Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Princess of LanLing King 《兰陵王妃》 - Andy Chen Yi, Zhang Hanyun, Peng Guanying

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Huggies!

Scene 2: Yuwen Yong, Yuan Qing Suo
    YWY: Remember that you once belonged to me. If Gao Changong dares to treat you badly, you must tell me. Whatever happens, I will take you back. (YQS nods)(YWY laughs) But you would probably not want me to take you back as my second wife.
    YQS: Yuwen Yong, I ... I don't detest you and don't deliberately set out to go against you. I know deep in my heart that you are good to me. And I also ...
    YWY: Enough. Save your nice words for him. Go quickly. (turns to leave)
    YQS: Yuwen Yong! (dismounts from horse and runds to hug him, nearly whacking him in the throat with her hat. YWY hugs her back.
    When I saw YQS hugging YWY, I was thinking that her hat was blocking the view/the hug. Therefore, I can't help but laugh at your comment about her hat whacking him in the throat... that is a very exact description.

Does anyone want to do a summary of each episode for non-Chinese speakers?

Found some BTS clips on youtube.

Looks like Qing Suo trying to save Lan Ling Wang from execution after being captured by Zhou (probably after getting stabbed to save her as seen in the trailers).

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Bubbly Andy and Kristy being cute again! Talking about how he slashed her accidentally while filming.

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Poor Kristy walking in the fake rain. Heard it was late OCtober when they filmed. Poor girl, must have been cold.

Cyril Connolly

Peng Guan Ying and Kristy doing the wedding scene in their own voices.

Cyril Connolly

Let's look at some old news! The scene they are filming is when the four break into Emperor Qin Shi Huang's underground tomb which happens near the latter half of the story.

Basically Kristy being asked if she minds being compared to Ariel Lin in a similar role in which she responds "Lan Ling Wang" and "Lan Ling Wang Fei" are two different stories. Andy says he will show a different side of Lan Ling Wang. Then both Kristy and Andy tease Peng Guan Ying about his height, Kristy saying that she needs to step on blocks in scenes with him or she won't be tall enough to be in the frame. Andy just says everyone guy hates being in the same frame as him.

Cyril Connolly

Found this on from Thirteen Chan's Wiebo
    - Basically details the missing scene in Ep 14.

@编剧张十三 :宇文邕扑上前去:清锁,清锁!
    元清锁连声咳嗽,一把推开宇文邕,声音倔强而悲凉,一字一顿:你没必要救我,我的命是我自己的,它不属于任 何人!
    元清锁挣扎起身:既然你这么讨厌我,这么不相信我,为什么还要把我留在身边?宇文邕,真正让人看不透的人, 是你啊……
    宇文邕也直起身形,神情复杂的望着元清锁,没有说话。
    元清锁:我知道你讨厌被人威胁——可惜,我也一样。
    元清锁转身欲走,一抬头,却怔在当地——颜婉在宫人的带领下走了过来。
    颜婉(O.S.):她衣服湿了,正好可以趁她换衣服的时候看她的肩头!
    颜婉笑:妹妹这是玩儿的哪出?看你像个落汤鸡一样——走,姐姐陪你去换衣服……
    宇文邕迅速脱下外衣披在了元清锁的身上。
    宇文邕:我在教清锁游水……清锁,今天游累了,歇息一下,咱们改天再学。
    元清锁想动,宇文邕却已悄悄握住元清锁的手阻止。
    宫人:大司空,颜姑娘是奉无尘法师之命来给皇上送药调养身体的,皇上有旨,宣大司空与夫人随行 。
    宇文邕:遵旨。婉儿,请……我陪清锁换了衣服便来。
    颜婉颇有深意的看了一眼元清锁:大司空请。
    宇文邕抱起元清锁大步走去。
    颜婉暗自咬牙。
    Basically the scene catches onto the scene where Yuan Qingsuo jumped into the cold waters and Yuwen Yong dived in after her. In the version we watched, the scene is cut abruptly short after Qingsuo tells Yuwen Yong not keep her by his side if he doesn't trust her.

