Page 10 of 358 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: 大唐双龙传 [Da Tang Shuang Long Zhuan] by Huang Yi

Thanks for the update Foxs.

You had a fire? Was it serious? Hope everyone is OK.

The boys' inner power is already so amazing. Cant wait to see them progress further.

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs

Hey foxs, I live down south near SeaTac.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahoxan View Post
    Foxs, thanks for the great translations.

Just a guess...

A moat surrounds a structure (castle) to be protected.
    When war & siege comes...
    ... the enemies destroy the moat to storm the castle.
    i.e. fishies in the moat die.
    Quite close, Ahoxan. Good guess.

Saying attributed to Du Bi from Qi of the Northern Dynasties (550 -557).
    "When the gates of the city are on fire, the fish in the moat will suffer". (.... 城门失火,殃及池鱼).

A case of collateral damage, so to speak.

Default Book 1 - Chapter 11, Part 3

Jaya, too bad they seriously lacked experience and good coach. Ahoxan, DongBin, thanks, I'll include the info into my source file. Sky, thanks for the email too. HPC, Anh, Zlack, you are welcome. Strawberry, Tukwila? Or farther south?

This concludes Book 1. I will try to catch up during Christmas break.

Hurriedly he pulled the other two aside to hide behind a big tree in an alley across the street. By this time Kou Zhong and Susu have also seen the men. They all held their breath in fear.

Why havent Li Dage returned? Susu said, With him here, we have nothing to fear.

The two boys were also wondering, Li Jing only wanted to buy some blades, there was no reason he would take such a long time.

Overwhelmed with horror, Xu Ziling said, Within this bunch of hooligans, there are two or three that look like they belong to the same gang, plus they carry weapons. I am afraid they dont have any good intention.

Kou Zhong said in a low voice, If we have sabers, we need not fear them, but we must never take their blades. Although our martial art skill is high, I am afraid the first level of Nine Mysteries Power is not enough to withstand weapons, especially necks are so frail.

Dont say that! Susu shrieked, Ay! Where is Li Dage?

Right this moment, from the other end of the alley someone staggered along in their direction, it was precisely Li Jing.

The three people were scared out of their wits and rushed over. As soon as Li Jing saw them, his legs gave up and he collapsed to the ground.

Like an arrow Kou and Xu, two boys darted forward and propped him up from left and right.

Susu nearly threw herself into Li Jings bosom, but when her hands touched his clothes, she was aghast to find that her hands were soaked with blood.

Li Jings face was completely devoid of any blood; strenuously, he said in low voice, Five men from Du Fuweis team of martial art masters Law Enforcement Regiment have come. I killed four of them, but one escaped. You dont have to worry about me, just run away immediately, otherwise it will be too late.

Susu waved her hands and feet frantically, Where is the blood-clotting powder? We must stop Dages bleeding first.

Kou Zhong knew the situation was critical, he pointed to one of the backdoors nearby. Together with Xu Ziling they helped Li Jing toward the door, pushed the door open by force, and took refuge in someones rear courtyard. Susu quickly pushed the wooden door closed again.

The courtyard was overgrown with weed, apparently the residents of this house have left earlier.

By this time Li Jing has already fallen into a semi-conscious state. The three people did not have time to observe propriety. They broke into the house, lay Li Jing on a long table, and took off his clothes. To their surprise they found out that he had at least seven wound, the deep ones reached his bones, the shallow ones cut into his flesh. Fortunately, except for the most critical saber cut on is torso, the other cuts were either on his back, arms or thigh. Apparently the battle was very dangerous and very intense.

In this critical situation Kou Zhong was not flustered, Xiao Ling, go find blood-clotting medicine, I will try to get a horse cart. Either by stealing, robbing or swindling, dont care about it too much. Well leave as soon as it is dark.

Susu was busy examining and cleaning up the wound with tears streaming down her face. The three people looked at each other, they all determined to save Li Jings life. Then the two boys left separately.

