Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Princess of LanLing King 《兰陵王妃》 - Andy Chen Yi, Zhang Hanyun, Peng Guanying

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Its Amy Chan Sau Man!

You should visit Baidu Tieba forums for this series. We Yelu Honam fans have been winning the banner challenge every day since day one! Our numbers are way ahead of the two male leads!
    Yes, my bad... Chan Sau Chu was in Smiling, Proud Wanderer.

Quote Originally Posted by yannlc View Post
    BTS

https://youtu.be/xVazbfBd3Ig

I am really shocked at the last scene in the video...it might explain why Peng Guan Ying looks funny when he jumps...
    Yup, his head would hit the bottom if he did a deep dive.

Mango TV interview with Zhang Han Yun aka Qingshuo

https://youtu.be/LmoNUoOGWyM
    What is she saying?

Does anyone know whatever happened to that kiss scene when qing suo looks like she kissed him but reluctantly?

I found the trailer to the Happy Camp episode
    https://www.facebook.com/banhquananh/ --> its on this facebook page in their videos. They're playing the variety show "the masked singer" first I guess. It's kind of easy to see which one is kristy. haha Can't wait till it come out.

Mango TV interview with Zhang Han Yun aka Qingshuo

https://youtu.be/LmoNUoOGWyM
    click to show/hide spoilers
    What?!!! Lan Ling Wan got her (body ) but did not get her heart?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by stylchick View Post
    What is she saying?
    Regarding Yuan Qingshuo:
    - She has a sad life .. no.. no (laughs .. she is actually quite an unusual girl. She is born into a time of war and tribulation, yet she is very strong and determine to be herself. So i think she is quite an unusual girl.
    - Oh! Yeah! Her name is Yuan Qingshuo.
    - What attracts me most about Yuan Qingshuo is because she not just a goody-two-shoes. I have actually had enough in acting those roles. Despite her circumstances, she is still able to make courageous decisions about herself. So this maiden is quite internally strong .. ummm.. I think that is it.
    - What I think the biggest challenge is (which was also what the scriptwriter and the producer were worried about) that she had to make a decision between the two love interests and how to show the process in how it happened. This is one of the hardest dilemmas I have faced in my acting career, it is quite challenging.
    - Out of all the costumes, I liked the inner garments the most, which was known as the "water garments" in ancient China. It is because our costume designer for this series, Chen Min Zheng and the crew spent a lot of effort on our costumes, and the innermost garments that were hidden underneath were all made of real silk. So it was very very comfortable to wear and it was a luxury to wear them everyday. So I liked the "water garments" the most.

Regarding the two male characters:
    - (The question asked was who was tortured more by her character in the series, so she answered) I was hurt by them a lot as well! I think a love story is not a one-sided relationship, so all three in this love triangle were all hurt. They suffered and so did I.
    - My most memorable scene was one of departure.
    As I had amnesia before and slowly fell in love in Yuwen Yong after forgetting about Lan Ling Wang. But after I regained my memories, I hart to part from the man I had fallen in love with, because I has severely injured at the time and Lan Ling Wang carried me away. In the ancient times, such a departure between lovers was forever and they would not be able to meet again. It is not like in the modern times nowadays where you could still keep in touch in some way through flights, the internet, etc.. which makes this very convenient. I thought it was painful for all three characters because even though Lan Ling Wang had me (? my body ) but he was not the man in my heart. I loved Yuwen Yong but I had already parted from him and would most probably never meet with him again. So at that moment, all three of us were very tortured.

- (The question was which guy out of those two did she like?) I actually like Takeshi Kaneshiro. I feel that both are very perfect people that won't exist in the real world.

Regarding Peng Guan Ying:
    - He is a typical Aquarius, in simple terms, he is an alien. I quite believe in horoscopes. Aries like me, have a more straightforward personality, but with aliens, there are many barriers in communication. Because it is hard to keep up with their changing train of thought, so I think he is .. oh... if you are not familiar with him, then he likes to keep quiet. This is his pretense. As you get to know him more, the alien is very focused at work and talks a lot, so you sometimes feel that he is quite a weird guy if you did not know him well and it is hard to keep up with him.
    - There were 2 takes on the the wedding chamber scene. Having disputes in a discussion is quite normal to us in our daily lives. So we do have some disputes when it comes discussing the script.

