Page 6 of 78 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey of Flower 《花千骨》 - Wallace Huo, Zhao Li Ying, Jiang Xin

I just watched Hunan channel and the TJOF cast is going on Happy Camp! Looks like Wallace's face is going to be clothes pegged. Show should be aired next weekend on Mango. Can't wait.
    Just confirmed, it will be airing on Sat night June 27th, I am so happy that Jiang Xin will be there. She is so witty and funny and hardly ever lost for words. Zhang Dan Feng will be there too. )
    Last edited by charbydis; 06-21-15 at 06:29 PM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/005z7IA6jw1et94g5qu1gj30qe0eu41z.jpg')
    The girl standing at the middle is Tang Bao

Quote Originally Posted by Du Zhuang View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/005z7IA6jw1et94g5qu1gj30qe0eu41z.jpg')
    The girl standing at the middle is Tang Bao
    Thanks. I saw that girl in the trailer but could not figure out who she was. So Tang Bao turns into a girl as she develops. This is strange as Luo11 is very attached to her as a cute worm. Anyhow, looking forward to the next few eps.

Can someone answer this question for me? Are the immortals (e.g. Chang Liu dudes) really classic immortals like Er Lang Shen or just humans who obtain special powers through continuous practice?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Tang Bao is so cute yes and I was figure it's her from the teaser few month ago
    Er lang Shen was a nephew of the Jade Emperor but I do think the Five immortal are humans who obtain the ''name'' after they cultivate a inner energy and practice. Zi Hua want to become a leader of Chang Liu clan and was practice the level 10 but wasn't able to complete it. He try to cultivate his inner force to become more stronger.

About Tang Bao
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.86kx.com/uploads/allimg/150601/2290_150601143816_4.jpg')

I'm only on episode 5 but HQG's obsession with Brother Mo is annoying as hell. Yes I understand he was her only "friend" or whatever, but it's so annoying to see stories where the main female character is so overly devoted to one guy for no particular reason. Moreover, it's someone she only knew for three days.

Quote Originally Posted by happyswallow View Post
    I'm only on episode 5 but HQG's obsession with Brother Mo is annoying as hell. Yes I understand he was her only "friend" or whatever, but it's so annoying to see stories where the main female character is so overly devoted to one guy for no particular reason. Moreover, it's someone she only knew for three days.
    I am up to ep 9 and now she is definitely obsessed with BZH rather than Mo Bing. I think with Mo Bing, HQG sees him as a really close person because she was shunned for the first 16 years of her life and this stranger comes along and risks his life to save her from the monster and the fire. It is an act of kindness that she has never experienced in her life and due to her young age, she just doesn't know the limits and over-reacts.

On the other hand, I think that BZH is stalking her around Chang Liu. How big is Chang Liu and he just happens to walk every single night. BTW, I think SQM's makeup is really pretty even though it is for a guy. And Yun Yin is growing on me as well.

I am reading lidge's translation of the novel from Funn's links. The plot is very different from the drama though similar themes are brought out. I actually find the addition of Mo Bing in the first few eps makes it more easier to understand HQG's obsession with BZH rather than the progressive crush on the teacher that happens in the novel. And BZH's conflicts are fleshed out and introduced quite early on, making him more sympathetic than the dude in the novel whose POV was not told til later on.
    Last edited by charbydis; 06-22-15 at 08:36 PM.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Actually, they are the normal human who undergo the practicing and become immortals (this type of films/novels are called Xian Xia- new type). There are many types of practicing. Some become immortals forever after a successful practicing. Some will die if not improve their level. In this case, the practicing just extends their lifespans.
    For more easy understanding, there are 2 kinds of Shen/Xian (God/Fair). The one is god/fair because they was born this way (like Er Lang Shen, Yu Huang..., this type of films/novels are called Shen Xian- classic type). The others are normal human undergo the practicing (like film named Gu Jian Chi Dan-Swords of legend). But this 2 types are not completed separate each others.
    Last edited by Du Zhuang; 06-22-15 at 11:34 PM.

After a hundred years, I'm coming back here and shockingly I can still log in. It also has been a few hundred years since I last saw a series from China. I don't know what got into me. All of a sudden I found myself following this one and I'm not even familiar with the story.

