Page 65 of 358 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 7159

Thread: 大唐双龙传 [Da Tang Shuang Long Zhuan] by Huang Yi

Thanks, foxs.

Thanks foxs

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    Xu Xiong, you are still onto that yin and yang stuff, right?
    I'm more into the romantic relationships... Yet the dichotomy between our two leads, whether in terms Yang & Yin, will (I presume) always be reiterated by Huang Yi.

I mentioned Xingyang, a couple of Posts back, mainly to kinda pre-empt criticism of Susu for :
    However, having to worry about Susus safety, they could only endure and keep the tone of their voice in check.
    And of today :
    Kou Zhong said, No matter what you want to do, I will support you, but you must not be hot-headed; first of all, we need to solve the problem of Su Jie, and then we can have a free hand in going all out.
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

huang Yi use his pen name Yi after I Ching, the foundation of Chinese School of philosophy because he love philosophy.

This is a book that I really want to read.
    It is translated into my mother language, but somehow it's only available for 3 books here.

After sometime, I found the old translation here, but since it's dropped, but I didn't want to read it. Then I found your thread.
    Thanks for your great effort foxs, and hope you blessed with the health and spirit to continue this work.

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs. Don't understand the bold phrase, can someone please explain.
    Kou Zhong grabbed his arm, Calm down! he said, Have you forgotten the moon in the well?

Kou Zhong craned his neck to look into the well; seeing the water at the bottom of the well reflecting the bright moon hanging high up in the sky, he laughed and said, Now this is called the universe [qiankun] inside the well. It is deeper and more unmeasurable than Ol Dies xiu li qiankun [universe inside the sleeve].

Following his lead, Xu Ziling also looked into the well. He laughed bitterly and said, I dont know what happened in this Dongping County; all inns are fully booked, but the streets are clear and empty. Hey!

Kou Zhong was puzzled, You are looking at the bright moon inside the well; why make so much fuss about nothing?

Xu Ziling appeared to be deep in thought, his tiger eyes lit up, I seemed to have just grabbed an important point, but its so hard to explain.

Kou Zhong stared blankly for half a day, and then he looked into the reflection inside the well again. As it turns out, a cloud was passing by, so that the moon appeared to be suddenly hidden. Suddenly he also felt something indescribable at the bottom of his heart.

Xu Ziling spoke as if he was in a dream, Didnt Niang say that her Shifu often said that everyone has sufficient resources within himself? This well is self-sufficient. The water inside the well is just like the treasure-trove within human body; it can be used and can be changed into anything. Like this moment for example, it creates the bright moon in the well. Are you saying that is not the real moon? The fact is, real or fake, its hard to distinguish. Whatever you think it is, it will appear exactly like that.

Kou Zhongs pair of big eyes brightened; he slapped the wells fence and said, Well said! Watch this! He randomly picked a pebble and tossed it into the well.

Splash! The bright moon turned into rippling, wavy lights, and it was quite a while later that the water returned to its previous state.

I understand now! Xu Ziling shouted gleefully, This is indeed some kind of formidable mental cultivation. When I was facing the enemy in the past, at the beginning I could still be calm, just like the clear water inside the well reflecting everything in the surrounding area. But once the fighting started, I was fuming with rage and everything was immediately forgotten.

Kou Zhong sighed and said, You have not been thorough enough. Just like when we saw Ol Die, we immediately turned into a mouse seeing a cat. Same thing happened last time we were facing Shang Gong. If we could overcome our panic and maintain the same calmness we can usually achieve during practice, we could become like the clear water in the well, able to reflect everything in the surrounding area. This is completely different from our condition before.

Xu Ziling leaned over and pressed his cheek against the ice-cold edge of the well; he sighed and said, I am awfully happy! If I can excel in this kind of no-victory no-defeat, no-demand no-desire, and forever-will-not-be-tempted realm just like the bright moon in the well, I would be willing to have my life shortened by ten years.

Kou Zhong wanted to say something...
    Yeah, I seem to remember these things...
    Last edited by 徐中銳; 07-14-15 at 03:06 AM.
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

Thanks foxs.

wow.. I read several chapters in succession.. and it seems that the story is really getting faster..
    several chapters ago they were just getting away from LM, and now they have met XYS, beautiful shifu, fought with one of the leader, met the emperor, flee from the emperor, and probably going to get their old gang as their soldiers from the look of it..

Thanks foxs.. its getting more interesting..

