Page 100 of 358 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 7159

Thread: 大唐双龙传 [Da Tang Shuang Long Zhuan] by Huang Yi

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    Xu Xiong, thank you for your help.
    You're most welcome. I'm always aware of wanting to group that characters list better (and, perhaps, find the matching Chinese spelling so those very keen can look up)
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

Default Book 8 - Chapter 6, Part 2

HPC, Jaya, ycb, Ysabel, kink, Anh, Abhay, you are welcome. Kowloon, akolaw, Sky, agree on Song Yuzhi. Question is: did Kou Zhong deserve her? His own confession: his ambition comes first (at least at this point of the story). Xu Xiong, I know its a massive work, thats why I appreciate your assistance so much.

That night Song Yuzhi returned very late, everybody else was asleep already. By daybreak Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling went out for a stroll with Susu, while she was still asleep. By the time they came back, they found out that she had quietly slipped away.

After dinner that evening, Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling had private discussion with Duan Yucheng, four people, about the route they were going to take to return to the North. Afterwards they returned to their rooms to rest.

Trailing behind Xu Ziling, Kou Zhong proudly said, Ling Shao! This time I am listening to you! Last night I personally called off my engagement with Song Yuzhi, and this morning she left without even saying goodbye.

Xu Ziling was amazed, You dont seem to have the least bit of displeasure of her leaving? he asked.

Kou Zhong sat down dejectedly, looking at Xu Ziling, who was standing by the bed, about ready to lie down and sleep; letting out a wry smile, he said, I would be lying if I said I did not suffer any blow. But with so many things giving me headache right now, how could I have the luxury of worrying over this matter? Girls are like butterflies, if they want to fly away, just let them fly away! Ha! Not only we do not have any luck at the brothel, we dont have any luck with pretty girls either. All beautiful women seem to have ten grievances nine enmities with us.

Xu Ziling was raising the mosquito curtain and was sitting down on the bed; hearing Kou Zhongs remark, his heart ached, recalling Fu Junchuo and Sister-in-law Zhen [See Book 1 Chapter 2]: the formers sweet soul was already gone, the latters whereabouts was unknown. He could not help feeling depressed.

Currently Elder Sister Su was the closest woman to them, but her happiness was closely related to Xiang Yushan; would they be this helpless for the rest of their lives?

Kou Zhong mused, Our trip back to the north this time could very well be the most dangerous journey we ever take. We dont even know for sure how many enemies we have out there.

Taking a very deep breath, Xu Ziling said, Starting tomorrow, we will have Duan Yucheng and the others subjected to the most rigorous training we can muster, so that they at least will have the ability to protect themselves.

Kou Zhong nodded. How many days do you think we ought to stay here? he asked, If we leave too early, Su Jie will certainly blame us.

Why dont we stay with Su Jie for ten more days? Xu Ziling replied, Incidentally we can also use this time to drill Yucheng and the others.

Kou Zhong agreed, Lets do it just as you said.

Hows the situation with Beautiful Shifu? Xu Ziling asked.

Of course she wants to come with us to the north, Kou Zhong replied, But she is going to make her own arrangement.

And then immediately lowering his voice, he said, That Xiang kid told me quietly that she is going to rendezvous with Dugu Ce, thats why she is unwilling to leave Baling. Asking for this woman to be devoted to just one man is probably more difficult than plucking the bright moon from the sky.

Frowning, Xu Ziling said, Why did that Xiang kid tell you this kind of thing? This is totally unlike him.

Letting out a cold snort, Kou Zhong said, Naturally he received Xiao Xian, that old foxs order; he is trying to damage my relationship with Beautiful Shifu. Currently Haisha Bang has suffered severe setback, leaving only Jukun Bang, Shuilong [water dragon] Bang, and Dajiang [great river] Bang. In Xiao Xians eyes, Beautiful Shifu is a lot more important than us.

Xu Ziling spoke in heavy voice, Just now our side warned Xiang kid, if Su Jie is the least bit unhappy, I will demand explanation from him.

Kou Zhong laughed and said, Even if he has guts as high as the sky, he wont dare bully Su Jie. Ay! I still dont understand why did Su Jie agree to marry him.

Shushing him, Xu Ziling said, Its no use talking about it now. After pausing, he went on, Do you know why I want to stay for that long, ten days? Although you agree, I know that you actually dont have any choice.

