Page 58 of 358 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 7159

Thread: 大唐双龙传 [Da Tang Shuang Long Zhuan] by Huang Yi

thanks foxs for the speedy updates

Quote Originally Posted by LuDongBin View Post
    Ha Song Yuzhi ... I almost forgot about her ... thks Xu Xiong. Anyone care to list out the beauties encountered by the two heroes so far? I lost track. Thks foxs for another chapter.
    And thank you for not minding my fondness for referencing back when waiting for foxs' next instalment...

Following up from yesterday, this is the 大唐雙龍傳 officially associated depiction of Li Shimin $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i0.wp.com/mangabookshelf.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/pe009.gif')

I found them (17 illustration captures in total) from this Manga Bookshelf Post (perhaps one may want to ignore the almost spoiler-free text [and some of us may want to save an image or two for use as an avatar])

Anyone care to list out the beauties encountered by the two heroes so far? I lost track.
    I recommend doing so a.s.a.p. for anyone who can (because more beauties [and heroes or villains] will surely be introduced)

Thks foxs for another chapter.
    Yeah, many many thanks foxs !!!
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

Thanks foxs

Susu's response to Liu is unnatural, she has something in her mind.

Default Book 5 - Chapter 11, Part 2

Anh, HPC, Ysabel, Jaya, Komeng, you are welcome. Xu Xiong, George, we are still in Book 5. One more chapter. Sky, Akolaw, she is strange indeed ... hmmm ... DongBin, don't worry, not many of those women reappeared (yet). Laoren, good for you, here is the end of Chapter 11. Chua, with the so-called 'speedy', if I maintain the same rate of updates, this story will be finished in about 8 years or so ... Probably most of you will already move on and forget about me.

Liu Heitas thick face turned scarlet. In this kind of matter, naturally I cannot conceal it from you two, he admitted, The strange thing is, I have met not a few girls, but as soon as I saw your Jiejie, its hard for me to maintain self-control, ay!

Kou Zhong was puzzled, This is a good thing, he said, Why did Liu Xiong sigh?

Liu Heita dejectedly said, Five years ago, someone told my fortune by reading my facial features. He said my mountain root [dont ask, I dont know what it is ] appears too low, my two eyebrows are squeezing my qi extensively, perhaps before I turn forty one I would have passed. Therefore, I have made up my mind, I will enjoy my forty years of life without the slightest hesitation. Other things, I dare not think.

Kou Zhong downplayed his remark, How can we believe Jianghu charlatans words?

Liu Heita smiled wryly and said, Problem is, that person was not a Jianghu charlatan at all; rather, it was the Number One Expert of the Central Plains, Ning Daoqi. And it was because I was not afraid of the truth that I implored him repeatedly before he was willing to tell me.

Kou Zhong was severely shaken, Have you seen him? he asked.

Liu Heitas face revealed an awed expression; he nodded and said, Only for a moment, and in a hurry. But his simple, relaxed and calm demeanor, I will never forget until the day I die.

Reaching out to pat Kou Zhongs shoulder, he said, My deep affection for your virtuous sister can only be buried deep in the bottom of my heart; I do not dare to implicate her. Furthermore, when I come back this time, I am going to fight in one place after another all around the world [tian xia, i.e. China], life or death is unpredictable, I dont know if in the future I will have the good fortune of seeing the three of you again. Kou Xiongdis good intention, Xiongdi is deeply grateful.

What else could Kou Zhong say?

Heavy snow was starting to fall from the sky, again.

By nightfall, Baling Bang sent a carriage to pick up the three people. With heavy heart Liu Heita and the others bade farewell to the three people; recalling that they might never meet again in the future, everybodys heart was brimming with sorrows.

After taking a seat in the carriage, Susu was overwhelmed with emotion, she bowed her head and shed some silent tears. Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling were scared; they did not dare to disturb her, they simply looked out the window, silently watching the snowflake fluttered in the air along the street.

The driver, Baling Bang man, was polite and very hospitable; he drove straight out of the gate toward the big pier by Tongji Canal outside the city, led the three people to a skiff, and a moment later they reached a huge five-mast ship anchored in the middle of the river.

The three have just stepped foot on the deck, someone, beaming from ear to ear, already greeted them, Kou Xiong, Xu Xiong, Miss Susu, how are you?

