Thread: War of the Beauties (ft. Han Dong, Lou Yi Xiao, Jessica Hsuan, Qian Yong Chen,) 2013

Default War of the Beauties (ft. Han Dong, Lou Yi Xiao, Jessica Hsuan, Qian Yong Chen,) 2013

I'm starting this thread because I could not find any other thread.The-War-of-Beauties-2013-1.jpg

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/The_War_of_Beauties

The story is about the secret wars of the wife and concubines of Bai Qian Sheng (Han Dong) and the evil mother-in-law (which is not the biological mom of Bai Qian Sheng). The main heroine is Huang Cai Wei (Lou Yi Xiao), who has been in love and engaged to Bai Qian Sheng(Han Dong)'s older brother, Qian Feng. Five years ago, he went on a business trip and was presumed dead by the family. Cai Wei vowed never to wed no other and stay faithful to Bai Qian Feng. Bai Qian Feng is also the only biological son of the evil Old Madame of the Bai Family. The old lady blames Huang Cai Wei for her only son's death. And Huang Cai Wei's mom was admired by Old Master Bai, but the old Madame had schemed and had Cai Wei's mom marry Mr. Huang. And grown up, Cai Wei looks like her mom so that annoyed Old Madame Bai even more and so she was against her marrying into the Bai family and definitely did not like to see her son Qian Feng nor Qian Sheng marrying her. But under unwanted circumstances to protect Huang Cai Wei's reputation, Cai Wei had to marry Qian Sheng, but only in name, he didn't consummate their marriage because he had loved her since childhood and knew how much she loved his brother. So I'm at the part where she's newly married in to the family and fighting with Jessica Hsuan's character, Ma Fu Fang (the wife) and three other concubines.

I can't wait to see Bai Qian Feng come back alive and see how all this drama gets worse. Hahaha Too much women drama....

Oh and Jackie Lui and Kenneth Tsang has a role in this drama too.

The evil mother also plots against Bai Qian Sheng and keeps his wives from having sons. Her reasoning that since Qian Sheng is not her biological son, if he gets an heir, she would have no authority in the Bai family. So for five years, she had been lacing Ma Fu Fang (Jessica Hsuan)'s food with special medicine that keeps her from having kids--a kind of contraception I guess? And the 2nd wife, had twins one boy one girl but the boy was killed as an infant. Jeesh, I don't know why I watch this...but I guess I'm sorta interested in seeing a role where Han Dong is main.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 06-05-14 at 11:18 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Man...nobody wants to talk about this drama.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I was hoping someone else would contribute to it cause I want to hear more about it!
    I like me.

Jessica Hsuan's character is so darn evil and her father played by Kenneth Tsang is evil too. Poor Cai Wei. She and Qian Sheng finally develop and become real wife and husband and was about to have a baby together. Like any other drama where the wives and concubine fight, the male characters all seem underdeveloped or just isn't there when the real drama and fight happens!! One of the two nice concubines that were on Cai Wei's side is accidentally killed by Ma Fu Fang (Jessica Hsuan). I bet the body count will increase as the series develops. The old Madame Bai is played by the actress that usually plays the Empress Dowagers in other historical dramas. Madame Botox. Qian Feng came back alive, but didn't help much. Ma Fu Fang's plots and get Qian Sheng (Han Dong) to believe that the baby in Cai Wei's stomach is not his and so while the husband is distrusting of Cai Wei, it's easier for the first wife to scheme and kill the baby. Why do I get myself watching dramas like this? Yeah guiltiy pleasure....I was expecting Cai Wei to wise up and plot against them. But maybe after this she will beat them at their game? And to make matters worse, Cai Wei's dad is stabbed multiple times the same night one of the concubines is killed by Ma Fu Fang. Truly alone, Cai Wei lost her baby, her sister wife friend and her only living relative. So Sad!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i61.tinypic.com/2d0bec1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://37.media.tumblr.com/25ffe9f9d6764adc23b31fc696d987e0/tumblr_mpv4qvTtKn1qk5azjo1_1280.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://khophim.vn/sr/SE1868/backdrop1.jpg')

