Thread: 大唐双龙传 [Da Tang Shuang Long Zhuan] by Huang Yi

foxs: 風塵三俠

Thks foxs.

Thanks foxs

I read the tang fiction decades ago, and now recall by memories, the title is tang ren zhuan ki, which compose of many short fictions by different writers, the title of this particular story is kou yin huk zhuan, and 風塵三俠 is how they were called together.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
    Shi Feixuan sounds like another Wanwan. No doubt she's another great beauty who may surpassed Wanwan in looks and skills.
    Didn't Hou Xai (the guy with the fan) explicitely said that Wanwan looks and talent are equal with Shi Feixuan's?

Thanks foxs..

Quote Originally Posted by TrashTzar View Post
    Didn't Hou Xai (the guy with the fan) explicitely said that Wanwan looks and talent are equal with Shi Feixuan's?
    You mean Hou Xiu Bai?

Romance of Sui and Tang: 隋唐演義
    Biography of the Dragon-Beard Man: 虬髯客傳

Quote Originally Posted by wangxiaohu View Post
    You mean Hou Xiu Bai?
    Yeah this guy, couldnt remeber his name thanks!

Perhaps to help jolt our references of faces and bodies, under a minute, I like how this Korean lady moves/skates :
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

Default Book 13 Chapter 2 - Part 1

Jaya, Ysabel, HPC, DongBin, Anh, you are welcome. Sky, I understand your sentiment. CFT, at first I had no idea what you are referring to, but a few seconds later I got it. Thanks to you and Akolaw. You guys are very good. Those stories are so ancient that there are a lot of characters that I don't understand. Xiaohu, Trash, to be precise: Hou Xibai. Xu Xiong, sometimes I have no idea what you are talking about. But then again, I don't watch youtube.

Book 13 Chapter 2 The Path of the Ruler

Kou Zhong focused his attention to look; he could not help thinking that like a father like a child.

This man was at least seventy-percent similar to Dugu Ce, only he appeared to be a few years older, but still outstandingly handsome, plus he had the magnificent bearing that Dugu Ce lacked. Therefore, anybody would be able to guess that he was the leader of the Dugu Clan, Dugu Feng.

He was the kind of person that as soon as one took a glance on him, one would know that he was a very ambitious person, someone who would not have any scruple in killing others.

Although he was wearing a smile on his face, there was a murderous air around him. He was of medium height, but there was an obvious lofty quality of extraordinary capability. Not only that, he also carried a straightforward and powerful manner, which displayed his strong confidence in himself.

This moment his pair of eyes, his eagle-beak nose and the firm and persistent corner of his mouth exuded a distinct and contrasting sharp expression, as his gaze moved from Wang Shichong to Kou Zhong. Kou Zong felt his face was burning, so that he knew that Dugu Feng was worthy to be the leader of the Dugu Clan. His power was not inferior to Du Fuwei, Li Mi and those martial art masters of the same caliber.

Everybody halted their horses. The vanguard at the front understood their role; they separated to both sides of the road, so that their master could have a dialogue with the opposite party without any barrier.

Wang Shichong laughed aloud and said, Dugu Zongguans [reminder: chief manager] words are too heavy. In the past few days there has been sighing wind and calling crane; I heard that not a few people wanted to take the head above my, Wang Shichongs neck. I, Wang Shichong, have always been greedy for life, afraid of death; therefore, going in and out the Capital I must have men protecting me, hence the reason I brought a few more men; how could I date to commit the crime of the troops pressing on toward the Palace City? I earnestly hope Feng Xiong would not block the Palace gate, and let me in to have an audience with Huang Taizhu [grand master the emperor] to make a report on military situation; otherwise, the Ol Wang would suspect that Feng Xiong already instigated mutiny and is holding Huang Taizhu under duress, and thus forcing me to direct the troops to besiege the City. If that happened, no one would have any benefit!

It was only that Kou Zhong realized how formidable Wang Shichong really was. Those words of his did not have any hole at all, so that nobody would be able to ward it off.

But Dugu Feng was not a lay practitioner of Buddhism either. Just by the fact that he was guarding the Palace gate alone was a clear display of his unfathomable scheme, which was equivalent to seeing one spot on the leopard.

