Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: What is your highlight of the day? Please Share.

Cool What is your highlight of the day? Please Share.

My highlight:

I listened to my vm and got a message from my clinic that I've tested positive. I was like, "huh? positive what?" then the lady said, "Congratulations." LOL...I didn't know I was preggo! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    My highlight:

I listened to my vm and got a message from my clinic that I've tested positive. I was like, "huh? positive what?" then the lady said, "Congratulations." LOL...I didn't know I was preggo! LOL.

Wow, congratulations indeed!
    -SC

Quote Originally Posted by spcnet View Post
    Wow, congratulations indeed!
    Thank you but I should have reworded my sentences to clarify the confusion. I'm not pregnant. I haven't been to the clinic for over a half of year, and there's no 'Mr Wuxia Man' in my life yet, so the worker called the wrong lady.

Thank you but I should have reworded my sentences to clarify the confusion. I'm not pregnant. I haven't been to the clinic for over a half of year, and there's no 'Mr Wuxia Man' in my life yet, so the worker called the wrong lady.
    LOL. My highlight for today is sneezing all the way. I am sneezing now.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    LOL. My highlight for today is sneezing all the way. I am sneezing now.
    Bless you! **hands you a tissue** somebody must be missing you a lot since you sneezed that much!

Went on FB just a while ago and this is what I saw. I don't know if anyone seen pictures where people put on makeup to look like a celebrity. But it was hilarious and it highlighted my day. Love it. Here's one that I saw.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

got drunk as hell on a friday nite lol
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

i can be ur wuxia mang

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    got drunk as hell on a friday nite lol
    i can be ur wuxia mang
    Were you drunk when you typed this? Lol.

Were you drunk when you typed this? Lol.
    nope

thinking of the past:
    grandma adjusting my shirt
    dad sharing his 20 cents groundnuts with me
    mum piggy-backing me up the slope back home after clinic visit

nope
    You've got to prove yourself worthy to be my wuxia man then.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    thinking of the past:
    grandma adjusting my shirt
    dad sharing his 20 cents groundnuts with me
    mum piggy-backing me up the slope back home after clinic visit
    Your past makes me think of mine now.
    I remember when I was 8 yrs old, my dad taught me and my siblings how to fight kung fu from watching the 1970-80's chinese movies. It was fun.

Watched my first horror movie with my family, the Exorist, when I was 9. Scared the CRAP out of me that whenever I were to sleep, the scene where the girl's head turned 180, was the first thing that came into my mind. *shivers* 8 yrs years ago, I overcame the Exorcist my watching it alone when daylight.

**My highlight of the weekend**
    Did two photoshoots-a wedding on sat (5 very long but fun hours) and an engagement on sun (fun 2 hours). At the end of the day, my fingers were sore from holding my heavy camera. Love it.
    Last edited by skoo78; 08-24-14 at 07:14 PM.

You've got to prove yourself worthy to be my wuxia man then.
    and how do i prove myself? bring on the knife mountain and oil pot!!

Your past makes me think of mine now.
    I remember when I was 8 yrs old, my dad taught me and my siblings how to fight kung fu from watching the 1970-80's chinese movies. It was fun.

Watched my first horror movie with my family, the Exorist, when I was 9. Scared the CRAP out of me that whenever I were to sleep, the scene where the girl's head turned 180, was the first thing that came into my mind. *shivers* 8 yrs years ago, I overcame the Exorcist my watching it alone when daylight.

**My highlight of the weekend**
    Did two photoshoots-a wedding on sat (5 very long but fun hours) and an engagement on sun (fun 2 hours). At the end of the day, my fingers were sore from holding my heavy camera. Love it.

I tend to feel very nostalgic at times these days -especially towards my childhood in China. Odd little episodes of me playing outside in the evenings, watching TV (mostly The Man from Atlantis? and some Japanese volleyball show where the lead girl can hit a ball in a spiral) and other bits of everyday life. Things are so different now in China such that whenever I think about it, I'm filled with a sense of loss since it'll never be quite like that again. Conversely where I live in the US hasn't changed very much over the years.

My first horror movie was Aliens (the one with space marines in the colony overrun with xenomorphs) at age 12 or so. Initially I had thought it was just a sci-fi film so it was a lot more disturbing than I expected. Lost a few points of sanity there

My current highlight is that after two weeks of research I bought a compound bow online or rather I should say I bought my third compound bow (a diamond infinite edge). I have a kiddy bow and a junior bow at 25lbs but I'm just terrible with them. I can barely hit a 2' diameter target at 50 ft consistently... that's why I need a "real" bow with fancy sights. It made me realize just how much of an advantage firearms were compared to bows in terms of accuracy and ease of use. Of course I've shot several thousands of rounds of airsoft, steel bbs, pellets and hundreds of rounds through real firearms v.s. less than 100 shots with a bow so I may yet become better with a bow. In a bizarre twist right after I commit to buying it, it goes on backorder with no expected date of arrival :<
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Quote Originally Posted by darkcser View Post
    I tend to feel very nostalgic at times these days -especially towards my childhood in China. Odd little episodes of me playing outside in the evenings, watching TV (mostly The Man from Atlantis? and some Japanese volleyball show where the lead girl can hit a ball in a spiral) and other bits of everyday life. Things are so different now in China such that whenever I think about it, I'm filled with a sense of loss since it'll never be quite like that again. Conversely where I live in the US hasn't changed very much over the years.

