Thanks for the thrilling ride, Deathblade!

Cant wait for your thoughts on the ending.

I thought Lan Jin died, leaving eight personalities to go. But then, Hydra mentioned something about refining Lan Jin ver. 2.0 to eliminate his weaknesses. In some fantasies, a hydra-like monster includes a healing "head". Destroy the healer, then the rest can follow. Easier said than done, considering that the healer may not even manifest itself.

I think the novel was really good until Hydra was revealed. After that, it kind of went downhill.