Page 91 of 358 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 7159

Thread: 大唐双龙传 [Da Tang Shuang Long Zhuan] by Huang Yi

Thanks, foxs.

Quote Originally Posted by 徐 中 銳 View Post
    問世間,情是何物?直教生死相許
    Well-said Xu Xiong. SWJ may eventually finds her place where she belongs. This big clash between Ba and the two brothers seem getting postponed too often. Reminds me of those old Taiwan TV wuxia serials where the cliffhangers almost always disappoint into nothingness. Thks foxs.

Quote Originally Posted by LuDongBin View Post
    Well-said Xu Xiong.
    Thanks Am somewhat steeped in Cantopop culture...

And following on from the previous last word, I'm always moved by this Sam Hui song :

And that full poem (featured a few times in RoCH ?) :
    問世間,情是何物?直教生死相許。
    天南地北雙飛客,老翅幾回寒暑。
    歡樂趣,離別苦,就中更有痴兒女。
    君應有語,渺萬里層雲,
    千山暮雪,隻影向誰去!

橫汾路,寂寞當年簫鼓,
    荒煙依舊平楚。
    招魂楚些何嗟及,山鬼暗啼風雨。
    天也妒,未信與,鶯兒燕子俱黃土。
    千秋萬古,為留待騷人,
    狂歌痛飲,來訪雁丘處。
    摸魚兒
    元好問 (1190-1257)

Not knowing the full fate of Shan Wanjing, I really wish it works out well for her...
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

Thanks Foxs

Default Book 7 Chapter 13

HPC, ycb, Ysabel, Lao Qianbei, Anh, Chua, Jaya, Abhay, you are welcome. Sky, I beg to differ. First, there was this one guy that they called general that the boys thought was Shan Wanjings boyfriend, but I dont think the author explicitly stated who the fiance was. Second, my guess is that Li Shimin and Shan Wanjing only had business relation. It was Li Xiuning who suggested something more, and Li Shimin reminded her that he was married. And then it was the boys who thought Shan Wanjing had a rendezvous with Ba Fenghan. Again, the author never explicitly stated that she had a crush on either one of those men. Besides, would you have a tryst with a guy you like in a brothel? Or from Ba Fenghans point of view: he would not have told Fu Junyu about his appointment with Shan Wanjing if he thought any romantic feeling was involved. On both cases, it was outsiders who kind of speculate that Shan Wanjing had special feeling toward Li Shimin and Ba Fenghan. Compare it to her behavior toward Xu Ziling, which was explicitly spelled out by the author. But I admit that this is all based on my memory, i.e. I did not re-read the chapters. So I might be wrong here. Bocah, let me guess: you are still single? A word of advice: dont ever try to understand women. Akolaw, nice analysis. I agree with you in that the Princess was angry at Xu Ziling because he did not return her affection, or at least did not show any sign that he was interested in her. Xu Xiong, DongBin, Anyway, here is the END of Book 7 ... 56 more to go ... SIGH ...

Book 7 Chapter 13 Troops Movement Into Danger

That night, Tieqi Hui and the Chu Army, who was responsible for city defense, conducted a house-to-house search operation. Xing Fa Long, where Kou, Xu, and the others stayed was no exception.

Fortunately, everybody had formal entry-exit document, plus Niu Fangcai has secretly sent out bribes, hence they were able to get through this ordeal safe and sound.

After the enemy left, Xiang Yushan made an executive decision, This time our plot fell through and stood exposed, Ren Shaoming is already alerted, we lost the opportunity. The most terrible thing is that he has seen through our intention to make our move at the Chun Zai Lou.

Everybody understood that unless it was a public place like Chun Zai Lou, where they could have an accurate grasp of the time and place, basically they would have no way of proceeding with the assassination.

Yun Yuzhen sighed and said, We will leave town first thing tomorrow morning. The longer we stay, the more danger we face.

