Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Princess of LanLing King 《兰陵王妃》 - Andy Chen Yi, Zhang Hanyun, Peng Guanying

Ep 1 just started in free to air tv. Lots like Mango is at it with their crazy choppy editting again. They are even shortening the opening video to fit more ads in. My advice is to stick with the web version if you have access.

Quote Originally Posted by hkstars View Post
    'yannlc', regarding your favorite scenes...
    click to show/hide spoilers

Hm... I remember the comb that disappeared, and then it turned out that YWY took it. He gave it back to YQS when she was searching for it after their honeymoon scene. I can't think of scene with flowers; are you referring to the series here? Otherwise, I can only think of the scene in which the cherries were brought to her as his answer about her favorite food/fruit.
    HKstars...

I cant remember the exact scene and words...tried randomly re-reading chapters of the novel but its taking too long to find it

its actually a scene with Zhu housekeeper. he's the one who passes the message to QS. i only remembered the last 2 lines vaguely something about "i will stay here until you turn away ..."

Quote Originally Posted by stylchick View Post
    After watching ep 24, I have mix feelings about this triangle.

I wished they spent 1 more episode of LLW working through his issues and giving hints that he is accepting QS before all the angst. It's hard to buy into the triangle when it didn't seem like he really like/love her and only their past. They spent 20+ eps showing the evolution of YYW-QS relationship and half of that on the LLW-QS one. I think Andy Chen is doing a good job showing his conflicted feeling and giving the pretty boy-softie/warrior role his spin. Also, I really love the scenery and costuming in this series. They are so dreamy!
    I dont think LLW likes QS. He only likes Xiao Ling (XL).

He is constantly testing if QS is XL in epsiode 3. When QS was 'burnt' to death in the cave, he was transported back to XL's death again. He associated QS's death as XL being killed again. He was unable to accept QS as her own person. After QS's 'death', when he dreams, he still calls out XL's name.

I dont feel as if there's an evolution of LLW-QS relationship at all. When he brings her back to Qi, its to let her stay in XL's 'house'.QS is always the one reaching for him. Even LLW tells her not to be like what she is doing as she will regret (her actions).

I have the feeling that he brought QS back to Qi only because he wants to figure out who she is. That scene where he discovers his mother bleeding and QS with bloodied hands and he says that QS isnt fit to have XL's face indicates that he does not see QS as QS but rather a substitute of XL.

I think he was very angry at that moment because he felt that QS was using his memories of XL to influence his actions. So QS was defiling his good memories of QS.

However, the interesting bit is when QS returns to LLW and tells him that she regain her memories so she is XL after all. Is all the hurt he gave her when she was QS moot because he didnt know she was XL?

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Ep 1 just started in free to air tv. Lots like Mango is at it with their crazy choppy editting again. They are even shortening the opening video to fit more ads in. My advice is to stick with the web version if you have access.
    Oh man! it doesnt make sense...why edit it so there's less episodes...shouldnt they try to drag out the tv version so those that are paying and following the earlier broadcast will still keep paying?

at least this explains why for some shows there is the edited and unedited versions floating around... dont these people know that excessive editing might skew the storylines?

any ideas on the TV scheduling? I wonder if mango might decide to quickly release the rest of the episodes...if not we will have to wait till mid dec to know the ending

Dear All,

As promised, the other piece I was working on translating...I finally finished translating it! so tired! since we do not get a new episode tonight, hopefully this will bring you all great happiness (well...depending on which camp you are in).

I wanted to purchase the author's latest edition just to see what the epilogue was about when the show first started in October. Unfortunately, the book was out of stock in the bookshop and my only option was to search online. So i found this online listing of the book for sale and the listing reproduced the preface by the author.

Please note that I only translated the parts relating to the book and changed the order in which the characters are discussed. The actual order went LLW / YWY/ Yuwen Yu/ Xian Wu Cheng / Zhuge We Xue.

