Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Princess of LanLing King 《兰陵王妃》 - Andy Chen Yi, Zhang Hanyun, Peng Guanying

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I need a new carriage driver!
    Are you talking about this one? 😉😉😉

If that scene relates to the scene I am thinking about, than whatever happens before that is 😍😍😍
    Last edited by yannlc; 11-21-16 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huaqiangu View Post
    In today's episode, did LLW give QS his half of the handkerchief? If he did, I feel like it's going to start stirring up her memory of them two together...I'm still shipping LLW with QS although I wish there was another QS for YWY
    Yes it looks like that hankerchief. Could you please share your reasons for wanting those 2 together?

Quote Originally Posted by yannlc View Post

Ep 31 also shows the difference between LLW and YWY.
    click to show/hide spoilers
    When QS tells LLW to leave cos it's dangerous to stay, he refuses for awhile but still leaves. However when she tells YWY to leave cos it dangerous for him, he gets into that carriage instead and protects her as their carriage drops down the ravine.

There's the previous contrast when QS gets shot with an arrow again. When she is shot with an arrow & falls off the cliff, LLW just watches in horror. When she is hit with a bow & Yanwan let's QS fall into the water, YWY does not hesitate & jumps in after her.
    Lan Ling Wang overall is a wishy-washy person in nature and has too many things to consider. His mother and his country have put a lot of pressure on him and he sees himself and his desires secondary to Qi. On the other hand, Yuwen Yong is a very clearheaded person and knows what he wants and goes for it. Being with Yuwen Hu, he could die at anytime and he knows that he must fight for what he wants and that he must cherish it. It is like when he leaps down the cliff and holds on to her. Yuwen Yong is willing to take a risk and gamble to keep Qingsuo safe whereas Lan Ling Wang may be thinking to stay alive to keep Qi safe.

Eventually, Lan Ling Wang will have enough and ? rebel, which would be an interesting twist. I think both men are good, but just have different burdens and priorities.

I am really curious how the screen writer is going to justify QS leaving YWY & returning to LLW's side in later episodes.
    I know there will be a scene when they escape from the Underground Tomb that Qingsuo will be severely injured. And Lan Ling Wang carries her away as Yuwen Yong sheds tears But Qingsuo looks longingly at him as she leaves. But I do not know whether she gave consent or did Lan Ling Wang just carry her off out of anger that she got hurt.

And if you are referring to the trailer for ep 34, Qingsuo drugs Yuwen Yong as he wanted risk his life to save his brother, and Qingsuo wanted to stop him and go in his place. I don't believe that after the cliff scene that she would still want to leave him (even as a friend) at this critical period. There is a scene in the long trailer where Qingsuo shields the Emperor who has been poisoned from Yuwen Hu's guards and the eunuch dies.

My guess is that Qingsuo wanted to keep Yuwen Yong safe and in Yuwen Hu's trust so that he could be the next Emperor and have a chance to take revenge. And maybe thsi is where they get to the Underground Tomb and Yuwen Yong has to give her to Lan Ling Wang as if she returned to Zhou then Yuwen Hu will kill her. This is purely my own guess. But I guess we will find out next week.
    Last edited by charbydis; 11-18-16 at 11:07 AM.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Yes it looks like that hankerchief. Could you please share your reasons for wanting those 2 together?

I guess what I really want is for Xiao Lian to be back with LLW. I feel like he's already been played so much by people around him, including his own mother, that I think he deserves a happy ending with the girl he's loved ever since they were young. I wish there were two girls, Qing Suo for YWY and Xiao Lian for LLW. But then again, in the end there's only one girl and two guys. It's still unclear who she is REALLY going to choose in the end, right?

[QUOTE=charbydis;1131630]
    ... Being with Yuwen Hu, he could die at anytime and he knows that he must fight for what he wants and that he must cherish it. It is like when he leaps down the cliff and holds on to her. Yuwen Yong is willing to take a risk and gamble to keep Qingsuo safe whereas Lan Ling Wang may be thinking to stay alive to keep Qi safe.

When it's a matter of death, it's clear that Yu Wen Yong decides to grab Qing Suo when she falls off the cliff, or when he jumps over to her carriage. Some may argue that Yu Wen Yong places higher priority on the throne and his country, that's why he marries Princess Ashina for an alliance, and that he would not give up everything (being a king) to be with Qing Suo.

I think episode 31 is the turning point in YWY-QS relationship. I like the way the director film QS make her decision to live for herself. I am looking forward to the next few episodes. I do think that YWY-QS has a great trusting relationship where he teams up with her for some actions and trust her intelligence. I think LLW-QS, at heart, do not trust QS and you can see the strain on that relationship.

I'm still confused to the whole 4 guardian thing and what their actual role is in this series. Sometimes, they just show up randomly and it's confusing.

