Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Qin 《秦时明月》 - Lu Yi, Jiang Jin Fu, Michelle Chen, Sun Yi Zhou

Quote Originally Posted by lenje View Post
    As for her sloppiness, though, it's probably intentional. When she was treating Ge Nie (for the second time?), maybe she still thought Ge Nie was responsible for Jing Ke's death. So she only halfheartedly treated him.
    I don't think it's the writing. It would be rather strange for a script to actually instruct such sloppy work. There is room for Michelle to do it well (unless the directors did not find this important). She was all over the place taking the pulse (even Zhao Li Ying as Hua Qian Gu performed it better). Had no steadiness in her hands when performing acupuncture. True, she had bizarrely huge silver needles/weapons, but of all the physicians I've seen in other period dramas, they perform the essential skills quite well. There is a difference between poor performance and playing that eccentric, lousy-mannered but highly skilled physician methinks. One of Liu Shi Shi's earliest roles was a physician in Young Yang Warriors. She was awesome.

BUT! I hope there won't be too much focus on romance in the forthcoming episodes. So far the balance is right, please keep it that way. The fighting scenes is one of the drama's strength -- I want to see them more.
    Ditto. While I want a bit more substance in the relationship, I don't want them to belabor it in exposition. Profound points can be done with creative scripts. No way should they take it from the fighting. Wuxia all the way .

I wonder if DMR actually knows GN from before?
    Hmm, I thought that too at their first meeting. From GN's reactions, I felt there was a regret that hinted a bit more than just him being the killer of DMR's sworn brother. There should be a time between DMR healing him, GN getting better, and anything after that before he swaggered off into the Wuxia-political world again. I reckon we might get more flashback material than just a glimpse of DMR as a young physician.

So far, the only couple which I really feel the chemistry is Ge Nie and Wei Zhuang. I like their conflicted feelings for each other and I love the childhood flashbacks. Both actors are doing quite well. But somehow, I didn't catch onto Che Lian loving Wei Zhuang until ep 13. And does Bai Feng have feelings for Che Lian then? Or are they siblings?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    So far, the only couple which I really feel the chemistry is Ge Nie and Wei Zhuang. I like their conflicted feelings for each other and I love the childhood flashbacks. Both actors are doing quite well. But somehow, I didn't catch onto Che Lian loving Wei Zhuang until ep 13. And does Bai Feng have feelings for Che Lian then? Or are they siblings?
    Glad I'm not the only one! These two also look beautiful together. Did you see in the trailer, the scene where they're in a gazebo, Wei Zheng is on a wheelchair? Agree, their chemistry is great.

Ep 13 is soooo draggy, I FF-ed almost the whole vid. What is that tension between Gao Jianli and Xue Nv? I'm actually quite disappointed we barely get any scene where Xue Nv shows her dance-fighting.

Glad I'm not the only one! These two also look beautiful together. Did you see in the trailer, the scene where they're in a gazebo, Wei Zheng is on a wheelchair? Agree, their chemistry is great.
    Hehe. It looked like that Wei Zhuang was crippled and Ge Nie was taking care of him (like a good spouse) I was quite surprised at Wei Zhuang wanting to rebuild Qi Sha Men to its former glory even though he had received some horribel abuse as a child. It shows that he is not a bad man underneath all the frustration, pain and bitterness.

Actually I even feel something special in the short flashback scenes between Ge Nie and Jing Ke.

I am up to ep 14 and still not feeling it between Gao Yue and Tianming, nor Xue Nv and Gao Jianli. I am so looking forward to Che Lian and Shaoyu hitting it off. And I have always liked the historical Fusu or even Ziying so looking forward to him appearing in the series.

Ep 13 is soooo draggy, I FF-ed almost the whole vid. What is that tension between Gao Jianli and Xue Nv? I'm actually quite disappointed we barely get any scene where Xue Nv shows her dance-fighting.
    I think Gao Jianli is somewhat attracted to Xue Nv when they met again in Fei Xue Ge and touched upon hearing that she loved him from a long time ago. But at the same time, he feels guilty towards her as the organisation that his life revolves around nearly ruined hers. Seeing her makes him face the truth that Qi Sha Men was not as glorious as he had thought and that his blind loyalty over the years was all for nothing. Xue Nv may fight more later on.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Actually I even feel something special in the short flashback scenes between Ge Nie and Jing Ke.
    I read that the original novel insinuates there is probably something between Xue Nv and Jing Ke in the past. I wonder how faithful the anime is to the novel. Someone upthread was hoping that the drama would follow the novel rather than the anime, so I'm curious now.

