Page 97 of 358 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 7159

Thread: 大唐双龙传 [Da Tang Shuang Long Zhuan] by Huang Yi

Thanks, foxs.

This is a great wuxia story, the fight and the ladies form part of it.

Thanks foxs

Default Book 8 - Chapter 4, Part 2

Ysabel, ycb, Abhay, HPC, Jaya, Anh, you are welcome. Xu Xiong, I thought Shan Wanjing is prettier than that? DongBin, I am with Akolaw, its a package deal. kink4, welcome to the thread. I dont recall seeing your name before. Hope youll like it. Sky, tell me something new (KZ IS shameless; ergo, he could be a politician )

Song Zhis eyes were gleaming with lightning flashes. It was quite a moment later that he said, All along we and Baling Bang are like river water that does not interfere with well water, yet there is no friendly relationship either, so

Kou Zhong laughed and said, Leave it to us, two brothers, to act as a go-between [orig. to thread a needle]. And now let us return to Baling. Whatever Xiao Dangjia thinks, we will let Er Ye know.

Song Zhi chuckled and said, Talking with two Xiaoxiong, you act quick and you talk quick, it is indeed very stirring. Wed better have Yuzhi come with you to take a look what Xiao Dangjia has in mind.

Er Shu! Song Yuzhi protested.

Song Zhi smiled and said, This is an important matter, Yuzhi is the most suitable candidate, it will also show our Song Familys sincerity.

Song Yuzhi gave Kou Zhong a hard stare for a moment before she finally sighed and said, Yuzhi accept the order!

The three people disembarked the ship and hurried toward the appointed place where Xiang Yushans ship has dropped anchor.

Song Yuzhi deliberately fell behind, she did not want to walk alongside the two boys.

Half a sichen later, the two Jukun Bang ships appeared on the hillside below. Kou Zhong stopped abruptly, so that Song Yuzhi nearly bumped onto his broad back. However, Xu Ziling did not stop at all, he continued rushing down.

Behind Kou Zhong, Song Yuzhi knitted her brows. Why are you stopping? she asked.

Kou Zhong kept his gaze downward; he replied in heavy voice, Do you see that red and white flag hanging on the mast? That means there are enemies onboard, but the people on the ship are still all right.

Song Yuzhi looked down below and saw the masts with the fluttering red and white flag towering over the wooded area by the riverbank. Her countenance changed, Then why did you let Xu Ziling brave the danger alone?

Kou Zhong smiled and said, First of all, Xiao Ling is highly capable of dealing with any danger, alone. Secondly, people on our side still have the freedom to move freely, hence it can clearly be seen that the situation is not completely dire.

Annoyed, Song Yuzhi said, But we are dilly-dallying here, arent we wasting our time?

Without turning around, Kou Zhong giggled and said, As long as Miss Song is here with me, there is no problem of wasting time.

Song Yuzhis pretty face blushed slightly. Kou Zhong, she said fiercely, Just remember that even if Die and Er Shu say yes, I, Song Yuzhi, will never marry you. You, this guy, basically dont have the least bit of sincerity.

Kou Zhong replied indifferently, Supposing I do have sincerity, would Miss change your mind?

Song Yuzhi kept a straight expression on her pretty face, as if she did not see him at all. Putting an air of a free spirit, she spoke casually, Expecting you to have sincerity is like expecting the sun to rise in the west!

This moment Kou Zhong heard Xu Ziling issuing three birdcalls in succession. Come! he said, Miss Song is destined to always follow me, the Ol Kou.

Without waiting for her response, he dashed downhill.

On the deck of the ship, Xiang Yushan, Yun Yuzhen, Bu Tianzhi, Chen Laomou and the others were standing on one side, whereas on the other side stood the most outstanding martial art master of Tujues younger generation, Ba Fenghan, and the newly appointed master of Dongming Pai, the Dongming Princess Shan Wanjing.

Looking at both sides demeanor, apparently they had not fought yet.

Although Ba and Shan, two peoples martial art skill surpassed those of Xiang Yushan and the others, but they were heavily outnumbered by Xiang Yushans side, so that achieving victory would not be easy.