Preface of the book

START PREFACE

《蘭陵皇妃》 This book started when I was in the first year of school. I was invited to write a novel and I looked at some history and decided to write the story of Lanling Wang and so this book 《蘭陵皇妃》was borne. Although much later Yuwen Yong snatched away much of Lanling Wang's scenes, the story's leading man at the beginning was supposed to be Lanling Wang.

At the present, looking back on this book, at that time when I was younger, a lot of things were handled inadequately/ imperfectly. But it is precisely because of this, that it seems that emotions were more sincere. There is a message on a forum that I feel is very meaningful so I quote it here.

[Start Quote]
    Every female in their life would encounter different kinds of men, 《蘭陵皇妃》 refers obliquely to them. Let's talk about them.

諸葛無雪 Zhuge Wuxue refers obliquely to abnormal love / attachment

The use of abnormal isn’t because (of my) despise. On the contrary, I understand the basics of any kind of love, including homosexuality, longing for regrettable love, extramarital affair and even incest.

But understanding is one matter, society’s approval is another matter. So in the view of society, this will always be abnormal.

On occasion, this type of love might happen. This (person) who will never let a female touch him, thought he had fallen in love with another man. But once he discovers that Qing shuo is actually a female, he never looks back because this love has (become) deep. (1)

Actually those kind of so-called abnormal love, it is just a type feeling of reliance only, unrelated to whether it is normal or abnormal, at least they never harm anyone.

(1) In the novel, Zhuge Wuxue's character likes men. When he subsequently discovers QS is a female, he ends up sacrificing his life for her. Not that it helps much because she dies in the end.

香無塵 Xiang Wu Chen refers obliquely to a close male confidant , who is distinguished and accomplished with an unconventional lifestyle

Everyone has to grow up, and when you are older, you cannot always immense yourself in emotional love. When older, you have to walk and confront everything located outside. In the complicated, confused world, you will meet one kind of person. Having nothing to do with romance, but (between you and him) there's a spark. In the eyes of everyone, both of you seem to have no relation but when you are within his reach, and you encounter difficulties, (one) can only say one sentence. Those that harmed you will be in trouble.

香無塵 is this type of person. He is 100% (妖精) evil/ mesmerizes woman, bringing a charming personality trait, letting people recalled that verse '天下三分明月夜,二分無賴是揚州.' (2) This man who loves beauty seemingly (is one who) loves deeply, purely and (makes) others incapable of hating (him) forever.

(2) This is from a Tang Dynasty poem. Explanation available here sorry for not translating that explanation but its beyond my capabilities.

宇文毓 Yuwen Yu refers obliquely to (the one) who secretly loves you the deepest

Perhaps you never discovered, that wherever you go, there inevitably is a pair of gaze that watches you attentively. However if you were to turn around quickly, that gaze would unconsciously evade (you). After you and your lover quarrel, he will feel disappointed alone, he will look at you tenderly, he will steadily approach your side unobtrusively expressing concern. He will treat you so well that it creates guilt in you. You will also treat him well however you will never fall in love with him because he is not the destined one decreed by fate.

This is Yuwen Yu, (a) virtuous (man) who endures silently, (who) doesn’t have any enthusiastic feeling, only occasionally exchanging dialog, vague and (yet) profound, letting people hard to forget.

蘭陵王 Lan Ling Wan refers obliquely to First Love

Which young girl doesn’t yearn for love? In every female's heart, there exists a figure to open her door to romance.

Regarding the first love, perhaps it is a crazy kind of appreciation / admiration, perhaps it is a kind of worship / adoration, perhaps it is when she is at her weakest and (he) steps forward bravely (to assist), from then on, (it is) engraved in her heart and becomes an existence that is incapable of being erased.

To the woman, that person might not love her but she is unable to not care, she is also unable to refuse him. Lanling Wang seems to be this kind of figure.

