Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Princess of LanLing King 《兰陵王妃》 - Andy Chen Yi, Zhang Hanyun, Peng Guanying

Trailer for Ep 25 +26

Looks like we get to see YWY

After watching ep 24, I have mix feelings about this triangle.

click to show/hide spoilers
    I wished they spent 1 more episode of LLW working through his issues and giving hints that he is accepting QS before all the angst. It's hard to buy into the triangle when it didn't seem like he really like/love her and only their past. They spent 20+ eps showing the evolution of YYW-QS relationship and half of that on the LLW-QS one. I think Andy Chen is doing a good job showing his conflicted feeling and giving the pretty boy-softie/warrior role his spin. Also, I really love the scenery and costuming in this series. They are so dreamy!

I am very surprised that no one is subbing or talking about this drama besides this forum. It reminds me of the Female Prime Minister feel and that series launched careers.

I am in love with this series. It's so cute. I haven't liked an ancient series this much in such a while.

Thanks everyone for all the info and links and etc. Much appreciated.

I think most discussion boards are dying...wasn't like what it was 5 -10 years ago. Ive always been a lurker, but now there's not much discussion or news to be lurking =D
    Last edited by tamitiafo; 11-07-16 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yannlc View Post
    Hints...

1. Comb
    2. Flowers
    'yannlc', regarding your favorite scenes...

Hm... I remember the comb that disappeared, and then it turned out that YWY took it. He gave it back to YQS when she was searching for it after their honeymoon scene. I can't think of scene with flowers; are you referring to the series here? Otherwise, I can only think of the scene in which the cherries were brought to her as his answer about her favorite food/fruit.

Well...I am all for LOVE BITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think there's another drama (Zhang Wu Ji??) that the lead actress explains she keeps biting the lead male because she wants him to remember her...now Yong need only see his scars and recall Shuo's love bites! I actually love how comfortable she is with him!

fans are saying that 张含韵 (Zhang Han Yun) ie Qingshuo and 彭冠英 (Peng Guan Ying) ie Yong are an item because they posted on their weibo with pictures that have the same background!

张含韵
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/006coYoygw1f8zvcap4vyj30qo0qodom.jpg')

彭冠英 weibo
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/006coYoygw1f8zvc9bjomj30k00k0wh8.jpg')

I can't read chinese but did a google translate and see that there's some news saying a fan saw them on a date. But no confirmation. It would be so cute if they date in real life

彭冠英 Peng Guan Ying's Weibo post on 6th Nov at 23:45

我想你们已经把我忘了

I think you all have already forgotten me

也忘了我们之间的承诺

and forgotten the promises we made to one another

#彭冠英宇文邕##兰陵王妃#

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/4a96f8a2jw1f9itdz9rivj20k00b9mxv.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/4a96f8a2jw1f9itdyexduj20m80dtdir.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/4a96f8a2jw1f9itdyyuvvj20qo144aev.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/4a96f8a2jw1f9itdy12atj20fk0fkq5d.jpg')

My favorite reply to his post:

How could I have forgotten...we have not slept together yet --> reference to his constant posting of "一起睡" Let's Sleep together...

Looking forward to his reappearance tomorrow!
    Last edited by yannlc; 11-07-16 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Hi. I am very depressed at the moment as my dog, Baci just passed away a few days ago. I will be more enthusiastic in posting when I feel a bit better.
    My condolences on Baci's demise...

I was actually teasing what I originally posted that comment since there were alot of people on weibo saying that they wont be watching until 大司空 reappears ...anyway replies can wait...I do hope you feel better soon.

My condolences on Baci's demise...

I was actually teasing what I originally posted that comment since there were alot of people on weibo saying that they wont be watching until 大司空 reappears ...anyway replies can wait...I do hope you feel better soon.
    Thanks. I am feeling better. I will post more when the story gets going again. I am looking forward to Yuwen Yong's memories as a child. I feel sorry that he was sent to Qi as a hostage when he was so young.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Hey everyone
    It appears that Hunan TV is picking up this show. It will start broadcasting on 13th Nov.

Hopefully more media would pick up this show and hopefully more interviews will be given. If there's interest perhaps there will more subbing too.

Till date I find it so strange that there are no media interviews on the cast nor variety appearances or promotion for this show at all.

Hey everyone
    It appears that Hunan TV is picking up this show. It will start broadcasting on 13th Nov.

Hopefully more media would pick up this show and hopefully more interviews will be given. If there's interest perhaps there will more subbing too.

