Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Princess of LanLing King 《兰陵王妃》 - Andy Chen Yi, Zhang Hanyun, Peng Guanying

Quote Originally Posted by stylchick View Post
    PGY and ZHY duet on Happy Camp

https://youtu.be/mUxF5yoPZVE
    Thanks!!! was a cute song they sung together

As promised, since there's no episode tonight...let me help 'distribute some sweets'

took me awhile cos I wasn’t so sure how to translate this part...do I go with the general meaning or do a literal translation? bit worried my post might get flag for indecency too... and where do I start? Just that scene that went missing? Or right from the start?

CLIFF SCENE FROM THE NOVEL

[Start]

The bottom of the cliff was a soft sandy beach, at the front was the stormy sea which was sending icy bursts of ocean breeze.

I opened my eyes and looked around, suspecting that I was in Hades. At this moment, a pair of warm hands held my shoulders and carefully moved me into his arms, asking urgently “Qingshuo, are you alright?”

This is Yuwen Yong's voice, it was so real, as it turns out I really did not die. I raise my eyes to look at him. His eyes were filled with tender concern. My chest ached and I embraced him tightly, saying incoherently: “Yong, we are alive! That's good, we are not dead...”

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/orj360/97737c3cjw1fa1m0h1orxj218g0xc7av.jpg')

His hands tightened and pulled me into his embrace, gently caressing my hair. A while later he tilts my cheek up tenderly and asked warmly: “Qingshuo, what did you call me?” At this moment, his gaze suddenly tensed. Looking closely at my face he asked: “Why is there blood? Are you injured again?”

I shake my head, saying : “You always ask me if I am injured but you forget that you might get hurt too?” I lean over and examined his wound where the broken knife blade had cut his arm.(1) Luckily it was not deep but blood continued to flow, spreading on a wide expanse of his clothing. I gently tear the bloodied clothing that was covering the wound and asked: “Does it hurt?”

Yuwen Yong shakes his head, quietly looking at me, his gaze seem to be radiating much happiness. I stood up, used my hand to scope ocean water to cleanse his wound. The ocean water contains salt, applying it to his wound must be very painful but he didnt seem to react, only looking at me with soft warm eyes.

Without hesitation, I untied the orchid handkerchief (2) and gently wrapped his wound.

Yuwen Yong's expression moved, all of a suddenly (he) asked deeply: “You.... are willingly to part?”

I was stumped for words, seeing that he was glancing gloomily at the Orchid handkerchief. I lowered my head and answered softly: “I do not know how to answer and I do not know if you will believe me. But at this moment, in this world, there is no one else more important that you.”

Yuwen Yong's expression trembled, looking like he was touched, he hugged me tightly in his embrace, his chin pressing tightly on my forehead. Lying in his chest, I can hear his heart beating strongly with strength.

Under 18 version

click to show/hide spoilers
    CENSORED!

Adult Version

He lowered his head, pressing his lips along the edge of my hair on my forehead, bit by bit moving downward, softly and gently streaking across my eyes, nose and lastly ruthlessly landing on my lips, with scorching urgency....I suddenly did not know how to reject, let alone how to respond...his kisses were originally gently but at this moment all of a sudden (his kisses were so) intense, I was nearly choking ..his tongue deeply exploring in my mouth, as if demanding for something...

My whole body was powerless, both hands grabbing his lapels, seemingly powerless to support my body, simply helplessly gasping for breathe....

Yuwen Yong flipped (over), pressing me under (his body), (with) scorching breath, kissing from my neck to my earlobe...

It was cold (3), but at this moment, my whole body was heated up, I was already extremely exhausted, at this moment, my brain was blank, his kisses were scalding yet gentle and soft...letting me know that I still exist...but at this moment, Yuwen Yong suddenly stopped moving, (from) his eyes, (I could see that he) seem to be making a supreme effort to suppress his lust. He leaned over my body, grasping for breathe saying: “Qingshuo, not here... I want to give you the most beautiful building (4), I want to let you be in the place that belongs to us, genuinely become mine.” (5)

My breathing was not constant, like (I was) releasing a sigh of relief and (yet) like (I was) sighing, both (my) hands gently caressing his messy hair, softly said: “Yuwen Yong, you fool...” (6)

He held me in the crook of his arm, both my hands embracing him at his waist.

