Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Princess of LanLing King 《兰陵王妃》 - Andy Chen Yi, Zhang Hanyun, Peng Guanying

Ok, that Yuwen Yong "special epilogue" was ridiculous and false advertising! There weren't even any new scenes! It was just a mix of Yuwen Yong and Qing Suo's old scenes from the series! I don't think I have used so many exclamation points in one post! At least Lan Ling Wang's epilogue had new scenes and I was somewhat mollified, even though I was confused. I was expecting the Yuwen Yong epilogue to further elaborate on that open-ended teaser mentioned at the official ending of episode 47
    click to show/hide spoilers
    regarding the rumor that Yuwen Yong had finally found Qing Suo, left his campaign against Tujue, and followed her.
    Ok, seriously, can someone just write a proper fanfic epilogue? I am sure someone here has better imagination than the scriptwriter.

My guess is they didn't even film a "special epilogue" for Yuwen Yong but the company wanted to milk all they can from this show so they did that false advertising on purpose. Oh well...at least we got ONE extra ending. Still sad that they made YWY stand out so much in the show and then not giving him a happy ending like they did with LLW. ARRGGG!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by huaqiangu View Post
    My guess is they didn't even film a "special epilogue" for Yuwen Yong but the company wanted to milk all they can from this show so they did that false advertising on purpose. Oh well...at least we got ONE extra ending. Still sad that they made YWY stand out so much in the show and then not giving him a happy ending like they did with LLW. ARRGGG!!!!!
    I think you are right, huaqiangu. As mentioned way back in this discussion thread, the author had meant to make Lan Ling Wang the male lead, with Yuwen Yong as the supporting male lead. However, Yuwen Yong's character just somehow took over and became the more interesting character to write about. Therefore, even though the drama had a different ending compared to the novel, Yuwen Yong remained the male lead in the drama, just like in the novel. The ending at the conclusion of episode 47 was likely the true official ending. However, the scriptwriter probably predicted that Lan Ling Wang/Chen Yi would have his own horde of fans wanting blood should the drama end on episode 47. Hence, the Lan Ling Wang episode was filmed to appease Lan Ling Wang-Xiao Lian supporters.

According to someone on youtube, the director's weibo actually explained the Lan Ling Wang epilogue, probably since many people were confused. According to the director, if you go by the epilogue ending, then the entire drama was Lan Ling Wang's dream, and Xiao Lian had always been at the Valley of No Worries waiting for his safe return from war. Therefore, Xiao Lian had never fallen off the cliff, had never been coerced by Lan Ling Wang's mother to marry Yuwen Yong, had never fallen in love with and had never even met Yuwen Yong! It's a bit of a farfetched plot line, but it's a desperate attempt to tell Lan Ling Wang's fans that he still gets the girl at the end.

Personally, I prefer the ending at episode 47. Qing Suo and Yuwen Yong had the more developed romance, while Lan Ling Wang's love story with Xiao Lian had the disadvantage of mainly being just flashbacks. It was not crazy out of left field that Qing Suo chose Yuwen Yong. The episode 47 ending wrapped up everyone's storyline nicely. No one had a happy ending, but I think there would have been even more uproar from Lan Ling Wang fans if Qing Suo were to stay happily married to Yuwen Yong. It would have been nice, though, if there was actually a real Yuwen Yong epilogue for the Yuwen Yong fans, as I think his fans are no less in numbers than the Lan Ling Wang fans.

If someone here is kind and imaginative enough, could you write an epilogue for Yuwen Yong? I would love to read it!

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I think you are right, huaqiangu. As mentioned way back in this discussion thread, the author had meant to make Lan Ling Wang the male lead, with Yuwen Yong as the supporting male lead. However, Yuwen Yong's character just somehow took over and became the more interesting character to write about. Therefore, even though the drama had a different ending compared to the novel, Yuwen Yong remained the male lead in the drama, just like in the novel. The ending at the conclusion of episode 47 was likely the true official ending. However, the scriptwriter probably predicted that Lan Ling Wang/Chen Yi would have his own horde of fans wanting blood should the drama end on episode 47. Hence, the Lan Ling Wang episode was filmed to appease Lan Ling Wang-Xiao Lian supporters.