Regarding whether Lan Ling Wang loves Yuan Qingshuo or the shadow of Duanmu Lian that she carries:
    - I thought about it a lot when acting with Chen Yi and it was very unclear. We eventually came to the conclusion that even Lan Ling Wang can not be sure whether he loves Yuan Qingshuo or not. Because the one he loves is Duanmu Lian, but he is torn between loving the one from his past and not sure about his feelings for the one standing before him. He is not sure whether to take a step forward or extend his hand to her.

Regarding the most difficult scene to act:
    - I think it was one of the underwater scenes. It was very cold. Even thought it was a short scene, it was like being inside a freezer, but I managed to get out quickly and we have towels on standby to warm ourselves. But it was in the middle winter and wearing such thin layers was quite a torture that even portable warmers were not of much help. My hands and feet were always ice cold so I felt that it was like frostbite so my hands were always so fat and dark.
    - Other scenes that involved horse-riding or action scenes need extra effort to accomplish. But it is like that for everyone as we chose this path and acting not easy. We just have to accept it.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by melodymuse View Post
    Does anyone know whatever happened to that kiss scene when qing suo looks like she kissed him but reluctantly?
    Is it the one where she reaches up to kiss him and he is wearing the blue and pink clothes? I think it was supposed to be a part of ep 34 but it was either edited out or it was just a try out to see whether kissing or hugging looked better. I am still pretty happy with the hug.
    Cyril Connolly

What?!!! Lan Ling Wan got her (body ) but did not get her heart?
    I didn't actually watch it yet cos it was past 1am when I found the video. So thank you for translating!

what? Please don't tell me the bed scene ends up with LLW!!!

Is it the one where she reaches up to kiss him and he is wearing the blue and pink clothes? I think it was supposed to be a part of ep 34 but it was either edited out or it was just a try out to see whether kissing or hugging looked better. I am still pretty happy with the hug.
    This is something I want to check with you. Have you read anything regarding SAFRT's policies on these scenes. Cos that cliff scene was also heavily edited from the book version.

And am watching 如果蜗牛有爱情 (when a snail falls in love) and the tv drama has changed so much it really should be called 蜗牛没有爱情 (snail has no love).

I didn't actually watch it yet cos it was past 1am when I found the video. So thank you for translating!

what? Please don't tell me the bed scene ends up with LLW!!!
    Regarding the interview with ZHY and her comments about the series...

There's a scene in the trailer where LLW picks her up as she looks back at YWY, and both have tears in their eyes. I think she's just saying that LLW carries her away (back to Qi) when her heart is now with YWY.

This is something I want to check with you. Have you read anything regarding SAFRT's policies on these scenes. Cos that cliff scene was also heavily edited from the book version.

And am watching 如果蜗牛有爱情 (when a snail falls in love) and the tv drama has changed so much it really should be called 蜗牛没有爱情 (snail has no love).

@charbydis Yes that one~ I'm pretty content with the hug too. Thank you for translating the interview btw~!
    @yannic SAFRT again!?! I've never read the novel bc I can't read chinese, but what was the original cliff scene? If anyone wants to fill me in? hehe

@charbydis Yes that one~ I'm pretty content with the hug too. Thank you for translating the interview btw~!
    @yannic SAFRT again!?! I've never read the novel bc I can't read chinese, but what was the original cliff scene? If anyone wants to fill me in? hehe
    It was a kiss scene (almost bed scene) after they fall off the cliff in the novel, which either got edited out or not filmed for the TV series.

Thanks hkstars
    I'm guessing that "kiss scene" was suppose to happen (the scene I was asking about earlier) but I guess they edited it out. Awwww I think that scene is important as it's like a turning point in their relationship. I mean the hug was good too.

Regarding Yuan Qingshuo:
    - She has a sad life .. no.. no (laughs .. she is actually quite an unusual girl. She is born into a time of war and tribulation, yet she is very strong and determine to be herself. So i think she is quite an unusual girl.
    - What attracts me most about Yuan Qingshuo is because she not just a goody-two-shoes. ...
    Thanks for the translations.

And thanks everyone for all the clips. Much appreciated.

I wish they kept the series more in line with the book on the cute parts
    Kissing and other scenes brings up viewership numbers
    I want more cuteness... it provides lots of happiness
    Last edited by tamitiafo; 11-28-16 at 01:21 AM.

I agree with that statement. It's been 18 episodes and there is still no love for the snail. I'm superficial and want more obvious signs of love...

I really like this series (Princess of Lan Ling) even though I know the love YWY has for QS is too unrealistic...to me he'll forsake everything for her (I honestly love it). This type of love doesn't seem very healthy and shows like this has corrupted my mind and others to seeing love as this grand. It's not very realistic (but its so cute )

'charbydis', thank you for translating ZHY's interview for those that can't understand Chinese (like me). I know it takes a lot of time.

