Thread: 大唐双龙传 [Da Tang Shuang Long Zhuan] by Huang Yi

Thanks foxs. nice update. pity for Jinhuanzhen.

You Niaojuan was worthy to be called a martial art master of the ultra-demonic sect, ranked among the Eight Martial Art Masters of the Demonic Ways

Now I wonder what is that mean ???

just got back from travel for work and didn't have internet access, thank you for all these chapters foxs

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    [I]Hungry, thats what I dont like about Li Shimin; he was too power-hungry, who did not have any scruple in murdering his own family. Now, before any of you attack me for this statement, yes, I do know he was one, if not the greatest, emperor of China, and yes, I do know thats how politics is. But still
    ※ ※ ※
    I agree. The problem is that Li Shimin (in this story, not historically) brands himself as morally upstanding, especially by getting himself endorsed by holy woman and monks. While there is nothing wrong with his ambition, what's wrong is getting that ambition by murdering family, friends, good people. Shi Feixuan's willingness to endorse a murderer of good people shows she is a hypocrete as a holy woman.

Remember how Xu Ziling prevented Kou Zhong from letting Li Shimin's family know about Li Shimin's plans to get the Jade Annulus of the He Clan and usurp his crown prince brother?

Kou Zhong at least tries to limit his ruthlessness against those who have wronged him.
    Last edited by paonakata; 07-01-17 at 11:35 PM.

Thanks foxs!

"Shi Qingxuan rushed out of one of the caves, her face pale from the excessive loss of true power, but the ugly nose still maintained its original color and luster, it did not emulate the complexion of the rest of her face."

Well, the truth is finally revealed - FAKE NOSE. Glad to see how XZL and SQX's romance blossom.

Never cross my mind that there will be another update today. Thanks foxs, for brighten up my day.

Quote Originally Posted by shirak View Post
    "
    Well, the truth is finally revealed - FAKE NOSE. Glad to see how XZL and SQX's romance blossom.
    I hope Shi Feixuan and Shi QingXuan will kill each other for the sake of Xu Ziling hahaha. Just my imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Fox Tail View Post
    You Niaojuan was worthy to be called a martial art master of the ultra-demonic sect, ranked among the Eight Martial Art Masters of the Demonic Ways

Now I wonder what is that mean ???
    Besides those 4 devils, Zhu Yuyan, and you Fox Tail, the other two are still unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by hungryhero View Post
    I hope Shi Feixuan and Shi QingXuan will kill each other for the sake of Xu Ziling hahaha. Just my imagination
    Hungry...my imagination is a lot more wilder...

But I disagree with Xu Xiongs last comment, especially since beauty is indeed in the eyes of the beholder.
    Trouble is we can't see any of these characters, we've only descriptions (in a style which you don't particularly enjoy translating). And, anyway, I mostly remember their thoughts and actions.

So, the ladies here I've a fondness for are Shan Wanjing, Song Yuzhi, and perhaps Shi Qingxuan too after reading still more about her).

In competition terms, whomever the-2-boys marries wins ? Inferring that they marry the-most-beautiful (whatever that entails).

Keep in mind how Wang Yuyan in DGSD outranks manybut in revised edition was...
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

Quote Originally Posted by shirak View Post
    What did I say?

Quote Originally Posted by paonakata View Post
    Kou Zhong at least tries to limit his ruthlessness against those who have wronged him.
    Kou zhong is too nice to be emperor. He cried for susu for marying Xiang YS. In comparison, LSM show tears in his eyes, while letting his subordinate to kill Xu ziling, heartless.. Thats a lot of difference.
    Last edited by hungryhero; 07-03-17 at 06:45 AM.

Default Book 20 Chapter 10 - Part 1

Ysabel, Jaya, HPC, Spy, you are welcome. Hungry, Tail, Xiaohu, I dont think those four are all in the Eight. Paona, good point. Shirak, CFT, why cant Xu Ziling fall in love with an ugly Shi Qingxuan? Xu Xiong, I agree with the win part, but not necessarily because they were the most beautiful.