YQS: I know you dislike being threatened, but so do I. (YQS turned to leave and bumped into Yan Wan and some other people.)
    YW: (thinks secretly) Her clothes are wet! Maybe I can take a peek at her shoulder whilst she is changing. (out aloud) Sister, what are you playing at in getting yourself all wet? Let me take you to change your clothes. (Yuwen Yong quickly takes off his other garment and drapes it over Qingsuo.)
    YWY: I am actually teaching Qingsuo how to swim. Qingsuo, you must be tired from the swimming today, let us continue the lesson another day. (Qing Suo wanted to move but Yuwen Yong had discretely gripped her hand tight to stop her. )
    Eunuch: Da Sikong, Miss Yan is on orders from Master Wuchen to deliver meds to regulate the Emperor's health. The Emperor has asked for both Da Sikong and the Lady to attend.
    YWY: As his majesty wishes. Wan Er, please ... let me go with Qingsuo to get a change of clothes and then we will join you.
    YW: (cast a profound look at Qingsuo) You first, Da Sikong. (secretly clenched her teeth as Yuwen Yong picked up Yuan Qingsuo and left in big strides.)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/a334afafgw1f8xywzfr3jj24c02tgb2h.jpg')
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by charbydis; 10-25-16 at 08:40 AM.
    Cyril Connolly

Found this on from Thirteen Chan's Wiebo
    - Basically details the missing scene in Ep 14.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/a334afafgw1f8xywzfr3jj24c02tgb2h.jpg')
    Do you know what they are saying in the quote? (Apologies for asking this constantly since I don't understand Chinese)

Thank you for posting these wonderful behind the scenes. It's obvious Kristy Zhang is on a block in scenes because of the various frames where her head is below his shoulder and then she's above his shoulder. Poor guy. LOL at her platform shoes! It's at least 2 inches. I noticed this in some of the scenes where her shoes show up. I think that make her around 5'5 with Peng GY at 6'2. Such a cute height difference.

So far, the story is different enough that I think it stands on its own. I liked LLW with Ariel Ling but the costuming and everything about that series is kinda of ugly. Good thing that they had a genetically bless and talented cast to make that work.

The story for Lan Ling Wang Fei so far has been interesting. The cast is doing a good job acting wise since they are relatively young and unknown. No one stands out like a sore thumb. It's not a masterpiece but it is entertaining/ addicting enough to spazz about it. I would say so far it's been much better than 75% of the Chinese drama I've seen come out recently. The last time I was interested in historical Chinese drama (excl. Nirvana in Fire) would be Sound of the Dessert with Eddie Peng. I loved that story.

Do you know what the reception for this series have been in China? It doesn't seem to be that popular with the international crowd. None of the usual websites are talking about it.

Do you have the one with Yuwen Yong's bedroom eyes?
    Did you mean these?

click to show/hide spoilers

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/orj360/64cc7339gw1f8z1auvo4pg20ao0601l0.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/orj360/64cc7339gw1f8z1awvi7fg20ao060hdt.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/orj360/64cc7339gw1f8z1awvi7fg20ao060hdt.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/orj360/64cc7339gw1f8z1b2vho1g20ao060b2a.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/orj360/64cc7339gw1f8z1b5tnycg20ao060hdu.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/orj360/64cc7339gw1f8z1bdqagng20ao060hdy.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/orj360/64cc7339gw1f8z1bfxirng20ao060hdt.gif')

Hopefully the links work. Tried posting these 3 times but it wouldnt load.

ETA: Are the gifs working?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by yannlc; 10-24-16 at 10:54 PM.

This is my favorite clip from the last few episodes. Love how he punked her. Poor girl.

Oh wow! Youtube channels are being closed down.

Oh wow! Youtube channels are being closed down.
    what? noooo ....i need my daily fix of my 大司空!!!

btw, can anybody explain what does 大司空 mean? i google translate it and google translated it as BIG SAGONG!!

charbydis --> please clear your pm box...cant message you.

Check out the unedited dialogue:

YQS: If anything bad were to befallen General Wu (Peter Ho), then could such a virtuous woman as Lady Lan Ping live without him. Why don't we include our own lives into the bet, to live together or die together with our husbands, what do you think?

Seems that instead of just gambling with cities int he game of dominoes, Yuwen Yong, General Wu and General Hulie were also gambling with their lives. Not sure why they changed the dialogue in the final cut because I like how Qing Suo is willing to put her own life on the line and risk dying with Yuwen Yong to call his bluff.
    IIRC in the internet novel,

they werent just gambling with cities...they up the stakes with chopped arms followed by each other's lives and beloved concubines' lives too...

in the book, that scene was very intense and it actually showed how willing Yuwen Yong was ready to let QS gamble with his life and how willing she was to gamble her life too in helping him call them bluff in the game. in contrast general wu's beloved concubine was not willing to let him risk her head and kept whispering and pulling at him to change his mind...

dont know why they cut that scene so much...it didnt look that intense at all

Quote Originally Posted by yannlc View Post
    what? noooo ....i need my daily fix of my 大司空!!!
    Let's see what happens tonight.

btw, can anybody explain what does 大司空 mean? i google translate it and google translated it as BIG SAGONG!!
    What is a Sagong?

