Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Princess of LanLing King 《兰陵王妃》 - Andy Chen Yi, Zhang Hanyun, Peng Guanying

Quote Originally Posted by yannlc View Post
    Yuwen Yong has the best lines in the novel & Peng Guan Yin says one of several of my favourite lines in EP 17. Unfortunately my darn WiFi decide to act up...so Yuwen Yong is sputtering away...how unromantic...😢

Sighhh...this darn post might not even load!
    I can see your post.But glad to have finally located the pearl and see it being given to the worthy person. That was a nice moment.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I can't watch episode 17 until later so just reading comments about it right now. I can't wait to see all the angst.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Probably SARFT acting out again. I think they have a problem with people sacrificing themselves. They changed the whole ending for the "Shi San Yue" arc in "Hua Xu Yin" which messed up the story so badly. Luckily the production company Ciwen released the cut scenes separately online.
    It's interesting to see the translation because the viet sub version have them withdrawing from the border.

Yuwen Yong has the best lines in the novel & Peng Guan Yin says one of several of my favourite lines in EP 17. Unfortunately my darn WiFi decide to act up...so Yuwen Yong is sputtering away...how unromantic...😢

Sighhh...this darn post might not even load!
    What are your favorite lines from this episode? Let me guess...

"YQS, you have to promise me one thing. Don't come back here any more... I'm not a person that can accept losing. If I meet you again, I'll do whatever it costs to keep you by my side. For life, you can't consider leaving again."
    Last edited by hkstars; 10-25-16 at 03:08 PM.

It's surprisingly not too angsty in this episode. YWY is very understanding. Poor guy. SQ miss all the signs of his feelings for her that he's sending her way. They have alot of trust for each other, if nothing else at this point.

For those that are shipping the YWY x SQ pairing, the leads filmed Zhang Hanyun MV beginning this year.

Quote Originally Posted by stylchick View Post
    For those that are shipping the YWY x SQ pairing, the leads filmed Zhang Hanyun MV beginning this year.

It's surprisingly not too angsty in this episode. YWY is very understanding. Poor guy. SQ miss all the signs of his feelings for her that he's sending her way. They have alot of trust for each other, if nothing else at this point.
    I think she knows how he feels, it is just that she is happy to stay friends and to leave with the guy of her dreams.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Let's see what happens tonight.

What is a Sagong?

Da Sikong is a ministerial position in the Zhou kingdom who deals with civil matters. Probably equal to a minister of public works or transport or infrastructure, la dee da. There are also other positions like Da Situ, or Da Sima which deal with defence, judiciary system and finance etc.. Da Zhong Zai is equivalent to the role of a vice-Prime Minister nowadays and governs the Sikongs, Simas, and Situs. On top of Da Zhong Zai, there should be a Cheng Xiang who is like a Prime Minister, but I think Yuwen Hu abolished that role to make himself most important.

Hehe! Blame stylchick! I have cleared some of my inbox.
    Thanks for explaining all those court titles. that SAGONG was google's translation of "司空"

are you and stylchick exchanging photos of YWY? Please share!!!!!!!!

The funny thing is that Andy has used the poster of "the King and the Clown" which is a famous homosexual/bisexual movie regarding one of ancient Joseon's worst king, King Yeonsan. Lee Joon-gi was in it. The chinese translation is "The King's man", referring to Yuwen Yong as the King's man, the king being Prince of Lanling. Very cheeky Andy!
    hmmm...but YWY is wearing the king's clothing right? and actually i thought Andy had superimposed his and PGY's head into that movie poster but isnt there also a promotional poster with PGY dressed like that?

Quote Originally Posted by hkstars View Post
    What are your favorite lines from this episode? Let me guess...

"YQS, you have to promise me one thing. Don't come back here any more... I'm not a person that can accept losing. If I meet you again, I'll do whatever it costs to keep you by my side. For life, you can't consider leaving again."
    haha...somehow it was more romantic in chinese...sometimes the 'feels' really gets lost in translation...and by 'feels'...PGY was really fabulous last night...

i am pretty sure you can get which other scenes i am wiaiting for??

it would seem your threshold for angst is much higher than mine! i was going nooooo...partly in response to my crappy wifi...but i thought my poor YWY was pretty devastated last night...

click to show/hide spoilers

if LLW hadnt gone to YWY's residence, YWY wouldnt have let QS left. he was once again protecting her.

and he actually showed her his hidden chamber where he hid his favourite precious items. gave her the pearl that brought her to him but she returned it. gave her her handkerchief but she returned it. these 2 items were items that she was constantly asking him for them and when he finally gives it to her, she returns it all...