Sure enough, Dugu Feng calmly took a step forward, smiled in a relaxed and easy manner, and said, Shichong Xiongs desire to lay on guilt is really formidable, how could Dugu Feng take it upon myself? The most ridiculous thing is that I, Dugu Feng, am earnest and sincere, yet I saw Shangshu Daren withdrew your troops and returned to the imperial court, so I came out specifically to welcome you; who would have thought that I was misunderstood by Zhengguo Gong [Duke of Zheng State]?

In just one sentence he had used three different appellations, from Shichong Xiong to Shangshu Daren to Zhengguo Gong; naturally it was without the slightest bit of sincerity, but with some kind of attitude that was difficult to guess, mixed with frigid irony and scorching satire, without any implication that he had any regard toward Wang Shichong.

Laughing involuntarily, Kou Zhong said, Since you have come to welcome us, why did previously Dugu Zongguan did not say that Shangshu Daren withdrew his troops to return to the imperial court, but said that we brought the troops pressing on toward the imperial city? Are you correcting yourself now?

Casting a contemptuous glance toward Kou Zhong, he laughed grimly without moving a single muscle on his face and said, This young boy is very brazen; I wonder since when did he become Shangshu Darens spokeperson?

But Wang Shichong was no less formidable; remaining tranquil and calm, he said, I have not introduced this gentleman, Mr. Kou Zhong, whom I hired back with a lot of gold and gift. In my, Wang Shichongs absence, he is in charge of Luoyangs affairs. Later on it will be more appropriate if you get to know each other better!

This time, even Lang Feng and the other people from Wang Shichongs side were shaken; they did not expect Wang Shichong to show such a high regard toward Kou Zhong.

Dugu Feng was stunned for half a day, before finally saying, Although Shangshu Daren has the right to pick any worthy person to assume responsibility, but such an important position, you must

Wang Shichong cut him off, This is precisely one of the reasons this officer wants to have audience with Huang Taizhu. Will Dugu Zongguan insist on blocking the Palace gate?

Dugu Feng laughed aloud and said, How can I? How can I? Shangshu Daren, please!

Unexpectedly he really withdrew to the side of the gate, and then with an exaggerated gesture he invited them to enter the gate.

Wang Shichong and Kou Zhong looked at each other in consternation; momentarily they did not know how to react.

The deep gate looked as if it would devour anybody who dared to enter into a bottomless hole.

※ ※ ※

After taking his leave from Liu Heita, Xu Ziling looked for a wine shop nearby, and ordered a pot of wine. After pouring himself a drink or two, tipsy feeling started to assault him, making him feeling like he wanted to have a good cry.

He has never been good with wine; although he was accustomed to be affected by Kou Zhongs keen interest, but he really was an amateur in this regard.

But now he wanted to drink until he passed out, so that he could forget the cruelty of the real situation, which he could not change anyway.

Liu Heitas pointing out that Xiao Xian was human trafficker has bored into his heart.

And now the matter between Susu and Xiang Yushan was like the rice that has already been cooked, plus a child was on his way; even if he killed Xiang Yushan, he would not help Susu the least bit.

Ay!

Xu Ziling poured another cup of wine down his throat before cradling his head on his arms on the table; he wanted to cry, but there were no tears.

This moment, only two of the tables in the restaurant were occupied, plus he deliberately chose a table near the corner, because he did not wish to attract undue attention from anybody else.

Come to think about if, all these misfortunes befell on Susu were brought by Li Jings heartless and lack of friendship.

Which part of Su Jie was not good? Yet he insisted on changing his affection, shifting his love.

Sound of footsteps approached.

Hearing the footsteps, immediately Xu Ziling remembered Li Shimins dragon gait and tiger steps; startled, he quickly looked up.

He saw a man wearing bamboo hat with a veil hanging down to shield the wearer from the sun. The man wore nondescript grey clothes. He was walking straight toward Xu Ziling. His steps were nimble yet powerful, carrying with him a wave of suffocating momentum, extremely intimidating.

Composing himself, Xu Ziling spoke in heavy voice, Qin Wang [king of Qin], please sit down.

The man was slightly taken aback; he stared blankly first before taking the seat across the table. Taking off his bamboo hat, he revealed a heroic and grand face. Greatly astonished, he said, Xu Xiong was able to see my face behind the veil?