I think Gao Jianli is somewhat attracted to Xue Nv when they met again in Fei Xue Ge and touched upon hearing that she loved him from a long time ago. But at the same time, he feels guilty towards her as the organisation that his life revolves around nearly ruined hers. Seeing her makes him face the truth that Qi Sha Men was not as glorious as he had thought and that his blind loyalty over the years was all for nothing. Xue Nv may fight more later on.
    Can you enlighten me how did Qi Sha Men almost ruin Xue Nv's life? I earlier thought the senior characters (Ge Nie, Wei Zheng, Gao Jianli, Xue Nv, and Jing Ke) came from the same organization/sect. Where are Da Si Ming and Xiao Si Ming come from? And why does Xiao Si Ming always protect Tianming since childhood? Is it the organization that put the curse in Tianming?

I read that the original novel insinuates there is probably something between Xue Nv and Jing Ke in the past. I wonder how faithful the anime is to the novel. Someone upthread was hoping that the drama would follow the novel rather than the anime, so I'm curious now.
    I have no idea. I have not read or seen the anime. So I have totally no idea on what comes next.

Can you enlighten me how did Qi Sha Men almost ruin Xue Nv's life? I earlier thought the senior characters (Ge Nie, Wei Zheng, Gao Jianli, Xue Nv, and Jing Ke) came from the same organization/sect. Where are Da Si Ming and Xiao Si Ming come from? And why does Xiao Si Ming always protect Tianming since childhood? Is it the organization that put the curse in Tianming?
    Qi Sha Men has two factions. One the Life Faction where Ge Nie and Gao Jian Li are from. They get the fame and glory and power within the sect. The other is the Death Faction where Wei Zhuang, Xue Nv come from. They do all the assassination and dirty work to give the false impression that the dudes from the Life Faction are so powerful and unstoppable. So all who enter the Death Faction no longer have any self, life or identity, they are just like dispensable killing machines controlled by Ge Nie's dad, with no way out but by death.

Xue Nv and Wei Zhuang were sort of coerced into joining the Death Faction and thus have been given the death sentence, but upon the destruction of the Qi Sha Men, they got a new life where they could do what they want and have the freedom that they were deprived of when they were slaves.

Gao Jian Li and Ge Nie don't know about the Death Faction. So it is quite a blow to Gao Jian Li when he finds out since he thought that Qi Sha Men was so perfect.

I am not sure, but I think Jing Ke comes from another sect, most probably the Mozi, like DMR and co, where they preach universal love to end all wars.

Da Si Ming and Xiao Si Ming belong to the Xi Clan, headed by Dong Huang Tai Yi (aka eunuch Zhao Gao), which aim at toppling all kingdoms to take revenge on the Zhao kingdom which massacred their clan to take the blame for a military failure. Dong Huang Tai Yi and co were the ones who selected Tianming and implanted the evil curse into him, so that they could use him as their killing machine later on, probably to take on armies. But I think the power needs to grow and develop inside Tianming in due time so until Tianming comes under their control, Xiao Si Ming has to protect the valuable asset from harm.

I haven't watched the latest eps yet. Will change answer if anything different comes up.
    Cyril Connolly

Qi Sha Men has two factions. One the Life Faction where Ge Nie and Gao Jian Li are from. They get the fame and glory and power within the sect. The other is the Death Faction where Wei Zhuang, Xue Nv come from. They do all the assassination and dirty work to give the false impression that the dudes from the Life Faction are so powerful and unstoppable. So all who enter the Death Faction no longer have any self, life or identity, they are just like dispensable killing machines controlled by Ge Nie's dad, with no way out but by death.

Xue Nv and Wei Zhuang were sort of coerced into joining the Death Faction and thus have been given the death sentence, but upon the destruction of the Qi Sha Men, they got a new life where they could do what they want and have the freedom that they were deprived of when they were slaves.

Gao Jian Li and Ge Nie don't know about the Death Faction. So it is quite a blow to Gao Jian Li when he finds out since he thought that Qi Sha Men was so perfect.

I am not sure, but I think Jing Ke comes from another sect, most probably the Mozi, like DMR and co, where they preach universal love to end all wars.

Da Si Ming and Xiao Si Ming belong to the Xi Clan, headed by Dong Huang Tai Yi (aka eunuch Zhao Gao), which aim at toppling all kingdoms to take revenge on the Zhao kingdom which massacred their clan to take the blame for a military failure. Dong Huang Tai Yi and co were the ones who selected Tianming and implanted the evil curse into him, so that they could use him as their killing machine later on, probably to take on armies. But I think the power needs to grow and develop inside Tianming in due time so until Tianming comes under their control, Xiao Si Ming has to protect the valuable asset from harm.

I haven't watched the latest eps yet. Will change answer if anything different comes up.
    You're the best! I think I need to rewatch some earlier episodes to match your explanation and the scenes

OMG! Who poisoned my Ju Zi?
    Last edited by charbydis; 12-16-15 at 04:31 AM.
    Cyril Connolly

OMG! Who poisoned my Ju Zi?
    Aren't they the Xi Clan? They look like underground witches with the black robe and the circle thing LOL.