Perhaps because the author seems to like Lanling Wang a lot, despite his outstanding image, his words and actions and demeanor from the beginning to the end are unable to exhibit his proper nature.

宇文邕 Yuwen Yong refers obliquely to True Love

There exists one type of man, who seems right from the beginning to have a grudge with you, but one day you will realise that the rapport that you have with him is not replicable with others, and one day when you realise that you are in danger, this person who used to make you angry is the first to rush up to protect you, perhaps you will discover that you both do not really dislike each other, even (discovering) that you love one another deeply, but you escape because you are afraid (of) losing, and you will wait, wait until he discovers one day, wait until one day he decides resolutely to confess (his feelings), (and at that moment) that is a woman's happiest moment is her life. Yuwen Yong is this type of person.

The author categories Lanling Wang as extremely beautiful proud and aloof and Yuwen Yong as a callous man who is scheming and profound but to me, Lanling wang is gentle and soft, proud and aloof is more appropriate on Yuwen Yong. As he wasn’t in love with Qingshuo at the beginning but when he fell in love later, he wouldn’t let go, even willing to pay with his life to capture the other party, to use his everything to give her what she wants, this is true love.

It would appear that Lanling Wang pales in comparison.

[End Quote]
    Honestly speaking, when I wrote this book I wasn’t thinking much. (It was) simply letting the story flow. This story now that I recollect, perhaps 《蘭陵皇妃》 consolidates all my comprehension of love at that age. In a blink of the eye, it has been many years since this book was first published, the first run was sold out. Those who read the book back then and to those who are about to read the book, I hope you will like everyone in the book.

Off course I wish that you will look at my other books, to explore romance and the true meaning of life, let us grow together.

Yang Qian Zhi
    2013 February 25

END PREFACE

Please share your thoughts. I havent had the opportunity to experience any of the above ...so to me its just words.

By the way with regards to the drama
    brief observations up to episode 28, Zhuge Wu Xue and Xiang Wu Cheng's 'characters' are not the same. So far only Yuwen Yu remains like in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by yannlc View Post
    HKstars...

I cant remember the exact scene and words...tried randomly re-reading chapters of the novel but its taking too long to find it

its actually a scene with Zhu housekeeper. he's the one who passes the message to QS. i only remembered the last 2 lines vaguely something about "i will stay here until you turn away ..."
    Yes, I love YWY's words, they're all very meaningful; he produces some of the most memorable lines in this book.

Dear All,

As promised, the other piece I was working on translating...I finally finished translating it! so tired! since we do not get a new episode tonight, hopefully this will bring you all great happiness (well...depending on which camp you are in).

Please share your thoughts. I havent had the opportunity to experience any of the above ...so to me its just words.
    Thank you for translating this... it provides more insight as to why readers are so puzzled about the book title and the main characters involved, and which guy the main female loves.

Dear All,

I wanted to purchase the author's latest edition just to see what the epilogue was about when the show first started in October. Unfortunately, the book was out of stock in the bookshop and my only option was to search online. So i found this online listing of the book for sale and the listing reproduced the preface by the author.

Please note that I only translated the parts relating to the book and changed the order in which the characters are discussed. The actual order went LLW / YWY/ Yuwen Yu/ Xian Wu Cheng / Zhuge We Xue.

Preface of the book

START PREFACE

《蘭陵皇妃》 This book started when I was in the first year of school. I was invited to write a novel and I looked at some history and decided to write the story of Lanling Wang and so this book 《蘭陵皇妃》was borne. Although much later Yuwen Yong snatched away much of Lanling Wang's scenes, the story's leading man at the beginning was supposed to be Lanling Wang.

At the present, looking back on this book, at that time when I was younger, a lot of things were handled inadequately/ imperfectly. But it is precisely because of this, that it seems that emotions were more sincere. There is a message on a forum that I feel is very meaningful so I quote it here.

[Start Quote]
    Every female in their life would encounter different kinds of men, 《蘭陵皇妃》 refers obliquely to them. Let's talk about them.

