Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: Princess of LanLing King 《兰陵王妃》 - Andy Chen Yi, Zhang Hanyun, Peng Guanying

He is so hot. In the first episode, when the handkerchief slowly revealed his face, I was like OoOooOooH, who is THIS GUY?!? LOL. How can a guy look so good with extremely long hair. He doesn't look feminine like Gao Chang Gong does. He looks very manly.

It sucks I found this forum so late into the drama. I don't get to squeal along with everyone. Everyone has moved on and even though I've finished the drama, my mind is still stuck on this drama. Can't let go of Yuwen Yong yet.

Thoughts on Final Episode:

I liked the ending up until the last 10ish minutes. The last 10 minutes was ridiculous. I'm just gonna pretend Qing Suo never received that letter. She woke up in the middle of the night. Saw her husband's lovely sleeping face. She was filled with so much love for her husband while staring tenderly at his sweet sleeping face. She leaned over, stole a sweet kiss goodnight from him and went back to bed. THE END.

MY SHIP DID SAIL! When I saw comments about how some were feeling bad for Yuwen Yong, I thought it was because Qing Suo chose to be with Chang Gong in the end, but I'm so glad it's not! The moment of reveal when Qing Suo, delirious in bed from the pain, hallucinating and thought she saw Yuwen Yong at her bedside instead of Chang Gong. When she reached out her hand and said "YONG" I was like YEEESSS!! SQUEEAALL! SHE LOVES HIM!! SHE LOVES YUWEN YONG!!! I will admit I got teary watching her profess her love and wanting desperately to be with him because she thought she was on her last breath. It was only at her deathbed that she realises who she truly loves. Another great moment was when Yuwen Yong realised that Qing Suo actually does love him. The revelation on his face when he saw the belt with the stitched phrase that Qing Suo loves him and only chose to leave with Chang Gong to save him was the best! It was what he needed. I'm sure he doesn't truly know how Qing Suo feels about him. He was fine to just love her on his own as long as she stayed with him. But to know that the woman he loves so dearly loves him in return would have been an amazing discovery for him. I am so happy for him. He really deserves this happiness after his long journey of steadfastly unwaveringly loving Qing Suo.

I really loved Episode 49, the supposed Epilogue for Yuwen Yong, because it was filled with scenes of my favourite couple only. When I saw it, I was thinking, oh geez, I should have gone straight to this episode and saved myself fast forwarding through 47 episodes. But then realised I would have missed out on a lot of other moments between YY and QS.
    Last edited by Linja; 01-16-17 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linja View Post
    Thoughts on Final Episode:

I liked the ending up until the last 10ish minutes. The last 10 minutes was ridiculous. I'm just gonna pretend Qing Suo never received that letter. She woke up in the middle of the night. Saw her husband's lovely sleeping face. She was filled with so much love for her husband while staring tenderly at his sweet sleeping face. She leaned over, stole a sweet kiss goodnight from him and went back to bed. THE END.

MY SHIP DID SAIL! When I saw comments about how some were feeling bad for Yuwen Yong, I thought it was because Qing Suo chose to be with Chang Gong in the end, but I'm so glad it's not! The moment of reveal when Qing Suo, delirious in bed from the pain, hallucinating and thought she saw Yuwen Yong at her bedside instead of Chang Gong. When she reached out her hand and said "YONG" I was like YEEESSS!! SQUEEAALL! SHE LOVES HIM!! SHE LOVES YUWEN YONG!!! I will admit I got teary watching her profess her love and wanting desperately to be with him because she thought she was on her last breath. It was only at her deathbed that she realises who she truly loves. Another great moment was when Yuwen Yong realised that Qing Suo actually does love him. The revelation on his face when he saw the belt with the stitched phrase that Qing Suo loves him and only chose to leave with Chang Gong to save him was the best! It was what he needed. I'm sure he doesn't truly know how Qing Suo feels about him. He was fine to just love her on his own as long as she stayed with him. But to know that the woman he loves so dearly loves him in return would have been an amazing discovery for him. I am so happy for him. He really deserves this happiness after his long journey of steadfastly unwaveringly loving Qing Suo.

