Thread: 大唐双龙传 [Da Tang Shuang Long Zhuan] by Huang Yi

Thanks foxs

Akolaw, thanks for dropping in.

Since I wish to rejoice the translation and provide some information for some terms and oriental culture, I thank you for the opportunity.

Default Book 24 Chapter 13 - Part 2

Ysabel, Jaya, HPC, you are welcome. Xiaohu, oh, come on a hard to describe feeling is not a cliffhanger? Lance, thanks for letting me know. Shirak, which is not much Akolaw, thanks for the analysis and the additional information.

Both Shi Qingxuans beauty and Shi Feixuans beauty made people feel that they could only gaze from afar and that it must not be toyed with disrespectfully. However, other than attracting people to admire and become intoxicated, the formers beauty also carried unusual cordiality.

Immediately Xu Ziling was overwhelmed with a sense of inferiority; blushing with shame, he said, Xu Ziling has failed the task that Miss entrusted to me, in the end I lost the Print Scroll.

Shi Qingxuan looked out the window, while comfortably leaning against the window frame. Remaining tranquil and calm, she said, Qingxuan has never owned it, what loss are you talking about? Xu Xiong was willing to take the long and difficult trek to Sichuan, Qingxuan is already very happy.

Xu Ziling was not a man who was awkward with words, but this moment he was so awed by her exceptional countenance and beautiful appearance, unexpectedly he was speechless.

Her jet-black beautiful hair was knotted into a simple bun on top of her head, fixed in place by a jade hairpin. She casually pushed a stray clump of hair, giving out another kind of unique, carefree, implicit charm.

Under the printed cloth gown peeked out a pair of white jade, unblemished bare feet, amplifying her feminine, languid, alluring wind, field, and moon.

Shi Qingxuan serenely said, Did you see that thing on the table?

It was only now did Xu Ziling look at the desk in front of the window, where an unusually-styled thick-backed broadsword, with high and ancient grained [in wood] scabbard, along with a scroll of book, was laid.

It was only now did he realize that all around him were bookcases, abundant with collection of books. Inwardly he was ashamed. His heart was moved, he asked, Is that the Overbearing Saber, the weapon with which Yue Shan made his name?

Shi Qingxuan moved her gaze. Without a single blink she looked at the treasured saber on the table. Although her jade countenance did not show the least bit of emotion, her elegant eyeballs exuded a reminiscently sad expression. Letting out a gentle sigh, she said, Indeed this is the saber.

Frowning deeply, Xu Ziling said, Miss good intention, I appreciate very much! But one, I do not like to brandish saber or play with sword; two, I am more afraid to carry such a heavy saber while being constantly on the move and trekking everywhere. Why does Miss still want to commemorate it?

Shi Qingxuan softly said, Without it, how could you pose as Yue Shan?

Xu Ziling laughed and said, Wasnt I without it before? For a moment even Zhu Yuyan was nearly deceived.

Shi Qingxuan shook her head and said, This time its different. Zhu Yuyan only had a one-night tryst with Yue Shan, plus since she always loathed Yue Shan, naturally she was bound to forget him.

Xu Ziling was stunned, This time? he asked, What do you mean this time?

Shi Qingxuan turned her eyes toward him and said, This time the person you are going to deceive is another mortal enemy, the Tian Jun [heavenly lord] Xi Ying. If you showed the least bit of flaw, he would immediately see through it. No matter what, you have to strive for perfection.

Xu Ziling understood. Smiling wryly, he said, After seeing Miss, I will leave Sichuan immediately. I am afraid ay! What could Zaixia say?

A hint of fresh-flower-blooming, sunshine-cut-through-the-black-cloud smile appeared on Shi Qingxuans face, immediately driving away the grief-stricken thoughts, the melancholy of the face of the earth that put people in the extreme depth of sorrow. Tenderly, with naivet, she said, Look! Even I feel very sorry! You destroyed that many revered Luohan from those monks temple, plus you learned magical skill that no one has ever able to understand from them; how could you simply want to walk away? Arent you ashamed?

Seeing her returning to her natural color, Xu Ziling could not help sitting dejectedly in front of the desk, staring blankly at the overbearing saber lying horizontally in front of his eyes, as if he was able to smell the reek of blood concealed within the blade of the saber; momentarily he did not have any word with which he could respond to her.

