Thread: Did the Gold and Currency Union survive beyond SENTIMENTAL SWORDSMAN, RUTHLESS SWORD

Default Did the Gold and Currency Union survive beyond SENTIMENTAL SWORDSMAN, RUTHLESS SWORD

The Chief of the Gold and Currency Union, Seung Gwoon Gum Hung, was killed by Lee Chum Foon's flying dagger at the end of SENTIMENTAL SWORDSMAN, RUTHLESS SWORD. Was the death of its chief also a mortal blow to the union as well? Ging Mo Meng, after all, was still alive. He was capable enough to keep the union going (I don't know how many key union people were slaughtered by Ah Fei and Sheun Siu Hung at the same time that Lee Chum Foon faced off against SGGH).

The Gold and Currency Union was namechecked as late as FULL MOON, CURVED SABRE, which took place many decades after SENTIMENTAL SWORDSMAN, RUTHLESS SWORD, but I don't know if the union still operated during the time of FMCS or it was a thing of the past.

If I recall correctly, Shangguan Jinhong and Lin Xian-er's daughter Shangguan Xiaoxian was the chief of the Gold Curency Union in Jiu Yue Ying Fei, but I'm not sure whether the union had been in operation all along or if she had revived it.. My memory of that story is kind of hazy.

Jing Wuming seemed to more of a loner and free agent, plus the way he was described in Bordertown Wanderer gave me the impression that he had been roaming jianghu since Shangguan's death, so probably not the type of person who would be interested in running an organisation like that. Though it was also mentioned in Jiu Yue Ying Fei that sometime in the period between SSRS and that story, he was the one who showed Shangguan Xiaoxian where her father's treasure was hidden, which I assume was what provided her with money, powerful kung fu, and other resources that she needed to become the chief and get the union actively running again.