I really loved Episode 49, the supposed Epilogue for Yuwen Yong, because it was filled with scenes of my favourite couple only. When I saw it, I was thinking, oh geez, I should have gone straight to this episode and saved myself fast forwarding through 47 episodes. But then realised I would have missed out on a lot of other moments between YY and QS.
    Yes, those 2 moments that you described are major breakthroughs. Also, those words of Qing Suo were from the last page in the novel, but I didn't know how the series would turn out. So yes, your ship did sail, congratulations! (I was worried that mine would sink too.)
    I'm also fine with the last 10 minutes since I like to believe in the narrator's words that the king faked his death to follow a lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Linja View Post
    He is so hot. In the first episode, when the handkerchief slowly revealed his face, I was like OoOooOooH, who is THIS GUY?!? LOL. How can a guy look so good with extremely long hair. He doesn't look feminine like Gao Chang Gong does. He looks very manly.

It sucks I found this forum so late into the drama. I don't get to squeal along with everyone. Everyone has moved on and even though I've finished the drama, my mind is still stuck on this drama. Can't let go of Yuwen Yong yet.
    I was thinking who is this arrogant looking guy. (I usually don't like guys with flowing hair being let down instead of being in a knot or tied up.) However, he warmed up to me quickly.

I have finally finished reading all 22 pages! I just want to thank everybody for your thoughts on this drama. I feel like I know all the important things that have happened without actually having to watch every scene. A special shoutout to Charbydis and yannlc for your insights, thoughts, extra information and translations. It was a delight to read! Thanks yannlc especially for the translated after-cliff-scene from the novel! I really liked that scene in the drama and thought it was the moment Qing Suo finally opens up to the possibility of loving Yuwen Yong, but to know that there was more than just cuddling in the novel - OH MY!

Okay. I confess. I am so silly. *facepalm*. I completely missed that voice over at the end that explains the rumours of Yuwen Yong sighting Qing Suo and faking his death to be with her. So much for my Chinese. It's worse than I thought, lol. I retract my words about the last 10 minutes. I am completely satisfied with the ending His character is really consistent in never giving up Qing Suo.

I rewatched the drama again and tried REALLY hard not to skip scenes, but I ended up skipping a lot again. I tried to pay attention to LLW this time around and saw some of his scenes, though I still skipped a lot. He and Qing Suo don't have as much chemistry as Yuwen Yong and Qing Suo. But LLW's acting did improve just a bit towards the end of the drama. Just a bit. The actor is still slightly stiff in his expressions and I wasn't as moved by his crying scenes as I was with Yuwen Yong. I only felt bad for him. I may have missed some important details in between from all the scene skipping but I felt that he was still stuck in the past. He didn't love Qing Suo for who she is. If he had loved her wholeheartedly and then found out later that she is actually Xiao Lian, it would have been a sweet bonus for him. He couldn't let go of his past love soon enough and that put a wedge between him and Qing Suo. I felt Qing Suo's decision to let him go was fair and reasonable. She had given him chances time and time again but he could not cherish her and believe her and ended up hurting her. I feel like Qing Suo's love for LLW was not that profound. She was more infatuated with him because of a sense of similarity. When she fully regained her memories of him, she had already fallen in love with Yuwen Yong and so she felt a sense of guilt and debt towards LLW. The minute she decided to let LLW go, I don't believe she loved him romantically anymore. She deeply cares for him, but her love for him is something different and not that of man & woman. Just like you can love and lay your life down for a friend, a sibling or family/relative - Qing Suo was willing to give up her life to save LLW but her heart belonged to Yuwen Yong. At the start, it was easy for Qing Suo to look towards LLW and fantasise about leaving with him and spending her life with him because Yuwen Yong was really mean and had a horrible temper. Whenever Qing Suo provoked him, he would lose his temper, get a bit aggressive and try and force kisses on her. But he always felt bad about it straight after. His temper might be horrible but the minute Qing Suo cries, he goes completely weak. I also don't believe he would have forced himself upon her on their wedding night if the canopy hadn't fallen on her. Qing Suo would have cried and he would have stopped at just kissing her. Not saying that it is right for him to force kisses on her, but the culture and how things are back in those times are different from today. He is a prince, she chose to wed him and so of course there is some expectancy from him that he will be able to sleep with his concubine. The fact that he didn't force himself on her again (a part from trying to steal kisses) after she lost her memory just proves that he isn't the type to force himself on a women if she doesn't want it.