Da Sikong is a ministerial position in the Zhou kingdom who deals with civil matters. Probably equal to a minister of public works or transport or infrastructure, la dee da. There are also other positions like Da Situ, or Da Sima which deal with defence, judiciary system and finance etc.. Da Zhong Zai is equivalent to the role of a vice-Prime Minister nowadays and governs the Sikongs, Simas, and Situs. On top of Da Zhong Zai, there should be a Cheng Xiang who is like a Prime Minister, but I think Yuwen Hu abolished that role to make himself most important.

charbydis --> please clear your pm box...cant message you.
    Hehe! Blame stylchick! I have cleared some of my inbox.
    Cyril Connolly

IIRC in the internet novel,

they werent just gambling with cities...they up the stakes with chopped arms followed by each other's lives and beloved concubines' lives too...

in the book, that scene was very intense and it actually showed how willing Yuwen Yong was ready to let QS gamble with his life and how willing she was to gamble her life too in helping him call them bluff in the game. in contrast general wu's beloved concubine was not willing to let him risk her head and kept whispering and pulling at him to change his mind...

dont know why they cut that scene so much...it didnt look that intense at all
    Probably SARFT acting out again. I think they have a problem with people sacrificing themselves. They changed the whole ending for the "Shi San Yue" arc in "Hua Xu Yin" which messed up the story so badly. Luckily the production company Ciwen released the cut scenes separately online.
    Cyril Connolly

Andy Chen's weibo (8hrs ago)
    自从#兰陵王妃# 播出以来⋯ 每天“邕锁恋”和“恭锁恋”的的支持者们⋯吵个不停⋯ 但本王心中最大的疑问是⋯ 为什么独漏了 #邕兰恋#呢?
    在此慵懒夫妇正式宣布⋯# 一起睡#

今天晚上八點請繼續收看@芒果TV
    @兰陵王妃电视剧
    @彭冠英
    @张含韵

[Pic included under spoiler tag]
    Translation:
    Every since 兰陵王妃 is broadcast, the fans who ship yong-shuo and gong-shuo have been bickering non stop everyday...but my question is...why has this pairing yong-lan 邕兰 (ie Yuwen Yong & Lan Lin wang) been missing ?

慵懒 (also read as yong-lan) lazy couple hereby announces "let's sleep together"

Please continue watching at 8pm tonight

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/orj360/69266546gw1f94di4i53fj20sa0ku44j.jpg ')

Andy Chen's weibo (8hrs ago)

Translation:
    Every since 兰陵王妃 is broadcast, the fans who ship yong-shuo and gong-shuo have been bickering non stop everyday...but my question is...why has this pairing yong-lan 邕兰 (ie Yuwen Yong & Lan Lin wang) been missing ?

慵懒 (also read as yong-lan) lazy couple hereby announces "let's sleep together"

Please continue watching at 8pm tonight

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/orj360/69266546gw1f94di4i53fj20sa0ku44j.jpg ')
    The funny thing is that Andy has used the poster of "the King and the Clown" which is a famous homosexual/bisexual movie regarding one of ancient Joseon's worst king, King Yeonsan. Lee Joon-gi was in it. The chinese translation is "The King's man", referring to Yuwen Yong as the King's man, the king being Prince of Lanling. Very cheeky Andy!
    Cyril Connolly

Watching ep 17. Yuwen Yong is a generous man. And nice to know that at least Yuwen Yong and Qingsuo have a lot of trust in the foundation of their relationship if not love. Not sure what to think about Lan Ling Wang at this stage. He doesn't seem to have a plan B and just does what he wants to. No wonder his mum is so worried about him.
    Cyril Connolly

Yuwen Yong has the best lines in the novel & Peng Guan Yin says one of several of my favourite lines in EP 17. Unfortunately my darn WiFi decide to act up...so Yuwen Yong is sputtering away...how unromantic...😢

Sighhh...this darn post might not even load!