Kou Zhong was stunned, I really have not thought about it, he replied, I only think that being with Su Jie right now is the most important priority. As long as I am with her, I feel relaxed and comfortable.

Xu Ziling apologetically said, It was me who had weird thought. In my opinion, Evil Monk, Amorous Nun, and those vicious people would look for us to give us trouble. If we could ruthlessly inflict heavy losses to them first before starting out, our journey would be a lot smoother!

Frowning, Kou Zhong said, This place is Baling Bangs domain; do you think theyd dare to come here and run amuck?

Xu Ziling smiled and said, We came to their domain and killed Ren Shaoming, naturally they also want to kill us in our domain, so that they could show off their prowess. Therefore, unless they are not coming, they would definitely want to, using the ten-thousand-junpower, inflict the biggest casualties and heaviest damage in the shortest possible time.

Raising his scimitar-like eyebrows, Kou Zhong laughed grimly and said, Hence they must be sending people in advance to scout the situation and gather information. If we could intercept these vanguard troops, we can defeat them before they start, humph!

With an indifferent laugh Xu Ziling said, If I were they, I would take advantage while we go out with Su Jie on a tour to make my move; dont you agree?

Kou Zhongs tiger-eyes immediately lit up.

Xu Ziling went on, Once we are going up north to transport the salt, we will be in the open while the enemies are in the dark; we will be caught in the disadvantageous situation of an absolute passive position. Tactically, it is extremely unwise. If we cannot get hold of the initiative, I can guarantee that we will never reach Guanzhong.

Kou Zhong was astounded, Whats going on today? he asked, It seems to me that you have never been this enthusiastic and proactive about these things.

Xu Ziling shifted over to the window; with his hands behind his back he turned his gaze toward the starry sky outside, and said mysteriously, The moment we killed Ren Shaoming, I suddenly felt myself stepping into another stage of my lifes journey. Yet I know clearly that we have an unclear entanglement with several evil forces, and are being sucked into the maelstrom of the present age. We cant avoid it; either we choose to kill ourselves, or choose to confront it. There is no third possibility.

Turning his head around, he noticed that Kou Zhong was staring at him with some strange expression. Why are you looking at me like that? he asked in astonishment.

Kou Zhong stood up abruptly, and then spoke in earnestness, Because you have just displayed the prestige and style of a martial art master of the present age. What struck me the most was that it looked so smooth and natural.

Xu Ziling smiled, Oh please dont lick Xiaodis butt, he said, Are you saying that you dont realize that recently your mannerism has also changed? Swindling, pretending, leading, listening, teaching, and every now and then speaking some pompous words, deceiving me big time.

Kou Zhong slapped his shoulders hard and roared in laughter, Sometimes a man shouldnt be that forthcoming, he said, There is one more thing that I havent told you about: do you know who Song Yuzhis future husband is? My Niang! Its Li Mis only son.

Although Xu Ziling was fully aware that Kou Zhong deliberately changed the subject, he still could not help crying out involuntarily, What?

Kou Zhong let his hand off Xu Zilings shoulder; leaning on the window sill, he gazed into the boundless moonlit night, with gleaming eyes he said, This is the Song Clan and Wagang Armys business deal. North and south aligning themselves, together they are going to deal with the Li Clan of the northwest. If we cant find a way to crush this north-south union, the world will eventually fall into the hands of Li Mi.

Letting out a wry smile, Xu Ziling said, Are you persuading me to agree with you in exploiting Song Yuzhi?

Kou Zhong smiled and shook his head, You despise me, Kou Zhong, too much, he said, As long as we can prevent Li Mi from taking over Luoyang, the engagement will be invalidated. At that time, whomever the Song familys Big Miss wants to marry, I, Kou Zhong will not destroy her happiness. However, if by that time she finds out that she is helpless to leave the Ol Kou, it will be the Ol Kous good fortune. Hows that? Am I forthcoming enough for you?

Xu Ziling shrugged his shoulders, All right! he said, We are all adults, lets leave this matter in Laotianyes hands. Right now let us focus our attention to deal with the enemy. Other things, we will think about it when we are still alive later!

Knitting his brows, Kou Zhong said, Are you implying that we must go to bed now? We havent talked happily and excitedly like this, and havent been getting along so well like this for a long time. Ha! These words getting along well are so appropriate.

Xu Ziling spoke indifferently, While we are getting along very well and our amiable talk is in full swing, Ive got a hunch that Evil Monk, Amorous Nun and their cronies are lying low in the vicinity of Baling, waiting for an opportunity to kill us.