I am probably sounding bias towards Yuwen Yong, but LLW was not the right man for QS no matter how much he loved her. His circumstances and pressure from all sides was too much for him to be able to prioritise QS and protect her. I felt Yuwen Yong's love for QS was genuine. He let her go once so she can be happy with the man she wants to be with, but if he ever saw her again, he will never let her go. And that he did! He never let her go again. He came close once, but quickly changed his mind. He is a fool in love alright.

Sorry for my long post and random thoughts. I didn't get to express it as the show was airing with everyone.

I was confused with the title and ending credits too and was all ready to root for the OTP (QS & LLW) especially because I loved Lan Ling Wang starring Ariel and was completely on that ship, but found myself more drawn to Yuwen Yong in this drama. Are people fan-warring because of the actor (Andy) and that is why they want QS to be with LLW? Or because they really think he deserves to be with her? If it's because of the actor and they are just throwing the storyline out the window, than that is just silly. Anyone can see from the storyline that she chose the right guy at the end and it made perfect sense for her to fall in love with Yuwen Yong. Fate played a big role too. The moment she decided to wed Da Shi Kong and get involved in his life after she lost her memory, the red string of fate tied her to Yuwen Yong. She is a changed person. The moment they consummated their marriage, QS's heart belonged to Yuwen Yong. She is no longer Xiao Lian even if she has memories of her past. She is now Qing Suo. Qing Suo has Xiao Lian's past and Qing Suo's present. She is forever changed. It is plausible that all her experiences with Da Shi Kong and the palace has shaped her differently that she is no longer the innocent and naive Xiao Lian and that is why her love with LLW was doomed because LLW was still stuck in the past. Didn't LLW fully embrace and love QS at the end only because he found out she was Xiao Lian? Before that he was umm-ing and arrh-ing. I have doubts he genuinely loved Qing Suo as QS before he found out she is Xiao Lian.

If people want LLW to have the girl, then they should go watch Lan Ling Wang - he wins the heroine's heart there. Lan Ling Wang Fei is definitely the alternate where Yuwen Yong wins the heroine's heart.
    Last edited by Linja; 01-18-17 at 09:02 PM.

At the end of episode 33, when Qing Suo used the handkerchief she had embroidered for Lan Ling Wang to wrap Yuwen Yong's hand injury, I almost wept with joy for Yuwen Yong. The poor guy had leapt off a cliff twice for her and had waited so long for just a little bit of caring from her, and finally, that moment had come! I sighed at the gentle expression on Yuwen Yong's face, that look that told us his heart was aching from happiness and melting at her words.

Yuwen Yong: You're willing to use the handkerchief to dress my wounds?
    Qing Suo: What is more important than your injury right now?
    Yuwen Yong: Qing Suo, if this is a dream, then I never want to wake up.

It's so sad that up until this moment, to Qing Suo, the handkerchief she had once given to Lan Ling Wang was more important than Yuwen Yong.

Hi guys, I came across this thread hmmm... 3 years ago?
    I finally watched a snippet of here and there of this series on YouTube last night.
    First off, I'm Vietnamese but I'm willing to watch any series in any lanague as long they have beautiful cast; or at least have some drama that hook me 😂
    The main actress that looked like Korean, she was "Little Master" in that other series with Yuan Kang??? That series was title something Treasure Raiders???? Where the actress disguised as a male most of the time.

Ok, back to this series, I only watch episode 1, 2 and 49 (the end) 😅
    The guy played as her husband was smoking hot 😜 , while the guy with the silver mask looked like a girl 😱

Can someone please tell me if the main girl die at the end? I saw the scene when she read a letter, saw her hot husband sleeping, then she left the room? Then her husband had a dream/hallucination and she disappear. What happened then???

First of all, sorry to post this message in this thread since it's not exactly related to the series.

This series has ended a while back, and I still find it hard to pick up on another series after watching this one. I've also become a big fan of Peng Guan Ying as Yu Wen Yong even though I didn't even know who he was initially. I've made several MV clips of this series on YouTube also. I'm starting up an English-language Facebook page for this actor and would like to to get help from fans of his that know Chinese well that can collaborate with me on the page, mainly translating news/Weibo entries about him into English for those of us that don't know Chinese (including myself). Please let me know by PM if you're interested.