So can we assume that Gao Yue is Ju Zi's daughter?

I also wonder why Ge Nie is silent around Tianming. Guilty feeling? Because he technically killed his father?

BTW, I'm still not clear about Tianming being the "killing"machine by the Xi Clan. How was he picked up? Was it random?
    Last edited by lenje; 12-16-15 at 05:41 AM.

Aren't they the Xi Clan? They look like underground witches with the black robe and the circle thing LOL.
    Oh! Don't get started on how they remind me of the witches from that old Macbeth movie (before they stripped naked and danced around a boiling cauldron!

So can we assume that Gao Yue is Ju Zi's daughter?
    click to show/hide spoilers

Yup. Ep 18 says it all but you can sort of see Canti's face behind the white cloth as Gao Yue recounts her last memory of her dad.

But it seems that Gao Yue inherited some magic powers off her mother who I am still trying figure what her background is and why she looks the same as Da Si Ming's nemesis in the Xi Clan. Are they twins, did she had amnesia? Still trying to figure it out. Is Gao Yue able to control Tianming's power outbreaks because they share the same power origin (Xi clan)?

I also wonder why Ge Nie is silent around Tianming. Guilty feeling? Because he technically killed his father?
    Yes. he feels guilty because it was by his hands that Jing Ke was killed, even though Jing Ke had planned it to be so all along. But All Ge Nie feels is guilt, the more close Tianming gets, the more guilty he feels. He doesn't want to to lie to Tianming and it pains him to see Tianming being kept in the dark, but he has to keep doing so as one, Tianming might run away and he won't be able to protect him anymore and two, Tianming can't handle the truth amongst the evil power running beserk inside him. And he is prepared to let Tianming kill him if he wants to take revenge so he won't take him as a disciple to remove any reason for Tianming to be conflicted when killing him.

Seriously, I think Ge Nie has overthought the matter (like why he was running away from DMR). Tianming is a kid with a simple mind but he is not unreasonable. I think he will understand his father's noble sacrifice when he gets older.

BTW, I'm still not clear about Tianming being the "killing"machine by the Xi Clan. How was he picked up? Was it random?
    I think they selected him because he was born under the right stars and had magical powers to move objects around the room even when he was a baby. So I guess Tianming had the right body to contain this evil power of the Xi Clan. I am hoping they would clarify it more.

So far, I am surprised that Da Si Ming actually romantically likes Shao Si Ming, which is hella creepy since he brought her up as a kid. Prince Fusu is such a nice and understanding guy. Fatty Huhai is annoying. Interesting to know that the actor who plays Dong Huang Taiyi is the same guy who plated the Crown Prince in BBJX.
    Cyril Connolly

Yup. Ep 18 says it all but you can sort of see Canti's face behind the white cloth as Gao Yue recounts her last memory of her dad.

But it seems that Gao Yue inherited some magic powers off her mother who I am still trying figure what her background is and why she looks the same as Da Si Ming's nemesis in the Xi Clan. Are they twins, did she had amnesia? Still trying to figure it out. Is Gao Yue able to control Tianming's power outbreaks because they share the same power origin (Xi clan)?
    Which one is DSM's nemesis? The waitress? I really need to rewatch some episodes

What do you mean Gao Yue's power originates from the Xi Clan? How did she end up being DMR's protege?

Seriously, I think Ge Nie has overthought the matter (like why he was running away from DMR). Tianming is a kid with a simple mind but he is not unreasonable. I think he will understand his father's noble sacrifice when he gets older.

I think they selected him because he was born under the right stars and had magical powers to move objects around the room even when he was a baby. So I guess Tianming had the right body to contain this evil power of the Xi Clan. I am hoping they would clarify it more.

So far, I am surprised that Da Si Ming actually romantically likes Shao Si Ming, which is hella creepy since he brought her up as a kid. Prince Fusu is such a nice and understanding guy. Fatty Huhai is annoying. Interesting to know that the actor who plays Dong Huang Taiyi is the same guy who plated the Crown Prince in BBJX.
    When did Ge Nie run away from DMR? Is it when he left the scroll (with pictures of wuxia strokes) on Tianming? And thank you for bringing up BBJX! I was thinking hard where have I seen that face LOL.

Am I correct to assume that Tianming is the illegitimate son of Jing Ke and the emperor's consort? And because in the drama he was found by Ge Nie when he's already a teenager, I'm curious how he was raised after his mother's suicide

The drama has been doing a lot of flashbacks. It's sometimes annoying, but I'd rather have that then verbal explanations. I can't wait until questions are answered!

