Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Swordsman: Sovereign

Thanks Optimus 610

Thanks again Optimus610, but where's out Chapter 12 Thanksgiving treat... Just kidding.. Hehehe Much appreciate your effort...

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    Thanks again Optimus610, but where's out Chapter 12 Thanksgiving treat... Just kidding.. Hehehe Much appreciate your effort...
    Thanks again everyone for the support.

szfong,

I wish I was a faster writer but I'm not so no thanksgiving chapter.
    Last edited by optimus610; 12-07-14 at 11:40 PM.
    If anyone is interested in some of my other work. You can check them out here https://www.fanfiction.net/u/106973/

Happy thanks giving Optimus hope you have some updates for your readers already

Hope you had a good Christmas optimus. Stop being lazy like me and give us the new chapter

lol Yeah I have been a little lazy. Hope you and everyone here had a wonderful and blessed Christmas.

Next post will be the new chapter. It's like 99.9% done. Will post Saturday (12-27-14) sometime in the morning.
    Last edited by optimus610; 12-27-14 at 02:04 AM.
    If anyone is interested in some of my other work. You can check them out here https://www.fanfiction.net/u/106973/

Default Chapter: 12

Swordsman: Sovereign

This FanFiction is loosely based on Jin Yong's Smiling Proud Wanderer and the new 2012/2013 series.

" Speech "

' Thoughts '

Salute = The Bao Quan Li - the wrap fist greeting/Fist Wrapping Rite

Chapter: 12

-xXx-

The crowd continued to look nervous and speechless. Not only at the scene involving Dongfang Bubai and the Sword Sect disciples, but also the display of inner energy provided by Linghu Chong.

“Where have it heard something like that before,” Chong Xu mumbled to himself as he watched the scene unfold from about ten feet away.

Chong Xu, who was dressed in a beige colored robe. Racked his memory to recall where he had heard such a chant before.

'Wait, that's right. The Sun Moon Holy Cult. Though not exactly the same, it's very similar to what I've overheard some members of the cult say Dongfang Bubai wanted his followers to say in his presence. Could this woman be related to him or the cult in someway?!' the aged martial master thought with alarm.

'Come to think of it. That would explain their strange behavior. Though if they are related to the demon cult, why are they saying they are the new chiefs of South Hengshan?'

Chong Xu continued to debate within himself whether the man with the fox mask, and his wife were secretly members of the Sun Moon Holy Cult or the new leaders of South Hengshan as they stated. He had only brief conversation's with the pair since they arrived. He noted they seemed friendly enough, though came off as a bit eccentric; since they liked to keep to themselves for the most part.

Though he didn't have long to think about this revelation as his attention was suddenly redirected back towards the arena stage.

“Long Renowned in the world of martial arts. Elder of Wudang, Chong Xu. I've long heard of your great sword skill. It would be this junior's honor if you would engage him in a friendly duel,” stated Linghu Chong, while he politely saluted the older man.

Chong Xu was taken aback that he had been challenge. Normally, people shied away from dueling him, given his great reputation in swordplay. Though he found the masked man and his apparent wife suspicious. A smile crossed his lips, his intuition telling him he should except the duel.

“It would be my honor Headmaster of South Hengshan,” Chong Xu said with a large smile.

If his friend was here; the abbot of Shaolin, Fang Zheng. He would have most certainly warned him that something was strange about the masked man and his wife. That it was too risky to engage one in a duel while such mystery remained over them. But, being one who has called his friend a spoilsport many a time. The Wudang Chief thought to throw caution to the wind for once and enjoy himself to his hearts content.

Using his great lightness skills to float into the ring. The Wudang Headmaster causally extended his right hand towards the murmuring crowd. The next second one of the swords from a beggar's sect disciple flew into his hand.

Linghu Chong grinned as he took the wooden sword into his right hand and pointed it towards the aged martial arts master.

-xXx-

For the next few minutes, Linghu Chong and Chong Xu exchanged hundreds upon hundreds of sword moves. Both martial artists were was able to parry each others attacks and subsequently retaliated with exquisite moves of their own.