Dear All,

As promised, the other piece I was working on translating...I finally finished translating it! so tired! since we do not get a new episode tonight, hopefully this will bring you all great happiness (well...depending on which camp you are in).

I wanted to purchase the author's latest edition just to see what the epilogue was about when the show first started in October. Unfortunately, the book was out of stock in the bookshop and my only option was to search online. So i found this online listing of the book for sale and the listing reproduced the preface by the author.

Please note that I only translated the parts relating to the book and changed the order in which the characters are discussed. The actual order went LLW / YWY/ Yuwen Yu/ Xian Wu Cheng / Zhuge We Xue.

Preface of the book

'yannlc', I have a question about this translated piece. Can you clarify for me whether the parts describing about the different types of men are the author's words/view point or are they from someone else's (as in the person that wrote the message online, which the author copied/pasted)? I'm a little bit confused about whose words are those. My interpretation is those descriptions belong to the person that wrote the online post, and the book author copied/pasted them. Is my understanding correct? If so, I'm assuming that the author herself agrees with them (the author didn't say whether they are her own perspective also).
    Last edited by hkstars; 11-18-16 at 07:17 PM.

Hey, sources tell me that part of the cast will be filming an episode of the "Happy Camp" gameshow this weekend! But there is no known broadcast date yet! Have you guys heard anything else about this yet?

Would love to see them on "Happy Camp". Wonder if Andy is free?

Quote Originally Posted by hkstars View Post
    ... Being with Yuwen Hu, he could die at anytime and he knows that he must fight for what he wants and that he must cherish it. It is like when he leaps down the cliff and holds on to her. Yuwen Yong is willing to take a risk and gamble to keep Qingsuo safe whereas Lan Ling Wang may be thinking to stay alive to keep Qi safe.

When it's a matter of death, it's clear that Yu Wen Yong decides to grab Qing Suo when she falls off the cliff, or when he jumps over to her carriage. Some may argue that Yu Wen Yong places higher priority on the throne and his country, that's why he marries Princess Ashina for an alliance, and that he would not give up everything (being a king) to be with Qing Suo.
    I think Yuwen Yong did chose Qingsuo over his country when it came to the marriage alliance, but the decison was made by both of them after a discussion with Qingsuo's consent. The thing about Yuwen Yong is that he actually tries very hard to balance his different identities and responsibilities as the Emperor of Zhou as well as Qingsuo's husband. He can't just dump Zhou to leave it to the wolves and Qingsuo understands that as she matures. She sees his dilemma and gives into sharing her husband as they both love Zhou.
    Last edited by charbydis; 11-19-16 at 12:17 AM.

[QUOTE=charbydis;1131646]

I think Yuwen Yong did chose Qingsuo over his country when it came to the marriage alliance, but the decison was made by both of them after a discussion with Qingsuo's consent. The thing about Yuwen Yong is that he actually tries very hard to balance his different identities and responsibilities as the Emperor of Zhou as well as Qingsuo's husband. He can't just dump Zhou to leave it to the wolves and Qingsuo understands that as she matures. She sees his dilemma and gives into sharing her husband as they both love Zhou.
    Actually, that's the reason that I like the character of Yu Wen Yong, he is obviously conflicted since he values the well-being of his country and his people and at the same tries to balance his own personal duty. He would be an unworthy person if he forsakes everything to pursue his own personal happiness with Qing Suo. (Now if his brother is still king and the country is at peace, then I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice everything to please his woman.)

Actually, that's the reason that I like the character of Yu Wen Yong, he is obviously conflicted since he values the well-being of his country and his people and at the same tries to balance his own personal duty. He would be an unworthy person if he forsakes everything to pursue his own personal happiness with Qing Suo. (Now if his brother is still king and the country is at peace, then I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice everything to please his woman.)
    That is why I actually love this couple. Instead of trying to overpower and possess the other and shape him/her to the ideal spouse, these two actually have common goals and grow to love and value what the other loves. They both care for Yuwen Yu which is why they are wiling to sacrifice to keep his kingdom safe. But what ever they do, they have such a strong emotional bond that will not break even if they are not physically together.

You can see it from ep 31 where
    Yuwen Yong has the option of letting Lan Ling Wang and Qingsuo leave undetected through the tunnel, but he chooses not to as it could expose a weakness in the fortification of Changan in case Lan Ling Wang does try to attack him later on. But he still tries his best to keep both of them safe in their escape through other methods and was even willing to risk his own life to protect Qingsuo.

Whatever his choices are, his love for Qingsuo is undoubted and even if he does have to place her 2nd place in his heart, it would be a close 2nd place. He is a man to be respected. Whereas compared to Lan Ling Wang, Qingsuo is way behind everyone on his list of priorities.