With great difficulty Xu Ziling managed to find a drugstore and bought some blood-clotting powder. When he was rushing back, he came face to face with the group of thugs they saw earlier. Xu Ziling noticed that every single one of them carried either a sword or a saber; they looked fierce and menacing. Busily he raised his collar and continued walking briskly with head hung low.

As they past each other, he was recognized by one of the men who received a beating from him. Its him! the man shouted.

Qiang! Qiang! the sound of the evil thugs sword leaving its sheathe lingered in the air, the other pedestrians were so scared that they scattered like flying chicken or running dogs.

Xu Ziling did not have even a cun of weapon in his possession; even if he did, he would not dare to fight so many people. He yelled and ran like mad along the street.

The evil thugs ran after him in hot pursuit.

Xu Ziling and Kou Zhong could be considered experts in running away. When they were in Yangzhou, every time they were defeated, they had to rely on their two feet to save their lives. This time, turning to the left and winding to the right, fully utilizing the other pedestrians as barrier between him and the pursuing troops, he ran faster and faster away.

He felt the warm stream inside his body was circulating endlessly. The sole of his left foot was steaming hot, while the sole of his right foot was icy-cold. The more he ran, the more he felt comfortable. His mind was as calm as the still water; he even nearly forgot the enemy.

By the time he rounded a bent and entered a small alley, he had left the bunch of thugs far behind that he could not even see them.

Xu Ziling made another circle before returning to their safe house. When he arrived, Susu was waiting for him while her heart was burning with anxiety.

The two of them scrambled with their hands and feet to apply the blood-clotting powder onto Li Jings wounds and wrapped the wounds well. By the time they finished dressing the wounds, it was already dusk. They also put clean clothes on him.

Although Li Jing was still unconscious, his breathing was slow and even, so that they were a bit relieved.

Susu said, Fortunately Li Dages wounds have the capability to automatically shrink to stop the bleeding, otherwise it would be even worse. Ay! Why havent Xiao Zhong come back yet?

Xu Ziling did not say anything. He took out the treasured saber that Li Jing carried. Walking to the middle of the room, he practiced the saber technique Li Jing taught him on his own initiative, the one Li Jing names Bloody Battle Ten Styles.

When Li Jing first taught them the saber technique, he did not have too deep of comprehension and perception. But now that Li Jing was seriously hurt and powerful enemy loomed outside, his heart was boiling with grief, indignation, and desperation. He only felt that each step each chop was a move with which he fought for his life. Temporarily he was in a no-self, no-consciousness state.

From the first move, Two Armies Encamped Face-to-face, followed by Exposing the Tip of the Fire Beacon, Light Cavalry Charges Ahead, Feeling the Pocket and Taking Something Out, One Battle and Success is Achieved, Acting on Overbearing, Stirring Emptiness, Troops without Regular Power, Life or Death, Exist or Perish, Unyielding and Escaping, until the tenth style, Ruler Overlooking the World; he felt that every move was going smoothly and easily.

From the tenth style he was going to start over from the first one when suddenly Susu yelled at him, Xiao Ling, stop it!

Xu Ziling was stunned and stopped abruptly. He saw Susu was standing in front of Li Jing, shielding him; her face was blue her lips white. Your saber seemed to emit hot wind; its extremely frightening.

Xu Ziling stared blankly in amazement; why didnt he feel it, he wondered. It seemed that his Nine Mysteries Great Method could be considered progressing a bit more. Only if he really met an enemy, would he be able to put it to good use?

Bang! Kou Zhong slammed the door open and came in. Mule cart is here, lets go! he cried out.

The two people were greatly delighted. Without even asking how he managed to get a mule cart, they lifted Li Jing up using belts wrapped around his body, and loaded him onto the mule cart waiting in the courtyard, on top of piles of straw. Susu embraced him in her arms.