To many in the crowd; mainly those whose eyes were untrained to follow such fast movements. It seemed as if a mini hurricane of white and blue had engulfed the arena stage. But to those whose eyes could follow the movements. They remained still as statue's as they marveled at the amazing display of skill being played out before them. Many of the younger men heart's raced with excitement as their eyes darted back and forth trying to follow the two swordsmen.

Though being the older of the two; being well into his sixties. Chong Xu was constantly on the attack trying to corner his masked opponent so that he could bring the fight to a close quickly. But no matter how hard he pressed, or swiftly he moved. Linghu Chong would always manage to counter his techniques and find a way to slip away unharmed.

Using the unbelievable speed given to him by his various martial arts. Linghu Chongs' movements made him as elusive as trying to grasp the wind, while he darted around the arena stage, always just managing to stay out of reach of a surprised and frustrated Chong Xu.

Linghu Chongs' actions were not solely restricted to eluding his opponent. Many times he tried to overwhelm Chong Xu with a series of rapid attacks from various angles. But no matter how ghostly his attacks were, the aged martial master would always neutralize them with careful positioning of his sword and or an adjustment of his body.

To the more experienced martial artists watching it seemed the two were completely equal. But what a person see's with your eyes isn't always reality.

Truth be told, Linghu Chong could have ended the fight anytime he desired. Chong Xu was great, a living legend who lived up to his reputation. But with his new skills, the Wudang Master no where near his level when it came to Qi, speed and strength.

The reason for dragging out the fight then? Simple, this was the former Huashan Sect disciples wife plan.

While moving out of the way of a diagonal slash. Linghu Chong took a moment to glance over at his wife, who returned his gaze with an approving nod.

One could say the couple were playing a bizzaro game of good cop, bad cop. Or as its defined alternations between two contradicting things, such as friendliness and hostility. Simply, one would show overwhelming power, while the other would show superior skill.

Linghu Chong began to move around his opponent in circles, attacking Chong Xu with lightning fast slashes, and thrusts from different directions. It appeared like the Wudang master was surrounded from all sides by ten Linghu Chong's. But recognizing the move as consisting of after images. Chong Xu parried all of his attacks and subsequently retaliated. But as before all his attacks missed there mark.

It is not unusual, when martial arts masters compete, one move could often be able to decide the outcome. Chong Xu was trying to achieve this, but so far was unsuccessful.

If the older master didn't know any better, he would swear he was being toyed with; even manipulated if he were to be so bold.

'That's impossible...Though...That technique this young man just did with the afterimages. I haven't seen such a thing since my master lost in a duel to the legendary Lin Yuantu...'

Deciding to use the full extent of his martial skill. Chong Xu retreated a few feet before pointing his sword at his opponent. The martial master then began to slowly draw circles with his sword leaving many in the crowd and even his opponent confused by his actions. But the purpose behind his actions were revealed a few seconds later as Chong Xus' sword appeared like a buzz saw in motion and also in sound.

'Grand Martial Uncle told me before that this martial world we live in is ever changing and there are some mysterious and unusual ones. But no matter how wonderful the opponent's moves are, there would still be a weakness. This old priest's sword art involves circling his sword around at amazing speeds. At first glance it appears to have no weakness at all. But that must only be because I had not yet been able to see the weakness,' Linghu Chong thought as he composed himself.

With the exception of Linghu Chong and Dongfang Bubai none of the spectators could see the swords movements properly; as to many it just appeared as a silver blur.

Better known as Taiji Swordplay. This legendary art wasn't considered so for nothing. Nor could it be taken lightly, even if you possessed the other worldly skills from the Sun Flower Manual.

Linghu Chong cautiously took a step back, and was surprised when his foot found air instead of solid ground. Without realizing it, he had been forced back and was now straddling the edge of the stage.

'Indeed elder Chong Xu lives up to his reputation. This swordplay allows him to protect himself while at the same time to attack in the hope that your opponent would be unable to resist it and would be forced to retreat to avoid it. I hesitated too much while looking for an opening,' he thought with admiration.

But the feeling didn't last long as a thought then flashed through Linghu Chongs' mind followed by a mischievous smirk..

In a shocking move, Linghu Chong began to move the wooden sword in circles, mimicking the movements of his now shocked opponent.

'That's impossible! How could he know Taiji Swordplay?!' Chong Xu thought alarmed.

