Page 15 of 101 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast

Thread: Swallowed Star

Chapter 16: Jail (part 2)

The Zhi-An region jail is right next to the police station. The influence of the fighters has caused today's society to fight and brawl a lot, so many people are detained here. Each region has their own jail to detain these people, and Luo Feng will be entering jail today too.

After changing into the gray prisoner uniform, Luo Feng was locked up.

"299, this is the room. Go in" The guardsman pushed Luo Feng in and locked the prison door. The people locked up here were mostly thieves, drunk drivers, brawlers, and criminals awaiting their trials.

Luo Feng's case of a fight was common around here.

Simply put, it was just a small fight between a few people. However, if this case is actually brought to the court, then there is indeed a chance of Luo Feng receiving a few years of imprisonment. The reason is of course——Luo Feng is not a prospective fighter.

In the prison cell.

"Heh, a new one?" A bald brute with tattoos was lying on the bed. Next to him was an old man who was obediently giving him a massage. The bald brute glared at Luo Feng, "Kiddo, you are all skin and bones. Not bad, come and kick my shin!"

Luo Feng looked strangely at the bald brute. He has heard rumors of bullying in the cell, but they were only rumors. This is the first time he has witnessed such an event.

"Damn, are you deaf?" The bald brute glared and stood up.

"Interesting, interesting" Luo Feng was very curious.

"Pickin' a fight?" After the bald brute witnessed Luo Feng's lack of respect, he suddenly rose his palm leaf-like hand and went for Luo Feng's head.

With a slight movement, Luo Feng's arm came out like a viper and grabbed the bald brute's wrist.

"Hm? Hm?" The bald brute shook violently; he felt like his arm was trapped by iron bands. He couldn't exert any strength at all and his face couldn't help but to change completely; he knew he was in deep trouble.

"You want me to kick your shin?" Luo Feng's right hand's fingers strengthened and twisted the bald brute's wrist, who painfully got on the ground and begged: "My brother, I failed to recognize your might. Brother, please let me off the hook. Ah, ah——” The intense pain made him scream out uncontrollably.

Luo Feng exerted some strength and tossed the bald brute against the wall.

"Tell me whenever you want me to kick your shin" Luo Feng said in ill humor. With that, he suddenly leaped, and with some help with his right hand, he was already lying on the bed.

The bald brute sat in the corner and rubbed his right arm's wrist.

And the old man and the skinny young man on the bed who were also in the cell looked at the bald brute, and then looked at Luo Feng.

"Baldie Huang, what's wrong?" The guardsman standing in front of the prison snickered, "Who messed with you? How did this happen? Oh, a quick reminder, that new young man who just joined you came here after beating four elite members of the dojo. Be careful and don't provoke him"

After saying that, the guardsman hummed a small hymn and left.

"Shoulda said that earlier" The bald brute looked in fear towards the bed, "One person beat four elite members of the dojo? That's messed up"

Meanwhile, Luo Feng was thinking about what he read at the limit hall, about the 'Genetic Energy Techniques': "Hm, since I have nothing to do here anyway, when it gets dark, I might as well try to train my genetic energy!"

Fighters rely on genetic energy for their unstoppable strength.
      ××××××

When Luo Feng was planning his genetic energy training in his cell, inside a room in a KTV* near the Zhi-An region police station: two young men were flirting with a young women. One of them shrieked and howled as he sang. And that young man was precisely Zhang Hao Bai.

"Alright, you two can leave now" Zhang Hao Bai waved his hand. The only people that were left in the room were Zhang Hao Bai and another teenager who was wearing glasses.

"Brother Zhou, I asked you here for a favor" Zhang Hao Bai spoke.

"If you have something to ask for then don't hold back" The glasses wearing teenager laughed, "If I can help, then I definitely will do so right away"

"It's like this, there's someone named Luo Feng! This maggot always goes against me" As he was talking, Zhang Hao Bai spit in rage, "This time, he injured my three bodyguards and beat me up. Brother, I can't take this! This person is locked up in jail now, so I want to ask brother Zhou to get through the guardsmen and teach Luo Feng a lesson"

"Oh? No problem. However, I need money for the guardsmen's cooperation" The glasses wearing teenager wrinkled his eyebrow.

"Money is not a problem, I have a hundred thousand right here! After the task is complete, I'll give another hundred thousand" Zhang Hao Bai immediately threw his wallet towards the teenager.