My first horror movie was Aliens (the one with space marines in the colony overrun with xenomorphs) at age 12 or so. Initially I had thought it was just a sci-fi film so it was a lot more disturbing than I expected. Lost a few points of sanity there

My current highlight is that after two weeks of research I bought a compound bow online or rather I should say I bought my third compound bow (a diamond infinite edge). I have a kiddy bow and a junior bow at 25lbs but I'm just terrible with them. I can barely hit a 2' diameter target at 50 ft consistently... that's why I need a "real" bow with fancy sights. It made me realize just how much of an advantage firearms were compared to bows in terms of accuracy and ease of use. Of course I've shot several thousands of rounds of airsoft, steel bbs, pellets and hundreds of rounds through real firearms v.s. less than 100 shots with a bow so I may yet become better with a bow. In a bizarre twist right after I commit to buying it, it goes on backorder with no expected date of arrival :<
    ALIENS is one of my favorite sci fi movies of all times. It just got ridiculous after the three sequels. However, love the predators vs aliens. Even though didn't like the plot, but just seeing those two combat was awesome. Just like Freddy VS Jason.

I've shot a bb gun for the first time 4 mos ago and aimed the target right on. Hmmm....I should get a gun permit. So my question to you is, are bows harder to control than guns? I've tried a regular bow and suck at it. It only went 3 feet or less. LOL...

and how do i prove myself? bring on the knife mountain and oil pot!!
    I'll bring a shield just in case. LOL.. To prove you are worthy, you have to impress the maiden by.......That is something that you will have figure it out....YO!

***More of a Pissed off Highlight. Just watched Law and Order episode of sexual assault and they didn't reveal if the verdict at the end of it! I was so ready to know if he was guilty or not.***
    Last edited by skoo78; 08-25-14 at 11:37 PM.

ALIENS is one of my favorite sci fi movies of all times. It just got ridiculous after the three sequels. However, love the predators vs aliens. Even though didn't like the plot, but just seeing those two combat was awesome. Just like Freddy VS Jason.

I've shot a bb gun for the first time 4 mos ago and aimed the target right on. Hmmm....I should get a gun permit. So my question to you is, are bows harder to control than guns? I've tried a regular bow and suck at it. It only went 3 feet or less. LOL...

I'll bring a shield just in case. LOL.. To prove you are worthy, you have to impress the maiden by.......That is something that you will have figure it out....YO!

***More of a Pissed off Highlight. Just watched Law and Order episode of sexual assault and they didn't reveal if the verdict at the end of it! I was so ready to know if he was guilty or not.***
    girls are too hard to figure out

Yeah, I saw the sequels including the Ripley clone one, and they were meh. Plot aside the AVPs were pretty fun to watch. Freddy vs. Jason was decent but I enjoyed Jason X (i.e. Jason in space) more. Speaking of cross genre horror films, I wonder if we'll see Army of Darkness 2 in the future.

My shooting interest started late last year when I saw an Amazon local deal for a firearm safety class that was 15min away. It was only $50, and I had nothing better to do so I went. At the end of the class I got to shoot a Sig Mosquito (22LR) at the range, and a certificate that allowed me to apply for a license. With the way gun laws have been going around where I live, I figured I would go for a license before they become even more restrictive... fast forward several month, and I find myself deeply affected by the Gun Acquisition Syndrome and a member of a shooting range. How bad is it? Bad

I've only shot compound bows (the ones with the pulleys on the ends) in recent years so I can't really comment on traditional (those that look like a straight stick when the bow is unstrung) and recurves (the arms curve away from the bowstring). Compound bows are not any easier to draw but are easier to hold in the drawn position, and they max out at the designated draw weight when fully drawn vs. the other types which become increasingly more difficult to draw the more you pull, and you hold the full weight when drawn. Basically compound bows are easier to aim with since you don't have to apply as much strength to hold the draw. The two bows I have now just have a pin sight on the front, and no back sights which makes it a lot more inaccurate. Also the arrow has a significant more parabolic trajectory due to air resistance and gravity compared to a bullet. Finally, where you nock the arrow, the condition of the fletching, the straightness of the arrow, the position you draw to and the looseness of the hold on the bow also contribute to the accuracy. That's basically a long way of saying you're not going to be Legolas without extensive training, and good equipment. The main attraction for me is it's quiet, arrows are usually in stock at stores, and arrows are somewhat reusable as long as you hit the target, and they don't over-penetrate.