Book 20 Chapter 10 Demonic Emperor Shady[1] Empress

Following close behind Shi Qingxuan, Xu Zilings heart was full of questions.

Earlier he clearly heard she said that by sealing the exits, they would be buried with the dead, which clearly implied that the mechanism to control the gate must be located inside the cave. Once it was set in movement, even she herself would not have time to escape out, hence she would end up accompanying them in death.

But now Shi Qingxuan seemed to say that the switch was outside the gate, that closing the gate would be effortless and easy, which she would conveniently do as they were leaving.

The two statements were contradictory.

This moment Shi Qingxuan was crossing the entrance to the big cave where there was no bat in it; suddenly she looked back and signaled him with her eyes.

Xu Ziling was extremely smart; he understood immediately. It was all a ruse to lure the enemy.

He could not help feeling admiration. By playing down the situation, she wanted to lure the enemies intending to escape from the other exit to come back. Whether they would succeed, however, remained to be seen. Because in the din of the cave, although You Niaojuan had keen eyes and ears, he might not necessarily hear her.

The idea has not passed from his mind, he heard a swift gust of wind from behind.

Without even thinking, Xu Ziling twisted his body around and sent out a punch.

Bang!

By the time he felt something was not right, he discovered that his punch has hit You Niaojuans outer robe.

A flash of copper, You Niaojuan appeared on his left, the one-legged copper man swept toward him. It was extremely vicious, fierce, and overbearing.

Xu Ziling had nothing he could use, his only course of action was to sidestep, while crying Not good! inwardly.

Ding!

Shi Qingxuan floated like a breeze, her bamboo flute poked, struck, hacked and swept, her technique was exquisite, mysterious, obscure and amazing; she was able to hold You Niaojuan for a moment, so that Xu Ziling had the opportunity to strike back.

Knowing this was the critical moment, You Niaojuan unleashed the skill he had at the bottom of his chest; he threw the one-legged copper man toward Shi Qingxuan, while he took that opportunity to dash out of the cave.

When Shi Qingxuan dodged the steel man [Translators note: perhaps it was a typo, but sometime it was copper, another time it was steel], Xu Ziling already approached You Niaojuans back, and sent out a long-distance palm strike.

You Niaojuan suddenly sped up. Without even looking he sent out a backhanded palm strike to meet Xu Zilings palm, which was imbued with spiraling fierce energy.

Ah!

You Niaojuan spurted another mouthful of blood. Injury on top of injury, yet he disappeared on the stone steps.

Boom!

Only this moment did the one-legged copper man hit the wall, smashing the stone, creating a rain of crushed rocks. From this, it was clear the astonishing speed at which these fighting has been going on.

※ ※ ※

Kou Zhong woke up; still lying in bed, he opened his eyes, but in his heart he missed Xu Ziling.

He was really not used to spend his days without that guy; he missed someone with whom he could talk vulgar language, or just pour out his hearts troubles.

What on earth was he doing? Did he hasten on with his journey without stopping to sleep?

Because of his ambition in vying over the world, would in the end Xu Ziling distance himself from Kou Zhong, and travel far outside the country to pursue the way of life that he loved?

It does not matter whether one was the emperor, general, prime minister, a hero or a towering figure, life would always flash past like a snap of the fingers. Several years will pass just like a dream, fast and easy. Life is just the consequences of countless choices and experience. Kou Zhong just hated that he and his best Xiongdi had chosen different path, so that one day they would have to go their separate way.

There was a knock on the door.

Kou Zhong sighed inwardly and sprang up from the bed.

Xuan Yong voice came from outside the door, Sorry to disturb Shao Shuai, Qifei is back, and he has an urgent matter to report.

Kou Zhong immediately pushed everything out of his mind; he promptly shouted, Come in quickly!

※ ※ ※

The morning sun rose to the top of a small hill on the eastern mountain.

Xu Zilings palm left Shi Qingxuans jade back. He rose up to his full height and walked out of the forest in which they were hiding, and came to a small creek at the edge of the forest.