Quote Originally Posted by 徐 中 銳 View Post
    Yeah, I seem to remember these things...
    Many thanks Xu Siong. I have forgottrn this. You are the encyclopedia of this tread. I am amazed at your power of recall.

Among the food stalls in the South Gate Market, Ol Fengs vegetable and meat steamed bun [baozi] was the most famous. On top of that, the sales lady was Ol Fengs young mistress, Zhen Sao [lit. Sister-in-law Zhen], who had countenance of a flower, face like the moon. She became the living advertising board to drum up business. By the time the Ol Feng brought out a tray full of steaming hot vegetable and meat steamed buns from the kitchen, the impatient customers who have been waiting outside immediately scrambled forward to hand over the money in their hands.

While Sister-in-law Zhen was busy and dripping wet with fragrant sweats, suddenly a big head belonging to a teenager stuck out from the crowd; with big smile on his face [orig. brows raised in delight and eyes laughing] he said, Eight vegetable and meat steamed buns, please. Zhen Sao, how are you?

It was Xu Ziling. Because he was afraid Ol Feng might see him, he deliberately hunched over that he was half as tall as the other people; his posture looked quite comical, actually. Fortunately his features were unusually charming; his eyes were long and lively, his nose straight and the bridge of his nose was quite high, his forehead wide, the corners of his mouth curled up in smile as bright as the sunshine. If not for his face was greasy and dirty, his clothes were shabby, plus he was beaten up by Yan Laoda that his face was blue and his lips swollen; so his appearance right now was quite unsightly, hence people did not have any reason to compliment him.

When Sister-in-law Zhen saw him, the first thing she did was casting a worried look over at the Ol Feng and the evil first wife in the kitchen; seeing that they did not notice the situation over here, she was relieved. While serving the other customers, she pretended to protest coquettishly, No money yet you want to imitate other people buying steamed buns?

With a forced laugh Xu Ziling said, Just a bit of delay, none will be lacking, tomorrow I will definitely pay you back.

With the quickest movement Sister-in-law Zhen grasped four steamed buns; after a slight hesitation she picked two more, and then wrapped everything nicely in paper, and stuffed it into his hands, while scolding him in low voice, This is the last time. Ay! Look how bad you have been beaten.

Xu Ziling squealed in joy and withdrew from the crowd...
    Thanks Laoren, in truth, I just like to re-read in order to link back the past for present happenings And the above, from (way back) Book 1 - Chapter 2, highlights why Xu esteems highly Zhen Sao...
    Last edited by 徐中銳; 07-14-15 at 06:43 PM.

Default Book 6 - Chapter 4, Part 2

Bocah, not always the same time, but most of the time its early evening my time. You are in Asia, I suppose? I wanted to say Indonesia, but the time signature indicates that you posted it at around 7am Jakarta time. Do you work that early? George, yes, I remember that scene in the book, dont remember the movie though. HPC, Jaya, Ysabel, Anh, Sky, you are welcome. Xu Xiong, thanks for responding to Lao Qianbeis inquiry. Akolaw, thanks for the info. Georgius, thanks for the prayer. I remember someone else said that this novel is available in his native language for 5 books, but I never knew which language that was. What is yours, if I may ask? Ari, yes, after this, the pace will pick up a bit. Here's the end of Chapter 4.

Kou Zhong casually asked, Hows Yan Laoda?

You still have the nerve to ask about him? Gui Xiliang said, I dont know what kind of thing the two of you stole from some government official, you implicated more than a hundred people; since then, no one has seen them. I heard it has something to do with Yuwen Huaji; is that right?

Kou Zhong heaved a deep sigh and said, Dont worry! I guarantee that Yuwen Huaji wont have too many days to live. That muddleheaded ruler will soon open him up with a saber.

Gui Xiliang snorted disdainfully, Your dead character has never changed. Yuwen Huaji basically never has any regards toward that muddleheaded ruler; before his death, Bangzhu had a very good relationship with him, he even said that Yuwen Huaji even dare to steal the muddleheaded rulers women.

Kou Zhongs countenance changed, Do you know which one he stole? he asked.

Naturally the most beautiful one, Gui Xiliang replied, Otherwise, why would he risk his life to steal her? Do you think he dislike having a long life?

Kou Zhong groaned inwardly; the most beautiful women by Yang Guangs side were Xiao Fei and Zhu Fei [reminder: fei means imperial concubine]. Zhu Fei was Baling Bang people, so there shouldnt be any problem. But if it were Xiao Fei, then Yuwen Huaji should know that he and Xu Ziling have come to Jiangdu especially to do harm to him.