As a frame of reference I can hit a 8"x8" object at 25 feet with an airsoft pistol most of the time. I can hit a quarter 3/10 times at same. With a scoped Marauder, 10/22 or AR I can get 2-3" groups at 75 feet freehand. I'm significantly worse with pistols and revolvers, and terrible at shotguns.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

girls are too hard to figure out
    Because you search for girls and not women. why are we so hard to figure out anyway? Give some examples.

Speaking of cross genre horror films, I wonder if we'll see Army of Darkness 2 in the future.
    ARMY OF DARKNESS!! Love Bruce Campbell. He was awesome in Evil Dead. (As you can see, I'm a horror flick chick ) I haven't heard anything new about the sequel, just talks about it. What do you think the sequel is going to be about?

fast forward several month, and I find myself deeply affected by the Gun Acquisition Syndrome and a member of a shooting range. How bad is it? Bad

I've only shot compound bows (the ones with the pulleys on the ends) in recent years so I can't really comment on traditional (those that look like a straight stick when the bow is unstrung) and recurves (the arms curve away from the bowstring).

As a frame of reference I can hit a 8"x8" object at 25 feet with an airsoft pistol most of the time. I can hit a quarter 3/10 times at same. With a scoped Marauder, 10/22 or AR I can get 2-3" groups at 75 feet freehand. I'm significantly worse with pistols and revolvers, and terrible at shotguns.
    GAS... You must go to the shooting range every other day and your house must be loaded with guns I presume? If a zombie apocalypse does happen, I know who I'm following to survive then. But I am really thinking of getting a gun for myself. Just a tiny one for protection. Never know when I bumped into bad eggs. Up where I live, it's about 80-100 bucks I believe for class. My sister and her husbands have GAS too. They own 1 AK and 3 rifles, 3 shotguns, and 2 pistols. I'm thinking of tagging along with them to the shooting range next month to try out their guns. I just hope I don't get hit on the face with a gun when I aim. LOL.

ARMY OF DARKNESS!! Love Bruce Campbell. He was awesome in Evil Dead. (As you can see, I'm a horror flick chick ) I haven't heard anything new about the sequel, just talks about it. What do you think the sequel is going to be about?
    I think there was a recent Evil Dead remake with a female lead but I haven't seen it. An AoD remake or sequel should be next. Kind of funny how Evil Dead 2 was a remake of Evil Dead.

GAS... You must go to the shooting range every other day and your house must be loaded with guns I presume? If a zombie apocalypse does happen, I know who I'm following to survive then. But I am really thinking of getting a gun for myself. Just a tiny one for protection. Never know when I bumped into bad eggs. Up where I live, it's about 80-100 bucks I believe for class. My sister and her husbands have GAS too. They own 1 AK and 3 rifles, 3 shotguns, and 2 pistols. I'm thinking of tagging along with them to the shooting range next month to try out their guns. I just hope I don't get hit on the face with a gun when I aim. LOL.
    I started with a SR22 and a 10/22, then a Mossberg 500, a S&W MP15 (bought one after seeing a sign that was promoting a federal "assault weapons" ban on the side of a certain highway), a SR9c and most recently a Ruger Blackhawk (single action revolver). Almost bought a MP Shield or LC9 instead of the SR9c, and a Ruger LCR instead of the Blackhawk. I try to hit the range once a week but when I can't I settle for shooting pellets or BBs at home (started with a Crosman NP Vantage, then a NP Trail Pistol, a Daisy Model 25 -which I just love, a Benjamin Marauder PCP, a Crosman Vigilante revolver and a 2289 Backpacker)... I've also added two airsoft pistols so I go full gun nutty by practicing on the couch while I watch the Dome on TV. Now that I think about it there's still one category that I don't have covered -I don't have a rifle in .308 or 30-30 but I find them to be excessively loud, and I'm not good enough yet to use them at the distances intended. Also really wanted a PS90 after watching years of Stargate but the price is kind of high and I would be stuck with a 10rd magazine given where I live :<

It takes a fair amount of training and practice to use a firearm for defense since in most places you can only carry concealed, and drawing a firearm in public has legal complications even if you don't fire it. Unless you really want to devote time to this it may be easier just to carry mace or pepper spray -very poor range compared to a pistol but it's not like you'll be using it on people more than 10' away in most self-defense cases. Also less liability in the case of an accident. That said I'll probably take a conceal carry class in the future. The downside is that the more I learn about this stuff in real life, the less I enjoy gun play in action movies...

For me shooting is a hobby with the added bonus that if the SHTF (like the city being shut down due to armed terrorists on the loose) that I have a plan B.

-KotOR