Kou Zhong drove the mule cart, from the back door they followed the alley and turned into the street, just as more than a dozen other mule carts and horse carts, carrying men, women, young and old, were heading toward the county town gate. Kou Zhong was greatly delighted, he steered the cart into the middle of the pack, hoping to pass off fish eyes for pearls, and slip out of the county town.

Xu Ziling had Li Jings treasured saber inside its scabbard lying on his knees. He said in a low voice, Just now I practiced Li Dages Bloody Battle Ten Styles; it was really fun. Jiejie even said that my saber emitted hot wind!

Looks like the Nine Mysteries Skill Niang taught combined with those ghost diagrams from the Secret to Long Life can become formidable martial art, Kou Zhong commented, Ay! Too bad we only have one saber. Otherwise with a pair of sabers working together in harmony we could be matchless under the heavens.

Xu Ziling laughed, Go to your Niang! he swore, Oh, no! Wont that be go to my Niang as well? You, this kid, always love to boast and to praise yourself. Compared to Niang and Yuwen Huaji, our skills differ too far. Handling a few bullies is still alright, but if

Kou Zhong laughed bitterly and said, Precisely like you said. Look! The bullies are coming. Shall we go or not?

Following his gaze, Xu Ziling saw close to twenty local ruffians were mingling among the county officers by the county town gate, inspecting the carts and pedestrians going out of town, but they had not seen them.

The two boys countenance became very ugly.

Gnashing his teeth, Xu Ziling said, Ill draw them away!

Kou Zhong was shocked, If you die, what am I going to do? he asked.

Xu Zilings eyes flickered with cold rays. I wont die, he confidently assured him, You go about half a li outside the city and wait for me.

Kou Zhong knew it was the only way. I wont leave without you, he said grimly, If I dont see you, I will go back and stake my life with them.

By this time Susu also knew something was not right; terrified, she said, No, wed better find a place to hide!

Xu Ziling shook his head resolutely, If we tolerate these thugs, we lose a good opportunity to deal with them. If that bunch of Du Fuweis law enforcement murderers came, we will lose our lives. So this is our only chance.

Be careful! Kou Zhong said.

Xu Ziling took out the treasured saber, left the scabbard behind, and jumped off the cart.

Kou Zhong and Susu watched as Xu Ziling courageously dashed toward the enemy; the two peoples heart almost got caught in their throat.

The evil thugs also caught sight of Xu Ziling. Shouting and yelling, they drew their weapons and swarmed forward.

Carrying Li Jings treasured saber, Xu Ziling turned toward the big street by the city wall.

The convoy of carts and carriages immediately increased their speed to get out of the county town as quickly as possible. Kou Zhong and Susu felt as if their heart was twisted and was set on fire as they had to endure quietly and urged their mule to get out of town.

As they watched those nearly twenty evil thugs chasing Xu Ziling, eventually Kou Zhong and Susu could not hold back their tears.

The instant they passed the city gate, they saw Xu Ziling turned around and charged wildly toward the pursuing enemy.

Susu screamed. The mule cart was out of town.

Thanks foxs!

Thanks foxs

Thanks, foxs.

Another cliffhanger. :-)

This guy rocks and everybody should know it!

Thanks Foxs.

We are only in Book 1 and I'm a little lost with all the characters already. Too many!!

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs

Default Book 2 - Chapter 1, Part 1

Fu, HPC, Anh, Spy, you are welcome. Jaya, but it wasn't me, Huang Yi wanted you guys to continue reading. Mr. Weird, as you can see below, too bad they seriously lacked experience. I mean, knowing theory is one thing, applying it in real life is another thing altogether. But ... since they are the title characters, I am sure somehow they'll make it. Sky, don't worry, so far Huang Yi introduced a lot of characters, but most simply vanished. I don't know if they will reappear. I am trying to post the second half before the end of the day tomorrow (my day, that is ...).

