Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Princess of LanLing King 《兰陵王妃》 - Andy Chen Yi, Zhang Hanyun, Peng Guanying

Quote Originally Posted by hkstars View Post
    Yes, they're up already, just search on Youtube. I don't see YWY or LLW anywhere in sight in episode 20.
    Looks like the next arc will be about the guardians.

Ep 19 Previews

Ep 20 Preview

Episode 21 trailer

Yes, I totally agree; it sounded much more dramatic and romantic, but my translation just seems so bland. Oh, I think I can guess what other scenes you're waiting for. One of them will be the scene after they fall off the cliff. The other scene is when they meet in the palace, and he was trying to hand her the leather/cloth piece. I'm anxiously waiting for those scenes, but it'll be much later; hopefully, the series will follow those scenes closely.
    it took me awhile to figure out where your 'leather/cloth piece' appeared...if its that scene and if i remembered correctly...there were no lines but ACTION ONLY!!!! The drama had better give me some action and none of the candles going out crap Hmmm...or were you talking about the lines after the action? Oh yah...liked those too...

There's actually another 2 other scenes that I really really liked...but like you said...its going to take a long time for us to see those...

Quote Originally Posted by yannlc View Post
    it took me awhile to figure out where your 'leather/cloth piece' appeared...if its that scene and if i remembered correctly...there were no lines but ACTION ONLY!!!! The drama had better give me some action and none of the candles going out crap Hmmm...or were you talking about the lines after the action? Oh yah...liked those too...

There's actually another 2 other scenes that I really really liked...but like you said...its going to take a long time for us to see those...
    @yannlc Can you spoil for me and tell me what scenes you and HKstars are referring to?

Ep 22 preview

Xiang Wuchen needs to man up! Feel bad for Tao Hua. She is just a tool used by
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Lan Ling Wang's mum
    to get what she wants. The three guardians need massive group therapy. Zhuge Wuxue is the only normal one here.

I actually think Yan Wan's intelligence has gone downhill in the last few eps, or it could be that Qingsuo is getting smarter and being able to pick out her weak points.

From the trailers, I feel that Lan Ling Wang is leading Qingsuo on by giving her hope, yet not being able to work out his feelings or deal with his betrothal to Luoyun. It could be his guilt that he actually is attracted to Qingsuo and he feels bad for betraying Xiaolian and thus he is pushing her away.

Regarding Luoyun, I am still not hating her yet. I am just wondering whether the scriptwriters are making her character more sympathetic by
    allowing her to being hypnotised by Miao Wuyin. Was her final act of stabbing Qingsuo fatally out of her own jealousy, or due to the controls of Miao Wuyin?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I was referring to the 'action', but I also like the dialog that follows after that. You want to give hints on the other 2 scenes?

Quote Originally Posted by stylchick View Post
    @yannlc Can you spoil for me and tell me what scenes you and HKstars are referring to?
    Sorry, but I'm keeping mum about those scenes, but I know I was happy for YWY... if the series follows the book on those scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Xiang Wuchen needs to man up! Feel bad for Tao Hua. She is just a tool used by
    Lan Ling Wang's mum
    to get what she wants. The three guardians need massive group therapy. Zhuge Wuxue is the only normal one here.

I actually think Yan Wan's intelligence has gone downhill in the last few eps, or it could be that Qingsuo is getting smarter and being able to pick out her weak points.

From the trailers, I feel that Lan Ling Wang is leading Qingsuo on by giving her hope, yet not being able to work out his feelings or deal with his betrothal to Luoyun. It could be his guilt that he actually is attracted to Qingsuo and he feels bad for betraying Xiaolian and thus he is pushing her away.

Regarding Luoyun, I am still not hating her yet. I am just wondering whether the scriptwriters are making her character more sympathetic by
    allowing her to being hypnotised by Miao Wuyin. Was her final act of stabbing Qingsuo fatally out of her own jealousy, or due to the controls of Miao Wuyin?
    From the series, I think any of LY's bad actions occur while she's being under control.