Since first beginning to learn martial arts. Linghu Chong had always been good at remembering techniques he had seen. Even if he couldn't perform the move perfectly at first. He could mimic it enough to the point where it could almost fool expert eyes.

Seeing the look of shock on his opponents face. Linghu Chong knew it was the perfect time to attack: given the elder martial artist's momentary lack of concentration.

-xXx-

One of the first lessons you are taught in martial arts is to always focus on what is before you, and to never lose concentration during a fight. The consequences of which could turn out deadly.

An example of this was when Ren Woxing tricked the abbot of Shaolin, Fang Zheng during their fight. Seeing he couldn't beat Fang Zheng in a fair fight. Pretended to attack Yu Canghai, which caused the Buddhist practitioner to drop his guard and almost take a lethal strike when he tried to save the detestable Qingcheng Sect Headmaster.

Chong Xu cursed himself for his stupidity and or carelessness. His opponent had figured out the weakness of his swordplay and was waiting for the opportune time to act. And act Linghu Chong did, once Chong Xu gave him the opening he launched his Qi covered sword into the middle of the buzz saw like blade.

The force behind the blow was so immense, that it not only disarmed the elder martial artist, but it also caused Chong Xu to skid back about ten feet from the force of the impact.

There was an odd look on the Wudang Headmasters' face. His emotions were a mix from surprise to shame were running though his heart. These were emotions he hadn't felt in a long time. Although he had much deeper understanding of "the way of sword" as compared to Linghu Chong. There was also a sense of excitement growing, as he was pleased that their was someone in the younger generation who possessed such outstanding skills.

'Perhaps the younger generation isn't as hopeless as I thought they were,' he thought amused to himself.

“Young Headmaster of South Hengshan's sword art is brilliant and your courage and wisdom are outstanding. You are truly a worthy successor to Elder Mo Da. Admirable, truly admirable!” Chong Xu said saluting Linghu Chong.

Linghu Chong returned the respectful gesture with one of his own and bowed slightly.

“Master Chong Xus' sword skills are as remarkable as the rumors say. I've certainly learned a lot from the competition. I am really indebted to you. Please forgive this junior for anything disrespectful he did during our match,” Linghu Chong said politely.

Chong Xu gave an approving nod at Linghu Chong humility. It was something many of the younger generation lacked. Though there wasn't a reason for him to stay in the ring any longer since the winner had already been decided. Chong Xu needed to clarify clarify something which was nagging him before he left the stage.

“Young Master... has very profound inner energy and extraordinary sword skills. Out of the up and coming generation, your skills are the greatest I've seen.”

If you were one of the spectators and weren't already looking at Linghu Chong with awe and wonder. The acknowledgment from one of the legendary martial masters in the world, caused everyone within ear shot to now do so.

“Though...If I'm not mistaken you used Taiji Swordplay during the fight. I'm curious how you knew my schools swordplay?”

“Elder honors me...This is the first time I've seen such movements. I learned it while we fought, and tried my best to recreate it,” Linghu Chong said honestly, deciding not to lie to the older man.

As you can imagine, this revelation shocked Chong Xu greatly, though the old master tried his best to compose himself and keep and even-keel face.

'If he's telling the truth then this is truly remarkable. I must find out who this person really is. If he is indeed connected to the Sun Moon Holy Cult then things could prove problematic for the righteous schools in the future.'

-xXx-

Wang Yuanba gazed upon both men with awe, though he did his best to not show it on his face. Truth be known, the legendary figure known as the Golden Saber, knew he wasn't a match for either combatant, whether it be in inner energy or skill. He thanked the heavens above, that he wasn't in the ring against either person. He knew his reputation would have been crushed, possibly beyond all repair if that were the case.

Though as his eyes fixed on Linghu Chong, further resentment towards some earlier events flared up in his heart.

'He and that wife of his are truly snobs. They act like they are too good to even share a meal with the other guests. They always choose to have their food brought to their room instead of dining with my family and the other important guests! Do they think they are that high and mighty?!'