The use of abnormal isn’t because (of my) despise. On the contrary, I understand the basics of any kind of love, including homosexuality, longing for regrettable love, extramarital affair and even incest.

But understanding is one matter, society’s approval is another matter. So in the view of society, this will always be abnormal.

On occasion, this type of love might happen. This (person) who will never let a female touch him, thought he had fallen in love with another man. But once he discovers that Qing shuo is actually a female, he never looks back because this love has (become) deep. (1)

Actually those kind of so-called abnormal love, it is just a type feeling of reliance only, unrelated to whether it is normal or abnormal, at least they never harm anyone.

(1) In the novel, Zhuge Wuxue's character likes men. When he subsequently discovers QS is a female, he ends up sacrificing his life for her. Not that it helps much because she dies in the end.

香無塵 Xiang Wu Chen refers obliquely to a close male confidant , who is distinguished and accomplished with an unconventional lifestyle

Everyone has to grow up, and when you are older, you cannot always immense yourself in emotional love. When older, you have to walk and confront everything located outside. In the complicated, confused world, you will meet one kind of person. Having nothing to do with romance, but (between you and him) there's a spark. In the eyes of everyone, both of you seem to have no relation but when you are within his reach, and you encounter difficulties, (one) can only say one sentence. Those that harmed you will be in trouble.

香無塵 is this type of person. He is 100% (妖精) evil/ mesmerizes woman, bringing a charming personality trait, letting people recalled that verse '天下三分明月夜,二分無賴是揚州.' (2) This man who loves beauty seemingly (is one who) loves deeply, purely and (makes) others incapable of hating (him) forever.

(2) This is from a Tang Dynasty poem. Explanation available here sorry for not translating that explanation but its beyond my capabilities.

Perhaps you never discovered, that wherever you go, there inevitably is a pair of gaze that watches you attentively. However if you were to turn around quickly, that gaze would unconsciously evade (you). After you and your lover quarrel, he will feel disappointed alone, he will look at you tenderly, he will steadily approach your side unobtrusively expressing concern. He will treat you so well that it creates guilt in you. You will also treat him well however you will never fall in love with him because he is not the destined one decreed by fate.

This is Yuwen Yu, (a) virtuous (man) who endures silently, (who) doesn’t have any enthusiastic feeling, only occasionally exchanging dialog, vague and (yet) profound, letting people hard to forget.

Which young girl doesn’t yearn for love? In every female's heart, there exists a figure to open her door to romance.

Regarding the first love, perhaps it is a crazy kind of appreciation / admiration, perhaps it is a kind of worship / adoration, perhaps it is when she is at her weakest and (he) steps forward bravely (to assist), from then on, (it is) engraved in her heart and becomes an existence that is incapable of being erased.

To the woman, that person might not love her but she is unable to not care, she is also unable to refuse him. Lanling Wang seems to be this kind of figure.

Perhaps because the author seems to like Lanling Wang a lot, despite his outstanding image, his words and actions and demeanor from the beginning to the end are unable to exhibit his proper nature.

There exists one type of man, who seems right from the beginning to have a grudge with you, but one day you will realise that the rapport that you have with him is not replicable with others, and one day when you realise that you are in danger, this person who used to make you angry is the first to rush up to protect you, perhaps you will discover that you both do not really dislike each other, even (discovering) that you love one another deeply, but you escape because you are afraid (of) losing, and you will wait, wait until he discovers one day, wait until one day he decides resolutely to confess (his feelings), (and at that moment) that is a woman's happiest moment is her life. Yuwen Yong is this type of person.

The author categories Lanling Wang as extremely beautiful proud and aloof and Yuwen Yong as a callous man who is scheming and profound but to me, Lanling wang is gentle and soft, proud and aloof is more appropriate on Yuwen Yong. As he wasn’t in love with Qingshuo at the beginning but when he fell in love later, he wouldn’t let go, even willing to pay with his life to capture the other party, to use his everything to give her what she wants, this is true love.

