Page 57 of 358 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 7159

Thread: 大唐双龙传 [Da Tang Shuang Long Zhuan] by Huang Yi

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    Chunyu Wei interrupted, You are very interesting, so amusing that I like you a lot!

When everybody heard that, they could only stared blankly with mouth agape; nobody had ever expected that this loveable and charming girl would publicly announce her interest in some stranger man.

Tuoba Yu laughed and said, My humble Shimei has always been this straightforward, but the number of men she likes actually cannot be counted, Kou Xiong must not take it to heart.

Chunyu Wei crossly said, How could Shixiong say such thing about me? This time it is different!

Kou Zhong facetiously asked, Isnt every time different than the others?
    The story moves on... So, we chalked-up Chunyu Wei as a potential love-interest for Kou Zhong ? But the ladies tend...

Everybody turned their eyes toward Chunyu Wei, but this girl had already disappeared as well.
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs. I will not complain about Susu anymore. It is what it is.

New city, same old enemies. I hope the Li Clan will reappear soon.

Shan Wanjings jade countenance was icy-cold as she stared hatefully at Xu Ziling, I thought you were captured and taken away, she coldly said, But now that I see you are as lively as a dragon and as animated as a tiger, I know that you are wallowing in the mire with Yuwen Chengdu and came with the intention to strike us. This time it is called heavens net has wide meshes, but nothing escapes it [idiom from Laozi, c. 73AD].
    So many characters... Let's recall that Yuwen Chengdu was...
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

Thanks, foxs.

Thanks foxs!

Song Yuzhis black eyebrows frowned slightly; she sighed and said, Dont be too complacent! Your skill is still not enough to defeat me, its just that I underestimated the enemy, and was unable to gauge your foundation, hence I committed a blunder, thats all! If you speak frivolously again, or do more improper things to me, unless you kill me afterwards, I will make sure that you will face endless disaster.

Kou Zhong asked in surprise, You are encouraging me to continue pressing your alluring body? To a lady of a large, influential family with high status like you, the fact that a guy from a poor and humble family that is not even worth mentioning has taken advantage of you, should give you enough reason to commit suicide!

Song Yuzhi nonchalantly replied, Since you already pressed me down, so what if you want to press me down half a day longer? All right! Are you ready to talk business?

Kou Zhong reached out to press her Jianjing [lit. shoulder well] acupoint; he smiled and said, Beauty really know how to put an act. Turns out very soon youll unseal the locked acupoints, therefore, you deliberately talked to me like that to swindle me. Hee ... hee I am off!

Song Yuzhis eyes gleamed; she softly said, Dont go. If you go, wholl shelter me from the rain and the snow?

For the first time Kou Zhong felt that this beauty with unique charm was unfathomable. Although he appeared to gain the upper hand, the initiative actually lay in the opponents hands...
    Thinking back, I'd like Song Yuzhi to re-enter the plot line...

Why ? Because, to me, both she and Shen Luoyan resound in being...

A little reflection and musical interlude until the new Book 6

Default Book 5 - Chapter 11, Part 1

Bocah, HPC, Ysabel, Chua, Anh, Jaya, Drak, you are welcome. George, I guess it's hard to maintain the same level of excitement throughout the story, especially one this long. Xu Xiong, I would think both Chunyu Wei and Song Yuzhi would look different than the girl in your video ... Sky, I did a quick browsing ahead, and all I can say is that Susu will be around for the near future, so it's good that you learn to tolerate her, otherwise ...

Book 5 Chapter 11 Imperial Courts End of the Road

Kou Zhong washed the disguise from his face and hair; breathed a sigh of relief, he said, I didnt know disguise can be so difficult to bear. Look! My skin is red.

Xu Ziling was squatting by the stove on the other side of the kitchen, rinsing his face with cold water, after seeping it with freshly boiled water; deeply in agreement he said, This kind of starch paste Wei Ge [older brother, referring to Zhuge Dewei] concocted is indeed a first-class deceiving trick, but it is also a first-class evil punishment.