Book 2 Chapter 1 The Wily Old Fox
    Translated by Foxs

In an instant Xu Zilings mind, body and spirit entered into an unprecedented state.

He felt his mental and physical have fused into one entity, which was then transformed into some kind of transcending-the-ordinary surge of energy.

His eyes brightened, as he charged fearlessly into a clump of ten or so thugs head on. He even felt that he could react a tad faster than they were able to move. Plus he could indistinctly feel the angle and the timing of each weapon as it came, as well as the opening in each attack. He felt that could even tell which enemy was strong and which one was weak.

Too bad he did not know how to exploit this fantastic newly-found ability.

The heat stream had started to flow from the sole of his left foot, going up.

The first to arrive was obviously the strongest evil thug, who brandished a big hatchet in his hand from right to left, hacking at Xu Zilings face. Before the hatchet arrived, the gust of wind from the hatchet and the whistling noise as the hatchet split the air have already piercing his skin and his ears; with his new-found sensitivity, everything felt as if it was amplified several times.

The Bloody Battle Ten Styles that Li Jing taught flashed through his mind like a lightning or a flint spark. Without thinking he launched the move Exposing the Tip of the Fire Beacon, the treasured saber swept

Ding! The hatchet and the saber collided.

Xu Ziling did not expect he really could chop the enemys hatchet. While he was overjoyed, the man twisted his hatchet with great force, the treasured saber flew off Xu Zilings hand.

Xu Ziling was so scared that he felt his soul flew out of his body; he did not foresee that although he knew exactly the opponents follow-up move, but he had no idea how to deal with it. Unexpectedly just one exchange, and he already lost his weapon.

The big hatchet arrived again. Two other enemies also came from his left and right, one using a saber, the other using an iron chain, both were aimed mercilessly toward his body; they did not hold their hands at all just because Xu Ziling was a young kid.

In this critical moment, Xu Ziling saw a gap. Instead of retreating, he lunged forward and rolled on the ground. To his shock, however, he rolled past these two men just to enter the enemys encirclement.

As the first three enemies attack missed its target, their own momentum carried them two more steps forward before they managed to stop and turn around.

The other men immediately swarmed in. Xu Ziling sprang up, only to see from left, right and center, three directions, sabers flickered and swords flashed. He had no choice but to step backward.

Bang! His back crashed onto the city wall. Not able to retreat anymore, he dropped down along the wall and fell sitting on the ground.

First of all Xu Ziling remembered Kou Zhong; and then he remembered his Niang, followed by Susu and Li Jing.

While in his heart he was crying out his goodbye, something flashed in front of his eyes.

Someone wearing tall hat, around fifty years of age, with countenance that looked old and clumsy, a bit like a dead person, suddenly dropped from the sky, exactly in between the evil thugs, who were charging wildly, and he. The man even had time to squat down, and showed a warm smile to Xu Ziling, a smile that did not match his weird countenance at all.

Right this moment two sabers, one sword and one chain, because the wielders were not able to hold back, were striking the mans back. But four men screamed miserably with blood spurting out of their mouth as they were thrown backward, while their weapons were stuck onto this strange mans back.

The other evil thugs have never seen such a brilliant martial art skill; overwhelmed with shock, they scattered away; but they still managed to maintain their encirclement.

The man patted Xu Zilings forehead and helped him to stand up. He even dusted Xu Zilings clothes with absolute tenderness and attention.

The four men that were shaken by him were still lying motionless on the ground. It seemed like their condition was not promising at all.

The man showed another glimmer of smile as he spoke in tender voice, You are Xu Ziling, arent you?

Xu Zilings mind went blank; he simply nodded with a blank expression on his face.

One of the evil thugs behind him called out, Friend, from which way are you?

A hint of grim smile appeared on the corner of the mans mouth. Because he had his back against those men, only Xu Ziling was able to see this. He suddenly had a nagging feeling in his heart that this man, who seemed to be making his move from a sense of justice, was not a good person at all.

