Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Princess Jie You 《解忧公主》 - Zhang Xin Yi, Yuan Hong, Yuan Wen Kang

Watched the trailer, looked tragic, the female lead married another man, and the male lead married another woman

Quote Originally Posted by 12blbl View Post
    Watched the trailer, looked tragic, the female lead married another man, and the male lead married another woman
    Isn't she supposed to marry 3 guys in her lifetime? Maybe the male lead be one of the later husbands.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Isn't she supposed to marry 3 guys in her lifetime? Maybe the male lead be one of the later husbands.
    yeah thanx for the info, after read your post, i searched it, and you're right, she married 3 guys, if i'm not mistake the first and the second husband were brothers, they died though, after that she married the third husband but she killed him

yeah thanx for the info, after read your post, i searched it, and you're right, she married 3 guys, if i'm not mistake the first and the second husband were brothers, they died though, after that she married the third husband but she killed him
    Well, her third husband was an abusive jerk so she tried to kill him. The male lead is get second husband, so I think he inherited her as a wife when he inherited the leadership position.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Well, her third husband was an abusive jerk so she tried to kill him. The male lead is get second husband, so I think he inherited her as a wife when he inherited the leadership position.
    Yeah, look interesting , definitely waiting it aired , but i think i would fast-forward the depressing-married-another scenes

I am now practically obsessed with this series. So good!

Quote Originally Posted by lenje View Post
    I am now practically obsessed with this series. So good!
    Hi lenje! Is it airing?
    always smile

Here is the Playlist.
    Last edited by aiYRong; 02-27-16 at 09:11 PM.

I started watching Jie You for Yuan Hong, but am actually not super into his character yet (5 episodes in). Maybe it's the crazy hair? Jie You is a fun protagonist, though! She can stand up for herself and gets annoyed by things like a normal person, not some overly nice Mary Sue who's sweet to everyone. If you're into spunky protagonists, this is a good choice. If you get annoyed by protagonists who seem too modern for their era, don't bother.

@natuschan:
    Yes, you can watch it from the YT playlist AiYRong put above, or from here http://cn.lovetvshow.info/2016/02/pr...-list.html?m=1

I like the latter because it usually uploads the HD versions. No subs, though. However, even with my non-existent Mandarin (or a few words I've picked up fm years of watching C-dramas), it's quite easy to follow.

I've finished the drama in 2 weeks. Or to be exact in 12 days finishing 19 eps, and the rest 26 eps in 48 hours, LOL. It's pretty fast in the beginning, and slowing down in the middle.

I must admit this is basically another romance with idols, and it deviates quite far from the actual historical events, save for the relationships among the three leads (Jieyou, Weng Gui, Jun Xu).

However, the cinematography is excellent thanks to the outdoor location in the real steppe, and the acting is all round solid.

I, too, started watching this for Yuan Hong, but I ended up rooting for Jun Xu due to Yuan Wen Kang's brilliant and nuanced portrayal. I also think Jun Xu is the most developed character. Not sure if it's the writing or the actor. Anyway, this drama just earns YWK a new fan in me, and I'd like to check his other works. I know he's also in the Imperial Doctress, but somehow I'm not too interested in it, yet.

@natuschan:
    Yes, you can watch it from the YT playlist AiYRong put above, or from here http://cn.lovetvshow.info/2016/02/pr...-list.html?m=1

I like the latter because it usually uploads the HD versions. No subs, though. However, even with my non-existent Mandarin (or a few words I've picked up fm years of watching C-dramas), it's quite easy to follow.

I've finished the drama in 2 weeks. Or to be exact in 12 days finishing 19 eps, and the rest 26 eps in 48 hours, LOL. It's pretty fast in the beginning, and slowing down in the middle.

I must admit this is basically another romance with idols, and it deviates quite far from the actual historical events, save for the relationships among the three leads (Jieyou, Weng Gui, Jun Xu).

However, the cinematography is excellent thanks to the outdoor location in the real steppe, and the acting is all round solid.

I, too, started watching this for Yuan Hong, but I ended up rooting for Jun Xu due to Yuan Wen Kang's brilliant and nuanced portrayal. I also think Jun Xu is the most developed character. Not sure if it's the writing or the actor. Anyway, this drama just earns YWK a new fan in me, and I'd like to check his other works. I know he's also in the Imperial Doctress, but somehow I'm not too interested in it, yet.
    Is it depressing and how is the pacing?
    Cyril Connolly

@natuschan:

So the series is already over?

Is it depressing and how is the pacing?
    Pacing is decent in the beginning, starts to drag in the middle, and by the last couple of episodes they sorta rush and pack things. In short, typical C-dramas' pacing.

I wouldn't say depressing, because Jieyou is a different kind of Mary Sue. She gets lots of pressures but also has her own support and cheerleading group, and of course is the center of affection of the male leads. But as mentioned by another poster, she stands up for herself and is pretty sassy. The romance part, which takes up the majority of the story, is quite headdesking for me. However, I might have misinterpreted it, since I don't understand Mandarin. If one day this gets subbed (hopefully soon!), it will probably show that my initial impression went to the wrong direction.

For all my issues with the drama (plots, authenticity, some cringeworthy CGIs), I found it addicting, thanks to the talented actors in it. The chemistry among the main cast is strong. I've praised Yuan Wen Kang in my previous post, and I'll say it again: he's amazing. The guy steals every scene he's in --which is a lot. For the second lead, he seems to get as much screen time as the mean leads. Yuan Hong's character was not written as diligently. It's basically just Yelu Xie + Prince 13 tossed in together. Thankfully he has the talent and skill to add more dimension to the character. And of course he is hot in facial hair

So the series is already over?
    I read that CCTV broadcast 4 episodes everyday. If it started on Feb 18, there should be still several episodes unaired there. But 42/45 episodes have been uploaded on YouTube/Dailymotion and the last one looks like the final ep.

Didnt realise this was out! I thought Yuan Hong's drama with Ruby Lin was supposed to be out in Feb?

Anyway this show is very addictive even though I felt certain scenes were alittle forced...right now have the hots for the King whom I think is the Da Han King...does Jieyou's princess really exist in history??? Can someone explain why she married the 3rd guy? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by yannlc View Post
    Didnt realise this was out! I thought Yuan Hong's drama with Ruby Lin was supposed to be out in Feb?

Anyway this show is very addictive even though I felt certain scenes were alittle forced...right now have the hots for the King whom I think is the Da Han King...does Jieyou's princess really exist in history??? Can someone explain why she married the 3rd guy? Thanks!
    I think Ruby's series has been postponed til Sept or Oct. Maybe she is waiting for Yuan Hong's popularity to go up with "The Legend of the ? Fox" and then air it. Anyway, there is an actual Princess Jie You in history. I don't have an english link, but here is the chinese wikipedia link https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%8A...A7%A3%E6%86%82
    Cyril Connolly

I think Ruby's series has been postponed til Sept or Oct. Maybe she is waiting for Yuan Hong's popularity to go up with "The Legend of the ? Fox" and then air it. Anyway, there is an actual Princess Jie You in history. I don't have an english link, but here is the chinese wikipedia link https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%8A...A7%A3%E6%86%82
    thanx for the link...
    its 'interesting' on how each time a brother succeeds to the throne, the women comes along with the land etc...

i didnt realise Yuan Hong was in the legend of the green foxes! must return to that show...

already finished watching the show...might I say if it was me, it would be damn difficult to decide between the brothers too... and I never did like long hair on men but gosh, they sure do make it look alluring...