They were in an ordinary courtyard house inside the city of Yangwu, Liu Heitas guarantee indeed came about as predicted, the five of them entered the city in batches without a hitch. After settling them down in this house, which was the secret hideout of the Dou Army, Liu Heita and Zhuge Dewei went out to observe outside activities and scout for information.

Kou Zhong went over to Xu Zilings side and whispered, Do you think the Old Liu has some interest in Su Jie?

Xu Ziling was wiping the last piece of starch paste off his forehead; he was about to wash his hair when he heard what Kou Zhong said. Not just some interest, he replied, He is very interested. When he looks at Su Jie, his eyes seem to be shining.

But then he sighed and said, But it appeared that Su Jie is avoiding him!

Kou Zhong assumed the haughty manner of an expert; acting as if he was taking things very seriously, he shook his head and swayed his noggin and said, Girls are like that, the more she is interested in you, the more she will act indifferently, playing with your emotion and driving you crazy. She will even lure you and make your heart unbearably itchy. In terms of qualifications, Old Liu is not at all inferior to Li Dage, plus he knows how be particularly attentive and spare no effort to win her sympathy. I dont believe Su Jies heart is not moved. While speaking, he handed the towel to Xu Ziling.

Xu Ziling took it to dry his hair; he said in a low voice, Do you want to fix them together? But Old Liu will go to war three hundred days in a year; if Su Jie marries him, wont she have to keep watch of an empty boudoir alone? Plus she will always worry that he wouldnt come back.

With a wry smile Kou Zhong said, I was thinking of the same thing. But if she marries Li Dage, wont it be the same? The most important thing is to gauge Su Jies heart. Let me go out to sound her out.

Ignoring Xu Zilings advice to stop, Kou Zhong went to the eastern wing where Susus room was. Knocking on the door, he called, Su Jie!

Come in! Susu replied.

Kou Zhong pushed the door to enter. Susu was leaning against the window, looking outside; she appeared to be enjoying the snow scenery of the small garden in the middle of the courtyard. He came over behind her and said in a low voice, Does Jiejie have something in your mind?

Susu trembled slightly, No! she replied, There is nothing.

Kou Zhong laughed and said, Is it that fellow Liu Heita?

Susu turned around, her almond eyes opened wide, she said crossly, What are you talking about? Ay! You are thinking that far already.

Dont you feel that he is especially good to you? Kou Zhong asked.

Susu rolled her eyes on him, Dont be meddlesome, she said, You always love to let your imagination run wild. Are you tired of Jiejie following you?

Kou Zhong cried out to Heaven for the injustice, How could Su Jie have such thought? We just care about you!

After staring at him for quite a while, Susu sighed; half-leaning onto the windowsill, she gloomily said, Liu Dage is a one-hundred percent hero, but ay! Jiejie really dont know how to explain it!

Kou Zhong happily said, That means Jiejie has a good impression on him; whats so difficult to explain?

Susu shook her head sorrowfully; reaching out to pat Kou Zhongs cheek, she hung her head down as she said softly, You wouldnt understand the burden in Jiejies heart.

Kou Zhong was dismayed, If Jiejie did not tell me the burden in your heart, how could I understand? he asked, Looking at Jiejies appearance, I am truly heartbroken.

Susu pondered silently for half a day; finally she smiled bitterly and said, Every time I see Liu Heita, its just like I am seeing Li Dage. They both are of the same type of person, Jiejie is very scared. Do you understand what I am saying?

Kou Zhong had no idea that she was having that kind of feeling and thoughts; greatly stunned, he was speechless for quite a long time.

Susu forced herself to look excited as she said, Jiejie has decided that from now on I will serve and take care of you, two wild boys, I wont marry for as long as I live; so in the future you must not be heartbroken for Jiejies sake.