According to someone on youtube, the director's weibo actually explained the Lan Ling Wang epilogue, probably since many people were confused. According to the director, if you go by the epilogue ending, then the entire drama was Lan Ling Wang's dream, and Xiao Lian had always been at the Valley of No Worries waiting for his safe return from war. Therefore, Xiao Lian had never fallen off the cliff, had never been coerced by Lan Ling Wang's mother to marry Yuwen Yong, had never fallen in love with and had never even met Yuwen Yong! It's a bit of a farfetched plot line, but it's a desperate attempt to tell Lan Ling Wang's fans that he still gets the girl at the end.

Personally, I prefer the ending at episode 47. Qing Suo and Yuwen Yong had the more developed romance, while Lan Ling Wang's love story with Xiao Lian had the disadvantage of mainly being just flashbacks. It was not crazy out of left field that Qing Suo chose Yuwen Yong. The episode 47 ending wrapped up everyone's storyline nicely. No one had a happy ending, but I think there would have been even more uproar from Lan Ling Wang fans if Qing Suo were to stay happily married to Yuwen Yong. It would have been nice, though, if there was actually a real Yuwen Yong epilogue for the Yuwen Yong fans, as I think his fans are no less in numbers than the Lan Ling Wang fans.

If someone here is kind and imaginative enough, could you write an epilogue for Yuwen Yong? I would love to read it!
    I agree with everything you wrote in your spoiler tag.
    I"m a bit disappointed that were wasn't and epilogue for YWY, but I think the ending of episode 47 was pretty satisfying. I really enjoyed this series and hope someone would write and fan fic/epilogue too =D

I am kind of hoping charbydis will leap out and say she will write a Yuwen Yong epilogue for us... (Hint, hint, charbydis)

I am so sad there aren't any press conferences and variety shows featuring the entire cast of Lan Ling Wang Fei. However, I found this cute Zhang Han Yun interview. I can't claim to understand everything in the interview (maybe someone can do a word by word translation), but I can give a broad translation on two really funny/cute questions.

Second interview question: Da Si Kong (Yuwen Yong/Peng Guan Ying) said Little Flower (Zhang Han Yun's nickname) is the lightest actress he has ever carried. How do you feel about that comment?
    Zhang Han Yun: (sighs happily and then giggles) Thank you, Professor Peng.

Third interview question: What sort of son-in-law criteria does your mother have?
    Zhang Han Yun: My mother wants me to quickly get married and give her a grandchild, so I think her criteria is that my significant other must be a man.

Quote Originally Posted by tamitiafo View Post
    I agree with everything you wrote in your spoiler tag.
    I"m a bit disappointed that were wasn't and epilogue for YWY, but I think the ending of episode 47 was pretty satisfying. I really enjoyed this series and hope someone would write and fan fic/epilogue too =D
    To say that the entire drama was a dream according to the LLW epilogue, then I think it is just a lazy, unimaginative way to explain the story to appease fans. Oh well, I guess they only had 10 or 15 minutes of scenes to somehow figure out a way to make LLW fans happy, so that was the only way.
    This is even worse than the Dallas series in which Bobby Ewing returned from his death, which turned out to be a dream.

If I were to revise the Lan Ling Wang epilogue to make it more realistic, I would keep the part where Lan Ling Wang got revived, because I felt like that could be believable. I would also keep the part where Lan Ling Wang decided to spend the rest of his life in seclusion in the Valley of No Worries, reliving his sweet memories of his Xiao Lian, but I would certainly leave out the part where Xiao Lian had actually been waiting all this time in the Valley of No Worries for him. That part was unbelievable. We could have Huli Guang send Lan Ling Wang a message that Lan Ling Wang's mother was missing and reportedly wandering around, appearing unkempt. This would then prompt Lan Ling Wang to return to the mainland to search for his mother, and then he could reunite with Xiao Lian that way. Perhaps the epilogue could end with them staring at each other across that dramatic distance, separated by only a few feet but worlds apart after all that had happened between them. The romantic music of "Firefly" crescendos and then...the scene fades out. The viewers can then draw their own conclusions. Or better yet, a really good writer can merge the Lan Ling Wang and Yuwen Yong epilogues.

I give this drama a quick try again since it's subbed to 13, I guessed everything else after that, and I skipped lots of boring parts especially when QS went to find LLW, or whenever she is away from YWY, she is so dull without YWY. I wonder if it was ever a possibility that LLW was supposed to be the main actor but then the actor for YWY is way way too hot or something so they changed the script, I agree that in whatever case this drama does not match its title well.
    Also agree YWY ending is too sad for him. I probably have a different taste here since I actually don't care if LLW is the abandoned one, maybe because I don't understand many things that happened.
    Does he ever try to go look for Xiao Lian's dead body when she fell under that cliff? Or was it like, oh-oh she fell in there and died so that's the end of her? He saw somebody that looks exactly like his old girlfriend, does he just assume she must be dead for sure... and have no suspicion at all especially when that new girl also has memory loss?