T'is true that the cg leaves a lot to be desired and the props team should really do a better job but heck, I'm watching this for the main couple. It's actually not too bad and I'm interested in the future angst filled forbidden love story. The last I saw Wallace was in some modern beauty drama pairing up with Kristy Yang. I like him but I didn't care for his co-stars in his many other series so I didn't bother watching. This pair I like. There are two versions and I don't know which one is which but I have to assume that the web version is the one ahead of the TV version about 10 minutes or so. This just makes things more confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grifis View Post
    There are two versions and I don't know which one is which but I have to assume that the web version is the one ahead of the TV version about 10 minutes or so. This just makes things more confusing.
    Watch the web version. At this point, the story of both version are about the same but not sure about the upcoming exciting bits. But I prefer the web version. The moving ads from the mango version drives me nuts as it dances across the screen at crucial times. The TV version has the orange oval logo in the top left corner and a cartoon figure of HQG occasionally pops up and dances, the web version has a black and white squarish logo in the top left corner and it doesn't move.
    Cyril Connolly

Tang Bao the worm and Tang Bao the girl are just as lovable. She brightens up the drama.

I agree with charby. HQG fell for Mo BX because he was the first person to be kind to her. That slight change to the novel and meeting between HQG and Mo Bingxin sets up the '(ill) fate' between HQG and BZH. The novel never explains why HQG become obsessed with BZH but at least this drama gives a more realistic reason for the the latter obsession.

Hey BZH is not stalking HQG. He's protecting her! He's always there during the most crucial moments. How not to become obsessed with him? I would if I am HQG.

Wow Grifis.. you must be a former immortal from Chang Liu. Few hundred years ...

I think Ma Ke looks great as Sha. He's described as most beautiful man on earth isn't he? So beautiful that HQG thought he's a woman .. with flat chest.

A link to three songs from the drama: Cannot Say, Heart of Fire, Circle ....
    http://y.qq.com/#type=song&mid=001q62Bb1xCTx7
    Last edited by Ilovewuxia; 06-23-15 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovewuxia View Post
    I agree with charby. HQG fell for Mo BX because he was the first person to be kind to her. That slight change to the novel and meeting between HQG and Mo Bingxin sets up the '(ill) fate' between HQG and BZH. The novel never explains why HQG become obsessed with BZH but at least this drama gives a more realistic reason for the the latter obsession.
    Is the guy called Mo Bing or Mo Bing Xian? I am pretty sure Wallace introduced himself as MB but every written thin says MBX. Anyhow, I think by ep 8 & 9, HQG starts to actually think more about BZH than MB/MBX, getting shy when he is around. It is like she fell for the same guy twice so in the end, she has double the obsession with BZH.

Hey BZH is not stalking HQG. He's protecting her! He's always there during the most crucial moments. How not to become obsessed with him? I would if I am HQG.
    Yeah! Just look at his face! I don't know why so many people are noticing the bad CGIs when you can look at his beautiful face instead!

I know BZH is protecting her but it is actually quite funny as he seems to be everywhere - in the trees, behind trees, on the balcony, in the or peeping at her in the mirror. I can't wait for when HZG peeps at him when he is bathing.

I know there are some changes the novel but I feel that the changes makes the story more understandable and mature and even more tragic. It is like how internet novels like SWAK and QSHF were changed to make story more suited for the screen. HQG was 12 in the start of the novel and she has been changed to 16 in the series, so of course some of the plot has to change to accommodate for that. Not sure how old BZH is in here but he was centuries old in the novel. Ni Man Tian was quite a 2-D character in the novel but maybe by changing the love interests will give her more character development?

But I have to say, I do get the feeling of Harry Potter when reading the novel. And the relationship reminds me of an old ATV series called "The Snow is Red" when the teacher and pupil fall in love and the pupil goes evil because she got rejected.