Ah! Susu was pleasantly surprised, Its Xiang Gongzi!

The man welcoming them was unexpectedly Xiang Yushan. Noticing the ill expression on Kou and Xu, two boys faces as they looked at him, he hastily bowed respectfully with clasped hands and said, Two Dage must not blame Xiaodi, I have done everything in my power to find you threes whereabouts, but all those hard works accomplished very little. Fortunately I guessed correctly that to go to Jiangdu, unavoidably you will have to pass through Yangwu, so I came here to wait for your news. Sure enough the Emperor of Heaven did not turn his back on resolute person, in the end I can meet once again with the three of you!

With frigid irony and scorching satire Kou Zhong said, We were also very fortunate not to go to your Peipei or what have you, or else we would have fallen into the Wagang Armys hands early on.

Xu Ziling let out a cold laugh and said, Xiang Xiong indeed know how to introduce us to good people.

Xiang Yushan was shocked, Is there such thing? he asked, Humph! If verified, Xiongdi will definitely punish the traitor according to gang rules.

Kou Zhong said, If we encounter something in the future, how would we know that you will not betray us like Peipei?

Xiang Yushan feigned helpless ignorance as he lamented, How could Kou Xiong look down on me, Xiang Yushan, like that? If I have that kind of intention, let me not have a good end.

Susu could not bear not to say something, We did not know Xiang Gongzi have his own problem, you two must not blame him again.

Xu Ziling swept his gaze around; he noticed the sailors were raising the anchor and untying the sail in preparation to set off. Turning to Xiang Yushan he said, Very well! But if we discover later on that you are playing trick on us, I will immediately tear you apart.

Xiang Yushan indignantly puff out his chest and said, The three of you may set your heart at ease, I, Xiang Yushan is definitely not a despicable man.

After a short pause, he continued respectfully, Xiaodi has prepared a banquet inside the cabin, especially in honor of the three of you. Miss Susu, please!

After staring at Xiang Yushan for a few seconds, Susu gladly walked over, Xiang Yushan delightedly led the way. Seeing Susu accepting the invitation and entered the cabin, Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling had no choice but to follow behind her.

The cabin was brightly lit, plus there was a stove in the corner, so that it was as warm as springtime. In the middle of the room was a table of sumptuous banquet, by the table was a beautiful lady in white. Leading four good-looking maids, she bowed to greet the guests.

Xiang Yushan made the introduction, Xiao Dajie [big sister] is the younger sister of our humble gangs Fu Bangzhu [Deputy Gang/Clan Leader] Xiao Xian; she manages the daily expenses and necessities of the imperial concubines in the imperial palace, she knows the imperial palace situation like the back of her hands. With her working out a strategy, this time Yuwen Clan is in danger.

[Translators note: so far I always translated Bang as Clan, like in Beggar Clan (gai bang), or Clans and Societies (bang hui) just because this term is widely known in our circle; however, since in this story there are a lot of references to family clan (fa), I feel that I need to differentiate these two. So I will make conscious effort to use gang instead of clan when referring to these organizations.]

This Big Sister Xiao was about twenty years or so, in terms of beauty, she was inferior to Shen Luoyan, Shan Wanjing, and the like, but her figure was like standing jade, her body alluring, her bearing elegant; in short, she was sexually very attractive.

Big Sister Xiaos laughter sounded like the ringing of a bell; absolutely unrestrained, she sized Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling up and down, and laughed again before even speaking, You are fine specimen indeed, no wonder as soon as he saw you, Yushan has such a high regard of the two gentlemen!

Awkwardly Xiang Yushan cleared his throat and said, Please sit down.

After everybody was seated, the pretty maids poured wine into their cups and then withdrew from the cabin.

Susu did not drink wine, she asked for fragrant tea instead. Xiang Yushan, who was sitting next to her, politely served her.

With licentious look, Big Sister Xiao repeatedly urged Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling to drink their wine; it was such a warm atmosphere.

After three rounds of drink, Xiang Yushan said, Know yourself and know your enemy, and you will never be defeated [idiom, from Sunzi's The Art of War]. I wonder if two Dage are familiar with Yuwen Clans affairs.

Kou Zhong was particularly blunt toward Xiang Yushan; knitting his brows, he said, If you dont tell me, how would I know?