"Haha, awesome" The glasses wearing teenager didn't even look at the wallet and nodded, "Two hundred thousand. We can do anything to him as long as we don't kill him. Tell me, how should we beat him up?"

"Break one of his legs and one of his arms!" Zhang Hao Bai clenched his teeth.

"Sure, that's easy" The glasses wearing teenager immediately nodded.

Zhang Hao Bai reminded: "Brother Zhou, this Luo Feng is not an easy target. He beat me and my three bodyguards"

"No worries" The glasses wearing teenager laughed in confidence, "You can put a thousand and two hundred hearts worth of trust in me and wait for the good news"

*TL note: for those who don’t know, KTV is a place where you can rent a private room and sing along with pre-recorded videos/songs (karaoke)

Thanks mathew1122

Thanks Matthew1122 , can't wait to see luo after his genetic energy training, hoping he will crush everyone in jail who dares to mess with him.

Thanks Mathew1122

Poor guy, he's going to get slaughtered then when Luo Feng leaves he's going to slaughter Zhao again

Thanks mathew1122

Thanks mathew1122

Just finished with the raw....

click to show/hide spoilers
    Seriously, what the hell kind of ending is that? Nothing is resolved. Not the 6th pair of wings, the divine route evolution, the revenge, the mountain teacher's backstory...nothing. Just a vague cliffhanger with a whole lot of loose ends.

Please tell me I'm missing a volume somewhere or something! It was such a long series too.
    Last edited by bludvein; 07-27-14 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
    Just finished with the raw....

Seriously, what the hell kind of ending is that? Nothing is resolved. Not the 6th pair of wings, the divine route evolution, the revenge, the mountain teacher's backstory...nothing. Just a vague cliffhanger with a whole lot of loose ends.

Please tell me I'm missing a volume somewhere or something! It was such a long series too.

It's the ending for a novel depicting Luo Feng's early adventures into mastery of the his known universe.
    Much is left to the readers' imagination of a sequel.

6 pairs of wings are complete after he destroyed that 'Holy Shrine' universe and called the final pair of wings.
    Presumably, he'll be using the complete set of wings in the re-incarnation macro universe.

Divine route led him to be the most powerful in his known universe, but there are still more levels.
    That 'sequel' should have him up more levels, maybe to the point where he doesn't have restraint limits.

Sit off the mountain teacher is from the macro universe,
    and he taught disciples in hope of a successor powerful enough to enter it and seek revenge for him.

click "Reply With Quotes" to show spoilers

Thanks mathew1122

Quote Originally Posted by Ahoxan View Post

It's the ending for a novel depicting Luo Feng's early adventures into mastery of the his known universe.
    Much is left to the readers' imagination of a sequel.

6 pairs of wings are complete after he destroyed that 'Holy Shrine' universe and called the final pair of wings.
    Presumably, he'll be using the complete set of wings in the re-incarnation macro universe.

Divine route led him to be the most powerful in his known universe, but there are still more levels.
    That 'sequel' should have him up more levels, maybe to the point where he doesn't have restraint limits.

Sit off the mountain teacher is from the macro universe,
    and he taught disciples in hope of a successor powerful enough to enter it and seek revenge for him.

click "Reply With Quotes" to show spoilers
    I still find it an incredibly unsatisfying ending. It's almost like he just got bored with it near the end. Of the 3 of I Eat Tomato's works that I've read, this is definitely dead last. Coiling Dragon was the best one, and Stellar Transformations was decent(despite its sometimes repetitive and slow spots). I think I'll give his new series that's still in serial a try, is it any good?

I read the spoilers for stellar transformation n it ruined the experience quite a bit. Having learned my lesson I no longer dare to look at spoilers again.

Volume 1 Chapter 17: Late night in jail (part 1)

Deep into the night. The moon and stars weren't visible in today's sky, so the cell Luo Feng resided in was completely dark. Only the roads outside of the cell had some light.

[HU~~~] snores kept ringing throughout the cell, showing that virtually everyone was in deep sleep.

Suddenly——

On the left bed, Luo Feng, who was originally lying in rest, sat up. His legs were crossed and his soles faced forwards. His hands rested on his legs and his back was perfectly straight.