Shi Qingxuans gentle and soft voice entered his ears, Ziling, oh, Ziling! How could you be so blind to the sufferings of others? Only by disguising yourself as Yue Shan will you be able to lure Xi Ying out. Abandoning this, there is no other brilliant scheme.

Xu Ziling began to understand why Shi Feixuan arranged for him to meet Shi Qingxuan. Smiling ruefully, he said, Is not Miss someone who is outside of the affairs of life? How come this time you are being a zealous participant?

Shi Qingxuan sighed lightly and said, This happens to be one of the burdens Qingxuan carries on her shoulders. Before his death, Old Yue has already dispelled his bitterness toward Song Que. Only Tian Jun Xi Ying, who harmed him that his family scattered and the people perished, even more, who had made him to become ruthless that he constantly kept in his mind. If Ziling could kill this demon for Qingxuans, and all the people who have been harmed by him sake, Qingxuan will be extremely grateful.

It was only now did Xu Ziling notice that she called him Ziling. His heart burning, he sighed and said, Very well! Even I cannot find any excuse to refuse. But I do have an important matter to attend to; I can only stay in Chengdu for another seven days. After that, I will have to leave immediately. Miss, what do you think?

Shi Qingxuan delightedly said, Seven days is definitely enough. First of all, you must follow my direction to make your Yue Shan disguise like a seamless heavenly clothes; the most important thing is that you give out the appearance of one who has mastered the Huan Ri Dafa [great method of changing the day]. And then, although there will still be differences with the real Yue Shan, other people would not doubt it, simply because those who knew Yue Shan knew him before his decisive battle against Song Que, before he was practicing the Huan Ri Dafa.

Knitting his brows, Xu Ziling said, Was Huan Ri Dafa that formidable? If so, wont Xi Ying has no reason to drop by just to be target practice of Yue Shans saber?

Dont worry, Shi Qingxuan said, This time Xi Ying dared to come back to the Central Plains, simply because he has mastered his own schools supreme xinfa, and no longer has anybody else in his eyes. By publicly announcing that he wanted to destroy the Temple, my guess is that he wanted to lure Song Que to come here. How could he be afraid of the general who had been defeated under Song Ques hands? It ought to be that he is itching to have you showing up.

Thinking about the relationship between Wulin Magistrate Xie Hui and the Song Family, Xu Ziling was half-convinced, and cast his eyes toward the scroll lying next to the saber.

Shi Qingxuan explained, This book was written in the last several decades of Yue Shans life after losing his martial art skill. In his spare time he recorded his understanding of the Overbearing Saber and Huan Ri Dafa, as well as some criticism pertaining to several human affairs. Hee ! This is your assignment for today.

What more could Xu Ziling say?

Shi Qingxuan continued, No need to put up a pained expression; I will stay here to keep you company, to tell all important events, big and small, in Yue Shans life completely to you, so that youll understand. I guarantee that your disguise will be like seamless heavenly clothes, without revealing any flaw.

And then, slightly staring quizzically, she asked, You have not told me, do I look good now?

Xu Zilings heart was swept away; he looked directly at her.

Shi Qingxuan turned her pretty face away, to put her can-be-rated-as-the-stunning-beauty-in-human-world, beautiful, top-quality silhouette on full display, before slowly raising the jade flute toward her lips, and putting her delicate fingers on the holes of the flute. The beauty of her posture was not something that can be produced locally.

Hundreds and thousands of indescribable feeling spread across Xu Zilings entire body. It was a feeling like he was sitting high in the clouds.

In the past, when he was listening to her playing a tune on the roof of Wang Tongs big mansion, he had never thought that today he would come face to face with the beauty [orig. jade person]. Even more, that he would be able to listen to her bestowing a heavenly song especially for him. All of a sudden all other human affairs were forgotten. This little building has become his own city, his own country, standing alone, sealed off from the rest of the world.

Everything that was happening anywhere outside this realms boundary suddenly became unrelated to him at all.

Shi Qingxuan.

Such a touching beauty.

The flute was slowing down.

Xu Ziling was completely lost.

Thanks, foxs.

LOL. It's really happening. The things the boys go through in the name of love......

boy oh boy......

Thanks foxs

time to level up. tks foxs.

Quote Originally Posted by chualot View Post
    time to level up. tks foxs.
    Indeed. They have great chi from secret of longlife but dont have powerful offense style. Thanks fox.

Thanks foxs!

Thks foxs.