Big Sister Xiao laughed coquettishly and said, Yushan is so bad, when he started, he gave two Gongzi bad impressions. Just consider this cup as my apology on behalf of Yushan.

Since she spoke up the load in their mind in such a forthcoming manner, Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling felt embarrassed instead; they promptly drank their cups.

Like a blossoming flower Big Sister Xiao smiled toward Susu and said, If I had two good Didi like Miss Susu, I would be extremely thrilled.

At first Susu was uncomfortable with this young but acted as if she was a seasoned windblown dust [i.e. prostitute] who had gone through everything woman, who incessantly threw flirtatious glances toward Kou and Xu, two boys; but with such flattering remark, her ill will immediately diminished greatly. A smile burst open on her pretty face.

Xiang Yushan was a bit mesmerized by her flourishing fresh flower-like smile; he sighed and said, If I could be like Kou Xiong and Xu Xiong who have a sister like Miss Susu, that would be really good!

Susu rolled her eyes at him; her pretty face blushed, she hung down her head and said in a low voice, How could Susu dare to accept the compliment? I am only a maid.

Xiang Yushan replied in earnestness, I dont care what Miss Susus status is, in my, Xiang Yushan, heart, you are a fairy from heaven.

Susus pretty face blushed even redder, but her expression showed that she was delighted.

Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling exchanged a glance; they both felt it was inappropriate. The first time Susu met Xiang Yushan, she already spoke up on his behalf. If this time Xiang Yushan mixed some sweet nothing in his old hand technique to arouse the romance and thus force his way inside her heart, wouldnt it be very bad?

While both of them separately plotting a countermeasure, Big Sister Xiao said, About Yuwen Clans affairs, let me tell you! The two most formidable persons in Yuwen family are Yuwen Shang and Yuwen Shu. The former concentrates fully on martial art training. Along with the Song Clans Heavenly Saber Song Que, they are known as the Central Plains two greatest martial art masters after Ning Daoqi. His martial art skill is matchless, but he never set foot in officialdom. He begets two sons, Yuwen Chengdu and Yuwen Wudi.

Kou Zhong was dumbstruck. I thought Yuwen Huagu is his son, turns out he is not, he said.

Big Sister Xiao shook in laughter like a flower at the trip of a branch. Yuwen Huagu? she said, Fancy that you came out with that name.

Kou and Xu could not avert their eyes from her silky breasts, which were trembling in sync with her shaking body due to the laughter; they found it to be highly captivating.

Xiang Yushan interjected, Yuwen Shu successively held high positions in the imperial court, until his nobility rank reaches Guo Gong [state duke], the highest possible official positions. He has three sons; Yuwen Huaji is the oldest, followed by Yuwen Shiji [士及] and Yuwen Shiji [智及]. Although Yuwen Shiji is not among the four great martial art masters of the Yuwen Clan, but since he is the most inscrutable, we must never underestimate him.

Big Sister Xiao continued, Yuwen Shang never held any official position, his specific responsibility is Jianghu matters. From Yuwen Shus three sons, Yuwen Huaji inherited his fathers Guo Gong nobility, his official position is the Commander of the Right Reserve Officers, and the Zongguan [Chief Manager] of the Capital. His second son Shiji married Yang Guangs daughter Princess Nanyang, so he is the Sui Dynastys prince consort.

Xiang Yushan joined in, Yuwen Shiji [the third son] is proficient in wood construction. Yang Guangs minor jail, north of Jiangdong citys Guiyan Palace, Huiliu Palace, Songlin Palace, and the others, the Shugang Ten Palaces, were all built under his supervision.

Xu Ziling breathed out a mouthful of cold air, Yuwen Clan is in such a close relationship with the imperial household, how could one account book make any difference?

Thats why we must make a careful plan, Xiang Yushan said, Otherwise we wont be able to harm them but suffer a heavy loss instead.

It was only now did the two boys realize the dangerous nature of their mission; it was definitely not as easy as they thought.

But they were already riding on the tigers back; there was no way they could shrink back.

Thanks foxs.

I dont trust this Xiang Yueshan. And Susu has got a crush on him!😁

Got my count wrong on the chapters, Oh, well ... Any way I'm glad the boys have smartened up they just need to watch the food, the wine shouldn't be poisoned they should know after the last encounter with the gang people the boys would be watching and on edge. Kind of want to see this gang leader get beat around a bit, though letting Susu go and get sold by this dude after he has his fun would end that Achilles heal, instead from what you commented we will have her dragging around for a while having her apparent niativity wreak havoc, guessing maids in this time are way different than the ones I catch in mysteries, crime dramas and comics I've read / seen.

