Thread: What is the name of this wuxia series?

Default What is the name of this wuxia series?

This is an old wuxia series from the 1980s or 1990s. I think it's a Taiwan series.

All I remember is that there's this big family that got chased by assassins or someone. The parents died I think and the siblings were split apart. All the siblings had a caretaker. One of the brothers became blind and had a master who taught him martial arts and he was really good even though he lost his sight. The people in charge of the siblings promised to meet each other years later but only the blind brother and his master were at the meeting place. The blind brother thought his siblings died because they didn't come to reunite with him. I remembered there was a beautiful Taiwanese actress in this series.

I only watched the beginning of this series and it's been a long time. If anybody remembers any series similar to this, please let me know the chinese, english, or vietnamese title. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by zeroxshin View Post
    This is an old wuxia series from the 1980s or 1990s. I think it's a Taiwan series.

All I remember is that there's this big family that got chased by assassins or someone. The parents died I think and the siblings were split apart. All the siblings had a caretaker. One of the brothers became blind and had a master who taught him martial arts and he was really good even though he lost his sight. The people in charge of the siblings promised to meet each other years later but only the blind brother and his master were at the meeting place. The blind brother thought his siblings died because they didn't come to reunite with him. I remembered there was a beautiful Taiwanese actress in this series.

I only watched the beginning of this series and it's been a long time. If anybody remembers any series similar to this, please let me know the chinese, english, or vietnamese title. Thank you!
    Sounds like Giang Nam Phong Van:
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Hi! Thank you for replying! No, that drama isn't Giang Nam Phong Van but I will probably check this drama out since I have never watched it before. Thank you again for taking the time to reply!

The drama that I am looking for, I think, has the Taiwanese actress name Trieu Vinh Hinh in it. She's in another famous Taiwanese drama called "Love in the Rain" with Tan Han and Leanne Liu (Luu Tuyet Hoa). She plays the half sister of Leanne Liu in the drama and she competes for Tan Han's love.

Anyways, in the Taiwanese drama that I am trying to find, I think Trieu Vinh Hinh is the main female character or supporting actress. I can't remember clearly though. She might be the sister of the main male character that is blind. All I remember is that she's so pretty and another guy was trying to woo her. I just remember that I was worried that the main blind guy might fall in love with his sister and they didn't know they were siblings since they were scattered away from each other.

If any of this jogs anybody's memory, please let me know. I might of not remembered correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroxshin View Post
    Hi! Thank you for replying! No, that drama isn't Giang Nam Phong Van but I will probably check this drama out since I have never watched it before. Thank you again for taking the time to reply!

The drama that I am looking for, I think, has the Taiwanese actress name Trieu Vinh Hinh in it. She's in another famous Taiwanese drama called "Love in the Rain" with Tan Han and Leanne Liu (Luu Tuyet Hoa). She plays the half sister of Leanne Liu in the drama and she competes for Tan Han's love.

Anyways, in the Taiwanese drama that I am trying to find, I think Trieu Vinh Hinh is the main female character or supporting actress. I can't remember clearly though. She might be the sister of the main male character that is blind. All I remember is that she's so pretty and another guy was trying to woo her. I just remember that I was worried that the main blind guy might fall in love with his sister and they didn't know they were siblings since they were scattered away from each other.

If any of this jogs anybody's memory, please let me know. I might of not remembered correctly.
    Do you recall if it's wuxia, fantasy, qing dynasty, etc?
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Default -

This is the first time Ive ever been on this TV series bit...I thought it was total crap...end of story.Now Ive got that of my chest I wont be coming back to this bit again .