[End Quote]
    Honestly speaking, when I wrote this book I wasn’t thinking much. (It was) simply letting the story flow. This story now that I recollect, perhaps 《蘭陵皇妃》 consolidates all my comprehension of love at that age. In a blink of the eye, it has been many years since this book was first published, the first run was sold out. Those who read the book back then and to those who are about to read the book, I hope you will like everyone in the book.

Off course I wish that you will look at my other books, to explore romance and the true meaning of life, let us grow together.

Yang Qian Zhi
    2013 February 25

END PREFACE

brief observations up to episode 28, Zhuge Wu Xue and Xiang Wu Cheng's 'characters' are not the same. So far only Yuwen Yu remains like in the book.
    Thank you! This is very interesting and gives us more insight into the characters. In episode 26, I really liked how you can see the all the things YWY does for QS without her knowing. She is mad at him for not rescuing her but he was the one that rescued her at the end of the day. Poor guy.

So does Qing Suo end up with Yu Wen Yong or lan ling wang? The ending song firefly is so touching with only scenes of LLW and Qing Suo. And then there's the scene where she is in red and walks to LLW and then they hug. I seriously thought they were going to end up together until I started reading this thread and now I'm "kind of" shipping for Qing Suo to be with Yu Wen Yong but not quite yet.

Thanks for the translation, yannlc. Very interesting to know how the original novel was. Seems like Yuwen Yong is mostly unchanged which is good.

Just watched ep 29, seems like Qingsuo is indeed angry that Yuwen Ying did not come to save her rather than being just insensitive. But i hope she will snap out of it soon.

The height difference has been giving me the laughs in what happens between Yuwen Yong and Qingsuo in the first 10 mins.

@Chardbylis agreed with your comment on the first 10mins of episode 29. With that height difference, nothing's gonna happen! 😄

Just finished episode 30 and my Yong is so poor thing... I think it's become a running joke on when an actual kiss/bed is going to happen for Yong-shou!

Xiang Wu Chen actually has some memorable lines in ep 30.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/orj360/005BzBzJgw1f9u9phjgcej31jl0v91kz.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/orj360/005BzBzJgw1f9u9r4s28sj31jl0v91kz.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/orj360/005BzBzJgw1f9uaap5p94j31jl0v9npf.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/orj360/005BzBzJgw1f9uay4fubkj31jl0v91kz.jpg')

If you analyse this show deeply it's actually showcasing the different kinds of love available and how people view love...

Eg. in an earlier episode QS yelled at XWC for not appreciating Tao Hua's love and "loving" that evil women (miao xian zi) & now we get XWC telling her that she should realise who loves her not once but twice.

Looking forward to ep 32!

Last edited by yannlc; 11-16-16 at 10:51 PM.

Thanks for the translation, yannlc. Very interesting to know how the original novel was. Seems like Yuwen Yong is mostly unchanged which is good.

Just watched ep 29, seems like Qingsuo is indeed angry that Yuwen Ying did not come to save her rather than being just insensitive. But i hope she will snap out of it soon.

The height difference has been giving me the laughs in what happens between Yuwen Yong and Qingsuo in the first 10 mins.
    Ep 29 first 10 minutes -> I ROFL as well. Looks like his neck was going to fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by stylchick View Post
    Ep 29 first 10 minutes -> I ROFL as well. Looks like his neck was going to fall off.
    He probably strained his neck filming that scene! Love to find out if there are NG clips!

So looking forward to ep 32.

Ep 31 is very nice! Lots of warm moments for us on the Yong-Suo ship!

The kids are so cute!
    And it is a surprise to know that Yuwen Yong actually started protecting Qingsuo even when they were kids rather that the earlier scene where she set the dogs on him. In a way, it is that destiny had already entwined their lives together at a young age.