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs

foxs, I am sure we will be with you to the very end!

mountain root refer to upper part of nose.

Thanks, foxs.

Thanks foxs. You are one of the legendary translators of spcnet. So far all the projects you took up, you always finish them. In fact I noticed all the other legendary translators seem to have retired. You are still around to translate for us all here. We are very grateful to you. So nor matter how long it take we will be following you. Here to you

i will follow you as long as the internet connection are up, :P naah, as long as you keep this project on, i will always follow, and i'm really grateful that you do the trans ...
    keep it up, fighting!

Thanks foxs

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    Kou Zhong was confused, Could it be that Susu Jie does not miss Li Dage?

Biting her lip, Susu said in small voice, Even if I do, whats the use?

Hearing that, the two boys heart sank. Could it be that this divine woman had the heart, but in his rush to be a ruler Li Jing did not have the dream?

Susu looked at the two boys distressingly for a moment, and then she said with a hollow laugh, Your Li Dages ambition is higher than the sky, he does not have any care about boy-girl feeling; I plead you from now on not to put he and I together, is that alright? Besides, I basically am unworthy of him.

The two boys were left speechless, they both felt sorry for her, although they did not understand why she thought that she was unworthy.

Susu changed the subject; she smiled and said, You have not had the opportunity to tell Jiejie your encounters after we parted; why dont you let Jiejie listen?

It was just like the two boys have just met the only family they had in this whole wide world; chatting and laughing they narrated their experience this past year or so.

Susus pretty face blushed slightly as she said, Two Didi are so bad; all day long the only thing in your mind is visiting brothels.

Xu Ziling did not expect that after telling her about all kinds of exciting and dangerous adventures, the only thing Susu noticed was this aspect. Feeling terribly wronged, he said, It was Kou Zhongs idea, I was only forced to follow him.

Embarrassed, Kou Zhong laughed awkwardly, You, this guy, only know how to put the blame on me; you yourself dont have that desire?

Susus pretty face turned even redder; she irately said, Stop it! All men are like that.

The two boys looked at her in astonishment.

Susu lowered her pretty face, suddenly she spoke in mosquito-like voice, Do you want Jiejie to serve you?

Xu Ziling was greatly shaken, Susu Jie! he gasped.

Susu distressingly said, Jiejie already accompanied other men, and you are not my flesh and blood Didi, so whats the problem?

Kou Zhongs countenance changed, How could Jiejie be good with other men? Li Dage hey

Big drops of tears rolled down from Susus elegant eyes; hanging her head low she said, Jiejie is only a servant, masters order, I must obey; how can I make decision for myself?
    When will these 3 meet up with Li Jing to answer our questions of whether it's indeed impossible for...
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

Default Book 5 - Chapter 12, Part 1

Sky, so ...? What's the problem? George, maids in those days were the owner's property. Actually, the rich/powerful owned everybody else. Ysabel, HPC, Jaya, Komeng, you are welcome. Akolaw, thanks. I incorporated your info into my source. I will create the unabridged thread perhaps sometimes next week. CFT, Laoren, Bocah, I did say 'some of you', didn't I? Heck, even I might not stick around that long ... But thank you for your support, greatly appreciated. Xu Xiong, impossible for ... what? OK, here is the last chapter of Book 5, Book 6 seems to be more exciting.

Book 5 Chapter 12 The Battle of Two Clans

Xiang Yushan made arrangement that the three stayed in the cabins on the second level just below the top deck; the other three cabins across the hall, two belonged to Big Sister Xiao and Xiang Yushan. As for the last cabin, Xiang Yushan did not reveal the occupants identity to them.

For the last few days, Susu has been tossed from side to side, she was already exhausted. After the banquet, her qi bubbled up, she immediately went back to her room to sleep.

Kou Zhong went to Xu Zilings room to chat. This time we are doomed, he said, Looks like Su Jie has some interest toward that Xiang fellow. I dont understand it, even toward someone like Liu Heita she did not show any regards, but toward this fellow, whose face green and whose lips white all year long, who looks like he never have enough to eat, she could have good impression.