Raising his hand, he called the waiter, Bring more wine!

Xu Ziling met his sharp gaze, the gaze that could penetrate the deepest secret in anybodys heart. He spoke indifferently, I merely recognized Shimin Xiongs footsteps!

Wine cup and wine pot arrived. Li Shimin poured some for Xu Ziling first before filling up his cup to the brim. He sighed and said, Not only Xu Xiong has a pair of sharp ears, your memory is also astonishing.

And then, toasting Xu Ziling, he said with a laugh, This cup is for meeting Xu Xiong again after a long period of separation.

Xu Zilings eyes were fixed on the clear wine inside the cup; reaching out, his finger lightly flicked on the rim of the cup, creating a crisp ringing noise. Did Li Jing ask Shimin Xiong to come to me? he said slowly.

Li Shimin smiled. Putting down his cup, he said gently, Xu Xiong misunderstood your Li Dage!

Xu Ziling spoke apathetically, If Shimin Xiong is here to talk on behalf of Li Jing, then let us stop at this point.

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs.

Will LSM try to recruit XZL?

Thanks foxs!

Thanks foxs

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    Xu Xiong, sometimes I have no idea what you are talking about. But then again, I don't watch youtube.
    Simply, ladies. Because you're happily married, you're not looking ? And because my girlfriend don't mind, I'm free to know about ladies who sing, dance... E.g. Chinese :
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

tang ren zhuan ki in Chinese 唐人传 奇.

I like 隋唐演義 as well.

Thks foxs.

Thanks, foxs.

Default Book 13 Chapter 2 - Part 2

HPC, spy, Ysabel, DongBin, Jaya, you are welcome. Sky, everybody wanted to recruit them. Xu Xiong, how would I know that you were talking about the women? Besides, I would not want to waste several minutes just to watch videos of some random women doing whatever they are doing. Akolaw, thanks for sharing, but I don't think I'll ever read those stories ... too difficult ...

Li Shimin was slightly startled; and then he laughed aloud and raised his wine cup and drained it in one gulp. After wiping the corner of his mouth with his sleeve, he spoke with an air of authority, Then well do it as Xu Xiong wishes! Besides, this kind of man-woman affair, how could we, as outsiders, care about it?

Forcing a smile, Xu Ziling said, This remark of yours is more formidable than talking straight; Li Shimin is worthy to be Li Shimin.

Li Shimins eyes gleamed brightly; he carefully looked at Xu Ziling for a while and then said with a sigh, Ziling Xiong has really changed a lot. In terms of outward appearance, poise, and imposing attitude, you are exuding confidence.

Xu Ziling replied indifferently, Shimin Xiong needs not praise me too much. Xu Ziling is nothing more than uncouth man of the mountain and fields, unlike Shimin Xiong, who is a dragon among men, who seized the rugged Guanzhong in order to raise your influence, slowly looking at the wind and the rain outside the Pass, staking everything against each other, and thus stabilizing your position as the overlord.

This time it was Li Shimins turn to smile wryly; shaking his head, he said, Ziling Xiong, please do not mock me. At best, I, Li Shimin, am merely a high-ranking military officer of the vanguard regiment in my father and brothers effort to take over the world; what overlord position are you talking about?

Xu Zilings pair of tiger-eyes shot a sharp, terrifying gleam, as he spoke in heavy voice, A pearl has always been a pearl; even if momentarily it is covered by grass, one day it will reveal its brilliance. How could Shimin Xiong be willing to accept an inferior status compared to others?

Li Shimin was silent for half a day, his eyes gradually brightened, followed by a grieved expression of dissatisfaction. He said in low voice, When I helped my humble father raising an army at Taiyuan that day, he promised us, brothers, that whoever could take down Guanzhong would be appointed his heir apparent. At that time he privately told me, This matter depends entirely on you standing with all your strength. If we succeed, naturally the merit will belong to you, and I certainly will establish you as the heir apparent. And then his eyes gleamed with cold rays as he continued, At that time I replied to him, The Emperor Yang is tyrannical, people are in a terrible situation, outstanding heroes are rising together, Child only wish to assist Die to overthrow the tyrant, to free the common people from the pain of being hanged upside down [i.e. extremely critical situation]. As for other things, Child does not dare to have any delusion.