Till date I find it so strange that there are no media interviews on the cast nor variety appearances or promotion for this show at all.
    Mango's original tactic was to exclusive the show to vip only and gain money from membership fees. And then used that to spark interest to market the show via word of mouth, and then got money from ratings when they broadcasted it live in free tv.

Interest was sparked with no doubt but people were also gaining access to the pirated versions as people were unhappy with the way the VIP viewing is run as well as the fees when Mango decided to air 2-4 eps per week.

With no luck in stopping the piracy and thus predicting lower tv ratings when it showed later, mango has probably decided to broadcast the show on free tv while public interest is still high and most of the story is still unrevealed.

However, this is making the people who paid more angry since they could still have viewed the series at around the same time without paying.

But as we saw with "The Legend of Zu", once the show came on free tv, the promotion and game shows started.

Interesting to know what tactics mango will adopt later in the year when other well-anticipated series airs.

彭冠英 Peng Guan Ying's Weibo post on 6th Nov at 23:45

我想你们已经把我忘了

I think you all have already forgotten me

也忘了我们之间的承诺

and forgotten the promises we made to one another

#彭冠英宇文邕##兰陵王妃#

My favorite reply to his post:

How could I have forgotten...we have not slept together yet --> reference to his constant posting of "一起睡" Let's Sleep together...

Looking forward to his reappearance tomorrow!
    Thanks for the translation of the weibo post. Gave me a good laugh and some cheering up on this Monday morning =D
    Last edited by tamitiafo; 11-10-16 at 02:09 AM.

Mango's original tactic was to exclusive the show to vip only and gain money from membership fees. And then used that to spark interest to market the show via word of mouth, and then got money from ratings when they broadcasted it live in free tv.

Interest was sparked with no doubt but people were also gaining access to the pirated versions as people were unhappy with the way the VIP viewing is run as well as the fees when Mango decided to air 2-4 eps per week.

With no luck in stopping the piracy and thus predicting lower tv ratings when it showed later, mango has probably decided to broadcast the show on free tv while public interest is still high and most of the story is still unrevealed.

However, this is making the people who paid more angry since they could still have viewed the series at around the same time without paying.

But as we saw with "The Legend of Zu", once the show came on free tv, the promotion and game shows started.

Interesting to know what tactics mango will adopt later in the year when other well-anticipated series airs.
    Wow. Thanks for this analysis. Very interesting. Hope this show will do really well.

There's site that has started posting English subs ( episodes 1 and 2 are up). Not sure if I'm allow to post up the site url. But if anywants to do a Google search they should be able to find it.

彭冠英 Peng Guan Ying's weibo on 8th Nov at 20:57

Translated: sharing photos

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/thumb180/4a96f8a2jw1f9kzwd0vc8j20gq0gpwkx.jpg')

[I] heard someone is thinking of me?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/thumb180/4a96f8a2jw1f9kzwbcolrj213y0qowie.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/thumb180/4a96f8a2jw1f9kzx2yoyjj20de0fft9a.jpg')

This photo is probably references some weibo's commentators who like Yuwen Yong wearing his hair down...
    Last edited by yannlc; 11-10-16 at 04:08 AM.

You are actually correct. The character Yuan Qingsuo is based on the historical character of Li Ezi after the scriptwriter had to consider getting around the time travelling arc. In fact, when the first synopsis came out 3 years ago before filming started, the name Li Ezi was mentioned as an alias Yuan QingSuo used to marry Yuwen Yong. But since then, the script has changed the name, probably not to attract SARFT's attention with using a real historical character. However, leaked filming timetables from the set does mention Li Ezi so I wonder whether they have decided to add her as a separate character or keep her as an alias Qingsuo uses?

While I do want Qingsuo and Yuwen Yong to end up together, even only for a few years, I hope they don't have the same ending as the Li Ezi and Yuwen Yong since Yuwen Yong died suspiciously and Li Ezi became a nun after her family was slaughtered by Yang Jian. And their son was an idiot as well.

But from the history books, Yuwen Yong seems to quite like Li Ezi since she was probably one of the first concubines he married when he was a kid, yet he kept her around til the end.

Another interesting fact to note is that Northern Zhou started after Yuwen Tai ended the Northern/Western Wei Kingdom (where Hua Mulan belonged to), and in its short life, it managed to conquer Northern Qi. The Southern Liang Kingdom, where Li Ezi came from (which also happens to be the same kingdom where "Nirvana In Fire" takes place) was conquered by Southern Chen (i.e. General Ng/Peter Ho's kingdom).