Xu Ziling was certain, I have no doubt that Su Jies real sweetheart is still Li Dage. I just dont know what had actually happened between the two of them that made Su Jies heart seems to be dead to him. No way! We must not let Su Jie fall in love with this fellow with dirty past.

Kou Zhong said, Unless we leave right away, it is very difficult for us to get involved in this kind of matter. But if we avoid the problem by walking away, we must think first whether Su Jie will be willing to, also not only it does not make sense, we will even lose the opportunity for revenge. Could it be that we can take the account book on our own and stop the sedan chair to cry out our grievances? [Translators note: the picture here is stopping government official on the street (who was usually traveling by riding sedan chair) to lodge a complain.] With one chop Yuwen Huaji would be able to kill us.

Do you trust that Xiang kid? Xu Ziling asked, If we dare to believe his words, simply hand over the account book to him, let him deal with it. And then we can go to Luoyang to look for Li Dage. That would be better than watching Su Jie with worried frown all day long.

What do you mean worried frown? Kou Zhong countered, Didnt you see that Xiang kid managed to coax happiness from her just now? But your proposal worth considering; if we came across Yuwen Huagu in Jiangdu, our little lives would be difficult to protect!

Xu Ziling shook his head and said, Still wont work. Niangs enmity must be avenged by us personally, if just because of little difficulty we then use someone else to achieve it, we are practically letting our own conscience down.

Kou Zhang was cross, Crooked, it was you who said it; straight, it was also you who said it, but now you seem to blame me?

Xu Ziling smiled apologetically, Just consider I am in the wrong! Hai! That loose Dajie [big sister] seems to be very interested in you; perhaps tonight she is going to grope your bed!

Kou Zhong jumped in fright, Dont talk nonsense, he said, If she found out that I am a green-head kid [i.e. a rookie], and afterwards she revealed my sealed red-packet, will I still a face to live my life? Ha! When we return to our hometown in brocade gown later, we must visit the biggest brothel, that Tianxian Lou [tianxian fairy, lou storied building], to look for that places most popular Miss Yuling to accompany us for a drink. Who knows? Based on our status, we may be able to get intimate with her.

Xu Ziling was not the least bit interested; he said, If you want to go, then you can go alone! Just make sure you wont bump into Yuwen Huagu.

Kou Zhong was astounded, Since when did you change your nature? Previously, didnt you want to hang around in the brothel more than I do?

As if he still had some lingering fears, Xu Ziling said, Every time we went to the brothel, which one did we have good ending? If you dont have the guts to look for a woman to accompany you for a drink, just ask that Xiang kid to come with you. Perhaps Tianxian Lou also belongs to his family.

Kou Zhongs eyes grew big. Ha! I get it, he said, Your interest is on that Zhen Sao who sells steamed buns [see Book 1, Chapter 1 & 2]. Kid, you are really bad!

Xu Ziling was so angry he nearly punched Kou Zhong to teach him a lesson. Am I that kind of person? he furiously asked, Zhen Sao is Old Fengs concubine. If you keep speaking nonsense, I wont talk to you anymore.

Kou Zhong laughed and said, Daye, please calm down. I just saw that you are too uptight, so I deliberately provoked you. You knew so well that brothels are very dangerous, yet you still want me to go alone to take risks? Can you be considered my brother?

Unable to argue with him, Xu Ziling helplessly said, Just do whatever you want to do! But you must never let Su Jie know.

Kou Zhong was greatly delighted, We have learned a little bit of disguising skill anyway, we could disguise ourselves as a bit older men, Yuwen Huagu has not seen us for many years, even if he came face-to-face with us, I guarantee that he would not have any idea.

Right this moment suddenly there was a knock on their door, Xiang Yushans voice said, Are two Dage still awake? May Xiaodi come in to chat for a moment or two?

The two boys frowned, but they really had no reason to refuse; without any better option, they had to let him in.

Xiang Yushan sat comfortably in front of them; he said with a laugh, I am accustomed to sleep late, I cant sleep before the third watch [between 11pm 1am]. I am really jealous of people who have the good fortune of falling asleep as soon as they lie down like Miss Susu.

Kou Zhong stood up; he left the bed and walked over to sit in one of the chairs by the window. Giving Xiang Yushan a sidelong glance, he said, No wonder your face is green your lips white all day long, like people who are drowsy.

