Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When DFBB took over the Sun and Moon Cult, why did he?

yet another TV series butcher DFBB. Poor guy.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Are you trying to say DFBB is the lesser evil compare to RWX? Did LHC make a mistake by helping RWX killing DFBB? How long was RWX imprison by DFBB?
    In the original novel yes i would say so purely because DFBB only appeared for a short while. Like many others you will probably say that he / she poisoned the cult members to gain full control of the cult, isn't that evil? My rationale would be this, the members of the cult are unorthodox and ruthless people in the first place, only way to ensure that they wouldnt rebel against him / her would be to fight fire with fire.

However, in the novel nothing was mentioned about DFBB desiring to conquer the world with the use of violence. Perhaps it was the Sunflower Manual that changed his view about life. Anyhow, I can only conclude that DFBB was less evil / domineering as compared to RWX. During his / her reign, the wulin did enjoy a time of peace.

LHC obvious made a grave mistake by helping RWX kill DFBB but LHC being LHC, carefree and naive, wouldnt have thought about the consequences of RWX regaining power.

If there is no flaw in XXDF then the story would be very different.
    Agree. RYY would never have met LHC and the Sun Moon Cult could have dominated the jianghu. But that would be another story
    Last edited by Steven Chen; 08-20-14 at 01:08 AM.

Can't imagine the pre Sunflower Manual DFBB as being any nicer than RWX. You don't really try to rebel against a ruthless genius without some huge aspirations of your own.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    I think DFBB would be quite happy with that girl representing him! After all, he was quite jealous of RYY's looks.

Giving more details about DFBB's character was actually a brilliant idea. DFBB's admiration for LHC was in fact very well developed too. Whereas RYY's affection towards LHC in the original novel was somewhat abrupt. She developed feelings for him after hearing about his love towards YLS just doesnt make any sense.

It's refreshing to see a beautiful and powerful woman version of DFBB instead of a transvestite for once.

Based on the novel, DFBB was promoted many times by RWX in a short period of time which was not a common practice within the cult. Imprisoning RWX was DFBB's way of showing his app reaction towards RWX. Sounds crazy though

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dongfang Xue View Post
    Based on the novel, DFBB was promoted many times by RWX in a short period of time which was not a common practice within the cult. Imprisoning RWX was DFBB's way of showing his app reaction towards RWX. Sounds crazy though
    Don't you have a story to write😀😀

Only joking.

Yes a remember that scene as well. If we accept that DFBB had a sentimental streak then it could be argued that he spared RYY due to some warped sense of paternal affection.

Quote Originally Posted by Eccentric One View Post
    It's refreshing to see a beautiful and powerful woman version of DFBB instead of a transvestite for once.
    We've seen that before. Plenty of times in my impression. The only version that got it right (according to the novel) that I'm aware of is TVB's SOD 1997-ish. Confession: I haven't followed the TV scene in many years so something new may have emerged.
    Last edited by PJ; 08-20-14 at 03:06 PM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

We've seen that before. Plenty of times in my impression. The only version that got it right (according to the novel) that I'm aware of is TVB's SOD 1997-ish. Confession: I haven't followed the TV scene in many years so something new may have emerged.
    DFBB of TVB's SOD 1997 is ugly and disgusting.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://afamily1.vcmedia.vn/Tnk9vRlUgEMOa9xiFyoQdi0bvg9Omj/Image/2012/10/Lo-Chan-Thuan-vai-Dong-Phuong-Bat-Bai_c4dc4.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://baoanhdatmui.vn/vcms/media/photos/2012/6/3.6/P30-31-606-4.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb383/imaxvn/00-24-07-1.jpg')

DFBB of Mainland China is so beautiful

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/309545_495999563776450_920689748_n.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReANsOkUAn3eZ73xaWRvy73QAKxntah 0K0eqVUXS1gxpnbOx_50a-33ic')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://pic.dbw.cn/0/05/24/88/5248855_194642.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://plumblossomspetals.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/65206_10151477872776449_1736819213_n.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://dr2myn8hjue41.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/muh1.jpg')

Per the novel, DFBB IS disgusting. All the hot DFBB's are non-canon.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    Don't you have a story to write😀😀

Only joking.