Too many scheming women in this drama...when is the heroine going to stand up and get some winning here? Nice girls can't win. Now even a scheming maid has schemed her way into becoming sixth wife (which Han Dong took against his will). For people who haven't seen this drama...First wife, Ma Fu Fang was married to Bai Qian Sheng because the Ma family is rich and has power to help stabilize the Bai family business. Then when the evil mother had Ma Fu Fang infertile through medicine, she uses it as an excuse to have Qian Sheng marry three more wives. Finally, to protect Huang Cai Wei's reputation and because Qian Sheng had loved Cai Wei since childhood, they got married. Now this scheming maid has practically raped Qian Sheng and lost her v-card and forced herself to stay when Qian Sheng promised to just free her from slavery. Naturally, when the mom find out, Qian Sheng is forced to make the maid his sixth wife. *SMH* Qian Sheng is still jealous of Cai Wei and Qian Feng. When will this drama stop?

I mean, I can't wait for Cai Wei to get back on her feet and start the real fighting with the main wife and the other scheming wives. The only nice wife left is Mei Xiang, who had twins and has a vendetta with the main wife because one of the twins (boy girl twins) was killed by the main wife (Ma Fu Fang). Mei Xiang is a good character. This drama gets so tiring to watch with all this bad stuff happening to the good characters. I need to see some push from the good characters or I'm giving up. Not staying even for you Han Dong!

Update -- I continued watching and it got better. After Cai Wei is banished to another part of the Bai house, the other concubines and the main wife scheme against each other and Cai Wei got more scheme minded and started planning her revenge. She started using other people's greed and needs in order to get herself back to the main house. It get interesting how she plans her pay back. The story just got interesting.

The main wife plots with the third wife to bring the sixth wife down and the 2nd wife. They had a photo session with the whole ladies and had someone shoot at a hornet's nest and everybody got stung but mostly the sixth wife. The sixth wife refuses to take the medicine that the main wife prepares and secretly goes to Cai Wei to get a prescription to cure her face by Qian Sheng (Han Dong)'s birthday. At the same time, Cai Wei purposely tells the sixth wife that she used to use kongming lanterns to celebrate his birthday and the sixth wife did just that to seduce him but the plan fails. He's just reminded of Cai Wei. The main wife gets jealous and thus begins Cai Wei's revenge plan being carried out. It's getting better.

I wonder who sings the ending theme song. It's sung by a male singer...any one know please let me know the title and singer.

the song should be 一朝芳草碧连天.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IT5XQR8M5nk

There is also a female version http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H9Xqty0PtW4

So yea, I watched maybe 2 episodes of this but couldn't take the scheming anymore. The 2010s is becoming the decade of scheming women in harems.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    the song should be 一朝芳草碧连天.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IT5XQR8M5nk

There is also a female version http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H9Xqty0PtW4

So yea, I watched maybe 2 episodes of this but couldn't take the scheming anymore. The 2010s is becoming the decade of scheming women in harems.
    OMG! Thanks Beaver girl! HHaha I thought you don't visit the forums any more or at least not that often. I see they played the song in the series at a later start so that's why the lyrics don't match up, but yeah, it's the same song. Thanks for finding the song.

I wish there were more action among the men like there is with the scheming father in-law (Kenneth Tsang) trying to do illegal opium trades and using Han Dong's medicine traders to transfer them across country. But I would like to see more of Jackie Lui's role in the series or even the two brothers (Han Dong and the 2nd lead). Is there no scheming harem series with equal fight time between the men and women. The scheming between women can get kind of boring, I rather seen a equal balance between the men and women. Like the women be scheming and the men be scheming for different motives but at least not let it be so heavily on the women side.

Ah...I'll hold out to see what comes next..I'm in love with the ending song. Hahaha. Oh yes! I've found where I can download the song and now I can play it repeatedly on my ipod.

Last edited by Suet Seung; 06-08-14 at 10:50 AM.

Default the intro song?

do you guys know what the title of the intro song is? Also, the artist would be helpful.. a youtube like would be GREAT! Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by deeznart View Post
    do you guys know what the title of the intro song is? Also, the artist would be helpful.. a youtube like would be GREAT! Thanks in advance!
    The singer is Zhang Jing.