Again, sorry to post here, but there's not a separate discussion thread for Peng Guan Ying, so I'm posting here instead.

WHOA!!!
    So I just discovered that a D'Angelo Mike exist! I set my eyes upon him the very first time in Nine Fox Tail, SUPER HANDSOME!!!!! And I actually thought all along that Peng Guan yin was him because they look so alike.

mike_peng.jpg

I swear these two are twin brothers and I like them both equally! XD

I was wondering where you all were able to finish watching the series with eng sub. I'm stuck on ep 27 without sub's.

From the beginning, I too shipped QS and YWY. I wondered why the story had LLW's name. I skipped to the ending and was happy that she chose him in the end. But it makes no sense that she goes to take care of LLW's mother, I'm sure there are many others who can take care of her. Also, I love the love hate relationship between QS and YWY at first...you can tell that he loves her even though he doesn't show it. LLW never showed it...and it made no sense that QS ran to him abandoning her husband after just meeting LLW once on the battlefield. It kind of made sense that she might be infatuated because of her past. If they wanted to keep an opening to change around the male lead to YWY and not let the audience know until the very end who she was going to end with. THey should've made the title different. Actually I don't really understand why Asian dramas just show from the beginning who is going to end up with who....they should just keep it a mystery till the end but usually Korean and Taiwanese dramas show who is the male lead from the beginning. Even in some of the Indian dramas too that's how it is.

I would reaally appreciate it if someone has a link to where i can watch the rest with eng sub.

No idea about the eng sub, I think they used to have it but I just watched without it. It wasn't that good of a drama, I would be skimming anyway although there are subs, but I like the QS and YWY casting so much that I really wish those two would do another drama, I am not excited and not hyped with Diliraba and many many of the new faces coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdiani View Post
    No idea about the eng sub, I think they used to have it but I just watched without it. It wasn't that good of a drama, I would be skimming anyway although there are subs, but I like the QS and YWY casting so much that I really wish those two would do another drama, I am not excited and not hyped with Diliraba and many many of the new faces coming up.

you're right, i skipped through most of it...I always just wanted to see yuwen yong and QS. I don't know may be it was the love hate relationship but they were on fire on screen. but i would like to see more of them together...she had finally returned to his mansion when in episode 27 eng sub stopped.

OMG! I stumbled upon this hot mess of a drama, and I thought I was seeing things because I haven't seen Gilbert Lam in a drama in years and to see him pop up in this drama as Yuwen Hu was a surprise. Though I thought Yuwen Hu was suppose to be the royal uncle - a generation above the emperor and Yuwen Yong.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by aiYRong View Post
    A little bromance

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/69266546jw1ebwcgza3ovj216o0w0k3h.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/69266546jw1ebwch1cfn6j216o0w04da.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/69266546jw1ebwch39vylj216o0w0h07.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/69266546jw1ebwch57m7uj216o0w0an1.jpg')
    Ahahahaha I love these pictures so much! Imagine they time traveled and went to eat burgers. LOL. But yeah haha these are cute.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by yannlc View Post
    黃閱 - 彼岸 [電視劇《蘭陵王妃》主題曲] Princess of Lanling King OST: Huang Yue - The Other Side

I'm really like Huang Yue's singing. Thanks for posting this.

I only stumbled upon this drama a few days ago, but who's fooling who? The lady playing Qing Suo's aunt is also LanLing Wang's mom and also DuanMu Lian's shifu. I feel like I'm watching this drama to find out the whole sham she's trying to pull like a puppeteer and LLW and YQS and everyone is her marionette dolls being manipulated.

I had to scream at Qing Suo for returning her handkerchief to Yong, like how long is this going to prolong?

I know everyone is shipping Qing Suo with Yuwen Yong, but of what I've watched so far, they always bicker and I haven't quite seen Yuwen Yong acting soft and sweet with her. Of course, the plot is all over the place, I can't seem to enjoy anything adequately. I really have had a hard time finding reasons why two men or even three counting the emperor, is so attracted to her. Qing Suo feels very Marysue-ish.