BTW, I think ZiXun is way more obsessed with BZH than HQG. At least BZH and HQG are mutually attracted to each other so HQG has a good reason to be angry at him. BZH doesn't even like ZX and she goes all "Madame Wang" on him when he becomes the leader of Chang Liu and starts killing cheating men as if BZH played with her feelings and then dumped her.
    Last edited by charbydis; 06-23-15 at 08:47 AM.
    Cyril Connolly

I agree with charby. HQG fell for Mo BX because he was the first person to be kind to her.
    Yea I get that, but I personally don't find any aspect of that romance compelling. Say she was touched because he was kind to her. I find it odd that she is so adamant about searching for this one dude when she was traveling with another guy (DFYQ) who was also very nice to her (even putting himself in danger with that whole carriage incidence). Ignoring the fact that we know who DFYQ is, I still find it silly she's searching for someone whose face she can't remember, all the while trying to ditch this one guy who's only shown her care and kindness since they've met (and with whom she's spent much more time together).

I guess I'm overanalyzing this whole relationship between HQG and all her male fans, but the romance storyline is definitely not something that would keep me watching this drama. I like everything else about this drama, but the romance is just cringe inducing in a way. A bunch of guys falling for one girl, but said girl ignores everyone except her faux-emotionless master who puts her through some emotional torture...Perhaps those who read the books can let me know if the story is more compelling, but this is what I gleaned from the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Watch the web version. At this point, the story of both version are about the same but not sure about the upcoming exciting bits. But I prefer the web version. The moving ads from the mango version drives me nuts as it dances across the screen at crucial times. The TV version has the orange oval logo in the top left corner and a cartoon figure of HQG occasionally pops up and dances, the web version has a black and white squarish logo in the top left corner and it doesn't move.
    The web version is still ahead 10 minutes. The TV version (at ep 9) ended when white robe hot sifu walked away after talking to flower. The web version (at ep 8) ended after the people from the royal family came to get the lazy prince and some more. It kind of irks me how they have these two versions. I heard something about the total eps on TV will be cut to 40 some instead of 50 some. I sure hope not because I want to see the whole thing.

Wow Grifis.. you must be a former immortal from Chang Liu. Few hundred years ...
    Yeah, I used to be an immortal up there but after failing to scoop up white robe hot sifu and got stabbed by him, now I'm here.

I think he's definitely stalking flower. That's how all the heroes roll. I would be disappointed if he doesn't stalk her.

A bunch of guys falling for one girl, but said girl ignores everyone except her faux-emotionless master who puts her through some emotional torture...
    I think you got it. There will be lots of S and M. I feel that the author is quite a sadist. It's a tad bit violent in my opinion, just a tad bit. *ahem*

Yea I get that, but I personally don't find any aspect of that romance compelling. Say she was touched because he was kind to her. I find it odd that she is so adamant about searching for this one dude when she was traveling with another guy (DFYQ) who was also very nice to her (even putting himself in danger with that whole carriage incidence). Ignoring the fact that we know who DFYQ is, I still find it silly she's searching for someone whose face she can't remember, all the while trying to ditch this one guy who's only shown her care and kindness since they've met (and with whom she's spent much more time together).

I guess I'm overanalyzing this whole relationship between HQG and all her male fans, but the romance storyline is definitely not something that would keep me watching this drama. I like everything else about this drama, but the romance is just cringe inducing in a way. A bunch of guys falling for one girl, but said girl ignores everyone except her faux-emotionless master who puts her through some emotional torture...Perhaps those who read the books can let me know if the story is more compelling, but this is what I gleaned from the trailer.
    According the series, I don't believe HQG has romantic feelings for either MBX or BZH at this stage (ep 9). She probably seems him more as a father figure/friend and just misses him because she has not heard from him. I don't anything romantic will start until after she moves in with him and they have a lot of alone time together.

HQG actually is quite attached to her DFYQ and appreciates his care and friendship. She enjoys his company and is sad when he packs up to go. She was trying to ditch him in the beginning because she just met him in an awkward situation and he proposed to her endlessly which freaked her out (plus she was embarrassed cos he saw her naked). I think like all other people, HQG tends to think more about someone who is not by her side rather than someone she sees every now and then. I think if she would be concerned if DFYQ mysteriously disappeared for years without a trace as well. Actually, I think she likes all her male friends and is unaware that they love her.