The more he thought, the more he was alarmed; no longer in the mood to chitchat with this guy, he hurried away.

Xu Ziling was waiting for Kou Zhong, empty-handed. The latter asked in surprise, The clothes?

Xu Ziling indignantly said, All satin garments and used clothing stores have been looted bare; they all closed down their businesses for good. Everybody said that wherever the muddleheaded ruler went, there wouldnt be law and order in that place. Failing the peoples heart like this, I really wish to kill him with one punch. Huh? Why is your countenance so unsightly?

Kou Zhong craned his neck out to look around, a squad of Sui troops has just passed by. Lowering his voice he said, Did you see anything different about those Sui troops?

Xu Ziling thought he was still referring to the men that Dugu Sheng sent to catch them. Nothing different to me, he replied, In my opinion, currently the morale of the troops is in a mess, even if there is any order from above, they wont necessarily do it wholeheartedly.

Kou Zhong sighed and said, What I am worried about is not that matter, rather, Yuwen Huaji might have received information about his unfavorable situation. Quick! Lets go find Su Jie, Ill tell you along the way!

Xiang Yushan proved himself to be a scholar of ability and wisdom; the safe house was at the outskirt just south of the city, not far from the Yangtze River. If any problem arose, it would be very convenient to escape either via the water or on land.

On the outside, it was no different than an ordinary family mansion, but it was actually Baling Bangs secret hideout.

By the time the two boys stepped into the courtyard, they immediately felt something was unusual. One of Baling Bang leaders told them in low voice, Dugu Sheng and Fei Yun are here.

Kou Zhong had already guessed that they would, so he simply laughed aloud and calmly and boldly he strode into the hall.

Xu Ziling, who was following behind him, had a strange feeling; formerly this good brother of his was just a kid, but facing such a tough enemy he had shown his able side.

Dugu Sheng grandly sat in the middle of the hall, on his side were Xiang Yushan, Susu and Big Sister Xiao, on the other side was the ill-countenanced Fei Yun. Only Yun Yuzhen was not present.

On either side stood five, six big men wearing embroidered robe, with just one glance it was clear that these men were martial art masters of the Imperial Bodyguards.

Dugu Shengs eyes were flickering sharply as he shouted with heavy voice, What do you two think you are doing?

Kou Zhong leisurely halted his steps, his eyes swept across the hall, and he giggled and said, We, two brothers, also want to know what do you think you are doing? You lightly scolded us as slaves, and locked us up as prisoners. Hey! Lets have everybody judge fairly between us.

Xiang Yushan cast a deeply concerned glance toward Susu, who was so scared that her face was devoid of any color; he stood up and said, Its good that Kou Xiong and Xu Xiong came back, this is just a little misunderstanding. Come! Sit down and lets talk.

Fei Yun was putting on an air of big official; he slapped the armrest and shouted, What misunderstanding? Yushan, you sit down, lets clear up this matter first.

Noticing Susu was scared, Xu Ziling empathized with her; letting out a cold laugh, he said, I dont understand why you are still nagging endlessly; the smart thing to do right now is immediately slip away, if you tarry much longer, I am afraid it will be too late.

Dugu Sheng understood his implication, he raised his hand to stop Fei Yun, who was about to flare out in anger, and spoke in heavy voice, Can Xu Xiongdi speak a bit more clearly?

Kou Zhong spoke up, I just heard information that one of His Highness favorite concubines has secret ties with Yuwen Huaji. Therefore, our secret plan is no longer a secret. If you were Yuwen Huaji, what would you do?

Everybodys countenance changed immediately.

Suppressing his anger, Fei Yun asked, Where did you get the information from? Do you know which imperial concubine?

From Zhuhua Bang people, Kou Zhong replied, I heard that the late Bangzhu was Yuwen Huajis man, and thats how I learned about the incident.

Fei Yun was seething with anger, Turns out its that thief who did not know how to appreciate favors.

From the tone of his voice, it was obvious that if the death of Zhuhua Bangs late Bangzhu was not directly related to him, he must have had some connection with it.

Dugu Sheng turned to one of his men, Zhu Ming, did you see anything unusual with Yuwen Clans troops activity today?

The tall and thin Zhu Ming shook his head and replied, We have been closely monitoring Yuwen Huaji, Yuwen Shiji and Yuchi Shengs men, we did not see anything unusual.