I am glad that Qingsuo is finally softening to Yuwen Yong and trusting her heart that he is not an evil person. I think she sees a bit of herself in him when she sacrifices all to save Lan Ling Wang and Yuwen Yong goes all out to keep her safe, and he yearns for her attention just as she yearns for Lan Ling Wang's. Hopefully this will bring them closer together.

In regards to Qingsuo's promise to Yuwen Yong,
    I am pretty confident that they will make it clear that she stays with as she grows feelings for him and not because she owed him. And from the upcoming trailer, it seems Yuwen Yong has also made it clear to Qingsuo (albiet while drunk) that he really does not want to keep her captive. Looks like a long of development in regards to the Yong-suo relationship next week! wooohoo!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Ep 31 is very nice! Lots of warm moments for us on the Yong-Suo ship!

The kids are so cute!
    And it is a surprise to know that Yuwen Yong actually started protecting Qingsuo even when they were kids rather that the earlier scene where she set the dogs on him. In a way, it is that destiny had already entwined their lives together at a young age.

In regards to Qingsuo's promise to Yuwen Yong,
    I am pretty confident that they will make it clear that she stays with as she grows feelings for him and not because she owed him. And from the upcoming trailer, it seems Yuwen Yong has also made it clear to Qingsuo (albiet while drunk) that he really does not want to keep her captive. Looks like a long of development in regards to the Yong-suo relationship next week! wooohoo!
    I agree with you! Totally love ep31! I was squealing away the whole time!

regarding the children's scenes, it means their relationship etc started much earlier than LLW-QS! I find it hilarious that he remembers her as the girl who set dogs on him while she remembers him as the 哥哥 big brother who protects and save her!

And it proves that she creates the biggest impact on his life! Previously YWY said he loves military stuff when he was younger but something happened to change his character into liking books - am guessing it's him seeing her being hunt down by those soldiers. So because his character has changed, he is sent to Qi as a hostage where he meets QS again who gives him added trauma with puppies!!! Talk about having a 'long history' together!!

Ep 31 also shows the difference between LLW and YWY.
    When QS tells LLW to leave cos it's dangerous to stay, he refuses for awhile but still leaves. However when she tells YWY to leave cos it dangerous for him, he gets into that carriage instead and protects her as their carriage drops down the ravine.

There's the previous contrast when QS gets shot with an arrow again. When she is shot with an arrow & falls off the cliff, LLW just watches in horror. When she is hit with a bow & Yanwan let's QS fall into the water, YWY does not hesitate & jumps in after her.

I am really curious how the screen writer is going to justify QS leaving YWY & returning to LLW's side in later episodes.

Who QS choses straight from Zhang Han Yun's mouth...note that the LLW-QS shippers are saying it's not true since the interview was given before the show started filming & scripts werent given out yet
    Last edited by yannlc; 11-18-16 at 01:15 AM.

In today's episode, did LLW give QS his half of the handkerchief? If he did, I feel like it's going to start stirring up her memory of them two together...I'm still shipping LLW with QS although I wish there was another QS for YWY

Oh my God I'm searching for a gentle forum like this for long time. People outside just make wars about LLW-QS or WWY-QS like mad.
    Ep 31 was so sad when both Qing Suo and Gao Chang Gong cried for their break up. My Chinese is bad so can anyone translate for me the conversation please?
    Gao Chang Gong even tied the handkerchief of Xiao Lian to Qing Suo's hand, it means he loved her so much he could give the thing he most treasured to her.
    I hate scriptwriters, they built up Gao Chang Gong's image as an excellent warrior so why let him act like a silly guy ??? It seemed like scriptwriters just wanted to focus on the intelligence of Wu Wen Yong so they made Gao Chang Gong acting like an idiot just jumping to the traps of enemies without thinking, or backup plan to escape but just waiting for Wu Wen Yong to save him.