Wow, QS looks so much better in modern hair in that video. Now I pretty much dislike the styler with a bit passion. I can't imagine anyone (even the prettiest actresses I like) looking good in those neat hair split tied in the back. Despite the crazily plain styling, QS still look decent, meaning I think she must actually be very pretty to pass with that hairstyle, would have been even better for sure if she was styled better. The queen one was too old looking. And the messy hair tie in white clothes as xiao lian looks as if she just got out of bed in ancient pajamas.
    I want her to do another drama with YWY again and get styled prettier, those two do look great together.

This series finished airing many days ago, and the much awaited epilogue for the Yong Suo couple ended up not having a single new scene as fans had hoped for. Anyway, I heard this song (from "General and I") and found that the lyrics match the love story of Yong Suo very well, so I decided to make one more MV. I hope you're not bored of another MV, but this is probably the last one from this sequence since I've run out of scenes to use with all the MVS that I created for this series.
    https://vimeo.com/197718236

Verdiani: I have been thinking very similar thoughts! The scriptwriters didn't give Lan Ling Wang much intelligence in the drama. Other than being a legend on the battlefield, he didn't seem to be able to think outside the box. He saw a mutilated corpse wearing Xiao Lian's clothes and holding Xiao Lian's necklace, so naturally he assumed it was her. Sure, that was a reasonable assumption. But then a woman with amnesia showed up looking exactly like Xiao Lian and seemed to want to stick to him like glue, even though she supposedly had never met him before. He was briefly suspicious that she might be Xiao Lian, but then didn't seem to inquire much into this. He had many subordinates at his disposal, so why didn't he have a few of his men investigate the mystery behind the amnesiac Yuen Qing Suo? He also seemed rash and liked to jump to conclusions without solid proof during the incident when Qing Suo was framed by his mother. In a way, his own rashness and stupidity pushed Qing Suo/Xiao Lian into Yuwen Yong's arms. If he had investigated more into Yuen Qing Suo's background, if he had examined the evidence more before jumping to conclusions, he would still have his Xiao Lian's heart.

Regarding costumes and hairstyles, I think Yuwen Yong had the best costumes and hair in the drama. Other than the few costumes with the weird high collar, most of his costumes nicely emphasized his height and regal status as a high ranking minister/fourth prince and later Emperor. Lan Ling Wang had nice outfits, too, though when compared to Yuwen Yong, he had less variety. Also, because Yuwen Yong's height was so impressive, other noticeably shorter men, like Lan Ling Wang, didn't appear as lofty and princely in their long robes. In addition, the actor playing Huli Guang was quite tall and handsome. He had less outfits, of course, since he wasn't one of the male leads, but he looked great in battle gear. All the men had handsome, traditional male hairstyles, with the exception of the occasional long flowing locks, which just made them look unkempt and sissy, in my opinion. Thank goodness their hair was mostly neatly tied up during the drama.

The women had passable costumes. They weren't extremely beautiful outfits, but they weren't horrible, either. The most notable female outfit worth mentioning was Qing Suo's peacock costume. She was both stunning and seductive in that gown (I wonder if Zhang Han Yun has a dance background, since she seems to move with elegance and ease during her many dance scenes in the drama. I have seen some actresses "dance" in dramas and look absolutely stiff, awkward, and horrible.) The second notable female costume was the one Qing Suo wore during her dance when she tried to assassinate Yuwen Hu. Otherwise, her other costumes were only passable. I didn't like her few weird high collar costumes.

Qing Suo's hairstyle reminded me of a schoolmarm with the center split and tied back style. Like Verdiani had mentioned, her hairstyle as Xiao Lian was messy and made her appear like she didn't own a comb. The worse hairstyle, however, had to go to Yan Wan with the awful swinging hair partitions (or whatever they are called) in the front.

I do hope Peng Guan Ying and Zhang Han Yun costar together as a couple in another ancient drama. They have amazing chemistry together and just look so cute as lovebirds.