Leading Song Yuzhi along, Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling leaped onto the deck and joined Xiang Yushans side. Immediately Ba Fenghan and Shan Wanjing were put into the weaker side, yet the two did not show the least bit of disturbed look.

When he saw the unique charm of Song Yuzhi, Ba Fenghans eye lit up. He said with a laugh, This Miss is

Shan Wanjing cut him off, Turns out Song Familys Miss Yuzhi. I wonder why you came back with these two little thieves.

Obviously Song Yuzhi was acquainted with Shan Wanjing; she replied indifferently, If Princess wants to fight with these two little hey! Two little kids, please dont involve Yuzhi. Our Song family is not going to meddle in your affairs.

Xiang Yushan, Yun Yuzhen, and the others were greatly perplexed, they could not figure out Song Yuzhis relation with the two boys.

It was unclear whether she was driven by jealousy, but Yun Yuzhen deliberately came close to Kou Zhong, affectionately put her mouth by his ear and said, Unexpectedly you guys really killed Ren Shaoming; a lot of people cant believe it! This illicit couple came here half a sichen earlier than you did, they insist on waiting for you here.

Kou Zhong nodded. He turned to Ba Fenghan and laughed aloud, Hows Ba Xiongs martial art skill compared to Ren Shaoming? he asked.

Letting out an indifferent laugh, Ba Fenghan replied, We have not fought each other, how would I know whos superior whos inferior? This time I came here to wait respectfully for the two gentlemens honored selves, it is precisely to get the answer to the question of whos superior whos inferior.

It was only now did Song Yuzhi find out that that man was Ba Fenghan; she could not help looking at him with interest, sizing him up. She felt that both in terms of outward appearance and poise, he was not inferior to Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling. Not only his sharp features were not obnoxious, it even added an unusually appealing charm.

Xu Ziling knitted his brows and said, Ba Xiong and us have never had any real enmity, why would you readily want to fight a life and death battle? But we are not afraid of Ba Xiong, not at all. We merely have deep respect out of believe that people of talent appreciate one another!

Ba Fenghan did not expect Xu Ziling to speak so appropriately. He was stunned for half a day before finally spoke with a wry smile, Although I do not have any personal enmity against Kou Xiong and Xu Xiong, its a pity that two of Ol Bas close female friends are determined to kill two gentlemen. How could Ol Ba simply watch with folded arms?

Kou Zhong smiled and said, If Ba Xiong can really watch with folded arms, the problem will be easily solved [orig. the bamboo splits as soon as it meets the knifes edge]. You dont believe me? Ha! Let me conduct an experiment and have you see it. Xiao Ling! Get out and stand over here, let the Princess kill you! By no means, do not hit back!

Shan Wanjing, who all along has been silent, suddenly became agitated. Kou Zhong, she angrily shouted, Get out and roll over here to die first, lets see if I dare to kill you or not.

Kou Zhong laughed aloud and said, Ladies and gentlemen, did you see that? If Princess can really make her move to kill Xiao Ling, why would she want me, Zhong Shao, to take his place?

Qiang!

Shan Wanjing drew her sword, took two steps forward, and then with face as cold as ice she pointed the tip of the sword toward the two boys and said, Get out, both of you. To kill you, two little thieves, I do not need any help.

Xiang Yushan spoke up respectfully, Princess, please think thrice. Once someone shed blood, the enmity that ensues will be difficult to resolve, resulting in endless entanglement.

Shan Wanjing replied coldly, This is a matter between me and these two; it would be best if outsiders not interfere.

Laughing tenderly, Yun Yuzhen said, Is Ba Fenghan considered an outsider?

Resolute and decisive [orig. chop the nail and slice the iron], Shan Wanjing said, He cant interfere either.

Ba Fenghan sat casually on the ships railings; unruffled, he said, I have something Id like to say: if it is a fair, one-on-one fight, the Ol Ba will not interfere.

With a forced laughter Kou Zhong said, Princess is fully aware that we are unwilling to harm you; this is extremely unfair! Xiao Ling! You go first!

Xu Ziling strode forward. He stopped about half a zhang in front of Shan Wanjing, and calmly said, Princess, please bestow instructions!