Chen Laomou, who was bandaging the skin and flesh wound on Kou Zhongs right arm, which he suffered during the escape, nodded and said, We would be very lucky if we could leave safely.

Xu Ziling said indifferently, You all are leaving tomorrow, but Zhong Shao and I will definitely stay.

Bu Tianzhi was stunned. That is not a sensible approach, he said.

Giggling, Kou Zhong said, In short, one day we have not died, there is still chance of success.

Xiang Yushan smiled wryly and said, In that case we all are staying. Besides, for the time being there wont be any problem with our identity.

No! Xu Ziling resolutely said, You must leave tomorrow, while we will pretend we are staying to discuss some business. If you dont leave, in case we have to leave in a hurry there will be a lot of concerns.

Yun Yuzhens countenance turned pale; she said in heavy voice, Is this risk worth taking? Whats the difference with delivering your lives?

Kou Zhong said with a sneer, Beautiful Shifu, do you think we are idiots who would be willing to die for nothing? Please obediently return to Baling and wait for the news of our victory there!

Biting her lower lip, Yun Yuzhen spoke with determination, You are not leaving, I will stay.

A strange expression appeared on Bu Tianzhis face. After staring at his Gang Leader for a moment, he said, It would be best if two Gongzi tell us your plan. If Bangzhu thinks it is feasible, and she knows that our leaving will be advantageous to the gentlemens operation, she might be willing to depart one step ahead of you.

This remark was reasonable and fair. Kou Zhong sighed and said, The reason is very simple: Ren Shaoming basically does not have any regards of us in his eyes.

Xu Ziling added, Even if he really has any apprehension about us, he would never let others know, or perhaps let his subordinates know. Therefore, he might pretend that he did not care and would still go to Chun Zai Lou to look for Huo Qi.

Of course! Kou Zhong said with a laugh, Even when he and Huo Qi are having sex, he would definitely have that pair of meteor hammers stuffed under the pillow. Ha! How can he sleep with that kind of pillow?

Ignoring everybody elses reaction, Xu Ziling continued, Before the assassination operation, all Niu Shus [uncle] men over there must leave first, because we are going to use these identities to act.

Frowning, Xiang Yushan said, But, under this kind of situation, Evil Monk and Amorous Nun will definitely be nearby to protect their master, even if you have a chance to act, you wont be able to harm even half a strand of Ren Shaomings hair.

Niu Fangcai also nodded and said, Ren Shaomings men might even greatly enhance the security. Under these circumstances, I am afraid you wont even get a chance to get close to him.

Kou Zhong smiled wryly and said, If not for the danger, why would we insist on you leaving one step ahead of us?

Xu Ziling added, Only when we have no fear of trouble in the rear will we have a chance to escape after the mission is accomplished.

Echoing one another, Kou Zhong said, Dont forget that we are the world best when it comes to escaping. Otherwise we would not be sitting here urging you to cooperate with us.

Bu Tianzhi agreed, We understand, he said. Turning to Xiang Yushan and Yun Yuzhen, he said, Wed better move upstream to wait for two Gongzi. As long as they manage to get back to the ship, we will be able to leave safely.

Disgruntled, but had no other choice, Yun Yuzhen grumbled, You dont have any chance. And then she stormed back to her room.

Losing Yun Yuzhens support, Xiang Yushan was forced to give in. After discussing the details of their plan, everybody returned to their room to rest.

Kou Zhong followed Xu Ziling back to his room. Wrapping his arm around Xu Zilings shoulder, he said with a laugh, How did you do that with your palm? You scared the entire hall that they scrambled out in fear.

Xu Ziling pondered over it for a while before responding, This is really strange. Just like when we were at the Training Beach that day, when we struck unintentionally; before, we never thought about that, after, we could not repeat it. It seems to me that we still have potential that we have not been able to bring out yet.

Kou Zhong sighed and said, Your stance when you were facing Fengshi Han was also very brilliant. Humph! I want to see if that stinky Princess and that Ba guy still dare to look down on us, two brothers.