Kou Zhong lost the interest to talk; he finally said, Jiejie must not set any rules for yourself like that; otherwise, if you meet someone that you fancy, you might miss the opportunity because of these words.

Susu was slightly angry, Jiejie has given this matter careful consideration, I dont need you to lecture me.

This moment Liu Heitas voice was coming from the main hall, the two people hastily went out of the room. Seeing the abundance of food and drink Liu Heita has purchased and brought back, without any trace of politeness Xu Ziling sat down in front of the table and started to chew. Kou Zhong and Susu promptly joined him.

Susu watched as the three men busily sending the food to their bowls and to their mouths. Where is Wei Dage? she asked.

Liu Heita replied, Yangwu water transportation is extremely scarce nowadays, money alone is useless, we must also have some power. Dage is trying to talk with Baling Bang people, they are the only one who can tread on both black and white ways right now [i.e. both underground (criminal) and official] right now; other clans and societies are out of the question.

Kou Zhong, three people, looked at each other; they did not expect that in the end they still had to deal with Baling Bang.

Noticing their unusual expression, Liu Heita asked in surprise, Havent you had any dealings with them before?

It was not a dealing per se, just some encounters, Kou Zhong replied, Liu Xiong, have you heard the name Xiang Yushan?

Not only heard, I even met him face-to-face once, Liu Heita replied, This fellow is one of the newer well-known figures of Baling Bang. He knows a lot about business, rather popular in both the black and white ways; his public relation skill is exceptionally good.

Hearing this, Kou Zhong could only stare blankly; he had never imagined that such a second-rate character like Xiang Yushan could also have some standing in Jianghu.

Liu Heita lowered his voice, Although this persons martial art skill is sloppy and very ordinary, he is very resourceful. Currently, Yang Guangs two most favorite imperial concubines, one is Madame Xiao, the other is Zhu Guier. From what I heard, Zhu Guier was personally presented to that fatuous ruler by Xiang Yushan.

If thats the case, Xu Ziling said, Why did Yang Guang send an assassin to murder Baling Bangs big boss?

Liu Heita said, These things, we, as outsiders, can hardly understand.

What other news did Liu Dage hear? Susu queried.

The beauty stooped down to ask information, Liu Heita felt he gained a lot of face; excitedly he replied, Naturally the situation is very good: last month Li Yuan started a rebellion from Taiyuan; Li Mi repeatedly gained victory; Du Fuwei, Fu Gongyou, two men, flaunt their power in Jiang Huai, our army is known as Mighty Yan and Zhao [my dictionary gives beautiful women as alternate definition]. The only places Sui household can defend right now are the western capital Changan, eastern capital Luoyang, and Yang Guangs nest Jiangdu, Yangzhou. Other places, like where we stay temporarily, Yangwu, are basically without any ability to defend itself. The high-ranking military officers guarding the city are merely looking around to see which side they would surrender to!

Xu Ziling excitedly asked, Hows the situation of the Li Clan?

Liu Heita shrugged, They rely on help from the Tujue, becoming their hunting dog; there is nothing left to say.

Xu Ziling was greatly disappointed; he also had nothing left to say.

There is one this that is really puzzling, Liu Heita went on, The rumor in Jianghu is that the two of you know the secret of the Duke Yang Treasure Trove. Whether this is just a rumor or not, Xia Wang [king of Xia] and I have repeatedly researched it, and our final conclusion is that this treasure is just make-believe tales.

Why do you think the treasure does not exist? Kou Zhong wondered.

Liu Heita said, When Yang Guang murdered his own father and declared his independence, he also murdered his brother Yang Yong. In this matter, Yang Su had expended a lot of effort for him. At that time Yang Guang was still putting on the cloak of righteous ruler on him, so he showed a lot of favor and trust toward Yang Su. Although time and again he wanted to kill Yang Su, on the surface he did not show the least bit of sign. This was about a year before Yang Su died. Logically speaking, Yang Su would not have the mind to rebel or hide a treasure.