its so sad that for the past 16 episodes she was searching for these items and risking her life but she give them up...all because of LLW...which makes it so sad

Ho Ho. Qingsuo bites again.

it would seem your threshold for angst is much higher than mine! i was going nooooo...partly in response to my crappy wifi...but i thought my poor YWY was pretty devastated last night...

if LLW hadnt gone to YWY's residence, YWY wouldnt have let QS left. he was once again protecting her.

and he actually showed her his hidden chamber where he hid his favourite precious items. gave her the pearl that brought her to him but she returned it. gave her her handkerchief but she returned it. these 2 items were items that she was constantly asking him for them and when he finally gives it to her, she returns it all...

its so sad that for the past 16 episodes she was searching for these items and risking her life but she give them up...all because of LLW...which makes it so sad
    I think this where the language comprehension makes a big difference. I'm watching it with Viet sub for the first time and my reading comprehension is elementary level at best. I'm not getting all the nuance that I normally would be with English subs. It's surprising that NO ONE is subbing this drama. It seems popular in Vietnam but I can't guage if it's a hit or not.

Also, I grew up on watching the waterworks Chinese drama with my parents and that was angst. I think once QS starts to like YWY and is conflicted with her feelings, the angst will be out in full force. Now, she friend zoned YWY.

haha...somehow it was more romantic in chinese...sometimes the 'feels' really gets lost in translation...and by 'feels'...PGY was really fabulous last night...

i am pretty sure you can get which other scenes i am wiaiting for??
    Yes, I totally agree; it sounded much more dramatic and romantic, but my translation just seems so bland. Oh, I think I can guess what other scenes you're waiting for. One of them will be the scene after they fall off the cliff. The other scene is when they meet in the palace, and he was trying to hand her the leather/cloth piece. I'm anxiously waiting for those scenes, but it'll be much later; hopefully, the series will follow those scenes closely.

Ho Ho. Qingsuo bites again.
    Yes, but this is an imaginary bite, but I bet it still hurts.

Oh! The crossdressing! I saw the pics before but didn't see it coming as an actual scene.
    I thought he was just goofing around when he was not filming. But it makes sense now and Andy's beautiful.

Regarding Qingsuo,
    I think she really is underestimating how much Yuwen Yong means to her. She probably sees him as a brother/friend now, but whenever she is in danger, she immediately thinks of him. And surprisingly, the name she calls out when she first awakens is not the man of her dreams, but Yuwen Yong. The characters seems to have such a strong chemistry between them now that they can rely on the other to remember small insignificant details and trust them to understand their message.
    Cyril Connolly

Yes, it was very sad when he stated that 'your identity and the pearl can't even compare with LLW'. Well, it must hurt very much because he can see where he ranks then, at the bottom of the list.

Oh! The crossdressing! I saw the pics before but didn't see it coming as an actual scene.
    I thought he was just goofing around when he was not filming. But it makes sense now and Andy's beautiful.
    I didn't know it was an actual scene (of the photo with YWY and LLW). Is this scene coming up soon in the series?

Quote Originally Posted by hkstars View Post
    I didn't know it was an actual scene
    (of the photo with YWY and LLW)
    . Is this scene coming up soon in the series?
    No. I think there will one being one scene of the cross dressing which was shown in ep 18 and that's it.
    There has been other photos of Andy running around in drag on the set. There one where he is being "molested" by Gilbert and one of the guards. And then he mucks around with Tian Li who plays his mother. It is actually quite funny.
    Cyril Connolly

Regarding Qingsuo,
    I think she really is underestimating how much Yuwen Yong means to her. She probably sees him as a brother/friend now, but whenever she is in danger, she immediately thinks of him. And surprisingly, the name she calls out when she first awakens is not the man of her dreams, but Yuwen Yong. The characters seems to have such a strong chemistry between them now that they can rely on the other to remember small insignificant details and trust them to understand their message.
    The relationship and trust between YWY and QS is something I am really enjoying with this drama.
    Especially when she has her safety signal that only he knows. I really like how they develop this relationship between the two characters.

Regarding the cross dressing
    I did not see that coming. It is a nice way to reinforce LLW's pretty girly face reputation. It also helps that Andy really does embody LLW character in term of looks at this point. Spot on casting!

Have you seen the Trailer for ep 19 and 20? Surprisingly, it's not up yet.

Have you seen the Trailer for ep 19 and 20? Surprisingly, it's not up yet.
    Yes, they're up already, just search on Youtube. I don't see YWY or LLW anywhere in sight in episode 20.
    Last edited by hkstars; 10-26-16 at 12:09 PM.