Dugu Sheng breathed a sigh of relief; he said, Wind from an empty cave cannot be without any cause. Moreover, Yuwen Huaji has always had free access to the Imperial Palace, so this matter is highly possible. Fortunately, Laofu [lit. old man, referring to self] has been well-prepared; in the next two days, I have strict order that no one is to leave the Palace

Xu Ziling cut him off, Now its not the time to comfort ourselves; didnt you see that last night our men managed to slip out of the Palace? If one of those men cast his lot with Yuwen Huaji, plus the secret information from that unknown imperial concubine spy, Yuwen Huaji should have a clear picture of his unfavorable situation.

Big Sister Xiao joined in, Who currently holds power over the military?

Dugu Sheng replied, All His Highness personal bodyguards have been with Laofu for many years, more or less there shouldnt be any problem. However, whether they are harboring some disloyal thought, or perhaps they have been bought, even Laofu does not dare to guarantee.

Fei Yun added, Other than personal bodyguards, there are also Jiangdus own garrison and the Imperial Guards that are coming with His Highness. The former is under Yuchi Shengs command, the latter under Sima Dekan. Yuwen Huaji and Yuwen Shiji do not have direct authority over military affair.

The tone of his voice softened as he said, This official is slightly mistaken, hereby I sincerely apologize to two Xiao Xiongdi. This matter should not be delayed, we must take advantage before Yuwen Huaji finds out about it to strike first and gain the upper hand; pull the Yuwen familys root from Jiangdu, otherwise it will cause no end of trouble. Would two gentlemen immediately come with this official to have an audience with His Highness? His Highness sacred self has already returned to the royal city.

Xiang Yushan also urged, Two Dage must use this opportunity to avenge your benevolent masters big enmity, before Yuwen Huaji finds out about this matter, act fast; otherwise, if you miss this opportunity, there wont be any second chance.

Kou Zhong spoke indifferently, So there is really no sign of troop movement or any rebellion?

Hearing the tone of his voice, everybody was startled.

Susu could not help asking, Xiao Zhong, what do you have in mind? Quickly speak up!

Xu Zilings intelligence was on par with Kou Zhong, he understood immediately. How many men did Sima Dekan take to pursue Dou Xian? When did he leave? he asked.

Dugu Sheng was shaken, Do you think he is going to rebel? he asked.

Kou Zhong said, Soldiers and officers ran away, he will take the blame. Does he have good relationship with Yuwen Huaji?

Zhu Mings countenance changed; he said, Before Commander set off this morning, he stopped by Zongguan mansion to see Yuwen Huaji and Yuchi Sheng.

Fei Yun stood up abruptly. Thats not right! his voice trembled, He has no reason to bring twenty-thousand men just to pursue Dou Xians several hundred men.

Xu Ziling said, His pursuit of Dou Xian is just an empty threat. In my opinion, no later than tonight, he will lead the troops back to join Yuchi Sheng and Yuwen Huajis troops to kill their way into the Imperial Palace.

Fei Yuns countenance became extremely unsightly, This is extremely urgent, he said anxiously, We must enter the Palace immediately to report to His Highness.

Hold on! Kou Zhong shouted, We are willing to accompany you braving this danger, but you must let our Jiejie leave Jiangdu first, so that we wont have any fears of trouble in the rear.

Dugu Sheng and Fei Yun exchanged glances; they hesitated and were unable to make decision. Without Susu, if these two boys employed some tricks and slip away again, they would have no way of finding them back, plus currently time was not on their side.

No! Susu mournfully said, I will wait for you and we will leave together.

Kou Zhong smiled wryly and said, Then if something bad happens, nobody will be able to leave. I am afraid that for Yuwen Huaji, this house is no longer a secret.

Xiang Yushan patted his chest as a guarantee and said to Dugu Sheng and Fei Yun, My two Dage are men who dare to do and dare to take responsibility, plus they have deep enmity against Yuwen Huaji. Two Daren can rest assured.

Dugu Sheng reluctantly nodded his approval.

Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling bade their farewell to Susu. Only after handing her over to Xiang Yushan did they enter the How do you catch the tiger cub without entering the tiger's lair? frame of mind, and followed Dugu Sheng and Fei Yun back into the city.

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs.

Another round at the palace. Will things go differently this time around?

yep, i'm in Indonesia, but not Jakarta, just on the same island. my office started at 7.30 am. most offices started at 8 though, even 9 in Jakarta. schools started at 7. . .
    thanks foxs

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs

Thanks, foxs.

Thks foxs.