One thing I found very disappointing with this drama was the fight choreography. The war scenes were grand and epic, but the one-on-one combat sequences were not up to par with older dramas. The actors were just swinging their weapons haphazardly at each other rather than striking and attacking with well planned out sequences. I am used to seeing more superior action in some of the older TVB martial arts dramas.

hkstars: Yay! You made another MV! I love this latest MV you have made. The slow ballad is beautifully poignant, and the scenes you have chosen match the lyrics perfectly. Could you make a MV featuring the battle scenes? All of your wonderful MVs so far have been romantic ones featuring the 3 leads. I have downloaded all of your MVs so that I could watch them over and over again, even when I am not online.

Glad you agree and explained what happened Melanie. I just wish the drama has something else better besides YYW and QS together bc I literally skipped over almost everything else besides them, the jianghu (am I correct?) people look the most ridiculous when they could have been more interesting people. They kind of look like...some monsters?

Yes, YYW is styled very good. I like his height and how he's a bit wide and not thin (not referring to fat, don't know how to explain but he has the huge aura), so it just makes him very manly hot and outstanding from most people. I like it best with those long beautiful hair in front of him, it is very very breathtaking every time he's in that! I usually have to get use to men in ancient hair, but YYW just clicked immediately in everything.

I also wish they lower the LLW eye shadow a bit more.

And yes! The dances! They are good and quite passable as traditional, I don't like seeing some weird and modern random moves unless it's comedic, so QS did very well on that.

Verdiani: The jianghu people? You mean the 4 protectors of the underground palace where the Qing Luan Mirror was hidden? Out of the four, Green Dragon protector, Xiang Wu Chen, and the lady with the qin had bad hairstyles.

I am not sure how the historical Yuwen Yong was like, but Peng Guan Ying, in his long robes and with his chiseled features and impressive height, made the Yuwen Yong in the drama appear very masculine. His makeup was also not too overboard. I was, however, disappointed with how little fight scenes with hand-to-hand combat Yuwen Yong had in the series. And the few fight scenes he did have were poorly choreographed so that he appeared like he had inadequate skills.

Poor Chen Yi, on the other hand, looked more impressive in the majority of his fight scenes, but had too much makeup and guyliner. Perhaps the make up artist was trying to emphasize that Lan Ling Wang was a pretty boy. I believe the historical Lan Ling Wang was one of the four most handsome men in Chinese history. I kind of felt sorry for Chen Yi, because his makeup just made him look too effeminate. Have you seen him without the girly makeup? He's actually very handsome. Check out the video of Chen Yi attending the 51st Golden Bell Awards. He's the guy accompanying the actress wearing the grey colored dress.

I am glad the drama made Qing Suo decisive about which man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. However, if the scriptwriters had made her wish-washy and unable to make up her mind, I don't think I could blame her. I think if I were Qing Suo, I would have a very difficult time choosing between these two very hot and powerful men (Lan Ling Wang minus the bad makeup and Yuwen Yong).

For Qing Suo's dances in the drama, I just wished she had more feminine, flowing costumes with long sleeves when she danced. Other than the peacock costume, the other outfits she wore weren't especially suited for dancing, especially the yellow outfit she wore when dancing while Yuwen Yong played the qin and the light pink outfit with outer jacket she wore while Yuwen Yong sat sulkily with his dancer lady companion and made Qing Suo dance for him.

Does anyone know why Peng Guan Ying fans refer to him as Peng 2nd Brother? Anything special with that name? I know that his fans also refer to him as Pu Gong Ying (dandelion); is it because it rhymes with his name?

hey everyone,

just got back from holidays and I cant seem to find the YWY special episode...does anyone have the link or is it a waste of time to hunt it down?

Quote Originally Posted by yannlc View Post
    hey everyone,

just got back from holidays and I cant seem to find the YWY special episode...does anyone have the link or is it a waste of time to hunt it down?
    I don't know if you found it yet, but here's a link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1-j2lkgjfo

The epilogue is just a compilation of all old scenes from previous episodes. I'd like to hear your thoughts on the ending of this series.

Now that this series is over for better or worst, what is everyone following now?

Quote Originally Posted by stylchick View Post
    Now that this series is over for better or worst, what is everyone following now?
    i highly recommend General and I especially if you like YWY...Chu Bei Jie is another 霸道 male character who is only interested in having one love for this lifetime...and that vow was made when he was a kid! General and I is definitely much better than Lan ling Wang Fei in terms of fighting scenes, 'plotting', 'military strategies' and KISS SCENES !!! oh and there's ELEVEN episodes per week!