Xiang Yushan let out a wry smile and said, My countenance is unsightly, but its definitely not because of lack of sleep, but two years ago, when I was training internal energy, I suffered fire deviation. Kou Xiong misunderstood!

Xu Ziling was astounded, So thats how it is. What exactly was the martial art that created a problem?

Xiang Yushan seriously said, Have you heard about the Yin Hou [Empress Yin] Zhu Yuyan?

The two boys shook their head with blank expression.

Xiang Yushan said, I am not surprised that you have not heard about her. Yin Hou Zhu Yuyan is the Sect Leader of Yin Gui Pai [not sure if it means anything or perhaps a place name: yin negative/feminine (from yin-yang), gui tenth in order, pai sect/school]. It is said that this Sect is the most mysterious gang or sect [bang pai] in Jianghu, extremely heretical. They are the mortal enemy of the equally mysterious, unfathomable Ci Hang Jing Zhai [again, not sure how to translate this: ci compassionate, hang boat/to sail, jing calm/not moving, zhai building/fort]. Every once in a while, both factions would send out their prominent disciples to have a life or death decisive battle against each other. It is said that whichever faction lost, for the next twenty years no one from that faction is allowed to take even half a step in Jianghu. Fortunately, for the last hundred years or so, Ci Hang Jing Zhai has always been the winner, otherwise, if Yin Gui Pai appeared and do evil, I really dont know what kind of disaster would befall the Jianghu.

Listening to his narration, Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling were you look at me, I glance at you, thinking that anything that happened in Jianghu, nothing could be considered too bizarre.

So this Zhu Yuyan is very formidable? Xu Ziling asked.

Xiang Yushan breathed out a mouthful of cold air, Do I need to tell you that? Our previous generation considered her to be the number one martial art master of the heretical world. According to our intelligence, after nearly a hundred years, the most outstanding masters Yin Gui Pai sent out are extremely confident that they would defeat Ci Hang Jing Zhais representatives in the next battle. If that were the real case, the ups and downs in the Jianghu would have another variable that is a lot more difficult to predict.

Is this person a man or a woman? Young or old? Kou Zhong wondered. [Translators note: in Chinese he and she sounds the same, although Xiang Yushan used female radical.]

That, I do not know! Xiang Yushan replied, My father has a bit of relationship with one of Yin Gui Pai elders, the information we have actually came from him, but it is limited to that much. Those who want to enter Yin Gui Pai, every single one of them must make heavy oath never to divulge any Sect matters to outsiders. That elder was drunk and had a slip of the tongue; afterwards he was extremely remorseful and implored my father not to tell others what he had just said.

Kou Zhong was baffled, If thats the case, why is it that you have no scruples in telling us about this matter now?

Xiang Yushan angrily said, Because it was because of him that I trained and damaged my body. Before leaving, he wrote a secret instruction on how to train martial art, telling my father to practice it. Realizing that he himself is not a good material to train upper-class martial art skill, my father handed over the secret manual to me. Who would have thought that it was something harmful? If the practitioner cannot refrain from sexual desire, his meridians and qi will deviate and he will perish. Not only that, once one started, one will be addicted and will practice endlessly until fire deviation occurs. Fortunately I have always been lazy, plus I dont like to sleep around with women. After suffering fire deviation, Jing Xian [sic, I think previously it was Xiao Xian] Bangzhu [gang leader] wasted considerable energy to save me, so that I did not become a handicapped person. Tell me, should I keep a secret for someone like him?

Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling stared blankly; it was only then did they realize that such a vicious, despicable man existed in the world. They could not help sympathizing with this Xiang Yushan fellow.

Kou Zhong cleared his throat and said, I cant believe you dont like sleeping with women.

Xiang Yushan embarrassedly said, Its not that I dont like sleeping with women, its just that I dont like to frequent brothels [orig. to pick the flowers and trample the grass], unless its with the woman that I really like. After fire deviation, my power diminished considerably, otherwise, why would I stop if I achieved any success?

Are you completely recovered now? Xu Ziling asked.

Xiang Yushan dejectedly replied, If I am fully recovered, my countenance would not be so unsightly. Every time theres a wind or a rain, extreme cold or extreme heat, I am aching all over and the pain is so unbearable that I wanted to commit suicide. That old thief indeed inflicted much suffering to me.

It cant be treated? Kou Zhong asked.