Default Book 25 Chapter 1 - Part 1

Jaya, HPC, Spy, DongBin, you are welcome. Shirak, huh? What is happening? Xiaohu, you too? Chua, Hungry, AFAIK, neither one of them was big in style. IIRC, correct me if I am wrong, the only style they learned were Li Jings Bloody Battle and Tu Shufangs qinna technique.

Book 25 Chapter 1 Intimate Talks in Moonlit Night

Even with all the language in the world, it is still not possible to describe even one of ten thousand feeling and imagination that the sound of Shi Qingxuans flute bestowed.

This time the music she played was completely different from the one at Wang Tongs mansion or inside the bat cave. If the former ones could be said as extraordinary flute art out-of-this-world-nearing-becoming-an-arhat level, then this time it was evolving-from-the-infinite-depth-of-the-heart-and-spirit level. Especially after Xu Ziling knew her lot in life, which was written out of without-choice-and-blood-hatred.

Shi Qingxuans suave, dreary and fuzzy flute music was completely unaffected by any known musical composition or limited by any old clichs; rather, it was close to instinctively linked to the heavenly melody, wonderful sound that stemmed from the bottom of the heart of all whose heart was touched, the supernaturally fine craft that will draw you into the sorrowful, bewildering world of her music.

It also allowed the listeners to set foot in the usually forbidden, or perhaps did not dare to set foot on, the restricted area of the heart. The fluctuating and rich flute sound came from the windowsill where she placed herself like a stem after stem of fresh flower blooming one by one, completely shattering any barrier between the rooms, inside and outside, of the small building. Reverberating, uplifting, irresolute as if it was outside the Ninth Heaven, faintly came through; swirling low as if it was lurking under water of the abyss and the ocean, so deep that it was out of touch. The sound of the flute was like the destiny tightly wrapped around Xu Zilings mind. Each note seared deep into a certain place of his innermost being.

The notes were joined together as if made by the Heaven. There was absolutely no flaw. In contrast to the sound of her flute, all languages have become vague and general, lacking in strength. The sound of the music absorbing the soul, bringing out the hidden-deep emotion like a crop of bird responding to a call, which was hard to suppress.

Staring blankly, Xu Ziling watched her playing her flute solo, just like she possessed all the touchingly beautiful sunset scenery outside the window; his heart was filled with unceasing tenderness and adoration toward her, he could not help lamenting his own confused and solitary life, soaring in a certain lost wasteland.

On the boundless, wide earth, the mysterious and longwinded musical Pure Land [in Buddhism, usually refers to Amitabha Buddha's Western Pure Land of Ultimate Bliss (Sukhavati in Sanskrit)], Xu Zilings imagination was infinitely stretched out by eager expectation. For a moment it was as if he had just stepped across the boundary between life and death. For a moment it was as if he could never get away from the labyrinth of emotion.

From the death of Fu Junchuo to the passing of Susu, life was like an endless nightmare. Scene after scene of memories emerged in his mind. His state of mind and the flute sound seemed like martial art masters exchanging blows in close quarters, each move matched the others, going forward side by side, bravely charging out of the unbounded depth of the spirit.

The touching melody was coming out little by little, outstandingly pure and limpid like drop after drop of dew on the lotus leaf, followed by the heaven and the earth darkening down, until finally it wiped out the last streak of the setting sun from the flat earth in distant place outside the window, when the flute sound finally ended.

Yet it also seemed like it could go on forever.

Shi Qingxuan slowly put the jade flute back into her bosom. Her expression tranquil, as if the flute melody just now had absolutely nothing to do with her.

The after-the-Mid-Autumn-night moonlight passing through the small cracks among the forest trees, sprinkling its light onto the windowsill, illuminating the side of her face, which was facing outward that it shone brightly, while the side facing Xu Ziling remained in the dark, emphasizing her graceful silhouette and posture. The rectangular window frame created a strong contrast to her tender and soft, touching feminine figure, forming an absolutely beautiful picture of her portrait melting together with the gentle and soft moonlight.

The sad, serene, and touching flute sound still lingering on in his mind, his heart was so full that he had to suppress the unceasingly singular sentiment; unable to restrain his emotions, he sighed in admiration and said, Qingxuans song, I will never forget it in all my life!

In his heart he was thinking of her name, unconsciously he just blurted it out.