Wang Yuanba held resentment towards Linghu Chong and Dongfang Bubai because of this. In truth, the couple didn't want to take the chance someone would recognize Dongfang Bubais' face, since she would have to lower her head scarf to eat. And since showing up at a dinner and not eating while everyone else was doing so, would come across too suspicious. Though Linghu Chong had no problem offending his host, as he hardly cared what the older man thought of him.

“Where is he?! Where is that masked freak?!” Lin Pingzhi suddenly roared as he came limping into the arena.

“Master Lin please. You must calm yourself. The doctor said you shouldn't exert yourself too much or else you could do even more damage to your body,” said one of the maid servants frantically as she trailed behind her charge.

“Get away from me! All I care about is staining my hands with that freaks blood!”

Lin Pingzhi was beyond furious. The events that had taken place over the last few days, had finally taken there toll on the young martial artists. To how he was unable to take full revenge for his parents by Yu Canghai escaping. His blindness, all of the emotion from the heart wrenching situation with Yue Lingshan, and finally his embarrassing defeat at the hands of Linghu Chong. Things events finally caused him to lose what little control over his emotions he had left.

“What this? The cripple still is so lively after the beating he took,” Dongfang Bubai said with disdain.

Linghu Chong noticed his former classmate was no longer wearing the purple cloth over his eyes. He deduced from the way Lin Pingzhi was squinting in the sunlight. That he had regained his vision upon waking up.

“I see Mr. Lin has not only regained consciousness but also your sight. Congratulations to you...” Linghu Chong said coldly.

“The little man must not have been satisfied with what happened yesterday. Is that it cripple, do you want another beating?” Dongfang Bubai said in a amused manner.

Though his vision was blurry, his eyes bloodshot, and he could not see in great detail. Lin Pingzhi turned towards the direction of the voice; immediately recognizing who it belonged to.

“If you were this 'lively' with your wife cripple boy, then perhaps you two wouldn't have the problems you do...”

Dongfang Bubai then snickered condescendingly which caused the object of her disdain to snarl at her with hatred.

“Master Chong Xu, I suggest you leave the stage. You don't want to get caught up in any of this,” Linghu Chong said coldly, as he stared daggers at his former martial classmate.

Sensing the killer intent growing from Linghu Chong. Chong Xu didn't say a word as he hopped off the arena stage.

As the elder martial arts feet touched the ground. Another set of feet appeared in the exact spot he occupied while on the stage.

Though this wasn't without effort as Lin Pingzhi started breathing heavily at the sudden exertion of his still depleted inner energy.

“So is this how you repay me for saving your life?”

“Even a dog, shows more gratitude. If it weren't for you my love, he would also be permanently blind. You spared him from having to deal with a handicap to go along with his other small problem...” Dongfang Bubai said with a snicker.

“Behave my love...” Linghu Chong said softly, though in his heart he was glad his wife berated his former classmate.

“Come, if you wish to finish what you started last night. I won't stop you, but, know this, you may not walk out alive. So think very carefully Lin Pingzhi, think very carefully about how much you value that little life of yours!”

Lin Pingzhi and frankly everyone listening could tell that Linghu Chong was deadly serious.

“Despite jumping onto the stage from the entrance. Your inner energy hasn't recovered, has it? Other than your blindness you had no other disadvantage when we fought before. Even with your Lin families vaunted Evil-Warding Swordplay you still lost to me. Now that you haven't fully recovered your health, what chance do you think you will stand?”

This revelation caused those in the crowd to murmur. Everyone in the pugilistic world and even some regular people had heard of the Evil-Warding Swordplay manual. To not only have someone possessing the skill thought to be the strongest in the world, but said skill had allegedly been defeated, both revelations were quite shocking.

Dongfang Bubai smirked as she heard people whisper around her. Things were going much smoother then she had imagined. Not only would her and Linghu Chongs' display of their skills increase their clans reputation, but the news that the famous Evil-Warding Swordplay had been defeated, would send their clans fame through the stratosphere.

Despite knowing that Linghu Chong was speaking the absolute truth. Lin Pingzhis' pride took over instead of much needed commonsense. He to heard the whispers, causing the fear that his family name would be shamed if he didn't act further clouded his judgment.

“Die you mask...”

Lin Pingzhi tried to move but he suddenly clutched his chest and vomited out a glob of blood. The former Huashan Sect disciple tried again to move but only made it one step before he collapsed to his knees.