Kou Zhong sat down and mused, Perhaps they are even inside the city already. Is there any way we could lure them out?

Calm and composed, Xu Ziling said, He who comes is surely ill-intentioned, no-one well-meaning will come. If we wait for them to act first, it would be difficult for us to avoid dead and injured; hence the best strategy is whether we could gain the initiative by striking first.

A faint smile, brimming with confidence, appeared on the corner of Kou Zhongs mouth; he said slowly, This time we will be dealing with our enemy without relying on Xiao Xians support at all; only by doing this will we reach our goal of tempering ourselves.

After thinking deeply, he added, In my opinion, due to their distinctive appearance, Evil Monk and Amorous Nun would not dare to venture into the city. Rather, they would send their people to spy and watch our movements. So they must be somewhere outside Xiang kids General Mansion, watching our coming and going. As long as we can find those spies, we can launch the anti-tracking operation, and will be one step ahead in killing the enemy.

Xu Ziling said, After failed assassination attempt by Yang Xuyan, Xiang kids military mansions security is strengthened considerably; they even have hidden sentries outside the mansion. Therefore, if the opponents are sending people here, they must be good in hiding their tracks and are martial art experts in qinggong, so that it wont be easy for us to detect their movement and find their hiding place. Therefore, unless we have certain technique, it might be hard to find such people.

Kou Zhong laughed aloud. Dont worry! he said, Leave it to me. If even Evil Monk, Amorous Nun, I am unable to deal with, would I talk about vying over the world?

Thanks, once again, foxs

Talking

Thanks foxs!

Thanks, foxs.

woohooo, i wish for another big fight!

thanks foxs

Thanks foxs

Thanks Foxs

Thanks foxs.

Thanks foxs

Did Kou deserve Song Yuzhi, I believe Song Yuzhi think so.

My 2 cents.
    A, Song has 2 feasible choices, son of Li Mi or Kou Zhong. Both are political deal, she has no feeling with Li but she love Kou, and now she know Kou love her too.
    B, Song had positive feeling (love) and negative feeling (frustration, anger, and hatred) towards Kou, and her positive feeling is always stronger than her negative feeling. Her anger is She LOVE Kou and Kou only see it as political deal (she feel betrayed by some one she love, now she found out that Kou actually love her), hatred and love are two side of same coin, and once anger gone easily become love (And Vice Versa) And by now most of her negative towards Kou is gone and Love is alot stronger than frustration.

Thanks foxs! Does he deserve SYZ? Yes and no. KZ is not a very honorable guy and has no qualms about using people to achieve his ends (he even manipulates XZL, his other half). SYZ is cool and level-headed but she still fell for KZ despite knowing he's using her to further his political ends. They both know what they're getting into so they kinda both deserve each other I think.

XZL is showing his leadership skills in the last part. I like the aggressive XZL. Hope he's here to stay!

Thanks foxs

Default Book 8 - Chapter 7, Part 1

ycb, kink, Jaya, HPC, Abhay, Lao Qianbei, Ysabel, Anh, you are welcome. Bocah, not yet ... maybe the next update. Akolaw, Sky, I beg to differ: Kou Zhong did not love Song Yuzhi (per his own confession, at this point of the story).

Book 8 Chapter 7 The Mysterious Giant Ship

Early morning the next day, Xu Ziling and Kou Zhong supervised and urged Duan Yucheng, four people to train and spar against each other.

While Kou Zhong, using a whip, was straining Bao Zhifu and Shi Jie to their limit, Yun Yuzhen came to stand by Xu Ziling and watch. Amazed at the situation in the arena, she said, These twos martial art skill is indeed not bad, how did you get them back here?

Dang!

Bao Zhifus broadsword was coiled by Kou Zhongs whip and was pulled away.

Xu Ziling cast a sidelong glance toward the radiant-looking Yun Yuzhen. His eyes then fell onto the double-spear wielding Duan Yucheng, who was taking over Bao Zhifus position. Ma Gui, your turn! he barked his order.

Ma Gui shouted his acknowledgement, his left and right hands successively shot three iron bullets toward the vital points on the pit of Kou Zhongs stomach and his crotch.

Yun Yuzhen immediately jumped in fear, thinking that even the training looked a lot like a life and death struggle.

Kou Zhong laughed aloud, his body swayed, Ma Guis secret projectiles all hit empty space.