For those that like Yu Wen Yong/Peng Guan Ying, I want to share this clip from Peng Guan Ying's series "The Sweet Burden" (on Peng Guan Ying's Vietnamese Fan Club Facebook page). The "exploding" moment is at the end of the clip.

https://www.facebook.com/banhquananh...0877066020618/

Thanks hkstars
    I'm guessing that "kiss scene" was suppose to happen (the scene I was asking about earlier) but I guess they edited it out. Awwww I think that scene is important as it's like a turning point in their relationship. I mean the hug was good too.
    The turning point in their relationship was the cliff scene, but the TV version was lacking the major part from this scene (well, after falling off).

Regarding Yuan Qingshuo:
    - What attracts me most about Yuan Qingshuo is because she not just a goody-two-shoes. I have actually had enough in acting those roles. Despite her circumstances, she is still able to make courageous decisions about herself. So this maiden is quite internally strong .. ummm.. I think that is it.
    - What I think the biggest challenge is (which was also what the scriptwriter and the producer were worried about) that she had to make a decision between the two love interests and how to show the process in how it happened. This is one of the hardest dilemmas I have faced in my acting career, it is quite challenging.
    - Out of all the costumes, I liked the inner garments the most, which was known as the "water garments" in ancient China. It is because our costume designer for this series, Chen Min Zheng and the crew spent a lot of effort on our costumes, and the innermost garments that were hidden underneath were all made of real silk. So it was very very comfortable to wear and it was a luxury to wear them everyday. So I liked the "water garments" the most.

Regarding the two male characters:
    - (The question asked was who was tortured more by her character in the series, so she answered) I was hurt by them a lot as well! I think a love story is not a one-sided relationship, so all three in this love triangle were all hurt. They suffered and so did I.
    - My most memorable scene was one of departure.
    As I had amnesia before and slowly fell in love in Yuwen Yong after forgetting about Lan Ling Wang. But after I regained my memories, I hart to part from the man I had fallen in love with, because I has severely injured at the time and Lan Ling Wang carried me away. In the ancient times, such a departure between lovers was forever and they would not be able to meet again. It is not like in the modern times nowadays where you could still keep in touch in some way through flights, the internet, etc.. which makes this very convenient. I thought it was painful for all three characters because even though Lan Ling Wang had me (? my body ) but he was not the man in my heart. I loved Yuwen Yong but I had already parted from him and would most probably never meet with him again. So at that moment, all three of us were very tortured.

- (The question was which guy out of those two did she like?) I actually like Takeshi Kaneshiro. I feel that both are very perfect people that won't exist in the real world.

Regarding Peng Guan Ying:
    - He is a typical Aquarius, in simple terms, he is an alien. I quite believe in horoscopes. Aries like me, have a more straightforward personality, but with aliens, there are many barriers in communication. Because it is hard to keep up with their changing train of thought, so I think he is .. oh... if you are not familiar with him, then he likes to keep quiet. This is his pretense. As you get to know him more, the alien is very focused at work and talks a lot, so you sometimes feel that he is quite a weird guy if you did not know him well and it is hard to keep up with him.
    - There were 2 takes on the the wedding chamber scene. Having disputes in a discussion is quite normal to us in our daily lives. So we do have some disputes when it comes discussing the script.

Regarding whether Lan Ling Wang loves Yuan Qingshuo or the shadow of Duanmu Lian that she carries:
    - I thought about it a lot when acting with Chen Yi and it was very unclear. We eventually came to the conclusion that even Lan Ling Wang can not be sure whether he loves Yuan Qingshuo or not. Because the one he loves is Duanmu Lian, but he is torn between loving the one from his past and not sure about his feelings for the one standing before him. He is not sure whether to take a step forward or extend his hand to her.

Regarding the most difficult scene to act:
    - I think it was one of the underwater scenes. It was very cold. Even thought it was a short scene, it was like being inside a freezer, but I managed to get out quickly and we have towels on standby to warm ourselves. But it was in the middle winter and wearing such thin layers was quite a torture that even portable warmers were not of much help. My hands and feet were always ice cold so I felt that it was like frostbite so my hands were always so fat and dark.
    - Other scenes that involved horse-riding or action scenes need extra effort to accomplish. But it is like that for everyone as we chose this path and acting not easy. We just have to accept it.
    Thank you so much for translating this. I saw the behind the scene of PGY in his swimming role. It looks super painful and cold.