I think Qingsuo will be more based towards Zhou than Qi as since her amnesia, all her friends have been in Zhou. She sees the prosperity of Zhou and may feel more attached to its well-being rather than Qi, which she has little contact with its politics. And Qi is on the downfall with its irresponsible Emperors who are not really trying to do much for their people in comparison to the Yuwen brothers. So in the long run, she is more likely to side with Yuwen Yong rather than Lan Ling Wang over political matters as I am not sure if she has the chance to see the side of Qi that Lan Ling Wang loves.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Welcome to our forum!

In ep 31, basically Lan Ling Wang said that he was sorry he misunderstood Qingsuo and asked her to go away with him. But Qingsuo said no, as she had already eloped twice with him. He is too late and she is tired of eloping with him. She said she knew that they would never be together when she asked him whether it was really her that he liked (and he sort of evaded the answer back then in Qi). Qingsuo thanks him for his concern for her but says she must stay in Zhou. He asks jealously if it is because of Yuwen Yong, but she replies that she needs to stay for herself. Lan Ling Wang hugs her and grabs her hand as a last resort and she tells him to let go. He then says that he will let of her, and he will also let go of himself.

[/SPOILER]
    Thanks Charbydis for the translation. I totally agree with you about the relationship b/w Gao Chang Gong-Qing Suo-Wu Wen Yong.

There are a lot of rumors about the ending of the drama. Through the trailers, it seems that this drama will come to a sad ending. After Qing Suo helping Wu Wen Yong gaining the throne, she becomes his concubine. Personally, I think when her memory comes back, it will be hard for her to accept the reality that she has become wife of another man not Xi ge ge. There may not be a marriage of Xiao Lian and Gao Chang Gong but just a dream, because I see Xiao Lian wearing the same red dress in her marriage with Wu Wen Yong. It's impossible for Xiao Lian to wear that dress if she really wants to marry Gao Chang Gong.

Does anyone knows if they cut the part QS kiss YWY

'yannlc', I have a question about this translated piece. Can you clarify for me whether the parts describing about the different types of men are the author's words/view point or are they from someone else's (as in the person that wrote the message online, which the author copied/pasted)? I'm a little bit confused about whose words are those. My interpretation is those descriptions belong to the person that wrote the online post, and the book author copied/pasted them. Is my understanding correct? If so, I'm assuming that the author herself agrees with them (the author didn't say whether they are her own perspective also).
    hkstars,

you are correct.

the description comes from someone's message posted online. the author copied it cos she found them meaningful. like you i agree that the author agrees with those words...

彭冠英 weibo on 20th Nov 21:40

translated: someone wants me to distribute sweets?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/wap360/4a96f8a2gw1f9ywlc52xzj22yo3u2e81.jpg')

In response to the weibo posts asking for 'sweet' pictures of YWY and QS... Definitely a rascal....
    Last edited by yannlc; 11-21-16 at 02:22 AM.

Hey, sources tell me that part of the cast will be filming an episode of the "Happy Camp" gameshow this weekend! But there is no known broadcast date yet! Have you guys heard anything else about this yet?

Would love to see them on "Happy Camp". Wonder if Andy is free?
    your sources are the best!

from weibo, it seems that they did film happy camp over the weekend!!! so happy that we get to see them on variety after all!

huh? you mean Andy wasnt free? but he has to attend! it has to be all 3 of them! oh no...please dont tell me that they invited Yuwen Hu / Zimei or those 4 guardians...cos really the show's all about YWY-QS-LLW!

please update when they will broadcast happy camp!

'yannlc' or anyone that can read Chinese...
    Can you please take a look at this link and tell me what this is supposed to be. Someone told me that this is the latest edition of the novel which has an added ending in which Yu Wen Yong and Yuen Qing Suo end up together. From the link, can you tell whether this is real or is it just a fanfic (what is the info on the page)? If you can provide a translated summary of that last page (for the ending), I would really appreciate it. Here's the link: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3367314291
    Thank you!
    Last edited by hkstars; 11-22-16 at 01:14 PM.

้hi everyone ,who have read the novel version.
    please tell me in this novel
    LLW & QS do they have the handkerchiefs ?
    i think the handkerchiefs is the climax of their relationship in this drama./thank you

Quote Originally Posted by varang View Post
    ้hi everyone ,who have read the novel version.
    please tell me in this novel
    LLW & QS do they have the handkerchiefs ?
    i think the handkerchiefs is the climax of their relationship in this drama./thank you
    There were no handkerchiefs in the novel because the first time they met was when she ran away from Zhou. She was a modern time girl who traveled back.
    Last edited by hkstars; 11-22-16 at 01:14 PM.

Myabe Peng Guanying just likes bellyflopping when he jumps. He just belly-flopped down a cliff!

Nice to see that Lan Ling Wang's handkerchief has now ended up with Yuwen Yong!
    Last edited by charbydis; 11-22-16 at 09:56 AM.
    Cyril Connolly