Quote Originally Posted by hkstars View Post
    I don't know if you found it yet, but here's a link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1-j2lkgjfo

The epilogue is just a compilation of all old scenes from previous episodes. I'd like to hear your thoughts on the ending of this series.
    thank you hkstars...will check out the link and definitely get back to you on my thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by hkstars View Post
    My thoughts on

YWY epilogue
    It really is a compilation of past scenes of Yong-shuo. Unbelievable...I wouldnt call it an epilogue cos there's nothing new. But am wondering if it's all the 'cut' scenes that the TV viewers didn't get to see as I recalled Charybis mentioning that the TV version edited a lot of YWY's scenes.

LLW epilogue
    apparently the TV version marketed this as the last episode.

I can accept the part where LLW's death was fake...lots of Chinese drama has this.

However I cannot accept the fact that for 47 episodes we are told that Luo Yun is madly in love with YYW & even willing to kill and die for LLW & Hulu Gang keeps pushing her & LLW together & yet in this epilogue we have Hulu Gang cuddling Luo Yun & Luo Yun snuggling 'lovingly' into his embrace! That's a really fast turn around with no explanation which I cannot accept. It doesn't make sense.

As to that part which I asked about previously where LLW says "我明白了。你就是你,她就是她。" ie. "I understand. You are you, she is her. "

I think he roams the areas where they used to play & he reminiscences about their past together...& I would like to think that that scene is LLW telling us viewers that through reminiscing the past, he finally figures out or accepts that Yuan Qing Shuo is not Duan Mu Ling, his Xiao Ling. Through her interactions with situations at YWY's side, Xiao Ling has changed & become YWY's Yuan Qing Shuo. This is also mention in the previous scenes by Hulu Gang (where he tells LLW Xiao Ling is no longer Xiao Ling but YQS) & iirc Luo Yun did say that she is no longer the Xiao Ling that he remembers. Their characters have changed so much that they have become 2 different persons.
    That is why LLW said you are you, she is she.

That scene i think is also LLW trying to communicate that the person he truly loves is the bubbly, innocent, care free & naive Xiao Ling whose whole world revolves around LLW and not the intelligent strategist self-sacrificing Yuan Qing Shuo who thinks of others and doesn't place love first that YWY appreciates...

As for Episode 47 ending

I guess Qing Shuo felt guilty in a sense cos if she hadnt told LLW in anger iirc that she was only interested in a man who could rule the world, LLW wouldn't have revolted & had to die. Thus she felt responsible for his death & couldn't enjoy a good life with YWY and hence we have the closing where she searches for LLW's mother & looks after her as repentance.

The voice over seems to indicate that YWY chance upon QS while on route to 1 of his campaigns & decided to fake his death & spend the rest of his life with her.

While it doesn't seem like his character would do that...

Viewers have seen previously that YWY has faked his illness (several times), even going so far as to arrange for an impersonator just so he could go look for QS, so it makes sense that he could fake his death, especially if it's involving QS. YWY has also said several times that he would like to leave all the palace intrigues & spent his life as QS's husband, in a regular husband / wife relationship. So this voice over ending seems believable to me.

Overall thoughts

For a ancient drama involving LLW who is renowned for his fight scenes, there's really not much fighting scenes. Those that were available were poorly executed especially if you compare the fight & war scenes to General and I.

As for the dance scenes that QS performed, she's a singer so I expected that she would be able to dance well. Perhaps cos most dance moves are repeated (& I don't mean just in this drama, QS dance scenes look similar to other ancient period drama dance scenes), I didn't feel affected by it except for that dance scene where YWY played the gu zhen.

I really wish Chinese dramas would incorporate more instrumental tracks into the shows & release OST! This show had 2 very lovely soundtracks that match the show well. Pity there were no instrumental versions.

I think Charybis mentioned previously that YWY's palace seemed plain for a Prince & after watching General and I, I agree that there's no grandeur in the sets.

Attire: I think they could have done better. Despite the matching his & her clothing, the ladies hairstyles could be better.

Peng Guan Ying, Zhang Han Yu & Andy seem to fit/ play their roles quite well. The only problem would be how their characters are written. It seem that YWY & DML/ QS had growth in their characters, only LLW stayed the same. But I guess even in life there exists people like that.

Overall I enjoyed this show no doubt because of the discussions with everyone here on this thread.

I hope to see you guys on the General & I thread! There's more kissing in the show! I promised!

