Thread: 大唐双龙传 [Da Tang Shuang Long Zhuan] by Huang Yi

星际浪子》里的爱情,《封神记》里的爱情,经常是几万年、七百万个地球年,我们再相遇。我觉得 男女之间的 感情古今如一。我们回头看以前的情诗,感受是一样深的,像还君明珠双泪垂,恨不相逢未嫁时 。当然那时候 的还君明珠现在是结婚证书。但真正的爱情的本质,由古到今都是一样的东西,是我们永远 不会明白的。
    The love in 星际浪子/Interstellar prodigal and 封神记/Apotheosis, are always thousands and even million of years, and then we met again. I think affection between man and woman are the same in ancient and modern time. When we look back at the ancient love poem, our feelings are deep in the same way. Such as 还君明珠双泪垂,恨不相逢未嫁时 When I return the pearl to don, tears come down from two eyes. how I wish that we can met before I got marry. The nature of true love is the same from ancient to modern time, something we (can feel) but never understand.

note to above section:星际浪子/Interstellar prodigal and 封神记/Apotheosis are two of Huang Yi's best Science fantasy fiction. I have read some critics using Searching for Qin to assess HY as author of Sci Fan fiction, I can only lol.

missing in translation:当然那时候 的还君明珠现在是结婚证书。Of course at that time it is 还君明珠return Don your pearl, and now is marry certificate.

Thanks foxs! That was a great fight!

《云梦城之谜 》是我写给孩子看的,一个很浪漫的故事。武侠的味道不是很强,它要讲的其实只是命运。我把它和 中国的古代神 话结合在一起,和娥皇、女英有关,也可以说是一个 尝试。我希望从中可以找到新的小说美感。
    云梦城之谜/The mystery of Yun Meng City is a romantic story I wrote fro younger readers, the taste of wuxia is not very strong, It actually is about fate, I mingle it with Chinese ancient myths it is related to Ehuang, Nuying, it can be said as an experiment, I hope we can find sense of beauty from the new fiction.

Note to above section: There is a story of Ehuang, Nuying, that is related to wuxia fiction. They are daughters of Yiu (Di) and both wives of Shun (Di), at one time they live in the area of Sung Shan, the two sisters live in two hill and later, the hill the elder sister live was call Tai Shut Shan/Senior Wife Hill and the younger Siu Shut Shan/Junior Wife Hill.

And in most Wuxia, we have Siu Lam Temple which is located in the Siu Shut Shan/Junior Wife Hill.

中国很多传说,《山海经》、《封神演义》、《世说新语》,有很多资源可以被我们拿来重新使用。
    A lot of Chinese legend, 山海经/Shan Hai Jing/ The Classic of Mountain and Sea, 封神演义/ Feng Shen Yen I/nvestiture of the Gods, and 世说新语/Shih-shuo hsin-yu/New Anecdotes of Social Talk. A lot of resources that we can take and reuse.

Missing in translation: This line should come before last section.

我写完《寻秦记》之后再没有写过穿越。在《寻秦记》中,穿越不是最重要的,只是一个手段,制造 一种处境。小 说中真正引人入胜的地方是历史。从《大唐双龙传》到《边荒传说》,可说是历史武侠的极限.
    After I finish 寻秦记/Searching for Qin/asitp I have never write Chun yue/past through, In Searching for Qin pass through is not the most important thing, it is only a mean to create a circumstances, the most attractive part is history. From Da Tang to Bien Fong, it can say that (I have push ) the historic wuxia to a (new) extreme.

而到了《封神记》 、我最新的小说(《日月当空》),完全是科幻和武侠的结合。与此前的小说完全不同。
    When I come to 封神记/Apotheosis and my latest fiction 日月当空/sun and moon in the sky. they are completely Sci-fi and wuxia merge together, and are different from fiction before.

Note: agree with 封神记/Apotheosis, not sure with 日月当空/sun and moon in the sky because so far I find it is yuen wan.

属于我们时代的武侠
    我不在意我的书是全本还是删节本。《寻秦记》在内地、台湾就是删节本,在香港修订本、完整本都 有得卖。
    Wuxia that belong to our era.
    I don't mind if my book are full edition or abridge version. Searching for Qin published in Mainland Land and Taiwan are all abridge version, and in Hong Kong, you can buy revised version and full edition.

foxs, seen another (modern day) example whereby they still practise writing from *right-to-left* :
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/1922410_606673932753704_1802235989_n.jpg?oh=0def9b c9c51a62b383de2cf57e4ac1ea&oe=57E120D7&__gda__=147 4037728_083cacea4c67a01546c66c06affba06f')

And it's 博多千年 for anyone wishing...
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

Default Book 12 Chapter 7 - Part 1

Xiaohu, HPC, DongBin, Jaya, Ysabel, Abhay, Sky, you are welcome. Akolaw, thanks for sharing. Xu Xiong, AFAIK, there are still quite a number of signboards like that. I've seen some at the US Chinatowns.