I remember a diehard fan of the anime complained -- after the first 6 eps -- that Wei Zheng was portrayed in bad light. But judging from these past last episodes (which you also have pointed out), it's definitely not the case. He might be the villain, but he's that complex and layered villain that you can't really hate or you may even admire . On the other hand, I don't see the important role of the mechanic grandpa/inventor, and he's started to annoy me.

Good news for those hoping for English sub, Viki has license this series.

https://www.viki.com/tv/30114c-the-legend-of-qin

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiarocks View Post
    Good news for those hoping for English sub, Viki has license this series.

https://www.viki.com/tv/30114c-the-legend-of-qin
    Awesome! Unfortunately the LoQ fanchannel isn't available in my country , but there's always hope someone will upload it on YouTube. I wonder if I can watch the subbed videos later on another site (maplestage?).

I'm also quite happy with the fact that it's doing pretty good rating wise. Last time I checked on vlinkage's weibo and baidu (with the tremendous help of Google translation), it ranked no 2 or 3, so it's even ahead of popular dramas like Love Me If You Dare or Women on the Bread Tree [?]. Regardless, as long as the story keeps being interesting, no too crazy plots, and -- most importantly -- fighting scenes are there in appropriate dose, I'm content

Awesome! Unfortunately the LoQ fanchannel isn't available in my country , but there's always hope someone will upload it on YouTube. I wonder if I can watch the subbed videos later on another site (maplestage?).
    It'll probably be on another site.

I'm also quite happy with the fact that it's doing pretty good rating wise. Last time I checked on vlinkage's weibo and baidu (with the tremendous help of Google translation), it ranked no 2 or 3, so it's even ahead of popular dramas like Love Me If You Dare or Women on the Bread Tree [?]. Regardless, as long as the story keeps being interesting, no too crazy plots, and -- most importantly -- fighting scenes are there in appropriate dose, I'm content
    Good to hear the ratings are doing well. I'm still waiting til the series reach near its end, so I can start in one go.

I try not to read too much into it now as I don't want to be spoil. But hope everyone enjoys it!

Which one is DSM's nemesis? The waitress? I really need to rewatch some episodes
    Yes. That evil looking lady.

Am I correct to assume that Tianming is the illegitimate son of Jing Ke and the emperor's consort? And because in the drama he was found by Ge Nie when he's already a teenager, I'm curious how he was raised after his mother's suicide
    It hasn't been shown in the series yet but someone told me that:

Jing Ke and Lady Li were childhood lovers and married when Ying Zheng heard of her beauty and kidnapped her into the palace. She was already pregnant with Jing Ke's child then and Ying Zheng knew it, but he was willing to raise Tianming as his own so that he can keep his beautiful mother.

As for Tianming's upbringing, it has already been explained that the Xi Clan stole Tianming from the palace after his parents died as they knew that Ying Zheng would not rest til he killed him. So they put him in that remote village outside his adopted parents' house and sent Shao Si Ming to watch over him secretly.

Off Topic. I am happy that TVB will be broadcasting "Wu Xin" soon. I saw the ads for it. I am glad that it has not been overlooked despite the initial little promotion when it first came out.
    Cyril Connolly

Thanks for the bits on Tianming's past! Oh, I got this link which supposedly contains synopsis of each episodes http://www.kuyv.cn/fashion/7489_3.html. I would need time to read it (with Google's crappy translation), perhaps it will help me understand the unsubbed episodes better. But I have the feeling that discussing it here is a much, much better way .

Regarding WuXin, I thought it was already pretty successful, no?
    Last edited by lenje; 12-17-15 at 05:49 PM.

Hurrah!!! Viki has started to sub the Legend of Qin! *rain dance* *Argentinian tango*

Regarding WuXin, I thought it was already pretty successful, no?
    Yes, it is a success since it was only a web broadcast initially with hardly any promotion, and only new faces were used. There have been a lot of fans still raving about it and I am glad it has sold well.
    Cyril Connolly

Yes, it is a success since it was only a web broadcast initially with hardly any promotion, and only new faces were used. There have been a lot of fans still raving about it and I am glad it has sold well.
    Ahh yes, I forgot it was a web series. I'm happy too for their success! Still think it's one of the best productions this year!

OK. Up to ep 28. Still not digging the main couples. Tian Ming is annoying and bratty. I prefer the dynamic Ice Cream duo who rocks when they fight together. I'm also going to start shipping DSM and SSM even though they are not a couple. I prefer the Ju San Liu Sha over the Mo Jia dudes at the moment because they seem like a group of over-confident, sentimental, unorganized mob.

I feel sad for Wei Zhuang at the moment, but the huge injury may do him some good since it prevents him from falling deeper into the politics. It was nice to know the back story for the twins.
    I am mourning my Ju Zi now. But I am glad that Canti got an important role. But giving the position to the immature Tian Ming is bad.
    Cyril Connolly