Thread: Iceman Cometh 3D

Default Iceman Cometh 3D

Is this movie out yet? Heard that it is going to be release in the US soon. Please correct me if I am wrong. Anyway, if it is out already, what is your intake on it?
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    Is this movie out yet? Heard that it is going to be release in the US soon. Please correct me if I am wrong. Anyway, if it is out already, what is your intake on it?
    I think its been out since april. I didn't like it. The action scenes are well done. All except one in the nightclub are overdone with cgi. And donnie yen really does not need cgi.

The plot is badly written. I myself did not understand the conspiracy or the crappy ending. There were too many themes they shoved into the movie - friendship, conspiracy, patriotism, humour, supernatural, racism and wuxia. There are interesting elements but they are not wellwoven together.

I didn't appreciate the humour. I thought the humour was too forced and partly derogatory towards Indians. And Donnie can't act.

If you have time, then watch it for the action scenes. If you like a good plot, you won't f8
    Ind it in here. But i wont watch it for a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I think its been out since april. I didn't like it. The action scenes are well done. All except one in the nightclub are overdone with cgi. And donnie yen really does not need cgi.

The plot is badly written. I myself did not understand the conspiracy or the crappy ending. There were too many themes they shoved into the movie - friendship, conspiracy, patriotism, humour, supernatural, racism and wuxia. There are interesting elements but they are not wellwoven together.

I didn't appreciate the humour. I thought the humour was too forced and partly derogatory towards Indians. And Donnie can't act.

If you have time, then watch it for the action scenes. If you like a good plot, you won't f8
    Ind it in here. But i wont watch it for a second time.
    Urgh, I watched it recently and I was VERY disappointed. I agree with the plot. IT was HORRIBLE! they tried to make it humorous but I didn't see anything that made me laugh. Too many flashbacks and overuse of cgi. I agree, Donnie Yen does not need any of cgi to do this and he couldn't act in this movie. SMH. Donnie Yen, Jet Li, Jacky Chan, and Andy Lau's movies have been disasters. I don't know if it is old age or what, but their movies aren't as good as before.

Comparing to the Iceman Cometh 1989 to this one, I prefer the old one.
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    Comparing to the Iceman Cometh 1989 to this one, I prefer the old one.
    I like the Yuen Biao one as well! At least we knew what was going on within 5 minutes. Yuen Wah made a fantastic villain and the action scenes were fascinating. Maggie Cheung was charming as her club girl role. And this was actually funny! In comparison, though the new remake has CGI and a much better budget, it looks cheap and distasteful with all the poo and wee jokes.

I had low hopes for the new remake when I heard of it. I never really like remakes of old classics. I have been disappointed lately by these remakes of classics. I really had no idea of what was going on in the Huang Xiao Ming's remake of The Bride with White Hair. It was a pretty movie but gosh did they stuff up the plot and characterization. I would rather they did not pay homage to the older version through similar scenes because the newer version is a disgrace. If you have not seen this one, then please miss it (unless you are a HXM or FBB fan) or you will be scarred for life.

Old movies have a certain irreplaceable charm though with lower budget. I find that today's new movies are too burdened with special effects, and visual perfectionism, but lack in plot development. They aim to wow the audience with CGI or plot twists rather than actually building up an emotional connection and touching the audience with well-written characters and screenplay. However, there are still good movies out there. You just have to filter through the bad ones to find the gems.

I still love Andy Lau but I have had it after watching that awful '"Switch". The bad stuff I grind my teeth and struggle to finish due to my love for my fav stars (Andy Lau, Chow Yun Fat, Big Tony Leung, etc..). I have been hit repeatedly by several of Donnie Yen's recent bad movies. I myself, am super picky, and have not been pleased with a movie since Tsui Hark's The Flying Swords at Dragon Gate" in 2011 which I thought was refreshing and fun in merging CGI with action. Donnie just looks way better in real fights with a little help from CGI than letting the CGI take over (cough ... cough...The Monkey King ... cough...cough...)

BTW, the sequel to the Iceman Cometh 3D is coming out next month. I probably skip it. If you do watch it, please PM me on what the conspiracy is cos I still have no clue what is going on in Part One.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I like the Yuen Biao one as well! At least we knew what was going on within 5 minutes. Yuen Wah made a fantastic villain and the action scenes were fascinating. Maggie Cheung was charming as her club girl role. And this was actually funny! In comparison, though the new remake has CGI and a much better budget, it looks cheap and distasteful with all the poo and wee jokes.

I had low hopes for the new remake when I heard of it. I never really like remakes of old classics. I have been disappointed lately by these remakes of classics. I really had no idea of what was going on in the Huang Xiao Ming's remake of The Bride with White Hair. It was a pretty movie but gosh did they stuff up the plot and characterization. I would rather they did not pay homage to the older version through similar scenes because the newer version is a disgrace. If you have not seen this one, then please miss it (unless you are a HXM or FBB fan) or you will be scarred for life.

Old movies have a certain irreplaceable charm though with lower budget. I find that today's new movies are too burdened with special effects, and visual perfectionism, but lack in plot development. They aim to wow the audience with CGI or plot twists rather than actually building up an emotional connection and touching the audience with well-written characters and screenplay. However, there are still good movies out there. You just have to filter through the bad ones to find the gems.

I still love Andy Lau but I have had it after watching that awful '"Switch". The bad stuff I grind my teeth and struggle to finish due to my love for my fav stars (Andy Lau, Chow Yun Fat, Big Tony Leung, etc..). I have been hit repeatedly by several of Donnie Yen's recent bad movies. I myself, am super picky, and have not been pleased with a movie since Tsui Hark's The Flying Swords at Dragon Gate" in 2011 which I thought was refreshing and fun in merging CGI with action. Donnie just looks way better in real fights with a little help from CGI than letting the CGI take over (cough ... cough...The Monkey King ... cough...cough...)

BTW, the sequel to the Iceman Cometh 3D is coming out next month. I probably skip it. If you do watch it, please PM me on what the conspiracy is cos I still have no clue what is going on in Part One.
    I love Yuen Wah. He plays a great villain in his movies. I also like him in Kung Fu Hustle. LOL.

You know, I haven't seen the new Bride with White Hair with HXM and FBB and wanted to see it. I'm already scarred by Iceman 3D so mind as well be scarred on this one too. In Bride with White Hair trailer, it seems like the director changed the story plot a bit. Her hair turned white because he was married to another woman instead of stabbing her like in the old version? Correct me if I am wrong or else I will have to dread in waiting for this one to come out with English subtitles (unless it is already out with it). lol.

I could not...I repeat, I COULD NOT even watch the rest of "Switch"! I had to recuperate from such horrible story plot and acting by downing a cup of wine. LOL.

Whoa, Iceman Cometh 3D has a sequel? Are you serious? Do you know if they have trailer for this and I wonder what it is going to be about? I probably watch it just to be curious and I will definitely PM when I do watch it...unless you watched it first since I have to wait for the English subtitles. LOL....
    Sim neej aws...

It is upcoming movie in this year.

It's already out awan247.
    Sim neej aws...

Nice watch...for a lazy and boring sunday evening with nothing to do...on a DVD.
    [must not go in with expectation. And yes, Donnie, Jet Li, are NOT made for comedy]