Shan Wanjings beautiful eyes exuded an incomparably complicated expression as she stared at Xu Ziling for a moment. And then, as if she finally made up her mind, suddenly her lily-white hand started to move; in an instant it turned into millions of light and shadow, sword qi permeated the air, blanketing Xu Xiling completely in the inside.

Everybody already knew that her swordsmanship was superb, but no one had ever expected that it would be this astonishing.

Xu Ziling watched as the tip of her sword turned into a dot of cold star and shot into his chest, yet unexpectedly he did not respond at all.

Kou Zhong raised his eyebrows; his eyes glinted sharply. He did not look at Xu Ziling at all; rather, he was staring viciously at Shan Wanjings serene yet terrifying eyes.

He was the only one who understood that Xu Ziling was using his life as a gambling stake in an attempt to resolve this hopelessly muddled enmity.

Ba Fenghan also revealed an astonished look on his face. His hand pressed on the sabers hilt; but it was unclear whether he was thinking of preventing this matter from happening, or he wanted to stop Kou Zhong and the other spectators from interfering.

Xiang Yushan, Yun Yuzhen, Bu Tianzhi, Song Yuzhi and the others had their countenances changed at the same time, but it all happened so fast that they did not even have time to scream. The tip of Shan Wanjings sword was already only a cun away from the pit of Xu Zilings stomach.

Kou Zhong leaned forward slightly, his eyes shone with lightning flashes. As soon as Shan Wanjings sword penetrated Xu Zilings chest for real, he would disregard everything to charge toward Shan Wanjing.

Ba Fenghans eyes were also focused on Kou Zhong, he was also prepared to make his move.

The sword qi was pressing on Xu Zilings tattered garment that it was fluttering wildly backward, but he still stood there upright and unafraid; his pair of tiger eyes was flickering with divine and unfathomable radiance, his countenance was as calm as the water in an ancient well without any ripple on it, without the slightest care of this sword, which was about to decide his life and death. Even his eyebrows did not wrinkle at all.

Right this instant between life and death, Shan Wanjings eyes finally appeared to change. It was a subtle expression of distress mixed with anger. Sword qi suddenly subsided, the sword tip skewed three cun upward. The blade stabbed Xu Zilings flank.

Xu Ziling clearly felt the sword blade reached his bone. But then Shan Wanjing swiftly pulled her sword and retreated.

Blood spurted out wildly, but Xu Ziling was still as steady as the mountain, he was not swayed at all.

Up to this point nobody made any noise yet, the more than a hundred people onboard two ships appeared to have turned into mutes.

Kou Zhong breathed a sigh of relief. Ba Fenghans gaze returned to Xu Ziling. An admiring glance flashed through his eyes, followed vicious murderous aura, but it also quickly disappeared.

Shan Wanjing retreated almost to the end of the bow. She looked down on her sword stained with Xu Zilings blood, her face turned ashen as she spoke with a trembling voice, Xu Ziling! Why didnt you fight back?

Taking a deep breath, Xu Ziling transmitted his qi to stop the blood flow from his wound. He spoke gently, Has Princess anger subsided somewhat?

Shan Wanjings breasts went up and down rapidly. Looking up, she met Xu Zilings eyes as she shook her head slowly and said, My anger will never subside, but the matter of stolen account book can be dropped at this point.

Soaring high into the air, she made a somersault and disappeared into the forest by the riverbank. The most surprising thing was that she did not call Ba Fenghan to go together with her.

Now everybody turned their eyes toward a little awkward Ba Fenghan.

Having just recovered from the shock, Yun Yuzhen called out with her tender voice, Princess is gone, arent Ba Gongzi going to leave as well?

Ba Fenghan shook his head with a wry smile. What good is it to chase a woman who has had a change of heart? he said.

