Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The Legend of Qin 《秦时明月》 - Lu Yi, Jiang Jin Fu, Michelle Chen, Sun Yi Zhou

Quote Originally Posted by lenje View Post
    I do. In fact, I like almost all of the characters. Shao Siming's cool, but her presence isn't that strong for me, as opposed to Chilian, or even Xuenv.
    I quite like Shao Siming since she first appeared. Though she appears weak, her mind is very strong and she is very clear about what she wants and what is right or wrong in her eyes.

Anyway, I don't know about others, but I'm very impressed with Wu Lei's performance
    click to show/hide spoilers
    in the episode showing Ziying pretended to be in mental shock and killed Zhao Gao later on
    . His total screentime in Legend of Qin is very brief but impresses me much more than his portrayal of Fei Liu (mostly because I think Fei Liu acts a little cutesy with his perpetual pouting ).
    I quite liked Wu Lei as Ziying. He is only a minor character but what he does and how he goes about doing it creates a very deep impression on me, especially from such a young actor, and he doesn't overdo it. I think it is difficult to compare Wu Lei's acting from Ziying to Fei Liu since there is so much more to show in Ziying's role whereas Fei Liu is pretty limited. Fei Liu is quite simple-minded (and he's autistic right?) and I feel that his main role in NIF was to provide a stark contrast with his straightforward naiviety against other characters who have either been corrupted or entangled in stuff way over their heads.

I also don't really like Qin Junjie's interpretation of Xiang Yu's rage/fury, as I feel he overacts it. But he's best showing XY's sadness and emptiness.
    Overall, I think Qin Junjie did better than Jiang Jingfu at showing inner/restrained emotions but I agree that he overdid the agro Xiang Yu. I think out of the young bunch of actors, I think Wu Lei and Gina Jin show the most range and control. I have seen Qin Junjie before in other roles and he does fine in reserved roles (He was on Ancient Sword Fantasy, right?). He does have a quiet appearance so I always had my doubts with him being cast as Xiang Yu who is so manly. He is definately not bad and I look forward to seeing him "The Legend of Chusen". He has a lot of room to grow.

In a way, I am both sad and happy that LOQ is over as i can now concentrate on "The Legend of Zu."
    Last edited by charbydis; 02-03-16 at 05:10 AM.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I think it is difficult to compare Wu Lei's acting from Ziying to Fei Liu since there is so much more to show in Ziying's role whereas Fei Liu is pretty limited. Fei Liu is quite simple-minded (and he's autistic right?) and I feel that his main role in NIF was to provide a stark contrast with his straightforward naiviety against other characters who have either been corrupted or entangled in stuff way over their heads.
    Guess you're right. Is Fei Liu written as autistic? That makes sense. I read the novel's first few chapters translation, and I think Fei Liu is described differently than what is shown in the drama. IIRC in the novel he's reserved, aloof/cold, although he'll warm up around MCS. (At least that's my impression from those translated chapters). But he's pretty childish with that constant pouting in the drama which I found quite annoying, though some of his antics indeed created entertaining scenes.

Overall, I think Qin Junjie did better than Jiang Jingfu at showing inner/restrained emotions but I agree that he overdid the agro Xiang Yu. I think out of the young bunch of actors, I think Wu Lei and Gina Jin show the most range and control. I have seen Qin Junjie before in other roles and he does fine in reserved roles (He was on Ancient Sword Fantasy, right?). He does have a quiet appearance so I always had my doubts with him being cast as Xiang Yu who is so manly. He is definately not bad and I look forward to seeing him "The Legend of Chusen". He has a lot of room to grow.
    Agree about Wu Lei and Gina. I hope to see Wu Lei in a more challenging role some day. Some of his acting as Ziying reminds me a little to Leonardo diCaprio in What's Eating Gilbert Grape (IMO Leo's best role so far), and I look forward to what he has to offer in the future .

I didn't know Qin Junjie was in Ancient Sword. I didn't watch it .

In a way, I am both sad and happy that LOQ is over as i can now concentrate on "The Legend of Zu."
    I'll be checking out the Legend of the 9 Tailed Fox! Wang Kai and Gina are HAWT in the trailers and MVs. I'm glad it comes right after LOQ. I'm planning to rewatch LOQ when the English sub is completed for the whole series. Not all episodes, but after they destroyed the Mechanic City (the Mechanic City part bores me).
    Last edited by lenje; 02-05-16 at 10:19 PM.

I'll be checking out the Legend of the 9 Tailed Fox! Wang Kai and Gina are HAWT in the trailers and MVs. I'm glad it comes right after LOQ.
    You're gonna be watching LO9TF too? Cool. Everyone look so foxy in there. Especially Gina.

I read it's gonna contain 6 stories. I wonder if they're gonna run side by side throughout or one story a time. Probably one story at a time, like Dark Tales. Either way, should be interesting.

It airs in a few days and we're still trying to get it license at Viki. Hopefully it goes through.

Quote Originally Posted by wuxiarocks View Post
    You're gonna be watching LO9TF too? Cool. Everyone look so foxy in there. Especially Gina.

I read it's gonna contain 6 stories. I wonder if they're gonna run side by side throughout or one story a time. Probably one story at a time, like Dark Tales. Either way, should be interesting.

It airs in a few days and we're still trying to get it license at Viki. Hopefully it goes through.
    Yeap, am planning to! Although to be frank, I'm watching for Nick and Gina. If they're gonna run the series in segmented stories, I might only be following Nick and Gina's part. Their scenes in the MV are angsty and dramatic. I usually try to avoid melodramas, but these two make beautiful angst -- and of course both are gorgeous. So you can say my reasoning is pretty shallow LOL.