Xu Ziling indignantly said, There will come a day I am going to knock that Fengshi Han down.

Kou Zhong asked in surprise, You seldom care about victory and defeat, why is it that Fengshi Han is an exception?

Xu Ziling sat down. He mused, Perhaps because I feel that he is playing with Yu Yis feeling?

Kou Zhong sat down across from him. Leaning forward, he asked in a low voice, Is it really that it has nothing to do with Shan Wanjing?

Of course not! Xu Ziling replied crossly, I have never really cared about her.

Kou Zhong leaned back on his chair; slapping his own forehead, he said, If stinky Princess heard you, she will be inconsolably heart-broken. Toward you, she really cannot distinguish love from hate, otherwise, she would not have come between the two of you, forcing Ba fenghan to beat the gong to recall the troops.

A bit agitated, Xu Ziling said, Its late! We really need some rest.

Kou Zhong had no choice but to get up to leave. But as he reached for the door, he turned around and said, Xiao Ling! I really appreciate you. If you were unwilling to stay to help me deal with Ren Shaoming, I would have had to follow the troop home, and that would be the biggest regret that I will never be able to make up. Only then did he push the door and leave.

Xu Ziling flicked his finger to put out the lantern before entering the darkness of his bedroom.

The sound of hoof beats could still be heard from the street outside.

This time tomorrow night, would they still be alive?

Thanks, foxs.

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs

ahaha, you're wrong on this one, foxs. been there for 5 years
    hmm, i guess book 8 will be like the opening climax

Thanks, again!

Of Shang Ming in Book 3 Chapter 10 The Fire of War on Lake Wei :
    Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    Xu Ziling was not amused, Go to your Niang! Fall in love with me? This kind of love is not worth mentioning.

The more Kou Zhong thought, the more he was convinced. He analyzed, Even if one time you cursed her as a loose woman and had no feeling of shame, hence your offense is more serious than mine, but my treatment to her was not much better. Yet she only looked for you to vent her anger; this kind of girls mind is the most difficult to fathom. When you went to see her, that guy Shang Ming could not sit or stand still, his expression turned really weird.

Xu Ziling seized this opportunity to change the subject, In that case, that Shang Ming ought to be that evil woman Princess husband, who has not yet passed through a doorway [marry into a family, see Book 3 Chapter 9]. Ay! Even if the entire Dong Ming Pai people kneeled in front of me, I cant possibly join their Sect. Men married into the womens family, why would I want to do that?
    And Book 4 Chapter 3 Shooting Star from the North
    Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    Seeing she was humiliating his Princess, Shang Ming laughed coldly and said...
    Dread...
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs. I'm too lazy to go back and reread but I'm pretty sure she had a thing for LSM. When she first the Ba dude and saw him fight, she was smitten by him. If she wasn't, why would she hang out with him knowing he's attracted to her? But it's not important. She's engaged to a dude she doesn't like and the one she really likes doesn't give a damn. Or does he? Maybe XZL is lying to himself as well. He's definitely jealous!

I'm beginning to dislike KZ. He's too manipulative. I know he loves XZL but he has no qualms about using him knowing he doesn't want to get involved. Too ambitious and too selfish. I can't wait for XZL to leave him.

Thanks Foxs

Default Book 8 - Chapter 1, Part 1

Jaya, Ysabel, Anh, ycb, HPC, Abhay, you are welcome. Bocah, I stand corrected. Xu Xiong, thanks. So you see, what we know about Shan Wanjing so far is from what other people think about her. Sky, I would not say that she was smitten. I mean, although I am married and dont have any intention to cheat, but if I see an attractive, smart woman, I would also admire her. Or am I the only one whos like that? Again, my opinion is based on what Huang Yi wrote. At least, to my recollection, Huang Yi had never explicitly said that Shan Wanjing was a loose, or even a greedy, woman like Fu Junyu or Shen Luoyan or Yun Yuzhen. I kinda agree with Akolaws analysis the other day. Not that I like Shan Wanjing too much, but I do feel that she really cared about Xu Ziling, too bad Xu Ziling did not reciprocate the feeling. Anyway, new chapter, new book.