Man, Jackie Lui was in at least 2 episodes so far. I'm up to episode 41. The third wife is shacking up with her old childhood lover. Sixth wife used Qian Sheng's personal servant, who's from the same hometown and had been in love with her to impregnant her when she was unable to become pregnant with Qian Sheng. *smh* And from last episode's preview of episode 41 looks like the main wife Fu Fang is gonna be kissing with the older brother, Qian Feng. Scandalous! I don't think this drama will have a happy ending, but heh...its sorta fun to watch.

The story gets kind of old when ever they scheme, they show us one thing like the sixth wife plot against Cai Wei, but Cai Wei knows better and counter her attack with another plan but only leading Bi He to think she's winning and then she loses and there's a flashback of how Cai Wei counter her plot scheme. Same thing happens through out the drama, plans are revealed in flashbacks and shown different perspective on the incident.

After watching episode 41, I feel like I can't truly hate any of the characters in this drama, especially the wives they all have their reasons to survive. I just don't like Madame Bai and Ma Guo An (Ma Fu Fang and Ma Xiu Fang's Dad, who has like 46 wives or something). I swear they are the reason people are scheming against each other and for all the misunderstandings in the drama.

Ma Fu Fang's character is very human and I see a very 3D characterization of her character. After five years of no children, she receives pressure from her father to bare children. Dang what a time to be pregnant! Just at the time when the person who's been making the medicine for the Ma Sisters to be infertile (a scheme by Old Madame Bai so the Ma family would not use the child to overtake the Bai Family business and fortune) , the night Qian Feng drunkenly sleeps with Ma Fu Fang, she gets pregnant with him. After finding out she is pregnant, she's very surprised because all this time she thought she was barren. She hesitates on abortion because she loves to become a mother and loves kids as evident with her care for Mei Xiang's daughter.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 06-10-14 at 10:15 PM.

Oh well. Nobody here but me talking about this drama.

I knew it. Every one died except Qian Sheng, Cai Wei and her loyal maid and nanny. I don't know if the writers killing off every one was a good idea. And what a waste of Jackie Lui in this drama. He only appeared in like 3-4 episodes. I think Jackie Lui and Kenneth Tsang were in this series only to move the story along. Jackie's Lao Qi character was only used to save Qian Sheng and Cai Wei...and Kenneth's Ma Guo An and Old Madame Bai's only roles in the whole drama was to ruin everyone's lives by creating discord and spread their evil meanness. I almost felt happy that Madame Bai was shot mutiple times by that Wang official, but no one deserves to be killed off that way violently. Yeah...I think the writer messed up and just wanted to end the drama quickly after 47 episodes. Episode 48 was just weird and even though Cai Wei and Qian Sheng reunited on a battle field years later, while she is aiding injured soldiers during a war...it still seems a bit rushed. I would have done a lot of things differently...but eh...this is still a harem scheme drama...they could care less on how they use these actors properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Oh well. Nobody here but me talking about this drama.
    Let me join you.

1. I thought it was brave (albeit foolish) of Mrs Bai to step forward and confront the soldiers.

2. What followed was probably my favorite scene. After that exchange with the soldier and that Wang official, Mrs Bai turned back, and holding the arms of both Qian Feng and Qian Sheng, she reassured them happily that "mom would save them". It seemed to me she did that naturally, instinctively. I found the scene quite touching, as it seemed to show that she clearly considered Qian Sheng her son too, despite all that bad blood between them from the fight for control of the business,

Actually, I was fully expecting her and/or Qian Feng to do the "he did it; we had nothing to do with it" thing.

The mom reassuring her boys that everything was going to be ok. Quite sweet, really.

3. Gunning her down in that spectacular fashion in front of her family seemed like something that Wang official would do.

Watching the reactions of Qian Feng and Qian Sheng as the shots were fired out made me quite sad.

4. I was surprised when Ma Guo An asked that Wang official to let his daughter go/not to torture her. And he did it twice at that. So he had a heart after all. Pigs must have been flying that day.

5. I was a tad disappointed by how the story ended for Bi He and Mei Xiang. I felt that Karma was a bit too lenient with them. I had been looking forward to them getting their comeuppance, especially Bi He.

6. A compelling show.

Anyway, just some random thoughts.