Knitting his brows, Xu Ziling said, Since Shimin Xiong already has this way of thinking, why did just now you show a dissatisfied look?

Li Shimin dejectedly replied, Because I was afraid Dage would be just another Emperor Yang, then I would have been guilty of terrible crimes. Otherwise, even if my humble father is burdened by the promise he made to his wife, but since ancient times there is always this ancestral way of establishing the son of first wife as chief, and thus I have nothing to say.

Xu Ziling had a deep veneration toward Li Shimin in his heart. Because on the basis of his keen perception, when Li Shimin was telling him about all these things, he was expressing the truth, he was baring his bemoaning-the-state-of-the-universe-and-pity-the-fate-of-mankind heart.

Li Shimin suddenly stretched out his arm to grab Xu Zilings shoulder. His tiger-eyes penetrating deep into Xu Zilings soul, he said, I have always hidden this deep within my heart, and have never poured it out in front of anybody else. But seeing Xu Xiong today, I was unable to restrain my emotions and thus spoke it out. It even surprised myself. Or perhaps in my heart I have always regard you and Kou Zhong as my best friends!

Xu Zilings heart warmed up, but it also turned cold.

Warmed up because of Li Shimins friendly feeling, cold because of the thought that one day Kou Zhong and Li Shimin would face each other in the battlefield.

Well said! suddenly someone called out in low voice.

Startled, the two men looked up, only to see the only remaining guest in the wine shop, who was sitting on the opposite corner farthest away from where they were. He was having his back against them, as he poured wine and drank alone.

Li Shimin and Xu Ziling exchanged some glances; they were unable to hide the astonishment in their hearts.

This man obviously had just come in, but the two did not have any idea when. Plus when the two were talking, they used their internal energy to suppress their voices as much as possible and focused the sound so that it would not scatter outside. Furthermore, the opposite party was at least five, six zhang away from them. If he was really able to hear their exchange, it would mean that he must be a first-rate martial art master.

From the back, this person looked slim and elegant, exuding a confidence and suave aura. His long, shiny black hair was tied into a bun on top of his head. In short, he was very attractive.

Raising his voice, Li Shimin said, Was Xiongtais remark just now directed to Zaixia?

Without even turning his head, the man spoke indifferently, Theres only the three of us here, even the waiters have been dismissed by this Ol Qin. To whom did Li Xiong think my remark was addressed to?

Hearing that, Li Shimin and Xu Ziling looked at each other. A profound and unfathomable feeling appeared on their faces.

But his voice was deep; he spoke slowly, but it was extremely sweet sounding. It did not appear to be malicious.

It should be noted that Li Shimin was the most important figure of the Li Clan. About ninety-percent of Li Yuans rivers and mountains were won over by him. If his whereabouts was leaked out, who among the hostile major powers did not wish to get him?

Were it not for his trust toward Xu Ziling, he would never show himself. Just from this little fact, it was obvious that Li Shimin really regarded Xu Ziling as a good friend.

Focusing his power to listen, Xu Ziling found no unusual activity outside the wine shop. Feeling relieved, he spoke indifferently, Qin Xiong, why dont you come over to have a cup of wine?

The man calmly replied, Xu Xiong is too polite, but the Ol Qin has always been a recluse. Talking this way is actually more comfortable for me.

Li Shimin laughed aloud and said, There are many unconventional scholars in the world. May I ask how should we address Qin Xiong?

The man spoke slowly, Names and surnames are just artificial marks; two gentlemen can call me Qin Chuan!

More and more the two men felt that this man was not simple.

Xu Ziling said in astonishment, Please forgive me for talking too much, but Qin Xiong must be a follower of Buddha, or perhaps you are related [by karma] with the Buddhist way. I wonder if I have guessed wrong?

Stunned, Li Shimin looked at Xu Ziling; he was completely unable to make any sense of the matter, how could Xu Ziling make such an unexpected speculation just by looking at the persons back and hearing him said a few words?

However, without giving it the slightest bit of thought, Qin Chuan replied, Xu Xiongs perception is indeed extraordinarily brilliant. Just now, were it not for the Ol Qin entered in when Xu Xiong was crouching on the table, I am afraid I would not have escaped Xu Xiongs detection.

Li Shimin was shocked, Qin Xiong was trailing me? he asked.

Thanks foxs