“Pingzhi, are you alright?!” Wang Yuanba said as he ran up to the stage and to his grandson.

Lin Pingzhi was having trouble breathing. At first he thought it was something Linghu Chong did to him, but after some thought he realized his body was in worse condition then he had thought.

“This is why you should have heeded my warning instead of listening to that foolish pride of yours. Hasn't it done you enough harm?” Linghu Chong said in a scolding manner.

Wang Yuanba was about to give Linghu Chong a piece of his mind. Until a maid servant followed by one of the two disciples Linghu Chong ordered to keep watch over Yue Lingshan came running into the arena.

“Master Wang please you must hurry before its too late!”

The young woman had blood plastered all over her face and dress; though thankfully the blood didn't seem to be hers. She looked visibly shaken, her eyes were filled with fear as she ran to Wang Yuanba and tried her best to explain what happened to her employer; who had a surprisingly calm face as he was told about what got her so flustered.

“Master, Mistress, you must come and save Heroine Ning and Yue Lingshan!” A Sword Sect disciple by the name of Chiong Xiu said to where Dongfang Bubai and his fellow disciples were standing.

The young man sported a large gash across his chest, though thankfully it appeared not to be too deep and subsequently wasn't life threatening.

“Brother Xiu, what happened?!” Xiong asked, his voice riddled with concern, as he held his fellow disciple up, keeping him from falling.

“A group of men dressed in black suddenly attacked us while we were standing guard outside miss Yue's room. Myself along with Chu Zhong, and Heroine Ning tried to fend them off. We managed to kill most of the men, but their was one who I think was their leader proved to possess great skill. He managed to take Yue Lingshan and brother Zhong and Heroine Ning are chasing after him!”

“Master, Sister we must...”

“Xiong, you and two of your brother's will stay here and treat Xius' injuries. The rest of you will follow me,” Linghu Chong said coldly.

Other then giving a simple nod. None of the disciples dared to utter another word as they sensed an overpowering feeling of bloodlust coming from Linghu Chong.

-xXx-

How much better it is to get wisdom than gold!
    And to get understanding is to be chosen above silver.
    The highway of the upright is to depart from evil;
    He who watches his way preserves his life.
    Pride goes before destruction,
    And a haughty spirit before stumbling.
    It is better to be humble in spirit with the lowly
    Than to divide the spoil with the proud
    --Proverbs 16:16-19

The courtyard of the Golden Saber compound, usually wasn't a place of high drama, but on this day, the events taken place were far from the usual.

Ten people now stood in the otherwise empty courtyard. Two stood next to the giant, twenty foot tall and three feet thick, golden sword statue, with their swords drawn and targeted towards their enemies standing around thirty feet away.

Yu Canghai cursed himself for the umpteenth time for his arrogance. His foolish, prideful arrogance. It made him blind to the true extent of the danger he would face in trying to kidnap Ning Zhongze and Yue Lingshan.

“You dog! Release my daughter now!” Ning Zhongze screamed as she continued to point her sword towards Yu Canghai.

Yu Canghai held his own sword closer to his captives throat, drawing a trickle of blood. He glared at Ning Zhongze menacingly while he racked his brain, exploring his dwindling options.

In his own mind his plan seemed so perfect. Swoop in, and kidnap two women. What could go wrong? Then once the two fell into his hands. Instead of just blackmailing Yue Buqun. He was going to first blackmail Lin Pingzhi and Wang Yuanba to give him the Evil-Warding Swordplay Manual. If they didn't want the news of them orchestrating a kidnapping, and especially one directed against two women, to get out to the public and to the martial world.

So confident was he that his plan would go off without a hitch. The Qingcheng Sect headmaster didn't even bother to wear a mask to conceal his identity.

He again cursed himself for his stupidity.

As he took a quick glance at the black robed person standing next to Ning Zhongze. Yu Canghais wrath soon turned towards Chu Zhong. Considering if it weren't for him and Chiong Xiu standing guard outside the door, the Qingcheng Sect Headmaster's plan might have actually succeeded.