Then they talked... (7)
    Yuwen Yong pressed my shoulders firmly, with a strange voice, (he) said: “Qingshuo stop moving about.” I was astonished, mischievously I rubbed against his chest, lifting my eyes, I asked “What's wrong?” His body trembled, in his eyes, lust ignited, he took deep breathes, like he was trying to restrain himself, a good looking pair of lips pressed on my forehead, his voice with weak anger and yet endearingly, he called out my name “Qingshuo!”

I only now understood what was going on and hastily avoided his vision, honestly lying in his embrace motionless.

(1) in the novel YWY had used a knife to stop their descent down the cliff. It broke and the broken blade cut YWY in the arm
    (2) in the novel, if I remember correctly, LLW had given QS a handkerchief with orchids.
    (3) description of the moon and weather. (Omitted cos it spoils the whole lovely dovely bit).
    (4) So rather than a diamond ring, he gives her a building...oh wait they are already married!
    (5) sometimes the english words just cant convey the right feeling (or perhaps my translation skills suck) so here's the chinese: “清锁,不可以在这里……我要给你最美的楼宇,我要让你在属于我们的地方,真真正正地属于我。”
    (6) If it was me, I wouldn’t have said it softly.
    (7) they talked a lot. It was a discussion on who was trying to assinate QS / YWY. In the novel QS had left YWY's house to travel to YWH's house in a concealed carriage. Midway, people tried to assassinate her. They were discussing who wanted to kill her and also discussing maybe the killers were expecting YWY instead.

[End]

NB: I think this scene was edited. If i remember correctly, the scene in the drama ended with QS sitting very woodenly in his arms...am guessing its that last bit of the translated bit in the novel?

After reading this excerpt, I hope you guys can understand how much I had looked forward to these scenes...if you don’t, then I guess I get too easily excited over words?

It's just that I feel that YWY waited so long for QS to accept him, it certainty calls for more passionate scenes between them...however from trailer 40, it looks like the bed scene's gonna be seriously watered down again...
    Last edited by yannlc; 12-05-16 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yannlc View Post
    As promised, since there's no episode tonight...let me help 'distribute some sweets'

took me awhile cos I wasn’t so sure how to translate this part...do I go with the general meaning or do a literal translation? bit worried my post might get flag for indecency too... and where do I start? Just that scene that went missing? Or right from the start?

[Start]

The bottom of the cliff was a soft sandy beach, at the front was the stormy sea which was sending icy bursts of ocean breeze.

I opened my eyes and looked around, suspecting that I was in Hades. At this moment, a pair of warm hands held my shoulders and carefully moved me into his arms, asking urgently “Qingshuo, are you alright?”

This is Yuwen Yong's voice, it was so real, as it turns out I really did not die. I raise my eyes to look at him. His eyes were filled with tender concern. My chest ached and I embraced him tightly, saying incoherently: “Yong, we are alive! That's good, we are not dead...”

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/orj360/97737c3cjw1fa1m0h1orxj218g0xc7av.jpg')

His hands tightened and pulled me into his embrace, gently caressing my hair. A while later he tilts my cheek up tenderly and asked warmly: “Qingshuo, what did you call me?” At this moment, his gaze suddenly tensed. Looking closely at my face he asked: “Why is there blood? Are you injured again?”

I shake my head, saying : “You always ask me if I am injured but you forget that you might get hurt too?” I lean over and examined his wound where the broken knife blade had cut his arm.(1) Luckily it was not deep but blood continued to flow, spreading on a wide expanse of his clothing. I gently tear the bloodied clothing that was covering the wound and asked: “Does it hurt?”

Yuwen Yong shakes his head, quietly looking at me, his gaze seem to be radiating much happiness. I stood up, used my hand to scope ocean water to cleanse his wound. The ocean water contains salt, applying it to his wound must be very painful but he didnt seem to react, only looking at me with soft warm eyes.

Without hesitation, I untied the orchid handkerchief (2) and gently wrapped his wound.

Yuwen Yong's expression moved, all of a suddenly (he) asked deeply: “You.... are willingly to part?”

I was stumped for words, seeing that he was glancing gloomily at the Orchid handkerchief. I lowered my head and answered softly: “I do not know how to answer and I do not know if you will believe me. But at this moment, in this world, there is no one else more important that you.”

Yuwen Yong's expression trembled, looking like he was touched, he hugged me tightly in his embrace, his chin pressing tightly on my forehead. Lying in his chest, I can hear his heart beating strongly with strength.

Under 18 version

CENSORED!

