Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meeting, Dating and Getting married

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Single - Would you ever consider being a member of a dating service via online or rather wait that chance encounter of meeting the one? What about single meet up groups in the area?
    Chance encounter or thru friends. I know that online service is gaining popularity but I am still wary of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    Chance encounter or thru friends. I know that online service is gaining popularity but I am still wary of it.
    One advice: Make sure the person is who he/she is. Investigate. Heard too many horror stories from clients and friends, but there are some good ones too. We singles just need to find that person that is coming out of his/her cave.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    Hehe, that's how it was for my parents minus the first date.
    I think that is some of our Asian parents were back then. LOL.
    Sim neej aws...

I also agree to investigate the person as well. Just saw on the news, more like a program talking about people who met their lover online and its suppose to be a trusted website. They end up just getting cheated out of their money. The more unfortunate victims get pregnant and the lover disappears. I think some of the people tried suing the websites they used as well. I think even if you encounter the person, its still good to check because a friend of mine met someone during a trip and to make the story short, she was not who she said she is. Very nasty custody battle right now.