Quote Originally Posted by stylchick View Post
    sure since you asked.

spoilers in reference to that particular scene

under 18 version
    Bed scene

adult version
    Bed scene. Insert [whatever you fancy in that kind of situation]

Seriously...
    Aside from the fact that QS remarked that YWY seemed to lose control and ermm...a sentence on clothing ties being loosen, there was nothing but Chinese idioms (4 to be exact) and 1 more sentence of poetic description.

Sorry to get your hopes up high...I didnt realise that I became so excited over words...either that I have a very active imagination...

the other scene can be found if you watch carefully on the trailers...the cliff scene. again its the words that YWY says which I get all excited over sorry for being such a

Default Gong-shuo vs Yong-shuo discussed together with OST

螢火 Firefly

This song is very, very sad.

Loosely translated:
    A shooting star falling in the night
    in a blink of an eye it becomes the furthest firefly
    A fatal love
    (which) passes with a laugh
    Who will remember the promises
    Hatred /regrets is used to relieve love's thirst

Let a whole sky of fireflies turn into smoke and fire
    even if the remaining light weakens
    let's let our previous incarnations
    forged another ending.

Thoughts:
    So we start out with a shooting star which sometimes denotes death in drama stories.
    This star becomes a firefly. In most dramas, a firefly represents passionate love which doesnt last...
    Then there's that '愛到飛蛾撲火' which means a destructive kind of love and even this kind of love is laughed off.
    There's broken promises, hatred or if you like regrets being used to relieve the lack of love

The chorus bit takes the cake...
    the fireflies have become smoke and fire and with the remaining weak light to allow
    the previous incarnations ('就讓前世的你我') to create another ending.

When I read '前世的你我' that's taking about previous incarnations and I was so shocked! I mean it does not talk about the next life! Usually when lovers are about to die etc they always pledge that in the next life they will meet again etc here there's nothing about the next life, only about the past.

So if we equate the song 螢火 to LLW and QS's love because of the early episodes showing LLW and QS having their romance amidst the fireflies it can only mean that the love between LLW and QS is doomed.

So if the fireflies crash and burn, we turn to 彼岸.

彼岸 - The Other Side

彼岸 is translated as 'the other side' which means YWY!!!!!

In Buddhism it is also known as Pāramitā. The pāramitās refer to the perfection or culmination of certain virtues. In Buddhism, these virtues are cultivated as a way of purification, purifying karma and helping the aspirant to live an unobstructed life. → translated into my layman terms...ie one's gain enlightenment and found nirvana alternatively entered Paradise

Sounds really, really good right? However, like Chardbyis mentioned, there's a reference to the 彼岸花 (Spider Lily). As I was curious about what Charbyis said, I googled. See here (in chinese) for the legend.

Interestingly, it's also mentioned in Buddhism!

“彼岸花,开一千年,落一千年,花叶永不相见。情不为因果,缘注定生死。”

Translated:
    “Spider lilies, bloom a thousand years, wilt a thousand years, flowers and leaves will never meet.
    Feelings are not because of cause and effect, fate determines life or death.”

And that's the abbreviated edition...if anyone wants the long story, let me know. Btw, that sentence in bold is also used in some of the trailers.

Are you guys depressed yet? I am...I dont even have the energy to translate the song

Thoughts:

if you take the title 彼岸 at face value, QS has gone over to YWY's side and reached Nirvana (that blissful state of being)... unfortunately, there's that darn flower. Which can only mean that they can never be together!!

And there's another symbolism which isnt favourable...

That darn handkerchief of QS!

If you looked at an earlier scene, she sewed 2 handkerchiefs...1 with the firefly and flower and another with branches and leaves. SO YWY now has that darn firefly and flower handkerchief...so it means his love is short lived and never meant to be together?? No!!!!!!!!!!