"According to the article I saw at the Limit Hall, there is only one type of genetic energy training on earth——Wu Xin Xian Tian training. Once someone reaches the body fitness level of a fighter, they usually are able to start their genetic energy training right away" Luo Feng took in a deep breath, "The article said that the first 'feeling' is the hardest!"

To absorb the cosmic energy, you need to be able to sense them first.

According to the article, this energy is spread around the earth. Even the stars in the universe has this energy. However..... most people can't detect the presence of the energy.

"As long as I can do the 'feeling', it'll be easy to absorb them"

"The talented people can sense the energies on their first day of training. The less talented fighters take up to one and a half years just to sense the energy" Luo Feng adjusted his breathing and kept the position of the Wu Xin Xian Tian technique. The Wu Xin* refers to 'the two soles, the two palms, and the main artery in the head'.

*TL note: Wu Xin means Five Hearts.

Breathe.....

Luo Feng's breathing slowly stabilized. As he stabilized himself, Luo Feng could feel his heart becoming calm.

"My body has to loosen up. The Wu Xin Xian Tian is a natural process. I have to calm my heart, calm my heart like a lake in the reflection of a mirror" Luo Feng's self control was good so he was able to slowly calm himself, even his heart was calmed.

It was completely silent. His breathing could barely be heard.

One minute, two minutes..... thirty minutes, one hour.....

"Hm?" Luo Feng suddenly opened his eyes, "Where is this so called energy? How come I can't sense it? My heart and body should've been very calm just now. Maybe, like the article said, a talented person can succeed on the first day, but an untalented person would take one and a half years to sense the energy?"

"I'll try again" Luo Feng shut his eyes and tried to feel the energy described in the article.

Relaxed, quiet.

These were the two points that the Wu Xin Xian Tian technique stressed the most.

"Still not right" Half an hour later, Luo Feng opened his eyes.

Luo Feng has witnessed that the first stage of genetic energy training——feeling,is very difficult.

"I'll try one last time. If I don't succeed I'll wait until tomorrow night. I hope I can succeed" Luo Feng hoped in his heart, shut his eyes, and started to calm himself again in order to sense the energy.

Time passed slowly, ten minutes..... thirty minutes..... fifty minutes..... one hour and twenty minutes.....

"How come it's still not working?"

In his almost meditative state, Luo Feng's thoughts started to slow down too.

Slowly.....

In this almost meditative state, Luo Feng had a bit of hope in the bottom of his heart, hoping to sense the energy. However, as time passed, Luo Feng was falling asleep! A normal person who thinks of nothing and closes his eyes for half an hour at late night would fall asleep, and Luo Feng has been going at this for three hours already.

About to fall asleep, Luo Feng forgot to try and sense the energy.

"So comfortable"

Luo Feng, who was falling asleep, felt a faint energy go through his soles, palms, and the major artery of his head. At a slow steady rate, it entered his body.

"What is this?" Luo Feng was still half asleep.

"It's the energy!!!" Luo Feng abruptly woke up and opened his eyes. The feeling he had before immediately disappeared.

Luo Feng never thought that he would be able to sense the energy when he was about to fall asleep.

"I felt it, I felt it, that must be the energy I was looking for" Luo Feng was extremely happy inside, "According to the article, once you pass the prospective fighter test, many people can start their genetic energy training. Even if you don't sense it consciously, your body slowly absorbs it unconsciously"

Luo Feng knew that the feeling just now meant that he was absorbing the energy. However, this kind of absorption speed was much too slow.

"It's that kind of feeling"

Luo Feng shut his eyes and tried to sense it again. He stabilized his breathing and calmed his heart. His consciousness focused on the soles of his feet, the palms of his hands, and the artery of his head. He tried to sense the energy he just felt.

He felt like he sensed the energy, but at the same time he felt like he didn't.

Slowly, the feeling was getting clearer and clearer.

It's this!
    Last edited by mathew1122; 08-16-14 at 06:59 PM.

Thanks mathew1122

Thanks Mathew1122

Thanks Mathew1122

Thanks Mathew1122

Thanks Mathew1122

Thanks Mathew1122

Thanks Matthew1122
    Quote Originally Posted by ptsome110 View Post
    I read the spoilers for stellar transformation n it ruined the experience quite a bit. Having learned my lesson I no longer dare to look at spoilers again.
    Yes i agree, i think we should ask Matthew1122 to open a spoiler thread for those who can't wait the translation to prevent this one to be spoiled.