The man reached back and swiped, the weapons stuck on his back were wrapped in his palm, which was wider than average persons, without any fear of the sharp edges of the sabers and swords. As if nothing had happened, he said, I am Du Fuwei. When you, gentlemen, see Yan Huang [King Yama, King of Hell], you must not forget it.

It was as if a thunderbolt echoed in Xu Zilings mind, wasnt Du Fuwei the top leader of Huai River militia, Li Jings former master? He had just led his army to take over Liyang, causing everybody to flee for their lives; how did he suddenly appear here, alone? Not only he saved Xu Zilings life, he even knew Xu Zilings name?

While these thoughts were running wild in his mind, Du Fuwei flew backward in lightning speed, slamming himself onto a man who was standing about a zhang away behind him.

The man immediately spurted blood as he was thrown back violently; his entire body exploded with the sound of bones breaking and flesh splitting.

At this moment the rest of the evil thugs deeply regretted that their mom and dad did not give birth to them with more than two legs as they scattered in all directions for their lives.

Du Fuwei waved his left hand, the four weapons in his hand flew out to the left and separately embedded themselves into four mans back. His method was frighteningly cruel, but his accuracy really rendered other people speechless.

Xu Ziling thought that if he did not take this opportunity to flee, what was he waiting for? Thereupon he lifted his feet and ran toward the city gate.

Incessant miserable screams followed him from behind.

Du Fuweis cruelty in killing his victims broke Xu Zilings courage that he did not have the guts to even look back. Very soon he ran into the mass of refugees scrambling against each other to get out of the city. Ducking to the left and squeezed himself to the right, very soon he reached the official road leading out of town.

Right now his only hope was to find Kou Zhong, and then together they would run far, far away, never again to see that Prince of the Devils.

Suddenly Du Fuweis frightening voice echoed right next to his ears, Xiao Xiongdi, your feet are really fast!

Xu Ziling turned his head around, but after glancing to the left and right, he still did not see Du Fuwei. Suddenly he noticed that all around him people were looking above him with terror-stricken expression on their faces. Xu Ziling came to realize something so scary that his soul flew away and scattered.

Du Fuwei landed behind him and grabbed his back. Five streams of qi entered his body via his back.

At first Xu Ziling lost all his strength, but then the sole of his left foot starting to heat up, followed by the sole of his right foot cooling down; unexpectedly he recovered enough strength to struggle.

Huh? Du Fuwei was surprised, and then he sent more true qi into Xu Zilings body.

Kou Zhong steered the mule cart into a wooded area by the road. He jumped down the cart.

Susu asked in horror, Where are you going?

Kou Zhong came over to Susu. First he looked down to see Li Jing, who was still unconscious and lying in Susus bosom, and then he looked up and said seriously, I believe Xiao Lings situation is more dire than good. Right now I am going to go back to avenge him. Jiejie should drive the cart deep into the woods. Wait for Li Dage to wake up, then you can think of a way to escape.

On an impulse he took all the silver out of his pocket and placed it in the cart before turning around and left, ignoring Susus tender call.

He ran back to the main road, and rushed toward the city gate against the flow of people going out of town. Tears constantly poured down his face. His steps were getting faster and faster.

Although all around him people and carts were fighting against each other over their share of the roadway, but to him all of these were not his concern. It was as if he and those people lived in two totally different universes.

Nobody could understand heartfelt and genuine brotherly love between Xu Ziling and him.

Thanks Wily Young Fox/s
    Last edited by Zlack; 12-20-14 at 04:47 PM.

Thanks, foxs.

Is this Du Fuwei a friend or a foe to the two? Or perhaps he will just disappear in the story as fast as he appeared. Looking forward to the next post.

Thanks foxs

Thanks Foxs!

Again, love the brotherly bond btwn XZL & KZ.

Thanks foxs