What about if you read it as YWY's handkerchief has the flower bud but the other handkerchief I am assuming its with LLW has the leaves and branches...separately doesn't it mean that the flowers and leaves never meet just like in the 彼岸花?

However on a happy note ...spoiler ...do not read if you want to be kept in suspense...
    on the weibo discussion, I noticed some posting that Zhang Hanyu was interviewed on a variety show and she said

"QS never became 王妃 she picked YWY!!!!!!!!!!"

however, i tried searching for variety programs on the cast or this show and nada...cant find anything which i find really strange. there's usually so much media attention on shows but there's nothing on this show

On a side note, I am working on translating something you guys will be extremely interested on...but I have to space it out ...my colleague was asking me which matter I was working on cos she hasn't seen me so hard at work reading and typing away furiously at my PC...am pretty sure you guys know what I was going!

sure since you asked.

spoilers in reference to that particular scene

under 18 version
    Bed scene

adult version
    Bed scene. Insert [whatever you fancy in that kind of situation]

Seriously...
    Aside from the fact that QS remarked that YWY seemed to lose control and ermm...a sentence on clothing ties being loosen, there was nothing but Chinese idioms (4 to be exact) and 1 more sentence of poetic description.

Sorry to get your hopes up high...I didnt realise that I became so excited over words...either that I have a very active imagination...

the other scene can be found if you watch carefully on the trailers...the cliff scene. again its the words that YWY says which I get all excited over sorry for being such a
    Thanks! i thought those were going to be the scenes. Where did you read the novel? I wished one of the novel eng sub site would translate it.

螢火 Firefly

This song is very, very sad.

Loosely translated:
    A shooting star falling in the night
    in a blink of an eye it becomes the furthest firefly
    A fatal love
    (which) passes with a laugh
    Who will remember the promises
    Hatred /regrets is used to relieve love's thirst

Let a whole sky of fireflies turn into smoke and fire
    even if the remaining light weakens
    let's let our previous incarnations
    forged another ending.

Thoughts:
    So we start out with a shooting star which sometimes denotes death in drama stories.
    This star becomes a firefly. In most dramas, a firefly represents passionate love which doesnt last...
    Then there's that '愛到飛蛾撲火' which means a destructive kind of love and even this kind of love is laughed off.
    There's broken promises, hatred or if you like regrets being used to relieve the lack of love

The chorus bit takes the cake...
    the fireflies have become smoke and fire and with the remaining weak light to allow
    the previous incarnations ('就讓前世的你我') to create another ending.

When I read '前世的你我' that's taking about previous incarnations and I was so shocked! I mean it does not talk about the next life! Usually when lovers are about to die etc they always pledge that in the next life they will meet again etc here there's nothing about the next life, only about the past.

So if we equate the song 螢火 to LLW and QS's love because of the early episodes showing LLW and QS having their romance amidst the fireflies it can only mean that the love between LLW and QS is doomed.

So if the fireflies crash and burn, we turn to 彼岸.

彼岸 - The Other Side

彼岸 is translated as 'the other side' which means YWY!!!!!

In Buddhism it is also known as Pāramitā. The pāramitās refer to the perfection or culmination of certain virtues. In Buddhism, these virtues are cultivated as a way of purification, purifying karma and helping the aspirant to live an unobstructed life. → translated into my layman terms...ie one's gain enlightenment and found nirvana alternatively entered Paradise

Sounds really, really good right? However, like Chardbyis mentioned, there's a reference to the 彼岸花 (Spider Lily). As I was curious about what Charbyis said, I googled. See here (in chinese) for the legend.

Interestingly, it's also mentioned in Buddhism!

“彼岸花,开一千年,落一千年,花叶永不相见。情不为因果,缘注定生死。”

Translated:
    “Spider lilies, bloom a thousand years, wilt a thousand years, flowers and leaves will never meet.
    Feelings are not because of cause and effect, fate determines life or death.”