Gosh! Where do you get your infor on the scripts etc?? I never understood SARFT's 'rule' on not allowing real historical characters in the tv...dont they know its all fiction. And isnt Yuwen Yong / Hu / Yu all historical characters? That would mean alot of shows cannot be produced right? What about Ruby Lin's recent drama with Yuan Hong? Arent they playing historical characters too?

Regarding Yuwen Yong's historical ending
    I wasnt aware he died in mysterious circumstances! please do share more...all I read was that he died of an illness in the middle of a campaign against...forgot which country. I agree with you that historically Yuwen Yong did like Li Ezi alot considering that he had 2 kids with her and she was seven years older than him! I also read that the Queen was childless...did your readings explain more on this? Totally agreed that Yuwen Yong and Li Ezi's son was just terrible!!!

I dont understand how the TV systems work in China...wasnt so bothered because in the past it used to be relatively easy to watch the shows online and I was more into korean dramas. However lately, there's a bunch of interesting chinese dramas which deviate from the usual story lines like <<法医秦明>>, 《如果蜗牛有爱情》, <<灵魂摆渡>> that I really want to watch but first they started with stopping people from viewing if you are viewing from outside China. Now they are stopping youtube etc from rebroadcasting the shows making it difficult to cultivate an interest in China drama productions (unlike the interest from korean dramas).

Would everyone here care to share how you get to watch your favorite china drama shows?

BTW I assume Mango TV arent the producers? But from your description, they have the rights to sell the show to free tv? Hopefully Hunan TV decides to show THREE episodes every day...would that have catch up to mango?

which other show is mango tv going to broadcast later in the year (although its already nov!)?

Discussion on Episode 26

I have a complain for a particular scene in episode 26!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/orj360/c06eaae7gw1f9m629ayq2j21be0qo478.jpg')

In the novel, Yuwen Yong doesnt talk that much. He just swoops in and feeds her the medicine with his mouth! I want that scene!!!

Does anyone find Andy Chen so darn creepy in his smile towards Luo Yun?? Its so unnerving....

Does anyone find that QS's reaction towards Yong is so funny? She wasnt even pissed with Zhuge and she was dissappointed with LLW who didnt come and save her. But she was angry with Yong! I keep feeling that when she is with Yong, she's behaving like her true self...she gets to do whatever she wants. Destroy his favourite things, burn his house down, eat like a pig, yell and glare at him etc. love this couple!

Discussion on Episode 26

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/orj360/c06eaae7gw1f9m629ayq2j21be0qo478.jpg')

In the novel, Yuwen Yong doesnt talk that much. He just swoops in and feeds her the medicine with his mouth! I want that scene!!!

Does anyone find Andy Chen so darn creepy in his smile towards Luo Yun?? Its so unnerving....

Does anyone find that QS's reaction towards Yong is so funny? She wasnt even pissed with Zhuge and she was dissappointed with LLW who didnt come and save her. But she was angry with Yong! I keep feeling that when she is with Yong, she's behaving like her true self...she gets to do whatever she wants. Destroy his favourite things, burn his house down, eat like a pig, yell and glare at him etc. love this couple!

I really wish they kept the novel version. So much more passionate. Please let us know when they deviate from the good parts.

I don't completely understand LLW's thought process at all. Prob does not help that I am only getting 50% comprehension from the viet subs.

I think QS has that trust in her relationship with YWY whether she does so herself or not. I really love the spark that these 2 have.

I hope that once Hunan shows the series on TV, we'll get promotions with the cast.

Gosh! Where do you get your infor on the scripts etc?? I never understood SARFT's 'rule' on not allowing real historical characters in the tv...dont they know its all fiction. And isnt Yuwen Yong / Hu / Yu all historical characters? That would mean alot of shows cannot be produced right? What about Ruby Lin's recent drama with Yuan Hong? Arent they playing historical characters too?
    I get my info from the chinese forums. I have been paying attention to this drama since 2013 and occasionally, some members of the production teams take shots of the script or scene descriptions. But they quickly get deleted as they don't want to lose their job.

I think they allow historical characters and some leeway on fiction, but they do not tolerate going against proven historical facts, like marriages, deaths, etc. If you watched Ruby's "Singing All Along", you would have noticed that Empress Guo's mum's death scene was strangely cut. While it made sense for her to die and save her daughter, it was cut as she was known to die a bit later and buried with full honours. So SARFT cut it.

I guess China is trying to improve the historical knowledge of its citizens so they don't get misled by wonky scripts. I get its intention but it does limit the creativity of some scripts. You have to stick to the proven facts, but anything in between,you are free to make up all the fiction you want. They allow some leniency on historical dates. But depends on who is doing the assessment.

