Thread: Hey! Can any confirm the rumour of TVB green-leaf Actor Kwan Ching's passing?

Unhappy Hey! Can any confirm the rumour of TVB green-leaf Actor Kwan Ching's passing?

My mum just called me saying that she heard that TVB's green-leaf actor Kwan Ching passed away a few days ago from a heart attack while on set. Her friend read it in the papers. I cannot find any other sources on the internet regarding this. Has anyone else heard about this? It is a pretty sick joke if it is a hoax. Kwan Ching is a wonderful actor that has been with TVB since the 80's and is versatile in both good and villian roles.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Unfortunately, he has indeed passed away. Wikipedia, Apple Nextmedia

I see that his list of credits during the 1980s includes Beggar's Union Elder Lo Yau Gerk in LOCH '82.

I also remember him as one of the Mo-generation Shaolin monks in HSDS '86.

He played quite a few supporting wuxia roles back in the 1980s. His signature line seemed to be an angry, clipped, "Nei!" (e.g. "You!") indicating that his character was too angry/exasperated at somebody to say more. He had such a line in almost every one of his wuxia roles, expressed precisely the same way each time.

He was pretty good as supporting roles. He played Ngor Fei decendent in LOCH82
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://static.apple.nextmedia.com/images/e-paper/20140917/large/1410947268_45b0.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    He was pretty good as supporting roles. He played Ngor Fei decendent in LOCH82
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://static.apple.nextmedia.com/images/e-paper/20140917/large/1410947268_45b0.jpg')
    Yeah...he had two separate roles in LOCH '82. For years, I didn't even notice it was the same actor (which means he did a fairly good job at separating his roles).

That's horrible news! RIP Mr. Kwan.

I jus heard that Kwong Chor Fai has stage 4 cancer.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

When I was in Hong Kong airport waiting for transfer, I can see air pollution is pretty bad, even though it's not as bad my father home town in China. It's not a surprise that cancer is on the rise in both HK and China. I would not last long if I live in my father home town.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    That's horrible news! RIP Mr. Kwan.

I jus heard that Kwong Chor Fai has stage 4 cancer.
    Kwong Chor Fai? You mean the actor who portrayed Wan Tze Ping in the 1980s L/ROCH series?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Kwong Chor Fai? You mean the actor who portrayed Wan Tze Ping in the 1980s L/ROCH series?
    Yes, him. It came out in an interview with Idy Chan. he has stopped working now and fighting the cancer. Apparently he was sick for a while. No wonder he seemed to lose so much weight last year!

BTW, Wong Wan Choi (Au Yeung Hak from LOCH 83) who is now a Chinese medicine practitioner, is back to guest star in one TVB episode. I miss all those veterans!
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Yes, him. It came out in an interview with Idy Chan. he has stopped working now and fighting the cancer. Apparently he was sick for a while. No wonder he seemed to lose so much weight last year!
    Geeze, that's tough. The guy played many great supporting roles in TVB series during the 1980s, but where he really shined was as an event emcee. He hosted a number of talk/profile shows for TVB during the 1980s, and was always great in those programs.

Ironically, though his character raped her character in ROCH '83, it seems like in real life, Kwong Chor Fai and Idy Chan are close friends.

BTW, Wong Wan Choi (Au Yeung Hak from LOCH 83) who is now a Chinese medicine practitioner, is back to guest star in one TVB episode. I miss all those veterans!
    It'll be good to see him again. Wish he were making a full comeback. What's he appearing in?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    It'll be good to see him again. Wish he were making a full comeback. What's he appearing in?
    Hi Ken! Sorry it took me a while to get back to you! I just watched the ep that WWC was guest starring in. He is in the last ep of "Shades of Life" as a person who immigrated to Australia back in the 90's and wanted to move back to HK due to lifestyle clashes with the Australian lifestyle (hey! Aussie life aint that bad over here! :nono ) but encountered problems doing so.

WWC had only around 10 mins of screen time all together but his subtle acting is good as usual. I am happy to see him on screen again. He has changed a lot since his Fa Moon Lau days but I still like him just as much as I did twenty years ago watching LOCH! I hope he films more as well!

BTW, I am catching Lin Shing Kuet on TVB and Kwan Ching is in it. Makes me feel sad. He did really well as two-faced villians that sucked at martial arts but were experts at manipulation! The series is bad though! I understand why it was not a hit!
    Cyril Connolly