The water of the creek was exceptionally clear, the sunlight came at an angle to the water surface, reflecting his appearance. It was only then did he realize that he was still wearing Yue Shan mask. Hastily he took it off and stuffed it inside his pocket, before squatting down the by creek to scoop the water and drank several mouthfuls, while washing the dust and dirt from his face. A cool, delightful feeling entered his heart, washing away the exhaustion of repeated hard battle of the previous night.

This moment he started to have the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful scenery all around him.

This small forest spanned between two small hills, on a plain some distance away east of the strange mountain with the hidden cave full of bats. Surrounded by the clouds, the waist of the mountain appeared to be wearing a belt of cloud, or like a beautiful woman covering up half of her face. The small hills on both sides were full of flowers and fruit trees.

While he was contemplating whether he should pick a couple of fruits to eat his fill or wait for Shi Qingxuan to finish circulating her breathing before making his move, another reflection appeared on the water next to his own.

Xu Ziling smiled at the reflection on the water and said, Miss Shi recovered so fast, it is hard to believe.

Shi Qingxuan came to his side and carelessly kicked her shoes, revealing a pair of sparkling-and-translucent-like-jade delicate feet, and casually soaked the feet inside the ice-cold creek water, while putting her bamboo flute on the grass by her side. Gazing at the surface of the water, she spoke softly, Last night, why did you say that I was beautiful? Can this be considered beautiful?

Copying her, Xu Ziling gazed at his own reflection on the water; shrugging his shoulders, he spoke calmly, I have never thought about what is considered beautiful, what is considered not beautiful, its just that at that moment I saw Miss face had a layer of divine radiance on it, a beauty that cannot be produced locally, thereupon I expressed what I felt, blurted out words that were offensive to you. Miss Shi, please dont take offense.

Shi Qingxuan was silent for half a day, before speaking gently, Am I still that beautiful now?

Nodding his head, Xu Ziling said, The more I look, the more beautiful you are. This is a heartfelt word, not meant to fawn on you.

With slight anger in her voice, Shi Qingxuan said, Dont lie; you just saw through that my nose is fixed, am I right?

Xu Ziling smiled bitterly and said, I found out about that later. Miss must no be overly sensitive, Zaixia do not have any improper thought toward Miss at all.

Shi Qingxuan smiled slightly and said, I was thinking of letting you look at my appearance after I take off my fake nose, but since you say so, I am going to dispel this idea!

Xu Ziling was still smiling bitterly, but he no longer spoke.

Yet Shi Qingxuan was unwilling to let him off; turning her head around, she stared at him and said, Why are you smiling so ambiguously?

Xu Ziling calmly replied, Because I have just missed the opportunity to see with my own eyes the remarkably beautiful woman of the human world. Miss has incited great curiosity in my heart. Forget about other things, merely Miss flute skill, which is unparalleled in the world, is enough for Xiaodi never to forget it for as long as I live, and made me feel that my life is not in vain.

Shi Qingxuan spoke with delight, Your highest skill in coaxing a girl is what makes me never suspect your sincerity. Whats more strange is that last night you encountered so many strange things, yet you did not open your mouth to ask Qingxuan even half a word of question. Ay! What kind of person are you?

[1] Title chapter: shady, orig. Yin, as in Yin Gui Pai, Shady Empress (Yin Hou) being Zhu Yuyans title.

Shirak, CFT, why cant Xu Ziling fall in love with an ugly Shi Qingxuan? .
    Thanks foxs. True, some people maybe fall in love with ugly people. Hence, I tried to recall my wuxia memory for the heroes married with an ugly woman. mmm, is there any? Beside beauty and the beast? 😀
    Last edited by hungryhero; 07-03-17 at 10:08 PM.

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs.

Thanks foxs for all the updates during a holiday.

Thanks, foxs.

I think the current situation chapter of XZL and Shi beauty is really like when Ling HuChong first accompany Ren Yingying and treating her as a grandma in Xiao Ao Jiang Hu. Kind of romantic.
    Last edited by hungryhero; 07-03-17 at 10:14 PM.