Xu Ziling joined in, Its possible that the treasure was prepared during the Emperor Wen, Yang Jians time [c. 581-604 AD]. Due to Yang Sus rigorous schemes and deep foresight, he ought to know that high meritorious service would shake the master, nothing good ever comes out of it.

That is a reasonable argument, Liu Heita said, But later on Yang Sus son Yang Xuan raised an army in rebellion, his men did not even have a single decent weapon, and oftentimes he lacked the fund to pay the soldiers salary. This does not make sense. How could Yang Su not tell his son about the hidden treasure?

Kou Zhong could not resist, The place where Yang Xuan rose in rebellion is Liyang, the western capitals mountain is long and its water far, perhaps he did not have time to get the treasure!

Liu Heita slapped the table and laughed, Two Xiongdis Jianghu experience is indeed too shallow; in just a few sentences you uncovered the secret to me that the treasure is at the western capital.

Xu Ziling indignantly said, Who would have thought Liu Xiong would swindle us?

Kou Zhong giggled and said, Liu Xiong just wanted to coach us in discipline. But we only know that the treasure is in Guanzhong. Before Niang could tell us, she already passed away. Otherwise, who knows? Perhaps we would give the treasure to Liu Xiong.

Liu Heita was delighted, Hearing what you said is enough. Honestly, I dont believe such treasure would accomplish much.

This moment Zhuge Dewei came back. He sat down and said, Tonight Baling Bang may have a ship sailing for Jiangdu, with a cargo of all kinds of thread, gauze and satin for the muddleheaded ruler, so that the fatuous ruler can have his people cut it into flowers and leaves, and sew it onto the branches, and spread it over the pond, just so that he could enjoy the beauty of spring and summer in the middle of the winter. I already made arrangement; you can hitch a ride with that ship. This time Baling Bang really gives us a face.

Liu Heita sighed and said, Death is near at hand, that muddleheaded ruler still does not repent.

And then, broken-hearted at having to part, he said, We are going to part company!

Susu hung her head low, she did not dare to meet his gaze.

Kou Zhongs blood was boiling; straightening up his body he said, Liu Xiong, I have something Id like to ask your guidance in private.

Liu Heita was a bit surprised; as he followed Kou Zhong toward the garden outside, he asked in low voice, What is it? Are you hard pressed for funds?

Kou Zhong patted the money pouch hanging on his waist; assuming a rich man air, he said, We have enough money to spend on wine and pleasure, Liu Xiong need not worry.

Then, lowering his voice he said, I noticed that Liu Xiong is showing some interest on our Su Jie, is that correct?

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs

Xu Xiong, I would think both Chunyu Wei and Song Yuzhi would look different than the girl in your video ...
    Funnily, I saw the following as the published depiction of Li Xiuning (cover-art amongst the 63 volumes of 大唐雙龍傳)... $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1.wp.com/mangabookshelf.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/pe014.gif')

And it's more the lyrics of Ani's song... I'm indifferent to pretty girls like Susu damsel in distess...

My European friends, I've imagined them portraying roles within wuxia stories I'd read... For me, looks change and can evolve that far

I believed we had finished Book 5, never mind

Thanks foxs! I laughed at your comment about me tolerating Susu. I dont have a choice! I guess she won't be staying with the Liu dude. Maybe they can find Li Jing soon and just hand her over to him.

Thanks foxs

Ha Song Yuzhi ... I almost forgot about her ... thks Xu Xiong. Anyone care to list out the beauties encountered by the two heroes so far? I lost track. Thks foxs for another chapter.

Miss chapter 10, but now can read 2 chapters together. I am full. Thanks foxs for your hard work.

Thanks, foxs.

Long stories like this or "A Step in to the Past" or "The Wheel of Time" series are a marathon not a short race and in any marathon you will take some slower times and some faster times to complete the course. the last volume was a slower time, I'm hoping this one is a faster time, but we will see. All I know is it's been an enjoyable race so far!