Adult Version

He lowered his head, pressing his lips along the edge of my hair on my forehead, bit by bit moving downward, softly and gently streaking across my eyes, nose and lastly ruthlessly landing on my lips, with scorching urgency....I suddenly did not know how to reject, let alone how to respond...his kisses were originally gently but at this moment all of a sudden (his kisses were so) intense, I was nearly choking ..his tongue deeply exploring in my mouth, as if demanding for something...

My whole body was powerless, both hands grabbing his lapels, seemingly powerless to support my body, simply helplessly gasping for breathe....

Yuwen Yong flipped (over), pressing me under (his body), (with) scorching breath, kissing from my neck to my earlobe...

It was cold (3), but at this moment, my whole body was heated up, I was already extremely exhausted, at this moment, my brain was blank, his kisses were scalding yet gentle and soft...letting me know that I still exist...but at this moment, Yuwen Yong suddenly stopped moving, (from) his eyes, (I could see that he) seem to be making a supreme effort to suppress his lust. He leaned over my body, grasping for breathe saying: “Qingshuo, not here... I want to give you the most beautiful building (4), I want to let you be in the place that belongs to us, genuinely become mine.” (5)

My breathing was not constant, like (I was) releasing a sigh of relief and (yet) like (I was) sighing, both (my) hands gently caressing his messy hair, softly said: “Yuwen Yong, you fool...” (6)

He held me in the crook of his arm, both my hands embracing him at his waist.

Then they talked... (7)
    Yuwen Yong pressed my shoulders firmly, with a strange voice, (he) said: “Qingshuo stop moving about.” I was astonished, mischievously I rubbed against his chest, lifting my eyes, I asked “What's wrong?” His body trembled, in his eyes, lust ignited, he took deep breathes, like he was trying to restrain himself, a good looking pair of lips pressed on my forehead, his voice with weak anger and yet endearingly, he called out my name “Qingshuo!”

I only now understood what was going on and hastily avoided his vision, honestly lying in his embrace motionless.

(1) in the novel YWY had used a knife to stop their descent down the cliff. It broke and the broken blade cut YWY in the arm
    (2) in the novel, if I remember correctly, LLW had given QS a handkerchief with orchids.
    (3) description of the moon and weather. (Omitted cos it spoils the whole lovely dovely bit).
    (4) So rather than a diamond ring, he gives her a building...oh wait they are already married!
    (5) sometimes the english words just cant convey the right feeling (or perhaps my translation skills suck) so here's the chinese: “清锁,不可以在这里……我要给你最美的楼宇,我要让你在属于我们的地方,真真正正地属于我。”
    (6) If it was me, I wouldn’t have said it softly.
    (7) they talked a lot. It was a discussion on who was trying to assinate QS / YWY. In the novel QS had left YWY's house to travel to YWH's house in a concealed carriage. Midway, people tried to assassinate her. They were discussing who wanted to kill her and also discussing maybe the killers were expecting YWY instead.

[End]

NB: I think this scene was edited. If i remember correctly, the scene in the drama ended with QS sitting very woodenly in his arms...am guessing its that last bit of the translated bit in the novel?

After reading this excerpt, I hope you guys can understand how much I had looked forward to these scenes...if you don’t, then I guess I get too easily excited over words?

It's just that I feel that YWY waited so long for QS to accept him, it certainty calls for more passionate scenes between them...however from trailer 40, it looks like the bed scene's gonna be seriously watered down again...
    @yannlc Thank you so much. This makes me wish I could read Chinese. The scene is definitely more passionate than what we ended up getting. I like that the novel showed her having deeper feelings for him then what was shown on TV.

. . .

Having read this part already, I'm still melting over this English translation of yours (great job, I still feel the emotions). I'm mad at the production for trimming down on this cliff scene; it certainly didn't live up to my expectaction/imagination. Like you said, I'm afraid episode 40 is going to be watered down also; maybe all we see is the cherry blossoms... hic hic..

Thanks so much... Wow. I really wish this series was PG 13 instead of Y.
    I think YWY does a pretty good job of showing he really longs for QS... but I still don't see much from QS. I like the actress, but I wish she portrayed more reciprocation of love towards him.

Thank you yannic for translating the cliff scene, I really appreciate it
    This kind of changes the pace I think QS falls in love with YWY. I wish I could read Chinese, as the book seems like it has more details than the drama.
    I wonder if they actually filmed the scene but decided to cut it out (*cough hua qian gu cough*)?