Book 8 Chapter 1 Meticulous Planning

The next morning, the situation inside the city was still very tense. Tieqi Huis warriors and Lin Shihongs Chu Army could be seen galloping on horsebacks back and forth on the streets, patrolling and searching.

Fortunately Niu Fangcai was in good relationship with the high-ranking military officer guarding the city gate; therefore, Yun Yuzhen, Xiang Yushan and the others were able to leave the city and went on board their ship without any surprise without any danger, so that Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling breathed a sigh of relief.

After Niu Fangcai returned, he fetched a map of the City of Jiujiang, and coached the two boys in detail. He said, Jiujiang is located at the heart of the route connecting the north and the south. Those who want to travel from south to the north will most likely take the waterway first and then abandon their boat here to continue by land. There is a stone pier at the north side of the old city that has a reputation as southern boat northern horse; it is very prosperous.

Kou Zhong said, This time Lin Shihong and Ren Shaoming are forming alliance in Jiujiang and announced it all over the world, their intention must be to display their strength to the heroes and warriors from both the north and the south. Ay! Vying over the world is really not a simple matter.

Niu Fangcai went on, On the south Jiujiang is connected to Dongting [Lake], on the north it is connected to the Great River, network of waterways crisscrossing the city. The main part is the old city district. The city wall reaches fifteen zhang high, with four city gates and three sluice gates. My Xing Fa Long and the Chun Zai Lou are both located at the old city district, only one in the south the other in the north, at the ends of the North Gate Avenue and the South Gate Avenue, respectively. These two streets meet at the city center, where the city hall, Zhen Jiang Lou [lit. river town building] is located.

Xu Ziling said, Fifteen zhang is such a high wall, we will need some kind of tool to climb over it.

Or, find a way to slip out via the sluice gate, Kou Zhong said.

Niu Fangcai said, The sluice gate is reinforced with double steel walls, extremely sturdy. Plus all three sluice gates are especially equipped with monitoring posts and are being patrolled regularly. Trying to destroy it in advance is also very difficult to do.

Xu Ziling asked, Does Niu Shu [uncle] know the patrolling schedule and the times of the changing sentry guards?

Niu Fangcai proudly replied, That is our main task, we have all the records. All together there are ten different schedules, which is changing once every five days, and then the schedule will cycle.

Kou Zhongs eyes brightened as he said, As long as we conduct the assassination operation with an accurate grasp of the schedule of the patrols and the changing of the guards, we can get out from the sluice gate before the enemy finds out. But of course we need special tools.

Niu Fangcai frowned and said, But that would alert the guards.

Kou Zhong said, In that case we might as well get rid of them.

Niu Fangcai smiled wryly and said, The guards post is on top of the city wall. If you can reach that place, you might as well climb over the wall to escape. But from the city wall, the closest house is at least twenty zhang away, if two Gongzi show yourself in that range, you will be immediately found out, and they are going to shoot arrows from the elevation; it is very difficult to deal with.

That shouldnt be a problem, Xu Ziling said, We can stay underwater for a long time without needing to take a breath, we might as well take the water route, we break the sluice gate underwater and escape from there.

Niu Fangcai agreed, If two gentlemen have this kind of diving ability, it is indeed a feasible strategy, because the enemy surely wont expect that you can hide underwater for a long time.

But then he sighed and said, The biggest problem is still that it is impossible to get near Ren Shaomings place at Chun Yuan [spring garden] without being detected. This is, of course, assuming that Ren Shaoming will go there to visit Huo Qi tonight!

Kou Zhong said in a heavy voice, In that case well ambush him on the way to Chun Zai Lou.