Regarding Yuwen Yong's historical ending
    I wasnt aware he died in mysterious circumstances! please do share more...all I read was that he died of an illness in the middle of a campaign against...forgot which country. I agree with you that historically Yuwen Yong did like Li Ezi alot considering that he had 2 kids with her and she was seven years older than him! I also read that the Queen was childless...did your readings explain more on this? Totally agreed that Yuwen Yong and Li Ezi's son was just terrible!!!
    I have no idea, but rumours have it that he was poisoned to get his son on the throne since he was such an idiot and easy to manipulate. I know people in the past died young but for a healthy military man of good upbringing and good health to die at 35 is suspicious. Some people say that Yang Jian did it since he rose to power after marrying his daughter to the idiot and then collapsed the kingdom in a matter of 2-3 years, but there is no proof.

And Empress Ashina was indeed childless. Yuwen Yong and her were friendly but it seems that he may have still devoted his time to his military campaigns and Li Ezi. It is hard to build a romantic relationship with a daughter from a warring nation. Even though they had a political alliance from the marriage, Northern Zhou and Tujue still had many conflicts due to the influence if Northern Qi and neither were really content to have the other nearby kingdom nearby for long.

So I guess while Yuwen Yong may have not disliked Empress Ashina as a person, he may not have invested a lot of personal emotions into their relationship due to the threat of the Tujue's who were flipping back and forth between Zhou and Qi. And to let his heir have Tujue blood may sway his nation's interests towards that of the Tujue's interests after he dies so maybe Yuwen Yong was not keen to have a child with Empress Ashina. And if I remember correctly, Tujue was still attacking Northern Zhou while it was trying to battle Southern Chen, trying to gain opportunistic benefits while the other two large kingdoms fought. Yuwen Yong died in battle with the Tujue.

I dont understand how the TV systems work in China...wasnt so bothered because in the past it used to be relatively easy to watch the shows online and I was more into korean dramas. However lately, there's a bunch of interesting chinese dramas which deviate from the usual story lines like <<法医秦明>>, 《如果蜗牛有爱情》, <<灵魂摆渡>> that I really want to watch but first they started with stopping people from viewing if you are viewing from outside China. Now they are stopping youtube etc from rebroadcasting the shows making it difficult to cultivate an interest in China drama productions (unlike the interest from korean dramas).
    It is a copyright issue.

Would everyone here care to share how you get to watch your favorite china drama shows?
    Hehehehe.

BTW I assume Mango TV arent the producers? But from your description, they have the rights to sell the show to free tv? Hopefully Hunan TV decides to show THREE episodes every day...would that have catch up to mango?
    No. Mango TV/Hunan TV are only a TV station, like how TVB is in Hong Kong. They do produce some shows or invest in some shows, but as far as I know, LLWF is only a purchased production. There are a number of production companies who make shows, then sell it to several TV stations. Mango TV is the largest station in China and also the richest, so they usually buy the premiere rights so that no other station/site can stream this show before they have finished the first run. Then another station would but the rights of a subsequent run for a lesser price. This can go on for ages since each province in China seems to have their own TV station.

In terms of youtube, posting eps there is actually illegal but as you said, being trapped overseas and banned by sites, we have little choice but to watch the illegal channels on youtube. Another option is to purchase a TV box that connects to chinese streaming sites like Youku, Tudou, LeTV, etcc. where it crawls and searches for series on its sites. But this can only happen when a show is publicly shown on free-to-air TV as Mango TV often shares a licence with one of the sites for the premiere broadcast. There are youtube channels which are actually licensed to stream shows.

But exclusive broadcasts like what we are experiencing now is shown in either Mango's own site or iQiyi where you can only view if you pay for a membership and the crawler engine cannot tap into it. And being overseas, even if you pay the site, you cannot watch it as it can only stream within China.

Most netizens are willing to share the ripped episodes from these exclusive sites not being they want to cause trouble or want to make money. They actually post these episodes without asking anything in return and they understand that not everyone can the circumstances to pay membership fees. Even though it is illegal, it is actually quite nice that people care.