'I don't know which school they belong two, but their skill was extraordinarily high. They are most likely someones disciples given how young they appeared to be. And if their skill is that high, then whomever taught them is someone I can't hope to deal with.'

A disturbing thought suddenly popped into the mind of the Qingcheng Sect Headmaster. What if this whole thing had been a trap set up by Lin Pingzhi? What if the meeting with Wang Zhongqiang had been part of a elaborate plan in hopes to lure him out?

'Could they have planned this so meticulously?!'

The thought filled him with panic, and more then ever he sought a way to flea the compound.

'I still have six of the men I brought with me alive. I may have to sacrifice all of them in order to escape. Wang Zhongqiang, said no one would be guarding the entrance for a an hour. True to his word that was indeed the case when I first arrived after kidnapping Yue Lingshan. So even if this was a setup by the Wang family and Lin Pingzhi, the lack of guards should help me, if even a little.'

Yu Canghai gazed back at the men standing behind him. He was about to give them the signal to attack Ning Zhongze and Chu Zhong until said Huashan Sect co-master snapped him out of his thoughts.

“Devil, give me my child! Don't think you can leave here with her in your possession! I'll hunt you done no matter where you go!” Ning Zhongze screamed once again.

Before he could reply. A figure dressed in white came flying into the area, and set down right next to a slightly startled Ning Zhongze. Yu Canghai looked the new comer over. He kept his guard up, as his senses were screaming at him to run away from the masked man as quickly as possible as he to could sense Linghu Chongs' bloodlust.

“Heroine Ning...Please let me handle this, you have been through enough these past few days,” Linghu Chong said gently.

Ning Zhongze was a little taken aback by Linghu Chongs' sudden appearance but like the seasoned warrior she was renowned to be, she quickly composed herself.

“Master, please forgive me for not protecting Ning Zhongze and Miss Lingshan,” Chu Zhong said nervously, not knowing how Linghu Chong would react towards him for failing to carry out the task assigned to him.

Linghu Chong let out a sigh, which inadvertently rose his disciples fears even more. If there was one thing that frustrated him about being a Sect Chief, was how his new disciples seemed to be utterly terrified of making him angry.

This isn't really uncommon among disciples. In a lot of ways it shows you have their respect; which is always a good thing. But, Linghu Chongs' respect didn't just come from being their chief. After eavesdropping in on a conversation some of the Sword Sect disciples were having one day. He learned that they saw him as the man who tamed the most feared martial artists in the world, Dongfang Bubai. So in many ways, he was more feared then his wife.

Though tame is a relative word when it comes to Dongfang Bubai.

“Chu Zhong, you tried your best. Though he's nothing more than a dog. Someone like Yu Canghai is more then you and Chiong Xiu could of handled,” Linghu Chong said in a calm and reassuring voice instead of one filled with anger like how Chu Zhong was fearing.

“Who are you?! How dare you insult me!”

Though he wanted to rush over and decapitate the loathsome, poor excuse for a man. Linghu Chong instead restrained himself, trying to bring forth a peaceful resolution.

“Yu Canghai, Headmaster of Qingcheng Sect...”

Linghu Chong took a deep breath, trying his best to calm his desire to stain his hands with the sect leaders blood.

“Release Yue Lingshan...If you do, then you may walk out of here unharmed...”

Yu Canghai didn't quite know how to respond to the purposeful given him. Baring a trap, this appeared to be the chance to escape he had been waiting for.

'Yes, it appears to be, but it seems so suspicious. The blood lust coming from this masked man if giving me the chills. Can I really trust anything he says?'

Realizing his options were dwindling by the second. Yu Canghai decided to put aside his paranoia and take Linghu Chong up on his offer. Afterall, what good would the Evil-Warding Swordplay Manual do him if he were dead. But, before he could speak, Ning Zhongze interjected herself back into the conversation.

“Chief Fox I thank you for trying to bring about a peaceful end to this. But, this scum doesn't deserve to live! Now give me back my daughter you demon!” she said never taking her eyes off Yu Canghai.

Linghu Chong looked at Ning Zhongze with genuine surprise. Never in all the years he had been around his surrogate mother. Had he ever seen her in such an emotional state.

“I am a demon?...”

Yu Canghai gave a condescending laugh to the insult.