His body flashed, he left as if he suddenly disappeared into thin air.

thanks again foxs!

awww, soo sweet ...

thanks foxs

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    Xu Xiong, I thought Shan Wanjing is prettier than that?
    Quoting a popular line from Poe :
    All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.
    And I'll put my mind soon to updating the unabridged Thread's character list

What, who's thinking of Zhou Zhiruo ?
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs

"that even ifDie and Er Shu say yes" > add space
    "Ba Xiong and us have never had any real enmity" > Ba Xiong and we
    "enmity against Kou Xiong and XuXiong" > add space
    "blanketing Xu Xiling completely" > Xu Ziling
    "followed vicious murderous aura" > followed by
    "Princess is gone, arent Ba Gongzi going to leave" > isn't Ba

Kou Zhong made a smart but risky gamble. I still feel Ba Fenghan is a decent character. Almost expected some sparks to fly between Ba Fenghan and Song Yuzhi. Was expecting to see more reactions between Song Yuzhi and Yun Yuzhen.

Thanks foxs. KZ does make a great politician, no argument there!

Points for everyone in this part except for Lustful Sifu. I really dislike her and hope she disappears soon. Points for XZL for not fighting back because he and KZ did wrong Doming Pei. Points for the Princess for finally sorting out her feelings and admitting that her anger is personal but she's willing to drop the book matter. Points for KZ for instigating the Princess. The highest point goes to BFH. His last line shows that he's not too proud and lost (love battle) gracefully. Now it's time for SYZ to admit her feelings for KZ before he falls in love with someone else (unless he's still in love with the Li girl).

Thanks, foxs.

Thanks foxs

thanks foxs!

Default Book 8 - Chapter 5, Part 1

Ycb, Bocah, Ysabel, Lao Qianbei, HPC, Jaya, Anh, Kink, you are welcome. Xu Xiong, what does Zhuo Zhiruo have to do with this story? Kowloon, thanks. Sky, good points (Points for you too).

Book 8 Chapter 5 Night Talk on Yangtze River

By dusk that day, the warship sailed out of the river bend and entered the Yangtze River, going upstream toward Baling. The cargo ship also sailed along the river going north.

When Kou Zhong pushed the door and entered into Xu Zilings cabin, the latter was regulating his qi and his breathing. Other than the paleness due to slight loss of blood earlier, he did not look like someone who had just been stabbed by a sword.

The two boys sat in the two chairs by the window.

Kou Zhong sighed and said, Your guts are really not small. At that time I was so afraid that she could not stop her hand and hence take your life for real. Whenever I thought about it I am still having cold sweats.

Xu Ziling smiled wryly and said, It was the only way to resolve the enmity; otherwise, how would she be willing to step back? If we fought, no matter who got injured, the result would not be good.

Kou Zhong seemed to be deep in thought. He said slowly, Ren Shaomings death not only alters the situation in the south, it also changes our fate, making us the target of a multitude of arrows. Although it has been like that for a while, but now the danger increases several folds.

After pausing for a moment, he continued, There are two people that we must guard against even more so than before. Can you guess which two I am talking about?

Xu Ziling mused, Is one of them Ba Fenghan? When Shan Wanjing let me off, I felt his murderous intention toward me. And the other one must be Tieles Big Bandit Qu Ao?

If it were Qu Ao, I dont need you to guess, Kou Zhong replied, I was thinking about Yang Xuyan. He wanted to assassinate Xiang kid; obviously it was for Lin Shihong and Ren Shaomings sake. Now that we killed Ren Shaoming instead, it would be really strange if he did not come looking for us to create trouble.

Xu Ziling turned his gaze toward the window, to the riverbank under the bright moonlight. He sighed, and then slowly shook his head, as if he wanted to throw away all the burden of his heart.

Kou Zhong tried to sound him out, Even Ba Fenghan seemed to think that that wicked Princess has a great interest toward you.

Xu Ziling absent-mindedly said, So what if she is interested. Dongming Pai has the strangest rule; Princess has already had prince consort early on. More importantly, I basically dont want to get married and have children. I just want to spend my days living a free and easy life. I am not like you with your lofty aspiration of saving the world or helping common people.

Kou Zhong was upset, You are making fun of me, he said.

Im just speaking the truth, Xu Ziling replied seriously, In terms of strategy, it would really help your cause if you could marry Song Yuzhi.