Hanging down her small cicada head, Shi Qingxuan spoke softly, Lets just say that you still have a little bit of conscience! It was the first time that I, with my heart and soul offer my skill to another person. Although the listeners are not limited to you alone, but in my heart I was playing for you alone.

Xu Ziling was slightly startled; immediately he remembered that there must be other people in the castle, naturally they would also hear the flute sound wafting out of the small building, and this realization has given him another feeling.

Shi Qingxuan looked at him. Without any concern she said, Xie Hui and his household have been asking me to play them a tune, but all along Qingxuan has been unwilling to comply. Today, relying on the most favorable method, nujia has fulfilled my promise to you, as well as their cherished desire; wont that be one move, two virtues? I hope you dont mind?

The tone of her voice was gentle, elegant, warm and pure. The breathing in between the words was irresolute like a ripple of wave brushing the shore; her sweet voice itself carried an intense musical nuance, to say nothing of that it was spoken under this kind of warm moonlit night. Of course Xu Ziling did not care whether he was not the only one enjoying the immortal song. Besides, he was not a narrow-minded person. Your singing voice must be equally pleasant to listen to, he blurted without thinking.

Shi Qingxuan laughed in spite of herself. Turns out Xu Ziling is so greedy, she said, After obtaining Long [short name for Gansu province] you still hope for Shu [short name for Sichuan]. Come! How about sitting in front of me? I want to look carefully what kind of man are you?

Xu Ziling rose up to his full height; smiling calmly, he said, Are you thinking of a tooth for a tooth? After giving me a glimpse of the exceptional beauty, you want to take a look at me. But please dont look too carefully; I have shortcomings everywhere. As soon as you pay a bit more attention, you will be able to see everything.

While saying that, he moved toward the windowsill. Shi Qingxuan raised her head. Her fragrant lips lightly pursed, she said, You are using the wrong words! It should be an eye for an eye. You are unable to take your eyes off me; staring at nujia like that, I have never felt so unnatural. You nearly made me jump down from the window sill, and then walk back straight to the secluded forest of the small valley.

Xu Ziling stood by the windowsill; he only needed to move forward a little bit, and then he would be able to touch her fragrant body. Looking down, he saw her jade countenance, which seemed to blend the light and darkness perfectly was even more lucid and elegant; something that was definitely out-of-this-world. Her bright eyes, under the slender, curved eyebrows, looked even more beautiful. When her cinnabar lips were opening and closing, two pleasant pear-shaped dimples naturally appeared at the side of her cheeks. Her long, elegant, clean and beautiful neck looked even more like a thread, which suddenly pulled people in. Her snow-white skin was exposed.

Hearing her talking in such a close distance, it felt as if she was breathing and whispering directly into his ear, or like a burst of cool breeze from a distance, gently and softly brushing the light muslin clothe. For the first time in his life an urge to embrace a woman into his bosom and lightly kiss her lips was welling up in Xu Zilings heart. Unexpectedly he was momentarily lost.

And then, when he least expected it, Shi Qingxuan suddenly stretched out her delicate hand to push his abdomen down, and spoke a bit impatiently, Quickly take off your shoes, you bird-head!

Xu Zilings heart was shaken, he came to his senses, and clumsily took off his boots. And then, sitting cross-legged on the other side of the windowsill, he leaned his back against the window frame, and said with a sigh, I never thought it would be this comfortable.

The bright moon was hanging in the vast, empty night sky, high above the tip of the trees; it was so big and round. The natural world was so mysterious and boundless; when did all these start? When would everything end? Perhaps it has no beginning and no end?

Shi Qingxuans fairy-like gentle and soft, simple and neat voice entered his ears, saying, I like nights; I dont like going to sleep. I love to see the sadness of the twilight, when the day turns into night, and then it enters the constant deep stillness. It could be a brilliant starry sky, or it could be a dark night with bleak wind and icy rain, or perhaps its like tonight, the moon is coming right into our face, drawing us to reflect on the beautiful scenery. That kind of feeling is so beautiful.

Xu Ziling pulled his gaze away from the bright moon, and turned it toward her. He saw her staring fixedly at the night sky. The moon shed its light on her face. His heart severely shaken, he blurted out, You are really beautiful!

Shi Qingxuan calmly met his eyes, gazed deeply at him, and sighed lightly while saying, This is the second time you are speaking frivolous talk toward me!

Although she was saying frivolous, her intonation and expression did not carry the slightest implication of criticism or blame; instead, it made Xu Ziling feel that when he blurted out his praise without thinking in the bat cave that day, she treasured it in the depth of her fragrant heart.