But Mango TV is notorious for cutting episodes to a shorter length and adding 5-10 min recap scenes at the beginning of every episode so you may end up with more than the promised 47 eps. The more episodes, the longer the show ill run for and the more moolah from ads Mango gets.

which other show is mango tv going to broadcast later in the year (although its already nov!)?
    Rumours are that "Tribes and Empires" may screen after Christmas or early next year. "Princess Agents" may also screen around the new year mark.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by stylchick View Post
    I don't completely understand LLW's thought process at all. Prob does not help that I am only getting 50% comprehension from the viet subs.
    It does not help that LLW does not have that many scenes. I think LLW is attracted to Qingsuo but he is afraid of starting a new relationship with a girl other than Duanmu Lian. LLW is a very restricted person when he is not on the battlefield. He is very filial and listens to his mum. he is very honourable so he tries to be nice to every person. Even though he likes Qingsuo, his mum and his country and even his men come first. In fact, he is so nice that he does not know how to say no, and thus he always gives Luoyun false hope. He chooses to believe in his mum despite him having doubts about Qingsuo. He is not that bright a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by stylchick View Post
    I think QS has that trust in her relationship with YWY whether she does so herself or not. I really love the spark that these 2 have.
    I think that Qingsuo feels the safest with YWY even though she says she is the safest when with LLW. But time and time again, she is harmed and insulted when with LLW who can do nothing to protect her. Whereas with YWY, she knows he has her back.

At first i found it strange that after Qingsuo found out Yuwen Tai was responsible for her her parents' death, all her anger was directed at Yuwen Yong. She didn't even seem that angry with Yuwen Hu or even Yuwen Yu who were from the same clan.

Then I got it. From love comes hate. Qingsuo's anger towards Yuwen Yong comes from the fact that he was supposed to be a person that she felt safe with and trusted with her life, and now she is supposed to hate him. I guess she feels betrayed that he is keeping secrets from her but at the same time, I feel that she does not want to face the conflicted feelings that she has for him so she just converts it to hate and anger to block it out. She doesn't know how to deal with Yuwen Yong's love for her in case his father's involvement is proven true so she is trying not to cut ties with him now instead of being more hurt later. When she felt in danger while in Qi, she immediately expected Yuwen Yong to be there for her but when he wasn't, she felt abandoned which shows how important he is to her.
    Last edited by charbydis; 11-11-16 at 01:43 PM.
    Cyril Connolly

Discussion on Episode 26

They seriously should have kept the novel version. But since you told me what happened in the novel, I'll just imagine it 😁

I think that Qingsuo feels the safest with YWY even though she says she is the safest when with LLW. But time and time again, she is harmed and insulted when with LLW who can do nothing to protect her. Whereas with YWY, she knows he has her back.

At first i found it strange that after Qingsuo found out Yuwen Tai was responsible for her her parents' death, all her anger was directed at Yuwen Yong. She didn't even seem that angry with Yuwen Hu or even Yuwen Yu who were from the same clan.

Then I got it. From love comes hate. Qingsuo's anger towards Yuwen Yong comes from the fact that he was supposed to be a person that she felt safe with and trusted with her life, and now she is supposed to hate him. I guess she feels betrayed that he is keeping secrets from her but at the same time, I feel that she does not want to face the conflicted feelings that she has for him so she just converts it to hate and anger to block it out. She doesn't know how to deal with Yuwen Yong's love for her in case his father's involvement is proven true so she is trying not to cut ties with him now instead of being more hurt later. When she felt in danger while in Qi, she immediately expected Yuwen Yong to be there for her but when he wasn't, she felt abandoned which shows how important he is to her.
    I really like this analysis. At first I thought Qingsuo was being so unreasonable, but what you wrote makes sense. Liking/Loving someone can make a person be unreasonable (can't think of a better word).
    Last edited by tamitiafo; 11-12-16 at 01:20 AM.

彭冠英 Peng Guan Yin's weibo on 12th Nov 2016 at 23:46

感谢你们对#兰陵王妃# 的支持
    Thank you all for (your) support towards Lanling Wang fei
    明天是我们重新相遇的日子
    Tomorrow is the day we will meet once again
    附送一张内涵图
    Gifting one meaningful picture
    你们懂得
    You all understand

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/wap360/4a96f8a2gw1f9prafpo4sj21ho1zkkjo.jpg')

OMG! This Peng Guan Ying is such a rascal!!!! but I am totally in this is my favourite weibo post of his so far!

In case you guys don't understand why there's picture of him in bed (not that I am complaining), its actually a reference to "一起睡" let's sleep together because in the earlier episodes Yuwen Yong is always saying that to QS. And i feel its become a running joke as to when it will actually happen...

Favourite weibo replies to his post:

"My dearest, don't send bed pictures to seduce me if you don't have anything to do. "

"OMG! Booked a room, washed up and waiting for us? I AM ON MY WAY!"

But seriously, I really want to know who took this photo for him. Can't be a selfie cos his arms are tucked under the covers!

P.S am posting on my mobile so there's no advance mode where I can attach the pic. Hopefully you guys can see the picture.
    Last edited by yannlc; 11-14-16 at 12:10 AM.