Kou Zhong looked up at the cabins ceiling, there was a flash of longing look in his eyes, which was quickly replaced by a layer of blank expression. He spoke dreamily, Cant say for sure which part of her attracts me most, but I cant ever think of her like I do Li Xiuning, which keeps winding around in my dreams and pulling away my soul, that keeps me awake at night feeling sad, giving me both pain and pleasure. Ay! Is it because I learned my lesson with Li Xiuning that I no longer have the guts to rush into love relationship?

Xu Ziling emphatically shook his head and said with a smile, Li Xiuning represents a key turning point in your, Zhong Shaos life. From that moment on, your desire for the fine things of the world was transferred to the great undertaking. Therefore, before you can figure out whether you love Song Yuzhi or not, you already decided to marry her. Because from your point of view, no feeling is more important than contending for the world. Hence anything that you have your eyes on, you only view it from this aspect. Am I wrong?

Kou Zhong was stunned, In that case, have I lost the ability to love a woman deeply? he asked.

Xu Ziling sympathetically said, This is called if you want to gain something you must lose something. A choice is a choice; since you chose one thing, naturally you lost something else.

Grabbing his head, Kou Zhong lamented, Cant I choose two things at once? Cant I find balance?

Upset, Xu Ziling said, Supposing right this moment Li Xiuning came to you and told you that she finally realized that the one she loved was you, and asking you to grow old together with her, would you be willing to give up Song Yuzhi?

Kou Zhong was immediately dumbstruck and was unable to reply.

This moment Yun Yuzhen pushed the door and walked in; smiling brightly, she asked the two boys, What are gentlemen, great heroes talking about? May I join you?

Kou Zhong patted his thigh and said with a laugh, Beautiful Shifu, are you interested in sitting on the most comfortable seat in the world?

With ten thousand flirtatious expressions Yun Yuzhen glowered at him and sat on the bed. Turning to Xu Ziling, she said, Are you still in pain? That Princess seemed to treat you with Seeing Kou Zhong kept signaling her with his hand, Yun Yuzhen quickly corrected herself, Ay! I almost forget to tell you the latest news: the Jade Annulus of He Clan has reappeared!

Kou Zhong was visibly shaken, Could you tell me the details?

Yun Yuzhen said, The widely spread rumor in Jianghu is that just before he left for Luoyang, while he was still at Duanwu, Ning Daoqi had given the Jade Annulus of He Clan to Shi Feixuan.

Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling were puzzled. So the Jade Annulus of He Clan is in Ning Daoqis hand? Xu Ziling asked in bewilderment.

Kou Zhongs interest was in something else, Who is Shi Feixuan? he asked, From the name, she should be a woman?

Seeing the two boys interest, Yun Yuzhen was delighted, The rumor is highly doubtful, she said, First of all, both parties cant possibly leak this kind of information, which would only bring endless trouble for them. Plus whoever started the rumor must have very strong imagination and have deep understanding of unpredictable human psyche.

Knitting his brows, Kou Zhong said, You havent answered my question: who is Shi Feixuan?

Yun Yuzhen cast him a sideways glance and said, So you are very interested because the person involved was a woman?

Kou Zhong burst out laughing, My Beautiful Shifu, even if you said that Ning Daoqi was giving the Jade Annulus of He Clan to someone called Kou Laoniu [lit. old cow], I would be very interested in this Kou Laoniu. This is called I am interested in the people involved, not the gender.

With an enchanting smile Yun Yuzhen said, Just consider Shifu has blamed you wrongly, all right? Have you guys heard about Ci Hang Jing Zhai? She and Yin Hui Pai are very similar [see Book 5 Chapter 12 for first mention of these two organizations], they both enjoy supreme status, but both are equally mysterious. The difference is that one is upright the other is heretical!

Xu Zilings tiger-eyes were flashing; he said slowly, That Shi Feixuan is the representative of Ci Hang Jing Zhai in the decisive battle against Yin Gui Pai.

Yun Yuzhen nodded and said, Turns out you guys already know about these two upright and heretical major sects. This time you killed Ren Shaoming, Yin Gui Pai will definitely not let you off.

Kou Zhong smiled and said, If there was no such enemy like Yin Gui Pai, we will never reach martial art master level like Ning Daoqi.

Yun Yuzhen stared blankly at him for half a day. She could not help asking, Do you want to be the emperor, or you want to be a genuine Wulin expert?