“Oh how you Huashan hypocrites quickly point out others sin, but turn a blind eye towards your own evil. Don't you think Yue Buqun would agree Heroine Ning?”

Linghu Chong looked towards his surrogate mother as she flinched as if physically punched from the painful truth.

“What about the rumors regarding that 'precious' top disciple of Huashan Sect? How he collaborated to free Ren Woxings' daughter from Shaolin Temple and that Linghu Chong even died fighting Dongfang Bubai. That he sacrificed his life to kill him. But in killing Dongfang Bubai he also put Ren Woxing back as chief of the demon cult.”

Yu Canghai hesitated before continuing as he saw a crowd gathering behind Linghu Chong and Ning Zhongze. He noted various martial artists in the crowd and knew it was better if he made his retreat as hastily as possible.

“You Huashan Sect hypocrites can hardly talk. At least Dongfang Bubai wasn't going to send an army to destroy the five mountain schools. Now that Ren Woxing is back in power what is to stop him from doing what he promised years ago?! That 'precious' disciple of yours may have doomed us all! And yet I'm a monster?!”

Yu Canghai then began to laugh smugly, somehow thinking he had the moral high ground after his statement.

Indeed,

Pride goes before destruction,
    And a haughty spirit before stumbling.

Before Ning Zhongze could respond. All of the men who were standing by Yu Canghai suddenly fell to the ground lifeless.

Yu Canghai and for that matter everyone watching save for Linghu Chong and Dongfang Bubai, looked upon the scene in shock.

Seeing the sect leaders lapse in concentration. Dongfang Bubai extended her hand and shot a lone embroidery needle towards Yu Canghai and Yue Lingshan. Linghu Chong tensed slightly, thinking of the possibility the needle would hit his little martial sister. But his nerves eased as Yu Canghai in a panic, abandoned his captive.

Yue Lingshans' heart raced as she saw the needle approaching. She closed her eyes and waited for death. But instead of the end of her life, she was caught off guard as the thread wrapped around her waist, then with a tug, she was pulled back, towards and into her mothers arms.

“Ling'er are you alright?! Are you hurt in any way?!” Ning Zhongze asked frantically.

As mother and daughter happily reunited. Yu Canghai directed his anger towards Dongfang Bubai and uttered words he would soon regret.

“Y-you vile demoness, so you were the one to do that to my men?!” Yu Canghai barked in shock and anger as he gazed towards Dongfang Bubai.

“And if I was dog of Qingcheng Sect, what will you do about it?” she asked in a mocking tone.

Here are some words of wisdom to take to heart. Do not insult a man's beloved wife while in his presence. If you value your health and more importantly your life. It would be wise to avoid doing such a thing, especially when said husband has little to no respect for you.

Linghu Chong anger was akin to a volcano erupting. He hadn't hated much in his brief life. But at the moment. All of the pent up rage from all that had happened in his life was rising to the surface. To the heart ache involving losing his first love, Yue Lingshan to another man. To being thrown out of Huashan Sect by the man he once respected as a father.

These were rising to the surface, like a mighty volcano about to spew it's lava and devastate the land. Though in this case. The land was an unsuspecting Yu Canghai.

“You, a villain of the highest order. True scum. A complete waste of human breath. Like a mindless beast you carry out your vile schemes, without a thought or care for the lives you ruin. Yet you dare call my wife a demoness? After all the crimes you have committed, and the lives you have destroyed, you dare to slander another? Begone with you...”

Without another word Linghu Chong casually waved his right hand towards the giant statue of the golden sword which was a few feet towards his right. The next few seconds shocked all there and seemed to happen in slow motion. One moment the statue was on its base, the next, it was impaling and subsequently crushed, essentially killing, the now former Qingcheng Sect Chief.

-xXx-

A/N: Hmm, I think Linghu Chong got upset...Just a tad though In case no one noticed. I added chapter links in the first post to make it easier for people to navigate.
    Last edited by optimus610; 01-04-15 at 11:09 PM.

I read it already. Interesting changes

Thanks for the latest chapter

Thanks for the update optimus210!

I always questioned, how did the Wang family become so rich in the story.... It was never explained... Perhaps...