Thanks yannic for the translation. :thunbsup:

Just watched ep 40!
    Yuwen Yong and Qingshuo have consummated their marriage! Although it was sad to see Qingshuo answer for Yuwen Yong in marrying Princess Ashina, it was nice to see how much she has matured since the start of the series where she was just a silly girl who was obsessed with romance.

Now that Qingshuo has finally accepted Yuwen Yong as her husband, I really do not see how she can turn back and end up with Lan Ling Wang even if she regains her memories as Duanmu Lian. It might be a pity for her to refuse Lan Ling Wang but Qingshuo seems to have a strong personality which is not wishy-washy.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Just finished episode 40...that bed scene is absolutely pathetic!

Am loving the flashbacks...it's so sweet to know that she's shaped his life all this while...

To all those Gong-shuo shippers...

Sorry to break your heart.

Trailer Ep 42
    Last edited by yannlc; 12-08-16 at 02:07 AM.

Just finished episode 40...that bed scene is absolutely pathetic!

Am loving the flashbacks...it's so sweet to know that she's shaped his life all this while...
    I already expected that we'll just get to see cherry blossoms and fruits. Those scenes seem a little bit disconnected, so I don't know if anything got cut.

Just wanna keep the best image of Gao Chang Gong - Duan Mu Lian in my mind. Scriptwriters and director ruined all the meaning of a profound love story they'd built at the beginning. I feel pity for Xiao Lian if she loves another man but Gao Chang Gong, just for a simple reason of losing memory (ridiculous!). Xiao Lian, at first, wished to do everything to be with Gao Chang Gong. If her affection for him is really deep and strong that much (mostly because of their childhood love), she would not love another man that easy and quick.
    I will accept the plot if Gao Chang Gong become a bad guy or something like that, but he is still too perfect with his loyalty and sweetness to Xiao Lian. That's why Xiao Lian does not deserve his love anymore.
    Some good actors can't save a bad drama. And I still don't understand the real meaning of the name "Lan Ling Wang Fei" lol.

I saw a really pathetic kiss scene today... All the attempts of a kiss had more action that today's sonic speed peck.

The bed scene is no bed scene...

They had more spark fighting than loving each other...I still love this series though =D

Sigh* Episode 40 bed scene was such a let down but happy they're finally together together, mentally and physically.

Eveline Huynh, I was actually a GCG and QS ship to begin with. I wanted them to be together, but when he broke her heart and let her down so many times (yea I know he's in love with duan mu lian, which is actually the same person). I felt that she deserves better. Life isn't about living in the past, it's about the present and future. Yes it's a tragedy she forgot him and their love should have been strong enough for her to at least have some memory of him. WELL she did!! In the first few episodes when she ran away and was in the embrace of GCG, she said why does this embrace feel so familiar and warm despite the scary mask. She was comfortable with him since early on and tried to be with him, not once but twice!! But what did she get in the end? Heart break but it doesn't she mean she stops caring for him. He's still in her mind and memory (or else why would she leave the palace when she heard he might be in danger? spoiler? felt like i read this from a previous post)
    In addition, QS resisted being with YWY even after that sad break up scene between GCG and QS. She told him, "I know I'm not going to be with LWL anymore, but it doesn't mean I'm giving you a chance". Even up to episode 40, before the bed scene, when YWY finds her at the pagoda, she still not completely sure if her decision is right (staying in Zhou and staying to be besides YWY as a lover or friend). I feel like QS slowly, like really slowly, warmed up to YWY and was touched by his actions and words (he put his life in line for her several times, and I was emotionally moved as an audience). Thus eventually, allowing herself to fall in love with him.

The original title of the book used a different wang, not the current wang in the drama. The book used the wang, which was meant for kings, while the drama used the wang meant for lords. I was confused about this too early on too, and I thought they did that maybe bc they wanted to give a different ending compared to the book. But for how the story is playing out right now, I don't know who she will end up with. But at the end, whatever choice she makes, they're both good choices.

Wheh i feel like I wrote a lot. I don't mean to change your opinion or anything, bc I was die-hard GCG-QS/ DML ship in the beginning.
    Last edited by melodymuse; 12-07-16 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tamitiafo View Post
    I saw a really pathetic kiss scene today... All the attempts of a kiss had more action that today's sonic speed peck.

The bed scene is no bed scene...