Only then did Xu Ziling smile and asked, Beautiful Shifu, why are you up so early?

Casting him a flirtatious glance, Yun Yuzhen replied, I was concerned over you guys!

Forcing a laughter, Xu Ziling said, Shifu seems to mistake me for Kou Zhong again!

Yun Yuzhens pretty face blushed slightly. Awkwardly she glowered at him and said, I thought you are not going to bring that matter up anymore.

By that matter, naturally she was referring to she was throwing herself in Xu Zilings bosom and kissing him, mistaking him for Kou Zhong.

Xu Ziling laughed indifferently, stepped into the arena, and shouted, My turn!

Kou Zhong retrieved his whip and withdrew to Yun Yuzhens side. Xu Ziling used his bare hands to face the four men.

Kou Zhong laughed and said, These four boys are getting more and more formidable. It proves that we have original insight, and that we use the correct method in teaching them. Humph! With me by your side last night, Beautiful Shifu naturally tossed and turned restlessly, hard for you to sleep.

Yun Yuzhens powdered face turned even redder; she spat and said, I dont know how fragrant and sweet my sleep was. Why is it that men always arrogantly thought that girls cant do anything without them?

Kou Zhong breathed a sigh of relief. Thats very good, he said, I was afraid Beautiful Shifu could not do without me. In that case, when I leave in a few days, I wont have to rush back anytime soon.

Albeit knowing that Kou Zhong was teasing her, Yun Yuzhen could not help getting angry, Kou Zhong! she snapped, You bully me too much!

Kou Zhong smiled and said, I was just testing Yun Bangzhus heart. Hee! Su Jie is here, do you want to go out and have fun with us?

Yun Yuzhen cast him an angry look and said, Only ghosts want to accompany you!

After giving him a sweet smile, she simply left.

The carriage left the General Mansion. Eight riders opened up the path, eight riders protected from behind, plus Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling riding leisurely side by side with Susus carriage.

Susu was relaxed and was in a very good mood, every now and then she chatted and laughed with the two boys through the window; they were happy and were in harmonious relationship.

The cavalcade exited the city via the north gate, their destination was Linjiang Pavilion at the upper reaches of the River, a well-known scenic spot outside the city of Baling, from which they would be able to feast their eyes on the beautiful scenery of the Yangtze River.

Outside the city, Susu followed the two boys suggestion to take a break in the wayside. Kou Zhong noticed that not only Xu Ziling seemed to be deep in thought, his face also seemed a bit pale. What are you thinking? Kou Zhong asked.

Xu Ziling hesitated for half a day before relying, I suddenly remembered Yang Xuyan. I wonder whom does he work for?

Frowning, Kou Zhong said, Didnt somebody say that he is in pursuit of Yang Shichongs beautiful daughter? They all surnamed Yang, naturally it should be easy to get close to each other! [I think it ought to be Wang Shichong. Authors error?]

After a quick and thoughtful glance toward the dock outside the city, Xu Ziling said, Of course I remember that. I just think something does not fit here. Right now the person Yang Shichong fears the most ought to be Li Mi, and then Xiao Xian comes after him.

Deep in thought, Kou Zhong commented, It wont make sense even more if he is working for Lin Shihong. Someone like Yang Xuyan, who is of the royal family origin, would not have anything to do with Lin Shihong, who is of lulin [lit. green forest, i.e. criminal world] origin. But you are also right, if I were Yang Shichong, how could I have time to deal with the things in the south?

If Yang Xuyan is not Yang Shichongs man, Xu Ziling continued, He must be related to one of the Four Major Clans. The Song Clan is at odds with the royal family, plus they tend to stay in the south, so we can eliminate them. That leaves us with the Li Clan, the Dugu Clan, and the Yuwen Clan.

Kou Zhong analyzed, Dugu Clan has always been an ally of Baling Bang, so they can also be eliminated. That leaves us Yuwen Clan and Li Clan. It seems to me that Yuwen Clan has a slightly higher possibility. Ay! But Yuwen Clan is also too busy with their own problems; just like Yang Shichong, they dont have time to meddle with the south. My Niang, could it be that Li Shimin guy?

Xu Ziling was emotionally moved, That possibility is really high, he said, That Li guy has an acute foresight [orig. stand tall and see far], a man with power, aptitude, and broad outlook. Only he has the ability to see through the Xiang kids importance; if he were killed, Xiao Xian would turn half-blind. From this, it could be seen that that Li guy thinks highly of Xiao Xian.