Yet he did not know how to respond.

Shi Qingxuan lowered her pretty face to stare at the jade flute lying across her knees. With a tiny, barely audible voice, she said, I am very scared!

Stunned, Xu Ziling asked, What are you afraid of?

Shi Qingxuan raised her face and cast him a sidelong glance, slightly pouting, she said, Of course I am afraid of myself; could it be that I am scared of you? Idiot!

Although Xu Ziling was unlike Hou Xibai, who was a veteran of a hundred battles in term of man-woman relationship, he was a keen and sensitive young man; how could he not hear the abundant affection in Shi Qingxuans voice? His heart warmed up, he nearly wanted to exploit the opportunity to reach out and deeply kiss her on the mouth. But as soon as he remembered this beautys distinct style and her unpredictable action, if his feeling was unexpectedly just a misunderstanding, certainly he would feel embarrassed and aggravatingly uncomfortable!

Hastily suppressing this strong attraction, his eyes burning, he asked, Why are you afraid of yourself?

Shi Qingxuan smiled sweetly; the dimples on her jade cheeks were growing deeper and more enchanting. A bit playfully, she said, Please forgive Qingxuan for holding off the climax for a bit; let me ask Ziling Xiong a question first. If you are willing to own up to the facts, perhaps Qingxuan would also be willing to tell you a secret.

Xu Ziling was enjoying her intoxicating flirtatious expressions, but at the same time he was wary inwardly. Shi Qingxuan was quick-witted and crafty; he has had first hand experience on it. However, on the surface he remained calm and collected, as he spoke indifferently, Miss Shi, please bestow your instruction!

Shi Qingxuan stared at him for half a day before appearing to be casual as she said, Is your heart moved by Shi Feixuan?

Caught off-guard, Xu Ziling blurted out, What?

Shi Qingxuans eyes were flashing with sharp light; her pretty eyebrows knitted lightly, she said, Just by looking at how you pretended not to hear clearly and stalling for time, Qingxuan already know the answer. Ziling Xiong does not need to answer!

Xu Zilings old face blushed deep red. Smiling bitterly, he said, Miss Shi [Qingxuan] really should not raise this issue, because I really never associate Miss Shi [Feixuan] with the feeling between a man and a woman in the secular world; therefore, I lost my head when I heard the question. Hey! Why do you want to know?

Wow... Thanks foxs..

Now which lady will he choose? Thks foxs.

Thanks foxs

Well, it's really happening, as in XZL learning Yue Shan's skills and Huan Ri Dafa from SQX.

In the name of love.......well, XZL is going to take a crash course in top tier martial arts to fight someone above his current power level for his beloved. And KZ is effectively going to look for Song Que to ask for SYZ's hand (nvm the other agendas). The things the boys do for love.....

correct me if I am wrong, the only style they learned were Li Jings Bloody Battle and Tu Shufangs qinna technique.[/I]

These two are the only time they learn a complete style from a teacher, other skills were pick up small piece here and there, even their best stuff, nei gung were incomplete. They have get 1st level (of nine level) instruction from Niang, a diagram from the secret to long life etc. they have not digest and come up with their own Xu's and Kou's art ( like Yang Guo come up his own style)

Their problem is at this high level (1st tier 3rd group), all their rival (except Ba) received complete profound training while they did not and their short coming shows in Xu and Hou's fight, Xu's sau fa (hand technic) qinna was neither effective nor efficient in attack his hing gung were not on par as well since he miss in hitting Hou more than Hou miss him. The two boys nei gung may be better but their other skill were not advance enough.

Thanks, foxs.

Thanks foxs. Akolaw, i agree with your assessment. The 2 boys learned on their own with a pointer here and there. Most of the stuff they learn on their own. Vs the others being in the same tier as them being vetted and personally trained powerful masters. The difference is vast, but we can see xzls intelligence too he was immediately able to learn that the luhans he were in martial arts stances and used the moves effectively. Maybe learning yue shans moves will elated his skills further.

Kind of like the moon in the well. They to learn on their own they need to keep their mind clear to bring out their full potential. By looking inside the well. They realized if they can keep their minds clear/stable. They would be able to fully utilize their chi. Sort of like how when the water is still it can reflect the moon. I think as an example they throw a rock in to cause ripples which distorts the reflection. They didnt have a master to teach them the way.