Page 70 of 358 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 7159

Thread: 大唐双龙传 [Da Tang Shuang Long Zhuan] by Huang Yi

Quote Originally Posted by BocahTuaNakal View Post
    to be honest, now i want the boys to be separated ... they need to honed their own 'way' ...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.mcescher.com/Shopmain/ShopEU/facsilimeprints/data/1000/13%20Bird%20Fish.jpg')
    Similarly, (like their spiritual totems) they're still traveling together...

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    I mean, the worst that (I hope) would happen was they parted ways. But we'll see together ...
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

Thanks foxs

Xu Ziling roared in laughter and said, Dont like to me, there must be another reason.

... Don't lie ....?

Thks foxs.

Thanks foxs. Finally managed to read the last 2 chapters.

First, in the very first volume they swore to each other to climb to the top, with Kou as emperor and Xu as prime minister, and these boys have impressed me as ones that keep their word for good or bad. The second, I too would like to see them separate and grow but I think that it can't happen yet as they have two things they have to do together at the moment, the first is the job they discussed in this section and all that involves. The second can only be done when they are stronger so a temporary separation may come before that and may not even be finished until the final volumes.

I can almost guarantee the two bros will have a major fallout. The conflict will probably center around doing the right thing vs. for the good of the empire. Brotherhood will resolve their differences. If Su Jie survives to the climax, I can totally see her as the conflict piece.

Thanks foxs.

Does KZ know something aout the Li brothers that XZL doesnt know? Why was he smirking? This may foreshadow the boys' relationship in the future. XZL thinks brothers are like hands and feet and fight harships and reap benefits together, but KZ probably think differently. And hopefully Susu will not appear again for a long long long time. It's best if the author just forgets about her like he did so many other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
    Li brothers
    How they were to each other formed history. Did Huang Yi change that outcome (or is he, truly, the one smirking ) ?
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

Li brother's case,

History repeat itself, when the founding father need the help of his prince to establish the empire, and then reward another prince as crown prince, what will happen??

Sui Emperor (the guy just got kill) murder his elder brother and with the help of Duke Yang (one who leave the treasure) rise to the throne.

Now Li Siemin is the 2nd son of Li Yuen, and he is the one that push and successful get Li Yuen to be future emperor, but he is not Sie Ge (Successor to father's post), How would this be settle.

Similar thing happen in Sung and Ming, but they are uncle and nephew's fight.

Sorry for the typo I mean Sie Ji (not Sie Ge)

Sui Emperor Yang Guan united whole China by invading South China (Chan Dynasty), and therefore have great merit in the empire, while his father get the throne from his weak son in law.

Default Book 6 - Chapter 8, Part 2

HPC, Jaya, Ysabel, you are welcome. Bocah, Xu Xiong, George, good point, but judging from the length of this story, I doubt that that will happen anytime soon. DongBin, good catch, I'll fix it. Lao Qianbei, I did not even realize you were gone. 9Dragons, Sky, Akolaw, I have no comment, since by this time of the story Li Shimin only had minor appearances (only twice, if I recall correctly, in the account book affair).

Unlike Kou Zhong, Xu Ziling was concerned about Li Shimin; he said, Hows the situation in Guanzhong?

Guanzhong capital is a piece of fatty meat [fig. cash cow], everybody wants to eat it up. Li Mi and Yang Shichong [theres this name again, I dont know whether it was a typo or different character from Wang Shichong] actually had a lot of chances to snatch it away from the Li Clan at Changan, but they are curbing each others move that in the end nobody could make any move. Do you still remember that guy Xue Ju?

Xu Zilings memory was exceptionally good; he nodded and said, That was the guy who wanted to copy Qin Shihuang [first emperor, 259-210 BC], that idiot who called himself Xi Qin Bawang [the overlord of the western Qin], right? His dominion Jincheng is west of Changan. Do you think he is fighting for food against the Li Clan?

Kou Zhong said, Kid, you are so smart that others cannot help loving you, one guess and you hit the target. This idiot claimed to have a hundred and thirty thousand men under him, and looked down on Li Yuan. Unexpectedly he dared to recklessly attack a solid city like Changan, and was beaten by that Li kid outside the city, and had to crawl back home before he finished eating, thus his prestige also took a large fall.

Xu Ziling asked in amazement, This place is so far away from Guanzhong, how could you describe it with living spirit, living image, as if you have witnessed it with your own eyes?

Kou Zhong proudly said, In this small town, at least one out of four people is a refugee from the north. I am just adding a little imagination to that, and you are listening with smile of exultation.

Xu Ziling said, The big battle between Wang Shichong and Li Mi is inevitable, I just dont know who won and who lost.

Kou Zhong smiled mysteriously and said, Turns out you havent forgotten Shen Poniang.

Xu Ziling let out a forced laugh; he said, You have contracted the incurable disease of using too much imagination. I was only concerned over the situation of the world. If this chaotic situation continues, common people will have to suffer I dont know how much more pain.

Kou Zhong said, Since that muddleheaded rulers death, the situation is getting more tangled and complicated. One of the so-called five martial art masters of Sui Dynasty, Shen Faxing, and thus is one strong character outside the Four Powerful Clans who is able to gather his descendants based on surname connection, took office as the Governor of Wuxing. On the pretext that he was attacking Yuwen Huaji, he gathered sixty-thousand Sui troops, to occupy Kunling. His fame and power flourished suddenly, and called himself Jiangnan Dao Da Zongguan [the big steward of Jiangan (area south of Yangtze River) road], in direct opposition to Li Zitong and our Ol Die. These rebel armies, one was originally Sui troops, and the other was originally born from grass and pond, have deep enmity against each other. Water and fire cannot tolerate each other.