Talking

Dear All,

Preface of the book

START PREFACE

[Start Quote]

[End Quote]

Yang Qian Zhi
    2013 February 25

END PREFACE

Thanks so much for the translation. I think many people experience this kind of love and probably the author's inspiration. Would be nice to experience, but since its not likely for everyone, seeing it through dramas is the next best thing

彭冠英 Peng Guan Yin's weibo on 12th Nov 2016 at 23:46

感谢你们对#兰陵王妃# 的支持
    Thank you all for (your) support towards Lanling Wang fei
    明天是我们重新相遇的日子
    Tomorrow is the day we will meet once again
    附送一张内涵图
    Gifting one meaningful picture
    你们懂得
    You all understand

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/wap360/4a96f8a2gw1f9prafpo4sj21ho1zkkjo.jpg')

OMG! This Peng Guan Ying is such a rascal!!!! but I am totally in this is my favourite weibo post of his so far!
    Thanks for all the translation, he's is such a rascal
    He's my new crush, LLW is a beautiful man but YWY has so much personality

I need a new carriage driver!

Quote Originally Posted by Eveline Huynh View Post
    Oh my God I'm searching for a gentle forum like this for long time. People outside just make wars about LLW-QS or WWY-QS like mad.
    Ep 31 was so sad when both Qing Suo and Gao Chang Gong cried for their break up. My Chinese is bad so can anyone translate for me the conversation please?
    Gao Chang Gong even tied the handkerchief of Xiao Lian to Qing Suo's hand, it means he loved her so much he could give the thing he most treasured to her.
    Welcome to our forum!

In ep 31, basically Lan Ling Wang said that he was sorry he misunderstood Qingsuo and asked her to go away with him. But Qingsuo said no, as she had already eloped twice with him. He is too late and she is tired of eloping with him. She said she knew that they would never be together when she asked him whether it was really her that he liked (and he sort of evaded the answer back then in Qi). Qingsuo thanks him for his concern for her but says she must stay in Zhou. He asks jealously if it is because of Yuwen Yong, but she replies that she needs to stay for herself. Lan Ling Wang hugs her and grabs her hand as a last resort and she tells him to let go. He then says that he will let of her, and he will also let go of himself.

I think when he tied the leaf handkerchief on Qingsuo's hand, it was symbolism that he had finally stepped out of his guilt and grief over Xiao Lian and willing to accept Qingsuo after all that she had sacrificed for him. But was it really Qingsuo that he was mentally letting go of, or was it Xiaolian and thus relieving himself of the guilt of not being to save her on the cliff?

When Qingsuo sees that image of Lan Ling Wang dressed in white armour standing before her, it is a reminder of her obsessive love for him in the past. When the image disappears, it is symbolism that she too has let go.

Ep 31 is an interesting episode.
    Both Lan Ling Wang and Qingsuo had been ensnared for their feelings for Xiaolian and Lan Ling Wang respectively, and it was ruining their lives and everyone else around them by not being able to step forward. As they both let go of this stubbornness, they free themselves and are able to get on with their lives. Don't get me wrong, Qingsuo will always have Lan Ling Wang in her heart, and Lan Ling Wang will always love Xiaolian. They have not gotten over it yet but they are taking a healthy step forth. Even when Qingsuo stays with Yuwen Yong in exchange for Lan Ling Wang's release, she still thinks about Lan Ling Wang but at least she is more mature and realistic.

And regarding Yuwen Yong and Qingsuo, the promise is actually creating a barrier between them even though they have actually grown closer in their relationship. The promise intrudes on their pride as individuals and that is why they still argue about minor things and are unwilling to speak out their true feelings. But when they do work together for a common goal, their chemistry and understanding of each other is amazing. There is more to their relationship than just romance which has not blossomed yet. There is also friendship, comradery and gratitude. No matter what Qingsuo says, she has already shown that she does care about Yuwen Yong, even if it is an afterthought, and she is not going to abandon him if he is in danger.
    Last edited by charbydis; 11-18-16 at 10:35 AM.