Niu Fangcai shook his head and said, Because Ren Shaoming is ruthless and has killed a lot of people, he has a lot of enemies; therefore, he never takes the same route to a certain place. This method will be difficult to implement.

Having a brainwave, Kou Zhong said, Arent there several banyan trees outside Chun Zai Lou? We can swing the tree up, borrowing the force to cross over the thirty some zhang distance and land on the back of the Xiang Yuan [fragrant garden] roof. Ay! But the escape will not be as easy.

Xu Ziling said indifferently, Its always difficult to have ones cake and eat it too in this world!

Kou Zhong took out the aerial drawing of the Chun Zai Lou and spread it out on the table. Pointing to the big tree at the southwest corner outside the Chun Yuan, he traced his finger to another big tree, which scale-wise was about five zhang away from the first tree to the north. He said excitedly, If we can tie a strong and elastic rope across the top of these two trees, we can escape by catapulting ourselves out. Oh, heavens! If we could lay out several elastic ropes on high places, wont we be able to come and go like flying? My only concern is that the enemy would notice it first.

Niu Fangcai was emotionally moved; he said, That is a wonderful opening the heaven idea, but it is feasible. Ill find a way to make arrangement for the ropes. If we put iron hook on both ends, and paint it black, plus we put it high up in the air, hopefully nobody can see it. The only problem remaining is how to conceal all these preparations from the enemys eyes and ears. Furthermore, can the two Gongzi land your feet on these ropes without missing a hairbreadth?

Kou Zhong said, Let the two of us worry about these two issues. Standing up abruptly, he laughed aloud and said, Well scout the site first. Unless Ren Shaoming does not go to Chun Zai Lou, he will lose his life tonight.

Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling sat on the table by the window on the second floor of a restaurant, both were looking out the window.

The first thing that entered their vision was the wide street outside, wide enough for five four-horse carriages to come and go at the same time, and then they looked at the row of shops across the street from the main entrance of the restaurant, five of which were pharmacies. It can clearly be seen that since Jiujiang has always been prosperous, it was the common practice of the residents to frequently rely on medicaments. The other shops were grain retailer, oil mill, cloth shop, grocery store, et cetera.

Every seven or eight zhang, there was a tree planted by the side of the road, to provide shade to the passerby.

Toward the south, the high wall at the northeast corner of Chun Zai Lous rear courtyard was barely visible. Beyond the wall, behind the trees, patches of dark green roof tiles could be seen. It was a massive building, and was quite imposing.

Inside the courtyard, fresh and green, verdant trees: elms, Chinese scholar trees, old banyan trees, had their luxuriant leaves rustling in the breeze. The trees did not seem to know that a life and death battle involving the fate of the world [tian xia] would happen that night.

Taking a deep breath, Kou Zhong said in a low voice, We will install the first batch elastic ropes on the trees in this side of the road, and then when we get to the treetops at the other side of the road, well install the second batch of ropes with which we can shoot into the courtyard. This way with just a few ups and downs we could reach the Chun Yuan. We will get out following the same route.

This moment the waiter came with some noodles. Kou Zhong quickly engaged him in some chitchats.

After the waiter left, Xu Ziling started to eat his noodles and said, It would be best if we could be one step ahead of Ren Shaoming, lying in wait for him outside the Chun Yuan, so that we wont have to take the trouble of making our move inside the room. Also it would be a bit easier to escape.

Kou Zhong nodded his agreement. Looking down, he concentrated on eating and drinking for a moment. But when he drank the soup, he suddenly said in heavy voice, If we fail to kill Ren Shaoming, we will die instead. We wont leave unless we succeed. Do you understand?

Xu Ziling smiled, Fully understand, he replied, If we dont set up an impassable aspiration, we will never succeed.

Kou Zhong sighed and said, This is actually my business, you should not get involved.

finaly caught up
    thx foxs

is there a wuxia novel you know of that resembles this one that you may know of?

Arigato for another one!

Thanks, foxs.

Thanks foxs