In that case, Xu Ziling said, Li Clans victory over Xue Ju is actually a crucial turning point, because from now on they no longer fear threats from the west, and can simply sit and watch the heroes of the Central Plains killing each other.

Kou Zhong smiled and said, I know that you always think highly of that Li kid, but he and his brother Li Jiancheng once wanted to attack Luoyang, in the end there was neither accomplishment nor pay back. The current situation is a stale-mate; nobody is able to do anything to the other side.

Xu Ziling pressed Kou Zhongs cup down. Dont drink too much! he said, Something might happen tonight.

Kou Zhong pushed his hand aside and drained his cup in one gulp. There was an unusual glint in his eyes as he said, This is the last cup.

Xu Ziling knew that he had evoked the bad memory of Li Xiuning in Kou Zhongs mind. Sighing inwardly, he pulled Kou Zhong back to their room at the inn.

That night indeed there were Jianghu people who acted recklessly by coming to them looking for trouble, but they were beaten to be in a sorry state by the two boys, and ended up running away with broken arms and broken feet. The two boys knew it was only the beginning, so they might as well not hiding their identity, as they swaggered through towns and villages, pressing on toward their training beach.

They were not people who love to flaunt their courage and strength at all, while deliberately elusive, sometimes for two, three days they trained in the wilderness, cultivating the internal energy from the Secret to Long Life, baffling those who were trying to follow their trails.

On one hand, they were focused on their training; on the other hand, they wanted to use these endless streams of people who were coming to their door coveting Li Mis reward as their target practice, to see whether the technique they previously learned could be thoroughly blended with what they had just learned, or perhaps with their own interpretation, to become even more comprehensive, to enable them to control the true qi within their body smoothly, and to bring out the innate quality to its extreme saturation.

One day the two boys chatted about making a stop at Yuhang, so they paid taxes as required by the rules and entered the city. Kou Zhong laughed and said, I wonder if those b@stards Haisha Bang [see Book 2 Chapter 4] still exists? Now that the Yuwen Clan is powerless to defend itself, Haisha Bang cannot flaunt their viciousness. We might as well tear down their Yuhang Division, forcing them to offer us a big ship, with a hundred sailors, a thousand sacks of salt, and ten thousand beauties. Ha! The more I think, the happier I am.

Xu Ziling swept his gaze around, the scene on the streets did not look much different from what he remembered, only there were a lot more Jianghu people around, but no one dared to look directly at them, obviously these people knew who they were. Some even made a detour to avoid them.

Laughing aloud, he said, Gain the initiative by striking first, it can really save us a lot of trouble. This place is probably Shen Faxings territory, someone who has been a government official is, after all, different; everything in this place is clear and orderly, unlike Ol Dies place that looks like a mess.

Kou Zhong halted his steps and pointed to a shop across the street. Do you remember? he said, Its here! Look! Everyone in that bunch of people at the door has ominous glint in their eyes, their expression looks bad.

Xu Ziling looked over; he recalled Haisha Bang Yuhang Divisions Vice Helmsman Tan Yong, who that night walked out of precisely that place.

Just like that night, about a dozen Haisha Bang disciples gathered in that store, everybody had a weapon in his hand, everybody was glaring at the two boys, as if they were ready to fight at any time.

Kou Zhong said, That idiot Dragon [King] Han Gaidi [reminder: his real name was Gaitian, tian heaven, di earth] mustve thrown his lot to Shen Faxing, otherwise, I would be surprised if he is not swept out of Yuhang. Shen Faxing made it clear that he is on crusade against the Yuwen Clan; thereby Han Gaidi, who is accustomed to piloting the ship, has a deep understanding on how to steer the rudder by looking at the wind.

Xu Ziling took the initiative this time, he strode across the street straight toward that store; beckoning Kou Zhong to come along, he said, Attacking the unprepared is the best policy! Cmon good brother!

Kou Zhong laughed and followed him, just like they were going to play a fun game.

Right this moment, they both felt that they had grown up to be adults, no longer two young marketplace hooligans.

thanks foxs

Thanks foxs.

Thks foxs.

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs. Ahhh...our two guys..... (can't call them boys now, since they insist they are now adults)

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    Du Fuwei explained further, Li Yuan cant be considered anything; however, this dog father unexpectedly begot a tiger cub Li Shimin.
    The above portrayal of Li Yuan... His rebellion (which foxs has translated) for example, I'd read his entry at Wiki (note the last sentence I underlined) :
    Traditional accounts, compiled during the reign of Li Yuan's second son by the Duchess Dou, Li Shimin (Emperor Taizong), emphasize the latter's initiative and major role in instigating his father's rebellion. According to these, Li Shimin was secretly planning rebellion against Sui rule with Pei Ji the majordomo of Emperor Yang's secondary palace and with Liu Wenjing the magistrate of Jinyang County (晉陽, i.e., Taiyuan), but at first did not reveal their plans to Li Yuan. At Li Shimin's urging, Pei Ji, who had also earlier, against regulations, allowed Li Yuan to have sexual relations with some of late Emperor Wen's imperial concubines, persuaded Li Yuan that it was necessary for him to rebel. Modern researchers, however, have concluded that the initiative for the revolt came from Li Yuan himself.
    Let's remember that this story is historical-wuxia-fiction

Thanks, foxs.

Thanks foxs