And that's the abbreviated edition...if anyone wants the long story, let me know. Btw, that sentence in bold is also used in some of the trailers.

Are you guys depressed yet? I am...I dont even have the energy to translate the song

Thoughts:

if you take the title 彼岸 at face value, QS has gone over to YWY's side and reached Nirvana (that blissful state of being)... unfortunately, there's that darn flower. Which can only mean that they can never be together!!

And there's another symbolism which isnt favourable...

That darn handkerchief of QS!

If you looked at an earlier scene, she sewed 2 handkerchiefs...1 with the firefly and flower and another with branches and leaves. SO YWY now has that darn firefly and flower handkerchief...so it means his love is short lived and never meant to be together?? No!!!!!!!!!!

What about if you read it as YWY's handkerchief has the flower bud but the other handkerchief I am assuming its with LLW has the leaves and branches...separately doesn't it mean that the flowers and leaves never meet just like in the 彼岸花?

However on a happy note ...spoiler ...do not read if you want to be kept in suspense...
    on the weibo discussion, I noticed some posting that Zhang Hanyu was interviewed on a variety show and she said

"QS never became 王妃 she picked YWY!!!!!!!!!!"

however, i tried searching for variety programs on the cast or this show and nada...cant find anything which i find really strange. there's usually so much media attention on shows but there's nothing on this show

On a side note, I am working on translating something you guys will be extremely interested on...but I have to space it out ...my colleague was asking me which matter I was working on cos she hasn't seen me so hard at work reading and typing away furiously at my PC...am pretty sure you guys know what I was going!
    This is such a good analysis. Either way, I'm prepared for a super sad ending. I haven't been sold on LLW-QS romance yet. The next few episodes will make or break this triangle.

Trailer for Ep 23

Trailer for Ep 24

Bring on the angst!

I was referring to the 'action', but I also like the dialog that follows after that. You want to give hints on the other 2 scenes?
    Hints...

1. Comb
    2. Flowers

Gosh...this thread has become so quiet! Has everybody stopped watching and waiting for 大司空 to return?

No 大司空 but I finally figured out why everyone's been say 一起睡 'Lets sleep together'

because basically 大司空 says that alot to QS!!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/de8cea3djw1f9g0odhfhjj21hc1o0ajs.jpg')

How about joining me in some detective work in history??

Year / Very brief summary events

554 Yuwen Tai went on campaign to Jiangling and captured place. Awarded Li Ezi to Yuwen Yong
    557 Yuwen Yu takes over the throne
    559 Yuwen Hu allows YWY to formally rule on matters except for military
    560 Yuwen Yu poisoned by YWH. Yuwen Yong takes over throne.
    563 Alliance with Tujue. Attacks Northern Qi
    565 Went to retrieve Tujue Princess. Rejected.
    568 Marriage with Tujue Princess.
    569 Fought with Northern Qi.
    570 Hulu Gang campaign against Northern Zhou
    572 Yuwen Yong finally kills Yuwen Hu
    576-577 War with Northern Qi
    578 Yuwen Yong dies at age 35

History vs Drama

Episode 23 reveals that QS is from Jiangling... does this mean that QS is the historical character of Li Ezi???

If we assume QS married YWY in 558 and assumed she left in 568 when he married the Tujue Princess (from the trailers), she spends about 10 years with him. That's like half his life right? Thats pretty good isnt it?

On the flipside, QS might have gone back to Northern Qi in 568 and poor YWY spends 8 years (on and off) fighting Northern Qi for QS. Then dies

I really have no idea how the searching for the Hidden Palace would fit into timelines...then again, it looks like history isnt followed cos Li Ezi gave birth to Yuwen Yong's eldest son in 559 who becomes the Crown Prince. And currently in the drama, QS's still having angst with LLW .

And 1 final image

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/005MrGHygw1f9fvvwfefqj30vg0qoae3.jpg')

translated:

left of picture: Never give up
    right of picture: persevere till the end
    top of picture: sleep with QS early
    clothe wrap around YWY's head: Will win!!