They had more spark fighting than loving each other...I still love this series though =D
    I agree! Qing Suo and Yuwen Yong had more chemistry when they were quarreling and he was trying to steal kisses and hugs from her. Now they are just boring, with all the angst about Princess Ashina. I want Qing Suo to run back to Lan Ling Wang's side and fall back in love with him now that her memories are back, just to liven everything up again. Surely, she must still harbor some romantic feeling for Lan Ling Wang, given how deeply in love she was with him before. Now is the time for Lan Ling Wang to dial up the charm and give Yuwen Yong some competition (and hopefully spice up the drama again for me).

The last 5 min of ep 41 is very sad. Though I am a Yongshuo shipper, I do feel for Lan Ling Wang and Duanmu Lian in what they had to go through and how they were manipulated into that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Eveline Huynh View Post
    Just wanna keep the best image of Gao Chang Gong - Duan Mu Lian in my mind. Scriptwriters and director ruined all the meaning of a profound love story they'd built at the beginning. I feel pity for Xiao Lian if she loves another man but Gao Chang Gong, just for a simple reason of losing memory (ridiculous!). Xiao Lian, at first, wished to do everything to be with Gao Chang Gong. If her affection for him is really deep and strong that much (mostly because of their childhood love), she would not love another man that easy and quick.
    I don't think Qingshuo will ever stop caring for Lan Ling Wang, but after experiencing Yuwen Yong's intrusion into her heart, she's not going to stop loving him either. Qingshuo's experiences with Yuwen Yong are just as real as Duanmu Lian's experiences with Yuwen Yong. When she regains her memory, it is not an on-off switch where she can just choose to be one and forget about the other. She had both memories of her life as Duanmu Lian as well and Qingshuo. She has both memories of Lan Ling Wang's devotion to Duanmu Lian as well as the hurt he had dealt to Yuan Qingshuo.

But with the ancient values regarding chastity and loyalty of a woman, Qingshuo is already officially married to Yuwen Yong and they have consummated their relationship. She will mostly likely keep acknowledging Yuwen Yong as her husband and let Gao Changgong be just that childhood friend. It is a really big deal to not marry the guy that you lose your virginity to in the old days.

I would just like to say that it is not that Qingshuo does not have feelings for Lan Ling Wang anymore, but her circumstances have changed and her way of thinking and her perception of the world has changed after meeting Yuwen Yong.

As Duanmu Lian, she still has this naivety where she think she can overcome everything with love and they can elope together and the world will sort itself out. But as Qingshuo, she sees that which ever man she chooses, it will affected not only them as individuals, but also the ongoing tension between Zhou and Qi. If she leaves with Lan Ling Wang, then Qi will lose its only great general and Zhou will overpower them (as it happened in history after Lan Ling Wang died). And if Lan Ling Wang does not leave Qi, then they cannot be together either as she is already a concubine of the Zhou Emperor and if they were found to be together, all 3 of them would be the laughing stock of the kingdoms not to mention adding tension to the already brittle relationship between Zhou and Qi.

Quote Originally Posted by Eveline Huynh View Post
    Some good actors can't save a bad drama. And I still don't understand the real meaning of the name "Lan Ling Wang Fei" lol.
    As mentioned before, it is not a person that the title is referring to but a dream or goal that the main character is motivated by. Duanmu Lian was willing to marry Yuwen Yong and became entangled into the whole mess because she want to prove that she was worthy to be "Lan Ling Wang Fei" in helping Lan Ling Wang get the throne. I think we discussed this in the earlier posts.
    Last edited by charbydis; 12-07-16 at 11:06 AM.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Watching the last few minutes of ep 41 today made me want to root for LLW and QS to be together again. They both have been through so much and now are finally reunited and through all that they still have the handkerchief. I think the two handkerchiefs are a great symbol of their love for each other before and after.

I must be extremely fickle, because after watching Lan Ling Wang and Xiao Lian/Qing Suo in the latter half of episode 41, I am ready to leap onto their ship and abandon Yuwen Yong. I think whomever Xiao Lian/Qing Suo chooses, whether it's Lan Ling Wang or Yuwen Yong, that man will be have to be magnanimous and understanding enough to accept that he will always have to share a tiny portion of his wife's heart with another man.

Yongshuo ship all the way!

I vote QS keeps both A Yong and Lan Ling 😍

Quote Originally Posted by tamitiafo View Post
    I vote QS keeps both A Yong and Lan Ling 😍
    Great suggestion, tamitiafo, but I'm not sure how Yuwen Yong and Lan Ling Wang would feel about that...

Charbydis has strayed from Gilbert!