Yeap, am planning to! Although to be frank, I'm watching for Nick and Gina. If they're gonna run the series in segmented stories, I might only be following Nick and Gina's part. Their scenes in the MV are angsty and dramatic. I usually try to avoid melodramas, but these two make beautiful angst -- and of course both are gorgeous. So you can say my reasoning is pretty shallow LOL.
    It's alright. I don't think it's all that shallow. I mean, if a series is good then it's good, let it speak for itself. But if it's not, we at least need some reason to check it out. But then, I'm the same, so I guess I'm just defending our shallowness. lol

If you could, please do share your thoughts about Legend of Zu with us, if you manage to finish it.

There seem to be a lot of mix feelings towards it. I would give it a shot, but I still got Nirvana in Fire and Legend of Qin to finish. Backlog is gonna keep growing if this keeps up.

Ahhh... just found out Princess Jie You will be out on Feb 18. This is one of Yuan Hong's project that I've been looking forward to (another is of course Chang Ge Xin, only God knows when it will air *sigh*). So I'll definitely check it out!

I saw the trailer but I am not overly interested in it at the moment since I still don't get what the story is about. It seems that they have used the names of fox spirits in the original Liao Zai, and spun it into an interconnecting fantasy story with a lot of made up elements. Though I do think that the fox costumes are beautiful, I wish they could have been more oriental-looking in design. I am not opposed to series with myths and legends as their genre (I watched Liao Zai 4 and had lots of fun), but I just don't feel that much for it at this moment.

BTW, who is Nick?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Ahhh... just found out Princess Jie You will be out on Feb 18. This is one of Yuan Hong's project that I've been looking forward to (another is of course Chang Ge Xin, only God knows when it will air *sigh*). So I'll definitely check it out!
    Chang Ge Xing should be out in prime time which is about June-September where the school kids have their big summer break. That is when the good series start broadcasting.

If you could, please do share your thoughts about Legend of Zu with us, if you manage to finish it.
    I was up to ep 30 but I got sick of iqiyi stuffing up with its buffering because of my location and stopped watching even though i had paid for a few months. The pace of having 10 episodes released per month at the same time really put me off. But since it has been showing on TV, I am more tolerant of it after rewatching it. It is ok. I am up to ep 44 now. I will comment more on in the LOZ thread when I get time.

There seem to be a lot of mix feelings towards it. I would give it a shot, but I still got Nirvana in Fire and Legend of Qin to finish. Backlog is gonna keep growing if this keeps up.
    Are you waiting for the translations? Talk about backlog, I am in the middle of watching "Hanzawa Naoki" which is from 2013! . "The Imperial Doctoress" seems to be a good production but I don't feel like starting it at the moment even though Gina is in it. And "Chronicle Of Life" has sent me running away after ep 3. I am going to stop watching chinese series for a while to recover from the huge 6-month marathon I did when good stuff just appeared one after the other.
    Last edited by charbydis; 02-07-16 at 03:15 PM.
    Cyril Connolly

Are you waiting for the translations?
    That, and work schedule is killing me. I miss the days when I could marathon without sleep.

Talk about backlog, I am in the middle of watching "Hanzawa Naoki" which is from 2013! .
    Yea, that's adding the 'back' to 'backlog'. lol

"The Imperial Doctoress" seems to be a good production but I don't feel like starting it at the moment even though Gina is in it. And "Chronicle Of Life" has sent me running away after ep 3. I am going to stop watching chinese series for a while to recover from the huge 6-month marathon I did when good stuff just appeared one after the other.
    Those series look too much for me. I can't handle stress right now.

I saw the trailer but I am not overly interested in it at the moment since I still don't get what the story is about. It seems that they have used the names of fox spirits in the original Liao Zai, and spun it into an interconnecting fantasy story with a lot of made up elements. Though I do think that the fox costumes are beautiful, I wish they could have been more oriental-looking in design. I am not opposed to series with myths and legends as their genre (I watched Liao Zai 4 and had lots of fun), but I just don't feel that much for it at this moment.

BTW, who is Nick?
    Nick is Wang Kai's Western name.

I'm positive they have taken the liberty with Liao Zai original story, and amped up the romantic elements (as one must expect from an idol-heavy production) .

Anyway, the Viki subbers must be extremely busy as the Legend of Qin subbing project has been pretty slow these days. But I'm happy to see it's pretty well received, considering the amount of bashing it received at the earlier episodes, mostly from the anime purists. Not saying that their disappointment is unjustifiable, because it looks like the anime has an amazing plot (though I'm not a fan of the fantastical/cosplay costume design). And the drama plot has deviated from the anime, as well as changed some characters. But like someone said in another blog, the TV medium is different. As a stand alone production, IMO Legend of Qin is pretty good.

Btw, Happy Lunar New Year!!

Btw, Happy Lunar New Year!!
    Yes. Happy Lunar New Year! Best of wishes to all!

click to show/hide spoilers
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/12670331_1121754134524438_2736364055711968026_n.jp g?oh=457a88c14784fbbbc3c6a9d4d72635da&oe=5731CCED')
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 02-09-16 at 02:18 AM.

Just out of curiosity, is that Hu Ge's voice in Jiang Jin Fu's character?
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post
    Just out of curiosity, is that Hu Ge's voice in Jiang Jin Fu's character?
    i don't think so
    Hu Ge's voice sounds much more mature and deep.
    while Tian Min's voice sounds more, i don't know, high?

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy Bitzy View Post
    i don't think so
    Hu Ge's voice sounds much more mature and deep.
    while Tian Min's voice sounds more, i don't know, high?
    Oh okay. Thanks
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