Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu by Giddens Ko (功夫-九把刀)

Quote Originally Posted by deathblade View Post
    Glad you're finding it interesting. I think it's kind of like an wuxia fanboy's dream.

Am I the only wuxia fan that ever daydreamed about some old master finding me and teaching me crazy wuxia martial arts?
    I prefer the ending, where the hero has many 'out of this world' pretty ladies line up for his affection.

Quote Originally Posted by deathblade View Post

Am I the only wuxia fan that ever daydreamed about some old master finding me and teaching me crazy wuxia martial arts?
    You should daydream of an old master who will find and transfer you his... $$$$
    Then you can spend your time translating...

Quote Originally Posted by balikpapan View Post
    I prefer the ending, where the hero has many 'out of this world' pretty ladies line up for his affection.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Current Translation: I Shall Seal the Heavens
    Recommended Translation: Heroes Shed No Tears

Quote Originally Posted by ycb5959 View Post
    You should daydream of an old master who will find and transfer you his... $$$$
    Then you can spend your time translating...
    Haha. Yeah, if you know anyone like that make sure to introduce me ;-p

Check out WXFS translated comic of Tian Long Ba Bu
    Last updated: 02/04/2008

Thanks deathblade

Thks deatblade ...

Becoming a disciple (4)

My palm slowly sank into the concrete wall, bit by bit. The hard wall was just like a chunk of warm tofu.

Experience for a moment how you will be in three years, said Master approvingly. My natural ability was substandard. It took no less than five years of study for me to master the Wall Piercing Hand. With your talent, you should be able to achieve it in three.

I watched, astonished, as my hand pierced into the wall, leaving behind a deep handprint.

I will be able to do this in three years? I murmured, hardly able to believe it. Ill become that powerful?

Bam! shouted Master. The fireball rushed out of from the Ascending Tide and Shifting Heaven points of my hand. The wall began to steam, and then suddenly a huge section collapsed.

A section about the size of two hands.

So awesome! I exclaimed.

Your body is not able to absorb the full extent of my inner force, so I infused you with about sixty to seventy percent. If it was your own power, it would be even more devastating.

I could not help but admire Master.

Thoroughly admire.

Now, follow the basic Tu Na Qi gathering methods. Imagine the Qi passing through your acupuncture points. Slowly begin to practice. Masters hand left my back, and he stood up.

Following Masters instructions, I began to practice.

Kung fu was now a part of me forever.

Even though the names of the acupuncture points in my body had been randomly changed by Master, it didnt really matter.

I would become a matchless, first-class martial arts master, easily able to wipe out scum like Uncle Wang.

A first-class master.
    Last edited by deathblade; 05-27-14 at 11:09 PM. Reason: fixed mistakes found by WesY2K, fixed mistake found by both CFT and LuDongBin

That's the end of part 2, which means we are about 15% finished with the story.

Your body is not able to absorb the full extent of my inner force, so I infused you with about sixty to seventy percent. If it was your own power, it would be even more devastating.

I'm enjoying this story so far. Wuxia with a modern twist. There are indications of regret in the story already, so I can't help feeling it will end in tragedy. But I'm sure the story will be enthralling nonetheless.

If it was your own powerful, it would be even more devastating.

... power ...

Thks deathblade.

Thanks deathblade

thanks!!!!

Wow. Where can I find a master like this.?. I would like to learn too. Thank deathblade.

Part 3

Hua Maoer, the girl I loved, stood at the forest entrance outside the village, seeing me off. She sang a traditional love song from the Li Clan village, pledging her love. Ai Hua Maoer was a shy girl and her face flushed red as she sang. The lyrics explained that she would wait for me to return, and when I did, she would be mine! I watched her silhouette slowly fade away, but her song echoed in my ears. I rode on the back of a horse, my hand tightly gripping the sword that Master had given me. My two fellow disciples and I were devoted wholeheartedly to rooting out evil. But soon I would return to reunite with Hua Maoer. [64]

A first glance at the way (1)

You became the old mans disciple? said Yi Jing, dumbfounded.

Yeah. The whole thing is a bit complicated. My mood was a bit complicated as well.

But why? Did he force you? Yi Jings mouth hung open.

No, its not like that. Actually, Master is a good guy. I felt a bit disconcerted.

Well Yi Jing was clearly confused.

Here, take it. I dont have time to play it, I have to practice kung fu. I held out the Nintendo. Yi Jings expression was one of complete shock.

Dont be like this! You weirdo! Even though she declined, I put the Nintendo into the drawer of her desk.

During class, I secretly practiced the Heaven Reaching internal arts.

I started with True Man point, gentle True Man point. Thankfully, Master had infused a little of his inner force into me.

I can boost your natural potential by introducing some of my inner force into you, thus giving you a starting point to practice the inner methods of our Heaven Reaching internal arts. Practice one tiny step at a time, grow one bit at a time. Every night, I will continue to impart to you some of my high level inner force. Thusly, your martial arts can advance by leaps and bounds, and you can get twice the result with half the effort. Thats what Master had said.