Book 12 Chapter 7 Chance Encounter with Stunning Beauty

Three shadows leaped down from a giant boulder about three zhang tall, none of them was lucky enough to escape falling into knee-deep grass, gasping for breath, and unable to get up.

Xu Ziling was exhausted from the bitter fight plus he suffered injuries; after running away for close to two sichen, he was approaching the dried-out-oil-lamp condition.

Ba Fenghan was seriously injured to begin with; after spending quite a bit of true qi, he was weary and unable to stand.

Kou Zhongs condition was not any better. Earlier he was transmitting his internal energy to heal Ba Fenghan; when he heard Qu Aos laughter, in his anxiety he tried to increase his effort by rushing the flow of qi to open up Ba Fenghans blocked meridians. And then with excessive loss of energy he had to run for such a long distance; so now he was simply too tired.

Kou Zhong forced himself to roll so that he was facing the sky; scanning the area around, he saw under the moon light that they were surrounded by endless ups and downs silhouette of mountain tops and wild ridges. With a bitter laugh he said, Are we lost? How come we still cant see the shadow of the city of Luoyang?

Gasping for breath, Ba Fenghan said, I looked at the stars in the sky to navigate our way, I am sure we are not lost; we ought to at least reach the south bank of the Great River.

Xu Ziling shouted in low voice, Get up and train!

What? Kou Zhong and Ba Fenghan blurted together.

Setting up an example, Xu Ziling struggled as hard as he could to sit up; although he was swaying and staggering, his voice was full of determination, Ol Ba was the one who said this: if what we are training is first-class martial art, the thing we must avoid at all cost is that when we are weary we abandon everything as if we are paralyzed. Therefore, we must grasp this rare opportunity to withstand the exhaustion with iron will. Do you understand?

Smiling ruefully, Ba Fenghan said, Xu Shifus admonition is correct. Copying Xu Ziling, he struggled to sit up.

Kou Zhong also struggled to get up, but raised his tiger-body even more; standing upright and unafraid, he said, To me, standing up is a bit more natural.

The other two did not have enough strength to pay him any attention; closing their eyes, they went into meditation.

They all understood that this was the only way to survive. If they could restore their spirit and physical strength, either fighting or escaping would be a lot more convenient.

In fact, it was a race of power and stamina.

Originally it was only people of Wanwan and Qu Aos caliber who could keep up with them, the others were left far behind. But they already wasted a lot of time by repeatedly stopping either to rest or to treat injuries, so the situation may have changed.

※ ※ ※

Just before dawn, Kou Zhong suddenly shouted loudly. When Xu Ziling and Ba Fenghan opened their eyes with a start, Kou Zhong was leaping in the air, the Moon in the Well struck down a strange bird flying overhead.

The two had just waked up from the deepest breathing exercise, so they did not know why Kou Zhong did what he did.

Squack! the strange bird cried out and flew sideways to evade toward the top of the sparse wood on the left.

Kou Zhong sent out a burst of finger wind from his left hand to strike the strange bird.

As if it had eyes on its back, the bird flapped its wing to fly diagonally up, but the tip of its left wing was still swept by Kou Zhongs finger wind. Uttering a sad cry, like a drunk it fell into the forest.

As if he was fighting an archenemy, Kou Zhong pursued into the forest.

Meeting Ba Fenghans questioning look, Xu Ziling said, I remember now. That must be the feathered beast raised by Shen Luoyan especially for finding the enemy; it was extremely mystical.

Ba Fenghans countenance changed, That means Li Mi has more or less grasp our location, hence he released the strange bird in this area to look for us.

Xu Ziling silently examined his condition, and found out that he has recovered about sixty, seventy-percent of his strength; the weariness has gone completely. Hows your condition? he asked.

Sneering, Ba Fenghan said, Outside the Great Wall, I dont know how many times I have been injured; at least it was ten times more serious than this. Its nothing!

This moment Kou Zhong came back, disgruntled and upset. It slipped away, he said hatefully, But it wont fly too far; that feathered beast relies on two wings to obtain balance, but since one side is wounded, it will be like us turning crippled. Ha!

The two smiled without saying anything.