Yes a remember that scene as well. If we accept that DFBB had a sentimental streak then it could be argued that he spared RYY due to some warped sense of paternal affection.
    Oh my god Mandred...I almost forgot

Just kidding lol. Been kinda brain dead lately too much work to do. I'll get back to it real soon

I believe the series was made in 1996 before DGSD 1997.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Though the novel DFBB is completely different from movies and various series, it is a pretty interesting concept to have LHC fall in love with him....though the story was written in the 50's-60's(?) so it wouldn't go too well back then I don't think.

When Yang Guo loses a limb and XLN still loves him...it'd be amazing if she suddenly revealed that it's okay he's missing an appendage...cause it turns out she has an extra one!

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    Though the novel DFBB is completely different from movies and various series, it is a pretty interesting concept to have LHC fall in love with him....though the story was written in the 50's-60's(?) so it wouldn't go too well back then I don't think.
    After almost 7 years watching the 97 version and then now the 2013 version I kind of like the new adaptation though many feltYZ butchered the novel. Miss Dongfang and LHC's initial relationship was much better developed. RYY loving a complete stranger bcz of a music manual and his love for another girl was too unrealistic. But then again the original novel was written decades ago where human minds were far more simpler so it's should be considered a great effort.

Ryy falling for lhc was more love at first sight. N after hearing how much he loved his martial sister etc was what made her fell for him. He was emotional kind etc. Dfbb in latest adaption toke all ryy scenes which was what made ryy character useless in the adaption. Yz production copied singapore production with steve ma n fann wong with lhc falling for dfbb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmcfz0GbLIg
    2012 version was more lovey dovey idol drama n drag too much. N fight scenes were horrendous compared to other versions.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4LR8vvvy-s&app=desktop
    96 had best fights, actors, music, pacing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmcfz0GbLIg
    2000 richie ren n anita had best sword choreography but cast badly chosen n some story n pace dragged.

Bah! If I was to do a new adaptation I would have hot females play DFBB, LPZ and YBQ.

The females for LPZ and YBQ would be dressed like man, and then after learning BXJF, put on makeup and dresses _and_ fall for LHC as well.

If YG can fall in love with his Sifu, it would be hypocritical of YG fans to condemn LHC and YBQ on that account. If they condemn it on account of YBQ being male, then it would also be hypocritical since many fans supported the latest DFBB being with LHC. So there!***

I'll have Madame Yue conveniently knocked off by ZLC early on to avoid a conflict. Heck! Lets have ZLC be played by a hot *****y looking female as well! In my version, he gets to learn BXJF as well!

*** Anyway, knowing audiences, it won't be a problem. Put a hot actress and some bishonen male actor together with enough sappy slow-mo soft focus shots and sappy love songs in the background and they would support it against any logic and in fact cry foul if you don't let them be together.
    Last edited by CC; 08-24-14 at 01:32 AM.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Bah! If I was to do a new adaptation I would have hot females play DFBB, LPZ and YBQ.

The females for LPZ and YBQ would be dressed like man, and then after learning BXJF, put on makeup and dresses _and_ fall for LHC as well.

If YG can fall in love with his Sifu, it would be hypocritical of YG fans to condemn LHC and YBQ on that account. If they condemn it on account of YBQ being male, then it would also be hypocritical since many fans supported the latest DFBB being with LHC. So there!***

I'll have Madame Yue conveniently knocked off by ZLC early on to avoid a conflict. Heck! Lets have ZLC be played by a hot *****y looking female as well! In my version, he gets to learn BXJF as well!

*** Anyway, knowing audiences, it won't be a problem. Put a hot actress and some bishonen male actor together with enough sappy slow-mo soft focus shots and sappy love songs in the background and they would support it against any logic and in fact cry foul if you don't let them be together.
    CC, is DFBB by Joe Chen a female instead of a castrated male?

CC, is DFBB by Joe Chen a female instead of a castrated male?
    I dunno, never watched it. Just assumed. So in that version females can learn Sunflower with no problems then?

Anyway, don't care. Joe Chen is hot, I'd tap it.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post

Found the perfect vid for you