Xu Ziling replied indifferently, Beautiful Shifu talked about these two things as if it is as effortless as being a salt merchant or a chef. To Zhong Shao, these two objectives are the fish and the bears paw, you cant have both at the same time, both desires could be obtained quickly and later.

Yun Yuzhen was pleased, Xiao Ling, it has been a long while since you called me Beautiful Shifu! What wind has been blowing today?

Xu Ziling sighed and said, Tonight, whether Beautiful Shifus scowling or laughing, there is a little bit of sincerity that was not there before, so that my heart is touched, remembering those beautiful days when we first met.

Yun Yuzhens charming body trembled slightly; she looked at Xu Ziling, and then gazed at Kou Zhong. Hanging her small head down, she said softly, When I knew you, you were urchins who have not grown up. Fast forward to today, you have killed a formidable figure who had dominated the south for more than ten years, I suddenly realized that you have finally matured into Wulin experts who assume personal responsibility.

After a moment of pause she sighed and went on, Although I have schemed against you, the fact is that at that time the pain of contradiction in my heart was killing me. I dont know why, but I always felt you and I are kindred spirits; I am willing to trust you, to work for you. I dont trust Xiao Dangjia too much.

The last sentence was spoken with a voice as tiny as a mosquito.

Kou Zhongs eyes were gleaming with mysterious glint; he said in low voice, If Beautiful Shifu is willing to help me, I guarantee I will treat you right.

Assuming a bit of helpless attitude Yun Yuzhen said, I hope you wont one day forget that promise. Xiao Ling is my witness.

Xu Ziling could only smile wryly.

Kou Zhong was progressively accomplishing his plan to build up his power and prestige. And successful mission to kill Ren Shaoming was the most important juncture. Otherwise, how could such a figure like Yun Yuzhen, a Gang Leader rich with Jianghu experience, express allegiance to him? Moreover, it appeared more complicated because it involved the man-woman attraction between them. Supposing in the future Kou Zhong let Yun Yuzhen down, what could Xu Ziling do?

Kou Zhong showed an engaging smile toward Yun Yuzhen as he said tenderly, Beautiful Shifu may be rest assured! I understand revering master is a serious thing. Right! What kind of person is Shi Feixuan? Hows her martial art skill?

Enchanted by the charm of his smile, Yun Yuzhen blissfully said, Shi Feixuan is just like Shi Qingxuan [Translators note: not the same shi and xuan characters]; they are both shrouded in mystery. The number of people who had seen them is really not many, but those who have, all of them are awed by her extraordinarily refined personality traits. She appears to represent the most beautiful thing of the world, so that people adore her, without ever arousing lust in their hearts. Moreover, she brings forth a feeling of inferiority in both men and women who are in her presence.

Listening to her, Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling could only stare blankly; unexpectedly there was a character like her in the world.

Isnt she a [Buddhist] Nun? Xu Ziling was puzzled, How come she is using secular [orig. sujia, original home of a monk/nun] name and surname?

No one knows, Yun Yuzhen replied, But although she grew a cloud of hair and used secular family name, her conduct and her way of living is no different from someone who has left home [to become Buddhist monk/nun]. She lives an ascetic, plain and simple life.

Thanks foxs

Thanks for the update foxs!

Can someone remind me how KZ is soooo madly in love with Li Xiuning? If my memory serves me right, they had about two scenes together. One of those scene, she was with her fiance. I don't remember they had any moments alone together. How can he be so in love with her? I just don't get it! They barely spoke! Now, he has Lustful Sifu as a lover and wants to marry SYZ but in his hearts, he still wants a woman he hardly knows. Yeah...he's a complete mess!!!

I can't wait to meet this Shi Feixuan. She may be the inspiration that XZL needs to leave KZ and forges his own path. He wants to be a monk but not really a monk. Hahaha! Maybe she can guide his lost soul to the Holy Land!

Thanks, once again.
    The regular updates keep interest high...
    [in fact I am re-reading your version from the beginning]

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    Xu Xiong, what does Zhuo Zhiruo have to do with this story?
    Just a complicated stab at what emotions might be behind...
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