By dawn, the three felt their spirit rose, as if they had just regained their lives and felt wonderful.

Returning the saber to its scabbard, Kou Zhong said with a laugh, Which way?

Ba Fenghans eyes flashed with cold rays; turning his gaze to the north, he said, Well go down to the Great River first, and then well find a way to get a boat to save our leg muscles!

※ ※ ※

The three men gave it all as they unleashed their qinggong, while using the hiding-their-track technique, to cover several dozen of li of distance to the north. The sun has not reached its zenith yet when they slowed down to preserve their physical strength and true qi, while looking around to examine their surroundings.

Pointing to the northwest, Ba Fenghan said, Luoyang and Yanshi should be that direction, but if we ran along a straight line, it would be strange indeed if we did not enter into the enemys inescapable net.

Kou Zhong was visibly moved; he said, In that case, lets go to Yanshi first!

Naturally Xu Ziling knew that he wanted to go to Yanshi in search of Wang Shichong, in order to offer him advice on how to deal with Li Mi.

Ba Fenghan, on the other hand, was slightly surprised, Didnt you want to go to Luoyang in a hurry?

A bit awkward, Kou Zhong replied, One of the reasons I want to go to Luoyang is to look for Wang Shichong, but I heard Li Mi said that he was leading his troops to Yanshi city. Since we are on our way over there, I want to talk to him a little bit!

Ba Fenghan laughed involuntarily, Dont invent crazy nonsense! he said, Do you think I dont know that you, Zhong Shao, want to kill using borrowed knife? Just like Ziling, I dont give a d@mn about this vying-over-the-world business; but since we know each other, and I have nothing important to attend to, coming with you to join the fun is not a big deal.

Kou Zhong was happy, I didnt know you are such a true friend.

By this time the three of them were staring to climb on a hill; they saw a small village down below with several dozens of homes, but there was no liveliness, apparently it was an abandoned village.

In this age of chaos, abandon villages like this one could be seen anywhere, so nothing surprising here.

But Ba Fenghan suddenly halted his steps and spoke in low voice, Somebodys in the village!

Following him, Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling also stopped; concentrating their attention, they noticed that all doors and windows were shut tight, the buildings were dilapidated with the paint peeled off. There was really not much different to the abandoned villages they had seen previously.

Xu Ziling nodded and said, I am having similar feeling, like something is not right. Ol Ba, what did you find?

Ba Fenghan replied heavily, I just saw a flicker from the crack of one of the windows; must be an eye reflecting the light. I am so sure about it.

Grabbing his head, Kou Zhong said, Who could it be?

Perhaps somebody who has nothing to do with us, Xu Ziling tried to analyze, If it were Shen Luoyan or Yin Gui Pai people, why so sneaky?

Xiao Ling is right, Kou Zhong said, So what are we going to do? Shall we make a detour?

Ba Fenghan smiled and said, Since he is contending for the hegemony over the world, Zhong Shaos guts have become smaller. But being careful has its own pros and cons; if we take a detour and bump into the enemy instead, it is not worth it.

Kou Zhong laughed aloud and said, Enough thinking and bullsh1tting, lets go!

Taking the lead, he ran down the slope.

※ ※ ※

Everyday I look into this post. And only if foxs is posting new chapter I feel like my body is recharged with qi. Thanks foxs.

Thanks, foxs.

Thanks foxs

Thanks Foxs.

Quote Originally Posted by wangxiaohu View Post
    Everyday I look into this post. And only if foxs is posting new chapter I feel like my body is recharged with qi. Thanks foxs.
    +1! Thank you Foxs for building up my internal energy

Quote Originally Posted by chowbeng View Post
    +1! Thank you Foxs for building up my internal energy
    The Micro Cosmic Orbit of Foxy Qi! An important routine practice for most of us. Thks foxs.

我是比较受西方影响,不觉得一夫多妻,逢场作戏,这种感情有什么问题,其实这样的描写更符合那 个封建历史时 代。《寻秦记》的朝代和我们这个时代是不一样的。那是一个男尊女卑的时代,当一个现代人去到古 代,会怎样变 化呢?这是《寻秦记》其中一个吸引人的地方。
    I am somehow affected by western influence, I don't have a problem with polygamy and find amusement when the occasion arises, is there any problem with this feeling. In fact, this description is more in line with the feudal history of the times. The era of Searching for Qin is different from modern era. that is a time men enjoy higher status than women. When a modern man travel back to ancient time, how will he change ? this is one of the attractive point of Searching for Qin.

Thanks, foxs.