What appeals to me about this series/novels not the complicated love polygon, but the different layers to this doomed relationship. Other normal xianxia couples are pretty free to love and accept love as they please until one of them dies or something. But for the main couple here, they aren't even allowed to acknowledge their feelings due to: fate, destiny, principles, obligations, societal views, personality, age, status, good vs evil. Yet the strong affection for one each other still stands despite their priorities. I find that this reflects more on reality where we might want to do something really badly, but hold back due to various reasons. I am more into the internal struggles and conspiracies than the actual love.

I think you got it. There will be lots of S and M. I feel that the author is quite a sadist. It's a tad bit violent in my opinion, just a tad bit. *ahem*
    I won't agree that that is S&M as neither of the main characters are doing it for kicks but yeah, the story is violent. Some major fights in the novel are really bloody and scary with all the tongue cutting, heart gouging, poisoning, etc and I am only half way through so who knows how bad it would be in the following chapters. The series already softened the violence a lot.
    Cyril Connolly

Just finished ep 9 on youkou. I also agree with charby. Don't think there is any romantic feelings between them yet. BZH treats HQG like a little sister and perhaps HQG towards BZH like a teacher or some one she deeply respect.

This is not a romance where boy meets girl, fall in love and live happily ever after. Wallace indicated in his interview that he accepted this role because it is a 'different kind of love story'. HQG is growing on me. She is a great girl. She deserves to be accepted as as student by BZH. He knows her background but is unfazed and determine to overcome 'fate'. He knows who DongFang is too.

Yeah, it has a bit of Harry Potter feel, charby particularly the gathering of the disciples. The good guys and bad guys, the good teachers and bad teachers. But this drama is definitely 100 more times tragic than HP.

The eps this week were great but they're not enough to satisfy my addiction. I vant moar sexy sifu and flower scenes, durn it.

I don't understand why they go back like 10 minutes from the earlier ep. Two would be more than enough.

The eps this week were great but they're not enough to satisfy my addiction. I vant moar sexy sifu and flower scenes, durn it.

I don't understand why they go back like 10 minutes from the earlier ep. Two would be more than enough.
    Hail Grifis (the banished Immortal from Chang Liu), Heaven heard your wish. Here's to Master Bai and his bathing scene. These two girls are so cute. Hell, why does HQG panicked and tipped the mirror over. I want to keep drooling.

To Ilovewuxia: Are you trying to give me and Grifis a massive nosebleed?

Anyhow, I agree with that HQG is a great girl. She is physically weak, but her mind is strong and her courage is impressive. She is naive, but quite resourceful and witty. Even without the romance, I feel that her battle against her fate is well worth watching.

I thought the CL school competition was disappointing. It was one of the most bloody and climax scenes in the novel with the "duel to the death" between NMT and HQG. I thought it was really dull in the series. Even the fight between HQG and the bad guy looked better.

But it was funny how the old teacher and 11 was fighting over HQG. 11 is so cute! How I love 11 and TB?

And SQM is quite endearing in his care for HQG!

(And when did Jiang Xin break up with Ye ZuXin? And ZLY has broken up with Chen Xiao? I watched the press conference yesterday. It has got to be the most awkward press conference ever. Wallace left everyone behind as soon as the question had finished.)
    Last edited by charbydis; 06-25-15 at 04:39 AM.
    Cyril Connolly

Juts finished ep 12. NMT! Give me back my Tang Bao! you #%@#!!

I have a question. Does the evil looking right-hand man of SQM (can't remember his name, ? Shan Chun Qiu) have a crush on his master or what? I get this strange feeling between the two and he really really wants HQG dead.

What happened to the wooden sword that HQG got from MB/MBX? I haven't seen it since ep 3 or 4 when HQG came to CL. Not since she put it down at the Hunger games forest?
    Last edited by charbydis; 06-25-15 at 08:01 AM.
    Cyril Connolly

Hey Charby... we could nose bleed together with HQG and TB!

Loving all the songs in this drama. Here's the one where Master took HQG for a sword flying ride. Fly away in the wonders of the night under the gentle moonlight ..

MP3 download for this song.