Xiang Yushan sighed. I lost track how many people have examined me, final verdict was unless someone with both extreme heat and extreme cold innate qi helping me unblocking my eight extraordinary channels, it would be difficult for me to recover.

Kou Zhongs heart was moved, Can two people do it? he asked.

Not impossible, Xiang Yushan replied, But to succeed, both cold and heat must be of common origin. Ay! Ordinarily, when people cultivate internal energy, they would lean to either hot or cold. The most appalling thing is that these two aspects must be innate qi. Martial art master who has this kind of innate qi, to find one is already very difficult, much less someone who simultaneously has both hot and cold qi? I have already given up early on!

Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling looked at each other; and then both of them burst out laughing at the same time, Kid! they said, You are saved!

By daybreak the next morning, the ship sailed past Chen Liu. Kou Zhong, Xu Ziling, Susu and Xiang Yushan, four people were having breakfast inside the cabin. Susu said in amazement, Xiang Gongzi must have had a very good sleep last night, you look a lot more spirited!

Xiang Yushan excitedly said, It has nothing to do with me sleeping well, but the chronic ailment that has been plaguing me for the last two years has been cured half by the two Dage last night. One more night and then I will be completely recovered. Kou Xiong and Xu Xiong have become like my second parents.

Kou Zhong was still alive, but he had no spirit, Not only I am not your parents, I am not your, this old kids Dage. You are merely counting your chicken before they are hatched, just one night and I am so exhausted that I feel like I am dying, and you want me to do it again tonight?

Xu Ziling still had lingering fears as well, Turns out Xiang Xiongs injury is so severe; I will need at least two days of rest before I could continue.

After asking what had happened, Susu said, If you want to save someone, you have to save him to the end! Today you ought to sit in meditation to cultivate your internal energy, once your spirit is restored, you ought to send streams of qi to cure Xiang Gongzis injury.

Xiang Yushan was both grateful and apologetic; he said, You should take two-day rest.

Kou Zhong was unhappy, Well see about that! he snapped, Right! Last night I forgot to ask you why the battle between Dugu Clan and Yuwen Clan is so fierce. Logically, since Yang Guangs birth mother was from the Dugu Clan, compared to the Yuwen Clan, they have a lot closer relationship with the imperial household, why would they let Yuwen Clan gain an upper hand?

Its a long story [orig. as long as a bolt of cloth], Xiang Yushan respectfully replied, All Yang Jians [first emperor of Sui (541-604), reigned 581-604] five sons were born of the Empress from Dugu Clan. At that time Yang Jian was immeasurably content, thinking that since they were blood brothers who shared the same mother, there would not be any strive over power or battle over the throne. Who would have thought that Laoer [second son] Yang Guang would murder his father and brothers in cold blood? Not only that, he also raped Yang Jians beloved imperial concubine Madame Chen, and promiscuously slept around womens apartment at the palace. Dugu Clan people have the most detailed knowledge about these matters; therefore, Yang Guang is extremely wary of them. For that reason he turned to the Yuwen Clan and trained them to control the Dugu Clan. Naturally there are a lot of others details in this matter that outsiders are not supposed to know, and thus I am not clear on it myself!

Thanks foxs! Finally caught up!

Hmm..Not liking Susu here. Her two brothers just spend their energy trying to save Xiang Yushan, and she told them they should cultivate quickly to gain back their lost energy and continue. It is not like they didn't want to save him, even Xu Ziling said he wanted two days rest before they continue, but Susu...sigh. With all they have done for her, and this is how she treat them. Maybe Susu had other motives! :O! That would be interesting to see! They really need to leave Susu somewhere else, she is weighing them down.

"sedan chair) to lodge a complain" > "a complaint"
    "But your proposal worth considering" > "proposal is worth"
    "disaster would befall the Jianghu." > "befall Jianghu."
    "Because it was because of him that I trained" > "It was because of" or "Because of him, I trained"
    "Not only I am not your parents" > "not your parent"
    "You are merely counting your chicken" > "your chickens"
    "there would not be any strive over power" > "any strife"

Thanks for another long update. I am amazed you can recall minor characters like Zhen Sao and Xiao Xian. Dialog contains amusing metaphors like "revealed my sealed red-packet." Those two chaps will surely encounter every clan in their adventures all over China.

Thanks foxs