Kou Zhong nodded, In Sunzis [Sun Tzu] Art of War, it is said know yourself and know your enemy, and you will never be defeated. Speaking about the vastness and density of the intelligence network, no hole left un-entered, nothing surpasses Xiang kids network of brothels and casinos all over the country. Hey! Li guy plus Yang Xuyan, wont you say they are an interesting combination?

This moment Susu opened the curtain and stuck her head out, Hey! Its so boring here! Come and chat with Jiejie, all right?

Back at the General Mansion that evening, Duan Yucheng reported, Subordinates followed two Bangzhus instruction: from the time the carriage left the door, we monitor any movement all around, but we did not find anybody following your track, or any unusual activity.

The two boys returned to their room, totally mystified, and even more disappointed.

Could it be that they have guessed incorrectly? Or perhaps the enemies were clever enough to evade Duan Yucheng, four mens detection?

Slapping the table, Kou Zhong exclaimed, It does not make sense. Yucheng and the others monitoring positions are strategically located and carefully selected; as long as anybody was following our trail, they would definitely see it. Unless hey!

Xu Ziling caught on, I dont believe that the Evil Monk and Amorous Nun would be willing to swallow their pride to do it personally. That Evil Monk is irascible, he wont have the patience to wait for long. Unless

The two boys looked at each other, with myriads of thoughts flashing through their minds.

Unless they were waiting for reinforcement, there was no reason to miss their chances of attacking and killing them outside the city.

Supposing Evil Monk and Amorous Nun were really Yin Gui Pai people, the reinforcement must be from Yin Gui Pai or perhaps martial art masters from Qu Aos side; this was definitely not a trivial matter.

Kou Zhong blew a mouthful of cold air. We must never take Su Jie out of the city, he said, Well simply use an empty carriage as a decoy and forget about it.

Frowning, Xu Ziling said, We must find a way to have our passive situation reversed; it would be best if we can do it ahead of the enemys martial art masters arrival, we need to be one step ahead by getting rid of Evil Monk and Amorous Nun, otherwise we will meet a disaster.

Grabbing his own head, Kou Zhong said, Have you ever thought that this matter is really strange? On the surface, basically Evil Monk and Amorous Nun dont even know that we are related to Baling Bang, they did not even know that after the killing we would slip away to Baling. Why do we always think that they clearly know our whereabouts and are ready to ambush us anytime?

This is purely some kind of almost supernatural intuition, Xu Ziling replied, I cant explain it.

Kou Zhong sighed and said, It is thus clear that the Secret to Long Life is indeed a Taoist treasure, plus in this aspect you are much more keener than I am. Simply because your state of mind is closer to real warrior cultivation. No! You are basically an authentic [orig. replacement guaranteed if not genuine] Ziling Zhenren [lit. true/real person, Taoist Master]. Hee! The only thing lacking is the Taoist robe. It would be best if you and that Shi Feixuan make a pair, and snatch away Hou Xibais heart of love. Ha!

Xu Ziling spoke in anguish, In time like this you are still talking nonsense.

This is not nonsense, Kou Zhong seriously replied, Supposing you really have this kind of supernatural intuition, we might as well exploit it to our advantage. For example, can you feel the approximate position of the enemy?

Xu Ziling was silent for half a day; he slowly shook his head and said, No! I simply have an ominous feeling. Thats all.

Kou Zhong rose up to his full height and said, Wed better conduct an experiment. Lets go around the city first, if it doesnt work, then well go out of the city. Supposing the feeling of danger in your heart is getting stronger, it will mean that we are getting closer to the enemy. I guarantee that this kind of investigative method has not been used since the dawn of time until today. It will be unimaginable, and it can kill the enemy unprepared.

Severely shaken, Xu Ziling said, We wont need to go around the city. Do you remember when we first came out of the city this morning, you asked me what am I thinking? I replied by asking you if you remembered Yang Xuyan; actually, that matter came later. At that time my feeling of danger was increasing substantially, my heart felt very uncomfortable. It was just like the feeling I got before Yang Xuyan mounted a sneak attack on us that day. That was the reason I was thinking of Yang Xuyan. But after we headed west, that singular sensation gradually disappeared.

Thanks foxs. I never said KZ loves SYZ. I just think they deserve each other if they did get together.

Oh no....something is happening back home...

Thanks foxs

Thanks, foxs.

thanks for a new one!

Thanks foxs.

Thanks foxs