I placed my Chinese Language textbook onto the desk and slowly guided my Qi to Frigid Residence point, second of the 10 Great Acupuncture Points. It felt very good, there was nothing at all blocking the movement of the Qi.

I didnt close my eyes, but the characters the teacher was writing on the blackboard slowly grew blurry, and her shrill voice slowly faded away.

It seemed I had entered a sort of indistinct calm.

Forgiveness Receiving point, Hero Introduction point, Principal Goose point, yeah, completely successful. From one acupuncture point to the next until it finally reached the first of the bodys 10 Great Acupuncture points, Flying Dragon point. I focused my mind and relaxed my body. Then I pressed on to the finish, and the warm Qi surged to Perching Tiger point.

Ahh I shouted uncontrollably. Immensely enjoyable!

With satisfaction, I pulled the Qi from Perching Dragon point to the Major Nine Mountains artery, then dispersed it throughout my body.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Wild laughter erupted all around me. Huh?

I suddenly felt something poking into my back.

I turned, and saw Yi Jing stabbing me with her pen. I looked at her, no idea what was going on.

Yan Shaoyuan! cursed the exasperated Teacher. What are you doing shouting out in class! Are you having a nightmare? Go stand in the back of the classroom!

I rubbed my head and went to the back of the classroom with my book. My gloating classmates clapped, and Ah Lun seemed to be laughing the hardest.

It was really embarrassing. I wanted to hide my glowing red face as I stood next to the trashcan.

And yet, my entire body felt warm and indescribably comfortable. Internal arts really were miraculous.

I recalled Masters words: You must constantly practice your internal arts. You must constantly practice, and constantly control the flow of Qi in your body. After some time, your acupuncture points will naturally take control of your veins and arteries, and you unconsciously grow your inner force, whether you are walking around or sleeping.

So, I held my textbook, and once again slipped into the world of inner force.

And so when this difficult character is used as a verb, although it is not an adjective, it the Chinese Language teachers talking seemed to break into fragments.

Ahh I shouted out in satisfaction.

Yan Shaoyuan! Parallel squat, now! The chalk in the teachers hand snapped in two, and my classmates roared with laughter.

That day, I shouted out four times in Chinese Language class, eight times in English class, nine times in Geography class, twelve times in Art class. I even shouted once when going to the bathroom.

It seemed progress with inner force was directly related to how many times you shout out.

But I was eventually sent to the Disciplinary Office, and given a lousy demerit.

Because I was usually so well-behaved, the instructor only planned to write me up a warning. But because I shouted out twice in the Disciplinary Office, he gave me the demerit after all.

I silently calculated. At this rate, my destiny would soon be expulsion, thanks to the constant shouting.

It really was annoying.

Actually, I had set aside my give up on the future idea. I still wanted to go to school.

Because Yi Jing was at school.

But I had also fallen in love with kung fu! And if I was going to practice kung fu, then I wanted to be like Master, an indomitable master!

Although, in my heart I actually thought: even being one tenth as powerful as master would still be good enough.

Later on when it was time to clean up, Yi Jing helped me pick up trash. She looked sad. Whats wrong with you? she said. In just one day you became a completely different person.

I didnt want to tell Yi Jing about my moms adultery. Instead, I excitedly related all the details about Master knocking down my wall with his palm, and how he imbued me with inner force. I danced and gesticulated with joy as I told the story.

And then I noticed that Yi Jing was crying.

You dont believe me? I was shocked.

She didnt reply, she just bit her lip, clearly upset.

I didnt explain any further. I was more sad than her now.

Yi Jing finally opened her mouth. Why are you crying? she said, looking at me.

Just forget about me. I turned and walked off.

It really hurt. I couldnt even breath.

As it turned out, not only did the useless adults disbelieve me, even Yi Jing, who had always supported me, was the same.

They were all the same.

A gaping hole. Moonlight.

An old man. A young boy.

How did your martial arts practice go today? said Master, looking me up and down. Let me see.

My eyes wet, I said, Im coming to find out that practicing martial arts is really interesting.

Master nodded. Judging from your complexion, it seems your inner force is already begging to develop. You really do have outstanding natural ability. You are a natural born martial talent.

But, I said dejectedly, My most trusted friend doesnt believe me.

Master let out a long sigh, and his eyes too became moist. You are not the only one. Your Master is the same. No one believes him. That is how my life has passed.

I didnt understand. Master, you are so powerful, how could people not believe? I asked. Can I bring my friend over to see your martial arts?

Master glared at me and said, Is kung fu used to entertain people? To put on a show?

[64] Im going to transliterate 花猫儿, although its a nickname, not a given name. The first character means flower and the second means cat.
    Last edited by deathblade; 05-27-14 at 11:11 PM. Reason: fixed mistakes found by WesY2K

Thanks! Always looking forward to this novel.

i wonder if his classmate thought his shout was like he was having an orgasm...
    Proud to be part of http://www.asianfanatics.net/

Thanks deathblade

Quote Originally Posted by athlonkmf View Post
    i wonder if his classmate thought his shout was like he was having an orgasm...
    In the Chinese it's not super clear the nature of the shout, but I think that's a relatively safe assumption. Haha!

Thanks deathblade