Oh! The community on this thread for Princess of Lanling King is thriving. I've been looking around for a forum for some discussion. Visited Soompi but it was very deadly quite. I will copy and paste what I had posted on Soompi on here.

I really loved Lan Ling Wang starring Ariel Lin and so thought I'd check out this drama. I only managed a few episodes and found it quite boring. All the casts are new to me. I've never seen them on my screen before. Yes, the actor who plays Gao Chang Gong is indeed very beautiful. A very very pretty guy. But his acting is awful. It's very lacklustre. His facial expressions are very stiff. I wanted to drop the drama. The only thing that was entertaining for me was the bickering and interactions of Qing Suo and Yuwen Yong. I decided to fast forward and only watch the scenes of QS and YY. And OH MY, I am SO GLAD I did. I LOVE these two together so much. Screw the storyline and everyone else. I just wanna watch these two bicker and fight, make up and care for each other. I had found Qing Suo very annoying at the start. She was too stupid and lacked common sense but I'm glad she's smarter now and thinking logically. Well, most of the time. She's still blind to YY's love for her.

The best thing about this drama is Yuwen Yong. It's made me a fan of the actor. He's got the best facial expressions and you can see the love for Qing Suo in his eyes. The way he gazes at her. LOVE. Not only that, but Yuwen Yong is DAMN FINE! He looks HOT! Yes, Gao Chang Gong is pretty but he's the pretty boy type, whereas Yuwen Yong is handsomely HOT! Manly HOT. He looks so good in his ancient hairstyle whether he leaves it all down framing his face, half tied up or all tied up in a top knot. I love Yuwen Yong's height aswell. He looks so manly and protective when standing next to Qing Suo who is this tiny little thing.

Anyways, I feel like I'm not missing out on much when I fast forward to YY & QS's scenes. I know the main story from Lan Ling Wang and I'm only interested in these two. The rest bore me. Even Chang Gong. I watched his scenes with Qing Suo and it was only meh. He is definitely looking at her like he is looking at his dead sweetheart even though Qing Suo is the very same girl. I've gone way past the subbed episodes and watching the raws now. I understand some Chinese so I get the gist of what is said and what is going on. I'm around Episode 34/35 and finally my ship is sailing. Sort of. Still waiting for Qing Suo to come around but at least she's opening up to Yuwen Yong and have cut ties with Chang Gong. The interesting thing is she's starting to remember her past and it'll put her in a dilemma if she falls for Yuwen Yong but remembers her past love, Chang Gong. It'll be interesting to see how this drama ends. I wouldn't mind if they put a twist to it. Yuwen Yong has so much screen time that he really does seem like the male lead. Even his name is above Andy in dramawiki. I'd love for him to end up with Qing Suo. But from what happened in Lan Ling Wang, she'll most likely die, sacrificing herself for him. It would be extremely stupid of her to go back to Chang Gong even if she remembers her past. Episode 33 said it all.

When Qing Suo fell down the cliff, Yuwen Yong didn't hesitate to dive after her. It was interesting how that moment caused her to remember the moment she fell down the cliff (in the past) from being shot with an arrow and you see Chang Gong screaming for her at the edge of the cliff. The contrast was interesting. They both love her. While one watched her fall off the cliff, the other one dived after her. Comon, who deserves to have a happy ending in this drama? YUWEN YONG!

I've seen c-dramas before where they did a spinoff and there was a twist to the storyline. Say Bu Bu Jing Xin for example. I didn't finish it, but in that drama, the heroine falls for 8th prince first and then 3rd prince later. 3rd prince is her one true love. In Gong (The Locked Jade Heart), it had the same storyline but opposite love interest. The heroine liked the 3rd prince first but then falls for 8th prince later and they are the OTP. I found it was interesting. It was like giving the "second lead" a happy ending in a different drama.

I hope it's the same for Princess of Lanling King. In Lan Ling Wang, the heroine's true love was Gao Chang Gong, and Yuwen Yong was "second male lead". I hope that in this drama, the heroine's true love is Yuwen Yong instead. Fingers crossed!

But having a quick glance of the comments of the most recent page (just quickly so not to spoil myself) it seems my ship will sink in the end. I'm so sad already. *cries*

I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread. I will backtrack and read up summaries of each episode. Don't think I can bring myself to watch them all.

Glad you find YWY so hot like I do. I even love him in those hats too, still very hot in them. I bet even he get bangs will be fine as well. I just hope so much he will get good roles like this again, with better storyline. He got that heroic look.