Before he dies, Yu Canghai screams aloud for the hundreds of guests/sect leaders to hear that it was the Wang family who orchestrated this kidnapping of Yue Lingshan and her mother in order to get the Lin Family heirloom to become the Wang Family heirloom & that he regrets working with the Wang Family? He should severely berates himself for all to hear that working with a bunch of killers, kidnappers, & thieves like the Wang Family who made its fortunes by robbing/killing/plundering other families while disguising themselves as the Evil Sun-Moon Cult was a definite mistake. This revelation, of course shocks everyone, but makes DFBB extremely upset at the Wangs!!

Thanks for the update optimus210!

I always questioned, how did the Wang family become so rich in the story.... It was never explained... Perhaps...

Before he dies, Yu Canghai screams aloud for the hundreds of guests/sect leaders to hear that it was the Wang family who orchestrated this kidnapping of Yue Lingshan and her mother in order to get the Lin Family heirloom to become the Wang Family heirloom & that he regrets working with the Wang Family? He should severely berates himself for all to hear that working with a bunch of killers, kidnappers, & thieves like the Wang Family who made its fortunes by robbing/killing/plundering other families while disguising themselves as the Evil Sun-Moon Cult was a definite mistake. This revelation, of course shocks everyone, but makes DFBB extremely upset at the Wangs!!
    Hmmm, not sure Ych can mention all of that. He's kind of crushed. But he may mention a word or two before passing on.

I do appreciate your ideas though. And I appreciate the support everyone gives.

LHC kills YCH. Cool!

Thanks Optimus

Just started reading this one. Looks promising and thanks

So Linghu Chong is invincible now, right? Not even DFBB can beat him. I mean with all those techniques he has right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneplus View Post
    So Linghu Chong is invincible now, right? Not even DFBB can beat him. I mean with all those techniques he has right now...
    Not exactly, LHC has to be "recharged" every night during steamy sex with DFBB in order for him to integrate the supersonic speeds of the Sunflower Manual without his blood reversing and dying horribly. The other way was to castrate himself. In essence, LHC must be with DFBB for life. If DFBB dies, he needs to castrate himself or his arteries reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneplus View Post
    First, thanks for leaving a comment.

All I will say is that in the series, DFBB in terms of martial arts and inner energy was invincible(well before LHC learned the Tendon-Altering Sutra). But, she had weaknesses. Namely her feelings for LHC. No matter how strong you are in the body. What effects the heart can cripple anyone or give them great strength.

Not exactly, LHC has to be "recharged" every night during steamy sex with DFBB in order for him to integrate the supersonic speeds of the Sunflower Manual without his blood reversing and dying horribly. The other way was to castrate himself. In essence, LHC must be with DFBB for life. If DFBB dies, he needs to castrate himself or his arteries reverse.
    I said it before. But what an imagination lol
    Last edited by optimus610; 01-03-15 at 11:58 PM.

LOL! Good one!

Dfbb is so beautiful I won't mind having sex with her 3 times a day

First, thanks for leaving a comment.

All I will say is that in the series, DFBB in terms of martial arts was invincible(well before LHC learned the Tendon-Altering Sutra). But, she had weaknesses. Namely her feelings for LHC. No matter how strong you are in the body. What effects the heart can cripple anyone or give them great strength.
    You mean that she is invincible BEFORE LHC learned the Tendon-Altering Sutra? What about after, then? And I see that you said "interms of martial arts" not "inner energy". But if it's in your future plot then you don't have to tell me ))

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight96 View Post
    You mean that she is invincible BEFORE LHC learned the Tendon-Altering Sutra? What about after, then? And I see that you said "interms of martial arts" not "inner energy". But if it's in your future plot then you don't have to tell me ))
    First, glad you are a reader and for taking the time to comment.

To me, it seemed that after LHC learned the TAS, his skills became on par with the Sunflower Manual. I say this because the Evil-Warding Manual and the Sunflower are basically the same thing. In the series LHC was able to fight his master equally after YBQ learned the Evil-Warding Manual. So if that's the case. Then the LHC at that time would put him and DFBB as equals or near to it; possibly with DFBB having a slight edge do to overall experience.

I'm glad you guys brought this up. Reminded me I had to address this in the chapters to come.