Gosh...this thread has become so quiet! Has everybody stopped watching and waiting for 大司空 to return?
    Hi. I am very depressed at the moment as my dog, Baci just passed away a few days ago. I will be more enthusiastic in posting when I feel a bit better.

History vs Drama

Episode 23 reveals that QS is from Jiangling... does this mean that QS is the historical character of Li Ezi???

If we assume QS married YWY in 558 and assumed she left in 568 when he married the Tujue Princess (from the trailers), she spends about 10 years with him. That's like half his life right? Thats pretty good isnt it?

On the flipside, QS might have gone back to Northern Qi in 568 and poor YWY spends 8 years (on and off) fighting Northern Qi for QS. Then dies

I really have no idea how the searching for the Hidden Palace would fit into timelines...then again, it looks like history isnt followed cos Li Ezi gave birth to Yuwen Yong's eldest son in 559 who becomes the Crown Prince. And currently in the drama, QS's still having angst with LLW .

You are actually correct. The character Yuan Qingsuo is based on the historical character of Li Ezi after the scriptwriter had to consider getting around the time travelling arc. In fact, when the first synopsis came out 3 years ago before filming started, the name Li Ezi was mentioned as an alias Yuan QingSuo used to marry Yuwen Yong. But since then, the script has changed the name, probably not to attract SARFT's attention with using a real historical character. However, leaked filming timetables from the set does mention Li Ezi so I wonder whether they have decided to add her as a separate character or keep her as an alias Qingsuo uses?

While I do want Qingsuo and Yuwen Yong to end up together, even only for a few years, I hope they don't have the same ending as the Li Ezi and Yuwen Yong since Yuwen Yong died suspiciously and Li Ezi became a nun after her family was slaughtered by Yang Jian. And their son was an idiot as well.

But from the history books, Yuwen Yong seems to quite like Li Ezi since she was probably one of the first concubines he married when he was a kid, yet he kept her around til the end.

Another interesting fact to note is that Northern Zhou started after Yuwen Tai ended the Northern/Western Wei Kingdom (where Hua Mulan belonged to), and in its short life, it managed to conquer Northern Qi. The Southern Liang Kingdom, where Li Ezi came from (which also happens to be the same kingdom where "Nirvana In Fire" takes place) was conquered by Southern Chen (i.e. General Ng/Peter Ho's kingdom).
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Red face I can not find any Eng sub for this drama. This tread is very useful,thank you.

No 大司空 but I finally figured out why everyone's been say 一起睡 'Lets sleep together'

because basically 大司空 says that alot to QS!!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/de8cea3djw1f9g0odhfhjj21hc1o0ajs.jpg')

How about joining me in some detective work in history??

Year / Very brief summary events

554 Yuwen Tai went on campaign to Jiangling and captured place. Awarded Li Ezi to Yuwen Yong
    557 Yuwen Yu takes over the throne
    559 Yuwen Hu allows YWY to formally rule on matters except for military
    560 Yuwen Yu poisoned by YWH. Yuwen Yong takes over throne.
    563 Alliance with Tujue. Attacks Northern Qi
    565 Went to retrieve Tujue Princess. Rejected.
    568 Marriage with Tujue Princess.
    569 Fought with Northern Qi.
    570 Hulu Gang campaign against Northern Zhou
    572 Yuwen Yong finally kills Yuwen Hu
    576-577 War with Northern Qi
    578 Yuwen Yong dies at age 35

History vs Drama

And 1 final image

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/005MrGHygw1f9fvvwfefqj30vg0qoae3.jpg')

translated:

left of picture: Never give up
    right of picture: persevere till the end
    top of picture: sleep with QS early
    clothe wrap around YWY's head: Will win!!

I am new with the tread,take sometimes to find the way 😉😅😅🎉

I can not find any Eng sub for this drama. This tread is very useful,thank you.